Squad Thread

Howdy Holla Forums

Does anyone here play Squad? It's a multiplayer tactical FPS a la Project Reality (made by the same devs actually). I got it off the steam sale for way more than I really should have paid, but it's a really fun game. If your team/squad sucks, then it can be boring, but once you either play with friends or random a group of good people, the game is great.

Other urls found in this thread:

track5.mixtape.moe/szwlns.mp3
joinsquad.com/readArticle?articleId=244
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Play Project Reality, it's better and free.

Or play neither, cause the community and fags that play it are cancer.

While Project Reality definitely has more features as of right now (flying vehicles, 20 more people per server, and ofc it's free), it's hitched off the back of the Battlefield 2 engine, meaning that the devs have basically added all they can to the game due to hardcoded engine limits (AFAIK). However, Squad is being developed on Unreal, so the devs can add whatever they want, and the game will grow far into the future while PR will remain stagnant. I guess for right now it might be worth sticking to PR if you want. Also, not to be a meme or anything, but Squad's graphics are definitely superior to PRs.

Nagging the oversensitive autistic admins is probably worth the download. Screenshot related.

Why not buy it when it matches PR content and isn't a buggy mess that runs like crap?

meme

I don't see the problem. The admin was just enforcing a rule that is and has been present in like 95% of forums since forever. Honestly, whoever thought they could use nigger on a normalfag website and not get punished for it deserved the ban for being such a retard.

inb4 brainlets sperg out and accuse me of being /trannypol/ just because I have common sense

Was some guy who said 'nigger' in voip in a joking manner.

banning someone for saying anything is insane. What the fuck happened to letting your customers do what they want. The game company isn't my fucking mommy.

If you had any interest in played PR with Holla Forums you would know.
Sometimes, mostly waiting on some updates. PR still has better content and players who usually at least try to work with each others and communicate but fuck most of the servers. If I wasn't such a lazy sack of shit I'd edit that faggot sperging out on voip about hunting down every last one of my hashes.

Does the game have more then five vehicles and maps bigger then postage stamps yet? Helicopters, planes, varying ordnance on them? Is the performance still dogshit garbage? Any mortars, arty, rockets? I'm going to assume not. Get back to me when it can even hold a candle to PR.

What is that in the profile picture?
Jesus, I knew HOG admins were on a different plane of existence but I didn't think they were literal high-fantasy goblins.

I wouldn't be surprised if the profile picture was unironically his girlfriend or something like that.

right now it sucks
theres barely any maps, which are also tiny, and only a dozen of vehicles or so
just play PR until squad is at least in beta

True.
Some are, some aren't. Could use more of the bigger ones, and more maps in general.

just some beta soyboys getting offended over nothing.

Looking at the way they type, speak, and do everything, they are probably the lowest of the low of facebook-centric trash that holds those opinions to try and acquire orbiting females which don't exist, and generally will have terrible lives as disgusting pseudo-nigger people. Take solace in the fact that these faggots wrest power in online communities of faggots like themselves because they can't gain importance anywhere else.

The guy is actually a nigger. The huwhite admins aren't much different though.

Rather see the thread die with 5 shill accusayions

Ain't drama, drama would imply that it isn't the norm.
That's just where you can see admin faggotry which matters since HOG is the only populated burger server, or at night eurotime.

Thanks Devs.

Wew lad, didn't know they now want to practice as a future feminist army.

I'm waiting for Version 10 to NEVER EVER before I play. The classes I played the most in PR were Grenadier and Support Gunner, and without adjustable sights and bipods they're both worthless at the moment.

Literally the worst admin. Tried to squad bug on 69th's server and got perma'd like a bitch. Good thing he's not as active as before. Fucking airforce cuck.

That is actually a thing, SSG has a "clean language" rule, only maturespeak allowed. One of our guys got warned for a random fuck in the middle of a sentence and then banned.

Well I got him to completely lose his shit once. Hearing him call me WhyDoDisToMeOniichan only made it better.

Haven't played in 6 months because of that game where people didn't even fire back for most it and reasonable directions were met with inaction, arguing, and contempt. The game is entirely reliant on broad coordination and because most servers don't curate themselves by banning abject retards like PR servers.not sure if PR still does that haven't played in years You can't even count on people to respond to calls of being flanked or often to even fire back. It's not even new players or people unfamiliar with tactics and movement; new players who are willing to learn and do something useful but need guidance are great. There is a sort of active incompetence among many regular players that's hostile to coordination and a good squad can basically win a game by itself.

I was always too nervous to play with you guys
Did you all move to the Discord? What happened to the general?

It died, though we made a steamgroup that's kind of dead but people tend to play different games together. Payday, terraria, squad, sometimes still PS2. You just sort of have to ask, I guess, for anything to happen.

Really no reason to.
You talking about ps2 wwew or the PR subsection? The generals were always on lifesupport, really no point in making them, nothing good ever comes out of that. Everyone remotely interested in the game joined the discord, we barely touch PR anymore but some of us have played squad a bunch of times recently, and PR is gonna happen again eventually, fresh blood would be nice. But server fuckery is a pain. We've got people banned on SSG, HOG, and DPRC You're not forgotten Teenbro, embrace the chinese botnet

You know he may have meant PR generals rather than PS2, that point is unclear.

I meant the PR general.
From what I saw from the guy who posted webms, you all seemed like the bro-type. Not totally a bad thing, but I'm too autistic to fit in with extroverts. Sad to hear it died, though.

TWO YEARS

And get this fucking flag off me.

Do I have to post a photo of my pissbottle?
Nah, just people who got used to playing shit with each others. I spent months playing PS2 without using my mic a single time because I was in a similar situation as you.

And still no zeroing. Soon

Lack of autism, that's what Squad suffers from.

Join a clan and kick pubbies from your squad that want to argue orders.

Wew, forgot to add that I repeatedly told him the enemy was there as he was passing the compound like the retard he was.

NACHO!

Nah. Most of us when I was playing were pretty relaxed about it. You'll be fine. Shit, I got away without a mic and only battlebarded for like a good half year.

He's not the one to blame for once.

Now that a couple of wwew dudes are here I need that webm I saw posted months ago of Haley going ballistic over mumble spam of an anime show or something.

Have the full thing but I m pretty sure I've got footage of my desktop and shit because I spammed for over an hour. I'll see what I can do.

Was that with the bug in PR for when you're banned yet still able to join their comms? If so here. I think I recorded a little bit when I was doing it but not that much.

It never ceases to amaze me. It's ok to simulate murders in a video game, but not ok to say nigger. Hypocrisy!

Hating shitty anime is not as bad as the devs being feminist dump the drumpf cuckolds.

I DELETED MY OBS FOLDER
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
WHAT HAVE I DONE
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
I'll try to find the mixtape.moe link.

Hey there pequod. Long time no see.

I love it.

Join a server (HOG or PRTA), doesn't matter if you're banned, just let the ban message pop up anyway.
Create a local match, co-op or otherwise
Say =HOG= INF squad is squad number 5 and they're on BLUFOR, switch to blufor in your server and join/create squad 5
You can know listen in and talk in blufor's squad 5 on HOG

They will still mute you though.

I'm still around. Just busy with other shit.

The most essential thing you forgot is that you can talk in command chat. I can't remember if you need to be SL or not but I'm 90% sure you don't need to. It's how I got the attention of the badmins. I don't think they've patched that bug yet which is the best part about it.

Yeah but each squad lead is gonna have to do it manually through mumble and admins turn into IT pajeets explaining to retards how to do it.
Being the commander works too.

Come play vidya with us again when you have more time fam

What do Holla Forums?

Friendly reminder that you can't make your own PR server unless you suck the devs' dick (remaining devs are mostly faggots after driving away the laid back ones too).

Yeah, that's the biggest problem I have is that you have a lot of retards who never played PR who don't know what the fuck they're doing.

DESIRE TO BULLY INTENSIFIES
Seriously, was it this bad a decade ago? I used to be all about the realism units and clans and IIRC you could say big boy words because you're playing a game where you shoot people.

FOUND IT
track5.mixtape.moe/szwlns.mp3 1:06:30 ImDruid shows up.
Audio input volume was at 5-10% on record, loads of downtime but was worth it.

Why is [wwew] so based?

This is a PR thread now.

i am willing to learn
how do i play with you and your kind?

Depends, are you willing to open your ass for your chinese overlords?

It always was a PR thread satan.

why don't you threaten him that you'll kick him out of your shitty discord for not playing more than one week too like you did with the PR gamenight

What the fuck are you on about, I don't think anyone was ever kicked off the discord in a year, other than during the great aquarius shitfest. Gamenight was a shitfest from what I gathered, barely was able to play during that time.

One guy from your discord was inviting people to discord and then immediately other fag from your discord was like "if you don't play regularly with us you'll get kicked", that put off a lot of people. It was a shitshow because your people said they'd make squads and stuff. In reality it was mostly /radcorp/ fags with squads at least during euro evening-very early morning. Over all very bad experiences for many.

I bet you also though that MANDATORY TRAINING DRILLS shitposts were serious

I don't think PR was a good pick for a gamenight, but that's more due to the userbase rather than the game itself. You should have seen the whining in the /k/ vidya thread. Faggotry of the highest order.

Im not sure what yer trying to pull here but that aint exactly how it went
we had a grand total of ONE fag joining the discord who didnt even participate in the gamenight, there was a grand total of ONE /radcorp/ fag that was playing to my knowledge
I personally was SLing for TWELVE FUCKING HOURS in a row, and we had at least 2 squads on both teams each at the same time running
the only bitching that we ever heard during the event was retards that literally couldnt follow basic instructions and were kicked from squads because they didnt identify themselves as a result

th-thanks

To be honest PRfags didn't do themselves any favours at all by making the most asinine and retarded arguments imaginable and wonder why the fuck they got crucified for it.
You'd really expect that shit to fly on /k/ of all places?

That wasn't the argument. If recall correctly, there were at least a couple of guys on /k/ getting mad at the fact that they were lambasted for stealing logis and hopping in helicopters like they were playing Battlefield. The only legit complaint I remember was that the engine only renders people so far, but I have yet to encounter that issue. There was one guy complaining that it wasn't l33t hyper-realism and I responded by saying that it's not meant to be a l33t hyper-sim & no one is going to enforce shit like military jargon 24/7 because simply it's not fun.

Well thankfully I did lurk in that thread and I remember it very clearly how arguments went
If you are trying to rewrite history you're doing a bad job of it. In fact a lot of the stuff is still in that thread and anyone can see that the PRfags were blatantly being retarded when shown real arguments. That alone is the real reason I doubt any anons will ever play PR again. You fags have your heads wedged so far frimly up your ass and you are so full of shit nobody will ever give you a chance again.

Truer words have never been spoken.

Here's some highlights from /k/fags
Care to revamp your argument?

never happened, unless you think that stating the games fucking name is describing it as a realistic shooter
after that a mighty strawman >>/k/514131
is erected and rode on for the rest of the thread
I rest my case

fugg
>>>/k/509221, >>>/k/509674, and >>>/k/514131 respectively

I don't understand, are you trying to counter his argument or support it?

That's because simulated murder isn't a direct attack on you or someone else; it's just part of the game. I dislike rules banning language and wouldn't report someone in game for it, but a lot of people get assblasted over it, so I'm not surprised that moderators take the initiative.

You knowledge is 100% wrong, I know because I was one of the /radcorp/ fags and there were at least 5 around at all times. I wouldn't say the PR gamenight was a failure but poor coordination with making squads on both teams on the Saturday turned newer players off. The Friday on the other hand was amazing fun and probably some of the best PR I've ever played.

well fuck me then

I had fun playing that night. PR is pretty gud but its can be a bit draining. I should hop on more.

Should have kept driving user. Never stop and reverse in such moments. You even have a friendly apc near, shoulda ran to that.

HAHAHAHAHA

The Friday truly was great because we found a server where the admins weren't cucks. In hindsight we should have just gone back on that server when it was empty and populated it just with anons instead of going on a nofun server. I don't think PR anons intentionally ended up all on one team that day it was just that the nofun servers enforced rules on team swapping and so on so it ended up that way and then the anons who weren't around on Friday and couldn't get in a good squad were stuck wandering around in the clunky mess that PR sometimes is.
The first two screenshots were the good server and that great IDF map (Gaza I think?) where anons on Friday really clicked. The third one is a more typical cucked server.

I don't know what was going on with the (((Discord))) stuff but I think anons got confused by what was shitposting and what wasn't, the impression people I spoke to had was that it was a 'you must play weekly or be banned' situation and I guess that was a joke but people were expecting a group of anons playing an autism game to be that sort of no-fun fag so they took it seriously.

Please be careful anons, someone has been trying to turn Holla Forums threads against each other recently. TF2v, Xonotic, Squad, Mechwarrior and /radcorp/ threads specifically along with trying to restart the console wars stuff. It seems to have started a week or so after the NeoFAG implosion.

Honestly if you can get a squad of 5-6 people that actually listens and a squad leader that knows what the fuck he’s doing, you can the end match in 5 minutes by bum rushing “tactically”.

Too bad most people out there don’t listen, the ones that do are being led by shitty SLs.

cucked admin on the same server*

i actually unironically like squad and think it's going to end up being pretty good once they add aircraft, but this is my main problem with the fundamentals of the game: it's decided in the first five minutes, maybe less, and the rest of the match is just window dressing. if one team has a competent squad rushing the right spot and building the right structures in the right places, they will win, full stop. it never really feels fair one way or the other

this is my number 1 gripe with squad, its a rushfest instead of the deliberate crawl through mud and machinegun fire thats pee arr

I see your point, but the part where he said "ur probably hitler and wanna kill all da black peepl" pushed it over the edge. The dude obviously busted a nut over his opportunity to have a power trip and ban someone for a "righteous" reason.

To be fair, 400m is a fucking retarded distance to engage with iron sights in real life. You are nearing the edge of an M16's effective range at that point. That said I haven't played this game yet, only PR, so I have no idea how difficult it is in game – obviously it can't be that amazingly difficult if 3 of you were having success.

ABSOLUTELY MELANTED.

real life engagements aren't always about killing but suppressing. when fire is coming in on your position it's not going to mean a goddamn thing where it's coming from, you're going to want to keep your head down

Imagine being so mentally weak that you get this upset over a derogatory word represented by three color LEDs arranged in a grid.

That's true, shooting is certainly better than not shooting if you're determined to hold the hill anyway.

functionally in terms of the game, being hit from even long range is enough to discourage you from taking your previous path to whatever objective or point you were after, which is entirely the point. if your enemy wants something you don't want them to have it, especially since your average squad leader hasn't thought far enough ahead to think "if i can't get to point A, we'll go to point B" and instead they all drop and are effectively out of the fight

Apparently the next update is going to start the long stretch of shitting on the "rush meta" in that. Could be good.

Game has around 10-15 different vehicles, some maps that I believe are larger in area than PR, no aircraft as of yet (Except for mods that add helicopters).
Performance is solid now, I generally get around 100-120 FPS constant with a 1080 at max settings. Mortars are in the game, not sure when they're adding larger artillery though.
Nice uninformed and condescending post to blindly attack something you don't like though. I give you a 7/10 for getting me to reply.

To be entirely honest, that's one I aspect I don't particularly mind.

inf nerd

Airchavs are always absolute niggers. Choppas is gud enough.

So you essentially have confirmed everything I said? Each map in PR has ten different vehicles, if not more. No aircraft. Not everyone has a 1080. No artillery other than mortars. And according to some other guy above there's only one or two maps comparable with PR. And then you accuse me of baiting? Blow it out your ass my dude.

There really is no point in arguing over the fact that the game is lacking content. It does. I know people who run the game on a 750ti. Not well, but enough for it to not be complete garbage.
They recently added workshop integration and more modded map support so there definitely are steps in the right direction. Fallujah soon too.

You mean you don't like being vaporized with no warning other than the roar of an approaching jet engine? How shocking.

It's shit cowadoody garbage

If you admit it's a incomplete alpha why are so many of you fags trying to pretend it's better than PR

Thats a nice ad hominem but the thread has been about pr being better, where prs gone and going, some guys talking about shitty squadmates, a few complaints about bugs, and a dude thats hopeful about squads future but acknowledges its lack of assets. The first post even says pr is better. So far you're the only one building strawmen about squad being superior.

You don't know what an ad hominem is
That's not what a strawman fallacy is either
Don't spew buzzwords you don't understand the meaning of
Regardless

youre not that guy on pr called squadisshit are you?

You're seeing things laddie.

As far as I know the only PR devs left are artists. Never had any faith in Squad since Ive had prior interactions with their (former?) lead programmer. The current team doesnt seem to understand the basic mechanics of PR.

mfw I paid 29,99 for that garbage

Cuck him by sucking your own dick.

Dont know why Im posting all this, must be sleep deprivation but here we go

Never run with weapons in deployed mode, use undeployed (or even knife with MG) when moving. Stop and then switch to a new weapon (as in deploy your AR) and deviation goes down much faster. Set up before you peek, edge slowly forward while aiming down sights and deviation will stay down. Also DO hipfire in CQC. Keep track of your ammo at all times (hold Q while not aiming down sights and it will show in the bottom right corner).

Never take alternative LAT. Unless youre playing Russia. Then always take alternative. Most factions except Russia get shit rockets for their RPG-7s. For example, MEC alternative LAT does LESS damage than a LAW, and we all know the only thing the LAW is good for is shooting infantry. A few factions dont have alternative LATs, just different sights for your assault rifle.

Unless the area is completely safe, always drop a patch before reviving so you can both run to cover. It also helps with glitchy bodies (works better than using your hands to push). Also never heal in the open.

VERSION 10 PUBLIC TESTING GET IN HERE
joinsquad.com/readArticle?articleId=244

Played it, now the game feels like a beta instead of an alpha. Really improves the game tenfold now that it doesn't feel like shit.

So pure cancer then? I wonder if Rhino is still involved in this stuff.

is he /our guy/??

Yes plenty of us do
also
FOR FUCKSAKES STOP LETTING THE ENEMY TEAM BACK CAP WHILE WE ARE WINNING