Hardware Recommendation thread. I'm looking for some decent headphones, are there any recommendations?

Hardware Recommendation thread. I'm looking for some decent headphones, are there any recommendations?

Other urls found in this thread:

en-us.sennheiser.com/best-audio-headphones-high-end-stereo-hifi-hd-600
jdslabs.com/products/35/objective2-headphone-amplifier/
amazon.com/Blue-Snowball-Microphone-Gloss-Black/dp/B002OO18NS
amazon.com/Blue-Yeti-USB-Microphone-Blackout/dp/B00N1YPXW2
amazon.com/Audio-Technica-ATH-M20x-Professional-Monitor-Headphones/dp/B00HVLUR18/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1513319434&sr=8-6&keywords=audio technica headphones
amazon.com/AOC-AG271QX-Gaming-Monitor-144hz/dp/B01G5JYN0C/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1513333970&sr=8-5&keywords=aoc gaming monitor
amazon.com/dp/B00ZOO348C/ref=twister_B01GKN948O?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&coliid=I3CTFT75JD1EAU&colid=R5GM3GHBC50R
turtlebeach.com/
www2.lbl.gov/Science-Articles/Archive/duct-tape-HVAC.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You're going to have to be far more specific than that. Do you have a DAC? What's your price range? How fat are you, and how big is your head? Is emitting external noise an issue?

Don't know what that is, so I'm guessing "No."
I looked it up, I don't
Asking for it asa christmas present, probably no more than $75
Not very at all.
No.
My biggest issue is that most headphones have cords that are a bit too short for how far my computer is in distance. About 3 feet is a little too short.

I don't know but I bought these Edifier H850. They haven't arrived yet but from how the reviews were written and the price, it should be at least decent. Right?

MDRV6. Studio-grade, just under $75, 10 foot cable.

Jesus christ

The 7506's are good too. Only like 60, industry standard flat response monitors.

For closed and neutral I would recommend the Sennheiser 598 Cs, for other types (open/base heavy/etc) I have no recommendation since I don't prefer them.

That'd be another fine option, yes. Another benefit to their extremely widespread use is that ear pad replacements are cheap as fuck.

I'd recommend spending more on your headphones. Save up and get something nice rather than something meh.

I have a pair of AKG K 702. They feel really nice, have a detachable cable so you can get any length you can find. They don't block sound very well but works for my job since people are always trying to grab my attention and its quiet at home.

I tend to be cheap on everything I can but not when it comes to headphones.

Cheap non shit mouse. I always feel like mice are the hardest to get. Any anons have some favorites?

I've been using the same 15 dollar logitech mouse I bought in 2006 or so. I've gotten other mice from friends that have broken, and then gone back to this one. Those Microsoft wireless USB mice are also much better than you would think, but I've lost mine since it's fucking cordless.

I like mine but I used a real mouse a while back and it felt so much better in my hand. Maybe I just need a bigger mouse because the logitech ones tend to be pretty small.

I'm aware this is out of your price range, but I also don't care; once you invest in a quality pair of headphones, you'll wonder how you ever survived with plebeian equipment before then.

Sennheiser HD 600
en-us.sennheiser.com/best-audio-headphones-high-end-stereo-hifi-hd-600

Objective2 Amp
jdslabs.com/products/35/objective2-headphone-amplifier/

As long as you avoid Razer, with mice you typically get what you pay for. If you don't give a fuck, you can try your luck with one of the dozens of flashy $15 chink gayman mice on amazon, and if it lasts a year, well, that's about how long modern deathadders last anyway. Personally I'd go with a G502, but that's going to be out of your price range.

I use the Superlux. They're very effective, fairly sturdy and pretty cheap. The other one I got lasted me nearly two years, so I'd say I got my money's worth.

That's not very nice, user.

Oculus Rift or HTC Vive?
No, you can't change my mind about getting VR, just help me choose.

Did they try to make it heavier so it seems better made?

Vive is the obvious choice, but the correct answer is to wait and see what (CURRENT YEAR+3) has in store for VR.

(czech'd)
Yes, by using cast zinc components.

How is that even a question? Obviously the Vive, you nigger.

Yep. Approximate production cost per pair of Beats is around 26 dollars, but they sell them for 300.

At this point in time, it's probably better to wait for the second generation of VR.

If you can't wait, Vive is the objectively better choice. Better tracking, better support, more games, pirated VR games work more easily, knuckles controllers, deluxe audio strap (although having tried one personally, not worth the cash) and also wireless options.

t.vive owner

Vive

Neither, VR is a meme.

Do /g/ or Holla Forums also have a microphone guide? I could use one

F U C K
And I'm asking for this shit for Christmas, too. It's fucking expensive.

but how would you know?

Than don't get it, its that fucking simple you nigger. Get something else.

Pretty much this
The 668b are pretty good for games in general
The 662 EVO is a bit more fragile but is closed and I think also sound better in general usage (aka it's not just good for games)
Neither are particularly good headphones but you're not gonna find much that beats them unless you're willing to pay several times the price they cost.

The HD202 is absolute earcancer that even no name headphones beat easily for cheaper and the portapro is so fragile you only have to put a somewhat bassy thing through it bit too loud through it to fuck up the plastic membrane of the driver.

I mean, the Oculus is cheaper, but it's owned by Kikebook, and people everywhere not just Holla Forums tell me the vive is better.

amazon.com/Blue-Snowball-Microphone-Gloss-Black/dp/B002OO18NS
or
amazon.com/Blue-Yeti-USB-Microphone-Blackout/dp/B00N1YPXW2

You have to be over 18 to post here, user.

Because of the two, vive is way better. But this shit aint cheap, just ask for something else.

What country, user?

they really upped the price on the snowball for the holidays. shit was like $30 a couple months ago.

Monkey soup land.

Maybe I can scrounge up savings and combine them with any money I might get to get the Vive.

here at Holla Forums, we steal everything

You steal physical objects like a nigger?
This is a HARDWARE thread, user.

I think you might be thinking of one of the cheaper models.

Shit, I'm sorry fam.

Brazil?

I do actually. I just don't like leeching off of them too much. You know you could work for a whole ONE MONTH and buy the Vive, right?

Yeah.

You know, I would but my shitty fucking company's contract fell through, so everyone including all my coworkers and and my boss were laid off, and I'm saving as much as I can for food and shit.

Strongly suggest these or the Samson SR850 (same drivers, different frame, velour cups, but not detachable). Best value headphones on the market when I picked them up last year.

You don't have savings if you don't got a couple of months of rent and bills user.

Sennheiser makes gaming stuff now apparently.
Are they shit?

Really wouldn't recommend buying a headset under any circumstances.

How do I into microphone then?
Clip on mic on my shirt that doesn't suck?

Looking for a new main monitor:

1440p/144hz
IPS
around 5ms
34" preferable but open to 27" if someone has thoughts about these 2

the only thing that matters now:
www.rtings.com

all subjective ratings are now worthless

Start with quality headphones, and if you care about voice quality, get a quality standalone mic. If you don't care about voice quality, just get one of the dirt cheap chinese modmic clones.

Also have a hardware question:
I want to upgrade my SSD.
For the purpose of gaming, does it really matter if the write speeds on my SSD are shittier than average? It seems that every SSD has near the same read speeds barren the recent high end ones,most consumer units are close in read speeds, and my conclusion is that i should be able to buy a cheapo one and get away with good results.

headsets are for couch players, so 90% console users.

can you even push 144hz at that res in anything but multiplayer fps crap?

Can my piece of shit be salvaged in any way?

An important lesson that I learned is: You get what you pay for. It'll be faster than your typical HDD but slower than the average SSD.

If you really want headphones that works just get a HyperX Cloud II or something

Seems pretty shit. Bought the game zero one during black friday and immediately returned it after ten minutes of using it.

Come on now, I've been using a PC151 headset since it came out and the sound quality is still rock solid.

Nigger what are you doing? If the screen is too large and resolution too low your pixels will be gigantic.

From my experience, it really depends on the game and your hardware. On a GTX 750 Ti and an AMD A10-5700 I can get older games running at 1440p 144Hz pretty easily, while Shadow Warrior reboot-era stuff often run acceptably if a couple performance-draining settings are lowered. The Talos Principle completely shits itself on my rig at this resolution and I haven't tested Titanfall 2 or most of my Windows games with this yet. If you have a better rig than mine and are willing to run games a bit below ultra on the latest current year+2 AAA games which you should avoid anyhow, 1440p 144Hz is doable and a nice upgrade over 1080p without going to 4k levels of ridiculousness.

That's why I asked for advice brah. I'd heard reports the pixel density wasn't bad at all, but didn't want to risk if if there was the slightest chance it was.

meant for

Ehhhhh. 1440@34" has 86 PPI, which is about the same as a 26" 1080p display, which isn't great, to put it mildly.

Public Service Announcement:
DO NOT get an Astro. To be fair, the mixamp is alright, so if you can grab it for cheap, then just do that, but the headset is poorly designed and not worth a fraction of the price.

Funny thing really, I never considered headsets to be a "gamer" thing, but when my boss wanted me to buy some office supplies, he advised against headsets on the basis of
Is that what headsets are seen as now? I thought they'd be a comfortable tool for Skype chat since whenever I see anybody use anything but the professional stand mic or a headset sounds like they're underwater. And why do kids keep buying the GAMER gear, when do they stop being fucking retards and see that it's nothing but a word and some bright plastic?

If you've ever seen a 27 inch 1080p monitor, it looks pretty bad and needs some weird monitor postprocessing bullshit to look remotely okay. A 1440p monitor at 27 inches will have similar PPI to a 20.5 inch 1080p screen, while a 32 inch 4k monitor will have similar PPI to a 22 inch 1440p screen.
tl;dr 27" is 1440p's sweet spot and anything over that is 4k territory, aka impractical for vidya for several years.

can' trick me jhonny, but i still believe you re gay as fuck

Everything about this image is so clever. Holy shit, what an excellent image.

I don't understand the price. Is there shipping fees missing?

I mean it's impressive, but it's not something noteworthy. Are you this guy ?

No, I'm just extremely tired and for some reason seeing this image scrolling through the first page of Holla Forums inspired me with some autistic sense of nostalgia that I simply had to profess my elaborate, probably unnecessary praise for. Frankly speaking, it's as if I beheld a cosmic miracle looking at that image. I really don't understand what's happening. There's enough jokes in your face, but then there are other things that are subtle, that you wouldn't notice if you looked again. To the glance, it's appealing. To the detailed look, it's also appealing. To a critical inspection, it's aesthetically perfect. It is a Shakespearean play in .png format, suitable and relevant to all audiences: the magnum opus of image-board culture.

I was going to edit it a bit more, but my inspect element started freaking out and some of the spacing was uneditable without fucking it up severely
the "88" in the total is real, I shoulda made it 666 tho

>he doesn't have the good goy amazion package
i get it for half price even tho I'm out of college now and music (((streaming))) for free too so it's worth the 50 bucks.

Most headphones eventually crack and break around my fat head. These Superlux have held up pretty well.

Have these on right now and they're great. Some people report them as being a bit tight on the noggin but you can stretch the metal bits to make them fit perfectly.
Honestly there is absolutely zero need for a headset costing hundreds, most people literally can't hear the difference.

I don't use amazon.

I have a sony MDR-V6. Is there anyway to make it less tight? Its so good but it hurts to wear.

Not using cards online? Last I checked, coinstar doesn't charge to give you amazon credit.

Is that the newer model of 202? I have an older pair and they're great.

Lightly bend the band apart and it'll loosen up nicely.

Thankz

That was a long ass time ago, around the Far Cry 1 release.
Maybe I got a defective pair back then if because there's no way anybody with functional ears would have said that after using my pair.

You can easily ear the difference between a very pricy headset and a cheap one, (depends on which ones and what price range difference you're talking about but for the most part it's true), oftentimes the difference isn't really worth the pricetag though unless you're pursuing very specific uses
For a practical example if you're just mainly playing videogames I would just go for a pair of 668b but if you're really invested into competitive FPS at a decently high level maybe dropping 100-200 bucks on a pair of K7xx is not a bad decision

If you HAVE to go with headphones, then save up for a Sennheiser hd 650 (or a Massdrop hd 6xx, when they come around every so often). If you have the choice, go with a speaker setup. A pair of JBL lsr305 studio monitors will beat any headphone out there and is only around $200 (was on sale around black friday for about $170). This is from first hand experience. I've compared cheap and expensive headphone AND speaker setups. There's a hifi audio store near where I live that has a huge range of headphones and speakers that I spent hours auditioning. They had most of the Grado line(sr60 to sr325,rs1,etc), a large Sennheiser collection(hd600,hd650,hd800,etc), Beyerdynamics, Sonys, AKG, others that I don't quite remember. And in addition a large array of speaker setups like various B&W 800 series setups, Magnepans, Martin Logans (holy hell the listening fatigue on those things), Wilson Audios (including a balls to the wall Alexandria X2 setup with class-a monoblocks totaling something around $170,000 iirc). I also compared these to my lowly discontinued Energy rc-10 speakers and cheap Radioshack am/fm headphones. The differences between the headphones themselves were relatively minor at best. All the Grados sounded like ear grating dog shit. My radioshacks sounded better. The only notable Sennheisers were the hd650 and hd 800. The hd 800 would have generally sounded the best except it had a fatiguing high frequency response. The hd650 was the most balanced and more or less the only bearable headphone. The difference between my radioshack headphones and the hd 650 was at best something I'd pay $100 for. The people that note large differences between headphones are just trying to justify their wasted money and repress their buyers remorse. Or they're shilling for shekels. I easily preferred my speakers over any of the headphones.

You can't deny physics.The differences between headphones and speakers are incomparable. Barring individual hrtf adjusted motion tracked virtual sound fields, A pair of speaker strapped to you ears is NEVER going to sound as good as a pair of speakers sitting in front of you. It's like asking a guy with no legs to play football quarterback. He may be the strongest most athletic legless guy in the world, but even the lankiest dude with legs will perform better than him.

Also with speakers, after a certain baseline level of performance (i.e, a properly designed speaker with a decent polar response, no cone breakup/resonances in the usable range, doesn't do any wierd monkey business through its crossover region, and an amp that doesn't have crossover distortion) the entire room setup ends up effecting the sound quality much more than the actual speakers themselves. A JBL lsr305 setup in a properly treated room will sound infinitely better than a pair of $3000 Genelecs in a concrete basement.

TL;DR: Get a speaker setup. If you can't, save up for an HD650.

What does this even mean? Half of the sound is going to be cut out by ambient noise with a speaker. If I'm watching a movie, I may need to re-watch some dialogue when a truck goes by. Can't just crank it up to overpower everything else and wake the neighbors.

Wrong. For action vidya, good spatial audio is most important and decent cans + HRTF are the kings of spatial audio unless you have a fancy ambisonics system and one of fuckall games that support it (limited to newer Codemasters vidya, manually adding the latest OpenAL-Soft builds to OpenAL games, and Steam Audio).

He's also assuming everyone's ears are in perfect health. Mine have been pretty fucked since I was six years old, so I would hear almost no difference between a $40 set of earbud headphones and some ridiculous home theater system that costs over $10K.

Any suggestion for OP

I have a pair of Audio-Technica ATH-M20x

Usually go for $50, really sound pretty damn good.

amazon.com/Audio-Technica-ATH-M20x-Professional-Monitor-Headphones/dp/B00HVLUR18/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1513319434&sr=8-6&keywords=audio technica headphones

huh, wearing the pm3s right now

Wait for the second generation. If you're impatient and have cash to burn then get the Vive for fuck's sake. Oculus should be off the books just by virtue of being owned by Faceberg.

I was too vague with the term good. Yes for sound localization something like an er-4s under earmuffs would probably be the best. Ambiphonics is great but way too restrictive. I was going off OP's context in that he didn't even know what a dac was so he's probably asking about a headphone for general purpose instead of a specific task. And for that I'd still recommend a speaker setup over a headphones, unless his situation restricts him to only using headphones. Which then I still think the hd650 is the best overall choice.

Headphone performance has really kind of plateaued. I think the next big leap will indeed be motion tracked virtual sound fields. This will most likely be through VR headsets. So connecting an hd 650 to one would yield a good result since it has a smooth frequency response with no funky peaks/dips or resonances/breakups, a sound long term investment.

$50? better wait and purchase the m40x model, goes for $99 without sale (got mine for 79€) and they are fantastic, also purchased hm5 angled earpads and they are so comfy without loss of sound.

All in all, for gaming/cheaper/more bass, go for the superlux 668b, unbeatable price-value.
even though, i must say, i've been trying the m40x for casual gaming (no CS/e-sports shit) and they work fine

Well it's modern Sennheiser so of course it's going to be shit.

If you've got an AMD card then either one of these. I've got the Asus and it's fucking great
amazon.com/AOC-AG271QX-Gaming-Monitor-144hz/dp/B01G5JYN0C/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1513333970&sr=8-5&keywords=aoc gaming monitor

amazon.com/dp/B00ZOO348C/ref=twister_B01GKN948O?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&coliid=I3CTFT75JD1EAU&colid=R5GM3GHBC50R

It's so fast it shouldn't matter too much anyway. If you were debating nvme vs sata it would be a bit of a different story.

These are good as a first time pair of cans, but the clamping force is annoying as hell and velour earpads are a necessity.

You're either a mad poorfag or you haven't tried a decent pair of headphones driven by a decent DAC and amp.

Beyerdynamic DT770 PRO is among the best purchases I have ever done.
I've owned it for 5 years now, taken it everywhere, dropped it plenty of times, it still looks as new and I've never had to change anything about them.
Drawback is the portability; it cant go around your neck without holding your chin up.

I have shure and audiotechnica m30x and i still prefer pic related.

I'm able to wear these for 6-7 hours straight without getting headache unlike iems and over ear headphones.

$10 VE Monk Plus
Google it

I can vouch for the beyerdynamic DT770, good stuff.
Comfy, decent isolation, good sound and bass. Been hearing things in songs that I've never heard before.

You need headphones with either bigger cups, or you need to flex your band until it fits very lightly around your head. Headphone fit is extremely personal, and it's very unlikely that you're going to find a pair that has the perfect level of snugness for the exact dimensions of your head.

my friend got a pair of those from BestBuy when they first came out, and they had a warranty that if they break, they'll replace them no questions asked. So any time they even got a slight scuff or mark, my friend would snap his headphones in half and bring them to BestBuy to get a new pair. Not exaggerating, he must have burned through 20 pairs in a year.

I got a pair of these
the sound quality is nice and they've lasted me a long-ass time, but I gotta say they do not isolate sound at all
just keep that in mind in case any of you want to watch loud degenerate porn in your parents basement or something.

I've been using AKG K240's in my recording studio for years, and also use them for gaming. You can find them for $60-70. Good sound quality and super comfortable. They are quite commonly used for podcasts, and you'll notice these in a lot of studios. They're not isolating, so it's not ideal if you're trying to fully contain the sound, but for the price, it's probably the best deal.

Never really thought of Philips as being a company to produce good headphones, but god damn.
I got a pair of Fidelio X2s and they're great. Soundstage is clear but not too wide. Generally neutral-sounding. Also, they're wide open, so if you've got background noise, it won't be muffled in the slightest. Can't really describe it as a sound leak when they're this open. Really solid build quality and extremely comfortable. They feel like something much more expensive in that good way. Might have some heft to them, but they sit very nicely on the head.
I remember some controversy popping up when they switched manufacturers at some point, apparently with a measurable dip in sound quality, but the originals are just peachy.

did Holla Forums and Holla Forums or 8ch/g/ ever team up to figure out how to make those cheap 1cent speakers? you know, aluminum foil and pennies? or do those start fires?

I have a SHP9500, they're pretty comfortable and sounds good, but my head's a little small for them. If I move my head forward or back, they slide around and I'll have to reposition them. Makes it difficult to use laying down, but that's a rarity. I'm pretty sure they don't isolate at all, but again it's not a problem for me.
I'm no audiophile, but the specs are good enough to justify the $75 I paid for them. Had them since July and haven't had a problem

Gonna throw this out; most gaming headsets are meme tier but some of them do the surround sound emulation. I don't know how the fuck it works, but it does, tank shells sound like they whizz by and shit. Audio quality wise, they all seem the same 50mm drivers/speakers/whatever with the same sound ranges though. I'm fucking around with the corsair voids (wireless) atm and I like them. I also didn't pay full price; I work in a tech shop, bought them on sale, and my staff discount went onto that too so I paid less than half price in the end.

Seconding this, they're fucking amazing and are super comfortable even for someone who wears these damn things nearly all day. One downside and that might be about that manufacturer switch is that after a few months I had to pop them open and fix up the headphone jack plug because it became loose & lost sound in the right cup. Fantastic sound quality but they also leak sound like a motherfucker so be aware of that if you want to be listening to something on loud volume around people.

Enjoy your deteriorating earpads within 6 months unless you shell out another $30 for the Beyerdynamic velour ones.

Hm. I've had mine for around two years, also pretty much wearing them all the time. Hanging on to the jack just as firmly as ever. I'd probably be happier if it were a little looser, on the off chance that I ever get around to tripping on the very pleasant and replaceable kevlar-covered 9 foot cable.

Hey bro, have you checked out any of the offerings form America's #1 gaming headset manufacturer, Turtle Beach? Epic sound at an affordable price, you really can't go wrong.

turtlebeach.com/

Thanks user

They should last at least two years of heavy use before you need to replace the pads, though it wouldn't surprise me if someone with highly acidic sweat can dissolve them within 6 months.

The headband on my ATX-M10s snapped. Does anyone know where I can find a replacement? If not, what repair methods are recommended?

It's a preference thing. I prefer open design, so it's a bit more like listening to speakers.

That's a pretty gay list, AUdio Technica m50's are nigger headphones with bad boosted bass. DT770 are the best headphones you can get under 200 bucks. There is a reason why these are used in so many audio studios. If you buy something in the 500+ range, go for the hd800. I own the T1 and they are great, but the hd800 is a bit better.

I avoid Philips because everything else they make is gay as fuck.

white people use the dt770, m50 or m50x are used by niggers.

look what youtubers use, niggers always use those weird ass headphones.

got a Sennheiser Game Zero review attached

Just buy a desk mic, or get one of those mod mics that you can attach to your headphones.

Thanks for the tip, user, I'll have to grab those. Also sure, but it's the only thing wrong with them imo.

I'd like something more permanent and less unsightly.

what the fuck is wrong with you

Any opinions on the Sennheiser 598 SR Open Backed? I see a pair at a good price new on my countries EBay clone with just over an hour left. They seem to be generally liked though apparently aren't as up there as the original 598.

Nice dubs, but your ID is off by one. Also you're a retard. Duct tape is neither permanent nor proper looking.

What kind of pleb quality offbrand ducttape have you been using? Good ducttape is permanent and looks objectively beautiful. No debate.

Stating your opinions as facts doesn't make it so, and saying "no debate" doesn't mean you win.

When using Duct tape for what the name implies, sealing Ductwork, it becomes brittle and falls off. In the words of Max Sherman, a scientist/engineer who works at the Department of Energy.
So no, duct tape is not permanent. Even supposedly good ducttape isn't permanent. However in the short term Duct Tape is great.
www2.lbl.gov/Science-Articles/Archive/duct-tape-HVAC.html

As for calling it beautiful, that's just your opinion. Personally duct tape looks tacky huehuehue, no matter what color it is or what pattern is on it.

Funny.

Nice video, would like to get some open cans for the spacial audio but I also don't live alone so I don't really want every lewd thing to be blasted into the flat.
Also: Is noise cancelling a meme?

Why the fuck is the M50 meme being pushed? They're shit for music and for gaming; it always sounds like everything is in the center. The bass is too fucking much, unless if you're a nigger.

Definitely agree more with . Alternatively, if you don't mind using open headphones (only good for home use, not portable), see if you can get some refurbished K712 pros. Really incredible headphones with a DAC.

My sister bought those Audio Technica ATH-AD700's which look hilarious on her tiny face. Sounds pretty nice though. I'd still go for the Beyerdynamic if you have the money.

The real question is: Do you have a DAC+AMP combo.

Do you have a speaker set to suggest over a headset then?

Headphones or Headset?
If headset, Kingston HyperX Cloud II

It's really just a takstar Pro80 with a strapped mic and a 30 bucks markup

Fuck off

I've always had a hard time with headphones OP. I have a relatively big head and ears, and I wear glasses so they become uncomfortable to wear for more than 2 hours. I tend to opt for earbuds most of the time, but the quality is absolute garbage. If you meet a similar criteria, I recommend either audio technica or senheisser in the ~70 USD range.

If you are looking for headsets, don't that shit is overpriced and tends to break within a year of good use. It is better to find a separate mic.

My techincas have lasted me a little over 2 years and so far I have not had any hardware issues.

Hey I'm happy with it so far and I need my mic to be on my head since I have no space on my desk. Logitech absolutely sucks

I been using the Philips Fidelio x2 with a Shiit stack uber and loving them. Sound is great and the comfort is top notch

I can't use anything else. Once I tasted the pleasure of total sound isolation from shoving a silicon dildo in my ear I couldn't go back. Even sitting at home playing games on my couch there's bullshit like the AC, the dishwasher, the clothes washer, the neighbors, etc. all making noise. These things block out EVERYTHING.

Relax this it isn't a Turbo-Man or anything.

Using in-ears for a long time can get you a visit at the doc if you don't watch out

They're actually far, far better for your hearing because you can turn the volume down way lower than you usually would need to thanks to not having to overpower external sounds.

What? No they are just crammed into your ear cannal, it doesn't get any closer, which is also what I was referring to if you don't watch out you can shove the shit your ear produces all the way back to the end where it'll build up

what the fuck is wrong with your ears?

Should get an old Microsoft mouse or a Zowie FK1+, I don't have anything to else to add because I had amazing things about the Microsoft mice and I tried the Zowie.

Nearfield: JBL LSR305 (sometimes on sale down to $80 each)

Farfield: JBL LSR308

B&H had a sale on the LSR308 for $129 each that literally ended like 2 minutes ago, lowest price I've ever seen them go. They are probably the best speakers any normal person can afford.

I had an ime 3.0 about a decade ago. I rage slammed the mouse one day and broke the left click. It was good but it was really large. I personally like the traditional ime1 mouse profile since I'm more of a fingertip grip than a palm grip which the ime3.0 is designed for.

fk mouses are kind of small to be quite honest

7506. Anyone complaining about ear pad deterioration is probably oily skinned and non white.

I got Pioneer Se-m521 as a gift today. It says here it was sold for roughly 45 bucks while amazon is selling it for almost half that price. It's supposed to be a movie/music listening device, but it doesn't have a volume control knob, it's really quiet considering I've turned everything to 11, the base is weaker than on my $20 Sony earplugs and there's a constant buzzing noise heard when everything is muted.
So in short, don't buy this or gift this. Disappointment all around.

Does Pioneer even make their own headphones? Aren't those just rebranded headphones?

head sets are gay
can we talk about mice for just a second? I need a durable and sturdy one with buttons on the left side and optionally on the right. Just a brand recommendation would be nice and i can take it from there.

Zowie FK

thanks ill check it out

My Logitech M705 has served me well for a couple of years now. I know there are lots of better mice out there, but this is the one I can safely vouch for.
yeah, I know, but I need to carry it around with my laptop

i used to get logitech all the time but then i realised i was getting logitech ALL THE TIME. Shit always breaks on me i dont trust them for shit.
Which is a shame because their wireless ps2 controllers back in the day were fucking bitchin.

I'm retarded and forgot to bookmark it month or two ago.
What are some mice with 5-8 buttons on the left side, which are also comfortable for gorilla hands, and are not razer naga hex?

My controller died and i need a new one, i mostly play emulated stuff
Rec away

I know it's just marketing, but still twists my knickers.

Since this is up: The best a PS3 slim can take HDD-wise is a 1.5 TB drive, correct? Not trying to pirate. There's just a fuckton of othermarket games on digital I need to sink teeth into.

Ah, and what's a good substitute for a DS3 when one doesn't feel like gambling in pawn shops or hunting for cheap eBay deals only to be cursed with shit Chinese knockoffs?

You know that ZD-V+ controller some anons keep shilling in the controller threads, turns out it's actually rather ok and it works for PS3 natively.
The worst parts about it are the cord being too short and the Dpad having a tendency to do diagonals if you press it too hard (no worse than an official DS4 though so if you have that as a reference you know what to expect), there's also the thing around the sticks that kinda gets in the way when you press the face buttons.
The buttons are a bit sharp on the edges and there's no triggers but analog buttons instead (rather easy to control but not as good as good triggers).but those aren't a big deal.
The sticks are where the controller surprised me, they're actual analog and not shitty 8 way switches, and they have slightly higher resistance than the stock DS3, they also lack the "bump" when you circle them around so they actually feel really fucking good for a 30 bucks chinese controller..

Any good recommendations with a volume/bass slider?

360, DS4, or Xbone.

Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro doesn't seem to be quite as good. The audio quality's okay, but they're oddly fragile for the construction. Audio cut out in the right ear after only a year.

If this happens it's almost always a break in the wire running to the driver. You can open up most headphones, de-solder the wire and fix this. The break will usually be just below the earpiece as this is subject to the most mechanical stress.

I've owned them for 2 years and had no problems. Headphones, especially Beyerdynamic are usually not too hard to fix anyway.

Just don't go for the Bluetooth meme.

pff, step aside noob.

I have Samson SR850s which are a rebrand of the HD668B IIRC. Lasted me a year so far but hot damn is the cable complete trash. Most of the cable is this awful plastic that doesn't bend at all like rubber does, only near the connector is there any flexibility. The cable has been repaired 3 times now because it's so shit and easily breakable. Maybe I just got unlucky and it was a factory defect but I really do hate the cable on it, otherwise a solid pair and I like the flat and open back design, not a fan of closed designs.

What's the MSRP for the RX 580? If prices ever normalize how much could I get one for? I really want a FAST GPU to play everything at good FPS and high settings. Also, when the fuck will DDR4 RAM stop being so overpriced? It's 10 bucks a gig in most places. 1600(x) + RX 570/580 would be cash.

I have a Sony mdr cd900st and an AKG K240 MKII.
I use them all the time since 2009, they're holding just fine.

No one cares if you are, also:

Is 1440p really worth it over 1080?

1600x with 580, here

Newegg had a sale on an ASUS OC 580 for IIRC 220 maybe a week ago. If you're in the US, you should be subscribed to those email promos, legit they will save you money. That's how I got my FlareX 3200 DDR4 2x8s for $175, when they had stabilized at $240 previously. RAM is super important for Ryzen.

Enjoy your butchered audio
Yes and no. If you want to hit around 60fps in most titles around medium-high settings then yeah it's good, but in 1080p you'll be hitting much higher framerates at the highest setting or close to it. It's up to the experience you want.

Unfortunately I am East European and the cheapest 580 is 280 euros, or 260 in Germany if I were to buy from Mindfactory.

Second half was meant for

I guess I'll just stick with 1080 then, as it doesn't require me to buy anything, and I've yet to be playing a game and think, "This would be so much better with 1.5x the resolution"

I'll probably wait another 6-8 years or so to build my next computer and by then 4k will probably be the standard.

Ouch. If Mindfactory there is like what Newegg is here (big technology/gadget website) then if possible, I'd recommend signing up for whatever mailing lists they have to stay up to date. You can even buy components a piece at a time if you really want, the downside being that you can't take too long with that approach, because if you open the box and the part is DOA but it's 6 months later - you wouldn't be able to return it.

Have been using the standard Astro A40 headset for some years now. Great sound quality and pretty durable. The connectors from the earpieces to the headband are metal instead of some cheap flimsy plastic.

It kinda is the best place to buy PC parts at reasonable prices all across the EU but more often than not even if you pay 10-20eur more it's worth to just buy locally because warranty and whatnot are easier to deal with, but sometimes they have really good deals.

HD419. I've had the same one for almost 7 years now, never let me down, good bass, decent mid-range and treble.
One thing to note though, the cable is flimsy, I tripped on it once and it fucking tore it off the jack.

After all this time the bass is starting to slightly lose punch, but that's to be expected if you crank it up like I stupidly did for years.

I see. The EU and the US might be different, but here, in order to compete with online retailers like Amazon, many have gotten much much better at making returns and refunds a painless process. I returned something to Newegg and it was as simple as printing a shipping label, attaching it to the box, and dropping it off at a local shipping company. Considering how much I saved across all of my components vs. what's available locally, the small chance of needing to return 1 or 2 items was worth ordering my parts online.

Still, if you're serious about looking into building a new PC, subscribe to their newsletter, and you might even go so far as to make their homepage your web browser's home page so that it opens as soon as you log on.

So what would be a good video card to get if you want to run most games at 1440p@60 fps?

VEGA or a 1070/1080, Maybe a 1070ti if you can find it for cheap enough to justify it.

thanks user

I wanna support amd because nvidia is cancer, but amd makes it very hard to support them with their shit hardware. Also can someone explain me how amd is still "the small group that needs our help"? Their gpu's are constantly sold out despite the fact that they are way to expensive.

I've been looking into getting a new set of open cans to replace my busted Astro A40s. I mainly use headphones for music and the occasional game.

I've been hearing good things about the DT990 Pro (250ohm), but I absolutely despise coiled cables (there's a 'limited edition' floating around with a straight cable but I don't really feel like waiting around for a month for it to arrive from Amazon when I could just get the standard version within a few days from a more local distributor, and I really don't want to deal with replacing the cable myself either).

Living in Australia is suffering. Half of the shit I see in threads like this aren't available unless you order from overseas and wait a month or so. It's a miracle that I was even able to find a local distributor for the DT990 as it is, but again it's the version with the shitty coiled cable.

why did you buy a gaming headset? Those things are lame as fuck.

I have heard rather bad things about them, like them being to high. Why not go for the dt770? They are exceptionally good headphones and a shitload of people love them for a good reason. They have very good bass and at the same time don't sound like nigger cans. Most headphones with "good bass" sound pretty shit.

a 980 ti is also a decent choice, you can get one for almost a hundred dollars less than a 1070 these days and the performance of non reference 980 ti's is on par with the 1070

Apparently you missed the part where I said I wanted a new set of open cans. And I've also heard the concerns about the excessive highs but a simple EQ tweak will likely fix that (also Z Review mentioned it in his review but said that he didn't even really notice it).

just get an m/f audio cable for like $1 off amazon fam

You know, I know this vagina doesn't exist. I know that when I put it on my beepis, the tengacup is telling my brain that it is real and life-like. After nine years, you know what I realize?

[Takes a fap of tengacup]

Ignorance is bliss.

yeah, missed that part. Well since you want something open, did you consider the dt1990? It's kind of expensive, but I only head good things about it so far.

Truly, some knowledge is not worth having. Consider yourself spared, because this is hell.

MDR-V6 user here
buying anything above MDR-V6 (or MDR-7506 which are pretty much the same headphones) is waste of money if you dont mind the ugly design
these headphones were literally industry standard in music business for over 20 years

Why does no one here talk about if the Sennheiser 590 is good? Its in the $120 price range, maybe $100 on special sales.

If you are going for best sound, are closed ear better than open ear? What I take is open ear is more like speakers, closed ear mutes surroundings and can hurt your ears due to being so loud, but good sounding.

What is the point of a DAC? Won't it add atleast 20ms of delay? I used a steel series $20 usb soundcard years ago and it had at least 20ms delay. (Adding bass, which is what DAC does, kind of defeats the purpose of having good metal music played since the song is already mastered by a sound engineer)

If you get DAC doesn't that make a dedicated sound card pointless? Is a dedicated sound card even useful?

You can't convince me in wasting $100 on a DAC, and $100 on a 590 Sennheiser and especially the Sennheiser 650 for $300. I'll stick with my Steelseries Siberia V2 headset that I've had for 6 years.

I'm interested in a beginner cheap t b h audio setup but i'm confused as fuck because all i do right now is plug my headphones into my pc
its my understanding that i should get a DAC and an amp and string them together before plugging my headphones into the amp
would these two oekakis 1 and 2 work together? and would i be able to get this virtual surround meme from them?

pls respond

Go to a nearby audio store that sells DACs/AMPs and see if you can listen to some stuff through your headphones with and without one to compare. Generally if your headphones have an impedance of less than 50 Ohms you do not need an Amplifier, 50 is pretty much the absolute minimum point at which you should consider using one.

mine are clocking in at 40 ohms so all i need is the DAC and i can hook that straight up to my headphones, right? i'd buy the amp if it doesnt work because of the impedance because im too autistic to visit a store with my headphones
will i be able to into virtual surround with the one i posted or is 5.1 what i want?

So you are telling that user that he doesn't need an AMP, but are you implying he should still get a DAC? Why does analog sound better, is it just a bass boost?

I'm kind of interested in getting a good pair of headphones now. Looking into the previously mentioned DT 770 / ATM50 / Sony V6.

I experienced with these things a bit. Don't buy soundcards, they are all the same. DAC's are useless without an amp. DAC's do a very simple job, so if you buy one get a cheap one. You should not spend more than 120 bucks on a dac. The most important thing is the amp, but even that one doesn't make a big difference. It will not make your music sound a lot better. That said, they do change the way your headphones sound.

I am tempted to purchase a Beyer DT 880 headphone, or the DT 990. Probably 600 ohm version. Am I better off picking the 990 because its better or something, they are almost the same price - $169 and $189.

Also if I get the 600 ohm one, I will probably get a Fiio E10k DAC-Amp, which is $70. Is it really… really worth it to go the 600 ohm -> DAC route? Will it actually do anything for sound quality in metal music?

It just feels bad to have to push out $260 just to get nice headphones. My decade old Logitech speakers sound pretty good at loud volumes. Still not fully convinced to make a purchase.

Is there anywhere you can try them out before you commit to the purchase? I really suggest doing so, I've bought pricey headphones before and not liked the way they sound, I don't suggest buying before trying to anyone.

I listen extensively to metal as well. Give the DT-100/150/109 series a look over. Despite the plain looks they are super comfy, extremely accurate/flat as far as response goes and are available in just about every impedance one could want. Also a really good pair of cans if you play an instrument and want to use the headphone jack on your amp.

I don't use a DAC, a FiiO Taishan is good enough to drive the pair of DT150s I have- but I imagine an actual DAC would be useful if you went with higher impedance since the volume is a bit lacking on FLAC and other high bitrate audio files. The Taishan also uses a optical in which ironically provides better sample rates than most USB DAC's can.

The one other recommendation I would make since in my opinion it contributes more to sound quality than even a pair of headphones (assuming you have something decent) is the 'Enhancer' addon for Winamp as it allows the spectrum of audio to be divided/expanded; instead of an EQ which 'bends' the quality of the audio to emphasize one portion of that spectrum or another.

So you have a DAC paired with your headphones. I'm at a loss why one needs this equipment. What warrants me needing one? My motherboard is an ASrock z87 Extreme 3, and has an okay sound output which gives a very small audio background hum, but the hum is not noisy. The DAC removes such hum? What else does it do, you mentioned it "drives" the headphones but I don't see how digital->analog would drive anything.

Also I listen to my music on Spotify, so I have no choice of FLAC for my power metal/symphonic metal. Would I really miss out on music depth in this case?

Someone over at Holla Forums told me about some over the ear studio monitors from Tascam with 50mm drivers that are around 25 dollars. Changed my life, hear things in songs I didn't know were there.

DACs are pretty much always a DAC+Amp combo. The DAC converts the digital sound signal to analogue, all sound cards do this as audio is analogue, the DAC in a DAC+Amp will generally be better than whatever is in your PC unless you have a dedicated sound card. The Amp increases the voltage of the analogue sound signal to a level suitable for higher impedance headphones. Although while I say this, my laptop is seemingly strong enough to power my 50 Ohm headphones, but if I don't use an Amp the mids and trebles are really muddy for some reason.

Just FYI, if you're sensitive to high frequencies then Beyers aren't for you.

Thanks for telling me. I get really tired listening to music these days, the lows, loud mids, and mainly highs ting my ears like a hammer after 30 minutes with speakers/Siberia V2 headphones, I want to stop listening. Turning down volume helps but the highs still hit like needles. Back to the drawing board?

Yea, i'll just have to experience a Fiio dac-amp with a high impedance headphone one day to see what this buzz is all about.

I think it's a great throwaway headset, I didn't expect it to last so long.

The 770, 880, and 990 aren't named off superiority; it's basically a similar headset tuned differently.

Hifiman He-560 are god-tier and went down in price from $900 to $500. Well worth it, although some people may have an aversion since its a chink company. You need an amp for them though, they are power hungry. But really good for music and games.

You will need a amplifier for 600 ohm headphones, a dac alone is not enough. As for sound quality… well this is something I can't record, unless I put a mic between my headphones… Anyway, it will not magically sound better. Many songs are badly mastered and a amp or good headphone will barely change that.

I own a aune x7s and I can tell you one thing, it does fix certain songs. On my default soundcard certain songs were broken, the highs were distorting. On my new amp the same spots are not broken. So there is that.

Anything that covers your whole ears and is made pre 2008 for sound quality. Otherwise it is a fucking botnet.
/thread

I'll take advantage of this thread and ask what does Holla Forums think of the Corsair Raptor HD30 ?
I live in a shithole where prices are high and supplies are low so if this isn't at least passable I won't get a headset at all.
This one is literally the only one I found that isn't chinkshit or a sennheiser priced at 5-10x the american price.

At 60 bucks you can still get better headphones. Superlux makes some very decent and cheap headphones. I can tell that these Raptor hd30 headphones are bad just by looking at their pictures. It's shitty plastic, very bad build quality (cranky headphones that easily break) and they probably sound like shit because they are made by a shit company. For 70 bucks you can get the Philips SHP9500, which are way better than those gaming headphones. Or if you wanna go cheaper than that buy Superlux headphones + a mic. I used to have the Superlux HD681, bought it for 19€ back then and they were very good for that price. Easily the best headphones you can get under 50 bucks.

Since I'm a poorfag in a high-tax country I'm getting the HyperX Cloud Stinger. Is it at least above mediocre? I'd have just gotten a Sennheiser HD206 but there were no trusted sellers with it in stock in my area.

$100
$100

How are tax rates affecting your decision again?

Does anyone recommend a good monitor that is:
Don't care about size too much unless it's ridiculous

all I can say is that those are pretty decent. Got a 1440p, 144hz TN screen and apart from the fact that it is a TN screen it's pretty hot. I can only assume that a IPS with these stats is miles ahead. A screen of this size makes a lot of things easier. Thanks to the high res I can have several pages next to each other, comes handy when you have to work on a word doc and need to do some research next to it. Or when you edit pictures and videos. If I hadn't wasted all my money on other shit I would buy a second screen.

Out of whatever's available here I made a list of possible choices within my budget:

Which one would you recommend? Or what else should I get?

Expensive often means better, but not always more durable. My sennheisers took a shit after 2 years of use, bought another pair (was careful as fuck with them mind you) and they only lasted a year and a half. I bought pic related, treated them like shit and they have been going strong for almost 3 years now despite being cheap.

seinheisser is best price/value you'll get.

Is it possible you can provide a link? Otherwise I don't really know what you are talking about

I can't provide a link, the one I bought is not what you need. I bought a Acer Predator XG270H, but it doesn't come with gsync and it's also not a ISP. This screen I bought is bad compared to what you want. All I am saying is that even this shit monitor I bought was worth it.

That's the issue none of those are sold in my shithole, only the hs30/hs40.
The only stores that sell electronics here are those LE GAYMER stores, or random places with chinkshit.
It doesn't help that literally nobody in my country does any kind of tech work, so there's no serious market for electronics. It's a split between office shit and alienware/madcatz tier hardware and peripherals.

Here's an overly long anecdote:

Last time I went to the supermarket there was a gaming-themed store inside the supermarket, they had a sign that said "Casual gamers this way < > Hardcore gamers this way" in the middle of the store. I walked in out of curiousity, but I was looking for a mouse at the time.
Some cyan haired woman who was in charge asked me if I'm a hardcore gamer. I tried not to scream from the top of my lungs as I answered I'm a hardcore gamer. She took me to the hardcore side.
The hardcore side had ps4s with sports games and first party sony trash like TLOU, aswell as a few popular 3rd party games and a couch with a ps4 and a screen where they let you demo things. The store was empty and I wanted to try gta 5, so I tried gta 5 while the cyan haired woman watched me (I was the only customer). We weirdly stared at each other for 10 minutes as the game loaded and I tried to ward off thoughts of finding her attractive,
When the game loaded I forgot I wasn't home and drove around for a while until she got impatient and told me to try a mission. It was a mission where you go to some drug factory I think besides a junkyard and shoot a bunch of gangsters as franklin through the linear insides of the store as lamar helped you, and then you come out of the other side with a 3 star wanted level that you have to escape. It was easy because gta 5 is a cover shooter, the gangsters only had pistols which they shot 2 shots at a time and the cops didn't even come at me as I hid in the rainwater drains until my wanted level disappeared. I killed everyone with headshots because the autoaim snapped into their heads if you horizontally moved the crosshair above them. When I completed the mission I looked at her and she was on the arm of the couch silently cheering, she told me nobody succeeded in the 3 months her customers were stuck in the mission.
She asked if I was going to buy anything and I said I was looking for a mouse, which made her drop the line "Oh I get it now you're a professional CS:GO gamer!". She took me behind the counter and raped me to make a baby and take my hardcore gamer wealth unlocked it, inside were a handful of Razer mouses and OEX keyboards.
I didn't buy any of those and asked to take a look at the casual side, it was about 1/4th of the size of the hardcore side, it had a few HP prebuilts, some DVD-era PC games, still-boxed PS2s, club penguin credit and those beige office keyboards. I apologized and went outside and into the supermarket itself, where I bought a logitech m58 office mouse which by the way is fucking shit and already broke in 1 year.

IPS monitors are fucking trash, good colors mean jack shit if the picture continuously smears shit and white outlines across the screen.

Does that guy have a video on his setup in terms of software? Because I think that side doesn't get as much love as the pure hardware porn and also causes quite a bit of problems in terms of audio

This is so fake and gay, should've banged her on the spot, fucking beta piece of shit

it's just normal ass foobar, nothing special

Oh, well that's unexpected, I had guessed that with his audio stuff he would go for some mpd and ncmpcpp setup or something

He isn't that good when it comes to audio, in some of his videos he is talking total bullshit. I only follow him around because he proudly shows off his autistic anime stuff.

Really? That's a bummer I was kinda looking to have some channel for more audio stuff while keeping a nice balance between purist and basic bitch consumer stuff

Well he isn't that bad, I still wouldn't use him as my primary source. In some of his videos he really struggles to describe the sound of the things he tests. Also he has this thing where he ignores the price of the things he tests. The Beyerdynamic t5p for example… He says that they are good headphones, and he is right, they are good, but not 1100€ good. They are WAY to expensive. And you know, he goes on about how they are decent headphones but doesn't even mention the fact that you can get better headphones at that price range. The t5p should cost around 550€, not 1100€ or whatever they go for right now.

I prefer this metal571 guy. He is not testing the fancy stuff, but in my opinion his videos are better organized and overall just better. And I would totally stay away from guys like HardwareCanucks and
this nigger called Marques Brownlee. Marques is obviously a stupid nigger who doesn't know what he is talking about but this HardwareCanucks guy is even worse. He is probably a paid shill. The generall rule is, if someone makes a claim, they have to explain it and prove it. You can't just say that X will blow you away and then not go into details on why it is supposedly so good.

Try Z reviews instead.

I was talking about Z Reviews. This Zeos guy is not as smart as everyone thinks he is. I want him to explain the sound difference between a schiit jotunheim, aune x7s+some dac and Fostex HPA4BL. Because all he said is that the fostex sounds softer. He is in right in one point, there is nothing wrong with expensive stuff as long as it is good, or cool. But sometimes I feel like he is trying to sell snake oil.

Oh, fug that video was Z reviews, I must have been watching older ones since his desk is different there.

Also as far as I know the "separation" he waffles about in this video is audiophile bullshit. Two signals running to the same ground will have next to no reverse effect unless the ground has high impedance, and every pair of headphones I have has negligible resistance between the out from each driver and ground, like

His subwoofer reviews are terrible as its focus is party tricks and loudness rather than on frequency range or accuracy. Practically nigger tier.

is the hori mini fight stick good start for beginners? i was gonna use it for DB fighterZ

Either way thanks for the advice I went and bought a logitech g402 instead.
I'll just hold onto my phone earbuds for now.

Bought myself a HD669 today, they are indeed pretty nice headphones. Comes with two cables, a short and a long one which is imo very nice. I usually only use the short one since I am on my computer all the time. That said, they are very ugly and feel cheaply made. The cheaper HD 681 headphone does not feel this cheaply made even thought it's only 19 bucks. Would definitally recommend those for anyone who needs a headphones below 50€.

I got Sennheiser HD 206 and a Blue Snowball mic to replace my Turtle Beach X12. Did I do good?

I got Shure 840 for $140 and FX-AUDIO DAC-X6 for $65 and shit is pretty comfy. I like the Z Review guy and these were on his recommendations. The DAC had USB which was simple with the headphones easy to drive.

I have a Samson Meteor Mic. I don't know anything about mics, but I feel like buying a usb mic was a bad idea.

If you're just using it to talk to people then it's fine.

Well, way cheaper mics also get the job done. The point is to get the best for your money, and I feel like this usb mics are scam.

Sony MDR V6s. Sound engineer industry standard for 20 years.

It's like you aren't even trying

I am toying with the idea of buying a Logitech G903. Currently have a g502 and I think the right mouse button is about to die. But the thing is that this mouse costs a hundred bucks. I have the money, but I hate spending money. And the thing is their wireless charging mousepad costs another hundred bucks.

What makes a DAC worth it?

Mice are easy to fix, as with any electrical device the most likely part to break is any part that moves/is subject to mechanical stress. In the case of a mouse this is the click actuators. Open up your mouse, solder off the right click actuator and replace it with one from another mouse you inevitably have lying around but don't use. Or if you don't just buy one (or a bunch for the future, trust me these always go eventually). You might prefer the latter as if you have different actuators on left and right they will sound and feel different, doesn't bother me but might bother you. I've been using a shitty mouse one of my sisters got with an Acer laptop for 5 years just by replacing actuators when they go.

Also a soldering iron shouldn't cost you much and if you actually try repairing things instead of chucking them it will pay for itself in no time.

Well there is basically no way around it if you have a amplifier. I don't think you want to hook your amp into your shitty onboard soundcard. I can tell you this, I tried 2 dacs, the Cambridge Audio DacMagic 100 and the schiit modi 2. I was not able to hear a difference between them. I sold my DacMagic 100 because I wanted my 150€ back but today I wish I had returned the modi 2 instead. I honestly don't understand the hype around them, these cheap schiit products are ugly as fuck.