Warcraft 3 - Russian Wtii Edition

Hey you fresh, good-smelling people. Let's talk about the best game of everyone's childhood. Warcraft 3.

Why was Undead so boring? You always played DK + Lich, never anything else. In mirror matches you sometimes used to start with Lich, but also always went DK 2nd. I'm not sure, but that style might be out of date now and you just play DK first.

But seriously. It's always fucking DK first. Because Death Coil and Aura is so extremely good and every Undead Army is extremely gimped without it.
Are other factions better at diversity?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/user/ElfLeaderMike
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because nuking enemies down made you very strong and the lich had a good amount of range to capitalize on orb of corruption. That and Unholy Aura allowed for early aggression/creeping with ghouls.
Recently a strategy emerged where people bought Dark Ranger as their first hero, took a rod of necromancy and blight things and just built up an army of skeletons creeping towards the enemy base.
It's cool to see the meta still changing.
No. NE is best, you can pick most of the heroes without sucking. Orc you can go BM or Far Seer, but you have to use your wolves properly as Far Seer (usually attacking workers). Humans most common hero is Archmage, but I have seen some funny gimmicks, like Blood Mage into Alchemist, then using a mixture of Siphon Magic + Banish + Healing Spray to dominate a fight at an enemy base. Struggles against certain defenses though.

Legion TD got released as a steam game recently. What a laugh. Warcraft 3 was great because it was a million games.

I haven't seen it much. What I witnessed it that people use all kinds of tricks now to creep camps by blocking in creeps with either units of buildings in weird places.

I am no expert, but I see a problem with that strategy. And that is the same reason why no Undead uses Necromancers. Skeletons are cheap free exp and you really don't want to feed your enemy exp.

I only really play and watched Undead in pro matches.
Are Undead really unique that they don't have a lot of strategic diversity or are other factions the same?

Why don't people play neutral heros more?

Neutral heroes are expensive. Most teams don't have a lot of diversity when you get down to it. And a lot of it is based off what the enemy hero is and what you have.
You use Raiders if you have a Blademaster so he can DPS. You use Druid of Talon to cyclone the enemy units so you can surround. Archmage with Water Elementals to creep, then Mountain King with Storm Bolt and Bash, usually with caster units to support, and then Siege Tanks to win the game

Does that mean they are also worth more?
Doesn't the second hero cost the same whether you decide to fill that hero slot with a neutral or one of your faction?
I actually don't know this, I always thought they would.

I was actually wrong, neutral heroes don't cost anything if they are your first hero. I think the only other people might not pick neutral heroes is likeā€¦

I think there has to be more to it.

Maybe it's because the basic abilities of neutral heroes don't have as much synergy with your faction, even though the ultimate of some neutral heroes are really powerful. (Level 6 Alchemist can win games by himself)

Like I said, a strategy emerged with Dark Ranger and Undead.

They do. The UD and Orcs almost always pick the two race heroes because the combination is simply too good to pass on.
NE sometimes pick the panda against humans and you can often see the Naga Sea Witch, Alchemist, Beast Master and Tinker as second or third heroes.
Pit Lord and Firelord are underrated, but excellent if you know how to use them.

I'm playing as HU and am trying to figure out a good way to roll with the Mountain King and Blood Mage without getting wrecked too hard.
I just can't stand how squishy the Archmage is.

How do you use Firelord?
I see him so rarely.

Pitlord I see quite often, because Wtii loves him for some reason.

You should try watching some funnywarcraft3
He's a youtuber, and trawling through his videos shows a bunch of games where he uses different heroes.

Firelord is tricky, so that's why you don't see him often.
It comes down to doing as much damage as possible with the lava spawn so more can appear and overwhelming the enemy with them.
It's a lot more micro intensive than just throwing a Storm Bolt at a low hp unit, but the pay-off is huge and can win you the game.

But he doesn't speak and I don't like that.
I want people to communicate their thoughts. I don't want to attentively watch a video and speculate about why he does what.

Oh. So he is only good, because of the lava spawn?

The other two spells are useful as well, but the lava spawn is the main thing.
Same as any other hero, really.

Me and 2 other friend want to get back into the game but I've spent most of my time on customs so I'm shit at the base game. How the fuck do you avoid get swarmed with basic fucking units and how do you develop so fast anyway?

No wonder you're a faggot.

Fuck you, I played Age of Empires II as a little babby.

watch wtii

Just patch the game dude lmao.

Good idea. Lemme just go order a new chipset from China and weld it in.

I mean, Dune is great but it holds nothing compared to Orcs vs Humans. You will never play Warcraft 1 on a modern system with bigger resolution, ever.

I had fucking ptsd from that sound effect and watched a werewolf movie a year ago and I instantly recongized the dragon screeching sound, because apparently it was a stock sound effect.

Well, you'd know all about being a bitch

Jesus fuck and it looks like Doturd 2. I never got the extreme autism that latched people onto that game, I mean it's interesting for some time but what the fuck. People gave up all the variety of fun maps to rehost the same shit until the game's death.

I got screeched out of the fucking Holla Forums wc3 discord because legion TD was that serious to them

I have come to like Werewolf very very much.

How the fuck did you make that connection. The standalone legion game is an abomination of visual design. Dota 2 looks (looked, since they seem to be obsessed in making in painfully bright and sleek like LoL) fucking great with great visual direction. Whats with games starting to look fucking worse and worse the more they get updated with "graphical improvement"

horde have and always will be the niggers of warcraft.

Even as a kid I thought that game was an abomination because of ugly it is

What do you mean ugly?
The Graphics were alright. The texture work was a bit wakrd, because it was strechted on a skeleton.

Why do you have so high standards? What does it matter, if she's rather plain without makeup, but sucks you like a godess and fondels your balls with unrivaled enthusiasm and is extremely inventive and curious and bed and knows over 100 different tricks and is willing to have sex with you in all kinds of different locations?

The Fel Orcs were cool.

the game was abomination

Which do you prefer. WC3 Abomination or WoW Abomination?

that seems like a fun game I never really got to play because no one played it

well might as well since we are on the topic of shit games anyway

Hat greed. Chinese market greed. Greed greed.

my balls are greedy, hurry up and enter my cock~

We had a fucking blast back then with a variety of different maps and good leadership, then came in a bunch of memester faggots constantly hosting garbage on purpose, then everyone just hosted the same map over and over, then it died for good. Whatever it is now it's best to stay away from it.

Warcraft!

the reason why it became like that was probably down to the youtube channel, as well as the fact that there's alot of trash people in it

what youtube channel?

pls respond

youtube.com/user/ElfLeaderMike

why would you want that gay shit?

Because I like to do other stuff in the background and if someone commentates what they are doing, I don't have to focus on the video for so long and with such great intensity.

The reason it became shit is because active members burned out of playing wc3 7 days a week, and good leaders grew up to become wagies/normies with social life that don't have time for wc3 (or got overdosed on drugs and literally became veggies).

Also it was never good: always filled with dumb drama and the usual Holla Forums meme circlejerk.