Tfw a company references your favourite games after decades of fucking nothing

Tfw a company references your favourite games after decades of fucking nothing

;_;

F-Zero fans know that feel. The Smash Bros and Mario Kart cameos just rub salt in the wound.

Every none mario track was a taunt.

World of Final Fantasy has a FFCC character cameo even though that only came out last year, even with that its still been many years since the series was acknowledged.

no one tell op about that third birthday abomination

user i want you to sit down.

That game was seven years ago. On the PSP.
We are all growing old.

Is that game really worth ordering online? Because absolutely no store I've been to sells those cards.

They also released this. They seem to be going back to the blue bomber with Mega Man 11 but I don't trust them. The need several good games and other licensed stuff before that happens.

is there a reason to keep on going

I ordered it back when it was only in Japanese and played with a translation list in front of me with a friend. It was enjoyable but took way too long with the translation. After playing a few times I actually got to know my cards though and can honestly say it was pretty enjoyable. It's just not popular enough.

Its really fun but Square is not pushing it at all. I've gone to its booth at comicon and its a table with a demo deck and mats left unattended every time.

Basically imagine a none pozzed magic with elements of duel masters and YuGiOh! but intended for fast best of 3 matches inspired by a random turn based battle in a FF game.
You draw 2 cards per turn and always need a hand below a certain size so the burn is fast. There are elements for each card and a CP or crystal points value. A 6 in a red crystal means 6 cp to play. This could mean tapping 6 fire element backups or discarding 3 since a discard is a one turn only 2 power for a temp boost.
Forwards are your attackers and they can party up and combine their stats at the risk of one dying taking them all out. Backups are basically spell cards and act as buff/debuffers. Along with summons and the new monster type in Opus 4 that just came out for bigger game changing effects.
Basically the goal is attack your opponent directly 7 times. Each time they take a card from the top of their deck and put it in a damage zone, first to 7 damage loses. But theres a catch. If they place a card with EX in there you may have damaged them but you also triggered that card. Every summon is an EX card along with most powerful characters so every victory could be a landmine.

Plus there are types that benefit each other like knight or summoner but also archetypes like FF7 or FFCC so characters from the same game have extra effects.
Throw on top of all this 'Signature moves' or S moves where a card has a second effect that requires discarding a card of the same name to activate it. The neat part is different versions of the character still have the same name. So a starter deck 6 cost Cloud can be used for the legendary must have Light element 3 drop Clouds S move Climhazzard or the new Opus 4 Gabranth where the cheaper card spends the costlier, more base power one for a move thats often devastating and turns a game on its head.

Its really fun and if you have a friend to play with there are decks for 7,9,10,13 and type zero now and ones for 12 and 14 coming next. 7, 10 or 9 is your best bet as fire/earth is the intermediate, water/ice is beginner and lightning/wind is expert in terms of difficulty for a beginning player.

The big problem was they released it in the EU and forgot to print any US cards so released half the EU stock in the US and everywhere was starved. Scalpers charged over $500 for a box of Opus 1 boosters and we have to scour fucking videogame stores and music shops or even toys r us to find some. Square Enix then stopped shilling it but now the cards are easy to find, especially online.

Except Shantotto. She is god tier and rare as rocking horse shit.

Fun game though i can recommend it.

Every fucking time

How about when NCsoft brought back Statesman from CoH to fight in a fucking garbage MOBA?

Fun Fact: They had to turn a half finished Valkyria Profile PS3 game into Lightning Returns because Toriyama forced them too make too many assetts for his waifus game and they needed to recoup costs by turning two other projects into lightningfag fodder.

But that was real. It was a joke announcement for a figure they actually did release. The Ver. Ke part is the humorous bit and outed it as being a toy design to anyone who knows that sort of thing.

Reminder that Suikoden V was released over a decade ago.

My favorite game sequel gets scraped due to waifu simulator shitgame.

You are thinking of the theme from the setting out cutscene. I feel the feel you are feeling friend.

Yeah but it's a cameo from Echoes of Time isn't it?
Ring of Fates and Echoes of Time weren't bad but they didn't reach the level of the GC original.
Nothing ever will

That would be one of the best things nintendo ever did.
After the abomination that was Crystal Bearers and the huge letdown that was Explorers

Still sends chills to my spine every time. Fucking miss that game.

It was a great and fun game.
Top notch atmosphere and music.

I wonder what the fuck happened when they were making Crystal Bearers.
The idea of a sole protagonist kind of killed it for me, together with other things.

Reminder: Selkie girls are best girls.

Why in the fuck is aya trying to kill herself.

All I wanted was an updated version with online play but SE forgets this series fucking exists.
I miss arguing with friends over who turn it is carrying the chalice.

>tfw you find out Hurdy and Gurdy were the same person all along

Get over yourselves, there are other fighting games out there (You just have to find them :^) )
I would like to know why all of the Indie anti-gravity racers are taking queues from Wipeout instead of F-Zero.
How many people have actually played the Xbox game? How is it different to the original?
Why not just leave it as a one-off?

Because that particular Aya is from 3rd Birthday instead of a Parasite Eve game.

Proof?

I kinda prefer his Command Mission design. Hell, I need a Command Mission 2..

Nothing in life will ever be good, will it?

I hope you're not happy that they are trotting out the corpse of those series to sell a shitty card game.

But Animal Crossing actually works as a mobile game. It's basically a mobile game that existed before they were a thing.

What makes it a bad card game?

2016 was pretty sweet. Not for games, mind you. The salt flows in mysterious ways.

I know how you feel.
I can only wonder which classic JRPG victim will be the next to have its corpse dug up and reanimated into a zombie for the mobile audience's shekels. Because a lot of these companies act like it's not worth the effort to try to appeal to the former fanbase anymore, and that mobileshitters who have never gotten a main series entry before are going to make a more profitable replacement.

You brought this upon yourself.

user, it's time to let go. It was a long time ago.

Because they're casual fags that are responsible for the low sales of F-Zero GX that essentially killed the racer. They're probably all PS2 fags and never bought a Gamecube.

Don't get me started on this fucking abomination user.

The chalice gimmick is shit, you just enjoyed having friends at the time.

Try playing the game retard.

I wanted to like this game, I really did, but by God Nintendo made the worst sort of P2W grindfest and it really gets on my nerves.
I still find it kind of shocking that the only mobile games that has actual online battles with actual live players are Hearthstone and its derivatives. Imagine a Pokemon GO or a non-Jewish Fire Emblem game where you could meet people IRL and challenge them to a battle.

SE is complete cancer and if you give money to them you should hang yourself.

Einhander appears in FFXIV too. I think it is an FF thing.

The last Parasite Eve game suck shit though with action oriented combat and fucking time travelling bullshit that makes no damn sense

Reminds me of the Vic Viper card in YGO named Gradius.

The FFCC series was supposed to be an experimental series where the gameplay genre could could change from game to game but all took place in the same world.

The problem is the first game (with it's unique GBA-GCN multiplayer) seems to have left such a MASSIVE memorable impact on the series that all everyone wants is a TRUE gameplay sequel to it. As in one where each player has their own private screen, secret objectives and information that needs to be shared with other players (Eg: one player has map layout while another has treasure chest locations, combing magic in combat, etc). While Ring of Fates and Echoes of Time also went for co-op gameplay they never got to the original's success.
It's still incredibly frustrating that we never got a 3DS or WiiU (or both linked together) FFCC title when the hardware, online and voice chat were there for it.

Crystal Bearers I believe was the Jap's looking at the popularity of sandbox games in the West in the mid 2000's and trying to make their own with additional sandbox "reaction" combat (Eg: picking up enemies/items with telekinesis and using them to attack/throw at other enemies, most of which would reward you on a very big in game achievement list). The design decesion for them to have large amount of interactive action minigames was them wanting "cool" moments that wouldn't be restricted to non-interactive cutscenes (Eg: Flying cruise ship canyon sequence, Chocobo wagon chase sequence, ballroom dance sequence).
I played through it last year and the game was fun and had some interest ideas but is annoyingly boggled down by some utterly baffling design decisions like a near useless map, chocobo's mounts that run away and vanish as soon as you get off them, having to wait for enemy spawn events (with no way to quickly reset them) and unskippable cutscenes (not too bad on a first playthrough but is for NG+).
It's strange a game like TLoZ: Twilight Princess released in 2006 (GCN/Wii) doesn't have those annoyances but The Crystal Bearers (Wii) released in 2009 does.

Fuck, I had forgotten all about that and now I'm angry again.

There is so much they could improve on plus a version on a system people actually own would be nice.

Sequels are cancer.

They're just going to dumb it down so that people who played Mario Kart won't complain that the machines go too fast. Or it'll be a card game where you have to collect all the racers.

It's just rumors but consider the following:
The plot is about a valkyrie collecting souls in preparation for the end of the world.
It has no connection to the other FF13 games except for the characters that were awkwardly inserted into completely new places and given vastly different characterisation to before.
Also there is a new antagonist who just fucks around and screws with you who was probably called loki in an early design document