Wine adding DirectX 12 support

Soon there won't be a single reason left to run Windows 10. Reddit, being retarded as usual, switched over early and now they're stuck with a shit OS that doesn't like older games.
Post yfw you never upgraded to Microsoft's newest spyware.

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/directx/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apng
pxc-coding.com/portfolio/donotspy10/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wine_(software)
zdnet.com/article/minix-intels-hidden-in-chip-operating-system/
archive.is/hyF2c
source.winehq.org/git/vkd3d.git/
github.com/zeffy/wufuc
gist.github.com/xvitaly/eafa75ed2cb79b3bd4e9
linuxjourney.com/
exhentai.org/g/1120774/49d424c0f5/
appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=30554
overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php/781091-AMD-Ryzen-Win7-ISO-Guide
support.amd.com/en-us/download/chipset?os=Windows 7 - 64
without-systemd.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page
artixlinux.org/
8ch.net/tech/w7tele.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

There isn't a single reason now dingus.

Vulkan is better

Too bad nobody uses DX12 efficiently.
Then again, nobody uses Linux either. :^)

Shit, meant to post pic related.

Excuse would be a better word. Shills will have no excuses to run Windows 10 when Wine runs all their crappy DX12 exclusives through a Vulkan compatibility layer.

end your fucking life

The Wii had exclusives that sucked dick and that doesn't stop Dolphin from supporting them in the name of complete and accurate-ish Wii emulation, why should a Windows compatibility layer be any different?

don't go wasting that (you) all in one place, y'hear

loonix is for autists.
Windows 7 with selective updates is best.

You know the TOP500, the list of the world's 500 most powerful computers? Guess how many of them run Linux.

The answer: ALL OF THEM

gamers ruined cemu and now they'll ruin wine.

How many of those computers are being used to play video games?
None you fucking retard
Do you even know why Linux is used for Super Computing?

Because it's very reliable, very flexible, and very cheap.

I'm not the one with a literacy issue, kiddo.

Nobody said that. Direct 3D before 12 is generally a shitty mess, but 12 itself is basically Windows Vulkan, but slightly worse (while still being better than OpenGL). The only thing that sucks dicks about Direct X 12 is platform lock-in.

"cheap" doesn't even enter the equation for multi-million dollar pieces of hardware.

You clearly haven't seen the pricing style M$ applies to license for units with many physical CPUs.

Nigger, Linux is used because it's the most open platform for development, and all of its source is readily available to be modified. So companies spend millions of dollars on a super computer so they can then pay programmers to develop systems and programs to run specifically for that machine.
This is also the biggest barrier keeping it from having widespread end user adoption because without a central design standard than it's difficult to market normalfags. The only reason Android Linux is so widespread is because Google is maintaining a central standard that all the target devices need to be able to support.

Does Wine even have good dx11 support yet? Last I knew, it was pretty experimental and not so good.

Windows 7 still has surveillance, you nigger. You might as well go to Windows 3.1 if you want to be free of the alphabets

(((linux))) is literally a meme

(((Stallman)))

>store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/directx/

That's not people falling for 10 then scrambling back, that's people getting auto-updated and rolling back their system.

Linux is "literally" an operating system kernel. Learn English.

Can we all talk about the animated .png instead?

no, sleepy maid is shit.

Oh gee, I'm so jealous I cannot monitor NASA satelites on my home computer now!

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX. Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called “Linux”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project. There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine’s resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called “Linux” distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apng

I don't need to be directly connected to Microshaft's servers for Winblows 7 or 8.1 to function. So I'll take those any day of the week over 10.

Reminder that you cannot disable ads in Windows 10 at all

Lying isn't nice to do.

Post a screenshot of your privacy setting you good goy

pxc-coding.com/portfolio/donotspy10/
Advertising
Apps
Defender
Edge
Privacy
Search
Start
Updates

I'm probably gonna play with linux until I feel satisfied with using it but for now I'm on W10 with this and it's not too bad at face value. Probably don't have full privacy even with that, vpn, and browser extensions though.

If you pay for software for any reason other than to support the devs I don't know what to tell you.

I meant people paid for windows 10 only to be served advertisements.

I hope it's a D3D12-Vulkan wrapper.
3dfx did nothing wrong

holy fuck, you are retarded, why

Did you code it yourself? If not, your compromised. I'm at least aware of who's stealing my information.

Yes because the general public are all retards that don't care enough about technology rights and just want to be served shit. Apple is a better example even.

I didn't buy shit retard

OH MAN
[Insert Distro of] LINUX
TIME TO RECOMPILE THE SHELL
TIME TO RECOMPILE THE KERNEL
TIME TO RECOMPILE THE COMPILER
TIME TO RECOMPILE THE DISPLAY DRIVER
FROM AYYYMD
LETS GO JOGGING WHILE MY PC RECOMPILES
ALRIGHT WE ARE BACK FROM JOGGING LETS RECOMPILE
TIME TO RECOMPILE MY LIFE CHOICES
TIME TO RECOMPILE MY KERNEL AGAIN
UHOH SUDO APT GET UPGRADE BROKE THE DISTRO AGAIN
TIME TO REINSTALL
WOAH KDE CRASHED AGAIN
TIME TO REINSTALL
TIME TO RECOMPILE MY DESKTOP ENVIRONMENT, FOR THE THIRD TIME TODAY
TIME FOR ME TO POST TRASH ON G
TIME TO RECOMPILE MY NOOSE
OOPS DIDNT RECOMPILE KERNEL BEFORE MY JOG
TIME TO GO JOGGING AGAIN
WOAH WATERFOX GOT ANOTHER UPDATE, TIME TO COMPILE IT
TIME TO COMPILE THE NEW DISTRO
OOPS DISTRO COMPILE BROKE
TIME TO RECOMPILE MY DVD DRIVE SOFTWARE
TIME TO BACKUP MY HARD DISK TO 16384 FLOPPIES

You are like a little baby watch this

Could someone rec me a good entry tier distro?
Windows 7 support is dying soon

Goddamn I'm glad I pirated shitdows for my gaming computer

never heard that before.

fuck your pedantry sophist

I want to fuck that smug.

Any Ubuntu flavour.

This is bait, right?

It's more like the only reason Microsoft tried to force people to update to Windows 10 was "you need it for the newest games, goyim!". Now they don't even have that, and that's good for everyone.
It's more about what they lose than what we get.

Whats with the sudden increase in nigger frog posting?

New rule: If you haven't read the selfish gene you are not allowed to talk about memes

Also shout out to windows for outsourcing so hard to India that their entire OS is now ransomware

but yes you are correct

How many times are we going to have this same exact thread?

Linux Mint, it's got the best GUI of any distro I've ever gotten into, plus it's still got APT and everything else that makes Ubuntu easy to use. Ubuntu kind of went out the window for me since Unity became the default GUI, and every other flavor started to feel like someone desperately trying to make the OS X desktop into Windows 7.

The entire OS is not only randomware, it's bloatware, it's adware, it's spyware. The only thing it's missing is getting its development dropped entirely and becoming abandonware after everyone flips the bird and moves onto a better alternative like a proper Linux distro like debian or ubuntu with their better UIs and open source software that's constantly being updated.

Until I work up the fucks to back everything up to portable media and install a distro

I still don't see a source and searching for one doesn't turn up anything. Are you just bullshitting, OP?

I prefer Finngol frogs.

user, that's a /monster/ Shoggoth. She's more likely to fuck the smug out of you, using every appendage she has at her disposal, and every hole you have at yours.

Also does Vegas Pro work on Linux?

Terry really needs to lay off the Meth.

There's something I don't understand about Linux, from the prespective of someone who uses pcs solely for browsing, vidya and the occasional cadence software.
Is there a point to switching to a new OS, vidya wise, if all you're going to do is emulate windows through Wine? Is the performance better, is it more convienent somehow, etc?
I'm honestly open to trying out a new os and I want a reason to switch.

Wine is not an emulator

Proofs? People were pretty thorough with spotting which updates were pozzed.

Then what is it? Excuse my ignorance.

I wanna fuck CE

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wine_(software)
Wine (recursive backronym for Wine Is Not an Emulator) is a free and open-source compatibility layer that aims to allow computer programs (application software and computer games) developed for Microsoft Windows to run on Unix-like operating systems. Wine also provides a software library, known as Winelib, against which developers can compile Windows applications to help port them to Unix-like systems.[7]

7-tan a best.

So the E stands for emulator, but it's not an emulator. Guess I've got brain problems.
Still I want to know if there's an advantage to it, from a purely vidya prespective.

there where updates to windows 7 that introduced spyware. If you avoid updating win 7 you should be theoretically ok. This is the list I have saved atm to watch out for.

Do not install:
kb3075249
kb3080149

kb3068708
kb2976978
kb2976978
kb3035583
kb2952664

KB2505438
KB2670838 – Windows 7 Only (breaks AERO functionality and gives you blurry fonts on some websites)
KB2952664
KB3021917
KB3035583
KB3075249

KB3022345
KB3075249

————————-
Redundant list
————————
KB2506928
KB2545698
KB2592687
KB2660075
KB2726535
KB2876229
KB2923545
KB2952664
KB2970228
KB2990214
KB2994023
KB3021917
KB3022345
KB3035583
KB3050265
KB3065987
KB3068708
KB3075249
KB3080149

Linux is somewhat on the Bleeding Edge of non-proprietary graphics and hardware updates, which could actually mean something if we saw more commercial games go completely cross-platform.
As it is now, what it basically means is that if you're building a Rig specifically to play Autism Blocks with all the Shaders and Fluid Physics and Particles on, using a 1024px resource packs, Linux will take that level of optimization just that much further with the best Java and Memory Allocation.

Win7 does not have surveillance if you make a clean install of Win7 enterprise and disable Windows Update and everything related to it before even allowing it to connect to the internet. Blocking micro$hit's IPs and servers is also an elegant solution that Win7 lets you do by default with host files though it's much better to do this at the Router level, and means micro$hit can't do jackshit to you.

The advantage is that you can play nearly all your windows games on linux natively without having to make a virtual machine for win XP or win 7 at the minimum of hardware expense possible.

WINE is a compatibility layer. Windows uses the same technology to maintain reverse compatibility when necessary. (And doing a shit job of it.)

I did no such thing. I think you're both retards.
And the sophists did nothing wrong.

If you think Windows was only capable of spying on you since the W10 telemetry updates, I've got some bad news for you.

Generally no, but there are exceptions particularly with old games that aren't supported well in modern Windows.
Yes, but before you get there you have to learn to use wine. Don't puss out and use PlayOnLinux, either. Wine isn't that complicated, but there's a massive learning curve assuming you also don't know how to use Linux.

Back in my day we had .mng and we liked it!

sometimes one forgets to pay attention to ID's. Why are you butting your big Jewish nose into others people conversions?

I'm aware they've put out sketchy updates before the win10 updates; people included those updates when saying which ones to watch out for.

Thank you user. I shouldn't have any of those installed but I'll doublecheck, this will be useful.
Saved

Now you'll only need to worry about everyone else getting into your system through some font vulnerability or whatever ridiculous exploit they've patched recently. But at least you kept MS out.

Speaking of which, how well does Wine run things?

I'm talking specifically about those updates. If you think you can block those and suddenly you're safe from prying eyes, think again. Microsoft isn't a PRISM partner for nothing.

Intel chipsets all secretly running Minix?
zdnet.com/article/minix-intels-hidden-in-chip-operating-system/

Still waiting on proofs

Wine is an emulator, it's just not only an emulator. It's not a hardware emulator, but it is an emulator, which is understood to be a piece of software that enables a computer system to behave like and run software designed for a different computer system. Translating system calls and presenting a virtual Windows filesystem to the software is emulation. People get confused because they see "emulator" and immediately assume hardware emulation; this is the whole reason the Wine people avoid the moniker.
I'd agree with wine being "not an emulator" if it was simply a reimplementation of win32 and directX, but the fact that it translates system calls in-flight and presents a full virtual filesystem to hosted applications makes it clearly an emulator. Saying "when people say 'emulator', they usually mean 'hardware emulator'" doesn't actually change the meaning of the word or assert that emulation can only refer to hardware emulation, it only points out that people make an assumption.

I understand the avoidance of the name "emulator" in the Wine project, but it's only correct if you are pedantic enough to examine the specific functioning of Wine but still not pedantic enough to look at the actual definition of the word "emulation".

Ubuntu is one of the best for newcomers, but I recommend trying out their "flavors", which are versions of the same Ubuntu base system but with different Desktop Environments (DE).
Is one of the most popular distributions and supposedly the go-to distribution for newcomers. The main release uses the Cinammon DE, which is great for people coming from Windows 7
Uses the KDE DE, which kinda looks like Windows, with many features and eye candy at the cost of RAM usage
Uses the XFCE DE, which is very minimalistic in look but has many features, and uses little RAM
Uses the LXDE DE, which is more minimal at the cost of some features (LXLE is a variation of Lubuntu with some more presintalled programs, ricing and optimization)
Uses the Pantheon DE. If you're a Macfag, use this.
A chinese distribution using the Deepin DE, which is very good if you have a touchscreen.
There are thousands of other DEs, like Budgie, MATE, i3, Gnome and many more distros with different base distributions such as Arch, Debian, OpenSUSE and Fedora to try one you get the hang of things. Good luck mate

It really depends on the things. The answer is "you have to run it to see". Frequently you have to do settings customization per program, especially video games. For a lot of games and programs, it'll run them about the same. Some will have errors, crashes, slowdown, or sync issues.

What the fuck do I do then?

Sure. It's incredibly wasteful. This webm at roughly the same quality is 1/50 the size.

Apparently there's a couple people who play vidya on supercomputers and send benchmarks to Linux porters for shits and giggles.

Ubuntu uses Gnome now and KDE 5 is somehow lighter than Gnome 3. If you want a bloated DE, KDE at least gives you shittons of functionality and customization with that bloat instead of Gnome 3's faux minimalism and bad design choices.

tl;dr: install gentoo?

Personally I'm running ancient hardware without any of that shit in it.

If you're here for proofs, you've come to the wrong place. I came here looking for ANY evidence that the WINE team is working on DX12 and it still has not been posted. I'm not going to spoonfeed you on this. NSA's had its fingers all over Microsoft since NT.

nice

archive.is/hyF2c

Either give up and realize that the CIA watches you watching hentai no matter what you do or start saving up for a silicon foundry of your very own.

:DDDD

That's been known for awhile now. Games using DX9 and 10 already work really well.

Here's the repo: source.winehq.org/git/vkd3d.git/
It's in the very early stages but given how quickly the experimental DX9 and DX11 to Vulkan layers are progressing and how much simpler DX12 and Vulkan are for driver maintainers, this shouldn't take nearly as long as mapping DirectX 11 to OpenGL.

Translating system calls isn't emulation.

How does windows 7 support ending effect you?

Or you use a 10 year old 4banger pentium piece of shit that can't even run crysis because it's the last bastion of privacy in the technological world.

Seriously. Fuck modern reality, we're getting close to living like Worst Korea in their goddamn Shadowrun-tier city module where everything gets spied on.

If you're really privacy conscious and have shekels to spare, order a Talos 2 workstation in January. They're not great for vidya now because there's pretty much no software compiled for POWER9, but the performance is ridiculously good and if enough autists adopt the platform people will start supporting it I'll probably make POWER9 builds of my shit regardless.

Compatibility layers and VMs.
GPU passthrough on a POWER9 would be pretty insane, plus you shouldn't be running insecure programs on your host OS.

Sounds bullshit. I can trust Intel more because they put the ME on the northbridge, not on the CPU itself.

>>>/apng/

irony.jpeg
The definition of what constitutes a "word" is actually highly contentious among linguists. Perhaps you were referring to a morpheme?
Try again, and this time, use your English-as-a-second-language textbook.

That has to do with flexibility and features on a level that's irrelevant to personal computing. It doesn't matter.
t. freetard who hasn't run windows in years

going ryzen waiting for other half of the build to get here.
how fucked am i with win 10 I still will have my old computer available just needs a gpu since im taking that over to the new build since its a new card.

Taking a spanish class and translating spanish into english isn't "emulating" spanish.

Just install a Linux distro, one without systemd.

I think an interpreter mediating communication with someone who speaks a different language could be said to emulate.

Why are you using Win10?
github.com/zeffy/wufuc

It'd only be emulation if he was inside you running on your organs.

Windows 7 actually works fine on Ryzen aside from the occasional nagging, but you are gonna have to jump through a few hoops to set it up. Fortunately having a second older PC will help you a lot.

Emulation is implementing a system's hardware in an abstract way via software. Don't talk about shit you don't know about.

Running a software that translates MIPS into x86 isn't "emulating" MIPS.

I just want my comfy linux ricefaggotry and my vidya without having to reboot and lose one or the other. I know you can connect two computers to the same screen, but that's expensive and overly complicated to actually get working with the same keyboard, mouse, etc, data. etc.

At the very least install [pirated] windows 7 with whatever the latest meme botnet remover is.
Or you could install both linux and win7, just don't be disheartened by the initial complexity of some shit with linux like probably did. "The Linux Command Line" is a bit outdated, but it's a great book if you actually want to get started

Install temple OS

What?

nagging what nagging like hey upgrade kinda of nagging?
would it be simple enough to just clone my ssd onto another one and plug that in and go?

Also use Wine with gallium 9 you nigger.

checked
This script will remove any that you do have installed. gist.github.com/xvitaly/eafa75ed2cb79b3bd4e9

Well yeah, that's why you update to linux and use windows exclusively for vidya

The AMD FX series doesn't have it last I checked. If you absolutely have to have the latest BEEFY GAYMEN RIG you can use it for vidya only and keep your old hardware for your non kosher shitposting

i wonder who could be behind this post

That's what the PCI passthrough meme is for. Most people report the performance being pretty much the same as running windows natively. The GPU has a very noticeable bottleneck on my setup for some reason though, and I still haven't figured out why.

they get expensive if you don't want to use VGA.

Still complete enough to run a decent amount of DX11 games and stuff like Nier: Automata.

fair enough

I don't like having to use a VM to do shit, but I'd consider it if it's near native performance. Got a source for it being worthwhile?

Have I just been living under a fucking rock?

Yes, you have been. Wine works pretty well now, it's just that nobody has bothered to update the compatibility lists, so it seems like it's shit when it's not really the case.

Can you explain how passthrough relates to drivers for the system you're hypervisor'ing? I got a new GPU recently specifically with the intent to passthrough and finally delete my Windows XP partitions, but now I'm wondering if it can even be used for what I wanted to use it, because AMD has zero 32-bit drivers. Do I have to use my modern, powerful GPU as a dummy passthrough device and use the old GPU natively? That seems inconvenient as fuck, I'll probably need to reboot between every time I want to run native linux games (on the new GPU) or do Windows gaming (on the old GPU).

And finally
it's like you want to lose all your precious memories to the memory holing jew

Why not use a Linux VM to play Linux games withe the passed through GPU?

Yeah, the DX11 support is in surprisingly good shape and it's progressing quickly. You can run a lot of newer games on it and even stuff like The Witcher 3 is playable with some rendering glitches here and there.
Also, early on Nier: Automata rendered but with broken bloom and invisible bullets. Some absolute madman then went ahead and did a complete playthrough, dodging invisible bullet patterns just to prove the game was fully beatable for his Wine compatibility report.

Because it's a GPU from 2006 and I'm actually enjoying the things my powerful new GPU lets me do, such as emulate Gamecube games.

I'm pretty sure you can actually rebind the drivers on the fly before the the VM starts and after it's terminated so it shouldn't be a problem.

Try OpenSUSE Leap If you're completely new
DVD comes with most of the shit you would want in the repos as well as your pick of KDE, Gnome3 all beautified and skinned, XFCE, MATE and LXDE are also on disc but they're stock themes.
So this is basically Control Panel. Most everything you could ever want to do with a machine running SuSE you can pretty much set it up from here
It won't hold your hand but I've been able to roll out a custom router, DHCP and DNS servers as well as a virtualization box hosting a few dedicated game servers on a VM just with poking around a few menus. The firewall is easily configurable as well.
Yeah so grabbing shit off the repos can be done thru yast, via command line by zypper or just going onto the suse website and clicking "Install"

The only real downside is that SuSE isn't Fedora or Ubuntu so you may find some whiz-bang thing on the interwebs may not have a package built specifically for it. Does use .RPMs however so if someone coded it for RHEL it's probably already been ported over.

You don't know how VMs work do you?

You can thank China for that, it's mostly Chinese using 7 instead of 10.

Just install Ubuntu and call it a day.
A lot of people will probably suggest to you their favorite distro but I will tell you why Ubuntu is all around okay.

Fedora does this too with the spins, and it's really dumb. What's even worse its an entire preconfigured system. They figure the reason you want XFCE over Cinnamon is because your computer is from 1876, so Ubuntu gets Firefox while Xubuntu gets Midori. You can install Firefox but you're tearing apart the freshly installed system rather then just telling it what you wanted on install.

Also enjoy that Ubuntu ONE account to use the damn software center. It's why I quit using that distro.

Whatever that actually is, it doesn't exist on either Xubuntu or Lubuntu. The new "Software Center" program they've replaced the Ubuntu Software Center with on Xubuntu though is fucking shit, even worse than the original Ubuntu Software Center. Lubuntu has its own little separate Lubuntu Software Center which is kind of interesting. You don't need to use either of those however. Just use Synaptic if you need a GUI to manage the apt package system.

i helped two people reinstall the original os on their laptops because they accidentally updated. it's kind of irritating that windows 10 provides a rollback option but it doesn't work at all.

Alright Storytime:

So way back in Ubuntu 9ish Canonical decided they wanted to have an app store, where you can buy indie bullshit and music with money. So around this time Steam came to Linux officially with Ubuntu being the target distro and official support from Cannoical etc.

So Steam wasn't in the distros, it had a PPA just for it, and you got that by 'buying' Steam for $0 on the Ubuntu App Store, which required a Ubuntu ONE account and the usual bullshit.

So after seeing Cannonical pull a Microsoft I jumped ship, Haven't touched or recommended that shit since.

Thinking about dropping windows entirely and learn wine. I'm running Mint 17.3 because no systemd and am using the latest stable version of wine. Is it better to use the development version? Because the one game I have that boots into game crashes. And would the games run better on a newer distro? I'm thinking about installing Devuan.

I want it to look like w95 what do?

Debian stable software is outdated.
Debian unstable is unstable.
Debian doesn't work 'out of the box' and requires someone to be interested in learning about Linux and the command line or have some free time to get anywhere from installing drivers, configuring the system, etc.

and in the case a casual user breaks something, it's gonna end up with a bad taste and going back to Windows.

but that's not saying Debian isn't good. Debian netinstall is one of the best I've tried.

No bloat
Everything working as you want it to
but you need the time and patience to learn and configure stuff

Microsoft has made Apple a weaker example with Windows 10, because even Apple doesn't have the balls to put ads in the OS X finder or force a tablet interface on their desktops and laptops, none of which use a touch screen. OS X is also easier to set up and use than the other two and has personally sunk my overall technological bullshit tolerance to an all-time low.

The only thing Microsoft has copied from Apple is higher prices, but what they'll learn in about five years is that people don't spend extra for Microsoft the same way they'll spend extra for a BMW, or a bottle of Heineken, or business class seats on a Delta flight, or an iPhone X.

Mint is the best of them all, but triple check that all of your devices work, because even brand-name graphics cards, printers, and network equipment might need something from some asscrack of the internet compiled on your machine with some other thing from another asscrack of the internet.

There is and has always been a .deb to install Steam, since the earliest beta release targeting Ubuntu 12.04. It's not really Canonical's fault that you don't know how to use its Debian-based distro.

Last I tried Mint it had a horrendous multiarch bug attempting to resolve dependencies; this resulted in apt just outright shitting itself when asked to install something requiring 32bit libs.

I followed the manual to the letter;

Why didn't anybody ask OP for sauce…

Because most people are smart enough to find things on their own.

That's not how discussions work.

Gaming in wine seems to be always a hit and miss.
Just check wine's appdb and experiment from there.

Thanks, Ubuntu or Mint with some personal choices inside the two.
I'll make up my mind when I make the change, surely they'll also change a decent amount by then.

It's not about that actually. I noticed that when they in one release fixed their testcases to 100% coverage literally EVERYTHING worked. Then of course on the next version and next version everything was back to shit again.

They know wine can work perfectly but they choose to not have it work perfectly because they need a reason for people to buy their commercial product…

This was literally years ago btw. Wine could have worked perfectly years ago… Someone who gives a shit and has the mettle should really have forked them a million years ago.

Not true at all. Emulation is software that allows one platform to run software written for another platform, regardless of hardware details. "emulate" is to "imitate", in the way of reproducing the functionality. There is hardware emulation and API emulation.
If what you said was true, than XBox One emulation and PS4 emulation on PC wouldn't be "emulation" at all, because you are only emulating the software platform. NES emulation on an Apple II could be considered "not emulation" because it's the same processor. It's all semantics anyway, as "emulation" isn't a specific technology the way virtualization is; it's a high-level term for a concept. I say this as a programmer who has written functioning console emulators (writing an emulator for NES or Gameboy is admittedly pretty simple) and contributed to others. Don't talk about shit you don't know about.

why u have to do dis? i was only going to make one post and didn't even check the thread much and now your juvenile antics have left me in an uncomfortable position.

you glow in the dark

You should fix the testcases programmer guy!

ANIMATED PNG???=

MORE LIKE THIS

It's what I do. I have all the dlls installed but the game runs like shit and crashes.

Is it even possible to fix this shit somehow?
On Dark Colony when I use Wine 1.0.0 the map scrolling speed is ok but the sound is totally messed up, I tried using the cpulimiter program and it doesn't fixes anything at all it makes infact worse such as choppy sounds. Dark Reign 1 has the same problem and I can't get KKnD 1 to start a skirmish battle, despite I added the CD directory for the virtual drives which is mounted via a iso file.

DirectX abstraction layer in WINE now!

DX11 only has a handful of good games, dx12 will probably go its lifetime without a single good game.
Welcome to the future.

That's some ancestral shit, WINE is at 2.23 now.

Which one is better, Gallium 9 or Staging?

I tried even Wine 2.22 and the problem is still there.

Gallium nine for dx9 games on free drivers, staging otherwise.

h-hey at least I can play really old console games from 15 years ago thanks to dx11.

Whoever drew that piece of shit needs to be shot for crimes against my autism.

No DX11 renderer in any emulator is worth using now OGL/DX9 always end up being better in one way or another.

what do you use linux for then? cp and hacking the government?

Assmad Microshills are SEETHING. Vulkan is still better you queers, but it's nice still have you cuckolds by the balls. Enjoy being spied on.

Why don't you show us some benchmarks then, there's at-least one or two games that support both DX12 and Vulkan, hell just show us DX11 vs Vulkan, should have no problem beating the old one right?

Hypnotism's a shit fetish anyway. Especially when they say shit like "you're more sensitive than you've ever been" like the brain can somehow make your nerves more sensitive. Drugs and mind break through sex addiction is the only true way to go.

A huge part of sensitivity is the processing of signals. Becoming more sensitive on command might be dumb but becoming more sensitive because of something your brain does isn't.

Eh it just feels fake. Your brain might process higher sensitivity but your actual nerves aren't. The idea that a screen is what's causing you to feel more sensitive just doesn't seem substantial enough. What's worse is that when it actually goes the way of drugs, it's always "aphrodisiac" or a small vial of "XX32b experimental drug" that will evolve your skin to be more sensitive in the span of 12 seconds or some shit. If you're going to mind break in a short amount of time then straight up body modification is the way to go.

And Vulkan is being open-sourced.

Really? No Power* or Solaris? No generic unix variants?

Their perception is what matters. Just because you're not falling off a cliff like in your dream doesn't mean you can't feel a bit shaken when you suddenly jolt awake.

Why would you use 7 when 10 is literally superior in every way?

>(((b9c0f0)))

still wont even run some dx9 or 10 games and 90% of dx11 games dont even run, so much hype

I don't understand this reason for not using the superior turd.

Linux ate all the other Nixes. The IBM systems run Linux variants, too.

>>>/apng/

Shogs would probably let you fuck them however you want. in MGE after awhile they absorb their lover. Like the Mindflayer however the husband of the shoggy can reform under his own influence.

Might have to go over to Linux full time

You mis-read, user. I barely do anything on macOS, that's mainly used because I really like Final Cut Pro X. I mainly wanted a platform-agnostic share for ROMs and ISOs so I could play on any computer and easily share games.

You're a faggot

Too bad I still can't get Wine to run DirectX9 games properly. Just yesterday I was trying to play The Ship with wine and it would crash every time I tried to join the server.

Unless its big iron, zOS is still custom, I think Linux on systemz is still a thing.

Yeah enjoy your broken games your 15% perfomance and your useless life time wasted while my LTSB just werks

I wonder who could be behind this post.

Okay what's the good reason to switch from win10 to mint without mentioning muh botnet.
I'm asking unironically i'm willing to do it if it actually has some advantages. I use pc to play games mostly.

did not see earlier, soz

No that's just a cosplaying human

You realize you can just drop modern Linux distros like Mint on your hard drive and it just werkz? Even the drivers are included just like Winblows.

It just works, right up until you need to change a sound card driver. Or play a game. Or interface with a Windows network.

installed Hotline Miami 2, and it works…but then sooner or later it freezes, and it doesnt even gives error, so I cant even close it sometimes and have to force restart the pc.

What do I do? Using Wine Staging with gallium 9, and I tried multiple options in winecfg. Perhaps is the libraries part, where I should a library in specific?

If a studio published a game where you couldn't see a vital game element you would be calling it completely broken. But if it's on Linux it works if it doesn't crash?

Typical emulator user. Or Asscreed player.

I suggest that more people do what Carmack did: release the software as proprietary, and when its "old-hat", release the source code. There's nothing intrinsically wrong with proprietary software: Stallman is just autistic.

You do know HM2 has a native port to Linux, right?

kek'd at all of those old as piss IBMs re-purposed to rot in linux hell doing theoretical work while the new system Zs do actual work.

If you already have Linux installed and you're changing sound cards, why would you switch to one that doesn't have a working Linux driver? That would be only something a retarded casual who can't use search engines would do.
Almost everything from 2005 and before works in Wine, and modern games are more frequently supporting Linux natively the one good thing Steam ever caused to happen. That leaves roughly a 10 year gap of games you may or may not be able to play and most of them are shit anyway. They will be made to work in time as well thanks to Wine's continual improvement.
Wait so you didn't make the Linux box your network host? Why the fuck would you ever do that user?

Like a loli in a brothel user. It's ogre.

Post a link then, because torrents there is one, but in forever loading metadata mode.
And what for the first one? And even if there are linux port, doesnt excuse that wine shouldnt make these game works.

you mispelled plan9 buddy

If all you care about is web browsing and gaems, not much. There are less games and wine does not work as well as people want you to think (or at least something is weird with my computer because my experience with it has been horrendous. ymmv i guess). Linux has some nice stuff. Package managers make getting software you want and staying up to date a lot easier, it's generally more secure, and it's not a gigantic monolithic mess like Windows so it will boot up faster and generally run better.

Are there any good games, released or announced, that use DX12?
The only game that looks good and is backWindows 10 only is that one racing game.

w7 best windows, I'll just stick with it, then go to linux once it becomes too stale.

Source?

I think you meant to suggest Inferno, friendo.

Your nerves actually have a far higher capacity to send pain and pleasure signals then you normally receive on a regular basis. All the brain needs to do is change the composition of chemicals in the synapse to change and adjust nerve sensitivity. And yes it has the power to do that. That said changing the brain to either simply be addicted with addiction pathways to specific inputs or otherwise ohow it processes input without affecting the nerves is more realistic because hypersensitivity in the nerves would create a whole lot of unpleasant problems for the person affected plus the orgasms would actually become boring and it'd lose it's effectiveness within about a month or so.

Zko isn't great but he's been focusing a lot lately on improving his anatomy.

Basically, your nerves are constantly flooding your brain with raw data and your brain filters a lot as unimportant: if you were constantly aware of how every organ and bone in your body felt and the sensation of fabric resting against your skin it would get really distracting. You can refocus on these sensations with effort, but it's much easier if you take away other distractions first: your vision, competing thoughts, awareness of your surroundings, things like that.
Trance achieved through hypnosis or mindfulness meditation is a state of intense focus on something as directed by you or your hypnotist. Git gud at one or the other (mindfulness meditation is easier to get into and its benefits carry over to hypnosis or even shit like focusing on vidya) and you can pretty much blank out your thoughts as you focus on a thought, sensation, or just remove all filters and let your entire nervous system drown your brain in sensations you never paid any attention to.

I'de argue otherwise as it just feels like acting at that point. But different strokes I guess.

Alright fair enough then. I suppose I'm looking for a more physical concept then because I'm tired of the unexplained aphrodisiac trope. And it goes back to what I said before, the idea of getting turned on by looking at a screen is much less attractive than getting turned on by something more sex related.

What processor is your computer running? Because if it's an Intel processor made after 1986 or an AMD processor made after 2002 then the CIA is already spying on you.

(checked)
Really good hypnosis content either focuses on the induction or puts extra thought into the conditioning stage, ideally a mixture of both. With enough practice it's possible to get neat shit like being conditioned to orgasm on command outside trance.

why did you screenshot your own nonsensical autistic post while namefagging on Holla Forums? Why did you post that nonsensical post here on Holla Forums? Why are you babbling on about sex at all in a thread about Direct X 12? I can appreciate shit posting but Jesus man get a grip.

How about someone give an example of what DX12 can do that DX11 or 10 couldn't achieve? I only remember when DX9.0c was in PC gaming with call of duty 1/2, and little things were noticeable within the map, like lighting inside buildings.

What's 12 going to make games feel like? The 12 meme has been spun since like 2012 probably, why has it been stuck on dx11/12?

The fetish is shit because hypnotism does not work the way its adherent's think it does. They saw a Vegas show and figured it meant you could make a woman do things she would not otherwise do (like ever have sex with them) by virtue of some spinning disk. Just use handwaive magic, you fags.

Yea nah I don't see it. Hypnosis is mostly within the realm of fiction to this extent in any case. Even assuming it's largely affective on everybody there's still the disconnect of looking at a screen. I'de rather have the chick wear a dildo that did all this shit.

Stay out of this. If you're going to blame anybody blame OP for posting that shit gif. though at least I'm saging, I don't disagree that this shit got way off track, I was just stating an opinion and suddenly it got more replies than it frankly should have

So far the dx12 propaganda I've seen is mainly talking about how it performs better and uses less CPU resources.
Except switching to loonix does the same thing and doesn't spy on you as a nice little bonus.

So I take it you only jack off to vanilla shit then?

Vanilla is an unrealistic fetish in this day and age too.

Move to the country and find a farm girl.

but don't you porn addicted faggots have a board for that type of autism? For example can you take it back to >>>/hypno/ ??? Or something?

If you want mind control stuff, just use mind control like normal people. I am saying it is silly the way it is otherwise portrayed now.

I have installed windows 10 to my friends' computers while also having them pay me 10 bucks each :^)

Again, blame OP. It had nothing to do with his topic and he used to to grab attention. It's almost like that attention might be from the wrong group of people that you wanted.

Again, realism's not the top priority for fetish shit.

Not my post, I'm not that crazy. I hadn't looked at the screencap in a while and forgot how big a nut that namefag was.

Most of DX12 and Vulkan's new stuff is giving the graphics programmer direct control over stuff the driver used to manage. So many new possibilities and potential for optimization is there that vidya devs aren't really sure what to do with it yet.

I actually meant to smugpost but attached the wrong file. Holla Forums's upload section used to show a thumbnail but I think it's broken now so I didn't catch my mistake until it was too late.*

Steam should offer downloads for "unsupported" games on loonix already, having to install steam twice is kinda bothersome and only introduces more points of failure

Not at all a priority but they could indeed try to mix it up a bit

So basically it'll never catch on for many reasons, one being most programmers aren't smart enough / can't be trusted to utilize anything to make their game optimized.

use windows 10 because all laptops comes with it.

I'll switch when Direct X 11 support is near finished and works with every modern game

To make the best use of something like Vulkan, you have to design your engine around it instead of bolting it onto your existing OpenGL or Direct3D engine. You can still make performance gains by adding it to an existing engine if you know your shit (nuDoom is a good example) but it's still hard work and graphics programmers are still stuck with a certain mindset from years of working with Direct3D and a little OpenGL.

Not pictured: The entire wall behind her is also a mirror and the room is triangular.

Also

Now this I can fap to.

Did John Flynt draw that?
Congrats to the 3 linux gamers who will appreciate this development.

Isn't that what one would call a wrapper?

Until VR actually improves its control scheme there really is no point in it at all. Moving around is integral to "video games" and why most VR controls don't integrate a wiimote/nunchuck type doodad with analog for omi-directional movement is beyond me. The solution could relatively inexpensive with current technology.

-the swivel chair would be stationary
-strafing left and right would might be controlled by the same foot peddle/analog by swiveling it left and right.

oh shit wrong thread

No, there is no board for people who get off on hypnotizing cute girls. And it fucking sucks.
Sage for off-topic

W-Where can I read more about it?

Fuck your DX12

I once had to install a pirated version of Rosetta Stone on my dad's Macbook and he paid me $20. I thought that was an odd deed.

How does Call Of Chernobyl run with Wine? If it ran fine, I'd ditch windows right now.

Good for them. Me, I'd rather not have to spend days getting basic functionality out of my computer, and have programs that actually work on it natively. Doesn't help that linuxfags are muh secret autistic club that scoffs at the notion of having actual guides for how to get shit done, and that nobody can agree on what distro to use, instead just screaming "NOO YOUR DISTRO IS SHIT MINE IS WAY BETTER"

linuxjourney.com/ and PDF related. If you take days to get basic functionality out of something as normalfag-friendly as Ubuntu, you're probably retarded and don't know what a search engine is.
manpages are your friend

This was done.
exhentai.org/g/1120774/49d424c0f5/

Avoid MINT.
If you were going to use MINT for KDE try Kubuntu, if you were going to use MINT for MATE try Ubuntu MATE. No idea about cinnamon.
Ubuntu in general is a shit distro that you should avoid but it's the best entry level distro because it's the only one made for entry level users.

Is there a systemd free Ubuntu distro?

appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=30554
This is from last year, I don't know how it runs on newer versions. The wine appdatabase is hit or miss.

Call of Chernobyl works breddy gud in Wine, I played it a lot and I had only a few crashes here and there, you should play it in fullscreen then it will be a bit less buggy.

What's keeping it from being adopted is that almost every computer ships with Windows installed and most people don't know what an OS even is or that you can change it.

You probably don't have a good reason to care about systemd yet if you need to ask that.
It really doesn't matter until you need to interact with it.

Never fucking happened, and the 3.5 was an anomaly. As always, AMD fags ignore team red's fuckups and exagerate team Green's.

I would just like to interject for a moment, Vulkan is not software, but rather a specification describing theoretical software that meets the requirements of the specification. You can pay money and have any software you produce that follows this specification certified as a valid implementation by Khronos. This specification is "Open" in that anyone can read it on Khronos's website. However, an implementation of Vulkan does not have to be "Open Source" or any other license, as this is up to the discretion of the copyright holder. Thus, an Nvidia driver certified by Khronos as a standards-compliant implementation of Vulkan will still be closed source.

What are the DX12 exclusives anyway? Solitaire & Minesweeper?

Forza, I think that's all.

And M$hills still think that DX12 is worth the price of Winblows 10
>also has a i5-8250UUUU and an MX150
Bring on the Vulkan revolution

Many games that should work in Wine have problems…perhaps it have to do with the library part in winecfg? What libraries should I generally add to an application? Any advice that I should know? Using Wine staging+Gallium 9.

wine has always been a clusterfuck. if it doesn't work look at the wine app db and do what it says there if there is anything.

If only it were that simple, the thing is that Vulkan is not a drop-in API any more than DX12 is. Upgrading from DX10 to DX11 was a pretty simple change, but changing from DX11 to either Vulkan or DX12 requires major rewrites to be useful. Changing the renderer to DX12 without actually changing the way that the GPU is managed is the problem with your FPS woes there.

Remember, DX12 and Vulkan are supposed to be able to take advantage of unlinked GPUs (no need for SLI or Crossfire). But you've yet to see any games that really do this because companies are still writing their Vulkan games as if they're OpenGL or DX11.

You're looking at years before someone uses either API to its peak effectiveness. And then when they do, prepare to watch the whole fucking thing get bogged down with mindless bullshit by sycophants who think it's acceptable to ship 100gb install sizes for the sake of uncompressed audio.

Every single xbox 1 game available on PC.
Except not a single one of them is good. Whoops.

most companies aren't writing their games at all anymore.
Unity and Unreal Engine just need to improve their support and then the games will follow

lissen up nigger, drop binblows 10 right now and install windows 7 instead.
You need to add missing USB (and NVMe if using m.2 SSD) drivers on the win 7 install disk/stick with NTlite.
overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php/781091-AMD-Ryzen-Win7-ISO-Guide
Then you get latest chipset drivers from AMD (and/or) your motherboard manufacturer.
support.amd.com/en-us/download/chipset?os=Windows 7 - 64
Don't forget to update your motherboard's BIOS.
or you could install linux instead

You got a point there, yeah. I mean about them writing their own systems, not so much that Unity/UE will fix it.

without-systemd.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page
Currently on Gentoo, they added an eselect to switch on the fly between stable, staging, D3D and other builds of WINE and i'm having a blast with all the stuff that works now.
Void Linux will be perfect the moment they figure out how to 64-bit Wine.
I used Archbang on a craptop for a while years ago, didn't WINE much post 2005 stuff though and used it for work and emulation mostly.

Use wine with Gallium 9 and it runs fine CoC 1.5 works even better.

No. Stop using Debian based shit

artixlinux.org/

I mean I like it and I use it but to recommend it to what will most likely be beginners is retarded not to mention the community isn't big either so getting help can and will be a pain.

Post yfw you never upgraded to Microsoft's newest spyware.
Feels good man

help

8ch.net/tech/w7tele.html

pfft
could you tip any harder?

mfw feeling good

Can mpv open .png videos? I use it for gifs

yes, mpv supports apng, but you need to use the -loop command to loop.

If you got fuckfox or cuntmium they both support APNG.
Are you using a snowflake browser?

i can watch the animation in my waterfox browser, but when i save the png and open it using image viewer it doesnt animate.

Gonna build myself a computer soon. What linux distro should I get?

I wouldn't put it past AMD to do something shitty like this, but I am not going to hold my breath over this "news".

The one that has the coolest name because they still have the same kernel, shell, gnu core utilities but just a different package manager and the packages that come along with it by default.

if you are going to build a new computer go for the amd components, they have a better penguin support.
Im using mint cinnamon, because a friend told me it was the most user friendly.

Depends what you want, if you want a noob friendly distro then Linux Mint or one of those Ubuntu variant should work well.

t. Linux Mint user

Good tip. Thanks

I've heard some are more "noob friendly" than others, but was never sure what is meant by this. I'm guessing some have GUI that are more similar to windows?

Whatever you do, don't do Mint. It's literally the same thing as Ubuntu but more bloated and harder to customize.

Basically it comes down to having a good enough set of GUIs that necessitates using the terminal as little as possible. You're almost guaranteed to have to learn the terminal eventually though, even if it's something as basic as learning how to kill a frozen program in an unresponsive desktop environment.

I know how to navigate BASH, so I think I'll probably be good. So far Zorin and Ubuntu are most appealing to me.

I've found their presets a lot more usable than flavors of Ubuntu, they're both bloated clones of Debian.

So 7 would be a sexy bitch everyone uses and 10 would be some pencil thin skank with thick glasses and a notebook filled with all your personal info yes?

That looks so fucking stupid I don't even know where to begin calling people idiots.

Swinging your limbs around when you can't fucking see is going to lead to nothing but injury, also what if you plan on playing a game for say 4 hours, you're gonna be tired as fuck just from moving around never-mind fighting

neat, i didn't even know that was a thing

feels reasonable and functional, man.

Neat. According to bash i have 4 apng.

Alright, I'll install it, and give it another try.

This.

Boy you are really new to VMs, aren't you?