store.steampowered.com/app/758090/Monobeno/
vndb.org/v/all?q=;fil=tagspoil-0;rfil=;o=d;s=pop
hooktube.com/watch?v=1TvaAwzhMEs
vndb.org/v2366
vndb.org/v13
vndb.org/v96
vndb.org/v11194#main
igg-games.com/?s=Grisaia
forums.fuwanovel.net/topic/12348-musumaker-translation-project-common-route-100-translated/?page=6
8ch.net/vn/catalog.html
tss.asenheim.org/
vnjs.thatplayer.com/
vndb.org/v7689
exhentai.org/g/678923/49360f880f/
exhentai.org/g/679738/a9b5fa8029/
exhentai.org/g/680345/e0b0da275c/?p=23
vndb.org/v1286
vndb.org/v67
vndb.org/v16263
vndb.org/v9093
vndb.org/v20337
vndb.org/v7316
vndb.org/v6710
forums.fuwanovel.net/topic/1461-kono-oozora-h-scenes-porting-project/?page=51
nicoblog.org/genre/visual-novel/
nyaa.pantsu.cat/
sukebei.pantsu.cat/
erogedownload.com/
vndb.org/v4806
mega.nz/#!wmI0jSbA!DcNw8Cy11IsqpZvI7gTkZjgiElJAKbZVHwuLTwmfw9I
vndb.org/v535
anime-sharing.com/forum/hentai-games-38/japanese-[031121][acaciasoft]-シスターコントラスト!-210877/
bitshare.com/files/wzud41ng/KKCG7X_HG2A.part1.rar.html
bitshare.com/files/im1dzokb/KKCG7X_HG2A.part2.rar.html
vndb.org/v952
mediafire.com/file/hjvuo5h843b7q41/[PC] [JAP] Sakura Taisen Premium Edition-cd1 (Sakura Taisen) [Sega-Red] [Full DVD] [MDF].rar
mediafire.com/file/2q7tbq2tvtln8l4/[PC] [JAP] Sakura Taisen Premium Edition-cd2 (Sakura Taisen 2) [Sega-Red] [Full DVD] [MDF].rar
mediafire.com/file/xx4dxa6e3gx5pkz/[PC] [JAP] Sakura Taisen Premium Edition-cd3 (Sakura Taisen 3) [Sega-Red] [Full DVD] [MDF].rar
mediafire.com/file/7vprdw7agbmo41s/[PC] [JAP] Sakura Taisen Premium Edition-cd4 (Sakura Taisen 4) [Sega-Red] [Full DVD] [MDF].rar
iwakuraproductions.wordpress.com/2014/09/01/the-sakura-wars-pc-fan-translation-project/
pastebin.com/XKrrckWf
8ch.net/vn/res/42.html
8ch.net/v/res/13995954.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Honest question: What are the top 10 best VNs for someone looking to get into VNs?

not video games
dubs thread

Every thread people ask for recommendations and downloads which got me thinking. Why don't we make a collection or pastebin for VNs? More of a list that contains link to VNs. Many don't get seeded these days and we always have to resort to either getting them from others or going through annoying sites like Erogedownloader.

Think this is a good idea? And if so, what way should we go about it? MEGA is not something I would rely on as they can easily take down your links and no one will most likely update broken links.

Any particular genres or themes you're interested in? Anything you want to avoid as well? Does having gameplay matter to you and are you looking for something light or heavy on adult material?

Since when has this become a thing? It's like when I discovered preordering pocket pussies existed.

Feels really good, Tanaka Romeo is a god. Cross Channel really was golden and I recommend anyone to play it. If you can understand Japanese play ~Final Complete~ edition as it has new CGs and a much better resolution.

WHEN?

When Monobeno gets released in English on Steam.

I think I may be interested in playing VNs where "getting the girl" is not the main focus of the game. I don't mind a little romance or sexual content in my games, but I bet there are good VNs out there that aren't your usual dating simulator.

No clue honestly. Don't really see a point in doing so myself but its an option for those who want to.

YU-NO, Utawarerumono, The House in Fata Morgana, Policenaughts, Symphonic Rain, EVE Burst Error, and Kara no Shojo. You can easily find out about any of these on the VNDB.

I don't know how anyone that loves CC could recommend people read it with the translations it has.

Don't even joke about that. If it can happen to Teaching Feeling it can happen to anything.

Might be more likely than you think. Monobeno's Steam page has an English description where it really doesn't need one. Why bother unless an English version is in the works? We now live in a world where English Monobeno on Steam is more likely than Half Life 3. Am I taking crazy pills?

Too late store.steampowered.com/app/758090/Monobeno/

All they need to do is just keep the loli CGs out of the visual preview images and keep the description vague like it is currently and not be retarded like those Key to home people who were way too obvious about the content of the game.

I'm not big into visual novels, so I don't visit these threads often. What did you guys think of Doki Doki Literature Club?

Teaching Feeling was licensed by Sekai.
It's a fate worse than death

Doing good work with the first post OP.
And of course a yuri VN has to come out just at the tail end of the year. I'll get to it after I've finished a few other things. January shall be catch up month again.

I'd say the top twenty on this list are a good place to start.
vndb.org/v/all?q=;fil=tagspoil-0;rfil=;o=d;s=pop
Those VNs cover everything from school, crime, tragedies and slice of life. Also vary in length so you get a feel at how long you can read a VN before it starts burning you out.
Honestly, just take your pick, read the synopsis and see if you takes your fancy. I got started in VNs by playing Fate/Stay Night and I've slowly been going through that top twenty list.

These threads are pretty comfy when we're talking about VNs, thing is translating and releasing stuff takes time so sometimes there's not alot to talk about.
And to be honesty, DDLC is wasted potential. It relies to heavily on the meta and if it were longer with the characters fleshed and the meta aspect saved as a shock for last, then it would have been effective.

I agree. And thanks for the link, I'll probably start looking into other VNs like that other user.

Stein;Gate and Fate are your things, then.

It would be better to just make an starter pack, 8/v/ approved.
Just seeding torrents constantly should be enough, currently there are no services reliable for long term storage.

Probably a long time. There are a few bonus that usually are not related to in-game content. I really like pre-orders when they offer physical rewards, it's only cancer when you get exclusive content.

2 Questions. What exactly is a Galgame? I'm guessing something to do with the girls? And it's the protagonist the guy who rejects the girls?

Memeshit. Undertale of Visual Novels.

Saya no uta is a good starting point, it's a good one and fairly short, unlike most VNs which are 30-50 hours long.

Yeah which is a shame because it was the closest to getting Kimi no Kanojo to Kanojo no Koi in english.

Guess I gotta learn Nip if I ever wanna do the third route

I'd be down for this, anyone here above average at editing?

What's wrong with the translations? I heard the Geroge Henry Shaft one was mostly made up, but what about the amaterasu one? I downloaded it recently and was gonna start reading soon but if the translation is really that terrible maybe I'll wait until I've learned jap.

What's wrong with the 2013 translation? I just patched it yesterday but probably won't be reading it for a while.

So I'm new to this whole Sakura shitshow and holy shit. I feel really bad for all the people screwed up by those Winged Cloud. There seems to be genuinely interested people on making a good market for VNs and the such in the west, but I fucking knew Kickstarter and Patreon would fuck these new markets with people who would take advantage of it.
I feel particularly bad for artists, specially what Wanaca person, it should feel really terrible to be persecuted in that way by someone. In any case, the current artist is cute but as a person who speaks spanish she seems to be ok with the whole deal, mostly because she doesn't seem to be as persecuted. I hope things go well with her. hooktube.com/watch?v=1TvaAwzhMEs
Do you think Sakura games have potential to be better, user? Like, if you use the same art style and develope the story further, maybe add actual H-content, you think some of them would be alright?

I'm bellow average but I can give it a try if a coherent list is armed. At the very least we'd have a list to screencap.

Welp, in that case, I guess I'll just wait. Fuck it.

A meme visual novel that got popular because PewDiePie came here and saw a thread about it so he played it himself. After he played it it went viral. It's not bad from what I heard but nothing great. There are many other VNs worth your time. 999 is great if you want some meta.

Thanks. I try to make the OPs worth reading and up to date. It takes a while to make them. Another yuri VN sounds great too. I can't get enough yuri in general. There's been a nice amount of good yuri manga too.

Galgame is just a game centered around cute girls. Reading the VNDB tags, the male is the MC.

I could make a new MEGA account and add VNs to it. As long as the filenames themselves are vague, they won't be deleted.

Any game has the potential to be better if it's not fucked over by publishers. Maybe they could have been something good over time. But at this point, it's fucked.

Good, lolicons are the lowest of the lowest

Baby's first meta VN

Went in blind, expected way more than what was in it. It's okay I guess. If you wanted to get a normalfag into VNs you could pick worse things to recommend.

Does anyone know where I can find a copy of G-senjou no Maou, I've checked nyaa pantsu, nyaa si, and fuwanovel so far

I just want some comfy VN, no drama,, no bullying, no lewds, just happy times and headpats, any recommendations?

vndb.org/v2366
Pretty much exactly what you're asking for.

VNfags are hardcore.

Outside of its subject matter, everything about Saya no Uta makes it easily accessible to pretty much anyone.

Compare it to something like Clannad, which is one of the first VNs for a lot of people but generally not recommended as an entry-level VN.

It is though. It's short and only has a few different endings, so it's easy to introduce certain people to. The narrative gimmick of the MC seeing everything normal as Lovecraftian horror catches attention. Other VNs are much longer in length and have many different choices and bad endings which frustrate casual players

Sakura games are the genesis of everything wrong with VNs. So no, they couldn't. They're almost as big of a cancer as ToHeart2

Hey, same guy from last thread that asked for a VN that would give me actual depression or paranoia. Got recommended ever17 twice and so have been playing that oh I'm paranoid alright. The last thread disappeared before I thought to copy down what was recommended to me, so I'm going to once again ask.

Any good VNs to give me actual depression or paranoia?

I need some recommendations of VNs that feature toddlercon or very small lolis and I don't want to use Google for that.

Here, user, have fun.

Use VNDB instead, then. Simply search for the relevant tags.

Shit man, as long as you have time and patience its good.

Thats great as well, the link could even be put in the chart

Jesus Christ how degenerate
as long as you stick to 2D

I need to stop using quick reply, holy shit

I'm not sick

Thanks

Mangagamer has a **not so`` Humble Bundle right now

thanks, will check out

The very first thing in the OP is an archive of the last thread.

You mean mofumoe?

Damn, I thought it was going to be something more like this.

Based source user, I really missed fuwanovel.

Thanks user. I've been away from VNs for about 3 years now and just got back in because someone recommended DDLC, but it was fucking gay and I want to play something real

Reminder

Ten years from now nobody will remember this faggot or why he is in it, same thing as adding memes

Burn it all

Acceleration of Suguri 2 never fucking ever
I want a vanilla vn where the protag isn't a fucking soyboy and has shit going for him, like Majikoi or Devil on G-String. Vanilla only allowed.

Nekopara OVA when?

I've only played one VN, Katawa Shoujo, and it was nice and then 999/VLR if you count those as VNs. Is there any pirateable, similar VN you would recommend. I'm not that interested in the romance stuff, more of a good story that can branch.

Saya no Uta. I've played a handful of novels, and this is the only one I found with good return on time investment.

see

YU-NO

Grisaia is now oficially trash beyond the original trilogy, just like Star Wars.

For a meta-narrative it did a shit job of accounting for my actual choices, like how after Sayori was made to off herself I stopped giving a shit and just wanted to make the rest of the girls suffer.

meme game

If you like 999, then play Ever17.

Who?

Toshino Kyoko is so cute, please post another picture.

Daily reminder that VNs are not vidya and that the Diamond Dogs are coming to get y'all.

3 silver coins

A few minutes in, I'm already hooked, thanks m8

Will definitely check out.

Will hold off for now.

this one time I was playing the steam version of nekopara, but I left the sound on for the part that sounds like the fucking fart putty being thunderfucked, you know the one. Anyways, while I was mid-dick-slap my mom came in and started telling me about how anime was Jewish mind control, but she didn't realize the full gravity of the situation until she turned around and saw me shooting my vanilla cream all over chocola, by the time she spun back around to look at me I was already fifteen yards down the hallway butt ass naked, I molested my dad- who is dead- while I was running through the pet graveyard in our backyard. My mom chased after me on a hoverboard-segway combo, but my red sonic-inspired shoes were too fast for her. The night ended with me painting the moon white, being chased has always been my fantasy. Basically what i'm trying to say is go fuck yourself.

Saved

Nice memepost. I rate it 4/10 for the effort.

I'm not fucking around you little bitch

Now, the important question - Why Chocola and not Vanilla ?

>>>/oven/

this is a no bully zone. >: ()

So I made a throw away MEGA account to store VNs on. 50GBs is something but I feel I could do something better so I started looking around. I'm trying out Tencent's QQ International for now.

Who and why? I see no reason to do this.

Played it and it wasn't as fun as Senko no Ronde 2 which just came to PS4 and PC.

How so?

What did I fucking say
Steam is going to be the death of Visual Novels. Easy access and increased exposure makes this shit happen, and gives Sekai their undeserved shekels

I liked AoS2 way more, it feels way faster and cleaner.

This is the start of the golden age of licensed media, or maybe it already is. Relax your anus, there's 7 levels of hell between us and normies.

Just have more stuff made with loli in it. Lewd loli in particular. That scares the normalfags off better than anything.

fuck off chris

kek

I fucking hate Steam.

What's wrong user, don't you want a golden age

The "Golden Age" of licensed media is also the collapse of fan translation communities.
I don't care about VNs being recognized or licensed or whatever. I care about them being produced and translated. You gonna try and sell me that Sekai existing is in any way a Golden Age?
We live in a world where halfchan VN General posters also run a subreddit for VNs. The line grows thinner by the day.

Cuckchan is reddit these days, so that doesn't mean much.

I don't think anyone here argued against that. Everyone knows this is how the death of a medium/genre happens. Steam has been getting flooded with tumblr tier VNs too.

Definitely faster. Though I like the more melee options Senko gives you as well as the BOSS mode. Having a lot of meter makes BOSS mode pointless because a shield protects you from most of their attacks unless they're melee or large lasers.

For some reason, my older version of Firefox can't access MEGA. It's all I use Chrome for.

We gotta start somewhere before we develop any sort of tastes.

I know man I just see it happening a little bit more each day and I'm more raging against the world in general than anything else
I just want things to stay good. Normalfahs are ruining every series and genre I fucking like

Even without Steam, visual novel licensing has always been cancer.

Even if they only licensed untranslated titles, they would still probably get big enough that they would turn into the Crunchyroll/Funi of visual novels, licensing shit before anyone has the chance to start a fan translation and killing the fan translation scene that way instead.

Every time I visit vndb I like to check out a couple of the random VNs it shows you on the front page, it's a nice way to discover neat stuff that I wouldn't otherwise know about. In the past year or so at least 50% of the VNs that showed up were shitty western trash. This popularity is actually making it more difficult for me to find good stuff to read.

Everything is dying. Nothing to do but learn moon and pretend it's still 2005.

You forgot that very small japanese indies are being killed by the likes of Nicalis.

What's the state of LN tls, never was into it until recently when I read the one-shots on baka-tsuki, LNs are actually fun. Noticed a whole bunch of stuff is licensed, mostly self-insert, romcoms, fantasy, harem shit. Is there a market for comfy stuff like Mimizuku to Yoru no Ou or Tabi ni Deyou, Horobiyuku Sekai no Hate Made.

But in someway that's what we're doing anyways.

Obviously. You should have done that years ago.

Maybe I should just make two MEGA accounts or try out Google Drive.

I had the Sennheiser 650s for a while and they were great. Felt like moving on and got myself a AKG K712.

Haven't gotten into LNs much myself. I do find the occasional one uploaded on Nyaa but it's like you said. Mostly harem and romcom stuff.

So, I went for the full $10 bundle in the OP, already had and loved IMHHW, gifting that to a friend. Where should I start with the others?

I acquired dra+koi recently but I think the sound is fucked. Are there supposed to be sound effects and music right when the game begins or is my game fucked?

I would say go for Eden.

Princess Maker 2's pretty good if you want a raising sim. Nekopara games are pretty comfy and toothless in drama if you want to spend some time with catgirls.

You want paranoia? Ever17 is a good mystery but Remember 11 is it's weird older brother. I've been through it and even I don't understand all of it.
vndb.org/v13

Also finally remembered that boring one I tried to go through and that was I/O. Give it a try I guess.
vndb.org/v96

Another reason for me to not go beyond the original trilogy, besides the new girls and lesser art.

I don't know this guy and I don't think he should be in.

Why VNDB insists on adding renpy patreon trash games that get abandoned is beyond me.

Is lovesick puppies any good?

Sounds like the dorm aspects of majikoi and that's about it. Art looks nice so yeah, maybe.
Isn't in english unfortunately.
vndb.org/v11194#main

I've never been so upset over reading a visual novel before. Genuinely infuriating over how bad that was.

I know that the Fuwanovel one is well done.

About the Grisaia trilogy, were uncensored english versions of the second and third games ever released? If so, anyone got a download?

Labyrinth and I'm guessing Paradise by Sekai still have mosaics.

Not talking about the mosaics, I mean English versions that don't have the H scenes cut out. I've only managed to find the first game so far.

I like how Doki Doki is taking all hate away from Katawa Shoujo by taking the normie spotlight

Eh, its ok for one playthrough but then you've seen it all. The whole "deleting" shit couldve been way bigger than it is now. Musics was good though.

I got them from igg and had no problems with them:
igg-games.com/?s=Grisaia
Also has melody, leisure and afterglow.

Also, just read that from Wanaca's twitter.

What's so bad about Sekai?

What about the art?

I have a lot of time as of now, so just bring it.

Saged, reported, and called the cops. Kill yourself, you normalfag piece of shit.

If the claim is that people control her social media accounts, why would a twitter post be proof otherwise? It could just be written by the guy who runs her twitter.

I'm not saying there's nothing wrong, faggot, I'm asked to be spoonfed so I can informed. From what I've read, they are a shit publisher, but I want to know exactly how.

True. But still, just like with the other artists, both seems to be either oblivious or apathetic of the whole deal. Also, there's the possibility that they are all in cahoots.

More than anything the problem with them is that they're just not Romeo. Japanese fans love Cross Channel so much because of the prose more than any other aspect. Ixrec (amaterasu) really can't write at all. I wouldn't trust him with Romeo even assuming he really knew Japanese, but I'm not entirely sure he does. Ixrec has deservedly gotten shit for his translation accuracy and he has thrown fits about in the past. I've heard people suggest that George Henry Shaft is legitimately insane. He might know Japanese better than Ixrec (maybe), but his writing isn't any better, just much more grandiose.

If you're willing to make an account on vndb you can go to the "visual novels" section on the menu, open the filters under the search bar, go to original language and pick Japanese, then click save as default. This filter applies to everything on the site, including the four screenshots on the front page, and the "random visual novel" button. As long as you're logged in, that is.

I quit it without seeing any endings and just left it. It was boring as hell.
I noticed the writer doesn't know anything about Japan in that book scene with Yuri, Japanese books are read right to left but in that scene they are turning the pages the wrong way. What a shitty mistake.
Also the Mon-ika joke was shit too, I don't think Japanese people would even think of a pun like that. It's read Mo-ni-ka, and that changes a lot.

huh i dont know what you said nigger maybe start tripfagging so i can filter you you can accumulate the recognition you obviously deserve faget

I really hope it's something like a background character that appears only on a single line or something, and not a substantial character or even one that has more than 3 fucking lines of text in the game, if none at all.

What are the good spin-offs, though? I actually want to make a list on Chart for Grisaia seeing how much the fucking franchise expanded and I keep asking the same stupid question. Pic related is what user told me in the last thread.

So are you going to upload them by yourself or do you want user's help? I think I could help, but my upload speed is beyond shit.

I seriously hope this is a ruse, user.

This. Japanese market is oblivious from the rest of the world in the first place and it should remain that way. Fan translations can usually take more liberties when it comes to the actual translations, since it's people that actually knows what they are doing or what their audience want instead of a faceless company. VNs don't need recognition, the Japanese market is organic as it is, the western market would only shit on it Fuck you Inafune

You can also blame Patreon and Kickstarter. Western VNs are usually done there, and they are usually DAZ trash, cash grabs or just vaporware. VNDB shouldn't allow western VN's there with very specific exceptions, like, you know, trying to be an actual VN and not a fucking horribly made slide show.

As I said, there's no really good storage services at of now. Your best bet is a torrent, and people seeding it. A torrent with the VNs approved by Holla Forums should be enough.

I asked this in the last thread, and as far as I'm aware, even the "uncensored" have mosaic censorship, I believe.

Hold me.

>>>/cuckchan/

Has there been another cuckchan exodus? There have been way too many cuckchanners lately.

When you search for 4chan on Google "Holla Forums" appears first among the related sites along with reddit.

there was that 4/v/ meta fiasco two? months ago where nipmoot told the mods to fuck off and allow a metathread and they've been doing a shitty job of moderation since which is driving some anons here

VGAs/PSX, events/announcements that usally make posters go more shitposty than usual which makes them come here after shitposting too hard on their shit board.
Winter Holidays have also startes so you have plenty of cancerous newfag college and Highschool students with too much free time which also get banned and come here or come here straight away.

This should also add up, but I think the primary reason were the VGAs, we got a huge ISP increasw the moment that event begun to get close.

I was about to do that, then it ended, which made me more disappointed, I played it for maybe 3 hours.
No, he did this in purpose, he says shit like this in the afterlog and in the "fanbook"

Speaking of Teaching Feeling, are there any other VNs where you can nurse a broken little thing back to health and happiness? That really scratches an itch I know I didn't have, but that game was disappointing in that the endgame essentially boiled down to turning your daugtheru into a sex-crazed cock addict when hugs and headpats (and perhaps her making a successful life of her own) would have been all the more satisfying.

Princess Maker series is probably the closet thing to a tangent raising sim. Can even get the daughter to marry you if you raise her right.

Working on a Grisaia chart, gimme a bit.

Musumaker

Has a bit too much RNG for my taste. As in, you invest points in disciplines that seemingly make sense and promptly trigger 11,000 death flags through unlikely circumstances.

forums.fuwanovel.net/topic/12348-musumaker-translation-project-common-route-100-translated/?page=6
Huh, someone's actually working on a translation for that. 4% in about 2 months. That game is big.

truly the Dark Souls of trainer games

It's pretty hard to kill your daughteru in Princess Maker unless you actively try to.

That so? I will happily admit that I never played it myself, but from what I could gather, 80% of the game are game over screens because some random event requires you to have an abnormally high skill in a niche discipline that would be considered useless in all other contexts. Kind of like swimming in Deus Ex.

The Princess Maker series only has one good game and that is 2, which isn't that great to begin with, not to mention that the Steam remaster removes the best costume. PM3 is a complete step backwards and 4 is even more boring.

Are you thinking of Long Live the Queen instead?

That might actually be it. For reference, you start with a cute loli and then she dies over and over again, right?

Probably.

Right, that's what I was thinking of. Guess I'll give Princess Maker 2 a try, then.

LLtQ isn't RNG at all though. It's basically a trial and error game to find out which skills you are going to need for the coming situations. It's not like Princess Maker at all.

Yes, that's the point of Long Live the Queen, to see how many different ways you can die/ how many different endings there are.

Sekai Project is slowly killing off the fan translation scene by buying the publishing rights for an IP and just sitting on it so they can have a monopoly on the VN medium in the west. Their translations are usually worse than fans and take much longer to boot, assuming they actually translate the game and not just sit on it. There have been many times they've started kickstarters to only never give out all the physical merch. They're not a very small company anymore, they don't even need to do kickstarters for games now that they have so much money too. Overall, they're scummy and prey on the ignorant western otaku.

Some help would be appreciated. I have a decent selection of VNs but there's plenty I don't have. Also I guarantee that many here have read more VNs than I have and could recommend some underrated ones.

I would have no problem with this if I didn't seed so many things in the share threads.

My problem with Sekai is that they only care about the Steam market. They don't care about 18+ releases, and they usually don't even bother to get the non-mosaiced art. The only reason I would bother playing a VN in English is if it were uncensored compared to the original Japanese version.

Caring about the Steam market wouldn't be so bad, if only they went the Huniepop route. Sure, release an all-ages version, but give a free official patch to restore H scenes along with it.

Fucking kill me

If anyone wants the Steins;Gate spin-off just ask.

If they are partnered with Denpasoft for something, there is usually an R18 patch and you can buy the Denpasoft version without being tied to Steam. I did that with Wagamama High Spec.

Denpasoft is Sekai Project you dope.

Was that any good, by the by? I watched the promotional anime when it aired and it seemed extremely mediocre and directionless. I think I even downloaded it too, when it first dropped.

Anything noteworthy about it, or is it just good for a fap?

lol

It's their partner company. Also I bought it so I could upload it to Nyaa so no one else would buy it. Last I checked, 200+ people downloaded it when it first came out.

Decent for how much I read. Never got through it though as I've been jumping around VNs at the time. Hell, I uploaded Brave Souls here and I know many people got further in the game than I did. Fighting games take up most of my team.

That may hold true until you realise that no 3D woman is as pleasant or likeable as the ones in your chinese flipbooks. I'll stick to my escapism.
I never understood people who are so easily swayed by a piece of media.

Oh, I vaguely remember that. I probably picked it up when you posted it. It's a shame the game is pretty much average, but I suppose I should get around to completing it anyways, one of these days. Hope it works on wine.

THE GOONS FEAR THE LOLIS

VN of one additional meta layer(well, there is also arg but who cares) that can't even handle consistency within the small task it tried to accomplish. It's a complete disaster of conveying the message through mechanics to the point where it hinders your general ability to enjoy of what there is to enjoy.
>glitch and glitch text that is acknowledged and not acknowledged within the same world
>glitch and glitch text are displayed within a log

>at one point outright points the finger at what you should do to progress defeating the whole point of having a meta layer in the first place
>but then the action doesn't come into play and barely fucking matters

>wipes read text progress on completion

It wasn't clever enough or there wasn't enough dedication and effort put into it for it to actually work, what worked are shock value+e-celebs combo and meme potential. I'd put it as low as crapawa shitjou is not a game.

Alright. Got a chart I whipped up in paint. This should lay everything out. Haven't been through Paradise yet and I don't really want to go through Idol Michiru.

I started uploading some VNs to MEGA for this list. I wrote them down in a way I could recognize them but wouldn't get them take down. Here's the list so far.

Noble Works
Brave Souls
Fate Stay Night
Utawarerumono
Galaxy Angle 1-3
Chaos;Head
Demon Bane
Fruit of Grisaea
Daibancho Big Bang Age
Eiyuu Senki
Tsukihime

Will add more some times.

I think Ar Nosurge handled this type of thing much better. As in the relationship between Earthes and Ion. However I have yet to beat it. I regret reading spoilers about it not thinking I would play it someday.

It's a nice start.

Shame it isn't lewd It is?
Bless you, user.

Why such an aggressive approach? pic related, we all know, why just not offer actual payment to the guys doing the translation for revenue and a chance to publish them and integrate them to a more serious business?
First of all, we need to gather an starter pack, if nothing more. VNs take a lot of time to read, specially the long ones, so it's ok not to play a lot, so let's build a coherent list with "Start here" and then we can go to genres or specific niches.
Just another thing to host.

Steam is cancer, so that's even being discouraged and censored now. You can't distribute patches outside of steam now to make the game 18+ again, so what the Huniepop devs did wouldn't be possible now.
How are 18+ rules on GOG?

I'm sure I can make it prettier, but it would be tomorrow or the day after. Thanks for putting it together, though. As for the other, neither have I, but I admit I really want to play Idol Michiru.

What does that red line means?
Also, Idol Michiru is an unrelated spin-off, right?

Passable
But good effort, try a better color pallete though, for example something like a Black background, bold light Green body of texts and Red/Pink titles aside from the chart title.

>>>/out/

You could call it Fru1t 0f Gr1s@1a. And if someone wants to work on said chart, go ahead. I got stuff I need to do now.

Red means new series. Probably should include a key.

Noted.

I just want a VN where I can interact with either cute robots or cute fox-girls I'm fine with furshit as long as it's not too terrible

I'm also sort of interested in meta VNs but honestly I think that's gotten a bit too mainstream to not end terribly or cancerous.

So phantom trigger is completely unrelated to the main serie, right?

Isn't there one with a robot, planetarian or something? And also Kotou Yotogibanashi for fox girls.

I just finished it and came here to say it is fucking stupid. Explained all of its meta "weirdness" with stupid plot devices and took itself way too seriously.

Why go through all that effort just to sabotage yourself?

Usually these threads last about 2 weeks.

I never read it and doubt I will but the fact that so many got into it because it was a meme and not the premise should have been a huge warning sign.

I think he means robots and not cyborgs/androids

This is what I found looking it up.

and it says Holla Forums right there, congratulations for pointing that out.

I'm still glad that shithole gets all the blame and glory by normalfags, when shit that originally came from here, Krautchan, Ylilauta, 2chan or other major board trends.

Yeah. Kind of like pic related, I guess. I'd post the sliding scale but honestly I can't recall where I saved it to.

Top tier taste my friend
I can't find the mid solution attractive as well.
Its either non human looking or no go.

Eversion does the same thing but is actually good

They got blamed for sparking Sam Hyde's massive chain of hate-crime shootings.

They deserve it given that they treat our culture like a trendy image.

We're a culture not a costume user, geez. :^)

Bipedal/Humanoids = Human looking
Come on now

It's in the word user.

Your taste is shit.
You're only supposed to like machinery that looks like machine, not like anything else. Have sex with a hydraulic press, plebs.

What even is our culture? A bunch of otaku and video game enthusiasts arguing and talking on an anonymous image board? For something so simple, you would think many more places would do it.

You know what I mean and I'm not about to dump my porn folder to prove you wrong.
This shit is worst than flat chest vs full breasts autism

Hopefully a hydraulic press crushes your balls.
As a matter of fact you should comission that to Spacejin **

How new are you?

This thread is shit.

Come to think of it where is my loli x ara /ll/ vn?

You really need to get out.

ur shit

8ch.net/vn/catalog.html

That reminds me, I forgot to put the nostalgic visual novel in the OP.
tss.asenheim.org/

There's this site too. You can read Saya no Uta straight from the site.
vnjs.thatplayer.com/

Brand new. I came here yesterday. I like visual novels too.

Enough derailing
Any VN related events soon?
I'd like to seen Mangagamer picking up Imouto Paradise 3 soonish

Because we are different, we see the world through a perverted eye. Little girls are lolis, girls are tools to construct moe, women are auditions for our fantasies. We know how to pervert, and in doing so we become perverts.

We've discovered fire, through the sparks of a million fantasies, we've learned to create our own. For a normie everything is the norm. For us everything is fucked up. And so that divides us.

I'm just bullshitting.

V I D E O G A M E S

It's set in the same 'world' as the first three grisaia VNs, even still takes place in Mihama but has a new artist, characters and plot.

Mangagamer have that end of year survey which allows them to gauge interest in different titles soon I think. Recommend putting in that vanilla elf harem one by Line.

So in short, yes. Unrelated.

VNs aren't really a popular enough thing to sustain a dedicated board. We just don't have the usercount.
>vnjs.thatplayer.com/
Thanks for the link, I hadn't heard of that one. Are things supposed to look this fucked up though? I can either have spaced out sprites or text covering half the screen. Granted it's been a while since I read True Remembrance, but I don't remember it being quite this janky.

Theres plenty of board specific culture and history specific to Holla Forums from anti SJW shit being igrained in the board so hard raid have and will happen on safe spaces with it.
Holla Forums and Holla Forums walking a thin line plus Gamergate and Gamergate and board related tans.
The mere existance of /monster/, /hgg/, /htg/, bane and /leftypol
Crow and /tg/ being based as fuck

And countless other shit like the Boston Salt Party, Holla Forums raids anD many more.

Aye, thanks
Will do

Older VNs just filled the screen with text at times and were made pretty poorly. Something I don't see much today is real images thrown under a filter for backgrounds. I know Higurashi did this and I think Chaos;Head did as well.

I mainly just wanted to hear what people would say about this board's culture. I've actually been on 4chan since 2008 and came here with the first exodus. How this place was during that first exodus compared to now is like night and day. Barely any shitposting because the board was too slow to get any instant gratification from it. Posting wise, it was similar to /a/. Not that everyone talked about headpatting lolis but put some thought into their posts as they wanted to say everything as the next post wasn't going to come for a while. The more popular this place got the more 4chan posters came.
I wish cyber was more active

>I wish /cyber/ was more active
Holy shit, I have finally found my nigger.
Was the multi armed augmented waifu officialized as a tan before the Next bullshit?
I fucking miss /mu/ and /mecha/ as well, holy fuck those 30 guys that dissapeared out of them really made a difference

A ton of indie, tumbler, elovn have picked up the technique.

Took me 3 years to finish reading this kept dropping it and yesterday i did mizuhas route till the end in one sitting took me about 12 hours.
But what a fucking ride it was now i feel bad for not finishing it earlier.

Apparently Sekai is in the red year after year because they pay far too much for licenses and Dovac has a fucking terrible business sense.

I've started reading Comyu using the current translation a couple months ago, but haven't really bothered with it since. Did some 5 or so hours of it. I know Ixrec worked on it so I assume the translation's pretty garbage? It's dry as I would've expected, but are there too many mistakes and things like that?

Sekai won't die, it'll just become a skeleton company that sues anyone who tries to do anything with a game they have a deal with.

Key has me by the balls, goddamn

Clannad is the type of VN you invite to your home for dinner, relax with it for a little while, let it tuck you into bed then when the lights turn off goes full Kano, violently shoves his fist into your chest and pulls out your heart. While you lay there dying from the bloodloss and trying to breathe, it crushes your heart right in your face. Then it rips it's own heart out and shoves it back into your chest. You take a few moments to let the dizziness fade away before you notice Clannad slump to the floor, bleeding from a hole where it's heart use to it.
Morale of the tale is Clannad lulls you into a false sense of security, then it'll destroy your heart right in front of your face. Clannad will give you a new heart though, one tougher and full of life, but it's not the same heart you had when you first met Clannad.

Don't get me wrong, I still adore it. But it's possibly the most violent VN you'll ever go through.

Kanon is better

Kinda wished recent releases of Clannad fixed a bit of the art (as well as any VN that used old Hinoue's art before she started to learn a bit of anatomy during Little Busters), because it's major turn off.

Just like, make a pastebin and paste links to media fire files.

Like a clockwork, the world keeps turning round and round, every hour like the last; one tick at a time.
Every night the clock strikes 12 and a new day begins with the thunderous roar of meaninglessness, another tick, another day.
And after gruesome hours of repetition, time decides it's midnight once more. And midnight will be no difference from noon, will be no difference from sunset, will be no difference from sunrise. For each hour ends the same way. Another tic another hour.

And after gruesome days of repetition, time decides it's Sunday, and tomorrow will be no different than today, will be no different than Tuesday, will be no different than Friday. The clock strikes midnight, and it begins again. For each day ends the same way. Another toc, another day.

And after gruesome weeks of repetition , time decides it's the last day of the month. And next month will be no difference from this month, will be no difference from January, will be no difference from July. The clock strikes midnight and it all begins again. For each day ends the same way. Another tic another day.

And after gruesome months of repetition time decides it's autumn. And Winter will be no different from autumn, will be no difference from spring, will be no difference from summer. For every day ends the same way.
Another toc another day.

And after gruesome seasons of repetition, time decides it's new years eve. And next year will be no difference from this year, will be no difference from 1984, will be no difference from 2001. For each day ends the same way. Another tic another day.

And after gruesome years of repetition you decide to look back at all what happened. You sit down, try to put memories onto paper. Preserve the past in a bottle, savour the sweet moments you once had. But you fail to find a point to start, for every day began just like the last, another toc another day. Your hands cramp, you spend hours, days, weeks thinking about what happened, but all that echoes through your mind is the clock your grandfather once wound up. He never experience the next day. Another tic took him away.
It will never stop. Another day, another toc.

Cool your autism, son.

Autism't can't just be tamed. The military learned this the hard way.

Don't tell him what to do, Lamelord.

I made the mistake of buying Ray Gigant. Never again.

He needs a right beating, I tell you hwat.

You can't beat the autism out of me. My parents already tried that!

That's quitter talk. Clearly we need to beat you harder.

Go ahead and try, faggot.

This is how the Grisaia chart is turning out. It's color coded. Blue is main trilogy, green side stories, yellow spin off and red the new arc. I'll add a play order:
Fruit > Labyrinth > Melody = Afterglow > (Leisure) > Paradise > (Idol) > Phantom Trigger

Nice. This is looking really good.

The site is vndb.org

Is the font legible enough? This one is smaller since it is the that has more text. I may the the other bigger or keep it that way for consistency.

Isn't it angelic howl?

All the little white bits, outside of the black outline of the font, are really distracting. Its kinda annoying. Not sure if its the font itself, or a rendering issue.

Not only was the tag deleted but the description was fucking wrong as well, it's not just "babies", its mostly the preschool themed stuff that I like.

Probably rendering issues, I'm trying to smooth them with anti-aliasing or trying to do them all black, but I suck at this.

It was a mistake, my bad.

I was planning on posting them in a pastebin. Just collecting more before I do so.

Anyone in the Vita thread could have told you it's barely a dungeon crawler and that Dungeon Travelers 2 is everything but better. But at least it has good music.

Good shit nigger keep it up

Still unfinished. Other thing I could change?

Text is too small. Can't read shit.

That chart title font
Otherwise breddy gud

Times new Roman, or GTFO.

That isn't the full resolution, though, this is.

Any good for to use as title? I can try using the same one I'm using for the rest of the text.

I'm actually using the same font the VN uses. I thought it could have been a novelty.

I think that would work

Why did you put spoiler in a chart that, I assume, is for people who haven't played them yet?

To make more sense of the story. It's not exactly an spoiler, it's more of an overview or description, but it's just in case you want to go in blindly. I could remove it, though, or make it more concise, I'm copying what user wrote here

I don't think it got better. For some reason I can't make the letters bigger either.

The guy who translated phenogram just announced that he is translating darling, probably from Chinese again.

wat. Who would want a translation of a translation?

I wonder how something Japanese translated to English and then translated back to Japanese would read for Japanese people.

I put more effort on this than in anything in my life, so I hope it's alright.
Is Majikoi as complicated or even more? Because I might do one for Majikoi too

Is there anything similar to Katawa Shoujo ? I feel like getting depressed this Christmas

Kana Little Sister

Unfortunately, nothing comes quite as close to scratching that itch like Katawa Shoujo.

Will it ever be released?

Its being written by literally reddit, so I hope not.

Not vidya. Never will be.
Mark is a faggot and a kike.

:^)

He is not only a kike but also may allah forgive me for what i'm going to say, a new yorker.

say it aint so

This is real popular in reddit right now!!!!

to be fair doki doki lit club is probably the most reddit thing ever created (following undertale).

undertale is Tu-um-bu-ler, get your cancers straight user.

Can someone post the yandev's final sperging? preferably one with responses.

So what VN are you learning Japanese for?.

And he says it so politely too.

Thank you
How pozzed was he before the fall? I never hopped into the Yandere Sim threads when they were up so I never got the chance to put two and two together.

I didn't pay much attention to them either, but I do remember him saying that he had never heard of the concept of yandere until shortly before he started making the game. Think of that what you will.

I unironically believed in yanderedev
feels like forever ago

I have confidence that the game will turn out like crap years from now, because he can't take any criticize what so ever.
BTW, Does anyone have a cap of when he polled his new fanbase?

Yosuga no Sora. Although, I learned first and foremost because of Kamen Rider Batride War.

Faggot didn't understood or even cared for what he was doing or what it even was. He was surprised when people demanded lewd content or when they got mad with censorship. Shit hit the fan when he put the "double skirt" bullshit instead of just showing the damn panties.

He was right though. Pandering to anons was a mistake. It only shows weakness. However he was wrong to react with such indignation at people turning on him, which shows even more weakness. They will smell blood in the water, particularly when SJW shenanigans are also suspected.

Basically he never should have come here with the slave mentality he had. And if he decided to leave he should have said nothing and left. Knowing this place plenty of his fanbase would probably suck dick to get back in his good graces.

At least he will have his reddit money though, if not his dignity.
But he could have had both.

Pandering to anyone is always a mistake. If you are naive enough to make your own game, make it your own. But it's clear the faggot was always in for the money, using meme terms as an approach to scam people off.

If Yandev came here today he'd probably try to do a meta VN.

He never could have had both. Using your personal identity to deal with anonymous chaos is like having a schizophrenic girlfriend. On a long enough timescale they'll never be satisfied. First he got drawn in by the only genuine praise you can find on the internet, praise that comes from people with no identity. Eventually, the threads got popular beyond the original niche audience and the ocean of piss pissed back. Memers with no ties to the development wanted to have their fun and started poisoning the well. Yandev reacts, the OG community irrationally feels insulted, the react back, and it's a cycle of back and forth until the post above happens.

People aren't exactly used to this sort of thing, interacting with an amorphous mass of faceless people, so we start to use heuristics as shorthand. Even we often refer to a board like we would a person, and substituting board consensus with a single person or small group's likes and dislikes. If any behavior in this entire sequence seems irrational it's because none of us are, not really. I don't think he ever could have had both.

I think he genuinely wanted to please a niche community at the start. Keep in mind back when he started, notch's presence on Holla Forums was a recent memory and the amateur gamedev threads gained a ton of traction overnight. That's an attractive community to be part of if you have the skills and drive. Modern life is out of balance and all of us are strangers in our own towns so we'll go after whatever simulated community we can find.

This is some good shit nigger nice job

Bunny Black 3. I imagine I'll be disappointed since it's highly likely not to have Meryl, who is default best girl.

Pretty good user. Here's some praise.

Yes hello friends I am here to discuss VNs

I know you're trying to stir up shit but remember that half/v/, before it got pozzed, discussed morenatsu a lot when it had come out.

Did it really?

Honestly I'm just glad to have something cater to what I like for once. Writing-wise it's shit, but it's my shit

oh hello there :3

So the Konosuba VN game was released on PC in japan… How long until there's a english patch?

That's the paths I'd recommend going through in order, as that's how it's also presented in the VN.

Nice. Majikoi is simply first one > S > A 1 - 5.

Hello friend! Nice image, mind if I save it?

oc donut steel

I can forgive the heterosexuality and the monstergirls, but playing in windowed mode is a dark and dangerous path. How are you supposed to get immersed if you don't commit to fullscreen?

I hope you enjoy your NTR.
vndb.org/v7689

Spoiler that shit user,

Maybe a bullet is more suited for you, user.

How long till you learn Japanese, user?

How comes every time I have hope for something decent looking NTR ruins it? Why can't I have nice things? Why niche fetishes are lumped with shit fetishes?

o gomen gomen

Yeah, though it was always late night like the Yume Nikki threads. Furshit isn't usually my thing, but at least the guys looked like guys in that game and it being kemono meant no sparkledogs.

This is the same shit I go through with doujin

There are so many anime based VNs that never see the light of day here. The Vita is also full of them. It's time to learn moon.

Not all NTR. I think you just need to avoid the spider girl as here story involves NTR. And I heard it's mainly because she's a slave owned by someone else. This is not a story centered around sunshine and roses it seems.

these

But she is the cutest! I understand wanting conflict in your story, but there are thousands of ways you can do it other than fucking NTR.

Does anyone have the screencaps of him praising Holla Forums and talking how cuckchan was a shithole? It was in a thread earlier in 2016, when he got kicked off of cuckchan.

Also does anyone have the webm of him reading that letter that was written to him one letter at a time? He says nigger a couple of times, back when he was actually cool.

He's always been a lolcow. Look up his Gaia Online days.

Oh no doubt he was, but still he was alright.

Well I uploaded 50GBs of VNs and have a few more to add like . The actual starter pack list will be shorter than this but I'm just gathering more VNs in general. I'll make a pastebin with all the links when I make a new thread. Speaking of which, are there any special fonts that should be included with this pack? Some games need those to work.

I didn't expect this one to blow through so fast. And it didn't take someone going apeshit about NTR to end it.

Like Clannad, Air, and Saya. Don't know how I missed that.

Is there a CG collection for that vampire chick in the fifth OP pic? She's cute and I want to look at her more.

exhentai.org/g/678923/49360f880f/
exhentai.org/g/679738/a9b5fa8029/
exhentai.org/g/680345/e0b0da275c/?p=23

2nd CG sets is the main one full of portraits. If only there were more good VNs with nuns that don't just end up getting raped by orcs or look like prostitutes.

Thanks.

To VN vets, is the humble bundle a gud? I've only enjoyed about half a dozen or so VNs and I've pretty much loved them all so far. And this bundle is pretty cheap with lots to enjoy, it seems. I'm barely buying fucking vidya anymore so might as well use that budget on something.

Short but a good one. Girl stuck in a facility that's supposed to save humanity.
vndb.org/v1286
Good mystery in a small down, before they screwed up with Umineko. 5 chapters
vndb.org/v67
Actually a continuation of another Yuri VN. Should probably go through that one first if you're interested.
vndb.org/v16263
Not a bad title. Group of friends gather to build a glider and fly on it. Long VN.
vndb.org/v9093
Short, kinda average. No redeeming features really.
vndb.org/v20337
Developed for overseas if you want to see Japan through a VN. Has a bilingual option so it's worth going through to develop your japanese skills.
vndb.org/v7316
Might be good. Says the protag is kind of oblivious though. It should be noted that it's the "all-ages" version so I don't know if it's +18 and contains sex scenes, of which there are many.
vndb.org/v6710

Some good, some bad. So above average.

Should be noted that 5 chapters of higurashi is not the complete story, and If my heart had wings translation is shit even with fixes.

Thanks. So… worth 10 USD?

forums.fuwanovel.net/topic/1461-kono-oozora-h-scenes-porting-project/?page=51
There's a re-translation project going. Apparently they've already done the long common path and one of the heroines path. So better translation soon maybe.

Probably.

Release date is already set. Don't you check reddit? Never Ever.

Never pay more than 20 Dollars for a video game. This time you get like 7 for ten buckaroos. As long as these aren't shit VNs go for it.

I'm going to give you the opinions of people who have read them. If My Heart Had Wing's translation was below average from what I've heard. Higurashi is considered overrated because a lot of retarded shit happens to make some things work, though it has some good to it before the ending. Not terrible but not great either. Princess Evangile I heard was pretty good but Noble Works is the same thing but better according to some. Eden is mostly the best thing on that list but I'm just going off reviews and haven't heard many talk about it.

If you want to grab some VNs, there isn't much of a reason to buy them unless you want to support the industry (and honestly there are only a few I would support like Mangagamer). There are a few good sites to download/torrent/play visual novels from though.

nicoblog.org/genre/visual-novel/ (No NSFW VNs here anymore)
nyaa.pantsu.cat/ (SFW)
sukebei.pantsu.cat/ (NSFW)
erogedownload.com/ (Cover SFW and NSFW despite having eroge in its name. A pain in the ass but reliable. Jdownloader2 makes it less painful)
tss.asenheim.org/ (Oldschool VNs that you can read/play online. Can even use it on mobile devices. Saves your data to the site as well so you don't have to finish it in one sitting.)
vnjs.thatplayer.com/ (Similar to above but different selection.)

I'm making a VN starter kit (almost done uploading everything) next thread so you can wait on that instead. Here's Noble Works if you're interested. It's a little long though. If you want something shorter, there's Saya no Uta in the "vnjs" link above.

Noble ☆ Works
vndb.org/v4806
mega.nz/#!wmI0jSbA!DcNw8Cy11IsqpZvI7gTkZjgiElJAKbZVHwuLTwmfw9I

I try to buy when I can and if the price is reasonable, which this time it seems very much so. Also this humble bundle is in affiliation with mangagamer which was another thing that made me consider it.

Usually I pirate though because looking at some old VNs from 2000-2010 and their official publisher sites still try to peddle them for like 45 USD which is jewish as fuck. I'd be buying all these old VNs if they cost as much as every other old ass game you see like on gog, but they don't. Idiots.

Nicu idea

I can post Sakura Teisen and Galaxy girl games later if you guys want them.

Didn't mean to reply to anyone sorry.

But daddy, I want them NOW!

Are you really learning Japanese to read Fault?

One I still can't find a seeding torrent or working download for, vndb.org/v535 .

I can't upload them right now.

Then why make a post here about it?
Upload when you can. Making announcements without having anything to show yet is a bad practice.

I'm sorry user, I fucked up.

Try here?
anime-sharing.com/forum/hentai-games-38/japanese-[031121][acaciasoft]-シスターコントラスト!-210877/

links are all dead.

These, from the same page, aren't, user.
bitshare.com/files/wzud41ng/KKCG7X_HG2A.part1.rar.html
bitshare.com/files/im1dzokb/KKCG7X_HG2A.part2.rar.html

If they do work, then my browser must've not been working since those were the first one's I tried when lookong for this game.

Yes

You're right, doesn't work, sorry for putting your hopes ups. Any way you can buy the game in dslite or something?

I might be able to, I will try it and if I do get it I will make a torrent out of it for you guys. Even though it's in nip. Also here is the Sakura Teisen games 1-4 that I got off of nyaa. There was only one seeder so I decided it as easier to do this. Here is information on the game vndb.org/v952 though the games in nip there might be a fan translation. Also can I have any tips on buying stuff from japan sites since I doubt it will take foreign cards.

Never mind I have to re-upload it since it just canceled the mediafire download since I closed the tab on accident.

How did this happen? VNs aren't this popular.

Flavor of the Week Literature Club

There are barely any post about Doki Doki Literature Club, though. There's also the whole Winged Cloud thing and the chart that was on the making. Also, your usual VN talk.

Here is the first Sakura Teisen game. I have 3 more uploading, though I have to do them separately or else they won't upload correctly. mediafire.com/file/hjvuo5h843b7q41/[PC] [JAP] Sakura Taisen Premium Edition-cd1 (Sakura Taisen) [Sega-Red] [Full DVD] [MDF].rar

It's because people are getting interested in VN's. Hopefully with this boost of poster's we can revive >>>/vn/ .

Just finished marathoning G-Senjou no Maou at another user's recommendation the other day. Very good, probably 8/10. Non-Haru routes were kind of boring, though Tsubaki a best and Kanon's final performance moved me. The post-credit epilogue ran me through the gamut of emotion from shock -> despair -> bittersweet. Still though, was it ever explained why whenever Kyousuke headached out everytime Maou took action, or was it not even chronologically linked? I understand the utility around a red herring before the brother reveal, but in an otherwise logical game the presence of blackouts everytime the twist demanded Kyousuke's inaction to dupe the audience into believing he's Maou being swept under the rug doesn't sit well with me.

Tsubaki>Haru>Kanon>literally who

Here is the second game. mediafire.com/file/2q7tbq2tvtln8l4/[PC] [JAP] Sakura Taisen Premium Edition-cd2 (Sakura Taisen 2) [Sega-Red] [Full DVD] [MDF].rar

The game or the character?

So despite all the criticism these VNs get, should I add Umineko and Higurashi to the starter pack? It's not like they're terrible but it may raise some eyebrows if there are better alternatives. What do you guys think?

Also should I add the Monster Girl Quest trilogy?

Add Higurashi and Umineko since they are pretty goo games, and I think they are worth playing since there is a big difference between the VN and anime adaptation. Also I think we should have a seperate pack for hentai games, since most people coming into VN's probably aren't doing it for the porn. Though Monster Girl Quest is a fantastic H-game.

Thanks. I'll make sure to add those as well then. How about Edelweiss, Subarashiki Hibi, and Sakura Wars V? I've already added the Sega Saturn version of Policenauts.

Since this list is already getting too big, I'll add a "Other VNs worth trying" section.
When I become a NEET, I'll sure to catch up on these things. There are just so many to run through and that's not counting my huge backlog of anime, manga and vidya.

Third game is up. mediafire.com/file/xx4dxa6e3gx5pkz/[PC] [JAP] Sakura Taisen Premium Edition-cd3 (Sakura Taisen 3) [Sega-Red] [Full DVD] [MDF].rar

I think Edelweiss is a good addition. How about starting with a shortish game for each broad genre since it is a starting pack and then we can all contribute and help out with more niche genre's. So Higurashi and Umineko can be the mystery genre, Clannad and Kanon can be the romance genre. I think you should post what you have right now so we can sort it so there isn't a bunch of games that are the exact same genre so people don't get bored of it.

Here is the last one, mediafire.com/file/7vprdw7agbmo41s/[PC] [JAP] Sakura Taisen Premium Edition-cd4 (Sakura Taisen 4) [Sega-Red] [Full DVD] [MDF].rar I will also try to find some English patches for you guys too.

I don't see a finished english patch but this guy is doing really good work on it with frequent updates, so it will probably be worth watching if you care about the game.

iwakuraproductions.wordpress.com/2014/09/01/the-sakura-wars-pc-fan-translation-project/

Might I recommend the Bunny Black series as well?

Because VN's are games you faggot, even the Mark went and said they were and undertale is as much as a game as DDLC is a VN, in which it is one but it's utter shit that is only popular because of retard's with no standards for what they play.

Air
Clannad
Kanon
Little Busters
Planetarian
Policenauts
Corpse Party
To Heart 2
Swan Song
Symphonic Rain
YMK
Majikoi (including A-1)
Sengoku Rance
Demon Bane
True Love
Saya no Uta
Eiyuu Senki
Steins;Gate
Chaos;Head
Koihime Musou
Tsukihime
Galaxy Angel Trilogy
Fate Stay Night
Noble Works
Utawarerumono
Daibancho: Big Bang Age
G-senjou no Maou
Fruit of Grisaea
Psycho Pass
Brave Souls
Hoshizora no Memoria
Narssica
Kimi no Nagori wa Shizuka ni Yurete
Wonderful Everyday

Was thinking of adding Ever-17, Gakthun, and Root Double. I think I still have plenty of room on the second MEGA. Any more recommendations? I would add 999 but it's not as easy to play through emulation like these PC VNs.

Sure, I'll add it if I can find a good download.

Ignore the faggot. He tried saging an auto bumped thread on page 11, doesn't bother capitalizing, and only speaks in quotes. It was obvious bait.

I can post some of these if you need them. Since it will probably be faster than using a torrent. Since the Psycho pass VN only has about 1 or 2 seeder's.

Could chuck in an NDS emulator like DeSmuME and get the first three Pheonix Wright games and 999.
Katawa? Should come in a single installer.

Also I think Clannad,Narcissa, and True Love are good for the romance since Grisaia will take way too long for a beginner to play it, Little Buster's and Kanon are good but I think Clannad was the true place to start on despair from VN's. Stein;Gae is really long and is basically repeat over and over until you get it, so I think most beginners would give up. Hoshizora no Memoria is good, but the translator's fucked around with the game's CG's for it IIRC, so you might want to double check that before putting it on the list. Also I think something like Ever17 might be better than Swan Song, since in Swan Song there is unavoidable rape so it might be a good idea to hold off on it.

The main problem with magnets is that I have to constantly seed. With MEGA, I can just upload and forget and they won't delete your stuff unless you have file names that give away what you have.

I haven't actually uploaded PP yet as it's just in queue. If you can upload it, I can just add it to the pastebin and I'll have more room to add stuff to my MEGA.

True. That reminds me, I forgot to add a Sega Saturn Emulator to the Policenauts folder.

Gotcha. I'll hold off on completing the list but keep uploading. I'll get more advice next thread on how we should organize this.

I think I will just get a Pro plan for mediafire and upload VN's for that instead of creating a new account each and everytime. Alos it's only 3.75 right now. Also do you want the ISO of the Psycho Pass VN?

Whatever version you think is the best. I'm guessing the current PC version.

Pretty sure there's an english dslite, mate, give it a try.

Actually, when I started read VNs I did it for the porn but stayed for the story. VNs without porn sound uninteresting and I question anyone who wants to read some without that side goal. I give you that there are some good VNs without focus on women that would make sex redundant, but in that case, I think a distiction between legitimate stories and women centered VNs makes a lot more sense since the later is almost guaranteed to have sex, even when it can be a legitimate good story. For example: Steins;Gate for the former and Grisaia no Kajitsu for the later.
However, I don't think the separation is necessary since I doubt porn would be a deal breaker for a lot of people here.

VNs absorb so much time, and there are so many, it's fucking ridiculous. I don't know if it's just because I'm an slow reader even though I consider myself just slightly bellow average, reading as the voice line goes, but Jesus, they can take weeks to finish, at least for me, specially if they are those long >50 hour ones.

How do you expect to learn nip at this rate user. Nip is fucking ruthless in terms of not skipping out on them.

I know, I don't really let it, or really try not to, but I've been so absorbed by VNs lately that it just fucked up my usual study time, so lately I've been rushing in before going to sleep.

So just play VNs in Japanese.

As long as you are actually trying to learn nip. I find it funny that bunch of guys on the internet have done more to learn nip just for porn, than those tumblrtards that visit nippon try to learn it.

If I get the humble bundle, will I only get Steam key's or will I get a download for the game as well?

I will once I finish the current one. I'm confident enough.

I would love to go to nipland myself, though, stories of anons here always encourage me.

Chances are it will be steam keys. If they are available on GOG maybe you'll get a download from there.

A shame, though I might get that Sony Vegas bundle. Also I am uploading the Psycho Pass VN right now, and it is at 60%.

Adding Ar Tonelico 2 with the Restoration Patch.

I'm only vacation starting today. I might as well finish one of these things while I'm at it. Time to grind To Heart 2.

I like the style, music, and some of the characters but I think it was a little disappointing in some areas. Especially because people have to be completely retarded for many cases to go on for more than 3 minutes. Should we add them anyway?

The thing with Danganronpa is that you either leave it after finishing Danganronpa 1 or you go for the wild ride. Danganronpa 1 ending is satisfactory as it is, so it's the best option. The wild ride spans 3 games and an OVA, and the ending is not satisfying at all, although it's a lot more happy than the ending of Danganronpa 1. If something, just add Danganronpa 1.

Wait, there's a Psycho Pass VN?

Yes, it takes place in the first half of season one, where you play as some oc side characters.

I see Ace Attorney requires you to use a mic for some trials. Is that possible to get past in the emulated version?

There's a microphone emulation, you just activate it and use the "mic key" and it acts as the microphone from a sample.
There's only one trial in the original trilogy that requires the microphone, though, along with the ending of each game that also requires it.

Thanks. I'll add those, Hotel Dusk, and 999. I'm nearly done uploading everything. I'll leave Kamidori out due to how long it is. I'll make a new thread as well though I doubt I'll change much, if anything in the OP since it's the same week.

On that note, what about Toradora and Oreimo? Do you think people may want those? Didn't really care much for the manga but Kuroneko is best. She must be voiced by a succubus.

If we do toradora, we will have to include the PSP with it since that is the only platform we can play it on. I might be able to give you the game, along with Psycho Pass, once mediafire starts uploading it again.

No it doesn't.

I remember you have to scream Objection!, but I think you can leave it a while and it goes on automatically, right?

I remember I played those for a bit in the PSP, if those are the ones you are refering to. Maybe anons who were into those will want to play them, but I don't think it's strictly neccesaty, doubt someone would like to start there without watching the anime or reading the manga I unironically like Kirino and there's nothing no one can do about it

Emulation is pretty easy nowadays, user, specially non-nintendo things that doesn't require gimmicks. Anons should know how to set an emulator in the first place if they are here.

You can just press a button.

I think you mean Ayase

i think you mean saori

After Ever-17, I will be done uploading. Now to work on the Pastebin.

I'll just leave them out then. Also Kirino is a shithead but not horrible like Ayase.

Can't like her. Not one bit.

Saori is pure bro tier so I don't see a problem with putting her on top with Kuro.

I am still uploading the Psycho Pass VN if you want it. It would be done but mediafire refused to upload anything besides the Sakura Taisen games last night, and now it is uploading everything with shit speed.

It's fine. Just post the link in the next thread and I'll put it into the pastebin. Thanks for the help.

Should I add info on where to buy VNs in the pastebin? If so, what should I have on there besides Steam, Dlsite, and Mangagamer?

Steam censor's all of their games though, so I don't think you should include them. Also you should add checking the vndb page for links to the offical site.

If something, add a warning against steam, and Sekai Project for all it's worth, as in "what not to do".

pastebin.com/XKrrckWf

Here's the starter kit pastebin at the moment. What do you think so far? The top part is mainly taken from the /vn/ locked thread and I've added a few changes. I didn't mess with the VN definition though.
8ch.net/vn/res/42.html

I put it in the misc section. Anything else I should add there?

Forgot to ask. Should I leave 8/v/ and /vn/ in the title? I doesn't bother me if some other site takes credit for it. I just don't want it to be put on reddit or some other site and have them come here.

I think you should at least put in user from 8/v/, but leave /vn/ out. Since reddit and cuckchan already know of the big boarsd on Holla Forums but I don't want a niche board like /vn/ being shit up by them and getting destroyed.

Warning about Winged Cloud as well.

Well, it depends. I could attract more people to /vn/, for all it's worth. But it can also attract outsiders here or to /vn/. Sounds like a terrible fate. I added 8/v/ to the chart here:

We can just mention /vn/ in these threads so it can get more activity because including in these things that will probably just be spread to reddit or cuckchan like the Grisaia guide and the starter pack would just cause /vn/ to get attention from outsider's and then it would get destroyed.

New Thread.
8ch.net/v/res/13995954.html