Tiger electronics General

What’s the odds tiger electronics games will have a 90s kids nostalgia comeback? We are already seeing plug in play consoles making a come back.

The fuck are you talking about
Also, I had a great time with 1st pic
Also a reminder that the DS was based on a Game&Watch model

They're already here, but they're called "mobile games" now.

Very low imo
Those plug and plays have several games in a single unit. If you were to have several tiger games in one, you would need a way to swap the static backgrounds also, by making physical swappable plastic cards, or programming the backgrounds into the game (losing fidelity in the process. Not to mention tiger games are shit and the few that remember them at this point might not remember them fondly (but moooom this is not a gameboy) If anything, some indieshit game might pop up themed around these, and that would be that.

What did the Doug button do?

Skip to about 21:00
Modern ones literally come bundled with emulators and can be hacked.

game.com revival when?

that pic makes me miss my original digimon

What really baffles me is how they tried to make the games more complex than the technology really allowed them to. With these LCD games the most complex you can really do is to dodge stuff or catch stuff, and even that only works when you have small "sprites" and a dense collection of them. Instead you had LCD games with huge sprites taking up half of the screen and only a handful of frames.

Yes, it's truly baffling.

pic very related

Wow, someone actually showed the answer. Who thought it would end up being so multi-functional?

Don't forget, Tiger made a serious attempt at a handheld game system, and while the Game.com wasn't a competitor to the Game Boy, it was big enough to get a port of Resident Evil 2, a Sonic game, and more.

Game com port of Dook is the best version.

The BR version for Genesis is better, but that's not saying much.

They also made a scouter.

Invaders of the Mummy's Tomb was the best.

The best thing to come out of Tiger handhelds were all the stupid ytmnds.

Wow the first generation WonderSwan was really primitive, huh?

I loved the Konami handhelds.

I played more of those things than I should have as a kid. They were all so fucking terrible but I loved them. Megaman 2 was the best one.

I remember playing those chinese portable tetris handhelds including a fuckton of remixed version of it, it was like WarioWare but the minigames where on their fullest version.

Post your Tiger handhelds. Don't lie faggots, you know you didn't have the cool ones!

The last one I got was a Mortal Kombat one, colored and with 3D effect. Gigantic, but I was already too old as well so gifted it to a cousin.

I vaguely recall the Karnov one being a better game than the NES version. Either that or it was just easier on my distracted retard child brain.

That was pretty good quality for what it is.

I used to have this one when I was a kid. Dunno wtf happened to it though. Funny thing is, it's actually a better game than the real CV2.

I remember playing this many times for about 15 minutes each over the years. I should still have it somewhere along with one of these

Mind you, the Game.com had no third-party games at all. Tiger got the licenses and developed everything in-house.

There are popstation units that already do this.

somebody stop that walking misery

I had that After Burner game at the 1:10 mark in the video. Completely forgot about it until this video, it was so fucking cool.

That's kind of impressive in and of itself.
Does Tiger still exist now days?