I was thinking about getting Xenoblade 2 but I was wondering, how similar is it to Xenoblade X...

I was thinking about getting Xenoblade 2 but I was wondering, how similar is it to Xenoblade X? I am playing Xenoblade X right now and I have a plethora of problems with it:

Does the sequel fix any of those problems or does it stay roughly the same?

X could have been good. I often wonder what happened during development.

They are both masterpieces by glorious Nintendo.

Just play a real (C)RPG and you won't have any of those problems.

I hope you didn't buy X

>I hope you didn't buy X localized

Use the catalog.

Nothing from the [current year] though. They're filled with awful writing as well as watered down gameplay.

Having sunk well over 30 hours into Xenoblade 2 at this point, I can safely say that it wasn't worth the amount of money I put into it.

Poor environment design decisions, we barely have a fucking map, and you have enemies you encounter in the first hour of gameplay sitting in a field next to ones you won't be scratching at all until the endgame. Enemies that can see you from half a mile away and have no compunctions about instantly killing you from 3 counties away because for some reason AI can attack you from almost any distance.

Original Sin 2. And there's nothing more watered down than those bad Wizardry clones Japan keeps pumping out.

Original Sin 2 is a worse Original Sin 1 which even before the patch that removed all the fun strategies doesn't hold a candle to Baldur's Gate. Also the writing is so current year it'll give you eye cancer.

its shitty tbs combat and terribly lolllfosunney larian-tier writing ruined it though.

I take it you didn't play the first game? All of this was in the first game, as well as X. It's basically a staple at this point, even if it is shit. Besides, I think having high level enemies in low level areas is fun for late game when you return.

A key part of Xenoblade Chronicles has always been knowing when to fight and knowing when to do everything you can do avoid a fight. sounds like you're retarded and running around like an idiot. Those super strong enemies in the start of the game are designed to show you how weak you are, and to let you come back later in the game to beat the shit out of the super powerful monsters that destroyed you earlier.

I haven't gotten XC2 yet, I played XCX. It seems like what you're complaining about happens a lot in JRPGs. Do you know JRPGs that don't have cumbersome, un-intuitive UIs and shitty MMO quests?

I do agree, the text size sucked ass, it never gets better, though XC2 seems like it fixed it. And from what I've seen XC2 starts out really slow, it takes an hour or two for it to pick up. A big change from XCX. But I liked how XCX dumped you into so much, it made it feel like there was no hand holding fake tutorial mode for the first hour or two.

Everytime I look at or even hear XC2 it seems to be even more and more shit everytime. The abyssmal voice acting, generic artstyle, shitty gimmicky looking combat, no more mechs.

Its a giant smelly fucking mess compared to XC and XCX, which I both had an absolute blast playing.

When can we at least get a xenogears 2 or at least a directors cut of the first game?

Original Sin 2 is overrated. Round robin bullshit initiative system, armour being garbage, shitty Larian writing and SJWism along with bugs and awful Act 3 ruined it.

XC2 isn't XC:X's sequel, for one.

XC2's UI and text is a lot better and easier to read, and the game is story-based (like its actual prequel) rather than gameplay-based like XC:X was, so the story flows a lot better, though it takes a while to really open up and get going, even more so than the original, and it has a habit of gating important game mechanics until certain points (for example you can't even perform a chain attack no matter how hard you try until a specific point a few chapters in). Shit like this is going to really kill the game's replayability if they don't do something about it if/when they give us NG+ mode. Oh that's another thing - no NG+ mode yet unlike the original (no idea if XC:X had it, I never got around to actually finishing the game before getting rid of my Wii U and I can't be assed restarting from scratch in Cemu until they actually bother optimizing for it and not Zelda for once).

XC2 still has a lot of bullshit quests but at least it seems they've toned down on the kill quests compared to XC1, at least somewhat. Though the few special Blade-related quests I've done to date are fucking atrocious (particularly the Vess one - from what I've seen so far it's like they got the artists for each of these Blades to come up with their own fanfiction to put in as quests).

I love the Xenoblade series as a whole so far but god damn Monolith Soft really shit me off sometimes with some of their design decisions. At least this time around they're bothering to patch the game (we're supposed to be getting v1.1.1 in a couple of weeks which fixes a few bugs and has a few small quality of life changes as well - like actually having the map open up to where you are rather than forcing you to keep navigating to your location just to check the map, and another 1:1 zoom level for the minimap).

Also they're teasing NG+ mode for what I'm assuming will be another later patch (or hopefully even part of v1.1.1, I can't tell): www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/detail/xenoblade-chronicles-2-director-takahashi-on-first-post-launch-update

You didn't happen to get smacked by that gorilla they put in the first zone to troll new players did you? Last time I heard someone complaining about the out-of-depth enemies they were getting shit on by it repeatedly rather than going around its route. The game has plenty of problems but the mob placement is hardly one of them. Most times navigating them is the only thing stopping an area from being a game of leapfrog from one gather node to another.

ah yes, Holla Forums liked it and now the contrarians are here

I did
I am trying to like it and I see a shine of brilliance here and there but it is muddled by a lot of shit.

Just a couple of angry weebs.

You don't think they would put ng+ in the season pass as that "challenge mode" would they?

Rule #1 of goons on 8ch: when you have to smear a problematic japanese game, use elitism instead of calling it sexist.

nu/v/ played ME:Andromeda for months, trying to normalize it with fail memes like the 'autism waifu lel kawaii'

I think you're thinking of your home back on Reddit. Holla Forums shit on that game mercilessly and laughed at screenshots and webms of the retarded characters. Pretty sure none of us bought it. I'd be surprised if anyone here even bothered pirating it.

What?

So much this. It feels so good to come back and roflstomp those fags

They've explicitly stated that NG+ is going to be free for everyone.

Speaking as someone who played it on a homebrewed Wii U the text is too small to read from the couch half the time.

That kind of enemy placement is the bread and butter of Xenoblade, and a deliberate design decision which gives you a reason to go back to old areas later in the game rather than just clearing out an area and moving on, never to return like in most other JRPGs.

Nah he's right, some of the UI text was difficult even for me to read compared to other games when playing on my TV (a problem I've had with virtually no other games to date). It wasn't impossible but I would have preferred they at least gave us scaling options.

Those images might look fine up close on a monitor but it's a different story when you're sitting back on the couch playing on a TV.

I can only laugh at this statement.

There is a thread on Xenoblade already

They are two different games retard.

So you're asking for FFXIII?

Then why not just discuss it there instead of having two threads?

Why not discuss all nintendo games in one thread?

???