Super NES Classic Edition

IS IT WORTH IT?
The AmazonBook store near my house is selling Super NES classics, and they're almost sold out. Should I get one? I do love Donkey Kong Country and Zelda.

Other urls found in this thread:

hooktube.com/watch?v=nOObbaqOaUQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Nope

any particular reason why not?

No go download an emulator instead.

If you're getting it as a gift for someone, maybe, since a Raspberry Pi or one of those things doesn't look anywhere near as nice on a shelf. But just for yourself, go emulate the fucking games.

I thought about getting one for my Niece and Nephew. However, if you are not literally a child who is prone to break things then just download roms.

No, he's just trolling you. The SNES Classic is perfect, and you should go buy it right now. In fact, buy three.

Yes

It's worth it if you intend on hacking and then reselling it. Otherwise, suicide is still the better option.

You can hack the thing and add hundreds of additional games in 10 minutes.

Buy them all then sell them on ebay for ~$150 each.

/thread

If you actually wonder why, you need to lurk more.

Get it and resell on eBay for a nice profit.

this is true.
it's also true that for the same price you can get a preconfigured raspi, slam retropie on it, and use the ps3 or 360 controller you already have to play any classic console.
the stock snes classic controllers only work if you can sit on the floor in front of your tv, and if you want a wireless controller for it you have to buy one specially for it, and they're pretty bad.
now if you're looking to get something for a normalfag friend or family member, then yeah, get them the snes classic. zero setup is preferable to easy setup for a gift.

the raspberry pi is just shit though, hipster definition of a project.

Does it have SuperEagle or hq4x post effects? Can you lock the frames, change the sound bitrate and use a steam or xbox 360 controller?
Save states, even?

Cancer.
Don't you think that would take alot of soldering and additional hardware, possibly an arduino? And you would have to obtain roms to use it on anyway so why not just emulate them on the pc you downloaded them with?
If you're joking, that's a pretty good one, user.

hooktube.com/watch?v=nOObbaqOaUQ

And PC emulators can play thousands without having to drop a shekel.

retard talking about things he doesn't understand or really elaborate bait, it wouldn't surprise me if the former considering the stupidest people on this board are emuniggers

No, the only worth while thing about it is that you can get a lot of money from selling it to fucking morons.

Did you even take five seconds to google it? Holy shit.

Either OP is retarded for wanting to get it, or OP thinks we are retarded and will fall for this low effort baiting.

This is the only correct answer.

No. Emulate for free. Unless you're a brainlet and doesn't know what you're doing, or an autist speed running that demands frame perfect hardware, emulation is fine.

Just get some chinese bootleg shit instead.

I bought it for 120 buck on ebay with over 200 games pre-installed including a port of Metal Slug 2.
Suck it, poorfags.