Best games ever: the thread

I'll start:
didn't like any after the first
didn't like any after the first

rules:

lets get down to it, we are always talking about what's bad, so what's Good?
last thread mysteriously 404'd less than 5 minutes after being created for what I assume is a mod who got their asshole cleansed with oxyclean over my opinions on vidya favorites

the reason why I liked this so much is because they got the atmosphere right and it filled me with a sense of wonder. the gameplay wasn't the very best but the combination of the voice acting and the music and the story combined made me feel immersed in this whole thing where the reapers were a real actual scary threat. it felt mysterious but not in an annoying kind of way. being able to go to planets and drive around on them was really fucking cool, but I hate how they made it into a fetch quest.

What a shit thread from the beginning, fuck.

I felt like this did a good job getting the starwars feel right and the story was believable and exciting. I would have liked more customization and alot of the features from kotor2 to simply had been included in the first one since I think 2 had a cucked plot. it will always have a special place in my heart for being a combination of half-decent gameplay but also immersive story. I know it could have been so much better though.

life is strange

I would tell you that you have shit taste, but then again this is a thread about opinions. did you come here just to get mad?

Okay user, what in the name of holy avocados did you like about that. actually curious.

WORLD OF WARCRAFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Am I right guys? I know I'm right.

I'm right.

Again with the shit thread OP?
DUBS THREAD START

just simply breaking buildings with a futuristic hammer or driving cars straight through them was some of the most fun I ever had in videogames. in the end it felt very limited and I feel like they didn't go as far as they could have. I'm disappointed they didn't use the same exact engine to come out with a game that was 100% destruction. armageddon sequal had far less in every way.

Todd, you again? or should I say Modd in disguise. last thread you showed up and this thread 404'd instantly. fuck off.

It's a neat story about conflict of your new self with old self buried under modern themes. Max has changed as a person, but she meets her childhood best friend. She is conflicted over the duration of the story whether she should stay loyal to her now estranged best friend and rekindle their relationship or cut all ties and forge new acquaitances, obviously less deep than the one she had with Chloe. It boils down to whether you would be loyal to your best friend, even though he might be hard person sometimes or have lots of 'friends' you see around but never develop bonds with.

great campaign, simple but balanced multiplayer mode. in my opinion the best simple tank arcade experience. I liked war thunder but there are so many things wrong with that game that I can say that it has failed at what could have been something great.

here's your (you)
what do you get from ironically shitposting? everyone thinks you're a dick.

Jokes on them! I'm a cunt!!!

sounds like an adult novel for depressed dried up suicidal 50 year old single mothers who have become sick of the usual soap operas. sounds highly specific I know, but you know what also sounds highly specific? that description you just ripped off of some website and posted here.

ok

WDL for the PS2 is pretty good.

How can you not like kotor 2? The skills are so much better in the second and basicly all playstyles are good.

takes everything that made 007 good and does it better. this game will make people angry as the developers specifically designed it to be rage inducing. you can shoot a guard and they will do this retarded half squat and then just shake their behind to one side or another in this sassy side lunge that makes them look like a crab. it is something that nobody has ever seen a security guard do in real life or any other video game. you think you have the shot and then they do this "Hgnn OOF" maneuver and you get shot and you're just left sitting there like "I just lost this entire level and have to start all over because of this stupid crab squat side lunge bastard"

would you like to hear my very long review/copypasta of Kotor1 and 2? I did like 2 but I have some decent criticisms.

Oh fuck I remember that

my fucking BRO. someone else knows what I'm talking about. fuck yea.

Sure, I mean can understand if you dont like the story but the gameplay was just a slight upgrade from the first one overal in my opinnion.

I've been listening to some videos by Ryan White Goose about the little things in goldeneye too. There's sneezing and swatting at flies that the guards can do extremely rarely and such an event happening has made world record speed runs. It's really cool seeing all the little things the team put in those games.

In my opinion, the best super smash brothers game on earth. not to say that some modded gamecube version isn't a million times better, I'm just saying this is the best unmodded supersmashbros game ever. I like that the controls are somewhat simple, but I hate how unresponsive or deceptive they can be compared to future titles, but who am I kidding? the older titles all have that same feeling of unresponsiveness. I feel like this is partly due to nintendo never having been skilled enough to properly make high quality hitboxes for any of their many different character models (not an easy task) but also partly due to the fact that nintendo enjoys making games frustrating on purpose. I'm sure that this is a commonly known fact by now but I take it as a personal insult sometimes because of how mad it makes me since it always feels cheap and like the difficulty is always an artificial factor instead of a real challenge. I have alot of respect for the game tornament pros who play supersmashbros and have to deal with both artificial difficult and real skill because the things they pull off seem supernatural. all things said I believe that not alot of games beat playing supersmashbros 64 with your buddies while eating trailmix. it's a fun game to not take seriously.

yea it is cool when the guards sneeze, but the first time I saw a guard squat and then lunge their ass to the side I screamed at my tv and almost threw my controller through it. I was like "WHO THE FUCK DID THIS"

I agree that the gameplay was an upgrade, pretty much agree with you but anyways here's my review.

Major Spoilers
even with restored content mod, I felt as if the whole entire experience and story of Kotor 2 was watered down, diluted, boring, and inconsitent with itself.

The plot fell flat and didn't seem to really have a huge huge point to it, except for implying that you are revan with memory loss all over again, and going off to find yourself again the ending felt empty and all the boss fights felt painfully anticlimactic and pointless.

the dialog was good in some places but really stupid in almost every other. your chat options were interesting but felt very biased and limited in such a way that when you wanted to reply with black and white morality considering your morals fit the choices, you were forced to choose from options that were all in the gray area and were left choosing something you didn't want to say.

when you wanted to pick a moral choice that was more of a gray area and say what you really meant you were then forced to pick from moral black and white areas that didn't apply to what you wanted to say and often lead to your character unavoidably saying something you were not okay with and these issues would break the immersion of the game severely, because now your character was doing shit that wasn't what you chose for them to do.

the ending was severely guilty of this and broke the immersion for me when my character was constantly forced into betraying everything I had built them up to be by saying very stupid things that were basically the only dialog options. also, almost all the characters in the game just lied to your main character constantly, everything they said was always total bullshit designed to manipulate your main character and get them to believe things and concepts that were absolutely and totally fake so that your character would be afraid, which in some ways made you feel bad for the main character and constantly feel paranoid. this was very cool in some ways, but I also wanted to have allies that I could unconditionally trust. that game deprives you of this, I might say- for good reason…

the game also tried too hard to be edgy and did unbelievably awesome with that in one or two scenes, but awful terrible everywhere else.

It had alot of great features and character and weapon customization and characters and dialog that should have just been a part of Kotor one as a severely longer and more highly detailed game that continued on long after the defeat of the antagonists, possibly with some kind of open world system galaxy travel system and endless planets to explore in depth like in mass effect one (almost did this good, but needs work) the customization still felt incredibly limiting. would have been nice to make my own ship and change it however I wanted, maybe upgrade it if I felt it needed changes and make it look different. maybe be able to fly the ship and fight with it.

I like how it showed that the force has more grey in it than once thought. there's consequences for your actions, be them benevolent or otherwise. kotor 2 was a really neat deconstruction of morality, and what it means to be a 'good' person or a 'bad' person. my point is that it failed to do this, it tried but failed- but it still did a really interesting thing with it but it definitely needed work, and then seriously be improved to good quality.

Kotor 2
spoilers
>wake up after ???? happens and meet kreia
>protects you and gets her hand cut off
>teaches you some cool stuff while also constantly trying to brainwash you
>lies everywhere, everyone lying to you, shes lying to you too, and she is also lying to everyone
>also everyone is trying to make up complete lies so you worry about everything, everything is 100% bullshit
>saves you a few
>then she is like Uh Oh now I have to be the badguy for no reason and fight you but you gotta kill me so that I dont kill you because then you… uhhhh ???? something???
>kreia dies
>you get on the ship and fly away to nowhere for no reason
>THE END

the biggest lie the exile is told is that someones force powers can be taken away. I hate movies like Xmen because they always have to make powers able to be lost for some pathetic reason.

if starwars were real, you could not "lose" your force powers. the jedi masters only want to mess with the exile and use mind trickery to make her get depressed so that she just feels so shitty that she believes that she isn't connected to the force and doesn't try to use it.

some people actually believe that kreia ripped the force out of the jedi masters and thus killed them, but you can clearly see that she used life drain on them, (purple force lightning that regenerates your health concurrently) as this is one of the abilities in the game.

there is no such thing as somone being able to take away the force, 200% bullshit, and that's a good reason why kotor2 is a load

midichlorians are also bullshit, they are not the thing that makes the force, they can sometimes simply be indicators of the presence of the force, and they don't even always show up then anyway

I feel that Kotor 1 was a far superior and much more exciting and enjoyable game with a better plot and story (still kinda crappy though)

I really liked mass effect 1 and Kotor 1, but I didn't like any of the sequels and I don't respect them as real sequels.

I did like kotor2, but I didn't like it as much as kotor1. I feel like kotor2 had a very sloppy story that just felt like a poorly rehashed version of the kotor1 story. I feel like a huge amount of locations, characters, story, and gameplay from kotor2, should have been instead added to kotor1 as an HD remastered re-release of kotor1 with tons of extra content and options, +added mod tools and patches.

Tell us, user, when did you realize you were born with shit taste in games?

Anything on the gamesphere

Even though I just slightly prefer Devil May Cry over NG. Ninja Gaiden Black is still a prefect Video game.

even though I only got a few chances to play devil may cry and ninja gayden, I always preferred ninja gayden.

Hmmm

I liked ME1. I liked it a lot. I liked it enough to get into reading the Codex and enjoying it like an autist. I liked it enough that I played ME2 and ME3, and ended up, in hindsight, not liking them very much.
ME1 is not one of the best games ever. It's just a good (but very flawed) game that had some extremely dumbed-down sequels. Don't make it more than it is.

Anyway, to actually follow the topic, I'd choose Link to the Past as one of the best games ever. That's not a very interesting or original opinion, but still. It was the first game I ever beat, and the first game that I didn't treat like an arcade game, where the only point is overcoming the immediate challenge. It made me realize that games could be long-form. It told a story, let me get new gear that unlocked features, and let me save my game. It was persistent. It blew eight-year-old me away.

Great thread OP

Pure (((Coincidence)))

Fuck, forgot my downvote
But at least I got dubs

kotor and the first ME weren't bad necessarily, but they're no GOTYAY material.

I appreciate your opinion on it and I agree with what you said about ME1.

Okay you disagree. maybe they were in my favorite list, but I see alot of people complaining they disagree with me and acting suspicious like they don't know we have fucking ID's here or something, and yet not alot of people at all are making any constructive posts or sharing much of what was on their favorite lists. I encourage you to disagree if you need to but please share. prove me wrong eh? show me something that blows me away. if it I does, I'll come back one day and admit it was good.

cmon people. don't bitch and moan. I started a good thread, lets finish it together.

fucking mod asshole shadow bumplocked anchored this thread for no fucking damn reason at all. fuck you. you inconsiderate piece of shit.

I want to fug Misty.

Anons like you remind me that no matter how bad I fuck up I'll never be as much of a retard as you.