TENCENT - Could they be the nuclear strike the industry deserve?

The Chinese market is a crazy place, were western copyright laws are a joke, and the consumer have as much value as a human around a billion of others. And yet this company is not so slowly, but surely, taking a powerful role over all the gaming market.

Now, this company is absolutely massive, and it is sinking their claws around all the big Western companies, with very successful results for them. But I with the possible end of Paladins, by the update Cards Unbound, that was shown not much time after Tencent poured money into HRS, I wonder, what are the chances that his company, one that make billions through microtransactions on their games, clone games from western developers and really have not one single fuck to give for anything but China, would force companies in he West force their hands so much, that they would burn most bridges with consumers? I think the Paladins debacle might be the biggest sign that Tencent can and will fuck games even more in the future, but, could it end in some positive changes in a desperate industry, or are we going to be more and more under the tight, vigilant eyes of the gaming chink overlords?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/hg1gs
translate.google.com/translate
archive.is/BC1dP
archive.is/UOHH1
archive.is/Yzzs5
twitter.com/AnonBabble

So hey funny story, there are international commerce laws that disallow certain companies from exiting to an international body, and it requires a shit ton of legal footwork.
Sorry Tencent.
No monopoly.

Also this is basically the same thing as when tech industries finally went into mexico.
It's an emaciated market.

I imagine Trump will be playing 1488D from his Asia trip last month to trip up China and provoke them into escalations

>Jerusalem is totally the capital and holy city guys

Yeah m8 Trump is only pretending to be retarded, praise Israel.

Name one retarded thing he's done. Go ahead, I'll wait.
Bonus: Every thing he has done was to position things.

You realize we don't have to be at war with a country to deny market emigration.

Care to explain? I'm not well versed on international commerce. Does that mean the company can't just buy anything they want in the USA?

Yes, well as far as "products" no, but actual corporate mergers yes. It can be legally denied, at penalty of corporate assets.

how about letting a shitskin decide on net neutrality issue, or just letting shitskins and kikes into cabinet in general

b-but muh based trump

Why should I care again?

is funny a cultural marxist like you spend your day going on agaisn't kikes.
I actually am starting to like trump because of your shilling

this nigger thinks laws mean anything in the face of money

what a retard

>spics are fine if they come in legally, eseeeee pendejo!

>>>/suicide/ for never actually reading what it was

They do when they raid your ass.
You think general oil gave up peacefully because they were nice?

Here comes corporate shill to derail the thread.
How about you name at least one good western/chinise game released after 2004 instead?

Yakuza 0, Hitman '16, 100 Heroes - the bootleg league of legends with a botnet

L O L

raids are what happens when you don't pay the right people the money you owe them dumb dumb

Got a point to make or are you just going to spout muh corps are 2 beeg buzzwords.

-Divinity OS2
-Cuphead
-Total Warhammer 2
-Redout
-Endless Space 2
-Battlestar Galactica Deathlock
-Ashes of the Singularity
-Ultimate General
-Arma
-Project Reality
-Supreme Commander
-Crysis
-World in Conflict
-Command and Conquer 3
-Vicky 2
-Crusader Kings 2
-Europa Universalis 3
-The Quest
-Legend of Grimrock
-Underail
-NuCom
-Civ 4
-Medieval 2
-Shogun 2
-Elex
Would you like some more you absolute fucking faggot?

This was derailed quickly, but let's try to get on point again.
Tencent lives out of microtransactions, and that made them probably the BIGGEST publisher in the world. They are so big that even Nintendo can´t dream about the amount of money Tencen makes nowadays. I do think the big push EA tried on nuBF2 was, in part, because how successful Tencent really is.
They are basically getting rich doing the most horrible practices in the industry, and, of course, the other markets would not ignore that. archive.is/hg1gs

it was a commentary on corruption if anything.

also

I don't think I've ever given money to the Tencent kikes actually.
Good thing I never paid for a microtransaction in my life aside from a single one on Graal Online a decade and a half ago.

Do you know any info about their deals with the China governmment user?

While an argument like that might fly somewhere like the UK: (Runescape and Jagex being bought by a chinese gold mining company as in they used money from botting gold in runescape to buy runescape itself) it don't really work that way in america, and fiscally for the short term benefit it wouldn't be cost productive to jump countries twice to get bought by tencent, or to cover jumping countries for tencent to buy the company.

Sorry I don't speak eubonics

They're shit """games""", nigger.

What

Avoid the Chinese like a plague, here's how you can save the planet :
1. DO NOT BUY CHINESE PRODUCTS, always check the "Made in ___" label of shit you buys
2. DO NOT USE CHINESE APPS, they probably got a mining bot in it, always check the developer name or you risk your phone be a 24/7 botnet
3. DO NOT HIRE CHINESE EMPLOYEE, they will probably shit on you after you trust them, anything business with the chinks is a waste of time, theyre not humans.
4. DO NOT LET THE CHINESE BREED WITH YOUR KIND, they'll tell their kids to speak chinese and when they grow up to vote for pro-chinese politician in your country.
5. DO NOT LET THE CHINESE BUY LAND OR ANYTHING PROPERTY-RELATED also stay away from buying chinese properties.

Could you maybe try writing in english?
I can't seem to understand your garbled combination of letters.

Shaking
my
damn
head
to
be
honest
with
you
fam

Fucking retard.

Maybe you could try Google translate?
Here I'll link it for you, I sure hope you can understand me.
translate.google.com/translate

If you ever played anything with Unreal engine the the last four years, you did gave them some money. But legally, the government still have small direct power over them, but there is that new system of points the chinese government wants to push to rate citizens behavior, that Tencent need to be involved because of the sheer size and, more directly. Tencent did made a game so you could give applause to the China president speeches.

archive.is/BC1dP
archive.is/UOHH1
archive.is/Yzzs5

Is it even possible? I know many PC parts are made in Taiwan, but not all of them. And it is even worse for console owners.
Cellphones too.
China is really strong to be ignored like that. But, we can try.

Yep, I'm safe
Lots of shit I'm going to have to avoid now though which is a shame, I really enjoyed the Squad free weekends and the UT alpha.
Thats fucking disgusting, oil companies seem like saints compared to this shit.

YFW Nintendo is so cash-rich it can resist the buyouts from Tencent but Sony barely breaking even and the Playstation division barely keeping them afloat, and MS drowning in the red with their console division, will mean Nintendo saves gaming from an industry crash twice over.

Based!

nintendrones are delusional

NINTENDOMINATION

They could probably take over most of american and european gaming, maybe even including Sony or Microsoft, but japan would remain untouched due to their laws. I guess Tencent is the true endgame of all those FOTM massive online games.

On the best scenario, chinks are very incompetent, so if they took that big portion of western gaming they could probably endanger the kike's plan to prevent their industry from crashing.

All of those are shit, clones or SJW propaganda except couple of AA, borderline indie, strategies and reality mod.

the world would be better off if every chinese person killed themselves.

All of your favorite games are shit and furthermore all the systems you have owned throughout your life are all shit aside from the PS2 and the Gameboy.

Either elaborate or fuckoff

In order to save anything jewtendo should stop making physical DLCs and start making good games.
The last good jewtendo game was made in 1994.

I really liked Pokemon

rip

Sure is Holla Forums here.

Report and filter
They're blatant

Oh boy, we having a "Fuck China" thread?

Well doesn't that get the noggin joggin.

Jesus christ

How does it feel to have absolute faggot tier taste?

Do you have a single fact to back that up? Why wouldn't giga kikes just take over assuming they haven't already tencent?

Chinamen have a particular mentality: if something is cheap, then you have no right to ask for quality. This causes immense problems with western investors, who need to keep the fuckers on a short leash at all times. Read that again: QUARITY IS FOR FAT PIG, everyone else should and will get crap to maximize profit.

It would be interesting to see how the Chinese would manage the western companies once they monopolize the market. Note that this change won't be for the good, in any way whatsoever. Tencent is only interested in money, so expect more freemium, micro-transactions, skinner-box and cash-cows in the future. Thanks to their greed they'll stay in power no matter what.

Right on cue.

Gutter oil for cooking? I wonder how frail and weak chinese men are.

What do you think about a society which its people sues you for helping him to hospital after witnessing him getting wrecked in a car accident, "you help me because you did it to me", and the court eats that bullshit with a smile and telling people that it is better to kill people in a car crash because funeral and re-compensation is cheaper than medical bills.

Fuck. Even the our chinks dopplegangers themselves are tired of this bullshit and kikery. They may not speak English, we may not speak ching-chong; but there is one language people universally standards, and that is bullshit intolerance. But the last time they did that, it resulted in Tiananmen Massacre which speaking about it in China will get you erased.

Thankfully. Reality has a common sense. So chinks will not be able to pull this shit off without imploding on themselves first. Even now they default debts and shit, who the fuck will want to shake hands with them.

Even the kikes are scared shitless because say what you want about their shit copies and bootlegs, but they are good learner to a terrifying degree. Chinks does not give a fuck about anti-semitism, or lololocaust bullshit, their average normies know all about kikes like we do. They mastered the kikery and improve upon it a thousand fold. This is AvP all over again. Whoever wins, we are screwed.

But what the western publishers fail to get is their customer base is burgers and nu-europe. In the same way that you can't have the cake and eat it too, asian markets are very resistant to the western sensitivities and would rather kill themselves than sit through a game nagging them about racism and diversity is our strength etc. Microtransaction is considered among the worst business practices here but is considered fine in Asia as long as it doesn't skirt into gambling since you need separate licenses for that. Asians have a live and let live mentality and a horrible practice being optional doesn't bother them.

Not to mention life in an Asian city is so nihilistic young people happily give tencent their money to gain some edge in vidya, the only avenue their pathetic lives might have any meaning. For without vidya, they are truly ant people.

Literally every business ever is, though.

And nothing of value was lost. The chinks and the kike are welcome to each other, maybe their combined greed and love of communism will cancel each other out.

China is fucked, though. Their whole economy is one enormous bubble, the living conditions are hell, especially for the poor and urban populations, the middle classes are steadily getting more and more outspoken about their wish for more rights and political freedoms while the countryside poor get more and more restless about the unchecked corruption and destruction of the environment. On top of all that you have a severe gender imbalance with no easy and quick fix, they have millions of men that will never be able to find a mate because there are none to be had, and China isn't really the first choice for internet brides. Also, the future generations of the ruling class are not like their elders, they openly and arrogantly flaunt their wealth and privilege in front of the masses, you often hear about some rich little shit running over someone in his Ferrari only to escape all charges because daddy made them go away. China is a boiling cauldron of popular unrest just waiting to explode.

So, no influence on the actual industry, but killing the West? Sounds perfect to me.

Near as I've been able to tell, Jews are just the toned-down Western version of Chinks in terms of greed, but also with the "Wah we dindu nuffin give us money and power for some slight your ancestors did us" of Gooks, so yeah pretty much.

56 cents has been added to your internet communication bill

Taiwan =/= PR o/China
Taiwanese products are strictly inferior to products made in America, Germany, or Japan, but strictly superior to products made in China.

That's made by Game Freak

She was nice, and pretty naive since she was kinda sheltered.

That's why, really. A large part of what makes Chinese so cutthroat is, well, China. When you live in a country of 2 billion or so people in a corrupt as fuck political/business environment, the only people who are successful and get ahead are the ones who stomp over a hundred other people to get there.

How about that not only did he not immediately dismantle the NSA when he came into office, but has argued in favor of its expansion?

This is China we're talking about here. They look at the Jews as role models and regularly write self-help and motivational books based on the way they all do business. Being a Jew in China is a complement.

The way the country does business is wholly retarded and only serves to weaken them. China has been slapped around by every tiny fucking nation, despite their massive wealth and large numbers, because they're so fucking cheap that they refuse to give their own armies good food, weapons, or armor. For fuck's sake, the one-child policy destroyed their future, and now they raise a nation of weaklings growing up in heavily polluted megacities that probably can't even lift 50 pounds.

Internet regulations were rolled back to the way they were in 2014. Was the internet broken back in 2014? You're crying about an Obama-era regulation being repealed, when the evidence completely points to the Type-II utility-style regulations being objectively bad for the industry writ large.

I mean, unless you love stifling investment and innovation, higher prices, terrible infrastructure, and no motivation to provide better service, then by all means. Go vote for Obama in 2020 and have them reinstate your precious regulatory process again.

Go read the 400-page 2015 decision and come back. If you want to be part of the debate, do the required reading.

What is with all the damn soy-speak and nigger-lip around here lately? It's like people have forgotten how to type in complete sentences or something. Have a little self-respect.

Reminder that /a/ is the only white board. Coonposters get an automated ban there.

isn't an /a/ mod a leftist or something? or was that a long time ago?

That's just a meme.

Is there something else they make that is not Pokémon?

When life gives you lemons, make lemonade user.

Are we being raided?

Are we still selling out our helium deposits?