Who was the faggot that said the Nintendo Switch wouldn't sell 3-5 million during the holidays...

Who was the faggot that said the Nintendo Switch wouldn't sell 3-5 million during the holidays? Because I fucking called it.

businessinsider.com/nintendo-switch-sales-top-10-million-in-just-9-months-2017-12

Either way it seems the final strategy from Iwata of using small smart phone games to boost sales of Nintendo hardware and games was a huge success. While sales doesn't mean anything in terms of launch support, it's still good that the thing is selling so we'll.

Maybe Sony will stop being fucking retarded and make a PSP 3, I would like that very much.

Other urls found in this thread:

businessinsider.my/ps4-playstation-4-sales-december-2017-12/?r=US&IR=T
amazon.com/Nintendo-Switch-Pro-Controller/dp/B01NAWKYZ0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Also before anyone bullies me for fucking up "well". I'm in the bloody shitter.

Why the fuck would they?
Vita was a flop and PSP while being moderately successful still lost to DS.

I still don't like the retarded tablet concept of this console.

It lost to the DS, but was still extremely successful

Extremely is pushing it
Almost every proprietary shit it tried to pull off flopped and died.
There are probably more unsold non video game UMDs in the wild than the total number of vita games sold.

HOLY SHIT NO ONE CARES ABOUT YOUR FUCKING GOD AWFUL MANCHILD CONSOLES, EVERY FUCKING DAY I HAVE TO SEE A FUCKING THREAD IN THE GOD DAMN CATALOG ABOUT SOME BULLSHIT FAGGOT CONSOLE

Go watch the new star wars movie you faggot nigger beta boy.

Yeah, there's no fucking way they would. The Vita failing was their own fucking fault too. Too hard to get a good dev kit, bad licensing terms driving away small developers, shitty overpriced proprietary memory format, and slow shitty system software.
I'm a Nintendrone, and even I have to admit that hardware-wise, the Vita is essentially the perfect handheld (short of the memory stick, which should have been an SD card slot from the start), and was only fucked up by Sony themselves trying to Jew it to death. It's pretty bad when it's easier to get your hands on a Nintendo SDK and the terms for developing on a Nintendo system are less restrictive, given how heavy-handed Nintendo is with their third-parties.

I'm still butthurt about that. The Vita should have been the best handheld game system ever made and Sony shot them in the fucking foot.

For the most part, you can just use it as a standard handheld. You don't have to use the touch screen for almost any game at all (short of shitty phone ports like Voez or whatever it's called).

Good post.

You really can't. The joycons don't feel like they were made to play normal games. It feels very uncomfortable.
Not to mention the only games that maintain consistent framerates even when docked are Nintendo first party titles.

Wrong, Switchfags are just obnoxious no matter what

Isn't the switch library mostly just remakes, ports, and shovel ware? Heard there was like 10 or so good original games. Or was it console war faggots just blowing it out of proportion?

k
call me when online is free

This as well, joycons suck dick and I don't understand how you people play with them.

You shouldn't be phoneposting from a crime scene.

more like 3, but there's some good things upcoming I've heard
There are a ton of ports though, but they do look like they'd play nicely on the Switch. I'd play Hollow Knight on it though I'd prefer a real handheld to play it on

For supposedly being even more popular than the Wii I don't see anyone in real life talking about it ever. Is it just really popular in China or some shit?

Its 300 dollaridoos.
I also don't see many people talking about the xbone and only a few more talking about the PS4 and that's been out for years

Because nobody gives a shit about the Xbone. It has only sold 20 million units so far compared to the 60 million of PS4.

Either way I see less people talking about non-PC vidya in general. It feels like most people just talk about assfaggots and CS;GO

Where's Michael Pachter and Shitaku and their Doom and Gloom of Nintendoom now?

Yes but compared to the Wii, which was everywhere nonstop, this seems very quiet. Like people are buying it but keeping quiet out of embarrassment or something. Maybe it's selling like a Gameboy in that a house with more than one kid buys a Switch for each kid, inflating the numbers? It just seems odd to me.

Facts are obnoxious when you don't want to accept them, user.

I heard the few games on it are real good but i can't believe its been out for a year and still have this few games and still selling this well. Did they fix the docking scratch problem yet?

They're not really that bad, but they would do far better with a real d-pad. It feels better than the XBox 360 controllers, because the face buttons don't suck dick.
I've never had framerate issues. Which games do?

And on that Gameboy point, if this system is supposed to be putting home consoles and handhelds together, wouldn't selling anything less than over twice of a home console be considered bad? DS and Wii sales combined were near ~250mil and I doubt the Switch will ever reach that.

B-but Nintendrones, i-it still doesn't h-have good games! First party exclusives don't count! N-nintoddlers go back to Reddit!

Its possible the sales number might peak at a certain point or maybe it'll get a second wind the next year like the Wii.

The main reason everyone was talking about the Wii was because of its gimmick and how it was pretty much undersupplied for the first year.

I haven't tested them extensively but almost every multiplat I played dropped frames. RIME, Doom, FIFA, LA Noire.
Doom is pretty fucking egregious considering it already runs at half the framerate and resolution of other console versions.

The Switch isn't at the Wii's level of dominance, and the gimmick behind it didn't appeal to as many people. PC gayman was also very much less dominant around that time as well.

top wew. Also what facts would those be?

They didn't fix any hardware problems with it afaik.
Breath of the Skyrim was a smart launch title for them, they are relying entirely on that and recently Super Mario Odyssey. The splatoon regiment also gives a nice supplement, and ARMS also gives a nice boost as well.

Probably not, and they probably won't. Get a $5 tempered glass screen protector, since you probably should anyway.

Most revenue comes from software sales, not hardware sales. More units in more homes is more important than more units total sold.

Wasn't that supposed to be PS4 exclusive or am I mixing up my cellshaded hiking simulators?

Cry more bitch nigga.

I'm not surprised about most of those games having framerate issues. FIFA is a little surprising, actually; how fucking demanding does a soccer game need to be? The Switch is about as powerful in handheld as a PS Vita (with the same CPU clock, but twice as many cores), and the clock nearly triples in docked mode. It seems like they probably optimized for docked mode assuming that people wouldn't play in handheld (or wouldn't often), where Nintendo suggests developing around handheld mode and scaling up the effects when in the dock, which is why Nintendo first-parties and close second parties tend to do better handheld (Fast RMX, for instance, is smooth as butter in handheld mode).
Either way, it seems to be a developer problem.

Holy crap SEETHING. I get that breath of the wild was 8/10, but your seething really hard. maybe stop being jaded

fag

I think the Switch fills the same use cases as a tablet around the house. Most normalfags have a tablet or laptop. Few bother with desktops at this point. As a product, it probably seems more modern.

Still has
NO
GAEMS

It really shouldn't be considering EA developers are notoriously lazy and licensed crap is even more underdeveloped.

if anything you seem a little butthurt that the quality of your system seller game is actually not that high. Its slightly more than a tech demo. I wonder if you were triggered by NG's review of that thing

Well its up to Nintendo to enforce proper standards for their console but I doubt they are gonna do anything because it would mean less games on the system.

If Sony ever make a new console it will most likely be a portable version of whatever their current console is. They don't have the output to support two consoles. The reason why the Vita failed was because American Sony took over and they didn't give a shit about the Vita.

Yeah, but they've been rereleasing the same fucking game for a decade; you'd think they'd be good at porting it by now.

It is because smartly every dev avoided the new nintendo console like the plague after the Wii u. Now that it's successful though every Japanese and indie dev is making all their shit for switch day one. It probably still won't get many 3rd party exclusives aside from games Nintendo paid for like bayo 3. However that it's just how it is now exclusive are pretty much dead.

but it has gaems

ftfy

Sony's next console will probably be some VR shit. They look to be balls deep in it now if that last Playstation show was anything to go by.

They are pushing VR shit right now.
VR doesn't have the market size to be profitable on its own.

Okay
Let me know when it pricedrops to 200 USD or less, and has at least 7-10 good games.
That'll probably be this time in 2019

I mean a VR only console. Like the whole thing is just a visor.

But Bayo doesn't need the paid online.

Something like that cannot exist in this day and age.

But if I'm gonna get a switch, I want to play more than just bayo.

They also thought cutting off an airplane wing and turning into a BluRay player would be impossible.

Welcome back Nintendo

It's true, but I didn't pick up a WiiU along with many others and I want to play some of the gems that were in there.
When is Wonderful 101 port?

I thought the paid online would be Fall but now it's 2018, maybe they won't be retards since it sold well but that just be wishful thinking on my end. Great way to grand stand and virtue signal against two competitors.

Yeah, there's a lot of remakes and ports. But, it seems like Nintendo is at least making some sort of effort of keeping the garbage that was on Wii U eShop off of the Switch eShop.

I don't see that much shovel ware, at least on the eShop. But I think a lot of other anons are right, a lot of devs lost faith in Nintendo. With Wii, they had a system where they could turn out shovelware crap that was really cheap to make and make a ton of money off of it. And then Wii U happened.

But comparing Switch to Wii U, things are way, way better. Some of the games on Switch, like VOEZ, are pretty neat, and are a lot better than the crap we saw on Wii U. And I haven't see anything like Meme Run on Switch eShop, either.

I think the situation is improving and Switch is attracting better games, specially since it's a chance to get your game on a mobile platform that isn't a phone.

So yea, there is some bullshit games on Switch, but it's not like Wii U where there's nothing else besides Nintendo exclusives and first party games that you're stuck waiting for. We'll have to see how it plays out, remember how Wii U had support from developers and they had some neat ideas, like Zombi U, but once they realized Wii U would be a Nintendo first party console, they all bailed. Switch has the momentum to avoid what happened and for Switch to not turn into a first party machine with shit like Meme Run.

Modern consoles have the first year or so of shit games, ports, remakes, and shovelware. PS4 and Xbone first year of games were all shit. Hell, I would say Xbone's current library is worse than Switch's.

none of these are accomplishments, and breath of the wild is a really mediocre game following decade old trends.

then why did jeff keely give it game of the year LOL

dorito pope, the ultimate authority on video games

There's a FTP Bejeweled clone mobile port that costs $10 yet still has microtransactions. It also runs in portrait mode with most of the screen filled with void. VOEZ is also a mobile port but at least it had the decency to run fullscreen and have all the DLC.

Oh boy, sales thread, lets post something from the same website

businessinsider.my/ps4-playstation-4-sales-december-2017-12/?r=US&IR=T

VGA isn't an indication of a good game, last year they gave it to fucking Overwatch

but that's because VGA is sponsored by Tencent which has a stake in act/bliz

People went and unironically watched the Emoji movie. Why would they not buy the Switch?

Funny. Because it has more games than xbone and about have more games than PS4

I'd like to see citation on this.

I wish, but they'd probably fuck it up worse than the Vita so I'd rather not

Nintendo actually did what the Vita was supposed to be right on their first try, I'm good for now.

You should apologize to your parents for saying such a stupid thing

Underrated post.

The PSP wasn't as successful financially though due to Sony selling the console at a loss. Once it was hacked, a large number of sales were from people just buying one to install emulators. This meant they couldn't re-coup their losses with software sales like they did with the PS1/PS2.
In the end Sony might have made a small profit or broke even to justify trying again with the Vita. Either that, or Sony just assumed that by tightening security with the Vita they could gain similar sales to the PSP without losing sales to people only buying the console for piracy/emulators. (Too bad that didn't work.)

Satan check

NINTENDRONES TO 4/v/
NINTENDRONES TO 4/v/
NINTENDRONES TO 4/v/
NINTENDRONES TO 4/v/
NINTENDRONES TO 4/v/

They're both shit products so no.

Surprised how Nintendo is somehow staying around, but hey, I rather have three company's making games instead of one big cancer size monopoly.

Nintendo's on a more firm footing than its competitors when it comes to games, and they're pretty much the only ones willing to expand the consumer base.

Because they're managing to produce games that are barely mediocre in a field of games that are absolute shit. Normalfags and a chunk of Holla Forums thinks that makes Nintendo special and worth giving money towards for some reason. All 3 companies are cancer.

Well, they had the most "hyped" Mario and Zelda games in over a decade. Both are system sellers and both came out in year 1. The ports, yes, are ports but at the same time, most people didn't actually own a Wii U so to them, they're new experiences. And for people who actually buy consoles for multiplats, they're slowly rolling stuff out it seems, indies especially. Snake Pass on the go was pretty comfy.
Certainly not worth getting it yet, especially since BotW was fucking boring and the 2018 library is Pokemon and Metroid, but by 2019, especially with piracy and a price drop, it could be a solid deal.

I think there's always going to be garbage like this, I don't think it's a valid criticism of Switch, if you're forgetting about the type of shit that's on Steam. You'll find shitty games like that on PS4, Xbone, Android, iOS, etc.

At least Switch's good games are doing well.

Switch a shit

Well to be fair its no better on pc, where the vast majority of games are indie shit with some good stuff, here and there. Like Warhammer games, and other good quality strategy games; any game where I can play as Hitler and bring in the master race is always a good time.

A tad off topic, I haven't seen a actual good fps in a long ass time, and I mean recent ones the only one that gets a pass is doom 4; which is still shit because it's just pretty brutal doom still I like the kills you do in game at the very least.

too soon, it's probably going to drop when a bigger screen or a more durable screen comes out and it's going to be called switch+ or new switch something retarded.

Well on PC you have prior titles and emulation. At the very least you're not being given exclusive cancer because PC is just what consoles are striving to be these days.

Your autistic ass post isn't even comprehensible. Nintendo's games aren't worth your money.

oh i'm laffin

No, they're not worth YOUR money. They are worth MY money, which is why I bought them.

Well that's a poor investment because their current games are garbage.

The screen is plastic by design to withstand more hits and drops. A glass screen would shatter easier. Harder plastics would make the system more rigid, making it absorb less from the impact in form of wobbling and would transfer the impact directly to the components.

Subjective. I've got hundreds of hours in Splatoon 2 and MK8. Sorry you hate fun.

Sure and the latest COD game is subjectively fun. The games are objectively garbage. You just lowered your taste.

daily reminder that relativists are literally cancer and need to be shot dead

I believe it was your father.

you don't even see sonyggers being THIS retarded kek

Yeah that is pretty true, I am honestly really happy that we have actress pc's a lot more these day's; I have no idea why I bought consoles when I was younger. why are strategy games so damn good? The amount of stuff you can force enemy's to do is pretty great. I should try endless space again and force my own glorious empire.

Well I was born before the 90's so my reasoning was that PC's were still developing hardware to compete.

It's because nintendo is literally competing with itself at this point. Angling it as a handheld console removes it from the tv console market and the only other portable console that's still supported is the ds. The remake game is really successful with nintendo because you can play these games on a mobile device (more mobile than a laptop or tv) and that's the first time any of these games have been available on a mobile platform. The New3ds is barely powerful enough to play binding of Isaac but now you have games like rocket league, la noire, Skyrim etc. Combined with a (modern) 3d Zelda and 2 Mario games, 2 fighting games, multiple racing games, and Splatoon, with Pokemon and bayo coming next year. All in a handheld format which most of those games have never seen before.

The switch isn't a good handheld but nintendo doesn't need to worry about how good of a handheld the switch is when they don't need to compete with anyone else. The appeal of playing rocket league and other steam titles without getting out of bed is very alluring and that's the switch's greatest strength

It was also time when computer and video games had a distinct difference to them, with less titles mixing back or forth. Consoles still have games that don't appear on PC. Then again, PC is being cucked to hell by Steam nowadays. It's been turned into a digital game console.

Do tell me, are no games worth money, then?
Who gets to decide what games deserve money?
A lot of people here would agree that Nier Tomato would deserve shekels, and I thought it was mediocre. And hey, out of every Nintendo game that came out this year, I only enjoyed Odyssey, so I'd agree with you that a lot of their games aren't worth buying, but the point still stands. Are people only allowed to buy Holla Forums approved vidya?

Certainly not with Nintendo and their exclusive cancer. If you want firmer detail as to why their games aren't worth your money make a thread on any of them. Splatoon gets away with it because of Online shit but even then they admit the online fee shit is cancer.
Normal people. And that's why the industry is now trash.
In a perfect world, yes.

boy you have no clue how much people save just by pirating and emulating games

When did this turn into anything about a game's value. This is about whether a game can be objectively good or not. You can think a game to be mediocre but admit it had quality even if it wasn't quality you did not appreciate. Games are judged on a per-game basis and there are all types of factors to consider but handwaving and saying shit like "bad games are subjective" is the equivalent of saying "That's just your opinion maaaan".
As for Holla Forums-approved vidya, there are actually legitimate reasons for consensus to form on whether or not to give money to a company or not. Nier Automata is a tough one because
But Yoko Taro is a director worthy of respect, his team as well and they actually crafted a very good game.
And its also because of fucks like you that we see all the cancer today.
Fuck off.

Well, we have the choice to just pirate games unlike console fags so,

Too bad Holla Forums isn't one person and doesn't have a hive mind opinion.
All are opinions I've heard before, so who on Holla Forums should decide what videogames to buy because not everyone has the same opinion.

Cold, hard statistics would be the only proper way to wager a game's worth, excluding bias and opinions from the equation.

Normal people have always been the decider of a game's value. Current industry caters very small niches outside the general audience.

We'd need to have some sort of official guidelines how assess a game objectively, something we don't have. A proper research study that would certainly yield these parameters, but I doubt none of us is willing to pay a third-party researcher to spend their time on this sort of research.

I lack many forms webm's; plus I am incredibly lazy.
Couldn't find a proper picture to show how I am in fact lazy; so have a fluffy sneek instead.

And how would that go, exactly, considering that Holla Forums can't agree with itself on anything? Really, user, you're just angry that people like things that you don't like. Again, should I screech autistically about how Nier Automata was shit and that people shouldn't buy it? Or Nioh, maybe?

Considering I grew up with emulation and am a poorfag, I know. I try to avoid buying vidya as much as I can.

And this comes back to Nintendo games. Really, very few things are objectively bad. FPS locks, poor optimization, bugs and crap design choices are objectively bad. But something like Mario Odyssey isn't OBJECTIVELY bad. There's things to dislike about it, and I criticized it not a few hours ago in another thread. But my objection was to people screaming "every Mario and Zelda is a rehash because they have Mario and Link and Nintendo as a whole is not worth money because of it".

Well, what statistics would those be? How would you equate "fun"? You can certainly measure length, but that's not an indication of a good game. Both Skyrim and BotW are hundreds of hours long, but neither are good.
I'd see more value in genres of games I enjoy than ones I wouldn't. I'd pay money for a good, addicting puzzle game, since the genre's been fucking dead for so long, and yet I wouldn't pay a single shekel for a fightan, no matter how much others liked it.

Holla Forums isn't a hive mind but you notice that most of your examples are in the minority on any threads and would easily get the same reaction from many normalfags. Especially with Dues Ex or DIablo 2.
The difference with Holla Forums is there's plenty of oldfags who know what the fuck they're talking about as apposed to reddit who are just full of apologists and children.
And normal people weren't initially interested in video games until they became popular with the wide spread consumer base. What's your point?

I'm off to bed.

Almost like competition would be existent again instead of the 3 monopolies we have now.
Do you like the current industry right now compared to how it was pre 07? Neither do I.

Greentext and on meant for
Yea now I really need to go to bed. I'll try and get to possible replies tomorrow I guess.

Oh fuck off. This is how you get a "if a game has a few less bugs than another it is objectively inferior to another, every single other thing (including gameplay) be damned" type autists to show up.

wrong, gaming used to be a niche activity itself. "Normal people" didn't play games, and the audiences very much differed between platforms (Nintendo always had a more normalfaggy audience but even that has changed). Now its literally grown to encompass large parts of the globe and as a result, tastes and standards have fallen. There was a reason gamers were bullied so long ago, and now its "cool" to be a gamer/nerd.

Well why didn't you just say so?
More importantly there are ways to judge a game. The problem with judging a game is that you have to take a criteria that is inherently subjective (fun) and apply it to a product. I would argue that most people on Holla Forums would find other games recommended by others on Holla Forums who's taste isn't deemed shit by a consensus, to be fun. How it accomplishes that is what should be judged.
Does it have engaging map design? Clever characters and dialogue? Is the gameplay engaging?
These are subjective but can be argued from an objective standpoint, and if they can be argued well from as objective a standpoint as possible, then its very likely a "good" game.
Anyways semantics and bullshit aside people on Holla Forums can actually make cases for games either being shit or not being shit on a game-by-game which is why I'd trust them over an autist who only cares about "bad games only being subjectively possible" or a (((reviewer))). Though everyone on Holla Forums should do their own research on the games they play or talk about.

this is something mustards don't know about. You prod them a bit and they show you how much they don't know shit about anything

especially when you realize who their competition is

The 3 monopolies happened because Sony attached a dirt cheap dvd player to a console and got casualfags into the market.
Than you have microsoft falsafying info on why a paid internet access was better than free. Thus the dumb casual market allowed themselves to be fucked over on BS statistics.
Than we have Nintendo fucking up with the gamecube by creating their own discs that kept 3rd parties away and other dumb choices.
Everything went to shit once Microsoft got involved, plain and simple.

If you want to pirate games for consoles you have to chase down specific model numbers and firmware versions.
Also none of the modern consoles have CFW so far.

Of course I don't. It's why I don't support most games in general. But the most shilled for games on Holla Forums are not ones I enjoy, and the few I do enjoy are either shat upon or just overlooked entirely. In your ideal world, I'd be stuck buying Nier Automata, Nioh and playing STALKER during my time off, none of which I particularly enjoyed.
There are certainly things to hate about Nintendo, and I don't buy games that have that. Didn't buy Splat, Arms or Mario Kart due to paid online, and didn't buy Zelda because they crippled the series by falling for the open world meme.

I'd agree with pretty much everything you said, but certain games fall into a middle ground where there isn't really a consensus. Taking Nintendo as an example, BotW, most would agree, wasn't that good. But Odyssey is a lot more complicated. Ignoring the shitposting and accusations of rehashes, the main sticking point for many people, myself included, was how many moons there were and how ultimately underwhelming most of them were. For some, that's a good enough reason to say that the game's shit, whereas others, myself included, still found it fun, albeit flawed. It's those middle ground games that are often lost amongst the shitposting.

The statistics would have to be quantifiable, otherwise there's no point to it. Whether or not "fun" can be quantified properly, I wouldn't know. I'm not a social scientist. If we can assume that people spend their money on products that they regard as "good" and worth their money, we can use sales figures contrasted to development time and budget. Establishing what a good game is, outside consumer statistics. For example, does a good game have a clean code with as little bugs as possible, and does this transfer to the final decision consumers make on the game? Does a good game have a certain visual style or high fidelity graphics?
Then of course you have cultural differences, with titles seeing wide variety of successes and fame in different nations. GTA was regarded as American kusoge for the longest time in Japan while Western markets though differently.
There's also Wisdom of the Crowd, which might yield an overall response from the consumer end, but as said, this is something a proper researcher with more experience under his belt with this sort thing would have to do.

The opposite. Even before Atari hit the market, pinball and penny arcades were highly popular among teenagers and young adults. This easily translated into youth culture when arcade games hit around, and with Pong and Atari 2600 hit the market, it was a cultural breakthrough in each age category. Missile Command used to be played in parties by adults. Microcomputer games were popular among child and adults alike in Europe, though the market shifted largely towards children with arcade ports becoming more common. NES and GameBoy were hits due to them expanding the market, just like how Atari did. Gaming has expanded similarly to films, but that has been natural expansion. Normalfags have always been the main target audience, except with games and consoles that target specific audiences.
You could argue that games are a victim of sorts of their own success, continuing the classical games culture that everybody is part of. The industry itself is now bloated to the brim, and the standards have changed according to the bloat. It doesn't help that both Microsoft and Sony are mainly trying to cater the hardcore gamer niche without trying to expand the market like Nintendo occasionally aims to do. Iwata, whatever your opinion may be of him, was right in that the games industry must expand in order to survive. That didn't keep them from failing in that with the Wii U, or many other consoles.
Regarding the bullying, gamers were just in the long line of reclusive kids being bullied, it in itself was never anything special. The same has happened with any other "inside-doors" hobby. The cool factor also shows how much gaming has penetrated the cultural surface across the globe. As said, games are cultural continuation, so it's to be expected from a billion dollar industry.
I wouldn't exactly agree on standards falling. Games haven't changed much in the last ten to fifteen decades, and that's mostly due to technological advancements meaning less and less. There has also been a developer generation shift, with the old guard who based their games on personal life experiences and things outside gaming. Modern developers tend to base their games on experiences on games, which brings less to the table. They lack the same life experiences and knowledge that they could use a source of inspiration. Nevertheless, we get about the same amount of trash compared to the "good games" like in the ye olden days, assuming we take the explosion of market itself into notice.

I-IT'S NOT FAIR! WHY WON'T THE KIKE BAN THIS THREAD

Fun is probably quantifiable, but Skyrim, BotW, GTA5, CoD and anything Reddit adores would be the most fun to the most people. Doesn't mean that it'd work for Holla Forums.

ive thought of that, but i dont know if id agree with it. its not really something i collect data on, purely gut feeling. if i recall, a while ago it felt like the volume of good games was increasing. so maybe that has something to do with it.
i think a lot of it also has to do with seeing loved franchises and companies fall to the dark side so to speak. blizzard was bought by activision, and ea continues its cannibalism.
it all adds up to sure as fuck not feeling like things arent getting worse.

and then it petered out, i forgot to add.

Shit son, am about to be 30 years older if I read this shit.

NINTENDO CANT DO NO WRONG

Name a good Xbox exclusive besides Forza.

That's then when you have to make up your own mind user. I think what you described is a flaw but most people on Holla Forums who have played Mario games in the past will consider Odyssey a good game at the end of the day and it will be remembered fondly.
The thing is 8/v/ likes to criticize and tear games apart. Every game gets shit on here, which is fine. The shitposts get ignored or responded to (and derail the thread, but that doesn't change the fact that they're shitposts), and quality posts will stick in your mind. If you feel someone gives a worthy criticism of a game on Holla Forums don't take it as an attack on the game or yourself. You know how you feel about the game, why you like it and how you can justify it as a good game or at the very least as a game you liked. Odyssey will get the recognition it deserves on Holla Forums and it won't if it doesn't deserve it. I'd argue that what you're describing is a critical point in a game's life where it gets judged by Holla Forums and quality posts for and against it can change the consensus. Its almost like a "deciding" time for it and I think it will end up being remembered as a good, arguably great game.

If we're talking demographics here, college students and teens have always been a large portion of demographics but you can't compare the influence of games back then to its influence now. I was incorrect in calling it "niche" but it was much smaller than it is now, with esports-shit being multi-billion dollar enterprises and gaming slowly on its way to being a trillion dollar industry.
Anyways it feels like gamers have changed. Would you argue that the college students and late teens of current year are different in tastes from the gamers of the 80s and 90s who fell into that age bracket? I certainly would, though that part is less attributable to games as a whole and more a result of culture shifts and cultural marxism and postmodernism, but that starts to stray into political shit.
Gaming feels like its "gone hollywood" in a sense and that's a damn shame.
Gamers have also become even more consumeristic I'd argue, though maybe the corporations have just found more toxic ways to capitalize off people. I'd argue its a combination of companies finding new ways to take money from gamer's wallets, gamers becoming less discerning as a result of culture at large for youth and young adults becoming less discerning. You make reasonable points though, those are just my thoughts and opinions on it. There's probably even more to what's happened that made current year, well, current year and the gaming media certainly had a part to play in it.

Usually the firmware versions get resolved, its usually only a matter of time. Model numbers are a different story but having CFW on a console or handheld is a lovely feeling.

Those games are shallow.

I have no idea why people are buying it. It's a shit console and a shit handheld. The only thing it has going for it is muh zelda muh mario.

Mechassault? I dunno, I'm really reaching …

Personally I think Nintendo has made a mistake with the Switch but only in the long term. In the short term I think they will make bank. If the Switch replaces both their home console and handheld lines then Nintendo is going to find themselves in the position of making between only 1/2 to 1/3 of the the games they have been able to make since 1989. It may be goodbye to their spinoff games. Also for the first time since ever another manufacturer has a real chance of undercutting Nintendo on the price of a handheld.
The only way out of this for Nintendo, as far as can see, is to either keep the DS line alive or for them to make a budget level handheld.

Because it has games people want and they can play them on the go.
The only thing that determines a console worth are it's games.

Isn't the Switch library mostly just remakes, ports, and shovel ware?
Isn't the PS4 library mostly just remakes, ports, and shovel ware?
Isn't the Xbone library mostly just remakes, ports, and shovel ware?

This can be said of any console as far as two or three whole years after launching. Seriously, that's how bad the industry is as a whole.

The PS4 actually has some okay-looking weebshit in its library that afaik can't be emulated at the moment because PS4 emulators suck right now
Its kinda funny how a lot of its "exclusives" end up being ported though.

Lot of people here didn't think the Switch had a chance at all to begin with, and cited the failure of the Wii U as evidence. Blindly trusting weak correlative patterns like that is exactly how you lose money on the stock market. Good library or not, the Switch's marketing and presentation were 100 times better than the Wii U's, it's chock-full of all kinds of gimmicks that separate it from the other consoles, and for the normalfag looking to blow money on games it's the more substantial choice compared to Sony/Microsoft's hardware revisions. There really wasn't anyway this wasn't going to sell like crazy, and it was obvious.

Yeah, assuming another manufacturer can make a handheld even a quarter of the greatness of the GBA. Which they can't.

Anybody with a fucking brain.
The Switch is only selling because normalfags and Nintendrones (mostly what you see on consoles to be honest).
The console is expensive, it has awful hardware both on specs and the plastic that is made, it started with meh games except for TLoZ and even until now it is full of shovelware and maybe 5 good games if you don't own a WiiU but to be fair, nobody owns a WiiU. But Nintendo hyped their games to an extreme, just look at how hyped Breath of the Wild is even though is has so many flaws as a game, Odyssey is a pretty good game, but people won't stop talking about how much better than N64 is or how Splatoon 2 is amazing, but nobody talks about how cheap is the hardware of the Switch, how they are gonna make you pay for online, or how Breath of the Wild makes you pay for a season pass that it's worth only 1/3 of it's content.

Nintendo did it great to capture the normalfags even though the console sucks hard, EA, Activision, Ubisoft and all those shitty companies were right, just waste a ton on advertising even if the final product is shit and people will still buy it.

*Better than Mario 64 is
fixed.

The market is free and producers should make what people want, anyone who says otherwise is a fag.

that was a good one though

The study would have to be fuckhell wide to get the best possible view on, well, everything. That takes time and money, and I honestly doubt anyone ever will fund such a research. Leaves people more stuff to bicker about.

That's where our personal attachments to games steps in. Anecdotes be damned, but these things seem to go in phases. At one point Computer RPGs where the hottest shit in town, at another it was platform games, then anything that was 3D, and at some point FPS took over. Fighting game boom lasted solid years in the arcades, which all things things considered probably had more negative effects on the long term than most admit. Things have always been changing for better or worse, and franchises come and go. The only thing that seems to be eternal in gaming is Super Mario, and that's probably a good example of a franchise that still has almost universal appeal. Not all games need to have it, and personally I'd rather than one or two odd peculiar games here and there with experimental takes on designs and mechanics than huge franchises doing the same thing over and over.

Indeed, gaming was smaller back then, but so was everything else. Only few hobbies were shared globally, mainly sports and radio. With world becoming smaller and tighter thanks to the Internet and other ways to keep in easy contact with people across the world, like you and me here, it has become easier to share, well, everything. I wouldn't disagree that people and gaming is different, because it is. Everything has. The Hollywood comparison is most apt, as the game industry has modeled itself after it to some extension. Sad to say, but that's the era we live in, and it is partially due to ease of contact and the wealth of information we have. Nobody really cares to be an educated consumer anymore, which plays into your consumerist gamer. It's almost a backlash against the saving culture that got dropped by the end of the 1990's, and now that the macro-economy has started to rise from the 2007-08 financial crisis, people are again starting to have a lot of money to spend, something each and every company wants to take advantage of. Tastes changes, and I've noticed few times in my old fart age that these young kids don't have anything good anymore. I wouldn't sign these as as standards dropping, but the emphasize changing due to both surrounding demands and technology allowing it. Game design as field hasn't kept up with the new technology, and that might be why most mainstream games tend to emphasize graphical fidelity. That, and you really shouldn't try to fix what works. Putting a variation on what works may yield interesting results though.
I completely agree that companies are using predatory tactics to essentially leech off from the consumers, and a younger generation caring less about certain issues when comes to economics. However, as said, the current economic trend is again on the rise, and that might invite further consumerism for the next decade or so. More people are able to gain access to these games overall, and that sadly also invite anti-consumer tactics.
Sorry for the rambles, it's middle of the night. I need get some sleep before I go to work in four hours.

There is no more GBA. There hasn't been a GBA in 10 years. If another company makes a handheld they won't be competing with the GBA, they'll be competing with the Switch which they could do so on purely a price point basis. That was the point that I was trying to make.

I wasn't expecting to get some quality discussion in a Switch thread.
:^)
Have a good night user.

They could easily compete on an ergonomic basis as well. The Switch is huge and clunky as fuck.
If only Sega had a pair. they seem like they'd have the best chance of competing against Ninty out of the large current year vidya companies

The Switch is going to outsell the DS and PS2 lifetime sales of 150 million consoles at this point. It may greatly surpass both even if we consider the natural falling of year-on-year sales after the first couple of years.

I'm not sure how I feel about this. On ome hamd, its NuTendo getting all the success, but on the other hand, the alternatives are Sony and Microcock. I think overall Nintendo still deserves that top spot, but only because the industry as a whole is so shit now.

Maybe they could get together Bandai and make a new WonderSwan.

the best console would be a collaboration between sega, nec and snk.

Wow a thread thread where the benefits and cons of a new console get discussed. And it hasnt dissolved into shitposting garbage
I like 8/v/

I could get behind that.

I farted. Great thread

its scary because they have a taste for blood lately. id like to be able to say nintendo has the most incentive to do us well because their entire existence is owed to video games and their pride is also on the line. with sony and especially microsoft they its just another avenue of revenue. but yeah, nintendos picked up the scent of modern electronic entertainment, and its pretty damn scary.

fool me once, shame on you

not as amazing as it could be tbh

This.
He probably was so spergy that even the cocksucking fags on the mod team had to deal with him
they've been deleting my posts in other threads at random today, fuck you faggots

these "people" aren't just nintendo "people". The problem is playing online at all.

Nice quads though.

These are mostly kids, they're going through the phase the emo faggots from high school went through when we were their age.

In time, they'll grow out of it. Wouldn't be the least bit surprised if a lot of these kids turn out to be the next generation of fascists.

if those are kids then the world is fucked. They're too far gone to crawl out of brainwashing of that level. Even fucking redditors on KiA and t_d are better than those absolute cancers

user, kids learn, they don't think like that forever. A lot of kids think sharing is caring until they learn that things have value and cost money.

The PS4 sold with the only exclusive worth playing being bloodborne so the switch selling with only two exclusives worth playing (odyssey, splatoon 2) shouldn't be a surprise.

They won't grow out of it as this isn't some pop culture, it's an attack on our culture by another nation.

they will grow out of it, the problem being that this other nation will have a new trap set up by then

nah, there's more new releases actually worth playing on the ps4 than anything else these past few years.

do I need to point you to every leftist adult in their 20s and early to mid 30s?

The driving force of PS4 sales are people who can't into PC gaming, the multiplats don't matter. Look how well PS4 is selling, even though it's basically a PC with BSD gaming distro on it. If multiplats were a bad thing for a console's sales, PS4 would be fucked. I think anons get confused because they are usually pretty competent, but average normalfag thinks people are wizards and hackers for building their own computers.

Xbone is a different story, but MS was so incompetent with marketing that even if they had decent exclusives, they'd still be struggling.

yeah I don't care.
it's not.
it's becoming a very normal thing to build your own PC or at least get a competent prebuilt on ebay or something like a cyberpowerpc.

The PS Vita failing is almost exclusively Sony's fault.

I don't know.

This.

Treehouse needs to die before its cancer spreads any more. That is all.

Get a screen protector, one of the modified docks that dont slot or a cover for that side. Hate to shill, but if you need a usbc and ascreen protector, there are kits with both and a how do I put it, a cozy that is soft that slips on the side that touches the screen.

Normalfag cred mario odyssey was better in my opinion

Why? with Sony's first parties being so bad wouldn't it be better to just stick with something like the Switch with all the companies that make that games you actually buy a Vita for putting their games on the Switch, it's getting an exclusive Umihara Kawase in 2018.

You will probably get your wish anyway Sony doesn't like the idea of Nintendo doing well and with the money they are making from PS+ will fund a Playstation Swap just to stifle any possible Switch momentum, Sony will probably make PS+ mandatory on that platform as well and actually make good money off of it.

I read that Sony was leaving the handheld market because the Vita did so poorly.

Sony will be back, PS+ is an endless fountain of gold, and competition merely existing is a threat to that fountains integrity.

They will just go all "muh smartphones killed handheld" like in that mp4

t. Jamalicus

argue the points pussy

Console waring is against the rules faggot. It always goes
Either way the ps4 is so bad that I can't believe cuckchanners even defend it.
The fact that you defend such a shit company along with using cuck chan terms like "Mustard" really just shows that this place isn't safe from you faggots.

online is for retards and children
more than that, but you sound like you made up your mind
yeah i think what valve does is pretty scummy

not an argument :^)

Only when all you have to play online is shit. You are the same retard a few weeks ago everyone was making fun of.
I own a ps4. Well not really, I share a room with my room mate who does so I basically own one. Gravity Rush 2 and Bloodborne are all I enjoyed.
How does it feel being literally the only consolefag on Holla Forums Holla Forums?

I have plenty of options - I am typing this on my PC after all, I've just been playing online long enough to know I don't want to have to deal with autistic children like yourself.
gravity rush 1 and 2, yakuza 0, yakuza kiwami, a working version of nier automata, nioh when it was released, wipeout omega collection, and so many many many physical copies that are just wonderful to own. kof 14, tekken 7, next year we'll have blade strangers and a certain magical virtual on. There's so many options, it's just great.
how does the constant desire to fit in and belong feel? Must be scary when someone comes along to challenge it.

Thanks for proving my point.
Just admit you own a ps4 because you are too dumb/poor to buy games for other systems. If you only own one system then whatever but what amazes me is how you console drones thing that that makes the system you own amazing when in fact the ps4 is sony's worst console ever released.

what's wrong with ports? These ones work great, physical copies of them represent true ownership, they're pretty much all for the developers intended platform, and what about the games that aren't ports? Nothing to say about them?
I don't think the PS4 is amazing, I think it's viable. Why does it need to be amazing? I just get plenty of enjoyment out of it, and I've found lots of games I've enjoyed on the system and see plenty more coming up in the near future.

sounds like you have more dog in this "fight" than I do. I don't care if it's their worst or best, it's just got games on it, and that's enough for me.

Because they are almost better on their original platform and even more so better on PC.
Games that you can get on better systems. If you really had a decent PC you would have no reason of buying a PS4. You are rewards a kike company that isn't even trying.

I think its shit super hitler.
Its a gaming tablet I don't want that to be the thing people chase after like they did with motion capture with the wii

prove it, is yakuza 0 better on ps3 or on ps4? gravity rush better on vita or ps4? astebreed better on pc or ps4? go ahead. weigh the differences, and never forget physical ownership.

I have one, although I'm looking forward to what AMD unveils next year for their ryzen platform, I'll be honest, few PC games interest me any more. I spent the past 20 years playing PC games, and it's nice to explore the other side of things as thoroughly as I did there. And it's been more fun in a lot of ways too.

Go ahead, tell me which versions are better on other platforms, but to me it sounds like you're a bit of a fanboy for a platform and it's not a good look. Really clouds your judgement.

Gravity Rush on vita because it's portable
Yakuza on ps3 doesn't require me to buy a Brick of a console so I can play a game with slightly better graphics and like I said before nearly all PC ports are automatically better.
Not true for all console games and even then doesn't matter since you can easily crack all PC games. You have no argument. You like a ps4 due to convenience, that doesn't make it better.

60fps doesn't matter more to you? Strange.

I found this is true about 40% of the time. Lots of games have odd performance issues, do not work on newer operating systems, poor driver support (both nvidia and amd are guilty of this), missing effects that are present on console, missing content thats present on console. It's not something than simply always be "modded in." and that's a hard pill to swallow, but reality is going to keep hitting you in the face until you swallow it.

If you're going to toss out the graphics argument on why these games are better, why disregard the performance argument in gravity rush's case? or the graphics argument in yakuza's case? Does it just not matter in some cases? Very hypocritical.

Oh I know this, and I do it, and recommend others do it too. Don't waste money on PC games.
nah, I like it because the games are there, the developer support is there, physical ownership of games allows copies to hold and gain value over time unlike PC games which well, I think you'd agree, they aren't worth paying for, ever.

That guy is fucking handicapped, I'm glad Nintendo don't consider games as only a means to make money.

If you cared that much about framerate then you would play every game on PC. As for me I prefer portability. Either way adding 30 more frames isn't worth a brick console, especially when it's getting not that hard to emulate Vita games.
So you are an idiot who can't get PC games running on his toaster.

The ps4 isn't a good console because it can play ports.
Except it has less games than basically any other system.
Again, you like the ps4 because of convenience but it is still a pile of shit.

Physical copies do have value. He's right about that, so stop being a disingenuous shitposting faggot about it

I care about it to a point, I'm not obsessed with it. I can recognize how good an improvement 60 is over 30. I have a display capable of much higher than 144hz that many people are adopting now but it's not really the end all be all for me. Many games I want to play just aren't on PC or aren't best on PC.
the absolute portability of PC gaming
no need to start lying to defend your beloved.

you might have reading comprehension issues. It's not hard to get games running on the PC, and I even have a few different options for compatibility, I don't just have one PC of course. I even have a dedicated 9x machine.

more than the wii u, xbone, switch, and definitely more than the PC has in recent years.
convenience is a plus, but no, there's much more to it, and I've explained it already. You seem really interested in trying to make my mind up for me, but I'm spelling it all out for you. Up to you to understand it, however.

Ok but you are a retard if you are going to put the objectively worse version of a game above a better version because one is physical and one isn't. When you really think about it you can easily just store your games on fucking Thumb Drives like I do and it's no worse.

You see portability is why a Vita is a good companion to a PC. The ps4 has no advantage what so ever.
See, consoles are for idiots who can't figure out how to get games running.
Wrong
It's about on par with
Wrong
Now you are just acting retarded.

So a console with basically nothing but ports has more games than other systems with exclusives? Who are you trying to fool here?

The WiiU may be a dead console but even has more games than the PS4. The ps4 has fucking nothing faggot.

ah, the extremely valuable user-backup 64gb sandisk cruzer. truly this will appreciate far more in value than my copy of ys origin on vita.

the absolute difficulty of double clicking an installer, dragging and dropping a crack, and installing a fan patch.
No, you misunderstood from the very beginning. the 40% remark wasn't about "getting games running." You might want to re-read it until you get it.

tw101, dkctf, bayo2, 3d world? The last one's a stretch, 3d world was pretty weak.

all those xbone games I can just play on my PC if I really wanted to (I don't) and the few I can't…don't seem very good. Halo 5 looks awful.

Not much interest in WRPGs or simulators or games of that sort. I like action oriented games or arcade style games. I liked Ballistic, I liked Severance Blade of Darkness, I liked source mods and giants citizen kabuto. Things which aren't really being produced any more. I mean if your argument is quantity, sure, there's plenty more on PC in the past few years, but quality? Yeah I'll stick with the dozen or so games that appeal to me rather than the 200 I don't care for.

nah it really doesn't.

Oh wow, maybe you might make back a 1/10th of what you waisted on a shit console user.
Again, because you are an idiot.
Already a better list than the shitty ports you listed.
So can the ps4 games. I can literally stream them all if I wanted.
So you are too casual for RTS, CRPG, ect. That only goes to show my point that console kids are dumb.

Mario
Splatoon
Dk
Bayo 2
Yoshi
W101
Captain toad
Pikmin 3
Smash bros
You even admit that the ps4 is just a port machine. You can't win.

it's wasted, silly. And no, good memories, fun times with friends, and enjoying myself is never a waste. Sounds like you might be a little jealous. Don't worry, after you're done fuming you can come over and play some fighting games with me.

having reading trouble? This isn't what was written, try reading it again until it makes sense.

tw101 was great, but I think my memories of nier automata will stick with me longer in the end. dkctf is one of my top platformers of all time, but bayo2? I'm interested in seeing how the switch release ends up. 3d world was very poor, you might need to work on your taste a bit.

yes uh…the excellent experience of paying to stream games in youtube 720p quality. Weren't you just talking about how it's so bad to pay for online? Not the best strategy.
to be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand rick and morty.
lets not pretend these games require intelligence, they're video games, toys for kids.

worst 3d mario yet, outdated and replaced by splatoon 2, dkctf is great (1 game), bayo 2 was ok (1.5 tbh), yoshi's wooly world was forgettable, w101 was great (2.5), captain toad was forgettable, pikmin 3 was disappointing and smash bros 4? Why would I play any smash over melee?

sounds a lot like I'm getting games that are also on the PC, but are better on the PS4. Hopefully you get a yakuza game soon so you can see what you're missing out on. I hear sega of europe will be releasing them by the end of 2016.

Not that user but 3D world was a fine game even if it was the weakest 3D mario. It is better than defending shitty ports. Literally you are pretending that a port machine is the best system. It's amazing.
Holy shit user, your tastes are so fucking shit. No wonder you defend a shit console.
Even if the Wiiu had one game that would put it ahead of all the shitty ports you are defending.

Bayo 2 alone is better than all your ports.

Is this the new "waah the 3DS is too square and is hurting my hands" meme? Are you some kind of hemophiliac?

Reminder to filter and report
Else

nah, yakuza 0 is better. bayo2 was pretty poor.

once a shitskin, always a shitskin

Keep in mind Nier is a polarized game here. There's a lot of people who do and don't enjoy it. I genuinely don't know what you're trying to say here. Assuming people here bought things they knew were good those 3 games wouldn't be the only ones to exist.

Yakuza 0 was on the PS3 as well in Japan. It was PS4 exclusive in the west so Sony could claim they had two games on the PS4 now.

What the fuck Nintendo, how can a company with this much experience in building systems fuck up this hard

Because people will buy the fix. Look at all the revisions of the 3DS.

It was me, you got me.

They've learned their lesson from the Wii U and have started marketing it more. I have been seeing
so many ads for the Switch lately.

On one hand it's disappointing but on the other hand one DmC is enough.

You say that like Bayonetta is bad and that Capcom still make DMC games.

I got a Switch. I never owned a Wii U so everything i missed on that coming over is pretty fantastic. Heres to hoping Smash 5 or a port happens

yeah, the Switch is great if you never had a WiiU.

That shit was stamped out in a week.

There's this. amazon.com/Nintendo-Switch-Pro-Controller/dp/B01NAWKYZ0

Sorry, I just went to Amazon to show ya a better controller hasty. There's probably better images and places to shop for whatever's better than the joycons.

I heard that two Bayonetta games are gonna come over to the Switch, plus, the mention third.

Did uncle Nintendo touch you inappropriately?

Or because the last DMC was trash and there hasn't been a new one in years.

It's sad that you have to spend so much time defending a console with the least amount of good exclusives to be released in decades.

Like always, you are one blatant lolcow.
You seriously are on the spectrum, lad but then again, you're a Sonygger shill with a 2012 laptop and a soft spot for the Sega Saturn whos derailed countless threads since mid 2016 with his autistic antigonization of anything Nintendo or PC.

You're Cody Pretendo at this point

It was me. What'd you wanna say to me faggot?

Kek @ the Sonygger ITT