Thoughts on the 3DS? I'm thinking of buying one. I have a Vita and that's great but the memory cards are too expensive...

Thoughts on the 3DS? I'm thinking of buying one. I have a Vita and that's great but the memory cards are too expensive. I was only able to buy an 8gb. Anything more is just too much.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_Vita_games_(A–L)
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nintendo_3DS_games
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It has some alright games on it, wouldn't recommend unless you get one that you can put CFW/AM9H/BS9 on

the 3ds is OK but extremely underwhelming. There's a lot more games on the vita.

I wouldn't say extremely underwhelming it has the best harvest moon-esque game on it.
It also has the two worst SMT games on it. Mixed bag really.

For the vita dont use sony's memory cards.

You can buy an adapter called "sd2vita" which lets you use the came card slot as an sd card port.

And the 3ds has lots of great games. And considering that it's been completely hacked with boot9hax. You have no reason not to get one.

Nigger what?

That's just flatout wrong.
Unless you're just talking about japanese games, the 3ds clearly dominates the vita in regards to games.

The CFW is 10/10, but I've been off the scene for quite some time.
The games are pretty good depending on what you're looking for, if you like Harvest Moon, Rune Factory 4 is your thing. If you buy a New 3DS you can overclock it for better performance in some games. Also, expanding the memory is pretty easy.

Here's the most recent chart I have. There's another one, that an user was making here, but that one sucks because "Muh opinion is better than yours".

I didn't know there was an alternative already. What about CFW? Last time I heard it fucking sucked. What about now?

Is it possible to use this if my vita is updated?

Don't forget that if you have an n3ds it's pretty neat for homebrew.

What firmware is it on?

this was true really early on. the 3ds had bangers like kid icarus uprising, mario 3d land, smt games, etrian odyssey, etc. lots of good stuff going on. the past few years? Apart from ever oasis this year has had what? pokemon?

I'm not sure, but I updated it the other day.

Nah it never sucked, it just didn't have a way to auto-launch the cfw on boot.

You'd have to open an infected email, to launch it.

But now you can open it on boot, and with the sd2vita you can use any size sd card.

3DS is only good for Etryan Odyssey, Harvest Moon and Monster Hunter.

If you don't like any of those or think they won't hold you for too long you might as well just give it the pass.

What the fuck is wrong with you, you stupid fuck?

But that's just objectively wrong.
The 3ds userbase is like 30-1 for every vita user you'd see 30 3ds users.

That's why I asked if he was talking about nip titles or not. Because japan is the only place where it has any form of relevancy.

I'm not sure what this has to do with the games currently available on the platform.

This tbh. I can't really defend the 3DS even when they have really great games when in the last couple of years there hasn't been any decent release.

I heard something about not being able to leave it in sleep mode or it would fuck with your saves or something of the sort, it was really early on the first exploit they had, it had a fruit name and it was a butthurt fag who leaked/released it unfinished.
You can play absolutely anything without problems at all? What about DLC? At the time DLC was a no no as well.

The bigger the userbase is, the bigger potential profit is.

So its a no-brainer to make a game for a system that's still got a massive active userbase, than one for a system that's got a niece at best non-japanese userbase.

that makes absolutely no sense. Are you implying that somehow the vita, which undersold the 3ds has a larger playerbase and somehow this causes the games on it to be better because…. only good games get made on bigger consoles?

Hardware is good to get.

Citing 3DS's few good titles is alright and all.
But what about good Vita exclusive titles that are in actual english?

in theory, but it's really not that simple. It's about audience and demographics. If the main audience for the platform is kids who want the latest pokemon game and the occasional marry-oh and animal cross dressing, then they aren't going to give a fuck about theatrhythm dragon quest or ever oasis or corpse party. The developers and publishers of those games know that there's a massive audience that will literally only buy pokemon that measures into the tens of millions for the 3DS. Sort of like how publishers know there's a massive audience that wants only one big shooter a year which is why battlefront, call of duty, battlefield, and destiny are all competing for that spot to be the big yearly shooter.

It's a little more complicated than big number = big profit, but that's how it works. There's audiences and demographics and that is how these things are decided.

A few years ago there was a sales chart for the vita and 3ds. I think it was 2014, with all the sales focused on Japan - what were the biggest titles on both platforms? On the 3DS, the biggest sellers were monster hunter, pokemon, and animal crossing. 3 games for an entire year took up the entirety of that chart.

On the vita, it had 20 games all selling in best seller statuses.

Well here's the story of the vita scene.

What happened is that there was a program that could install certian types of vita games called "Vitamin" Someone leaked it, and the dev threw a temper tantrum and threatend to leave to scene.

Later on "Henkaku" came out.

There was an exploit that was descovered in the web browser and they used it to install a custom firmware. and a fake email in the email app to launch the firmware.

After a while Vitamin gets updated, and now they could dump and install titles and dlc.

Then a few months ago, some based man designed a board that lets you use an sd card as a memory card for the vita so you don't have to waste money on sony's over priced cards.

No you fucking mongoloid. I never said that the 3ds had "better games" I said that the 3ds had *more* games due to the objective fact that the userbase of the 3ds overwhelmingly out numbers the vita userbase.

I don't think they hold a candle to 3DS good titles, specially with things like Kid Icarus and Smash Bros, even if the later is not as good as the Wii U version.

I see. I might get a Vita myself, then. And what a shitshow, I remember that now Skipping the past generation was a mistake, I really want a Wii U and a PS4 now too

Ok but here's the thing, while you are correct about there being different demographics.

The thing is, is that the vita is basically dead outside of Japan.

So if you're working on a budget game for a handheld console, the 3ds is the only logical console to choose from that would make sense business wise.

Just remember the vita ==CAN'T BE OVER 3.42== otherwise no cfw for you.

And dude, don't get a wii u, just play the games on cemu.

cemu is not a good replacement for a wii u. for everything but botw its a mess and it's gonna be that way for years now.

Go back to >>>/cuckchan/ you stain

Well from what i've played it's pretty good.

I just dont think it's really needed to get a wii u unless you can get it for absolutly dirt cheap.

Amazing

Dong Freeze and 3D World are running pretty much flawlessly

how do you tap on the screen and blow into the mic for 3d world?

Well truth be told I got it off twitter.
But, jesus fuck that is that what 4chan devolved into?

You bound one imput to the mouse and the other to the gamepad.

You're not a very good liar newfag
A shithole
They can't even embed this garbage, only share it via webmshare and other assorted links.
Its pathetic

What are you talking about? You can get Henkaku for any Vita thats using versions up to 3.60

Sorry I'm retarded I mistook 3.62 for 3.42.

sounds remarkably inconvenient and ultimately ridiculously inaccurate.

No thanks, user. Lear to red text.

Alot of emu's are proprietary what's your point?

So none of them are.

Ok i just dont think it's work buying a wii u when i can emulate the games.

I'm gonna ask one more fucking time, what is Ever Oasis?

just play it, its the only 3DS game that came out this year.

Etrian Odyssey V too.

So does using the WiiU gamepad tablet and blowing spit towards it.

Stop calling people retards when you don't know what you're talking about. The 3DS may have a larger userbase but it has a smaller intall base. Many people don't keep their 3ds like Vita owners. Not only that but the Vita has a much larger library.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_Vita_games_(A–L)
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nintendo_3DS_games
This isn't a complete list but simply half of the list is larger than the whole 3DS list. The license for making games for Nintendo is much more expensive than Sony platforms. So smaller companies have an easier time making games on those platforms. Combine this with the good install base and otaku audience who buys almost anything with cute girls and you're bound to have more games, even if a ton are just visual novels. The 3ds audience will barely look past the most popular stuff out there.

It includes both pages so it has 286 more.

How is Utawareromono not a game? Visual novels are mainly just ways a story is presented which is why you can have VNs with and without gameplay. I'm going by the VNDB definition though.

VNs with gameplay are hybrids.
They stand out from VNs because they have gameplay.
Pure VNs are not video games and never will be.

No matter how much you'd like to believe that flipping a book's page can be a game.

i've watched this like 11 times lmao

I'm sure other people have said it here, but the 3ds is most worth it if you spend the extra $100 or so to get a FlashCart or get one that you can break open for homebrew and .3ds and .nds playability, as well as some good Emulators.

Zork is not a videogame, got it.

Does Zork limit you to turning the page?
Is "turn page" the only command you're given, you god damn faggot?

No, this is what Holla Forums has devolved into :^(

Oh look its this faggot again
I actually updated that chart without removing much besides the shit games and so far people have been great about the new chart. There has only been 1 user who has a problem with the new chart.

Kill yourself, user, that chopped off shit list is bad too.

topkek
I'd have removed plenty more
you have no arguments, nobody likes you and archives exist of your faggotry
stay mad though, maybe cuckchan respects bottom-dwellers like you with no taste

2 Untold and the rest of the Pokemon games should be removed. God those are disappointments.

Do it faggot. Get a N3DSXL, it's the best current model.

Good games, compatible with all SNES, NES and GBA games, and CFW is an unstoppable force.

I spent years searching for the perfect handheld emulator/homebrew console. for about 5 years PSP had filled the void for me, but the N3DS has superior hardware and a massive hacking scene. It's so fuckin hype.

The problem with the Vita is that a lot of the games are multiplatform, and the Vita is the worst system to play them on.

3DS has a shitty D-pad and can't emulate any home console past the 4th gen. It's far from the perfect emulation handheld.

Considering that the sd2vita is a thing now, it's the it's better than the n3ds.

stupid nigger

It was a simple mistake, no need to be so autistic over it.

when the fuck did they get internet in uganda

It's funny that the "hijacked" part is removing 5 games off the list because you personally didn't like them. Fire Emblem fags are cancer alright and the people who hates Federation Force are band-wagoners, specially when you can simply pirate to play it co-op. X/Y is excellent, specially compared to Gen V. In those very same archives you can see how no one gave a shit about the shitty chart the other user done so you just took the existing one, removed 3 games and called it a day like the hacks you are. There was literally no reason to modify the list, and the changes done are so stupid that I doubt someone would give a shit.

The D-pad is good, but the position is really fucking awkward.

Can the Vita even emulate games now?

People have been saying for a while that the Vita was a good emulation machine
no idea if its true or not though lmao

Also
Archives continue to prove you wrong faggotron
Also wrong
oh christ you must be a nintendrone, nobody liked x/y, it was a literal tech demo for pokemon
The new chart was made after the edits, and I removed 7 games that would be near universally agreed on. You act like a fucking faggot. Do you even know what Torrential Downpour is. Are you some kind of filthy fucking crossposter? Why do you have such a hardon for cuckchan? Do you know what NoA have done? What NISA has done?
You are honestly cancer. federation force is garbage and so is your taste, nobody here will agree with you

The Vita is filled with a lot more garbage and masturbatory weeaboo fantasies that put characters over gameplay.

As it should be for weebosation. If you wanted otherwise you'd play PC.

They prove your circlejerk, nigger.
The rest are just faggot implications that nothing have to do with the games.
SPECIALLY WHEN YOU CAN AND SHOULD PIRATE THEM ALL IN THE FIRST PLACE
So NISA and NoA bullshit is irrelevant. You can just patch those games. IF you weren't a nigger you'd say as much in the chart instead of outright removing the game. Reminder that people left cuckchan for censorship and circlejerk. You're no different than a cuckchanner. Your list is just removing some games arbitrarily because "nobody like them lol".

No doub't it's a amazing emulation machine.

The only thing that used to limit it was that you needed to use sony's over priced memory cards but, now you can just use normal sd cards.

Positioning is my biggest gripe with it. It's also a bit too flat for my liking, but I get that's due to the clamshell design.

Nothing wrong with flat.

Haha I get it, hilarious fellow anonymous. MY SIDES = OBLITERATED

They were SHIT GAMES AS WELL YOU RETARD, THEY NEVER DESERVED TO BE ON A RECOMMENDATION CHART IN THE FIRST PLACE
REMOVING SHITTY GAMES FROM A RECOMMENDATION CHART ISN'T CENSORSHIP, YOU ARE AN ACTUAL NIGGER
also
You are an actual retard
So basically you are the only one who has the opinion that those shitty games should be in the chart, and what a surprise, you are a cuckchan apologist.
You have opinions nobody shares, your taste is garbage
You can pirate what you want, but cuckchan chart doesn't tell people shit about what to do for the games. Not only that but there are buyfags, believe it or not, who will buy shit based off chart recommendations.

What's with all the cuckchanners?

Unfortunately, I like my D-pads bigger.

the greatest d-pad known to man

3D is a worthless gimmick. It took like 5 hardware revisions, but Nintendo finally got it right with the 2DS XL. Also shit's hacked like nothing I've ever seen get hacked before. They hacked it so hard you can fucking pirate games directly from Nintendo's own eShop servers and those games are 100% legitimate.

Having compared the 2DSXL to the N3DSXL, I find the 2DSXL feels much weaker, structurally. plus the hinge starts wiggling much earlier.

How about the N2DSXL?

The regular 3ds' corners and Dpad were too sharp, but it is solidly constructed. You can tell they put a lot of effort (too much maybe) into rectifying the structural problems of the DS Lite.

every nintendo console with hinges has had these things snap like nothing. Hinges were a mistake.

ah fuck, that's the one I mean.

There's no such thing as an O2DS XL. There's just the 2DS and the N2DS XL.

Ultimately I believe that the entire DS family was a mistake. Despite loving the games they have, NONE of them made good use of the second screen and every revision has been a struggle to deal with how uncomfortable and "top heavy" the device is to hold. It's unbalanced in the hands, and the tiny little stylus they come with makes you cramp.

Fuck's sake when the thing first launched people were buying special stands to play Kid Icarus with because the game was straight unpleasant to play while holding the thing.

too many faggot fucking weeb lovers here who think fagaroppa computer book is a game LOL

It feels fine though.