Take Two Interactive announces an indie publishing label Private Division

Take Two Interactive announces an indie publishing label Private Division.

oneangrygamer.net/2017/12/take-two-interactive-announces-indie-publishing-label-private-division/46640/

Other urls found in this thread:

please
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Indie hasn't meant independent for a long time. Now it just means low budget.

If it's published it isn't independent then is it you fucking retards

Oh hey, another company name to add to the "never ever buy" list.

They still exist?

Pick one.

Take Two Interactive have experience with with Indies. Though it's in turning Irrational Games into Ghost Story Games with Bioshock Infinite.

Leaked first release from T2's the new indie publishing house. It's free to play now while it's in early access, but as it gets closer to release you'll be able to use real money to progress even faster.

This is truly a new Renaissance of video games we live in.

I don't even follow any of this shit and it sounds like cancer.

What's next, EA's new "indie label" Premium Reserve?

I don't see that was a useful distinction. Free Radical Design was killed by EA and Activision and they didn't even own them. Publisher independence is what actually matters. If they're publishing your game they can fuck with you in a billion ways without actually owning your studio.

please use archive.is/articles/2012-05-04-free-radical-vs-the-monsters

Did Eurogamer take a side against gamergate? I forget.

why would you need a publisher if steam exists?

Indie in the context of games, movies and music has always meant that it was not published or produced by a separate entity. What the flying fuck are you smoking? id Software was an indie studio until they were bought up by Bethesda.

Independent in this context is a fucking oxymoron.

you almost got me you cheeky bastard

That's another thing, Steam Greenlight and indie shit is another oxymoron.

I agree with you, but the first guy I replied to seems to be confused.

Steam greenlight was voting

That's the fault of Free Radical and the way they ran their studio and not a problem of the definition of the word. If they have to depend on a publisher despite being independent then clearly they fucked up somewhere along the line.

The Steam store itself is a publisher, they even take a cut of the money.

Yeah, they should call it the Steam Redflag instead.

The horrifying thing is I can't tell if you're joking or not.

You peasant consumers are too entitled to see that microtransactions are actually a good thing, goyim.

Best thing in the long run. Keeps the Timesplitters franchise from getting raped to death by current year business practices and writers.

yeah good question, perhaps anons can enlighten us their published games, because I sure forgot

nope, hasn't for a very long time.