40k 4x

PC, Linux

Now that it's clear that a shitty developer like Slitherine will get to do 3 consequtive 40k games, and simply splatter the 40k skins over a mediocre game, can we agree that, the less 40k games, the better ?

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Interex
bfgawiki.com/w/index.php?title=Special:RecentChanges&limit=500
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Didn't a Civ 5 Mod do this better?

They both look like trash.

Can we instead agree that someone other than GW should control the rights to the franchise?

I feel like this sort of game would be more appropriate for Warhammer Fantasy. But on the flipside they might feel it would compete with Total War or some shit.

A little specific but well done. Too much focus on MP for my taste.

MODS

Slitherine made a pretty good Panzer General clone though. The 40k spinoff is also very fun.

But GW depends on licensing to get a profit.

Armageddon felt very bland to me. Extremely bland.

what is that crescent-shaped ship supposed to be doing?

It's not your fault you were born a nigger.

That trailer was shit. Hopefully the game isn't so bad.

Coming from the guy defending a reskinned older game from slitherine that is rich.

I guess every FPS in history is a reskin of Doom as well. You're just solidifying my belief that you are a negro.

While I do agree OP has no argument, he cannot be as nigger as he successfully rendered a webm.

I really would have prefered the good old stacks of units and loading battlefield map sort of combat but whatever. What kind of orbital support gameplay should I be expecting? Cause spess marins arent truly spess marines if you cant drop pod them from orbit straight into enemy formations.

Nah you can try and generalize all you want, but they literally slapped a 40k skin and some stats on their older tank games. They thought it would be ok since tanks autists never complained on lack of content or polish.
Didn't even bother to put proper sound effects into it.
Animations barely exist and boil down to a ray of something appearing out of the gun of the unit without the unit moving at all. Be it a squad of infantry or light vehicle you even get the very same animation for light weapons.
They made the campaign simple as fuck and decisions mean next to nothing.

And still 40k goys bought it for 37 fucking euro.

They didn't even stop there
They released 7 DLCs , 5 most of which are 5 euro.
You wanted to play more? Play as the orks ? No fuck you, here are 2 maps where you can and here is why:

They released a separate game 40k armageddon da orks for another 20 euro.40k armageddon da orks has you running nearly identical missions compared to the standard armageddon, but is a completely separate product at a separate price.

And you have the audacity to defend these jpeg Jews. Whose entire games boils down to moving jpegs and absolutely repetitive sounds regardless of what vehicle you are using along with identical shooting sounds.

KILL YOURSELF

YOU PIECE OF SHIT

Slitherine is a garabage developer.

They're publisher not developer.

You're a nigger.

You don't even have a single argument to defend the game or its price.
You are below a nigger. You are an aboriginal australian mixed with a gypsie.

40k Armageddon and Panzer Corps were both developed by Flashback Games so no shit they use same engine and play identical. The 3D 40k game was developed by somebody else. Slitherine doesn't provide the game engine. That's up to the developer of the game itself. They're still kikes though.

Also the game in OP is developed by Proxy Studios which made Pandora: First Contact.

The complaint about the separate pricing for what basically amount to an expansion pack is valid. You whining like a bitch there's not enough pretty colors for you to look at proves beyond a doubt you are the blackest nigger there is.

No that's just your mental gymnastics finding a way to justify 37 euro price tag for a subpar strategy game.
The problems in this game are everywhere.
One so inferior, it makes you pay 20 dollars extra to play the other 1 faction in the game, while keeping subfactions locked behind DLC.
And this is without even touching on the cannonade of bugs and poor design decisions ranging from poor unit interactions to stopping your movement on enemies shown after the fog of war is cleared. Thus making the start of all later campaign missions painful until you get to see most of your enemy.
Not even going into the mediocre story where some plotlines just lead to nothing like the cultist girl just leaving and the commisar saying 2 words before ignoring you, but then you have:
The abysmal turn limit that makes exploring not useless but absolutely detrimental.
A strategy game where during the campaign you win by rushing everything as fast as possible.
NO SKIRMISH

This game has no strong sides. Abysmally bad for 37 euro.

What I truly want is a 40k city building game

Is she cute?

I wouldn't buy it either way, I'm just curious.

Sounds like the best way to make that happen is a dorf fort mod.

Slitherine is the publisher you faggot, and the developer actually had some good 4x experience

I'm thinking more like Cities: Skylines, except with proper features and not just being a (bad) traffic simulator.

Well minus the billions of population, but I can see the rest working

lol, modding on civ5 is absolute trash

btw, checked dem triple dubs
this game actually seems pretty good, they failed the execution of their previous game,
but even still it was very well designed and balanced game,
and if that footage is worth taking into account, it seems they are doing simultaneous turns again

Looks like a nu-female.

Nigger, the game is built on a clone of Panzer General, and Panzer General is all about being fucking fast. Your goal is not to eliminate the enemy, but to capture your objectives. It's not the game's fault you are too retarded to play it properly.

There are scouting units, fucking use them. That's what they are for.

Oh, it's her. I thought you were talking about a Chaos cultist. Though with that haircut, she might as well be.

Panzer corps, that game that was cloned into this one is at least priced at 20 euro. Not like this overpriced garbage intended for the braindead audience.
Even with scout units that is nuisance, since later in the game they are far from worth it.
There is no variety to being fucking fast. You will never have many options since skirmish just doesn't exist.
And as such this game is worth below 20 euro. Except it's twice that with dlcs and a separate campaign at 20 euro.

This is an overpriced piece of trash.

You're just a cretin that can't into proper army composition and gameplay mechanics.

You're a retard. It's as simple as that. You can't play the game properly and whiny like a bitch about it. Let me repeat myself, your goal is not to fight the enemy, you have to capture and hold victory locations. Learn to use suppression and encirclement to quickly dispatch of enemy units.

I've completed the entire campaign. It's not a matter of playing properly.

This is a subpar strategy, limited in options, poor in gameplay, poor in visuals, poor in sound, poor in story, one that has no fucking skirmish and is overpriced compared to its clone, which is probably better than it.

This is a low quality game at a high price. What is there to talk about?

who gives a shit about warhammer games. with all the cancerous DLC none of this trash is worth buying even if it's good. just pirate them.

Considering you're raging because the game demands you hurry the fuck up instead of bullying every Ork unit in sight I'd say you haven't played it properly and, being a tard, would rather blame the game than your incompetence.

It's not a matter a of competence. I finished the game from start to end. It's not a hard game.
The game just limits you options in what you can do. What is supposed to be a strategy where you should use your head ends up being a mindless rush with the best units available.
Then when you actually want to experiemnt with the game you realize you can't, because the turn limit stays even if you try loading the maps separately.
It cannot justify a 37 euro price.

But that's not the case. You can and do need to use your head, especially in terms or army composition and placement, as well as baiting enemies into ambushes by exploiting their sight radius. Also, different units are good at different things, so it pays off to have a varied, veteran army.

Also, learn to love and embrace artillery because that's how you fuck everyone's day up.

That's a separate matter entirely and I agree with you about the price gouging.

40K fags are delusional. I just hope they're ready for their games to be nice and diverse just like the Games Workshop always wanted :^)

40k is as dead and pozzed as Star Wars, yes, but at least we can enjoy the old games and not look at what they turned it into.

It's a separate matter from the gameplay, but one of a grillion issues that this game has.
Issues that I keep listing and you keep ignoring.
Panzer corps being barebones doesn't mean that this game has to be barebones too. There is a lot that they can do, but they choose not to.
Then they do DLCs , separate games for ork campaign and a put a high price on it.

Yet some arty just outperforms other arty, some tanks just outperform other tanks and some infantry is just all around more useful than other infantry.
And boy if you get a titan, fuck everything else.
And your army composition just falls flat, since you WANT some units to be there, but don't give a shit about other units at all.

Pozzhammer has always been shit.
Anyone who understands science can see it is unrealistic as fuck and they have SJW shit like strong independent women fighting instead of trying to perpetuate their race.

Try Sanctus Reach. Its also space marines and space guards vs orks. And its very fun tabletop-like experience, even has random map generator. But i must warn you, the problem with all video games based on warhammer is that they all are painfully mediocre, but nobody is going to make you an alternative. So you're stuck with what you have.

Some people hate game called deathwatch, for the fact it was a mobile port and has difficulty spike near the end, but you can have fun with it if you love tactical strategy games like xcom and want warhammer game in that style that isn't space hulk (because to be quite honest space hulk resembles more of a puzzle game, than strategy). I did got bored after a while because of repetitive enemies and just because the game based on conflict with tyranids is the only thing that's more boring than conflict with orcs, but it was worth a try. So i do see constant concerns about quality of warhammer games, but they are niche and dawn of war was just a fluke.

So yeah, some people who are really really into wargames might just love Armageddon and there's no point in convincing otherwise as long as they pirated it.

You know, price is not a fair point of judgement. My favorite thing right now is to listen to warhammer audiobooks i pirated all over internet, and i think they are fucking amazing, but they do however cost in range of $40 for 10 hour audio, and $20 for 1 hour audio drama, it does not mean i'l pour shit on them just because the price.

Can you please stop talking out of your ass to fish for (you)s?

The other guy tells me sounds, animation and gameplay limitng you to rush is not an issue either,

What is a fair point of judgement according to you guys ? Bugs caused by patches that crash the game to desktop ? Because this game has those too.
If I cloned one of those 20$ audiobooks and sold it for 40$, that wouldn't be a problem because price varies among audiobooks? Is that what you are saying ?
You realize how dishonest, scummy and downright disgusting that sounds, right ?

Having fun no matter if you bought the game or not. And in the end after playing for hours look back at the time spent with the game as positive experience.

Get out.

I have been wanting this for so long. After DOW 3 I just need a good 40k Strategy game.

You didn't even read that post

I AM STILL MAD ABOUT ETERNAL CRUSADE

It should not have been hard to make a shooter of any kind set in the 40k universe. For God sakes, you don't need to make new weapons, the universe is teeming with more weapons than you have time to make. All you'd have to do is code them in and ensure their visual and physical ability match the style of shooter you're going for. You don't need to worry about setting, as everyone either hates each other's guts or hate each other's guts but will temporarily work together to kill things they hate more. You don't need lore, you have bordering 40 years of lore to work with, and all you need is some thing to tie the races together (hint: it's either the planet, moon, space station itself or the fact you're fighting the enemy). Just make sure it's balanced, fun, and don't FUCKING LIE about what's going to be featured.

It should have just been planetside but with more gold and skulls, but the devs who hadn't a good game under their belt failed in almost every way. The only redeeming fact was that 98% of all Orks played in character, but that sort of thing only lasts for so long.

And that doesn't even include the retards who defended it every step of the way, even long after its subpar effort was well known. Fucking lemmings.

For God sakes, someone please release a good Warhammer game. At least Deathwing tried/is trying

honestly, the frenchies should've copied elements from their own insane bullshit games and used less hordeshoot gameplay and more sprawling slaughter gameplay, especially seeing how dangerous genestealers tended to be even in small numbers. The key is small corridors, not swarms.

Platinum should make a 40k game, starring either an Eldar or a Space Marine or both.

Like, I know the factions are fundamentally different, but I'm just getting tired of compulsory space marines + orks, token space-marine-friendly-humanlikes and 'the evil faction'.

I agree, all games should be about the Imperial Guard. Any other answer is wrong and you're a raging homosexual if you disagree.

Well you have my vote. Space Marines are boring now. Seeing the ordinary man with nothing but basic equipment, comradery and guts fighting against inhuman monsters in by far more interesting than watching super soldiers do it.

massive IG swarms in a third-person imperial guard RTT game as a commissar or some kasrkin faggot controlling anywhere from 5-20 guardsmen at a time as a tiny unit in gigantic, fuckhueg battles would probably be pretty sweet.

It's like they want their game to fail.

>not a game starring a rag tag group of Blood Axe Orks playing something similar to Wonderful 101

Actually Fuck that idea, I'll take an Anarchy Reigns beat 'em up with everything from a Catachan Jungle commando to Flayed One all stuck fighting on a hive world with the target being some dumb artifact. It doesn't matter what's there, as long as the combat is good.

confirmed shit

Id pay for a game featuring a harlequin eldar fucking shit up all over the webway.
Specially if it is a female one with tight pants.
The imperial assassins would be fine too.

Oh great, my PC runs Linux. Does that mean it runs twice?

yeah its like running it on square potency

You can make glorious sniper game in wh40k universe, if anyone even cared to make one.

Why not combine them and make SM the lategame elite units? Also, rate my 40k RTS/T pitch

Different command structure, different tactical doctrines, Space Marine fanboys crying wolf when their units aren't 100 times as strong as a guardsman, IG fanboys crying wolf when Space Marine have plot armor as seen in the novels, the ability to sell either IG or Space Marines seperately, SoB and AdMech fans whining why they were not included in the official Imperium faction.

the downside to the space marines being the face of 40k is that the fanboys simply won't accept them not being front and center. frankly i want to play a game where you play as the imperium and can call in the marines, maybe even various chapters, to deal with certain events that require their expertise, be it a space hulk, boarding actions, or whatever

Basically this. If the IG is a hammer, the SMs are a scalpel. Extremely good at performing operations of limited scale, but unless you get multiple chapters to do your job for you (and even then, you don't order them, you nicely ask them for their aid), there simply are not enough of them to conquer or hold entire planets. Even CSMs chiefly serve as shock forces while the brunt of the work is done by cultists.

Which is exactly why I think it makes much more sense to combine the factions. The IG could handle the majority of the fighting, with SM being a high-cost choice for cracking tough nuts.

Don't the IG and SM work together regularly? Granted, the SM take all the glory.

Aye. Come to think of it the Imperium works kind of the late Roman empire. You had border armies, the limitanei, which weren't all that well equipped or trained and were often province locals trained to defend the borders. And then you had the field armies, the comitatenses, which were pretty much legionnaires and would march up and down the empire to wherever they were needed.
Of course, the IG also go on offensive campaigns. But when shit hits the fan then it's usually the Astartes that come to the rescue and either perform surgical strikes or use their tremendous strength to help hold the line.

Pretty sure Final Liberation had IG and SM in one faction and it worked more or less as you described. It's been ages since I played it though.

They still are two organizations fully independent from one another. Again, an IG commander may humbly ask if the SMs would be willing to take this or that position, but it's well possible that the SM commander will tell him to eat a dick, take his guys and move elsewhere after initially accepting the proposal, or otherwise fuck with him.

I'd argue that SMs in this context are more akin to a chivalric order which may show up if the pope announces a new crusade to the Holy Land. Or not.

Well yeah, the comparison isn't perfect. SM have too much autonomy. It's kind of a detriment but when you have warriors that can wreck undescribable amounts of enemy arse you just go with the flow.

I'm well aware of the in-universe justifications, but when you've got a total of 4 factions in a game, it seems a massive waste to make one just be a different branch of the same major group. While any chapter could tell the IG to sod off, I think it's more in-line with what they're supposed to be than to operate entirely on their own.

I'm glad the Necrons are getting in but 2 human factions seems like a waste. I'd have rather seen them add the Tau.

Yeah I'm with you on that. I'm convinced that GW forces Marines onto developers as part of the licensing deals. I'd much rather see them get swapped out for something like Tau, Eldar or Chaos

What are even the imperial targets for assassination anyway? Corrupt governors or something? Have the assassins ever had to kill space marines or chaos marines and stuff like that? Or even eldar? Because love could bloom on the battlefield.

Why even bother?

Are you blind? Or did you just miss out on the fact that GW got asshurt that they couldn't copywrite "Imperial Guard", so they changed to "Astra Militarum"?

The experience with development of warhammer games goes like this, i am telling you:

Armageddon developers:

Sanctus Reach developers:

Deathwatch developers:

Space Hulk developers:

Gladius developers:

And in the end nobody makes chaos, or eldars, or tau. Its a morale that for their "first game" they need no sane factions with extensive intelligent and to make story of brave space marines fighting stupid shit. Eventually bunch of those "first games" made about basic shit and nothing extensive. Chaos Gate had right idea of choosing chaos as first basic enemy, since the series never continued, just like fucking all of them. Also want to praise Battlefleet Gothic Armada devs for being more hardworking than the rest of those idiots, although i found their space only game a bit boring.

Hey guys, does anybody like the Tau?

no

I'd like Tau. As enemies to purge.

Only the red ones.

so much potential in this IP and it's wasted on stupid shit like half-assed RTS games and clumsy shooters

There is a problem with adding too many factions, and that is lack of focus. And writing a sensible story that will justify having all of them in one place.
40K is a massive universe. Trying to cram everything into one game/movie is doom to failure

Well, one can agree if you see the game having enough games that DON'T feature chaos, at least one developer could thought about featuring it.

Not the first time i see something like this.

Purge all Tau. Especailly the edgy red ones.

Do they go faster?

Ork snipers.

warhammer 40k games arent worth playing. they dont even have computers they just use dismembered autists. you cant play video games on a dismembered autist

I find it hard to believe orks even aim.

Not with that attitude you can't.

sure, but your attitude is gonna get you shot by the pirate hat fellow.

Ask the Celestial Lions. They'll tell you a thing or two

Extra Credits (I know they're faggots) explained Games Workshop's strategy as "people will simply forget shitty WH40K games or even get inspired to look for good ones after playing it"

Oh wait, i know now why you like Tau so much.
Because they are sugoi anime :D

How much money costs a usual warhammer 40k set? Does it even compare to what they are gaining on video game market?
And yes, lowering quality to produce less expectations is usual strategy of modern gaming.

An imperial assasin killed conrad curze.
They pull out all kinds of crazy shit and fail miserably half the time too, hell, they once overthrew the imperial goverment and killed all the lords of terra save for the general captain of the custodes.

Curze allowed himself to be killed.

The imperial guard is more like the byzantine theme system, with the space marines being the tagmata optimatoi of fully equiped, heavily armoured, elite dudes that go help out when shit gets real.

Yes, it is a complete waste of a good faction slot, look at what armageddon game did, you have both SM and IG units in your roster.

Go tell that to the officio asesinorum.

Dude, thats the 40k epitome of the IG vs Orks warfare, those are the 2 factions that absolutely need to be there.

Fucking casual.

GW is actually doing allright in its market value, wich is both good and bad.

I would if I could find their office, and didn't like having a head.

I'm only interested in it if there's Tau. There's criminally low Tau centered games. Bots are cool.

I think you would enjoy gundam more than 40k, mate.
Tau are the gimmicky faction GW made to enter the japanese market and to pander to weebs.

Could you actually give proofs for your accusations of pozzing?

Bots are crap

Are they? I'm only really familiar with 40k from the Dawn of War games.

I like their aesthetic more than Space Marines who look like cheap cosplayers.

But you already have
why would you want anything else?

Yes, thats the entire reason for their existance, they came out of fucking nowhere but people dont hate them because atleast they are somewhat interesting a too small to actually be a threath to the major factions.
Gundam is for you m8, not 40k.

Who would be the autistic space soldiers?

I still say they were shooting without aiming and simply guided the bullets towards whatever they wanted to hit using WAAAAAGH powah.

If it works, it works.

Orkz don't have to aim because their guns spew forth so many high-calliber and/or explosive bullets that some are bound to hit anyway.

And that's before we talk about Snazzguns.

Gas the ethereals, battlesuit melee now.

But we were talking about ork snipers, so unless its an automatic sniper that logic doesn't work here.
Altho, orks might be crazy enough to build full automatic sniper rifles.

O'sha-sama!

ANALYSIS: PUN QUOTA HAS BEEN UNFULFILLED
CONCLUSION: SUMMARY EXECUTION.

This is really underrated post.

Okay, lets do a quick information guide, since i missed OP's idiocity:

Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon

Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach

Warhammer 40,000: Gladius

Oh boy a warhammer 40k 4x!
Oh it's turn based?
Oh it's tile based?
Oh…

Nevermind.

What is this heresy?

What the actual fuck is this shit.

I like how you ignore the real issue with the bad games under their belt as a publisher for the my misunderstanding of them being a dev.

Shit game is bad. You are the heresy here.

What were you expecting?

what was the get?

Lore wise? I don't hate them. Gameplay wise I had a lot of fun with them in DoW.

Fresh faced and naive tau can be fun, like that time they thought they killed slaanesh.

Bad games? Maybe you just have total shit taste. Grew too much on AAA trash and expect everything to be Dawn of War? This is why this industry sucks and never grows up.

We are not super strong, we are not be best soldiers, we are not the best period. But we are human, we are not mutants like the astartes and we will prove to the emperor we need no protection, someday we will stand on our own legs and slash all who dare to stand up to us. WE ARE HUMAN AND THE GALAXY IS OURS

The galaxy is HIS, heretic. OURS is but to die standing in HIS name. THAT'S what we do best.

We die for humanity in his name for he is the embodiment of we could once achieve, if that is heresy then shoot me now.

Shiggy diggy doo corpse worshipers

Says a pussy who needs warp power to stand up to real men.

Gladly.

Also have you ever noticed hoe khorne whorshippers are like radical muslims?

You are not a sanctioned arbited on my world and as far as I know pride for humanity is not a sign of "you know what" lord inquisator.

Anyone who doesn't practice unaligned chaos is in for a bad time. Everyone knows you have to workshop the various warp entities into a belief all your own.

Your world? Your words betray you, apostate.

What about worshipping malal? :^)

Only if the proper rites are enacted and ointments applied.

Why hasn't mars been burn down yet to make way for true science, Novassaria will lead the way.

for their battlesuits and waifus

Non humans are to be ground to dust to make way for humanity.

oh yeah? tell that to your son papa smurf, big e.

The total war warhammer games are pretty damn good with all the patches and DLC of course

HERESY

Cast out the mutant, the traitor, the heretic. For every enemy without there are a hundred within.

And then they say only Star Wars or Star Trek fags know pain.

He IS NOT AN EMPEROR, if eldar want to accepted they need to die and be reborn as humans, maybe then they'll understand the plight of mortal men.

They are a decadent race that went beyond just being decadent, they need to die and face our emperor's judgement, if they are lucky, maybe they could join the superior species.

Ck2 mod maybe.

don't care :3

Don't try to out heresy me heretic.

Subjugate xeno by dick. It's most humane way.

*declares war on entire galaxy, consuming everything in the grimdark of warfare - ultimately weakening everyone over time*
LMAO. Humanity Number 1 eh? Cannae cooperate with Tau, now can we?

You will probably be interested in this horus heresy faction:
warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Interex
Except for the fact they are probably just parody off star trek's federation and heavily ridiculed for that.

Had a little spare time to make this.

Humanity survived worse, as long as a single one draws breath we are legion. your nomnoms will reach terra over my dead shrivelled ape balls.
But really it would be interesting if they did, I would like to see… read about Sol's defences in action. The combined arsenal of Terra and Mars unleashed without restrictions… it gives me a cyberboner…… need to find a toaster.

Mark of Chaos was great no idea why people hated it so much whenever I used to bring it up.

Don't play Vermintide if you've played Left 4 Dead. It's basically a slightly less fun version of that with meaningless level ups.

I think ultimately it had some design flaws and didn't fulfill the RTS nature that people were quite hoping for. I mean it came out while Dawn of War was a thing, so it had that comparison. But in addition, it had only four factions, humans, high elves, chaos and skaven. And each faction only had a handful of troops.
Then in the campaign if your leader wasn't a duelist you couldn't win those duel missions because you weren't allowed to select other heroes, which was a crappy element.
Otherwise it was a pretty great game and I'd like to see more of it. Really you could almost call it the foundation for TotalWaWaHammer, or at least a proof of concept.

Ill give you that the duelist part was shit and that it had flaws but otherwise I liked having to take care of my units to save dosh, also it a very storybased rts, so I honestly cant blame them for only having story important factions.
Altho 2017, still no chaos dorfs that arent mods, dorfs, check, magic, check, greenskins, check, its the perfect faction.

You want cool plot progession? Too bad! Here primaris marine! Fuck you!

I think it really would have benefited from something like a total war map (or like Dark Crusade or Soulstorm) where you had to build up and conquer over time.

Warhammer Online was dope as fuck tho

No, it was garbage with a neutered tug of war mechanic, less than a third of promised content on launch and almost no pve content to speak of. It was also on no-content life support for most of it's run. And contrary to your hopes and dreams you're not a nigger, you, cuckchan reject piece of shit.

What?
Worshippers of literally say "Blood for the Blood God" and "Maim Kill Burn".
They aren't exactly practising Taqiyya.

All the positive aspects of the Dark Gods got forgotten about and now they are just "evil".
Stop trying to derail the thread, if you want to talk about Mudslimes then go to Holla Forums .

It will never not cause me physical pain to see that god-awful hairstyle.
Ynnari were a mistake.

Fuck, recommended in previous thread Titanium Wars mod for Soul Storm is actually fun. Now i need to get myself into liking RTS again.

No women super space marines yet!?!?!1!!/! THE BIGGOTS!!!11!!

Mental gymnastics much ?

Just look up a few of the previous games these guys made and tell me this game isn't a reskin at double the price.

There's another tactical wh40k game currently in development.

Wow it's shit

Eversor. Think about it.

Mark of Chaos almost fallen out of history, if anyone said bad about it now is just because the reviews were bad, and general opinion in its time was mediocre. If you actually played it you would know its bearable rts, fun in some aspects too, with worthy effort put into campaigns.
Now onto your words that it called the foundation of total warhammer, i disagree heavily. I am pretty sure total warhammer exists because of countless mods being noticed by games workshop, like call of warhammer or warsword, and others, that modified total war or similar games. Contract with Sega for Games Workshop was only a matter of time. And Mark of Chaos itself is loosely based on shadow of the hornet rat and dark omen, both of which games had troop based mechanics.

Did you know that mod is probably killed by GM lawyers in favor of this Gladius game to come out later?

Anyone remember chapter master ? Shame that stopped being developed, buggy as all fuck but had potential to not be shit

And thus, the hobby was dragged down one step further.

Breddy gud

Atleast they are trying something new.

Those are all unofficial miniatures, they are not GW, stop being so retarded user.

I know that you dumbass, still doesn't make it in any way shape or form excusable.

So besides the good and popular games (Dawn of War, Space Marine, Battlefleet Gothic), what other 40K games are that would be interesting, or should i know? in these last years, so many games have been released, that I dont know even what games are.

Well, there's a fucking full list of games already in this thread:
Lots of mediocre stuff around, nothing is perfect unless you like the setting. Try out Sanctus Reach i guess, its turn based warfare similar to tabletop game. If anything, Deathwatch, Regicide and Space Hulk Ascension can offer entertaining squad based tactical gameplay.

Whats the diferrence between these games? And what would you consider the best one, or in what order?

Sex appeal will always be a plus even with filthy xenos, specially if played for laughs. Someone post the Eldar rape one.

That's just eldar propaganda. The upstanding guardsmen were clearly helping the filthy xeno with her blasted off chest plate and assisting her to reattach it.

the lost their upperhand aganist the orks, their energy weapons were perfect to prevent that the orks released spores when dying

L4D clone that had major performance issues at launch, but supposedly Streum has been continuously patching it and are launching a major update for it soon. It's okay, go in expecting a horde shooter where you stomp around and kill tons of shit, but don't expect anything more. Psychic powers can be pretty fun.
I will say the game looks great and the environments really capture 40k

Never played but from what I've heard these are "meh", not awful but not good.
Templar Battleforce is actually a pretty good space hulk knock off, complete with not genestealers and the like.

You are mistaking DeathWING for DeathWATCH, the game I talked.

fugg
can't help you there mate, but with 40k games it's best to assume they're bad to okay given how GW throws the license to anything that moves. Good games are a rarity

Shame what happened to DoW III. Nowadays, big game devs are relying too much on data analytics rather than common sense to guide their workflow.

Look at these screenshots. How many years old and Dark Crusade still makes for pretty pictures. I'm still waiting for a worthy game to succeed it.

FINAL LIBERATION!
The closest we will get to a great 40k movie.

Of course, the guardsmand taking his belt of only did that so that she could push her chestplate together with it.

The dawnblade has space powers though.

To me it still looks great, it is a strategy game after all, youre not supposed to get that close.

Wut? those ugly super-low rez textures and low-poly models are ugly by today's standard.

True heroes of the Imperium, they kept the guns firing in the face of death,

I'm obviously talking thematically, moron. You won't find such things in DoW III because that game has no soul.

a thousand times this, Final Liberation is fucking great

Any recommended fleet composition for Battlefleet gothic armada, at least for imperial navy? Even if not for multiplayer, want to know any recomendations.

I'd have some complaints about the list but it's not terrible.

I liked Mark of Chaos too.

That's because Mark of Chaos is a RTT game with very very mild TBS elements, not an RTS. As you said many fags went in wanting an RTS like Dawn of War as you say comparisons with it hurt MoC and got disappointed as a result because people are fucking stupid.

Seeing the net, is hard to find it. There arent even avaliable Tau & Space Marine fllet recomendation in the wiki. Did the game die really fast or what? Even if the multiplayer is "dead", shouldnt the wiki be complete, and the forums/Steam threads be more numerous…

Honestly, te game just died crazy quickly. I don’t even understand why. There was nothing particularly wrong with it other than the dumb multiplayer grind. The gameplay itself was satisfying and novel enough too.

They were fucking bolter shells. The inquisition got pissy

Everyone except GW shills dislike the new plot progression

multiplayer grind and forum balancing
Really wish they would have released campaigns for the other races or at least a gothic sector conquest mode

user, you're a faggot. That game has black female space marines, pic related, the whole shit it spins around is more progressive clone of warhammer.

If 2013, not deathwing, then it is pretty solid space hulk clone, plays more like a puzzle game but with rng and strict board game rules.
Same, but with leveling up, more genestalker types, a lot of various space marines. Try finding fitgirl repack of that, latest version. Probably the best of the three, but less tied to board rules like its predecessors.
Actually, very similar game to space hulk, but in open spaces and against tyranids. Its interestingly good mobile port, i mean they didn't fucked up interface or graphics, it runs well too, first couple of missions are nice, they removed micro-transactions, but kept card system intact. The problem in this game comes from difficulty of later missions ramping up expecting you to have best equipment gained from card deck, with which you build your equipment and gain high tier marines. You are expected to repeat certain missions to gain doth to buy more card packs on ingame currency, and this imbalance is why this game is actually worst out of three suggested. It will take a while to complete solely because of sudden difficulty spike that existed in mobile versions solely to force people to buy microtransaction currency. But always remember you can cheat packs in this game with cheat engine. But if you like deathwatch itself, then you will probably enjoy this game for marine aesthetics and some tactical brainfuck.

They actually won. They held the line.

They will be forever remembered as the emperor's finest. Jesus.

True soldiers of the Imperium.

their armor design is pretty cool though. it's a shame how hokey their lore is.

Jesus, talk about unnecessary. Space marines already have dreadnoughts and terminators for heavy assault roles. Centurions add nothing new to their arsenal except needlessly more complicated logistics.

I was talking about the regular primaris armor. redemptor looks okay

nothing beats 30k aesthetics

The new Primaris organization is also horrible. There are new, specialized gay roles like Reivers and even gayer hover tanks that are clearly too far of a jump away from regular Imperial aesthetics and design. I get that GW wants to sell more models but fucking hell man

still abit bland for my tastes

oh god the stupid fucking hover tanks

This semmed so obvious. Even now would be good to release some DLC of the game, and perhaps revive the game. Cant understand why many developers dont try to continue to make DLC of the game to keep the game alive and get more money. With BFG:A, it looked obvious that a small campaign of Damocles Crusade would be with the Tau expansion; And the game would be more complete with the Tyranids & Necrons (Even if overpowered) factions. But looks like they are too lazy to do a dlc beyond the year after release, regardless of the money they would get (And its not like the game sold little).

A Warhammer 40K 4X would be interesing. Lets hope it becomes at least an ok game. Besides, is tiring to see too much Tactical-based games, because I dont hate them & It goes well for 40K, but is like lately most of the developers with the 40K IP is doing now.
Also, talking about 40K vidya, what are your hopes about Space Marine 2? I hope that it stars another races & factions as enemies instead of the same Orks/Chaos shit.

Centurions arent new though.

I wish for tau or eldar removal.

probably "muh multiplayer" being the main focus for RTS games

I would like a frontmission-like tau game, or a crazy hack n slash featuring harlequin

But thats the point. Even if you release singleplayer DLC, it would mean people playing the game and so, at least most of them playing multiplayer. Instead the developers miss the opportunity, and let the game be forgotten.

the 40k fanbase deserves to be milked like the good boys they are.
retards.

Not front mission-like game, but there is the game "Fire Warrior" where you played a Fire Warrior Tau. Game had nice design levels, but everything else was average-to-mediocre. Still worthy a playthrought if you are a 40K fan.

Bolters were good.

centurions aren't new. they were added a few years ago.

No wonder the BattlefleetGothic Armada wiki is still incomplete. Look at the recent "changes" on the wiki.

bfgawiki.com/w/index.php?title=Special:RecentChanges&limit=500

kek

Spam? Guess the game wasn't that important then.

It was a popular game, but as said before, it died too soon. But then again, that would be the multiplayer part, and at least the wiki should have strategies and more information for the Space Marines & Tau, right? Well, looks like hungarian shitposting, shitty tips about using gmail, and Paypal crap are more serious themes, that are totally related to the game, guys!

I hope in the near future someone completes the wiki, because this is shamefull.