Sega rejected "Jet Set Radio Evolution" by Dinosaur Games

Sega rejected "Jet Set Radio Evolution" by Dinosaur Games

Other urls found in this thread:

hooktube.com/watch?v=GulMrbayu5Q
store.steampowered.com/app/280180/Hover/
jetsetradio.live/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I don't think I'm ready to blame Sega for this one.

The animations are pretty bad and the lighting looks like a Unity game. Maybe SEGA has other plans for Jet Set already.

Speaking of jet set what did that one kickstarter title ever amount to? Hover of Gamers or something?

it's just a proof of concept

Panty technology confirmed.

Because sequels made 10+ years after the original suck.
No exceptions.
Sega not wanting to rape one of their now dead franchises is a good thing.

good it looks bad

Maybe when you approach SEGA with a FUCKING COMBAT SYSTEM for Jet set radio you completely missed the point of the game.

This video is terrible. It has no sense of motion, no sense of movement. It doesn't have the same style or anything. They just took the music and then thought that was what made it stand out.

Why the fuck would you even consider using this as proof of concept when it completely lacks any sort of style or momentum the originals have?

yeah, sega made the right choice. Would rather see qualified or an internal team work on a new JSR.

Yes, how is hover?

Confusing level design, artificially difficult gameplay and a less engaging soundtrack.
It's everything you'd expect it to be.

sega you did good.for once.

We need Jet Set Radio Watchdogs to be honest.

Hover is fun when you're at endgame with everything maxed out. I doubt anyone would give hours of their time grinding chips trading them to hope having better shit then scramble all over the fucking map for another exchange machine

I've never had the chance to really play JSR, but shouldn't a "combat system" entirely be the player trying to avoid the police (Not get engaged with them) since your just a break-dancing graffiti artist on wheels who's "Fighting the man" through "sick beats" and "striking art"?

That doesn't really come as a ringing endorsement.
hooktube.com/watch?v=GulMrbayu5Q

I don't blame Sega for shooting them down. Maybe they have plans that don't involve making it XBone exclusive so people can actually fucking play it.

JSR had "combat" in the form of tagging rival gang members, it was just shit
It was like all the later tony hawk games and I think the skate games that had to include "skate checks" as a contrived realistic way of allowing the player to engage in direct conflict
An actual "combat system" geared towards maintaining and using momentum with your ridiculous physics defying skates would work fine, and wouldn't be out of character for the series

jet set is practically a dead brand at this point, user, and if sega's unwilling to let other people do shit with it, I wouldn't count on anything

Someone should just try to get Air Gear licensed out, that's probably a lot easier to get

inb4 he tries to figure out a way to say it's a bad game because you can't use all the extra abilities at once or some gay shit

I guess Sega is in the right because this presentation looks terrible. You showed the models but you didn't really show how it would play except for that one rail grind. 3 models and 1 small environment level doesn't fill me with confidence that you have much of an idea of how to take Jet Set Radio to the next evolution.

I would love another Jet Set Radio but this one didn't feel like it went all out. They knew that Sega wouldn't pick it up and just did it half-assed as fans than designers.

Hover only has two good songs, though.
(Admittedly, those songs are fucking good.)

Yeah. Hover certainly is lesser due to its rpg mechanics. In JSRF you could go super fast and do all this crazy shit but it required some good rhythm and map knowledge. In Hover, replace rhythm with good build. Its simultaneously more skill intensive while also not being skill intensive at the exact same time. And it makes those races where your going as fast as possible feel much less engaging. Its not to say Hover is terrible, its just that something was definitely lost in the translation.

I just want a Future PC port

That's gay

Those are indeed trash.
It adds up.

Good, it looks gay.

/thread

Outrage faggots can go to >>>/tumblr/

What's the other song? I can never have enough Hideki Naganuma.

Where in the video does anyone mention a combat system?

I would love to play Jet Set Yakuza: 0 Future

Your wheels recede during combat except for skate based special moves

Way to miss the point of JSR. It's no wonder they were rejected.

First bost best benis

What was Sonic Mania a sequel to?

The classic sonic series

That's fucking stupid. Do you know what a sequel is?

Uh huh

It's not specifically a game with a number greater than the last one like you seem to think

Probably made the right choice, which is more than I can say for Yu Suzuki outsourcing his shit to India.

I'm well aware of that faggot but if its only connected in that way it doesn't make it a sequel. A continuation of a franchise, even a specific part of one is not a fucking sequel

Mania shortly follows after 3&K, stars the same characters, and even retains some plot threads. How is it not a sequel?

Yu Suzuki spent over a million dollars of Sega's funds so he could fuck around traveling abroad to hire "perfect actors" for one of the shittiest English dubs in a videogame I've ever heard.

He also worked on Space Harrier, Outrun, After Burner II, Hang-On, Virtua Fighter, Virtua Racing, Daytona USA and Sega Rally. He can goof around i'd say.

sounds like he's best being constrained a bit.

jet set is boring as fuck anyway, who cares

Maybe he is a Kojima case huh?

I don't know what you mean, but I think Sega would have been better off at the time giving opportunities to other talents they had internally, and tried holding onto Yukio Futatsugi and getting Team Andromeda to reform and grow.

Lay off those books.

He should've been constrained, it'd could've saved Sega from being devoured by Sammy if they managed their funds better at the time.

shenmue really is just one slip up in a game of 50 slip ups that ended sega's market dominance. I just think there were opportunities to land softer and to keep some key figures. Futatsugi was 23 when he directed his first project at Sega and he led a team which pioneered technology on the saturn. Had they kept him around and grew that team, I think there could have been at least 2 or 3 more excellent projects. Instead he left Sega at 26 with an iconic series with 3 10/10 games under his belt and since then, hasn't been involved in many projects in the industry. I think he had vision but not a lot of people would have given him the chance to shine.

Which is why devs loved Sega at the time, they were pretty fucking lax to work with, now devs just walk out, leave and don't bother sticking around anymore, or Nintendo grabs up extra employees.

Well, they had money to toss around. Working for Sega in their hey day was like working for the greatest people in the industry. If you wanted to make an insanely fast 16-bit game with hundreds of sprites on screen running at 60fps in the 1980s, you'd have to go to Sega. They were a generation ahead of everyone else and Daytona USA was like the icon for that. The game was built on hardware by Lockheed Martin for goodness sake. It can't be understated how many boundaries Sega pushed at the time.

Sega rejected my Sonic game too but Nintendo loved it tho

It's sad that many people will completely ignore this and will shit on Yu Suzuki's legacy if Shenmue 3 is a flop. Most anons will just want to paint him as the new Inafune if the game doesn't meet their expectations or doesn't play like Yakuza 0 or whatever.

Hover Revolt of Gamers?

Had a name change when they realized Revolt of Gamers sounded like Gamergate.

store.steampowered.com/app/280180/Hover/

He was talking about Sega, not Yu Suzuki. Company management is much more important than snowflakes.

And I wasn't. Drink battery acid.

Feel free to kill yourself celebrity tard.

You go first.

We're speaking in the context of that user calling another jet set game a sequel
Fuck off you goddamn retard

Remember Free Jack?

0/10 not even an attempt was made

They don't. Unless it is Total War, Yakuza or Sonic in the West, and Phantasy Star Online in Japan, SEGA is pretty much dead. Frankly, I would be OK if they, at least there are plans to bing Jet Set Radio Future to Xbox One via Backwards Compatibility

Man, that running animation is horrible. It's like the characters are dancing.

Shenmue's big budget was NOTHING next to the billions lost due to Hayao Nakayama's retarded decisions (the Saturn's rushed US launch, the 32X existing at all). Besides, much of that buget comes from the many years wasted on the Saturn, an extremely complicated machine with terrible development tools.

This guy pretty much destroyed everything SOA made out of pure spite for the gaijin.

Sega was smart in this instance

>(((properly educated))) individual is a critical thinking

By definition of the creator it's the state/nation having the ultimate say in approving and disapproving of population's activities with zero tolerance policies towards enemies, like say, communists.

Especially when barely make ends meet, but at least you can see that your tax money is in good hands.

Who needs JSR. We've already got us a perpetual motion SEGA game.

I changed my mind.

Kill yourself.

DELET THIS OR B DELETD

Tutorial slut looks like one of the idorus.

nice comb over, really subtle, hardly noticeable.
:^)

Yes :^)

Dubs demand something that I post something special
jetsetradio.live

Fuck I don't know how to hotlink
jetsetradio.live/

Consider if you will for a moment
Jet set radio crossed with hotline miami

lame

omg it's just like dark souls and skyrim xDDDDDD
SO EPIC BRO!!! OMG!!!!

OMFG the animations are rigid as fuck!