Dragon quest builders to come to Switch

archive.is/CFDOI

cool, its a good game and i hope switch owners enjoy it

yea but when is the new one gonna be out

PC release when?

Has any dragon quest been on PC? Aside from those musous.

Dragon Quest 10.

Switch emulator when?

It will wait until Citra is complete and nintendrones that screech at any faggot who ask for 3DS bios will finally fuck off.

Why the fuck would I buy this when DQB2 is coming to the Switch as well?

You bought a Switch so maybe they figure you have a habit of making bad purchasing decisions?

Cool, but tell me when a PC release comes out and everyone can finally play it.

Dragon Quest Builder 1!? Why not the upcoming sequel?

A few years

I'm sure they'll release a remaster in 4 years so everyone can pay to play it again don't worry goy guy.

Why don't these fucks just bring Dragon Quest XI over already and have NoE do it? SE can push FF in the west all day but has no money for Dragon Quest, ever.

I can't wait for a 30fps 600p Minecraft clone port with downgraded lighting and textures to take up the half the Switch's storage and run for 3 hours before the battery runs out.

Good, its a fucking great game that nobody bought because people thought it was SE chasing the minecraft audience when its nothing like it. Its a charming 'what if?' about a bad end situation for DQ1 and its lovely.

They have more than enough money for one of the top selling franchises in Japan.
It doesn't sell nearly as well in the US, but it still outdoes many other JRPGs, and they always make a good return. There's no explanation for DQ getting shit on with bottom-of-the-barrel localization, outside squeenix doing it on purpose.
The last 20 years of DQ games have been at least good, while Final Fantasy hasn't had an arguably good entry since IX. Yet, FF gets all the TV ads, big promotions, and professional localization, while DQ gets translated years later and has no advertising.

Interesting, it seems like the switch is getting a lot more ports than the Wii U, what's the difference, really?
That you 'only' need to port it to a switch? as opposed to figuring out how to make the two screens work?

1) they already confirmed it was getting localized a long ass time ago
2) NoE can't touch it because they are bringing over the PS4 version as well

Cemu

I liked it enough on Vita, but the controls really killed it for me. I just want to be able to use a mouse, building isn't really suited for a gamepad

People are actually buying the Switch

You're right on all accounts with the exception of that "Minecraft clone" claim. This is an actual game with blocks and building added on the side.

Barbella is mai waifu.

Why was her boyfriend able to craft stuff? Was it because he was an elf and not a human?

is getting localized. We just didn't get DQX because it was a MMO.

Good shit. DQBuilders deserves more love.

(checked)
I can see it now. Unfontrunally this is likely going to lead to endless contrarian hipsterfags who will endlessly cry about how shit the game real was and how "Holla Forums tricked them once again" when the inevitable DQB threads start to rearise. Just like when Dark Souls, Vanquished, Dragon's Dogma ect came to PC and threads started to pop up about those fun games. They never learn to just filter threads they don't like.

really*

I've been doing this imageboard shit for so long that the hyperbolic contrarianism is part of the fun. If we all got along and only ever gushed about how much we loved things, then this place would be a special kind of hell.

Is it action rpg?

They really should've just renamed the switch the port machine instead.

its comfy action JRPG, with basic but pleasant combat. The Quest often relay on collecting materials to build, or infiltrating a dungeon that has unbreakable walls. Buildings unlock new skills, gear and utilities and the size of your town is how you level up. Occasionally the down is attacked and each level ends with a Gigantic boss fight that utilized a gimmick you took the time to prepare during your missions. Its nothing ground breaking but extremely satisfying like a warm blanket.

town*

Am i the only autist who actually was building ROOFS in this game?

Of sorts. There's no leveling whatsoever. Progression is equipment and inventory based.
Building your town up is also important. Different style of buildings do different things. For example: the better your kitchen is the better the meals your NPCs will cook for you. Basic meals just refill your hunger meter but fancier meals actually function as buff potions as well. Likewise the better you crafting rooms are the better free furniture you'll get.
The fact that your town NPCs aren't just retarded jewish cavemen like in Minecraft or even just vendors like in Terraria is a real breath of fresh air. They actually contribute to the town by either crafting things or by defending the place.

That pic would be perfect for /mu/.

how good is the quest and town building in this game? Substantial? Do your towns get sieged by monsters?

yup

I always felt bad about not making roofs but I never got around to it.

only occasionally is roofing orthodox all other options are heresy.

building roofs and multiple floors in my chapter 4 castle somehow broke the AI.

If there is a sequel, I really hope they fix this and the inside camera.
Also, the game needed an option to disable picking up every piece of mud clogging up your quickbar/chest.

Is this loss?

>Tantegel the capital of Alefgard is loss
HOLLY SHIT MEME MAGIC!

I made a roof for my castle. The villagers get no roofs and straw beds. Fuck those guys.

Does everyone else force qts in each chapter to bunk with them?

Of course.

It's architecture is made by a PC tech manufacturer, so port jobs are easy. The Snake Pass guys had the game ported in a week, minus optimization. Yes, making two settings for Docked and Portable adds extra dev time, but so do the PS4 Pro and the Xbox One X. That, and the thing is selling.

It's just a shitty minecraft clone with unbearable dialog that you need to suffer through. Worthless weeb aesthetics too.

Between this and SMTV, this shit is coming along very nicely.

is there another rational option?

And it's still a more finalized game than Minekike, no thanks to Notch.

Played this game for a while at a friend's place, I couldn't get into it at all. Game felt soulless to me.

But user Minecraft is not fun and DQB is first and foremost a comfy action JRPG.

How?

Most Nip console games are garbage
Most of Holla Forums has no taste and certainly not Japanese cocksuckers that fellate anything they put out like Gachashit.
They still put out some really nice gems, but most are indeed average at best and the only thing they have for them is having production values close to AAA and being better than AAA when it comes to gameplay, but beating AAA gameplay is such an easy task a single autist can do it and there are much better games out there even if they don't have the same production values.
What pisses me off the most is the constant brand loyalty that happens here thats really close to what those lemmings do in their own country, especially when a completely new game gets the IP brand name of another one just like their western counterparts like to do.
But hey, its ok because they're Japanese

Fuck, I'd rather play a good SHMUP or read a VN than play a modern console Nip game, most of them are fucking rehashes or completely inferior to past games.
Only genre I can actually give them credit for is fightan.

I don't see how this game is any different from something like Portal Knights.

Are you kidding? The game had so much spirit that I actually cried. God literally is giving you the task of rebuild society after the Monsters (nihilism) destroyed it. That premise is fucking beautiful.

(checked)
Its very manly to cry stoic tears when one beholds something transcendent. Not everything conforms to your hedonistic jewish ethics.

I don't know enough about Portal Knights to know if this is an apt comparison or not. From a quick search it looks like Builders was released a month earlier.

More like soy if you ask me

stay mad sigmund

He can try

you asked for it

FUCK YOU MARK I'LL NEVER FORGET THIS