CryTek sues star citizen devs over copyright issues

pacermonitor.com/public/case/23222744/Crytek_GmbH_v_Cloud_Imperium_Games_Corp_et_al

Other urls found in this thread:

saperlaw.com/2014/05/03/deliver-get-sued-kickstarters-terms-use-legally-binding/
please
archive.fo/zqf2n
google.com/search?q=negative know-how lawsuit
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mathematical_induction
scribd.com/document/367101474/Crytek-v-CIG
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GIF#Unisys_and_LZW_patent_enforcement
press.crytek.com/crytek-first-to-partner-in-new-crycash-cryptocurrency-launch
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

This accident just keeps on delivering

Not like it would have come out in the 3 years anyway.

And what is it exactly about? Not starting a (((trial))) to get a pdf

Turkroaches vs Crooks
Whoever wins, we lose

Crytek is fucking desperate, Cryengine barely makes anything and they can't fucking release a game that isn't shit to save their lives, obviously they're gonna go after everything that they hope will make them money.
I mean they even fucking made their own buttcoin altenative.

Wasn't their game studio shutting down after the massive failure that was Ryse?

Holy shit? They really made a coin? Jesus christ

They closed their secondary studios, the main one is technically still there Not that they will much longer unless they somehow materialze a good game out of thin air

Well this is going to be fun.

Roberts really fucked this one up.

Amazing

More like whoever loses we win as they'll probably go down.

POST YFW YOU DIDN'T FALL FOR THE STAR SHITIZEN MEME

They do have a point. Roberts is in clear breech of contract. If he's so completely incompetent he can't even avoid a lawsuit that anyone could see coming a mile away (because RPS is in the wrong) I have to question just how badly mismanaged the rest of his company is.

I wish there was a term for this that made it easy to search up, fuck

Thats scummy as fuck

Post a food that expresses your feelings.

So is selling ship jpegs, then selling special upgrades to those ship jpegs so the game is basically stealth p2w, then selling landscape jpegs on top of that, and all of this for a game that isn't even playable in the current state. Even early access survival trash that has paid DLC is less scummy because at least they offer you a product you can actually fucking play, no matter how buggy it might be. SC has fuckall in terms of content.

Scam Citizen really is the gift that keeps on giving. Thank you, Chris Roberts.

But Lumberyard is a fork of CryEngine.

ARR, WE BE A SHIP JPEG HERE FOR YOUR CRYENGINES

I imagine the legalese specifically said CryEngine, not a fork. Also, there's all the other shit they failed to do. I imagine the cockroaches are in for a payday and more jpeg sales are in store for the future.

Devil's advocate here, they have modified cryengine so much to get it to work for SC that it isn't even accurate to call it cryengine anymore. It was an awful choice for a space sim and they've spent all their dev time dealing with that apocalyptic mistake.

It didn't make sense before why they'd have done a half-assed switch to lumberyard mid-project when they had a cryengine license, but now it does. They knew they were going to have trouble with the license they negotiated and have been trying to distance themselves from it.

It was an awful choice for a space sim, but a great choice for a jpeg vending machine. They made the right technology choices, the fault lies with people who don't understand what shekel yiddizen really is.

How does it make senses when the contract specifically said they must use CryEngine and only CryEngine?

So they could say they weren't using CryEngine anymore and would just walk away from that deal.

How long of a sentence does Holla Forums expect Chris to recieve after all is said and done?

Kickstarter has turned out to be surprisingly successful in crowdfunding lawyers.

It's a civil suit, so they might rake them over the coals but he won't be doing time.
In the end it depends how the SEC will react over the largest crowdfunded game ever going belly up when this shitshow comes to a natural end.

Kickstarter is not legally binding I think. The best anyone can hope for is him getting beheaded live by the fans.

>Announce game with Deep Silver, Homefront 2 BAYBEH, just want consumers wanted right? Crytek bought the IP after THQ went down God knows for what reason
AND THATS THE TALE OF CRYTEK, REMEMBER TO REMOVE KEBAB WHENEVER YOU CAN KIDS!!

Dance party? also that first animation is adorable, do you have the full WEBM of it?

white people smile. you walk pass you can they look dead in your eyes with a tiny little smile. fucking disturbing. the women do it more than the men

Lawsuits are civil cases, where the grievance comes from a non-governing body. CIG allegedly violated their agreement with CryTek, which is not law.

the redheaded mechanic chick in that anime was the best girl.

Or just make good games?

What about all their money laundering shenanigans and bank loans?

It's just going to end up in a protracted legal battle, Roberts will beg for more shekels, things will be settled in three or four years with the Turks getting their pound of flesh and SC no closer to release then than it is now.

Turkniggers vs a fat retarded scam artist. Whoever loses, we win.

Honestly, that's all just run of the mill Turkey business behaviour. You can bet your ass they're probably laundering drug and prostitution money through the firm too, problem is as long as the finances look kinda correct and they pay tax German authorities aren't going to give a single fuck.

Fuck this game and fuck its backers but the drama is delicious.

We're not continuing this long after you've forgotten her name.

yep, this. probabaly pre arranged. go bankrupt and have excuse to not release game meanwhile crytek gets some money. two rich fucks win and the gamer lose. 800k in jpgs

I wonder what this image would look like with nearest-neighbor downsampling.

They deserve all that's coming to them if they bought fucking jpegs for thousands of dollars, supported a project with dev who has a horrid track record and has red flags all over the place. All of these cucks should be taken out of the genepool for their retarded actions.

Heh. So does Amazon own their engine now?

Why?
The majority of players don't seem to mind eating shit.
If you like good and detailed games, you're the minority now.

I gave up long ago and just go through my backlog one game at a time.

So what happens if Crytek wins?

No, they licensed Cryengine to Amazon, they didn't sell it

There won't be any real "winners" in the sense you're probably thinking. To make it go away Roberts will settle out of court for an undisclosed sum and confidentiality of the terms, so no one will ever know what happened, and Crytek will walk away a few million dollars richer.

Nothing, they don't make games anymore.

If Roberts himself personally violated any state or federal laws, he'll be prosecuted.

I'm checking public records to see if I can get any more information.

oh man, this shit just made my day a whole lot better knowing this con artist is going to get stomped into the ground. now i want some curry with rice

QUICK! WE NEED TO SEND THEM MORE MONEY!

Is it just me or does there need to be about 40% more rice on that. I'm the same way with spaghetti and sauce.

Yep, you called the switcheroo they're trying to pull. Their statement just now,
"CIG official statement: "We are aware of the Crytek complaint having been filed in the US District Court. CIG hasn’t used the CryEngine for quite some time since we switched to Amazon’s Lumberyard."
They'll get burned here since most of their money was made pre-lumberyard with a client released to the public with the agreed crytek branding.
That's enough for a good lawyer fight. I doubt they have the budget for one.

Physics glitches in an unfinished game is a cheap shot.

I wonder how the cult will take this news.

But user, what about butterlord?

Personally, I'm hoping for a standoff with the police outside of their office.

THE FIRE RISES

This is perfect for ScamCitizen

I'm wondering, who will be the first an hero in the inevitable crash, a cult member or a "venture capitalist" who invested their savings in this shitshow.

I honestly doubt the stories are as bad as people imply when it comes to star shekelson. Most of the backers are probably reasonable people who are just excited for the game which will probably never be released, which is understandable with the vast majority of games nowadays being shit.

I'm sure CIG could cover the costs of the lawsuit by paying Crytek in Completionist Packs.

how many did they sell?

What about it?

Any juicy bits from teh Shill Citizen Defense Force?

Wasn't the median average for backers 100$? That's not a reasonable amount of money to invest in something that may never come about.

They always pretend to be unnaffected right when something bad happens. You'll have to wait a few days before the denial really kicks in.

Just about to post this. What excuse are the retards who funded this shit using?

CHECKIN' THESE SACRED DUBS

I thought crytek was dead,

Tentacle rape is a pleb fetish anyway.

It'd be great if that wasn't a typo and they're actually just renting the ship .jpegs to those suckers.

Here's the actual complaint.

All of them, apparently. :^)

Everyone I know that actually put money into this disaster is an idiot. They are the kind of people you can rely on to tell whether a movie is going to be good or shit. If they like the movie, it's shit and don't waste your money. If they hate the movie (because there weren't enough explosions and fight scenes) then you should see it because you'll really like it.

When I saw their pitch video on Kickstarter it looked like something cool could come of it, but I knew better than to buy into early access type stuff.

It's not even an "investment" because you don't get back any financial gains. You just get a game and some ships (in theory). The people talking about flipping their "limited edition" ships after the game's "release" are the biggest idiots of them all.

I want to fuck amy

As many as they fake-made user, don't you feel all jealous and left out?

I know at least one of their web design and modeling guys in a BR, as he would brag about it constantly on somethingawful back when this first started.

Probably a lot, it's the kind of game to garner attention and consumers
I was even planning on buying the cheapest thing there eventually, but that buy digital land that doesn't even exist thing is pretty retarded, plus they're trying to add way too much, it'll flop eventually.
>tfw no cool space sim with detailed graphics and cockpit view fuck eve online

As many as they could :^)

Bellows best girl
Saaya and Ridget honorable mentions

You're gonna feel so silly, when they all make a giant profit when the game comes out, user. I bet they'll be able to buy a nice little house and maybe a pool. :^)

For the crimes of being a shitty developer in the second degree, being a shitty developer in the first degree, and being a completely incompetent asshat in the first degree, I sentence him to 40 years of shame and ridicule, to be served consecutively.

For people wondering, Kickstarter IS legally binding. Individuals and businesses that have failed in the past to meet obligations have been sued and charged with criminal cases in the past, under the pretense of consumer protection.

saperlaw.com/2014/05/03/deliver-get-sued-kickstarters-terms-use-legally-binding/

No, it's pretty bad. The average donation is over $100 and the more motivated fans that make up the online community are in much deeper. There are lots of 'concierge' status posters over on plebbit and that's $1k+ deep. Many of them post about it like it is an investment, and a safe one at that. The day of reckoning will be ugly.

All girls in this show where good to be completely honest, especially the loli pirate princess.

shut up periberg

So it turns out that CIG and RSI's negotiating lawyer, an Ortwin Freyermuth, also worked for Crytek years prior. Then Crytek's negotiating lawyer, Carl Jones, quit and is now employed by CIG and RSI. This is getting fishy.

Amy is built for sex

I thought crytek doesn't own the engine anymore because they sold it, no?

It isn't enough to just launder money with some out of court settlement. They have to play it up and get some ebegging in too.

Shit anime tbh

Didn't they had some moba lines up?
Or did that ona already fail as well?

Is shit like this common in the layering business?

Truly this is the future.

I actually wish there was a horror game exploring something like this, because I find space spooky. When watching astronauts outside the ISS or something I always am creeped out by the possibility that one of them might lose his balance and float out into space, never to be seen again.

I'm not even smug anymore. It's just pathetic now.

2/10, apply yourself.

There is this horror exploration game for the PS2 where you are alone inside a space station and it was made by FromSoftware.

A game where you're just drifting through space endlessly where you could turn the game on and be millions of miles away from where you were when you last played sounds like it has potential to be scary.

Name? Startpage gives me nothing. Btw. speaking of horror games in space, whatever happened to routine?

I wonder if they're going to release a new $1000 jpeg to cover the cost of the lawsuit.
I can't help but love Scam Citizen at this point. It really gives me a reason to live. I want to see the inevitable suicides and potential rampages when the whole thing finally implodes. I also want to see if Roberts survives.

Echo Night Beyond, I recommend playing it with headphones.

What did he mean by this?

Expect something whenever the next Rainfurrest convention is scheduled.

Didn't Rainfurrest turn into a massive clusterfuck when the scat fetishists showed up? I remember hearing something about them claiming it was actually alt-right trolls or some bullshit like that.

Fun historic fact:

The first guy who did a spacewalk couldn't get back into his space capsule.
His spacesuit had become too big to fit in the airlock. Luckily the cosmonaut had the briliant idea to let air out of his suit to shrink it to a smaller size.

please use archive.ism/50-years-ago-the-first-spacewalk-nearly-ended-in-trage-1692303108

I don't know if I want an explanation or not but we already started this conversation so I kinda want someone to explain what the fuck Rainfurrest is and what the fuck happened.

You're in luck!

Just search it on Youtube or Imgur.

It was a massive clusterfuck from day one simply because half of the people in the hotel/convention center didn't have a clue what furries really where. Things that happened off the top of my head include:
Probably even more.

This video skips an important part

Oh fuck shoot him now and get it over with.

>please use archive.ism
you have to lurk moar newfriend

This is just going to make the fans even more fanatical and let me tell you why.
I once went to one of their Citizencons, well I say went more like dragged to one by a friend. Now my friend was super into Star Citizen, he was obsessed with the game and would never stop talking about it. He kept nagging me to pledge every chance he got telling me to join in the experience. I could see he was super eager about the game but truth be told I wasn't interested. Still I entertained him I will now admit a bit too much and agreed to go with him to the Citizencon to see what all the fuss was about since his wife refused to go.
Probably the first alarm bell was on the plane trip over there where we started discussing how much a pledge was and how much he had pledged. He was telling me that people had pledge hundreds and some even thousands of dollars to Star Citizen. I asked him isn't that a bit excessive but he replied that it was just an investment and packages go up in value. A little confused I made the mistake of asking him how much he pledged and he casually said a couple of thousand bucks. Queue "The oh shit nigga, does your wife know about this?" question and he goes off in a fit about how she doesn't understand and that it is an investment opportunity of a lifetime along with how it is a passion project. Quietly I dropped the questions about pledges but now knew why his wife wasn't with him.
The second alarm bell was when I actually got to the convention reception. At first it was mainly fat balding middle aged men in circlejerks drinking beer discussing how great the game was going to be and how much a visionary Chris Roberts was, but then I noticed that there was a lot of merchandise booths selling all the junk you'd expect branded with stuff like the game logo's and they seemed to be selling out. Looking deeper into the crowds I noticed some people were getting Star Citizen tattoos and a few were even cosplaying. Seeing the large group of furries in fursuits was disturbing enough, watching them handing out Star Citizen badges to the kids unfortunate enough to be dragged along more so.
Now the bit I should have literally ran for it was when the keynote speech was being given. Everyone started shuffling into a hall smiling with unnatural joy where they waited for a while quietly whispering before silence as Sandy suddenly took the stage. The hall erupted in those type of annoying cheers by idiots who will cheer for anything before again silence as everyone listened in. Sandy started giving a speech about how Star Citizen was more than a game, it was a community and family. Truth be told I wasn't paying much attention as I was looking at what was going on at the sides of the stage. Noticed some of the stagecrew were busy building wooden pyres which I found odd. It wasn't till I heard Sandy shout "and what about those who would shatter our dream?" did I finally understand what was going on.

I want to show this image to every furfag on this site who acts like it's okay to be a furshitter.

How many times did he get molested at that event specifically.

Continued
The hall doors opened and people wearing black robes and hooded masks with "Cloud Imperium Games" logo on the back dragged in people in chains; beaten, naked and covered in oil. They were crying for mercy as they were dragged towards the stage while the crowds jeered at them, throwing rolled up balls of printed out images of spaceships. Sandy shouted out "These are the heretics who would not see our vision to the end, these are the heretics who would dare to steal from us, these are the heretics who asked for a refund! What do we do them Citizens?" The whole crowd roared out as one "BURN THEM!" As the former backers were chained to the pyres a bright light shone from the back of the stage and a man in a white robe answered "That's right Citizens!" The entire room screamed in ecstasy at the sight of Chris Roberts as he took the stage "Those who will not see our vision fulfilled shall pay the price!" The pyres were lit and the screams of pain and terror were cancelled by the cheering of the crowd. Chris continued "For their crimes they will not see Star Citizen as the project it was destined to be but you my loyal children shall!" Chris then started a presentation showing off new features that they had planned in the pipeworks that required more development time and budget, as the screams of anguish died he asked the crowd if they would give to see Star Citizen become the truly best game ever. The crowd replied yes. He then took out what look liked a giant hose and asked them to prove it. I will never forget the sight of the crowd holding up their opened wallets to Roberts, a look of smug satisfaction on their faces as he sucked every last cent out their wallets using the giant hose. He then told us to spread the word and make more people believe in Star Citizen.
Truth be told I don't remember much after the event. I didn't say a word to my friend on the trip home as I was still horrified at what I had witnessed. He talked non stop about how great it was but I just wanted to lock myself away and hide. When I discovered that his wife had gone missing I took that as a cue to leave, change my identity and block all contact with him. Scared in case the Star Citizen backers come looking for me.

Jesus fuck, every time this happens I wonder how Okami has remained relatively clean after all these fucking years. It's like autism that either their parents encouraged, not realizing how fucked it all is, or adults that never got hurt on the playground so they never thought about consequences.

How I wish I drank alcohol some days.

Unchecked furry autism. The con didn't put as much effort into hiding the degeneracy of their community as other cons and they wound up with diaper babyfur scat fetishists walking around in public literally shitting themselves, leaving shit diapers around the complex, etc.. Turns out normal people haven't yet learned to be tolerant of this and the con was banned by the hotel who then warned others about them.

wasn't that the con were furries were kicked out from the hotel for fucking in one of the room's bathtubs and clogging it with diapers?

1) Source 6 Jake Friedman

Reddit is just as delusional as always. They still don't understand why people dislike the game.

archive.fo/zqf2n

Me in drivers seat

yes

Quality post.
You really got me good too.

But I don't associate with The Furry Community.

Sure you don't, AzureDragon87.

user, seriously. Just fuck off. Anytime anybody shits on furries a fucker like you has to come out "b-but I'm not a furry!" or something to that effect.
The only reason you even made this post is because you secretly know in your heart that you're a furfag. You didn't make this post for me, you made this post in an attempt to convince yourself.

It's the effect of echo chambers. They're unable to understand opposition as they hear none of the arguments against the project so they rationalize it as blind hatred from people who want everything to fail.

That's some cold-hard truth right there

It's bait, just like saying lolicons are pedos or monstergirls are furry

oh shit I've found a few screencaps from back then

Based on how he responded here I think you struck a nerve.

Okami isn't mainstream or hipster enough for them so they leave it alone.

Lolicon consumers may or may not be but a lot of artists sure are

Before you get mad, I'm not trying to defend them.

Oh shit the thread is at its tipping point.

Thanks for the reminder of how i will never stop wishing death on furries.

You are not excluding yourself.

Err furshit. Smartphones were a mistake.

Imagine going so long and so far you just hit eternal emptiness, or better, *thinking* you've hit eternal emptiness and then hitting a massive, universe encompassing shell. It'd be scary/fascinating if it were obviously machined, deeply concerning if were organic and soul-crushing if it was stone.

A malfunctioning engine randomly fires and hurtles your craft out on a new vector at some ridiculous multiple of lightspeed for an indeterminate time. The crew (or just you if you like) are left with an impossible task of sourcing the resources to fix it, *or* abandon ship as attempting to enter an atmosphere sets the drive off once again.

Nice projection.

This is the most jewish

No, having been tech for a long time I have seen what maxinum Jew looks like.
I have seen copyright infrigement lawsuits over "negative knowledge".
The idea is that even though there was no actual copied code from project A to B, an employee who had seen the code in A had learned ftom it what _not_ to do, and the absense of those false starts in B makes B a derivative work of A.
So Jews who could not sue for copying try the same lawsuit for not copying.

So they copyrighted learning?

I imagine cases like that rarely get passed in court? They'd either have to be settled or thrown out.

Basically. Behold maximum Jewishness.
google.com/search?q=negative know-how lawsuit

Pic related keeps getting more and more relevant.

all im getting are "can a yelp review get you sued"
google is hiding shit, link properly the case

I can't really fault them for that. In the sense of pure logic and legal boundaries, that absolutely makes sense.

In practical and emotional terms, it's complete shit

No, it really doesn't. How can someone prove that software was developed with the limitations and faults of another software in mind? It's just pure psychopathy.

No it fucking doesn't.

No, it's bullshit. It's a viral claim that anyone who has ever looked at a piece of code is on the hook for new code not only for copying the idea but also for avoiding copying the idea.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mathematical_induction

Look at it this way

Basically: 'Hey how come you *didn't* make this retarded mistake? Monies plox'

More court documents here:

CIG is absolutely fucked. There's no way out of this for them.

He can't do that. Child A can only copyright burning your hand like an idiot. Not the opposite.

They'll just give CryTek a few millions and be done with. Now, the Turks could redeem themselves and demand Roberts stop using all the assets that have been created in and for CryEngine, and maybe cease producing entirely. The tears of butthurt would be almost as delicious as those that would happen if Roberts had announced they had run out of money.

But in this case, you're using privileged information, a trade secret, to make an informed decision. Because you happened to reach a particular, specific conclusion, which could only occur based on use of said knowledge – how can you prove you did the research and ended up in those exact circumstances? If you did, you would have had to copy their code

That makes sense in a twisted way.

And now you understand how Jewish lawyers make obtuse claims

But you can't copyright knowledge. You can copyright something you have created with said knowledge. You can only patent knowledge in proof that you came up with it first. Imagine coming up with a rotten pickle sandwich, you are able to patent the idea and claim copyright the sandwiches you make. Then someone comes along and realizes the pickle sandwich would be better with non-rotten pickles. You never came to you to not use non-rotten pickles. The solution is his own even if inspired by you and ultimately makes a different sandwich. You can copyright gay porn with hats on but you can't copyright the other guy's gay porn with socks on.

:DDDDDDD

You pretty much can.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GIF#Unisys_and_LZW_patent_enforcement

While you can't copyright certain things,.gif, .mp3, and a number of other formats and processes and algorithms can and have been patented

Yeah, I know genetic altruism must be really weird to all non-whites.

Yes. I can't claim credit for creating them but I am free to use them as a please.

Same with knowledge. You can patent your idea but I can do what ever with it. You have to copyright a specific product/creation.

I hope Brian got the NRA stickers I sent him.

He is more right than he realizes.
trumpjewwall.jpeg

I don't have a smug enough anime girl but I think this will do

They're specifically calling out that they want CIG to stop using and posessing CryEngine which by extent means everything they've made with it. It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood when the jews devour each other.

if they didn't want people making fun of their unfinished product, perhaps they should have waited until they had a finished one to release.

They're seeking an injunction that does exactly that.

What were the "prizes"?

chicken nuggets

Well that's more than what he has since I still have all of my money and dignity.

Can't wait for the fallout of this failing. Will there at least be suicides?

They'll have to run and least two full laps of depression before even taking a chance at it, and knowing how attentionwhoreish the furry community is, most of them will pussy out for epity.

There has being some pushes, both furry and kemono, but thankfully never sticked.

This shit is still staggering to watch, they really would pander to furries in such degree to get the money. Thats some high level cringe.

Worse than that
Whomever thought this combination was brilliant should be fired.

Don't forget settling out of court and more ebegging. Chris might actually be related to Orel Roberts.

I mean, it could be a cool game if they made it so you can't outright kill the other hunters, but subtly sabotage them, or cause the monster to kill them or whatever. Otherwise, you just end up with a team shooter with some stupid AI thing meandering in the background.

I wouldn't put that pass them.

Man, these are some skilled jews. If i'm reading this right, Crytek is basically laying claim to all that kikestarter cash and any other such revenue generated after the close of the crowdfunding campaign via means of $15,000 jpeg packs. I may not understand the entirety of the claim, but I know enough that they're out for the entire nut.

They've basically ran out of excuses, people are getting tired of waiting and nearly all the normalfags are starting to see how much of a scam this is and they know they are no where near finished with the game. What other better way to keep milking and delaying the game than a scandal?

>money and dignity
your money anyways

I'm not smug, I'm confused.
It's like people start degrading after hitting 16 yo or something.

I suspect that most people don't know, but it costs actual companies tens of thousands, sometimes hundreds of thousands, of dollars to go to court; regardless of the outcome. (Lawyer's fees, court costs, etc.)

So even if RSI goes to court and somehow wins or gets the case tossed, they're still going to be losing a shitload of cash. Rev up those jpegs, I guess.

But the suit's Crytek v. RSI, right? If it's RSI being sued, he's not personally liable unless the suit names him explicitly and evidence somehow proves that he, and he alone, orchestrated the scam.

Rainfurrest no longer exists, anons; for the reasons you all outlined. It's apparently so infamous that a guy working theBad Dragon both at MFF asked me about it since I told him I flew in from Seattle.**

that's how society laws work over there?
Usually the company's legal and financial personality and it's partners are separated.

$75,000? That's like two ship sales for them.

But the game never will be.

How was Gargantia anyhow?

I am now reminded that a fellow student in a class I was in, some lardass furry yaoi fujoshit, not only bragged about the fursuit she was getting, but that she was going to be taking her boyfriend and son to furry conventions.

I mean that unless Roberts is personally charged in the suit with criminal wrongdoing, he won't face any personal charges. I could see something crazy like him being liable for payments when they lose the case if he has some crazy financial relationship with RSI/CIG to dodge taxes or something.

Fuck the highlighted bit user, if the court rules in favor of Crytek, sections a. and c. basically special fiscal doom for CIG. Crytek, being desperate Turks, would try to wring every penny from CIG, and that would undoubtedly bankrupt them.

I don't know what's worse: furries shitting in the shower indirectly (how the fuck do you manage to get a whole diaper down the drain and clogging it to the point it needs fixing?), or run-of-the-mill showershitters like Huey-poster intentionally and directly giving the ol' wafflestomp.

First of all we both know this is gonna end up in a handshake and a slack of cash under the table but:

That's what i mean, where i come from you don't push a suit and say "this company did me X and this man in particular is responsable for Y, i hereby demand Z"
If a company fucks you over you demand the company, it's partners/ founders/ whatever are not responsable for it, CIG/RSI would be it's own person. In any case that would be a separate suit. Again, where i come from.

Motherfucker uses a figurehead i'm sure, you won't find a dime on him.

I'm just confused why they thought shitting in a bathtub was a good idea. The point of the drain filter is to keep hair and other non-fluids out of the pipes. Unless you have diarrhea your shit isn't runny enough to go through it. I'm guessing they probably just forced their shit down for got knows what reason. (I don't want to know the full story of the clog, but if there were diapers actually past the filter in the pipes, then it wasn't stupidity. That's just straight up vandalism.)

Reading this now, going to comment thoughts as I go through it.

>amount in controversy substantially exceeds $75,000.00

Crytek smell blood.

lel

>Crytek invested significant time and expense in creating impressive demonstrations and proofs-of-concept that were used to persuade the public to contribute financially to a 'crowdfunding' campaign to support the development of the game.

What? Crytek did all of those tech demos and shit? What the hell did CIG/RSI actually make?

Yeah, I'm sure having your logos in this 'game' would save your shit company you fucking roaches.

This is top shelf scummy legal faggotry.

Some of this is pretty serious (namely the clear violations of the agreement CIG/RSI signed with Crytek), and some is petty as shit. (Crytek getting mad about RSI posting bug fixing videos.)

If/when it goes to court, I'd expect a victory for Crytek, but nowhere near in the crazy amount I'm sure they'll ask for. And between the two companies, I wonder if either can actually afford a protracted court battle.

Honestly, it's like a washed up magician (Crytek) getting into a slap fight with an up and coming but clearly fake magician (RSI/CIG) over $200.

If anyone has the time and inclination, they should really photoshop that 'two monkeys fighting with knives while people laugh and watch' picture to have Crytek and CIG/RSI.

I dropped it when the MC kills the pirates that had been pillaging and killing for decades, and the town people treat him as some horrible evil person for this. This kicks off a small story line where where all the pirates for 1/4th of the world come to attack them, and the townpeople make him drive them off without killing them to prevent retaliation for other pirates, even though he clearly states killing off 1/4th of the world's pirates would be an easy fight for him.

It's not so common for artists these days, it was much more common when possession of CP wasn't illegal in Japan.

Imagine if somehow, Crytek's lawsuit forces CIG to shut the game down. Imagine all the massive asspain from all the cult members, all the millions of dollars idiots spent just to watch it suddenly be yoinked away from them.

Win win.

I don't know much about CIG's finances, but I can't imagine they're very good considering how many pushes they've had to do to keep that ship upright.

A major negative hit to their cash reserves could very well put them in a Crytek-like situation lel where employees stop getting paid.

And if CIG/RSI goes under and Scam Citizen dies in the womb I'm just kidding, it was never alive to begin with, I have no idea what will happen in relation to backers trying to seek legal remedy. I mean, if CIG/RSI get sued to death, it's not like they failed to deliver on their promises - they were physically unable to.

You mean a Crysis would befall CIG if Crytek were to win this shit?

It all leads to Constantinople is retaken somehow.

It's as if she rubbed oil on them.

So when does she get sent back for a bit of tickling?

No, that would remove the project failure guilt off of Roberts.
Bad move.
If SC fails because of outside factors, we will never hear the end of it from apologists.

It's better for SC to die on it's own, it's a far harsher wake-up call to the cult.

To be fair, Communism died on it's own and there's no end to communist sympathizers these days. Streets are still named after communists, squares are still named after communists, universities are still named after communists. What might kill SC forever is if Roberts fails to deliver in a very spectacular manner while the project is still going.

Damn I wish I was roman. From like 1800 years ago.

As apposed to real magicians?

That used to be a thing!? Like real CP? Fucking nips.

The best way to stop apologists/sympathizers isn't by having something shut down, having something die on it's own, or having it die via babortion. It's by letting it live. The best thing we could possible hope for is to let it live and to let it sit and fester. Just look at modern western society, it's alive but it's clear to everyone who's got half a brain cell that it's not fucking working. The reason there are so many communist sympathizers isn't because communism is good, but because they don't see how shitty it is every day. What they DO see is how shitty modern western society is, so they flock to what they think is the best alternative.

That's some idealist thinking right there. Soviets closed their borders when they were in power and it was hard to get out of the country, so for many people immigration simply wasn't an option. Make no mistake - if a person thinks that there are no viable alternatives to X, they'll ignore the possibility of change because it would be too costly to them and try to make do with what they have.

Not exactly, they were softcore videos without any actual sex involved afaik.

I'm not smug anymore.

Light, chewy and slightly tangy. Just plain mozzarella.

You have to understand. There's people who donate to Africa without understanding what money does to the continent just because they watched stock footage of a famine or dead kids. There's people who can make all the money in the world and never be wealthy because they just don't understand how money works.

That's easy to explain if you're not someone who's new to politics

We're building a space wall just for fun,
slay illegal aliens along with real ones.
I'm not sure about banging martian whores,
but their moms probably look better than yours.

Why would it be soul-crushing if it were stone?

I'm not sure whether the ones with shit are the prizes or the "prizes."

Fuck that shit. I backed this game and even I think this drama is 10/10 entertainment.

Didn't Ephraim Kishon write a short story on that one?

No mate, you don't hire a seething pool of sharks for a mere 75K. This is a token figure for the IP violations, CIG has not paid ANY of the royalties back and THAT number is going to be determined by said sharks.

Apparently nothing before the Kickstarter money started rolling in. Which is interesting insofar as that Roberts claimed to have worked on the SC prototype for a year on his own dime before the Kickstarter.

Patently lying about your product only starts to be a problem when your investors or silent partners fail to see even a dime.

< 4. Crytek and Defendants subsequently formalized their relationship by entering into a Game License Agreement.
So Crytek and their sharks have gone on record to state that this is a license and not a purchase and I doubt they would perjure themselves at this point so I would say that yes this was only a licensing agreement.

Poetic justice, BUT, I'm betting we'll find out that CIG were trading insolvent for at least a couple of months so the money is gone Jim.

i would post a smug face, but i've fallen like a sucker for others, Starforge being one of them, what a shitshow scam that was….

That was the joke, yes.

Tell me, user, how drunk were you when you decided it was a good idea to give them your shekels?

Congratulations, you got yourself delayed.
What is the next step of your master-plan?

CRASHING THIS JPG!
WITH NO SURVIVORS!

You don't understand. Everything is in Lumberyard now because Lumberyard is CryEngine.

I thought cults died when the internet was born but here we are again.
Now we just need to make normie parents fear their kids join a video game cult like normie parents feared their kids would join a cult in the mid and late 20th century.

you dont have any friends

Gargantia was excellent. The only negative thing I can say about it was that the mecha animation looked weird due to it being 3D, but the characters and narrative were solid and never overstayed their welcome. Good English dub, too, if you're into that.

Honestly, I kind of wish it didn't have the belly dancing, since it had nothing to do with anything in either that episode or the rest of the series.

You're retarded, and that point is addressed almost word for word by a story arc later on. At that point in the series, Ledo is trying to get people to trust him, which is not conducive to killing hundreds of people with a flick of his wrist.
It's directly implied that the pirate never kill anyone so long as they get their tribute/ransom. Fuck, the show literally demonstrates this when Ridgit is kidnapped and roughed up, but not raped or otherwise molested. The pirates had every opportunity to kidnap her or do something else, and they don't because they know escalation benefits no-one. There's a visual fucking example of the uneasy coexistence between the pirates and the sailors, and you have the gall to say it's a bad series because you were too fucking stupid to notice it.

What if…

Let's not get unreasonable here.

t.Matpat

more like

They'll "finish and release" it the same way Roberts finished and released Freelancer.

*when Bellows is kidnapped
fuck

They made a coin?

Yeah, it's called Crycash: press.crytek.com/crytek-first-to-partner-in-new-crycash-cryptocurrency-launch
They say "partner" but they're basically owned by Crytek.

Cry me a river, no one’s buying that shit.

worth the million

That series is funny because all of the bugs they fix are the result of their own incompetence. If you're a programmer you will be screaming at the screen in frustration. Yes it's true CryEngine is shit in many ways, and completely inappropriate for such a game, but the sheer terribleness of the Star Citizen team is something to behold.

For example objects being left over after something explodes is because they fail to delete those objects from the scene. Typically you put your game objects into a scene graph or tree so they get cleaned up automatically. Engines made by 12 years old boys do that. In Star Citizen they do it manually. Just one example of thousands of massive flaws.

If you think it's clean, you haven't looked hard enough.

When kiketocurrencies become the only way to buy games and microtransactions, you’d better fucking believe people will flock to them like the shabbos goyim they are.

I don't even know where to begin with the cancer in this image and it's not the furries

i won't deny that i neglect my notifications, unless you had something else in mind

It's literally nothing but BRs, poos and chinks. Every 100+IQ team member is in some form of management, and even they're in the company of retards.

good read

That's not bait, both of those are true.
I'm not saying this ironically, if you masturbate to little girls, 2D or 3D, it's pedo. The actual definition of the word doesn't differentiate between the two.

So many of them are obese, that's what really stood out to me. But there's also bugsmashers guy.

M8, that sounds like the dictionary definition of a cult. I believe it because other people and anons who went said the same exact shit. That's equally disturbing and frightening, no fanbase of any kind should ever show anywhere near that level of fanaticism and zealotry.

I still stand by what I said

3D is illegal, 2D is not. Seems a noteworthy distinction. One hurts kids the other doesn't.

I'm not a normalfag and have distanced myself from mainstream society so my take is an unpopular one, I am aware.

(checked)

The mohamadian turkroaches demand their jizza.

It's all part of their master plan

Because the gwailo can't grok Nip mythology.

If Smart is right which is quite possible CRoberts has engaged in legal fuckery for a long time like buying and selling IPs and assets through shell corporations, squirreling away money etc.
Don't forget that they also used a shitload of their IP as a collateral for a bank load just recently.

This is some fucked up antigame that provides quality entertainment to the people not involved in it

Your mother should've swallowed that POZ load.

LOL

Physics glitches in a photo gallery are perfectly valid criticisms

Well wouldn't that just fine if all that comes out in the discovery process. My body is ready.

LET THEM FIGHT

"What's that? Up in the sky?"
"Is it a bird?!"
"Is it a plane?!?!"

Which will crash first, Star Citizen or Bitcoin?

(((chain link)))

Would you please die? Thanks.

Thing is those faggots would just blame Crytek and never learn their lesson and start pissing money into the next load of bullshit all over again.

Someone post that long copypasta of the autistic Redditor bragging about how much money he wasted on star citizen.

Freelancer is a good game

No it isn't. The fact that retards think it is is why Star Citizen turned out the way it did.

Nu Bread