We might actually see CRPGs and Point and Click finally work on consoles

Other urls found in this thread:

nintendo.com/switch/features/
archive.is/K7bal
hooktube.com/watch?v=ZiMGIZ7_GoM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Why did nintendo go with something like 3d touch instead of an active stylus or something?

I meant that 3d rumble thing. My bad.

poorfag can't afford a switch lol

Because touch controls are new for Nintendo? The DS had plenty of point and click adventures.

yeah but does it feel good to control? I've always hated playing strategy games and the like on console because of how bad the controls are.

That better be a joke

It was $469 at launch in Australia, and is now $399 thanks to competition from the newly opened branch of Amazing down under. Capitalism, ho!

There are Switch games that have optional touch controls and they're quite good, (only one requires it to my knowledge, that Voez game which is, incidentally, best value on Switch because Nintendo made them make all content available at once at a reasonable RRP instead of microtransactions per song) although the lack of an actual stylus built-in is annoying. Surely it wouldn't have been that hard to stick one in the back.
Apparently the motion controls for aiming and using a cursor work quite well too, though I haven't got a game to test them with myself. The built-in gyros are based on Wii Remote Plus tech.

it is

This is getting derailed by console war faggots, but wtf is that price?! and I already played it on PC, but I want to see how it performs in the Switch out of curiosity.

im sorry, but vidya renaissance was aleady over before you were even born

the genre died for a reason user

bump

$399 is still a ripoff for a poorly made handheld. stop sucking cucktendos cock.

That's like 40 American dollars tho

Nintendo Switch doesn't have a touch screen

Which I've never heard of, is it a webstore, which whoop de fucking doo I'd probably need to pay $50 in shipping

Sure user.
When Amazon announced they were selling the Switch for $399 (locally mind, so you're paying local shipping, not international shipping) other stores, including brick and mortar stores like JB Hifi, dropped their prices too to stay competitive. And the ones that didn't, like EB Games, will price match anyway.

How can I play muh lewd rubbing games now!

Also just say $400. Don't parrot that marketing bullshit of reducing the biggest number by 1.

You said Amazing down under which made it unclear, and then there was the whole thing where as far as I heard Amazon is a bust here and most things are the same or most expensive

I got no clue

There weren't many wRPGs though and for good reason.

Tablet games and games with DLC have been out for ages user.

It's not a handheld, is a bastard.

Actually it does
nintendo.com/switch/features/
archive.is/K7bal

Oh and if you want a video demonstration, here it is.
hooktube.com/watch?v=ZiMGIZ7_GoM

I'm pretty sure what was keeping crpgs and point and click games off consoles was that the genres are dead. There have been systems with both touchscreens and buttons before. Hell there were a good number of point and click games on consoles back when people actually bought the games.

nintendrones will defend this

Beats the hell out of 400x240.

I have a $300 smartphone with a higher resolution, higher quality screen, a longer lasting battery, and a much more powerful CPU than the Nintendo Switch. There's no excuse. They should have stopped being faggots and stopped scraping gimmicks out of their asses, god knows how much more money those cheap piece of shit wi-fi controllers cost.

Nintendrones are currently defending this

Oh great, more genres that will be dumbed down and consolized.

And the Switch is worse than it is while costing more money than it did.

Hey retard, you realize you can get phones for zero money down on a contract, right?
It's not very hard to pay $60 monthly for year or two.

Everytime

No I mean $300 no contract, not $1200 on a contract.

Good goy.

Found your problem.

I like this. Thanks.

That's just a joke. WL2's title screen makes fun of paid DLC.

>>>/suicide/

Why would we ever want to?

POST YFW U DIDN'T FALL FOR THE SWITCH MEME

I noped out after seeing the fuckers bending themselves from overheating. Quality trash right there, Nintendo.

Imagine needing to always have the anti scratch plastic shit on your system just to hook it up.

Not all of us were so lucky.

TBH if he wanted to big himself up he should have done Oil Ocean act 2 since that's where the 12 game overs were from.

Gordon bennett, the shitty anti scratch plastic is a better fate, pretty sure in the case it shorts out that'd ignite so there's something to hope about.

i got a screen protector and a third party dock anyway

That third party dock actually looks much better, both practically and visually.

So do the third party controller docks. Nintendo has really lost their touch when it comes to plastic shit.

Hi Mark

Looks perfect if you follow those console tan things since that too is a doggo

Also somewhat related, because I only just now noticed it:

I believe they lost it recently.
Also they're not the twin gods of D-pad comfort

I had over 50 lives, I did the blue sphere stuff later over a bunch of re runs through the game.

Mine sure doesn't get hot, I'll say that.

Mark should just ban redditors who shit up threads with consoul wars & le peeh ceeh mustard bait.

mark should just commit suicide tbh

at lest Mark isn't Pewter

Yeah I've been a SNES pad guy forever. However I picked up a Saturn recently and that Saturn 2 pad is just amazing. I wish 8bitdo or someone made a bluetooth version of it. I could even use it on the switch then.

go back and stay there

I love laughing at his misfortune.

why are you posting your cuchchan "e-celebrity" here?

Cody please

The state of his fucking hairline. He's supposed to be a teenager?

ftfy

How much of a cuck do you have to be to live in one of these countries and defend them, holy shit.

Why the fuck would I want it on a propietary nintenshit console rather than a mobile phone I can jailbreak or root and mod the game

nigga that's a tablet

Because mobile games don't have good controller support.

You can buy a bluetooth remote for your phone complete with phone case.

LMAOing at you're life.

If you think a touch screen is just as good as a remote control then sure.

If CRTs are so good then why dont any mobile devices have them?

Implying you can't fit a gamepad onto a tablet or smartphone.

Were the goalposts heavy when you moved them?

You can't honestly be this retarded.

Switch has capacitive touch screen (compared to their previously used cheaper resistive touch screens) that requires a capacitive stylus to work with it. Capacitive stylus I think are more pricey than regular ones, and the Switch would possibly need some way to store it, if one was included.

There's also apparently some rumor out that that Nintendo wanted to simplify the Switch reveal/marketing message for normies (unlike the Wii U Gamepad clusterfuck) so they downplayed the use of touch screen function for handheld mode and just focused on the "play your consoles game experiences anywhere at home or on the go" message. It could be part of the reason why there hasn't been any touchscreen only games so far.

"Innovation?" Something new than conventional spinning off-centred weight rumble? Can function slightly like a speaker? Space saving?

I have a $800 smartphone

Depends on the tech. Simple capacitive stylus with a metal mesh nib are pretty cheap. You can prolly snatch one off of amazon and use it with your switch right now since all it does is mimic the electric potential difference that occurs when you touch the screen with your fingers. Active styluses with pressure sensitivity, edge detection and tech to help with accuracy would cost up to around a hundred if the tech isn't already integrated into touch screen which it likely isn't. This isn't including rd for it either.

Nintendo probably won't include either since the screen is big enough to draw with your fingers.

3D rumble and sound are incorporated into the joy cons. If devs don't make use of them then Nintendo can just remove them from future iterations I think.

There is one, and only one, that I know of, and it's VOEZ, that rhythm game that's on mobiles which was ported to the Switch.

Hyperkin cashing in on the craze

You think the slight angle would make it less cramped than the stock grip?

I actually do this and use it to emulate but all the ps1 and under games I want to play I already have. I wish my tablet was powerful enough to emulate Game Cube games but I can't justify spending that much money for a dedicated emulator.

Is all true. You want proof? Check my trips

Well fuck, now I have no proof.

Not being retarded has never been more rewarding

This is bait right? Like seriously this is bait right?
You can't actually be this dumb.

Except everything in that post is objectively true.

There are chinese dedicated gaming tablets you can get for a few hundred that have decent graphics chips. I'm not sure if they'd be good for GCN games since Dolphin runs best with AMD cards andthe tablets i've seen use mobile nvidia cards. Either the choice boils down to official nintendo chinese crap or cheaper offbrand chinese crap that can emulators off the bat

So lets be clear, are we talking exclusives or games that are on the system

Exclusives. You can now literally stream the majority of Ps4 games now and the xbone's only current exclusive any more that hasn't been ported over is Sunset Overdrive.
Hide the pain user.

Nice damage control

I can emulate N64 games with a Kindle fire which you can buy for $30 from amazon. It's crazy how the jump from emulating N64 to to GC is so much. I just want to play TYD on a phone. I would seriously but it again if it were ported on The Switch.

Getting real sick of this anti Nintendo circle jerk shit. yes the switch has actual issues, but this shit feels like it's console war faggots trying to slime their way into ruining the board. Like whenever someone brings up Nintendo shit, you usually have this small cliques of people going on about fucking Mark and the usual console war memes rather than justing the console based on it's own merits.

It's been less than a year, all consoles are fucking shit until the second holiday season. The fact that switch has a decent launch is why people are praising it.

Seriously where were you faggots back when the PS4 had this shit? Sony fucked us and Nintendo is going to fuck us, but holy shit have some consistency.

its a crpg, what fucking controller do you need?

Paid online is shit and can never be excused but the faggots circle jerking about how much they hate the fact that Mark bans their shitty console attempts are a million times worse.

I'm not excusing it, but I AM pointing out the lack of consistency.

Console wars are fucking cancer either way.

Holy shit. You really are this retarded. There is no way you're baiting.

I…I wish you good health user..Someone will make you happy…I really hope so at least..

JRPGs are shit on 6 inch touch screens because it's a pain in the ass controlling your character.

I have a job but I can't see why normalfags spend literally thousands on smart phones. You can get a decent Smartphone for under $50 and pay as little as $15 a month for a decent basic bitch plan.

The mods and vols are pro nintendo you autist. My posts got deleted complaining about the ridiculous price in leafland and cuntland.

Who's fault is that faggot? Maybe live somewhere where communism doesn't force items to be doubled in price.

You are literally a fucking poor virgin loser normalfag if you don't have the latest iPhone.

The mods are fucking irrelevant, in fact good on them for removing your shit.

A fool and his money are soon parted.

a much better deal
Still use my old button mini-phone to make the (rare) calls and receive confirmation codes, though.

When I believe in you, user! you get an attractive girlfriend you're going to be horrified at how much they spend on clothes, shoes, and accessories. They don't see that iPhone as nearly as expensive as you do.

They could do something like lenovo and apple where the pen is bluetooth that sends signals to the console where it touches, though that would equire some impressive pen tech with the pen having the ability to see the screen to base its touch location.

The lack of the (proper) D-pad on the left Joy-Con (and replaced with standard 4 button diamond with direction arrows) is just so it matches the number of button inputs of the right Joy-Con for local multiplayer.
If you want a standard Nintendo D-pad for Switch, you have to buy the Switch Pro Controller which until recently had complaints of D-Pad issues that from the sounds of it were only fixed (and actually proven fixed) with the newly released Xenoblade Chronicles 2 themed Pro Controller.

Good find. After looking it up, I'm surprised to see it was actually available at the Mar 3rd Switch launch.

Akin to that old light pen tech possibly?
I'm still surprised Nintendo hasn't released a stylus with a rumble in it after getting the patent for it.

Why the fuck would I want to play CRPGs on a fucking handheld?