What games did you play as a child?

What games did you play as a child? I still remember the day my family got a PS2 for Christmas. My sister would not let me play the Sonic Mega Collection until my father went to the store to buy a memory card so she could save her progress on Dance Dance Revolution. I only got to play Sonic for like 20-30 minutes a day. My favorite was definitely Sonic and Knuckles because it had the best levels, graphically, and was also the longest of the games. I even completed objectively shitty games like Sonic 2d and 3d Blast, although when I played them I enjoyed them all the same. As I grew up I eventually convinced my father to buy me Call of Duty 3, and he told me to keep it out of my mothers sight or else she'd ground me. Despite her father fighting in World War 2, she was a prude towards any sort of masculinity and violence.

OP, you need to be 18 to post here.

I played sonic adventure 2, on the dreamcast

Licensed fucking trash with only a couple good games. I wish my parents had forbidden me to pick what I wanted.

Fuck you

What age group are we talking, because as medically defined childhood lasts from 1 to puberty

user, people who were 2 years old when Halo came out are now 18 years old.

Not even one, I was busy having a train run through me by grownups against my will. It was only as an adult that I could experience videogames.

Luke dies in the Last Jedi

Asteroids on Atari 2600.

I didn't play shitty consoles for one.

You mean to tell me that you only played asteroids as a kid?
Rare's lineup on the nintendo 64 was my childhood thanks to my dad's wise choices in christmas gifts.

You must be over the age of 18 to post here

So, the best selling video game console in human history is somehow shitty? I can see how it might be mediocre and mass-appealing, but not shitty. I think you chose the wrong bait.

PS2 is 17 years old

PlayerUnknown's Battleground must be the best game ever with that flawless logic.

You really did choose the wrong bait.
Also you forgot your sage dummy

I had already beaten Super Mario Bros. by the time I was 2 years old and when I was about 4 1/2 my dad showed me how to set up games on the PC and the Amiga. I was lucky that my dad was a big gamer so I always had the newest consoles with a lot of games.

Nah, but if I list all the games I played, The list would be way too long and there are so many I probably can't even remember them all. I just listed the earliest vidya I can remember playing on a home console.

A developmental issue causing amount of Rampage.
Child me can fuck off macrophillia is hell all the art is shit and the fat faggots keep buying out all the half decent artists.

The sucking game with uncle Ted.
I didn't like it very much.

Whatever interested me at Blockbuster. Mostly just Nintendo or Sony games though.

Putt Putt games.
Lots of DOS games including Sam and Max
Then years later, got to play the SNES.

Ah, a fellow of taste.

do you have schizophrenia, you type like a fucking retard

Man fuck you man. I want to dick godzilla or end it.

I want to be godzilla and eat you.

Vore is a garbage tier fetish.

What about anal vore? WHIRRRRRR

If your first console isn't NES/Famicom or any of its clones, you might as well go to >>>/reddit/.

League of Legends, CSGO, Skyrim, the usual.

user, I'm 22 and my first console was a NES.

YOU WON'T INDOCTRINATE ME! I'M ON TO YOU!

My parents used to say retarded shit like "if you play video games less than 30 minutes after you eat you'll get sick" and because of placebo until I was 9 and realized it made absolutely no sense it actually happened.
My childhood vidya memories are primarily about having brief moments of joy inbetween long moments of my parents being bad parents and/or doing retarded shit.

The PS2 was actually the last console I got that generation. I got the Cube for my birthday, and then I got an Xbox when Microsoft was giving them away to MSN subscribers (remember that shit?). The game that sold me on PS2 was Resident Evil Outbreak of all things. I went over to my bros house and I saw him playing Resident Evil on his PS2 with 4 other chucklefucks and I knew the future of gaming had arrived.

Microsoft may get credit for the console multiplayer push, but I didn't pay for Live until the 360, and I played a LOT of console games online from my PS2. Resident Evil Outbreak, Timesplitters: Future Perfect, Socom, Jak X Combat Racing (i heard this was released on PS4, no internet I'm assuming), and that Gauntlet game that wasn't particularly great but I took what I could get. I remember I was in the top 10 players for Goldeneye Rogue Agent when that shitshow was shut down.

So while I played the other consoles more in total PS2 online really represents that special period when you change from a child to an adult to me. I remember blowing half my first paycheck to get all the shit for PS2 online (hard drive, games, keyboard, network adapter, etc.).

Thanks for reading my blog be sure to like comment and subscribe and use the promo code memeking to get 20% off your Lootcrate subscription.

Starting in a few months, people born in 2000 will turn 18.

heh bet you wore hand-me-downs too poorfag

Fuck outta here kid.

youngfags get out
>>>/cuckchan/

I always thought that thing looked like you were shoving a massive electronic sex toy into the PS2.

Kid Icarus on NES was the first game I ever beat. I did that when I was five. It was followed shortly by Zelda 1 and Mega Man 2.
First game I ever played was probably River Raid or Berserk on the Atari 2600.

The only ones I remember playing a lot were Tekken 3 and Heroes of Might and Magic III

If only your child self knew.

Rape Escape

nah
but my computer was

tfw never developed a sense of style because of hand me downs
tfw everyone probably mocked how i dress until uni

486 25MHz master race. DRM was either a bit of rotating cardboard or typing the fifth letter on the fourth page of the manual.

Dumped fucking hundreds of hours into Frontier Elite II. One of the first open world games. I learned to trade drugs and bribe the cops, it was great.

If only I could get the executable to recognize the iso or physical copy in PCem, DOSBox sadly doesn't have SB AWE32 emulation ;_;
Had the same issue on a Win98SE machine back in the day, can't rember how I fixed it back then.

My first console was an Amiga 500. What does that make me by (you)r standards?

Fighting games and Beat'em Up games in arcades.

wew, fuck off underage

Genesis was better

Speaking of the genesis, I just found my two old genesis 3 button controllers along with my n64, dc, ps2, and fat xbox pads, and my old atomic purple gbc. Why the fuck does everyone circlejerk over the genesis/saturn dpad? The puck shape is comfortable, but it wasn't any better than my DS4.

Someone is going to bully me but I always liked sony dpads. DS3/4 a shit, DS2 kind of a shit

I played a lot of Humongous Entertainment games such as Pajama Sam, Putt Putt, Spy Fox, Fatty Bear, etc

genesis 3 button =/= saturn pad.
genesis 6 button =/= saturn pad.
you aren't using a saturn d-pad. Use it and you'll find out.

Wasted dubs can't even make a difference between Mega Drive and Saturn pads.

pokemon emerald ORAS was such a disappointment. USUM is also just as good as emerald.

Pokemon emerald/ruby/sapphire and pearl
Halo 3
Multiple cods starting with MW2
Skyrim

Battle island was massively overrated

Gameboy with 8 arcade games on it, it was really gay

Enemy Territory was my jam when I was a kid. It was the first multiplayer shooter that I played. I was such a little shit back then. I remember when Red Faction came out. That game blew me away with its graphics and destructible terrain. Westerners have no idea how big of an impact PS2-era GTA games had in Slavlands. Even normalniggers knew who CJ was. The release of San Andreas was probably more important to us than joining the European Union.

Deus Ex, Diabo, Baldur's Gate, Morrowind.

I lived in the Golden Age.

Stronghold, Gothic, Warcraft, Diablo, Citizen Kabuto.
Genres I play are heavily depend on them.

Fuck I actually qualify for this one. Pegasus. I feel old.

I had a great childhood for gaming.

I remember playing the SEGA version of SF2 on that…

Age of Empires II was basically my childhood. Like I played other games before it, but that was the first game that made me go

>Playing all the old games I missed out on as a kid during college through now

I played Microsoft Soccer, Backpacker 2, Need For Speed 2 (best NFS-game of all time tbh, the arcade-style was just perfect), Fifa World Cup 98, NHL 99 and finally Lego Rock Raider, which was so demanding at the time at our piece of shit computer in 98 that we had to buy a new graphics-card and change our operative system to windows 98 to play it.

I got The World Ends With You when I was 11. I 100% that game.

Barmy Burgers
Attic Attack
Renegade
Target Renegade
Yie Ar Kung-Fu

Load ""

Also:
A Day in The Life
Daley Thomson's Decathlon
Green Beret
The Way of the Exploding Fist
Starquake

I guess I'm the oldfag here.

Get on my level.

My father says he played that on the local rich kid's house. My father is 60.
Post baldness or gtfo.

Get on mine

666 nigger dick surprise.

my nigga

Yes, Volition used Ultor in both Saint's Row and Red Faction. Even wanted to tie the universes together but that's like Valve tying Portla and Half-Life with how the series diverged since episode 2.

C64 games.

Played the absolute shit out of these three right here.

Lots of DOS freeware and a copied floppy set of Doom 1/2 and Duke 3d.

I was (and still am) poor.

You could store around a dozen or so saves on there, now you need a centi-gig hard drive to store a couple

I'm looking at you Xbox 1, God knows how the PS4 is like with that

Dumb question: What is the english term for these kinds of devices (small handhelds with a monochrome LCD display and a single game on them)?

Pokemon, Diablo II and Warcraft 3.
A lot of it.
Parents wouldn't get me new games.

nigger, it says right there it's a 9999in1 game. Though realistically, there were like 20 games on it.
Otherwise, look into Tiger Electronics games. These things were all called Brick Game or Tetris Game or something or other. There were millions of these.

Ones too old for you.

I was thinking of a generalized term for these classes of devices. (I only really know the slang term for them in my own language). (They were everywhere back in the mid-late 80's).

Fucking casual, my first game was Doom at age 5. I jumped around the levels in the Doom95 launcher because to be blunt, a lot of Doom levels are just shit, although I thought I was just too unskilled/had bad taste as a kid at the time.

Poor Italian American here so got everything late.

At like5-10 I mostly played ps1 games. Medievil and jrpgs. When I got a ps2: ratchet and clank, jak, dark cloud. Hundreds of hours in armored core.

Ps3 at like 13: demon souls, twisted metal, more jrpgs.

I played Super Mario World, Turtles in Time, A Link to the Past, and Final Fantasy Three Six.
My Brothers got a PlayStation, so I got their old SNES

first pc games were

i turn 28 on 2/8

Does 31 count for being an oldfag? I had an NES at 7, I still have my Genesis and N64. Played and owned so many games it's hard to keep track. I still remember spending hours upon hours playing Sonic 2, Sonic Spinball, Ms. Pac-Man, Revenge of Shinobi, Terminator 2 Arcade, Earthworm Jim, Smash Bros. and Melee, Mario Party…

And now I hate everything the industry has become. It's so hard to find the shining nugget of excellence in the dank, piss-stained swamp of mediocrity, surrounded by rushed cash-grabs and political propaganda. Labors of love are impossible to invest in these days, because they ultimately get shouted down by everyone with a modicum of power. Everything fucking sucks, and people in positions of authority openly shit on anything that has real effort put into it, so nobody has incentive to put forward anything of value.

Everything you love will turn into shit before your very eyes. You will live to see manmade horrors beyond your comprehension.

First game I played was Sonic The Hedgehog on the Genesis. I was four I believe. I'm amazed i didn't end upon DeviantART and didn't mace a gamestop employee TBH.

My first console was a SNES. The fuck does that make me?

Anyway, to contribute.

Those were the games I remember having for the SNES. No surprise most of them were Mario games considering the console.

Ooh, Imperialism 1 and 2 are on sale on GoG for 1.75 each.

This and starcraft.
>go back to visit currently there right now
It's a sad nostalgic feeling, but the good kind. School kids still go to Internet arcades after school to play starcraft, warcraft 3 and cs 1.6. It would bring a tear to my eye if I was a faggot.

So the Dendy counts?

Fucking underage 35-year-olds don't know REAL vidya gaems

23 year old here. First console was a top loading NES. Beat Kirby's Adventure before starting school.

The best boxing game on the NES.

Jrpgs. Way too many. To this day, my cousin thinks im a weaboo, and recommends any nip games he sees to me.

Like nier:automata. The instant he saw it he said he thought of me.

Is SNES/N64 ok?
Didn't own either but I got to play them both at a cousin's house. Mostly SNES

my first console was an atari 2600 with pac man, space invaders & asteroid

I used to like JRPGs, but once I was around 20 I started finding the characters annoying, certain plots stupid, and the gameplay generally a waste of time even though I've since put 170+ days into WoW over the span of 5 years. I think voice acting doesn't help the genre now that I think about it.

I'm a youngfag, but my parents kept all their consoles and I wasn't allowed to play new shit until I had played a reasonable amount of all the old shit. I was so young I can't remember most of the games, but there were fuck ton of them.

Have you picked out a home yet grandpa?

I recall playing a space invaders clone on a tandy cp/m portable computer sometime in the late 80s. Later upgraded to a shitty IBM. Then to a custom machine in the early 90s. Didnt have sound or a cd drive until 98-99.

Played doom obsessively but didnt hear the music until the late 90s. Bought floppies of shareware games at local markets. Some of them would run fine others did not, it was just kind of expected.

THE GOAT

Shame.

This was my first game, I was three years old and Mom knew I liked dinosaurs so she got this and tossed it on the family computer for me. It plays like an RTS but dinosaur eggs are a limited resource and they carry from mission to mission. It really colored my taste in games, I wouldn't even touch games I didn't think had some sort of strategy to them.
Has Holla Forums ever thought of what games they'd get their kids, or would you allow them to form their own tastes with whatever state the industry is in when you have them?

Small child? NES games. The usual - Contra, Super Mario Bros, but also Kamen No Ninja Hanamaru (one of my favorites), Kabuki Quantum Fighter, Flintstones…then at age 9 moved on to PC games.

born 98, the N64, ps1, xbox, gamecube and ps2 was what I grew up with.

I have so many nostalgic memories for mgs, ff 6-10, tenchu, resident evil, legacy of kain, zelda oot to twilight princess, war of the monsters, jet force gemini, rogue squadron, tes 2-4, tomb raider, deus ex, baldurs gate, mediEvil, ace combat. That barely scratches the surface, I played way too many games as a kid including snes games which I have nostalgia for like secret of mana, metroid and zelda alttp.

I'm thankful my dad was as much as a vidya nerd as he was, I got to enjoy a huge variety of games.

Mine were Spyro 2, Crash 3, Medievil, Pepsiman and some Worms game on the PS1. But technically, my first vidya was Microsoft hearts. Also have memories of watching dad play RE and Silent Hill.

You're retarded. I'm 21 and my first "console" was a Game Boy Pocket.
We already had a SNES before I got shat out, and we picked up a NES at a yard sale when I was like 3.

I'm 27 and my first console was the N64. The first video game I ever played was on PC and for the large majority of life I played PC games. I didn't even ask for the N64, my parents just got it one day.

I guess I'll just post some of my favorite games from each of my first systems. Nothing 16-bit and up. The first system I played as a kid was an old Sears Telegames 6-in-1 breakout/basketball/pong system, but I'm not counting that since it was more my older bother's system. I started on the TI and moved up to PC & Master System.

Dragons Crystal wasn't even one I wanted as a kid. I bought it off some asian girl in school for like three bucks because she didn't like it since it was "too hard and had no story". Ended up being one of my favorite games on the GG.

I'm having a laff here

Soccer, Hide-and-seek, basketball and treasure hunt

That's pretty unimaginative. Did you never pretend you were in another planet and you had to defend your base from the aliens with your friends or something like that?

I missed out on a shitload of games because my Dad would just drop a console for a new one and only get a few games for it.

No, vidya should have stayed dead in the west. Anyone with a PC were doing just fine until you faggots came along.

I played the real Star Wars Battlefront online on PS2 through GameSpy. You could run your own server on your PC, it was rad.