Nioh thread - Nurikabe wannabe edition

Setting up a proper OP.

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/id/bulletwithbutterflywings/
howfix
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I meant 'stack', didn't notice that typo

Here's more useful tips off the top of my head:

I'll repeat my last reply since I don't think anyone will see it.

There are a few other headbands. Genius Strategist has a white headband with black writing,Bandit armor has a brown headband and Kojuro's armor has a sort of Naruto looking headband. Kaido has a twisted leather rope for a headpiece.
And then there's this one.

Fucking shit anons, what is the best way to kill those fire-wheel face fuckers? I mean, I've completed the sub-mission in the first area where you fight them, but I just couldn't kill one without getting my ass whooped, wondered if there's a better strategy than run like a bitch and tank fire damage when you strike at them.

Play the AI. If you run away they do the wheel rush. If you stay in their face they just spam fire breath and that shit is easy to back away from.

FUCK THE GODDAMN NUES

Nice, okay. I did notice the fire breath move was easy to avoid or at the very least a low-threat attack. I'll remember to stay in their face. Which is to say, all of them

Not true. If you stay in their face they have a (roughly) 50% chance of doing fire breath, and a 50% chance of just rolling at you. Not the charged speed roll, just a normal speed roll with no windup.

Started playing this game earlier today. Already past the first mission, am I missing anything by pirating the game?
Keep in mind I live in SA, so I might be unable to enjoy proper multiplayer.

Multiplayer in this is entirely optional and it's only co-op and some shitty arenas no one plays.
You can clear everything solo just fine

Other than coop multiplayer and dead PVP there's also the player Revenents and clans.

Revenants are AI controlled copies of a player who died in the level. Offline there are a few developer placed revenants, but online you get both those and player ones. Revenants can (especially at lower levels) drop the gear that player was wearing, making it a fairly easy way to gear up in NG.

You can join a clan while offline once you unlock the hidden teahouse, but you can never change clans unless you are online. Clans provide a rather significant permanent buff that grows the longer you are in that clan. I'm not sure if it can grow while offline, since that growth is tied to the clan battles online feature.

Back attacks stun them. Bait the fire breath, dash behind them and make them fall over.

What the other anons said, along with if the wheelmonk ends up charging for a spin attack make sure you aim it so it hits a wall, it'll cause it to fall automatically.

It basically has 3 attacks (4 if you count it's explosion when knocked down). The chargeup spin and the firebreath are easily dealt with. The uncharged spin which is basically equivalent to it walking at you is not.

some "advanced" sword tips
Now for setting up big damage on human bosses
This combo does a fifth of Muneshige's health on Way of the Nioh with Way of the Wise gear and it alone justifies mastering Backwave and Tempest.

I prefer to Serpent Strike>Foot Sweep>Weapon Switch>Iai strike>Final Blow. Trying to pull off some bullshit parries on a boss is just stupid.

Of course I don't even to that anymore, I should put together a video of fighting some Abyss bosses with my LW build.

please this isn't shitter tips

Here we go, Abyss floor 102 Muneshige.

Thats not a strategy. That is just spamming the attack button.

You forgot that revenants are great in NG+ as well, because of divines and occasional ethereal.

Also Co-op is great way to get a shitload of honor and umbracite, just throwing that out there.

You don't get ethereals in NG+

The strategy is "get good gear" and "buff up"

whenever you get them I assume you can get them from revenants

Nigga, what?
Its get shit gear and buff down.
That's real strat.

Thats not strategy, thats shitter talk of a monkey.

You want to make the game harder for yourself go ahead, but when someone comes around for advice or thinking their build is hot shit this is the answer.

Man Sanada Yukimura is cancer in Unyielding Hellfire in wotd and I'm sure wotw as well. I can't find someone to summon and I can't stop getting slapped when he goes wind mode.

Nioh is a gear based game, you can't fucking pretend it's not. It's closer to Diablo than Dark Souls.

Figure I'll post the Nobunuga kill on the floor before (101). It's much sloppier, so you can see how this build handles getting knocked out of LW and shit.

Mastering enemy movesets will get you further than just number chasing like a braindead retard.
Considering people won't be doing anywhere close to that amount of damage for the majority of their gameplay, its fucking stupid to base your playstyle around it.

it was a joke faggoy

This same build works at pretty much all levels. You don't get ethereals and shit early, but you don't need them because enemies have less defense. Prior to your first Yasikani it might be a little bit of a struggle, but at that point in the game you can just sloth your way to victory.

why am I not surprised?

74k damage final blow, and that's not even maxed out in terms of attack buffs. I wonder how much that would have done with a weakness talisman

Which spear is that? Oni Sakon's?

I just realized that was an Odachi.

I haven't played this game in like two weeks. Guess it's time to get back into it. I beat yukionna last time, how far into the game am I?

Odachi, not spear. Forget the name of the thing I have it refashioned to but the base item is just the seven misfortunes set

Well whatever it is it hits like a train

Middle of region 3 of 9, x5+postgame

I see you're here to ruin the thread. We had a good run I suppose.

gid gud scrub

Are you using the whole Seven Misfortunes set?

4 piece, with 3 piece tatenashi and 5 piece izanagi.

The worst part about the wanyudos is that they don't even give a shit if they're confused, the very best in threat annulment. They'll do their explosion recovery on schedule and you're going to have to deal with it. Team ninja knew they were the most annoying shits in the game and made it so you couldn't ever trivialize them.

They're easy once you get them down. Stay at a moderately close distance (not right up next to them or they'll just keep rolling at you) and wait until they do the fire breath or their retarded yell. If it's fire breath circle to the left of them as soon as they start breathing, then hit their opposite face. If it's the scream you have to very quick. They'll get knocked over and you can wail them with whatever you want until they get back up, then you repeat.

beat the entire main game without the sloth talisman, and in fact the only Onmyo I used were Leeching and Rejuvination talismans

that being said I need help with these fucking 2+ boss missions that unlock postgame (please respond):

Why is Throwing Damage not working to inherit? Is it because of the x2 special effect already on the gloves?
Should I maybe remove unlimited ninjutso, inherit that and roll for something else in that slot?

can't inherit competing traits, so probably

why are your colors so fucked my dude.

how exactly is it not exclusively for shitters?

Its fucking impossible to get fucking susanoo range weapons

How is the pc port? is it shit?

What level of the abyss are you on?

When is it worth doing the abyss? I'm in the middle of the second DLC.

It's alright.

This isn't dark souls you mong, Nioh is not a competition, so take your underage shitflinging elsewhere.

650ish? I stopped playing awhile ago because I lost my buddy

Then you should know sloth really isnt that op at that point then

which is exactly why it's horrible to use it as a crutch like a retard and get used to it.

Nioh is literally a Japanese dark souls

Its not a crutch anymore than any other item is.

what other items prevents you from learning how to dodge properly, exploit attack windows correctly, let you dodge in between hits you should be blocking, and overall makes you worse at the game.

It does teach you how to play though, its a good item to use in the same way living weapon teaches you how to play

Past way of the strong sloth does next to nothing on a good amount of bosses anyway

It teaches you how to play if the enemy is moving at half fucking speed, then when bosses basically become immune to it all the sudden you get a massive spike in difficulty because you chose to play in the most shitter way possible.
If the invincible suzaku build was still in the game you'd be a scrub for using it too.

I bet you also get angry that people get mushrooms in the first level of mario

Abyss doesn't unlock completely until you've finished Way of the Nioh.

what else can you expect from a shitter when he is on blast

Guys I for one only play on easy mode, and this means I have just as much skill as anyone else. It's not a competition!

Im not on blast, im just pointing out sloth is just just another spell that helps kill shit
Use it or dont but getting mad someone is using it for easy shit when it looses most its strength later on is fucking stupid

Like shit are you gonna get shitty I stealth basically every abyss floor instead of killing everything in my way or not even removing the debuffs

Nobody is getting mad except you because people are rightfully calling Sloth what it is.

A spell worth using

not past way of the strong :^)

Yes it is, it just doesn't last long on most shit
I use lots of buffs and debuffs

I-is this the power of a sloth shitter?

It literally doesn't work
Have you even playing the game?

Works on some shit though 🤔

How good is bonus after purification (nullify damage) ? Sounds like something that would last for half a second.

I am new to the game and only just got to the 4th area, I mainly use an Odachi and I have not used any Ninjutsu or Onmyo skills until now, any buffs or abilities in there that I should skill for, I havent used any of my Onmyo/Ninjutsu Skill points yet

There are a few passives in both trees worth looking at if you don't plan on using any ninjutsu or magic yet. Like being able to carry more ammo for your ranged weapons or increased resistances. Respeccing is pretty easy in this game so don't worry about screwing up anything and just try out what works best for you.

Generally if you can afford it you should buy all the passives from all of the trees. Of course if you are only in the fourth area you wont be able to get everything but still keep that in mind as you gain more levels.

Can you only get umbracite as a reward from doing coop? I sometimes notice getting it as a random drop from monsters but I wanna know if there's a better way to farm for them.

Other than coop completion rewards and random drops during coop, you can also get it for doing Twilight Missions, certain first-time story/side missions, and in the Abyss. I'm not sure if it drops regularly in the abyss or if it's similar to droplets of decay which are guaranteed from a new boss but super rare otherwise.

So far I've seen
It's not that rare, it's just that you can't completely go nuts with using it.

I've seen it drop while I was the host during coop on wotw and I think as well as when I was solo.

Ah, guess I can go help out some randoms and do some more twilight then. Nice numbers btw.

I don't know how to do that is it just swap stance to act as a ki pulse?
I have the ability I think, I just don't use it.

Yes, switching your stances as the fight calls for it, a lot of people tend to just stick to one stance instead of capitalizing on all of them.

I generally use mid/low depending on what I'm facing as I dislike high stance unless I need some range.

Low is great for dodging, mid is good for when you can get some hits in and high is good on slow enemies that you can slap around. Plus it also depends on the weapon you are using. Sometimes one stance has a vastly superior moveset over the other two. IE the kusarigama high stance.

Solid game.
Takes no risks.
Gear system makes it impure compared to the games it is copying.
6/10

Most of the time one stance is just superior.

For instance, I use an Odachi. I pretty much just stick in Mid stance all the time. Once in a while I'll use High stance to break a horn, but otherwise it's pretty much suicide. The attacks do more damage, but they are FAR too slow, and they are pretty hard to hit with because they have no horizontal.

Low stance has slightly better dodging, Specifically, you can use multiple quick dodges, wheras the second dodge in mid stance gives you a roll instead, the ki cost difference is negligable. The thing is you shouldn't be using more than one dodge at a time anyway. Either you dodge the attack the first time or you get hit, end of story. So I find no reason to ever use low stance.

Honestly Kusarigama is one of the few weapons I would say all stances are useful.

Strong attack: Ranged poke, no combo potential. Niche use only
Quick attack: Spin the weight. Best damage, but slow windup/wind down

Strong attack: Short range slash, slightly quicker than high stance quick with better damage per hit, but the range makes it almost useless
Quick attack: Long range sweeps. Best attack for dealing with multiple enemies or trying to keep them at a distance.

Strong attack: Similar damage to high stance quick combos, but with a faster startup time. Good for breaking horns (as high quick). Best combo for applying elemental status, a single combo will do it almost every time.
Low quick: Almost continuous attack. With parry disabled on your weapon this can fully lockdown (non boss) humanoid enemies so that they can't fight back just by spamming it. Starts quick enough to prevent small enemies from getting a first attack. Best spam attack vs weak enemies.

Odachi high stance is very useful for its break abilities and slow enemies. Two quick to Twin Moons wrecks some shit. I do use mid for bread and butter though.
On a side note, I'm getting fucking tired of getting ethereals in all armor slots but fuckall on weapons.

Ethereal armor/weapons don't matter. You want to craft those and defile them anyway. What's important are ethereal accessories. Finding one with good stats is impossible and basically the only thing worth grinding for.

As for Odachi, break is hardly an issue. It has such a high break ability you can just spam mid stance quick attacks and break through most guards. Follow up with that one skill attack (forget the name, it's the one that pushes the enemy to the ground if they run out of ki) and you can crush through any guard in 2 combos. If you have the time to use high stance+twin moons you are basically just showing off vs an enemy who can't fight back anyway.

i believe it's called bull charge.

Charging bull, close enough I guess

From what I understand defiling is only worth it around the 30th level of the abyss and I'm pretty far away from that.
If there's a way to make the forged divines pop at +15 or more, sure.
I do use that, but I find it lost a good deal of effectiveness in WotW.

So before I start trying to farm for the Tatenashi smithing text, how much stamina and/or strength would I need to get a full heavy armor set to give agility B? I'm definitely gonna reforge for some weight reduction stats but I'd like to know if some user figured out the minimum stamina/strength required for it.

Your waifu is shit.

It's somewhere around 50-60. You can fudge a little bit if you replace one piece of it with a piece of light armor.

With 28 stamina I can wear 4/5 Tatenashi (no chest piece) and get B agility.
The stats to wear it is 8str 8stam if crafted IIRC.

Kek, I only have 10 stamina. Gonna need to respec once I get that smithing text then.

How are you a girl? I thought the nioh protag had a dick?

Magic of You earn the female forms via glory.

Pay the Man.

Can you change armors when you change appearance or is it one set outfit?

I believe it depends on the starting item level. You should be able to ethereal

Set outfit.

gay.

I get that there are various discounts that you get for same item, same name, soul match discount skill and so on…but I do not understand this massive change. Even the maxed out 30% discount from the old geezer on top of all of the rest of the discounts don't account for the massive difference in price here.
Is there a "congrats you've reached WotN" discount of 95%?

Soul match costs go up depending on how far from the items startting level and how many times the level has increased. I dont think costs go up if an item stays the same level after matching, like when inheriting or adding pluses.

There is an ethereal modifier that will reset that increase

Basically you are supposed to replace equipment after a few levels with soul matching only extending the life slightly. Once you get to end game though you aren't supposed to have to replace anymore so they give you the reset mod. Now it's about perfecting

It is disappointing. Kosen's tengu geta don't work correctly when you're transformed into him either.

Gotcha, that makes sense.

lame and gay

I thought it did? I could have sworn some anons tested it.

I have 114% immunity to elemental damage, and accordingly take 0 damage from all elemental sources. Tested this against Umi-bozu's water beam, which knocks me down but does 0 damage to me.
I get tagged by a red enemy with that wind debuff and it's instantly applied to me without even any buildup.

Just now got attacked by a non-red onyudo, the fire-type, and he inflicted me with scorch after a single hit. The scorch also did fire-damage ticks to me, albeit very slow damage (34 per tick vs. my 5054hp).
I double-checked my current elemental resistance just to be sure, and it's still up above 110% where it belongs.
It's puzzling. Maybe the abyss runs on different rules or something?

I hate when games do shit like that.

Isn't there a different armor bonus that makes you resistant to elemental buildup?

So I just reached WotN and it's pretty much just a 1hit KO festival. Does it get better ?

I'm immune to elemental buildup, that's the thing. I can be hit by elemental attacks all day long and nothing - but some attacks seemingly bypass buildup and resistance and inflict the ailment directly even though their damage component is still negated.

Not really, no. The game is pretty much "don't get hit" from now on.

Why is the performance in this game so shit. I can still play pretty much every other game at 60fps but as soon as there is fire on-screen I instantly go down 10fps.

The fact that no matter what type of armor you wear at this point makes a different is kind of a lame design decision imo. Enemy health too, just a sponge at this point. Think I'm just gonna get the "You are Nioh" achievement and call it a day then.

I guess this is why I've always subconsciously prioritized fire sconces as targets in every fight.

Finally got that Tatenashi smithing text after 2 hours of doing Return of the Gourd. Ended up spending somewhere around 3-4 million gold in reforging to get the weight reduction bonus on all pieces too. Now I can finally get revenge on all those revenants that kept stunlocking me.

Get a couple of charms with reduce firearms damage and elemental damage received on them, inherit or forge reduced firearms damage onto every piece of gear and forge elemental damage received onto your chest, and you can ignore all projectiles and elemental attacks in the game (barring a few weird cases in the abyss).
The defense you're feeling will carry you through WotW as long as you keep your gear at the maximum level and keep their +levels relatively high.
In WotN your defense will mean nothing. Your tears will be your only shield from the horrors beyond.

Gonna have to get some more gold again before I do anymore reforging but I'll definitely keep this in mind.

If you do that "The Disappearing Ranjatai" mission, you might get something called "Ranjatai Fragment" in your inventory. Not sure if it's a one-time completion bonus per difficulty, or a low-chance drop from the objective.
It's worth 10 million amrita, or can be sold to Tome for 10 million gold. I highly recommend selling it, as in WotD you can get 10 million amrity from just killing a single little skeleton.

do i go tonfa or kusarigama

yes i do love pain

Tonfa's optimum damage output is extremely low compared to every other weapon.
Kusarigama is on par with everything else.

If you love pain, go tonfa. It's the only weapon in the game that appears to be intentionally gimped.

I think Tonfas are a PVP weapon. They aren't strong, but they are fast and hard to read and can easily lockdown and murder a single non-boss human target.

Do both.

perfect

Are they that hard to beat? All you gotta due is avoid the lightning, and hit them on the ribcage where they are weak. Don't forget to put anti-electric charms in the accessory slot.

Imagine a Yukimura/Musamune boss fight

That's floor 999 of the abyss

Tonfas are very good absolutely need the right skills to work, if you're not basically constantly attacking with barely a dip in ki, you're doing shit damage. Consecutive attack bonuses probably help. I wouldn't use them as primary weapons though, they're helpless against blockfags.

Strange that you'd say that, I love them when I run into blockfags. They'll sit there and guard demon dance until all their ki is gone and then I get to punish it.

Is there any way to reliably get drops you want? I've been chasing down kote with inheritable throwing weapon damage x2 for 2 days now and they just don't drop.

I've been looking for a Ethereal Nukemaru or Halberd for weeks

Since you can't craft ethereal gear, you're pretty much forced to meet the higher stats requirements from dropped gear?
Also that immune to weakening seems pretty useless, don't recall ever getting struck with that. Maybe once or twice without noticing.

Is there a sub-mission with Hideyori? His stuff looks cool but the last samurai is an annoying mission.

It's less than tonfas can't break than if the enemy just dodges, you're hitting air. A good break weapon needs few hits.

You can turn divine into etherial in the abyss by defile it

Generally you dont want to get hit so those weakenings wont ever get applied unless you are getting hit

It's 100 million amrita, not 10. Still pointless amrita. Selling it is affected by bonuses, so usually 14 million gold.

But I thought Nioh was a skill based game and not an equipment based game, so nobody should be complaining about weapon damage being too low because that means you're a shitter.

What benefit is there to using the online play in this game? What differs from only offline.
I'm thinking of getting this game and I don't know if it's worth buying (at a sale) or just going the high seas way.

How do I beat Onmoraki (the big gay bird in the DLC)? I barely do any damage.

Same way you kill everything
living weapon a couple debuffs and a couple buffs

If you cant do that I suggest getting better weapons

Coop is a good source of neat rewards. There's also a clan system, and you can't change clans after your first choice if you're not online. Otherwise it's a single player game.

Don't get hit by the wind effect, it sinks your damage.

That was it. I guess I never realized it lowers your damage. Thanks, user.

With Patronage points spent, what's the highest level gear I can forge? Right now I can craft 287-300, is that maximum or can I go higher?

It's just me or ninjutsu builds are stupidly cheesey? I've beaten most of the bosses with nothing but projectile spam and abusing replacement scroll

It was good fun to roll over all these guys on Samurai, but by God I don't want to imagine this on Demon and onwards.

Multi-enemy arenas are super-clenchers for sure on later difficulties.

i have only just started

and i have fought so far
every single bloody grave i have found

all of them

i now have over a hundred pieces of Warrior of the West

Donate, deconstruct, and sell after you keep the best ones for yourself.

Most of them are the same. I think I must have killed the same guy at least ten times.

Actually, now that I think about it, I don't know for shit what is a good item.

I have one that's 30% everlasting ki that I'm using right now. Unfortunately all the rest of its abilities are critical only.

More likely you are seeing the snowball effect.

I saw someone assert that dojo missions could be unlocked in NG+ cycles if you complete all missions and sub-missions in Sekigahara on the relevant difficulty. He was correct.

please respond

Use Suzaku's talisman it wipes out all of his ki.

Aren't you that user from the last several threads that got called out for trying to ERP and generally be cringy as fuck after some anons added you.

Shoot his horn with an arrow to blast his ki to shit and then eat his asshole.

You don't actually need to do any of those missions to unlock the next difficulty, you only need to finish the DLCs.

I morbidly curious as to how anyone can manage to ERP in Nioh? Which particular series of emotes does one use?

Of course I was. I know what I did to unlock them, I just don't know how much was actually necessary for the farm mission.

BTW if you want to unlock other dojo missions, like the novice/adept ones you need to complete other regions

I second this curiosity, but not morbidly.

What if it involved kodama transformation?

Slightly morbid.

muh completion

it was lie, everyone I added I still have added and they just stopped playing

What's the point of trying to do challenge missions for completion if you are just going to get someone else to do them for you.

That said, while I'm kind of dormant on the game right now if anyone is interested in doing the Abyss post WotN (floors 31 to 999) I'd be interested in cooping through it. While I'm more than capable, doing them solo kind of got boring. Currently I'm up to 105 or something close to that, but I'm willing to start from a lower number and help you catch up.

I just ki'd in my pants.

I'll be honest, with you posting anime traps, I'm not inclined to believe it was a lie.

not FOR

WITH

3 on 1 fight is not a challenge, it's unfair

I was not expecting this game to be so fun. It's like I'm actually a ninja or something.

Did you toggle Online to On at the Shrine?

That's what separates the men from the faggots. If you can't overcome situations unfairly stacked against you, then I've got some bad news for you about life in general.

What is the best way to farm honor?

Co-op.
If you mean solo, then that Bridge mission with all of the revenants. Not Bridge of Bone, the other one.

That shit is great against those annoying hand-cannoneers. The parry window isn't even that hard.
>tfw it's the last day of the year when I'll be able to play Nioh

But can you deflect the cannonballs in Siege of Osaka (Summer)?

With enough RFD you can just stand there and enjoy the gentle pitter-pat of the arrows and cannonballs against your face without taking any damage. Does that count?

I want deflection, not negation.

How do you trigger a change in tempering slots? Reforging doesn't seem to do shit.

Where do I get one?

It is a drop.

I got it on some random mission in way of the wise. I doubt it's tied to any specific mission, sadly.

So it's Wise and up then?

I seem to remember yata mirror dropping in WotD, before I had seen anything else with Etherial mods.

Either way, you can get/reforge Reflect Projectiles on ethereal gloves as well.

can some smart individual explain these red/grey things next to the mission name on the map?
It looks like the main mission first was black then turned red, is there a way to make all sub mission things red also, or am i just too autistic to ignore the fucking color as long as i cleared the missions?

Red means it's a story mission and it's mandatory for progression
Grey means it's a side mission and you can ignore it if you feel like it

right, simple enough

Thanks, now I can finally play as my waifu.
Donating useless equipment also gave me a huge chunk

Are there any other special accessories?

You could have easily figured that out by yourself if you played the game for more than a minute. Fucking retard.

the fuck is wrong with you mongs

i bet you are cute user

Holla Forums is just /cuteboys/ with vidya :^)

I'm at the ending of Way of the Strong; oh boy am I not very good at this game. I've got some cluster fuck kusiragama and Kingo's build. Just trudging along hoping to get past it.

So is Iga Jonin the lightest armor that has a set bonus and isn't ass?

Do the bosses get more difficult each time you fight one?
Multiple times now I've beaten a boss without too much hassle only to be btfo'd when fighting the same boss again

When they're on the same mission I'm fairly sure they're supposed to have the same stats. But the game lets you become extremely strong and progressively buffs bosses as you progress through the game and the NG+ cycles so they stay hard as a result.

Onryoki right?
He's right here>>14009172 The versions of bosses that you fight in later missions get progressively harder. Greater Demon Hunting is a real kick in the head the first time.

Blocking isn't actually stronger in mid stance. The stance has other defensive benefits like being able to recover Ki while blocking and moving, most of the defensive skills, and mainly wide sweeping attacks, but your actual blocking strength is unaffected.
Also while it is true you don't really have to worry about reforging and Soul Matching for a very long time, people should still dabble in it if they want to since the knowledge goes far and it's satisfying while not being difficult, although having a proper equipment setup makes things even easier.

I haven’t played a “souls-like” since Dark Souks. I’m interested in Nioh though. What should I expect and is it more worth a play through than Bloodbourne (which I have also yet to play.)?

There's the garnet prayer beads, where were a special pre-order DLC accessorie from the PS4. You got it from beating the demos. It gave a 50% elemental reduction.

Go and play in traffic.

That brings a question to mind, what was in the PS4 demo? Isle of Demons and Deep in the Shadows? More?

Nioh is legitimately not a souls game in any meaningful way.

Also Memories of Death-Lilies, The Spirit Stone Slumbers, Withered Grass and Youkai, and Invitation from the Warrior of the West and the twilight versions of those missions. Although not all in one demo.

Can't you get garnet prayer beads as a regular drop too?

its onimusha meets ninja gaiden with a bit of extra stuff sprinkled on

It's Team Ninja meets Koei Tecmo with a bit of extra stuff sprinkled on.

No no, my bad. It's Team Ninja with some serious Omega Force influence. Must've rubbed off on them hard after Hyrule Warriors.

That’s much better than a souls game. I feel misled. If I knew this was Ninja Gaiden but more I would have been hype from the start.

Its gear system and mission-based design means it's too different from souls to be just a ripoff, but you are definitely stretching it a lot. It's still similar to souls.

I've never found one but it's possible.

The Alpha had Isle of Demons and The Spirit Stone Slumbers up to Nue, the Beta had Isle of Demons, Deep in the Shadows, Of Withered Grass and Yokai, Twilight versions of those three, Invitation from the Warrior of the West and nerfs to enemies and systems all round. I don't know what the Last Chance had outside of Memories of Death-Lilies and more game nerfs though.

It also had Warrior of the West.

So I've been using Hideyori's dual swords and they're pretty nice and all but I wanna know if there are any other good dual swords worth getting since only his and some other craftable stuff keep dropping for me.

There are. I can't give specifics right at the moment because I can't turn on my PS4 right now but theres one with magic scaling and there's another one that syncs with Yatagarasu. There's also a few dual swords that are a part of sets. Dual hatchets look nice, too bad there is no namahage mask.

The ideal weapon usually is one without any fixed attributes save maybe for a set bonus if you want to use that particular set. It should have 5 non-inheritable attributes on it and ideally have as much attack multiplier, parry and break as possible, although the difference between weapons in the same category is usually a single digit and therefor not really worth fussing over.

There are a FEW unique attributes that might be worth looking at. Single elements are usually out for a few reasons. The main being that the single elements you can roll via reforging are often higher than what you get from a unique weapon. Many builds (especially LW builds) avoid weapon elements entirely as well, although I will say that inflicting element statuses is exactly what Dual Swords are made for. Dual elements are an interesting idea, however they provide much slower buildup than their single-element counterpart as well as the same drawbacks that single elements have. Their only real value is in inflicting Confusion/Discord somewhat more reliably compared to multiple separate sources, but you need to get a LOT of hits in on an enemy who happens to be vulnerable to both of your weapons elements at the same time.

Dual Bloodstained Hatchets are interesting. They have a fixed attribute damage bonus that does not conflict with any other weapon damage bonuses, so theoretically they have the ability to out-damage any other dual swords. On the other hand, their damage bonus ONLY works on the first hit on an enemy, so unless your build is specifically designed to make use of that it probably won't make much difference, and the Odachi (Bloodstained Cleaver) is probably a better choice for that particular purpose.

Bottom line, use weapons from a set you like or use ones that have no fixed slots.

pls add ty

Jesus fucking christ you reek of faggotry. I wouldn't add you if you paid me.

You're a bigger faggot than he is.

That's not what I doing, look at his profile nigger. I completed DDLC, it was terrible.

How the fuck do you have over 200 hours on emily is away? Does it even have cards.

Faggot detected, who would ever want someone as yourself around in any capacity.

this is the worst post I read all day

Just starting Way of the Demon now. Is each difficulty jump that big?

Wise is much worse than Demon but also isn't as much of a gamechanger than Strong>Demon since that's where the red enemies appear and they're still the main concern in wise. From what I hear, way of the nioh is get hit and die mode so it's probably the worst yet.

So these red dudes just have a bunch of buffs? That's the big stand out?

Way of the Wise adds new attacks to a lot of different enemies. For example, one eyed oni will try to sit on you if you go behind, or giant skeletons will use mad spinner.

They have a bunch of buffs but the worst is amrita drain, which tanks the usefulness of living weapon. They're also often in places where you can get ambushed. The good news is, if you can beat them once, they forever revert to a normal enemy.

Also as he said, but aside from a few surprises I wouldn't call the new moves as big a difficulty spike as the red ones. It's an interesting one though.

Is the odachi good?
I've been using it ever since I picked one up and found it did more damage than the spear, I started with a spear and axe

Also how do you kill those evil buddas, they're worse than some Bosses

Every weapon is extremely good. Yes even "that" one. I don't know what evil buddhas you mean but stances, mobility and Ki Pulse are always key to dealing with everything. You can punish very short openings and dodge out of and back into your attacks very quickly regardless of weapon so take advantage of it.

Odachi is easy mode

Odachi is great. It has high per-hit damage, fast attacks and great reach. I find it to be pretty much the ideal weapon for a very simplistic style. Just rely on mid-stance quick attacks for pretty much everything and you are good.

Compared to the Axe, the Odachi is MUCH faster for its heavy-hitting attacks and has a bit more reach as well, making everything that much easier to pull off. Compared to the spear it has similar reach but also more of a sweep to hit enemies not directly in front of you and WAY more damage per hit. Axe leads to a playstyle where you need to look for or create large openings or pre-time your attacks wheras the spear is a much more technical skill attack based weapon. Odachi is just a straightforward approach.

tfw I knew people would judge me for getting DDLC on steam so I got the standalone :^)

I pirated it and I enjoyed the game playing as dual swords faggot(until I got gifted that OP sword and changed my build since swords were my secondary weapon). I just defeated the giant sea monster that attacked my ship earlier. Should I buy the game? The complete edition's price just got 2/3 ed on my region(not a discount).

How? What kind of sorcery is that?

Spirit stones son!

I used a spirit stone.

With a high enough gauge rate (that's what pleiades talisman and the A- on paired raiken is for) a single spirit stone is easily enough to fully recharge living weapon. The catch though is that if it's still in "cooldown mode" the spirit stone will only end the cooldown rather than recharging it. Fortunately, there was still some airborne Amrita from my last hit on the boss+extraction talisman, so cooldown mode ended instantly and I was able to refill quickly.

Thx for the tip

Coop is alright if you set the region to limited and offers interesting rewards. You can also get some rewards from the clan battles, including loads of glory (for turning into other characters). Single player wise you're in for potential hundreds of hours with all the NG+ cycles and constant rewards for replaying levels.

I spent a month or two pretending I was a cheeky cunt named Emily.

You mean the Onyudos? Just get in some hits after you bait them into doing their slap attacks. And if you see them get into a running position just dodge to the side because those charges of theirs will fuck you up.

what?

I finally found out how to get better performance in this game without killing myself, starting the game in win7 compatibility mode (even if you use win7) fucks with the particle effects slightly for some fucking reason even though I dont notice a big difference and now the game almost never drops from 60fps. It took me way too long to figure this out, I hope this helps some toaster out there or maybe this is already common knowledge and I am just a retard.

what does that mean?

Yeah turns out that exact kept crashing my game every now and again, mostly whenever I'd attempt to use living weapon, had to put it in compatibility mode to keep it stable when my PC is leagues above and beyond what should be expected for such a game.
Ah well, shitty ports are nothing new.

Bait them into charging into a wall which will remove all their ki so you can stunlock them.
If you want to be more active get behind them, block the tongue 180 attack and then do some damage before they attack.

Can this get Weight reduction? I think so but I'm not sure

It can, but why would you want to?

You can easily hit B weight with 4 pieces of Tatenashi

Weight reduction only applies on the current piece of gear. Getting it on a Kote is a waste of a slot.

I have 3 pieces with WR and want it on the 4th. The 5th i want to use master swordsman for the setbonus with yasakani.
I use spear and these are my current items.

Weight reduction is a totally wasted stat. At most, you should have it on your chest piece ONLY and even then only if you are wearing 5 pieces of heavy armor. Anything else you can get B weight just from Stamina and use the equipment slots for actually useful features.

Hmm ok, my reasoning was to put less points into stamina.
Different question: is it worth giving up the current set for tatenashi; i will lose about 15% CCD i think.

If you do, make sure to remove Equipment Weight Damage Bonus from your weapons because it won't stack very well with the bonus on Tatenashi (grab familiarity for melee and agility for ranged if you haven't already). Once you do that more than makes up for the CCD though.

I have Agility on the Rifle so i can't get familiarity dmg also (right?). So i think i need to get it on the bow.

Familiarity only increases damage done by the weapon that has the bonus. Agility and Equipment Weight increase all weapon damage. Assuming most of your damage comes from melee weapons, you put Familiarity on Melee, Equipment Weight or Agility on ranged, so that both increase your melee damage.

Two sources of Equipment Weight Damage Bonus (or 2 agility for that matter) don't stack very well, so if you use Tatenashi which comes with EWDB as a set bonus you have to make sure you DON'T have EWDB on any of your weapons, as it's wasted compared to Agility and Familiarity.

Naturally, EWDB, Agility, and Familiarity all conflict on the same item, so you can only have one at a time. Again, put Agility on both your ranged weapons (only the one that's in the active slot contributes, so this way it doesn't matter), Familiarity on both your melee. and EWDB from Tatenashi.

Ok i just did it.
I now need Elem dmg reduction on Tatenashi chest but i'm again running out of gold.

Why familiarity dmg on both melle? I only keep second spear for Red Demon armor 2 piece set bonus (Spearfall dmg)

Is this playable on keyboard + mouse at all?

Because you should be using both your melee weapons in some capacity. Exactly what you use it for is your decision but just leaving it sit is kind of a waste.

Yes completely. You'll need to configure the keys yourself though

I spent 3 mil gold on this chest and still no Elem dmg reduction; it's not conflicting with anything is it?

use umbracite

Neat, might as well pirate it then.

see

Elemental damage reduction is a rare attribute. You really need to Temper instead of Reforge but if you are too stupid to farm umbracite at least use Divine Fragments instead. You are just wasting your money trying with spirit iron

I did use Divines but I ran out. And how do you farm umbracite aside from twilight rewards? And one more thing, should I just reforge once and then try so see what i get for tempering, then reforge again and see if temper attributes reset?

Nevermind, i got it.

Umbracite comes from Twilight Missions, Coop, The Abyss, and occasionally teahouse rewards. Farm Coop as much as possible.

As for how to use it, reforge once and check temper only helps if there are multiple slots that need tempering. Tempering results change when the slot you reforged conflicts with any of the results in the tempering list for another slot, however, it's impossible for a slot to conflict with itself

They also change for every slot whenever you temper any slot, of course.

that goes up to 29.9% iirc

Got it, thanks.

Does High Attack Damage attribute increase a High stance skill's dmg?
If yes, what about a skill that can be slotted in any stance; does it increase it's dmg when it's slotted in High stance?

I looked that one up myself a while back, the answer was no but they didn't sound too sure. Better to stick with Close Combat Damage increase anyway, as they are mutually exclusive

30% of the money go to steam, so buy TecmoKoei's stock instead

Tested: Stance damage (eg low attack damage +) DOES affect skills equipped to that stance, regardless of whether they are stance-specific skills or not. You simply need to be in that stance to gain the damage bonus.

It's still probably better to have close combat damage+. Maybe stance bonus damage might help if you are a ranged build of some form

And is this just for Attributes on gear or does it apply to Clan bonuses for example; there is a clan with 11% High stance dmg for spears.

Clan bonuses work the same. I'm not sure if the Clan bonus "Stance damage for spears" would apply to eg shuriken while a spear is equipped in high stance, but then again I haven't bothered to test if high stance damage applies to shuriken thrown from high stance anyway. That's just a maybe.

What are some good armor sets for sword only? Have been using warrior or the west since the first region I think. Mixing sets shouldn't really be a problem since I have been saving every piece that has a set bonus up to this point. Am looking for a set and sword that I can start soul matching since I haven't done that at all yet either. Recently beat hundred eyes and the first DLC boss but the other missions that opened up where you fight 2 of each boss are pushing my shit in. currently level 110. Also is it worth it to level up guardians or just keep focusing on my character? ALSO What are some good guardian combos? Have been using Kato exclusively.

Old post-game bonus fights for people with nothing left to do but grind and grind and grind before the DLC came out. They're unreasonably hard on purpose.
They get boosted pretty good, yeah. Just wait, though. If you rush to Way of the Demon or Way of the Wise by doing 10 sub-missions to unlock Queen's Eyes in each difficulty, you will start getting about 10 million amrita per kill on trash enemies. At that point you may as well just make it rain all over your guardians.
When I got to WotW I gained about 160 character levels in the first hour. It was pretty ridiculous.

Depends on what you're using as a weapon, your armor set, etc. Genbu's good for that elemental damage negation. Kato+Firehorse is a good combo for spear or odachi for that CCD + Thrust Damage. Just play around with combos and pay attention to the hilighted skill as well as the extra bonus in the box below it for the 2nd guardian.
Get yourself a yasakani magatama if you don't already have one. Without that, mixing sets isn't worth the bother.

Thanks, will try some of this out.

When should I really invest in soul forging, reforging, etc. and keeping one set of gear? I just got to Way of the Demon and now all the gear is shooting up beyond 150 whereas I was using 150 + 5-7.

Whenever. Start now, it's all good.
Don't level up your current gear to the new caps, though, that will be crazy expensive. You should be able to make enough crafting materials and money as you go to grab fresh copies of your set as they drop at near-max levels and +levels and then just reforge/inherit what you need to replace your old shit.
Soul Matching can be stupidly expensive, so really honestly only use it for inheritance, or if you have no other option.

For example, in Way of the Wise, the level max becomes something like 200+50, and then in Way of the Nioh it becomes 250+150 or so. I have a feeling it gets even higher after beating WotN and going into the abyss proper, but I haven't gotten to that bit yet myself.

Those level jumps, though, will cost you billions of gold. Fucking billions. The soul match cost also increases the more you soul match a particular item, so yet another reason to only use it for inheritance and for reverse-matching onto freshly dropped gear.

Reforging, by comparison, is almost free.

Buy more gog lootboxes, faggot.

Nioh cant find my old save file, it just says New Game… What do?

If it's from a pirated version into a legit version or vice versa, I think you gotta open the save file in a hex editor and copy the top two lines from a legit save over the top two lines of the pirate save. I'm not 100% sure about the specifics, but it's something like that, you can probably find the specifics by searching this thread.

Top 3 lines, though there's a chance less might work.

What's up with this area in Maria's boss mission? Seemed like a bunch of high level guys just committing suicide for no reason. Tried summoning their revenants if they had any good loot on them but most were naked save for a shitty weapon. They did give me a ton amrita though, is this some sorta reddit thing?

plebs

There's some kind of shady shit going on lately. I've been seeing naked Level 1 revenants popping up in Way of the Nioh missions.

Only need to change four values on the first line for it to work.
10, 11, 12 and 13.

I used this guide for it when I did it
howfix (.) net/games/transfer-others-saves-nioh-complete-edition/

one of those was probably me, I'm trying a level 1 WOTN run.
It's… interesting but not that much harder than normal tbh

I figured out what happened bros. I was downloading something and my computer ran out of hard drive space while I was playing, so my save file got corrupted/erased . Learn from my mistakes :'(

Cool. I had to figure it out by trial and error so when I found that copying the first 3 lines worked I didn't really bother trying to figure out exactly which parts were necessary. I'm pretty sure the second line is identical in all versions, but I figured it might be version information or something so worth copying

ded

How do I make sure the online is working?
I pirated the game and played it until the Umi-Bozu battle. Now I'm playing the Steam one and still haven't found a single new grave that wasn't put there by the devs or anything online related even though I was able to see my steam name on the stats(or maybe not, it was probably a coincidence since other stuff had my "Name" on it).

I'm sure I've been playing this game wrong. I picked the odachi and use heavy attacks exclusively after baiting enemy attacks like dark souls. This has worked ok but I've hit a wall on the frosty woman where she just starts 1shotting me after I break her ki the first time. Send plz help

Unless you're playing the game in a way in which you absolutely can not progress at all, you're not playing it wrong.

Don't listen to the other guy. You've been ignoring 80% of the mechanics purely because of luck and the game being easy and unbalanced enough to allow you to do so, but there's a world of combat depth to discover and take advantage of which makes the game so much more enjoyable and is the real core and point of Nioh. Start getting to grips with stances, you have three times the options you're using, and they can all be helpful in fights for getting smaller openings and evasion. Even dodges change based on stance, and you can move, sprint, dodge and attack very fast in general so you don't have to rely on a basic bait and strike playstyle which only makes breaking Ki harder. I assume you're not Ki Pulsing either, which is one of the most important and useful mechanics for letting you do more. Keep these in mind and practice them, don't assume just because you happened to beat something once that you're actively better.

does it say you are online on the map screen?

THE FUCK IS GOING ON HERE?

I just beat the wewuz samurai boss, what is a good place to farm amrita? I lost a couple of million a couple of times like a dumbass and now I'm about 30 levels behind.

Farm in coop. There's no risk of losing it and you get a lot of amrita if they succeed.

What's the problem? Of course your dual swords show higher damage, you have more Heart than Skill.

Don't. If you need levels you'll probably get it for killing like 2 enemies on the next mission. Don't bother trying to farm Amrita ever.

Co-op isn't a bad idea though, you can farm Umbracite there.