Ps4 Dreams

So now that they showed a bit more of what it is at psx, you think this is gonna be good? I personally loved LBP so this seems really good to me. In comparison to LBP this looks to be so much more. Id be lying if i said i at least didnt get a little bit hyped for it. I expected to see at least one thread here for it. Does really nobody care?

What the fuck is it?

No
Yes

Its kinda like Little big planet but this time you actually get to sculpt everything yourself in a full 3D enviroment

Project spark was utter garbage because they went full jew with player having to buy basically everything for real money. Dreams is very different in that aspect seeing as you sculpt everything yourself. This way i also see no way of shitty dlc worming its way into it. Because why pay money for shitty ingame objects when you can just make them yourself?

It's gonna have a marketplace.

I'd never heard of it before now. It looks fun. I liked LittleBigPlanet a whole lot (though the physics were frequently very awful), and it was one of the most fun I've had playing vidya with friends since the start of gen 6.
It really needs proper fluids (when LittleBigPlanet got it, it was still pretty wonky), and good customizable physics (LittleBigPlanet was incredibly floaty in a bad way, and there was no way to fix it). I don't know if any of the LBP sequels fixed these issues; I only played the first one.

If Dreams was good, it would make it actually worth finally buying a PS4 for me, as there hasn't been anything on it so far that makes the console actually worth owning.

I'M NOT BUYING YOUR GAME. GO AWAY

I personally dont think so but of course shit could always get worse. I just hope it wont get there.

I wouldnt buy a console for only one game. Dont know about fluids physics since they havent showed that off yet.

Hey i just want a place to talk about the game with people who wont blindly suck its dick because i believe this could be fun.

Fuckoff kike

Get out.

I agree that you shouldnt buy a console just for one game, i can also see that dreams looks like one of those shitty hipster art games at first sight. But its like little big planet in the sense that everyone can make whatever the fuck they want with it. So if you want pure gameplay you can get that aswell.

I wouldn't buy it for one game, there would be more than one game worth getting, but to get a console, I really need at least one game that is very damn good. I'm not going to spend hundreds of dollars on a console and hundreds of dollars on top of it just to have a console with a handful of games that are just decent at best. There are other good games, but I'd need something to justify the price of the console itself in order to make that plunge. The PS4 Pro also felt a lot like a "life support" move, so that turned me off getting one as well.

What? Are you fucking retarded?

My worry about this game is that at its core it is maintained by peoples own creativity. This means fun people are going to make some "problematic" content and will be shut down, killing the game.

Mark my words this game will be killed by the playstations moderation of fun unless it is left alone.

Was LBP moderated a ton? I never played those but it seems like the best point of reference for this game.

yeah

Honestly im kind of afraid of this aswell. Because whats the point of making a kickass game or level when nobody else can play it because SJW cunts will get triggered. Lets hope that this wont be the case. Another thing im kind of not looking forward to is the shitton of copy paste levels like in lbp. Since this time they are actually kind of encouraging it but they call it "remixing".

I want lewd stages.

Doesn't look anything like a hipster art game. "hipster art games" (good or bad) are things like Flower, Journey, Braid and The Witness, where the game itself is supposed to be art more than a video game. It doesn't mean games where you make art (like Mario Paint) or games which have level editors or game customization. It makes as much sense to call this a "hipster art game" as it does to call The Incredible Machine or Lode Runner the same thing.

You'd have to be functionally retarded to think a game is an "art game" just because the goal is game and level creation. It has literally nothing in common with anything you'd consider an art game. If anything, it's just a "game engine". Whether it's a good one or not is a different discussion.

Three things really can kill this game:

* The editor is clunky or difficult to use properly, making it too easy to make badly-formed levels that are buggy.
* Heavy-handed moderation kills creativity and turns the entire point of the game (online community) into a curated, boring shitheap. One big thing that would cause this isn't the "problematic" content, but purging of copyrighted things (ie. all Nintendo fan-games made in this get shut down like they did with LBP).
* Retarded DLC, having to buy level-creation assets, or allowing people to make paid games in it. Basically, if not everything or mostly everything is free, it's going to be shit. LBP had huge problems with this. Even using water was paid DLC in the first game. The costume packs and sticker packs are fine, but the level packs are straight-up bullshit. One of the stupidest fucking things was the Christmas packs, which were two separate DLC items, one pack with the hat and one pack with the suit and boots. Holy fucking shit. Doing this shit fragments the community and pisses people off, when they see that other people are doing things like making levels with water and using racing parts, and then they find out that they'd have to pay extra to use the same things in their own levels. You couldn't even edit other people's levels when they use DLC you don't have. If you buy the game and have a heavily impaired experience because you didn't buy extra, it's fucking shit.

Hell yes. The biggest thing was removing of copyrighted characters. There were tons of "Mario" ones that recreated the first Super Mario Brothers in its entirety that got removed, and some of them were pretty damn well-done. Most anything with cursing were removed, there was a really good Silent Hill one that got purged, and a bunch of games that implied blood, gore, or killing got purged. It made it pretty unfun when you wanted to revisit a stage you liked and it was just gone forever. It didn't help that you couldn't save community levels you liked locally to play offline later.

What makes it look like an art game to you? Is it the fact that you can edit levels, or is it the fact that they use "dream" as a buzzword that literally just means "game"? I know you're capable of using words to express your argument.

I think they said on twitter that they had something planned for handling problems with copyright claims. Wether thats meant in a good or bad way, nobody knows. But i have a feeling that they are going to handle it decently. I think ive also heard them talk about it being player curated or something but dont quote me on this. I dont think its gonna turn into a DLC fuckfest like LBP was just from the fact alone that there are no hard dev side assets and the entire pitch of the game is to make everything from scratch.

Its the fact that its low poly garbage with no good design such as pic related
Getting sick of fucking cuckchan shills coming here

Are you saying that the sackboy has a good design, or no good design? It's hard when you don't use any fucking punctuation.

Yep, no reason somebody would discuss a video game on Holla Forums unless they're from halfchan. Off yourself.

Bump

I don't think you'll have a lot of discussion here because Holla Forumsirgins don't give a fuck about creating content, we just consume. Dreams looks like the next step after LBP and I'm pretty hyped for it, especially after the latest streams and demos they showed off after a long period of silence. I'd like to try and make a traditional survival horror game with fixed camera angles when it comes out. Got an idea for it already that might be feasible.

LBP had 9/11 levels

LBP was great though, this is the basic design for a character who is basically a blacnk-slate for the player to customize, so what the fuck are you talking about ?

Yeah i figured something like that. But i have a need to discuss this and all other places are fucking reddit-tier cancer. Even more than this place anyways Nice choice of image aswell since i was thinking that gondola would be a perfect topic for a comfy dreams level. Just playing a gondola that walks around nice scenery with somber music in the background.

NO GAEMZ

They confirmed VR support and online multiplayer is coming after release, so there's a lot of potential. Hipsters can have walking simulators and everybody else can enjoy a private waifu harem so it's all good. I can also see a Smash clone happening very easily, with simple model swaps anyone can make. The editor seems robust yet easy to use so it's up to the community more than ever,

> console locked babbies' first game engine with (((moderation))) to ensure everything you make is kosher

The bear character looks very cute imo.

I have never seen so much delusion in one post

Nigger we have VRchat, World, Second Life, Garrysmod, Minecraft, mods, Mario Creator and dev threads
This is just shilling for a piece of shit game just because its on the PS4.

Why is she so angry? Why are her eyes so dead?

Can't wait for CrowbCat's video on it

Holy shit, nuke this studio

Looks like trash, the game devs are french numale hipster faggots and it looks like a nongame that wont sell and thus wont have any content because the lazy numales lack the agency to create a campaign.

Don't compare it to little big planet because at least little big planet looked good.