Make new entree in long awaited series

Sounds delicious.

You've basically described most game IP's that have died in existance.

That's the point actually. I wasn't specifically refering to DOW 3.

And it is very good thing.
Fact normies has their shit games to play actually resulted in developers no longer able to appeal to "wider audience".
Nobody wants to play you shitty team based shooter, everyone is playing Overwatch. Every new moba just flops because everyone is playing LoL or Dota.
Maybe they will realize it and soon they will actually make a game for their fanbase instead of trying to expand it forever.

I kinda like our hell. At least things die and will not appear again. In Asia worshiping a brand takes a new meaning.

traps arent gay

Nintendo doesn't understand this. They make a Metriod or Pikmin game that is no way like the original and expect us to buy it because it's "Pikmin!" as if that matters when the gameplay is completely different.

It's understandable when something along the lines of shooters and competitive hero combat games try something for the wider audience and it doesn't work. It boggles me when it's an autistic game with an autistic fanbase and the devs abandon all autism in favour of the mythical wider audience for a genre and IP that wasn't designed for normies to begin with, resulting in absolutely no one playing the game. Jagged alliance's crowdfunding was a very good example of this. Pitch it as autism, then make a casual game because the autists have already pledged to try to get a wider audience.

The "wider audience" wont ever enjoy actual competitive games. They want random chance games where they can win every now and then out of luck rather than skill.

You are naive.
There will be no realisation.
The reason is that every decision is taken by publishers who know absolutely nothing about games, all they care about is money.
They tell developers what to do and what to make, developers follow because it is their job and they are all fuckwits nowadays anyway, with 'game development degrees' and other idiocy. Meaning they all produce the exact same shit, just like all the fucking idiots who went to film school.
It's a factory now.
Original, interesting and fun games almost never arrive now, and if they do - they are immediately snatched up by a publisher that buys them out and perverts the original to make it have a wider appeal.

Just look for good games, and don't hold onto them, because they die sooner or later.

What's happening to monster Hunter right now

It's going to be the best selling monhun ever and no amount of bitching will change that.

By who? The five neckbeards who still care about GW?

When will it finally die? How many times can you play the same game with the most minor of differences before enough is enough?

New Monster Hunter designed specifically for western audiences in mind. (Reddit) and thus we get a dumb down causal game. Only win is if Nintendo wants a old monster Hunter game or Japan gamers hate world and it bombs over there.

Dawn of War babies are exact opposites of "neckbeards who care about gw".

the issue is not that fans no longer want X game, it's more

I'm sorry, but is that the fucking Ducktales Remaster engine?
IT looks suspiciously like it

Eat shit Relic, i guess the "Wider audience" just wasn't interested. Bet investors really like the fact that you ostracized the "Core Fans" with retarded design choices.

Can't wait to play it and drink your tears

By people who like RTS games
Dawn of War was a good RTS even outside without setting.

Looks so low budget, and it has that awful "CGI anime" vibe.

For any RTS developer who is reading: SINGLE PLAYER CAMPAIGN MAKES OR BREAKS THE GAME.

There is no faster way for me to stop caring about an upcoming RTS than to hear about "multiplayer focus."

How is that a bad thing? Franchises are cancer and most sequels are unnecessary.

Sequels are the death of creativity and quality.

b-b-b-but muh competitive scene! muh esports! muh twitch streaming audience! it's the current year, who the fuck cares about single player anyway?! In all seriousness, I have no idea what relic wanted to do in the first place, this dumb push for the esports meme when DoW never even had a significant competitive scene to begin with, much less the infrastructure and logistics to handle a sufficiently optimized tournament organization. If even giants like valve and relic regularly fuck their shit up, I can only speculate on what level of retardation sega/nu-relic were on thinking they could pull it off themselves.

valve and riot games* I meant.

The good news is that they are starting to run out of those unless they want to make games that nobody wants that are completely different from the original to ensure they get zero sales at all.

How has the dev team for that game not killed themselves yet?

hello reddit

DoW2 was already garbage, so there wasnt much to expect anyway

What is this trash and why does it look like a unity engine fan game.

He's not reddit, he's a fucking normie

DoW2 was definitely not as good as DoW1, but I wouldn't call it "trash" it's just a very different type of game. It's the difference between Legend of Zelda, and Legend of Zelda 2. Just because the sequel is different than the original doesn't make it bad. That may not have been the best example because Zelda 2 was in fact objectively bad, but you get my point.

Is normalfag filtered or something? What's with all these refugees lately?

Part of the problem is that we're entering a new age of game development. We've pushed the limits of what technical skill can do to improve a game, and we're finally reaching the point where good graphics or decent controls don't mean shit so much as good story and good gameplay do. This also means that we're going to see a lot of decline in AAA game success, and more focus will be put on the little guys who can actually make good, original games. Unfortunately, it also means there's going to be a lot of experimentation in what makes a (((game))) which will lead to a lot of games-as-art titles. we're already seeing examples of this that have popped up over the years, Stanley Parable with its Freedom of Choice message, Undertale with its worse version of the same, [Thing] Simulators, and even this year's VN, Doki Doki Literature with part of gameplay being within the game's file folder.
It won't be all bad, we'll get some interesting Walking Sims with Dark Souls-tier atmosphere and visuals

RTS is a really bad choice of a genre for WH40k game. Space marines don't build bases around their drop out. Prove me wrong. It either needs xcom style squad based gameplay, or turn based wargame simulator. And then trying to redo the "rts" into "rts with moba elements" was huge fail on DoW's creators side. Fuck, even rpg with dice roll based combat would do nicely for warhammer 40k, similar to shadowrun or wasteland 2. Especially if you're going to make a story in those games starring crucial characters in the setting.
And thanks to deathwing and space marine i believe action genre in 40k setting has no bright future too.

Also there should be more games in horus heresy setting, since tyranids and orks are overused to hell, and horus heresy has a large selection of books already, to make good games based on it.

why did mark remove the normies filter?

There doesn't have to be a conscious realization for a realization to take place.
You can buy shitty processed food with no nutrients or flavor because your conscious mind is fooled by slick and carefully orchestrated advertisements, but you can't fool your body and your palate. That craving for good food will always be there and the first time you taste good food after a long time you'll be satisfied and you'll want to repeat the experience as much as possible. You don't have to have an epiphany about a good diet in order to start craving good food again.

this thread seems to be telling me to TAKE A SUCK
fucking koei temco where's my NG ports

there's more to it then that and quite honestly the campaign is just training for multiplayer anyways

X4/coop squad based rtt is the proper genre for 40k tbh

MM11 wasn't bad, just poorly timed. Had they waited 4 years to make it, the nostalgia effect would have brought in the cash.

There's one in development right now, and its just a civ clone, instead of endless space/master of orion clone. Because i want to conduct fucking exterminatus on planets.

endless space is subpar tbh

One of the reasons I never got into the first dawn of war really. Warhammer's always been about straight up warfare, set up your dudes and blast the shit out of each other. Suits 'total war' combat better by far

Yet practically every RTS campaign fails at teaching/forcing the player to git gud. Even the absolute shittiest player can beat the campaign of most RTS games by slowly building an unstoppable rape-train army and then steamrolling the enemy base - no strategy or skill required, beyond a childlike understanding that you dig for more moneys to buy more shootymans then send them all on attack move to the other corner of the map. Missions with a finite supply of troops are even worse, because they're balanced to be doable with the troops you are given. A bit of trial and error will show the player where the enemy forces are, and then they can complete the level without learning a single thing that carries beyond that level.

This is the thing that amazes about all these retarded suits and devs. The game that they are trying to copy already exists and is an infinite resource. It also is likely more stable and has a much bigger base of players and mods.

did you play on easy like?

I wasn't referring to myself, although I will admit that I'm painfully mediocre at RTS games. That's mostly down to me having the complete wrong mindset for RTS games to begin with. I'm allergic to losing even one soldier, don't like making snap decisions on the fly, and building up my base is lots of fun until that bastard enemy comes and attacks me and ruins everything.

it's easy to be if you only play the ai and friends you'll only play once with because they don't enjoy loosing

I think that's pretty good tbh

Pretty sure that's shit compared to previous games and their budget.

You mean the games made at the height of the RTS genre when people could not get enough of them?

Also this had no advertising and doesn't look particularly high budget. It's a notch over indie, barely.

I love RTS but hate multiplayer.

Fools want to be the number one and biggest. Just making millions isn't enough. Idiots who think they can compete with the one who both came first and did it right.

Why is it that Holla Forums is full of MHW apologists? Normally when a sequel gets wider audienced it gets shat on, but in this case it's nothing but "but it's going to sell a lot" and "it's popular". Who cares how popular it is if it's shit? It's never even about the quality, all they talk about is how it's popular and that they're totally going to play it.

How many examples are there of them trying this and having a huge success? The biggest examples I can think of are Fallout and Skyrim.
>talking to a coworker
I died a little inside

Shills and redditors.

Because Monster Hunter is an awful series that has flourished in the past 5 years by repackaging the same game over and over and still managing to sell really well.

But since now they seem to not be making the same thing again, we're supposed to believe they "sold out" and that it's not going to be good.
Lemme break it to you, every single Monster Hunter game on the 3DS is repetitive trash with barely any changes from the previous title.

Normies has always be used in IB, newfag. Reddit took the term but i don't give a fuck. I don't intend to start using nromalfafagagagagagafagagagag just to take the distance from stupid normies copycat. Now lurk more and shut the fuck up. Supposed "real fag" like you shouldn't dare speaking about things they discovered yesterday.

what was dawn of war 2 to you then? a breath of fresh air in a stagnant genre?

Relic has a boner for e-sports, they do this shit to all their games.
eat a dick Relic

The main reason dow3 flopped was because they tried to make a game more "accessible" while at the same times making the game 3 times harder to play.

Adding powerful heroes to an rts does not make it casual, contrary it makes it harder because the standard rts elements are still there. Not just heroes but high time to kill and removing noob friendly mechanics like retreat and reinforce everywhere. Dow3 might look like it appeals to a wider audience but in practice dow1 is the most casual friendly game in the series.

Some say they go esports but they really don't, if you go esports you launch with observermode and ranked and you actually market the game to the esports audience instead of expecting the casual dawn of war audience to suddenly like something completely different.

The easy ai will completely rape new players once it techs up, my bro once got his entire army instantly wiped by computer dropping deathstorm and orbital on him.

The campaign is meh and lacks replayability. So theres pretty much nothing for you if you are average campaign only/compstomping dawn of war player.

Listen faggot different boards even from the same site can have different cultures, before you faggots from cuckchan came here no one used the normies over normalfags, i dont fucking care what fuckign retarded words a fag from /sp/, /g/ or the mongols from /ylilauta/ or the fags from krautchan used 5 years ago you are not from here and you dont belong

Because Mark's a faggot who added a filter to change "normies" to "normalfags". The reason you're suddenly seeing "normies" said often now is because he recently decided to be less of a faggot than usual and removed the filter.

I haven't played any DOW and I don't plan to.

And yes, MH is shit.
Great response though faggot. I bet you actually bought all the MHs that were released on the 3DS like the good goy you are.

Who says you have to play DoW to shill, and no I never played MH, you shitpost these games 'cause you get paid chump change for it, and I'm suppose to be the good goy here. Speak for yourself nigger.

Great job user

This is why Total War is still selling millions.

No genre can do war story better than strategy games.

Dawn of War 1 proves shit fucking works.

Space Marines does have space camps where they call in more muhreen.

Or do you just expect them to just drop down en masse in the middle of nowhere?

Capcom wants the casual audience.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH

POINT AND LAUGH AT THE SHILL

That is because you are largely making your own. Even then, they are only okay at it.

What the fuck does this even mean you absolute retard

He's from cuckchan, just ignore his drivel m8.

>make a admittedly fun asymmetric shooty/melee game that was basically the L4D versus mode expanded into a full game

Bullshit, only thing that surpasses vidya war stories are actual book war stories or history.

Atleast DoW2 was a solid game and brought some nice things, DoW3 even managed to make farseer macha look like a transexual boy.

Thats pretty much what they do, yes, the ones that build shit and garrison are the guard and admech/skitarii, marines barely garrison their homeworlds.

Wich game user?

That's for assault.

Marines still need to have bases to plan their operations.

Game is Nosgoth.

Most of the time those are their fleets though, the few that like building fortresses and such are rarely portrayed in vidya (yes, im talking about the imperial fists, raptors, iron hands and other cool, interesting chapters).

I thought nosgoth was shit though (i really like the LoK series), care to tell me more about it?

I see that you were in the resident evil thread.

They fucked it up, but the only thing I give credit is that I liked the idea of you making the composition of your own army with the Elite Unit choices, if they balance it and make better meta choices and maybe more customization, it would have better, really reminds me of your own specialized army in the tabletop games.

DoW1 isn't a bad game but the whole point of the Space Marines is that they are Marines and can operate with little to no support. They usually have good naval support thanks to their own ships, but the modus operandi that is common to every Marine chapter is that they touch down, annihilate motherfuckers, and then leave to annihilate the next group of motherfuckers. Marines do not keep the peace or garrison, that work is beneath them. Thanks to the ridiculous size of the Imperium with enough enemies to match combined with the scarcity of the Marines, there is always more of this work to go around. Now they did indeed make a good effort to reflect this in DoW1 with the Deep Strike mechanic, but if you are going to make a dedicated video game about Space Marines then they need no base other than the transports they flew in on; they are trained specifically to use their ships in orbit as their base of operations.

It would fit better if Marines were a specialized unit instead of a whole faction.

Not necessarily. SM are supposed to have their own goals and ambitions as well, the result of centuries of war against humanity's worst enemies experienced first hand crystallizing into a seperate worldview. It also fits into the tragic themes of 40k because branches of your military aspiring to their own goals seperate to the interest of its governing body is a sign of decline and a lack of unity and hypocrisy is a huge theme in the setting, which is why chapters aren't legally allowed to have holdings but do so anyway because they're the most powerful warriors in the fucking galaxy so literally no one can tell them no except the Emperor himself. Many of them think they are the most fit to lead humanity after the Emperor and it's fairly easy to see why when you look at how much they've sacrificed.

Yeah really weird that people would buy a different game. You would think that they would want to buy the same game fifteen times.

You're right but even in those cases the PDFs and AM still do all the garrisoning and such. The Ultramarines are a good example of that, they've got their own guard army essentially.

Man, remember when Dawn of War just came out? Holla Forums and /tg/'s front pages were virtually identical, and we quoted all the game's lines all the time.
Nostalgia is one hell of a drug, man. I wan't those carefree and silly times back anons.

In this sense DoW 2 at least got something right. I liked the idea behind how the campaign worked but the execution wasn't all that great. RPG elements are fine but when every level feels like a literal dungeon then you fucked up somewhere.

DoW2 works with factions that are supposed to be elite, small units, but its catastrophic for factions such as the IG, orkz, tyranids and chaos undivided.

Doesn't dawn of war predate 4chan?

The only reason COH2 is bearable is because of Spearhead mod which makes it actually feel like COH. I swear half the content of vanilla is locked away behind pay2win commanders.

The absolute fucking state of relic at the moment.

May the person that told GW about it suffer eternally!

Not by a lot, I believe the expansions for DoW were still coming out when 4chan was alive and kicking.

For that abandonment of cynicism you need a game good enough that makes you feel like a kid again.

like what? cover mechanics lifted from a real rts? or are you just so invested in the lore, the story behind a generic space marine chapter? last stand mode? a retarded retreat button that slows the game to an ability cooldown war?

the announcers were generally great, thats it. thats literally all the good in the game.
fuck you, everything you dow2 niggers cry about 3 ruining was already ruined in dow2. fuck you times a million.

im buying 10 copies just for the salt

I've played 3U, FU, 4U and XX and I don't think there is really anything majorly wrong with the game except for the armor skills. You should see some of the massive autists in the general thread.

STHEEL REHEIN!

Literally what happened with EA and all Sim- games.

no thanks

Boreale, please go.

Well there's your problem.
Also why not? Looking at SupCom you can design your game however the fuck you want with the right scope and scale. Sure it sounds unrealistic if you imagine the game like Dawn of War 1, but if you imagine the game like a grand strategy that is just non-stop military combat, then sure?

Jagged Alliance 2 is a fucking treasure.

as much as I like DoW1, I just don't think the RTS gameplay model allows a 40k game to live up to its potential. Including for what you would want to do with imperial fists for example.

I fail to see how SupCom isn't a more suitable model.

Was this cunt as cancerous ingame as she looked from the pre-release media?

I'd spring for a SupCom-styled game set during the great crusade and Horus Heresy.

I still cant tell Dracerns apart from everyone else.

normalfag was used before it was turned into normies by the cancer, cancer.

Not listening to hivemind opinion will never allow you to be part of the community in anonymous hivemind. You should be glad we call them normalfags, so we can concentrate the power of this word on a slur that equalizes normalfag opinion with literal faggotry, to watch our tastes in quality of things to not dim. Nobody asks why accepted form of slang exists, because anyone who asks is considered an outsider. Take your time understanding that. Cause problems with normalfaggotry come with experience, just like problems with women. You would never consider being cruel with something until you knew its corrupted nature. "Normie" is a rather censured term, washed out for those degenerates who are normalfags themselves in fear to utilize the slur in aggressive fashion, which was showing true disregard to normalfag opinions. Its ironic to note its incredibly normalfaggish to censure the word "normalfag", and so it closes the circle of its meaning.

FFXIV was prolly more a case of sunk cost than anything. FFXIV can still finance future installments while keeping the brand name strong.

I know that feel

GW knows about Chapter Master? W-What did they do to it?

Darcsens have no last names.

As far as I can ser, this cycle is one of the things that is killing the industry. I boycott all games that get dumbed down to appeal to retards.

Shut it down

Why do people keep trying to make shitty fangames of such an aggressively anti-fan company?
Just ignore their IP entirely and let them fuck off

I wonder if GW was also behind shutting down that warhammer 40k game in style of Total Annihilation on Spring engine.

More like people deserve to be aggressive towards those companies in answer, and disregard shit like c&d. Its a fucking warhammer after all.

I think i know the real reason for shut down.
Official pictures from warhammer 40k rule books taken without license or permission to distribute them, pirated basically.

The problem is this is more of an excuse than anything. No developer is going to say "We did something completely incompetent and we own that. Nobody will want to give us money to publish this game that we fucked up, and so we have failed the fans. We know there is demand but we are too dum to deliver a satisfactory supply."

PR is basically about blaming the fans for their massive failures anymore. Most recent (non-vidya) example I can think of is the new Star Wars movie.

Nosgoth was great up until around when they released the new characters (summoner and vanguard) and broke the shit out of the balance. The game just got really boring around then and they never fixed it so it died.

:,(

Good riddance.

They won't. Look at WoW every god damned developer tried to make the "WoW killer" for the entire span of it's life and failed miserably.

I always thought that was supposed to be the comissar.

I did mention them on a later post.