Warhammer 40k

Genuine question - what is from warhammer series of games worth playing? I am complete noob in terms of what's available. I only heard that dawn of war 3 is shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=J66Tit4PbAE
moddb.com/mods/wrath-of-the-blood-ravens
1d4chan.org/wiki/Chapter_Master_(game)
youtube.com/watch?v=jCMNWAJiz5Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

chaos gate

You're not shitting, right? Its pretty old.

Space Marine is pretty well better than it should be. Not great, mind you. Just a bit better than a unreal mod.

Dawn of War 1. If you're including Fantasy, I also really liked Vermintide and Mordheim, though both are much better with friends.

Is Dawn of War 1 better than 2?

WHY is it that just about every Warhammer game is just one step beyond a reskin. Yet, generally end up being OK.

Yes, you fucking retard. Did you just show up to this hobby?

Space Marine is worth a playthrough. Probably a good idea to pick normal difficulty, enemies towards the end have too much HP.
Dawn of War 1 and expansions are classics. Has the most worthwhile mods.
Dawn of War 2 retribution has overpowered anime faggot eldar that are pretty fun to play, but it's not real RTS.

Multiplayer for all these games is dead or almost dead.
I haven't played battlefleet gothic.

Lets just say i already know that dawn of war a good starcraft clone, but i didn't tried dawn of war II because of repulsive nature of assfaggots style of low micromanagement of just few units without base building.

BLOOOOOOOOOD BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWL

In my opinion, yes, though they're two very different beasts. DoW1 is a more traditional RTS, whereas DoW2 is a smaller scale tactical game and has no base building.

For DoW1, the base game and Winter Assault are must plays. Dark Crusade isn't bad, but you can skip without missing much. It abandons the story driven singleplayer campaign in favor of a Risk map. Soulstorm is only worth playing for the memes.

Lots of personality and style points?

I'm about to play in a warhammer fantasy roleplay second edition game and I've been super fucking excited for it for a month or two and just today a friend of the GM invited the biggest THAT GUY to ever fucking THAT GUY in the history of THOSE GUYS and I'm fucking mad

I got you. Dawn of War 2 is hardly even a semblance of the structure of 1. The fucking thing shouldn't even have sullied the genre.

WFRP2E is amazing. Unless your GM is enforcing random starting careers, you better fucking start Rat Catcher.

warhammer is trash lol

I once had a roleplay of wh40k planned, but GM turned out to be a huge jew, called me racist for disapproving racemixing and i never tried to play tabletop games with people.

I'm playing as a runesmith apprentice because I am legitimately excited to craft cool shit for my party

The aforementioned THAT GUY said I should PK the Brettonian Knight in our party in the first session because he doesn't like the Knight's player IRL because of a political argument a year ago

You know what should be done, at least out banter them.

A dwarf is respectable as well. If THAT GUY starts being a cunt IC, play up the stubbornness and threaten a grudge. If he doesn't get the point, carry through on that grudge.

My GM is just way too nice of a guy, if anything he's a THIS GUY. the THAT GUY wanted to play as an (I am quoting this verbatim from a group chat) "I wanna be an elf prince from the land of Gagaga. My true name is secret. But you may call me the Pink Prince, a fancy lad banished from the fanciest kingdom in the world for the crime of being too fancy. No one is fancier than the King, and my young upstart ways threatened him. Yet seeing as I was his nephew he allowed to keep my head. Now I roam lands, far and strange to me. My life’s mission is learn the ancient secrets of glamour to return to my homeland with newfound fashion and style and usurp King Elt’s oppressive reign. Along the way I hope to get into many wAcky adventures or at the very least die a laughably terrible and ironic death 20 minuets into the journey 💀" The GM managed to just talk him down to playing a disgraced elvish noble that fancies the color pink

THE GRUDGE HAS ALREADY BEEN ADDED TO THE DAMMAZ KRON

Sounds like the idiot doesn't realize how much everyone hates elves in that setting (or anything about the setting for that matter). If your GM and other players are any good, constant ear-tax and no one standing up for him should hopefully drive him off.

nice digits
I'm going to beat the faggotry out of this faggot before he fags up make believe fun times any more than he already has

Last time i was reading on someone's fanciness it was a champion of slaanesh. Oh wait, isn't Slaanesh fancies pink too?

You just gave me a justifiable reason to PK the faggot if he tries pulling that shit in the game because my dorf does not stand for any sort of chaos bullshit

You have it within you. This is the dance.

Not really no. The base building is very basic and might as not be there. Managing individual units and their gear in DoW is much more fun, plus you get to set up fiering zones

No really. He hits all checks for Slaanesh:

Yeah I know that stuff its just that I was blinded by raeg and didn't think about it, the fag doesn't know jack shit about warhammer's lore or game mechanics which would make the killing even better

How can one "accidentally" roleplay Slaanesh?

I remember Final Liberation, RIP EPIC

I mean >>>Holla Forums has been doing it since day one accidental slannesh roleplay is as easy as being a fucking degenerate

DoW2 was an attempt to basically create the tabletop game in a videogame, the 40k tabletop players loved it, the RTS fans did not.

I dont like DoW2 either but i wont hate on it, they just should have named it something else and made a diff story.

All you really have to do is roll your own in the antithesis of THAT and see how long they can hang in.

That sure sounds like revisionism to me. That's not what at all I got from my time with 2. There are so many bullet points that I just do not want to run back over again. Because, why bully the dead.

Do they hate money?

i didnt like it either dont get me wrong, however i have like 5 40k/warhammer fantasy tabletop mates who all loved it and that was their reasoning why.

there's like a million different 40k vidya ideas out there that would be better than 99% of vidya in existence, devs dont want to make them, shit sucks.

just off the top of my head there.

That`s the real tragedy

Everyone wants a different thing thus most of you will never get anything.

>implying that every single person who kickstarted Eternal Crusade didnt want exactly what i just typed and was the main aim for the ((("Devs"))) at the time of funding, none of whom are still part of the company making it now.

I dont kickstart games anymore, learnt my lesson, except for Destructive Creations those pollacks are aite.

When the fuck is Bannerlord release? Warsword Conquest was the best Warhammer game I played, and nobody will actually make dedicated game for this concept.

Does Dawn of War: Winter Assault count?

40K is cool but nowadays I like WHFB battle.

Too bad they killed it, glad it lives on with Total War now.

FUCK YOU HERETIC

It's still one of the best 40K games ever made!

It hurts.

Metal Boxes

If you had any sense to see what was coming with that game it wouldn't.

Chaos gate is without a doubt one of the best WH40K-games.

Dawn of war 1 Soulstorm and Dark Crusade for more factions and (slightly) more refined gameplay, the other two if you want more plot.
Dawn of war 2, all three if you're rich, just chaos rising retribution if you're not.
Warhammer 40k Space Marine is a fucking great 3rd person shooter. Too bad we'll never get to see Titus become a gray knight

For Fantasy
If you're into Total war games then the TW: Warhammer games aren't… TOO terrible. The AI is kinda shitty and the units can act retarded.
Virmintide is basically a left 4 dead clone.

Those are the only Warhammer games I've played that I can remember off the top of my head. I know there are a few old ones on GOG but like I said, I haven't played those ones.

That's pretty apples and oranges there lad. They both play VERY differently.

I mean I didn't think it was that bad. I still prefer DoW 1, but 2 is an alright addition.

90% of it would just be people yelling "OI YA GIT!" before attacking their party members.

I wish someone had taken the Fallout 1 engine and made a Rogue Trade or Inquisition game from it.

An anomaly. Besides it's an indie game. I was more referring to AAA game devs. I see your point though, but I don't think an indie dev is going to be making any big budget 40k games anytime soon

I won't praise engines like Unity, but you will be able to make such game with modern tools much more easily.
Plus you are not getting this engine either way, so you can just accept you will have to do it with unity.

That's a shame, had he put not effort into being an annoying faggot and put it into the character he could have deliberately made a character who was maybe even unknowingly being corrupted by the chaotic powers.

I keep hoping and praying that making at least halfway decent videogames will get easy enough that a shit ton of indie devs can start pumping out quality content, because God knows the AAA devs aren't giving it to us.
Unity may not be perfect, but it's a step in the right direction.

Nigger you can do better than this.

It really, really wasn't. The closest you'll get to that are the Closer to Codex mods for Dark Crusade and Final Liberation.

So I recently got space hulk deathwing in the fall steam sale and I gotta say it's pretty fun so far.
I'm not sure how much I should be caring about hunting for all those relics in my first run though, seems kinda like a waste of time and healing charges to just wander around.

The heretic speaks truth for once

The Emperor blessed this post.

Before Total War, there were Shadow of the Horned Rat and Dark Omen.

Gotta play those two.

Is that some chin-man?

What the fuck is this even supposed to be? Is this some Age of Shitmar stuff?

No, that's Hotwheels, newfag.

Do you see round bases or faggot-ass ground marines? It's a custom made dwarven mining drill.

It may not be an official set, but do you really find it so unbelieveable that a race that has gyrocopters and airships wouldn't have something like that? A bit of creativity and effort kitbashing makes some of the best custom models.

He's too much of a big guy to be hotwheels.

Looks like a Slipknot member.

Use the right bits, get good with green stuff, and paint him well and he can look like anything you want him to.

I found it hard to believe cause I couldn't see a fucking point to it (at least not for the dorfs).
Is it a melee weapon? Then why is it not giving any protection to the miner operating it?
Is it supposed to fire or shoot something?
Is it siege equipment? Again why no protection from ranged?

Shit that will barely be mentioned is Space Hulk both the original and Deathwing and Battleflee Ghotic.

Nice

Why even bother playing with someone like that?

Those are not 40k. I can vouch for them being good Warhammer Fantasy games however. Try out Warsword Conquest, a mod for M&B Warband. I've heard mixed things about Total Warhammer but I haven't allowed myself the time to pirate it (and I sure as hell ain't giving money to SEGA especially if I'm doubtful about the game).

It… it's a mining drill, user. For mining. Can't you picture a combat scenario in which dwarves may want to use it? Collapse a cavern, perhaps? Seal/create a passage to impede flankers/flank the enemy? Immobilize a great beast and then bore into its incredibly thick carapace to finally kill it?

Hell, you could just have it there as scenery

Hmmmm I guess. I'm just easily triggered by weird or stupid looking units after the End-Times/Age of Shitmar related stuff.
GW killed Warhammer fantasy and pissed on its corpse. Then it tried to sell us fucking SPESS MARIHNES, dorfs flying in metal baloons and elves merged/mutated with trees.

Can't speak for 40K, but Vermintide is one of my most played games on the PC. Great representation of the world, archetacture, etc. High skill ceiling. Amazing voice acting as well.

I found that having to rely on mouthbreathing pubbies ruins my enjoyment of the game.

Ciaphas Cain game made by Platinum

I know people likes to shit on Eternal Crusade, and it deserves it, but I think they did something really fucking good: When the game was introduced and it wasn't free yet, only the Ork faction was free so there could be more Ork players since the ork faction depended on numbers rather than skills. It would be nice if the same idea would be applied if a game like it was made again.

Jesus. Kill him the moment you can.

So you get a two hour cutscene where he retells a story and then you get to play it for real and it's just him hiding somewhere and Jurgen occasionally shooting a guy?

Ciaphas always took the long term view of cowardice, if shit needed killing now so things don't get worse he dive into battle. An expert swordsman too, went one on one with an Ork Warboss as I recall.

muh nigga
I fucking love Vermintide and have enjoyed all the DLCs.
The character interactions are some of the best parts of the game next to the simple but satisfyingly brutal melee combat.

I also love that it feels like I am killing kikes by the hundreds

Shadow of the Horned Rat used to be the best WHFB PC game, until Call of Warhammer (Med 2 mod) and then Total Warhammer comes out.

Chaos Gate is 40k XCOM so it's tough to beat. Problem is it's notoriously difficult to run on modern hardware, unless something has changed recently which I don't know about.

Dawn of War 1 plays more like an actual RTS, Dawn of War 2 plays like some kind of action RPG MOBA in single player. I think it's kinda retarded. However, the Chaos Rising expansion is actually decent because the missions are structured like an RTS instead o a fucking hallway with dudes and a tedious boss. Don't touch DOW3, it's a shitty Starcraft clone.
I would say DoW1: Soulstorm is pretty good all around, it's like Dark Crusade plus Dark Eldar.

Love the mod, really well done, a lot of detail, but god damn it how i hate the shitty slow start as a peasant in warband when you have to play hours before any significant battles start.
I agree, but a good warhammer rpg needs some kind of tactical system for large battles, or else it will be stuff like Mordheim again. Maybe take inspiration from Tyranny and its "large battles are behind the scenes" concept.

A proper Warhammer RPG would be like Mount & Blade, with a warband that you manage over the course of the game and possibly land and holdings too.

Well of course you were talking about an M&B mod, how silly of me. I think it wouldn't deviate very much from the overall structure though. Maybe the battle system would be completely different.

That makes it look like he killed sanguinius with horus cropped out like that

Primaris game when?

People were morons with EC. They bought jpegs like scam citizens are still doing. Back in 2014 on cuckchan some were calling miguel a developer and some of the official forum mods were in the tg threads. Some people still ask for titans in that game that failed to deliver bikes.

Poles have tons of failed boardgames, wouldn't trust them after getting burned a few times.

Dawn of War 1 and 2 are both equally good in different ways.
DoW1 captures the scale of WH40k with huge battles. It plays like a more typical RTS and it's good for general 40k fanwankery. It's also got more and better mods, and the Dark Crusade/Soulstorm expansions have good campaigns.
DoW2 is overall better designed in terms of gameplay and requires significantly more skill to be good at. Battles are smaller in scale, but keeping your units alive is pretty important. People around here like to hate on it because 1. it's not DoW1 again and 2. they're bad, but it doesn't deserve the hate it gets.

The hard truth is that there likely won't be one, ever.
I doubt GW is too hot on selling the license to a dead game for any new major projects. You'll either get The Exciting Adventures of the Ground Marines or someone'll snatch up the WHFB license after GW's case of terminal retardation bankrupted them.

Have you payed attention to the last 4 years of warhammer fantasy games?
We have total wawa 1 and 2 and vermintide, the license its not at all dead in the vidya format.

Total Warhammer got its license before they killed off WHFB, same for Vermintide.
Granted, Vermintide 2 may be new, but we don't know the terms of their initial license. May as well have included sequels.

Not at all, those games happened after the end times popped up.

Total Warhammer got started in 2012, Vermintide in 13, End Times started in October 2014.
They released later, but they got the license way earlier.

Is DoW 2 the best game we're ever going to get?

Then what about total war warhammer 2, vermintide 2 and all the other fantasy games that have been showingup and entering development since then?

As I've said: Sequels were probably included in the initial license.
Blood Bowl and Mordheim definitely had licenses before End Times too.
Only questionable one would be Man'o'War.

Knowing how GW operates, they probably started handing out licenses BECAUSE WHFB was "done". These games won't cut into their bottom line when selling AoS miniatures anymore.

He also went up against a khorne beskerker alone. He was able to fight back long enough for Jurgen to bring up the meltagun. All in all, a couple platoons were wiped out and Cain got all the glory. Then his reputation made him the best choice for the next suicide mission.

the campaign was interesting but the multiplayer was hot garbage

You added a 2 by mistake, user.

GOG has a working version.
I played mine on a virtual machine of w98 before that.

And I wouldn't say that it's difficult more as it's a bit inaccessible.
There are a few FAQs out there that helps and the manual of course.
I remember the psyker powers being ridiculously powerful, like having an assault smurf jump across the whole map and bash a berserker to death in one turn.
Also fucking teleports.

The campaign was tower defense simulator except you're the attacking dudes and everyone you fight against in a mission are the defenders. Every mission is just a hallway with dudes waiting to attack you, in a fucking RTS game. I don't get why anyone likes DOW2 single player. Chaos Rising had decent missions but then they fucked it up again with Retribution and returned to the boring map style. It's hardly worth getting both the game and expansion for the CR missions.

AWLROIGHT BOYZ, DIS 'ERE'S A FREEBOOTIN' WAAAGH. WE'Z GUNNA TAKE DAT KAY-OSS GATE FING AND AIN'T NO 'UMIE COPY PROKEK–PROTOCT– FING WOT STOPS YER FROM FREEBOOTIN' IZ GUNNA STAND IN OUR WAY!

My one complain about chaos gate is scrolling, game itself is fun, but moving camera around map is pain in the ass, so laggy.

Dawn of War 1
Dawn of War Winter Assault
Dawn of War Dark Crusade
Dawn of War mods
Squad Command
Exterminatus (not many players around though)
Chaos Gate (it's a dick to get running on modern machines, you're best to play it on an XP VM)
Space Hulk: Vengeance of the Blood Angels
Alien Assault

Dawn of War Soulstorm
Dawn of War 2
Dawn of War 2: Chaos Rising
Dawn of War 2: Retribution
The Last Standalone (unlocks are cancer but it's fun with friends still)
Space Marine
Space Hulk (1993)
Final Liberation
Chapter Master/Interstellar Army Simulator (it'd be nice if it ever gets finished though)

Battlefleet Gothic: Armada (the unlock system kills this game)
Kill Team
Space Hulk (2013)
Rites of War

Firewarriror
Regicide
Space Hulk: Deathwing (unless it's been patched to actually fucking work)

Dawn of War III
Eisenhorn: Xenos
Warhammer 40,000: Eternal Crusade
Storm of Vengeance
Space Wolf
Carnage
Anything else ported from a mobile game

Mark of Chaos (though that's Warhammer Fantasy
Blood Bowl (2009)
Chaos League pretty much Blood Bowl 1 but GW were retarded)
Dark Omen

Blood Bowl 2 (consolised but apparently the recent re-release has improved it)
Shadow of the Horned Rat

Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning
Vermintide (fuck the unlock system)
Total Warhammer
Total Warhammer 2
Mordheim
Blood Bowl (1995)

Deathwing is fine, if mediocre.

Fire Warrior is the only fucking game that gets bolters right.

So maybe it should be bumped up to average?
The only modern/real time 40k game to get them right.

It's alright for one playthrough, you can decide yourself where it would put it then.
It does however have the best representation of Imperial Navy ship interiors I've ever seen.

if the system was gone, this game would be so much more fun. it's way too grindy to get a decent set of ships only to be crushed by someone using cheese tactics.

Oh and Mark of Chaos' expansion Battle March probably counts as 'still good'.

I've been holding off trying it again until I was sure it would be issue free, I guess I'll give it a shot in a week or two.

So there's an early access VR title coming out soon…
Everything about this feels like someone's college project - especially the trailer, but it otherwise feels like they just recycled whatever they used for their pitch. That and the pacing just feels too fast.
The title card bugs me the most, 'cause from what I've seen of the books, the logo's usually presented against a simple black background. That and the typeface kinda makes it feel like it's supposed to be presented in a simple, quiet, dark, somber manner. Not sure how else to explain it.

It's likely going under either "40k what the fuck were they thinking" or "40k shit". Gonna have to dust off the Rift if the thread's still around when it's out.

You can shut up now.

I guess there's a small chance it could be good.

I am absolutely sure it will be shit.

All games are shit until proven otherwise.

Feature list from the Steam page.

Nobody cares.

I see you didn't mentioned sanctus reach.
How was it? Sons of Cadia was released this november.

I'd put it in what the fuck they were thinking.
I played it and I liked it, but I liked it because of how bad and short it was, not to mention because I played co-op with a friend. The game looks ugly and sometimes is hard to tell your player from the background. I guess it's a really average twin stick game, though, but it isn't a worthwhile 40k game at all, it doesn't make sense either.
Still hurts. The transition to Interstellar Army Simulator fucked up the game badly.

This.

Haven't tried it yet.

Fair enough, it's not a genre I really like even when it's done well.

Speaking of 40k games, and I'm sorry to say this, what I've seen of Inquisitor: Martyr gameplay wasn't very convincing.

Does it have to have a battlefield function? It could easily just be a set piece. Hell, I played VC and before they killed the game, I was planning on making a terrain piece crater to represent the spot where my Mortis Engine inevitably blows up complete with scrap mortis engine bits and charred skeletal remains of the guy who was riding it.

How is Man'o'War? The concept is enough to get my interest, but I know very little about whether they executed it well or not.

And? it's fucking good faggot

FUCKING DUKE! MAY HE GET CANCER THE FAGGOT!

This I did not know, though you can hear definte similarities with Guild Wars: Guild Wars Prophecies' OST and he did that too.

definite*

Now this is the good kind of autism
Fukken saved

At least it seems to have prodded GW into reviving the tabletop game.

the music will haunt your dreams for years.
In a good way

Winter Assault had you throwing waves of guardsmen to their deaths, but I think that user was wanting something smaller scale. Brothers in Arms: Gaunt's Ghosts edition or something.

GoG version was still broke for me as of ~6 months ago.

They're gyrojet weapons not grenade launchers you buffoons. Fire Warrior makes bolters look like 40mm launchers. Fire Warrior is the result of someone reading "rocket propelled bullet" without knowing about the gyrojet pistol.

right after the 40k dating sim, user-kun.

I just played it, really fun turn based strategy. Its like if space hulk was in open field and with tons of units. Sadly no eldars or chaos, only orks, space marines and imperial guard. I hope they will bring at least chaos as dlc some day later. Also has skirmish with random map generation.

Also downloaded right now Space Hulk Ascension and didn't even know that game had "roguelike mode" with randomly generated maps. Now this is exactly what original space hulk needed.

Bolters are actually a hybrid gun, first the bolt is fired like a conventional round (or, yes, a 40mm grenade) and then a bit after it has left the barrel it functions like a Gyrojet. This is to prevent the issue the Gyrojet has of having so little initial muzzle velocity near that you can literally stick your finger over the muzzle to stop it firing. They've also got delayed impact fuses so they'll explode a little bit after hitting their target, this is part of the reason they're less effective against other marines (they fail to penetrate before exploding) but fucking deadly against unarmoured/lightly armoured troops.

I should note that Chaos Gate is one of the few games to get this right, you'll largely have to crack a CSM's armour open with something before starting with bolters if you want to down them quickly but cultists will explode without hassle.

battlefleet gothic armada has great voice acting and sexy space ships if you're into that kind of thing. The gameplay is kind of slow and takes some getting used to though.

>tfw love will never ever bloom on the battlefield

would you a ship?

I would dock a void ship and refuel it's plasma drives before engaging the warp engines without a Gellar field if you know what I mean.

Oh I know what you mean~.
…i can't think of a good euphemism for raising a ship family

you can construct a Battlefleet at my forge world anytime

Sanctus Reach barely mentioned. It's gotta be the best recent Warhammer game.

…perfect.
have a cyoa

These are sort of like 'what if The Culture but jap'.

Every dawn of war except for 3 which is dogshit

some of the expansions for DOW2 are kinda meh also , retribution was very meh but chaos rising is great (be forewarned that the campaign is more of a space marine RPG than an actual RTS)

space marine was also pretty fun but the multiplayer is dead at this point, i enjoyed the campaign though, its like gears of war but not gay as shit and no cover-based faggotry

Total Warhammer is also pretty good but thats not 40k, thats fantasy, and most of the DLC isnt really worth it (they add the DLC factions at NPC factions in the campaign anyways, unless you REALLY fucking want to play as minotaurs its really not worth the 20 bucks for a single faction)

i didnt like vermintide much tbh
havent tried mordheim yet

what are you talking about? the first Dawn of War Soulstorm had Dark Elves as a playable faction and Dawn of War 2 also had a playable Inquisitor.

I once had the misfortune of playing a tabletop rpg with a nigger
shows up with some random mexican slut that none of know, makes fun of us for playing nerd games even though hes the one that wanted to come and play, begs for food to feed his slut from the homeowner then fucks off for 2 hours and comes back and wants back in on the game

whole time mexican slut looks like shes bored out of her mind and wants to kill herself, and i couldnt really blame her

that….thing literally looks like a keeper of secrets
why would you ever let your children near such an abomination

The first playable Inquisitor was in DoW 1's SP actually, you get to control him briefly.

yea but soulstorm didnt have much of a story, it had even less story than dark crusade. at least in dark crusade the faction leaders would banter and shitpost during the fight……….the dark eldars campaign story, IIRC was
FUCK YOU VECT NOW I AM KING

thousand sons will never be in anything because theyre far too interesting as evil space marines go

and I mean an entire faction of inquisitors, not the cheese-fest that was soulstorms SOB's

Ah yes, forgot about that.
You have to use hotkeys for elevation and there are some keys for scrolling through enemies aswell, it helps a lot.
I think you could use the minimap aswell.

but that's not how Inquisitors work. They're individual agents that requisition local forces to serve whatever purpose they're trying to achieve. Inquisitors aren't military faction to begin with, they're more like space CIA

eh i guess youre right if they did make an inquisitor faction in an RTS it would be grey knights since the inquisitor codex dont exist anymore

that or sobs for muh feminism

if thats the case then why no inquisition RPG? would be alot more fun than a single unit in some RTS

dont forget that they canned spooky egyptians

Angry Marines are now canon.

Source is Cut Wargear

*Was Technically almost canon

if only

Well, you can have this.

Don't know if mods count but I'm sure Titanium Wars had something like that. Witch Hunters, it was an overhaul of the sister of battle, I believe. No embed since there's a file youtube.com/watch?v=J66Tit4PbAE

The only reason to have DoW2 installed is the fan-made Elite Mod. Makes multiplayer balanced and competitive and the community, while small, is pretty damned consistent and they love their game.

Who?

See what you've done there is throw a whole car battery into a lake.

its not my character, I used the Mod moddb.com/mods/wrath-of-the-blood-ravens

where it enables Cut Content Wargear. Your Force Commander name appears in wargear except Cut Content though it might original plan to make him into not a Silent Character but someone who will talk in the story

I was about to mention how low-key redpill this game is with some of the lines said, notably in "The Enemy Below" when you drop down the hole out of the sewers, Kruber rarely says something along the lines of "How can we have gone on for so long without noticing them below our noses?" I've only got him to say it once and I can't find a clip of it anywhere out there.

that's a good one, user. Saved.
Here's another one by (who I believe is) the same artist.

ah nevermind I guess its not the same artist. Still pretty good, though

user, Skaven are Jews because they cast their magic by rubbing their hands

no game where the player digs trenches and holds the line with his brothers in arms against overwhelming odds. killing zenos scum would just be icing on the cake at that point.

Youre forgetting the inquisitorial stormtroopers.
Also, feminist hate SoB because they are still femenine, have cute hair and big boobs, apart from the fact that they are literally space nuns.

Its reception in reviews on torrent trackers, on steam and in general is just awful. Someone might miss the good tbs on warhammer just because of reviews like this.

Is there no Age of Sigmar related vidya?

Nobody likes age of sigmar.
GW should just cut their losses, retcon the end times and bring back WHFB.

forgive me my emperor, but the xeno booty too fine. i'll take ork, tau, genestealer and vespid.

I can forgive Total Warhammer for it failures simply because it proves just how incompetent GW is; alllll that money they could have made from selling models after their franchise got a sudden jumpstart in popularity all squandered because they blew it all up

GW right now is busy listening to PETA and feminists.

Also
Why?

Not at all, just look at how they made fun of peta with the catachan face-eaters.
And their answer to feminists was a re-releasing necromunda with all of the roid-rage machos and the metal-bikiny wearing gangers.

What do you think about this wh40k 4x game?

Gee I dunno xD.

Did /tg/ ever finish that game they were programming about a high ranking officer managing his chapter?

Ship-combat is good, but boarding is a giant fucking mess with very slow swings and little skill needed.
They get the atmosphere of the world across fairly well though, so if you really like WHFB for the atmosphere, it could be worth it.

Chapter master got a cease and desist thingie.
Apparently its kinda like civ but the timescale is different to make sense.

Dow 1 and 2, including their respective add-ons.
Space marine (even thoughit ends on a cliffhanger).
Battlefleet gothic: Armada.

Im also glad that the posterchild of this game is the imperial guard and the necrons.

Dawn of war 3 is pretty good, you get both the scale of dawn of war 1 and the micro intensive battles of dawn of war 2. It has a pretty high skill floor though. The campaign does not have much replayability so you will get most of your playtime from MP, skirmish and mods.

If you are not confident in yourself, dawn of war 1 and 2 both are probably the best entry, since you can reinforce everywhere or have magic retreat button.

If youre going to shill, atleast post some macha porn.
Oh wait, there isnt any, because her new looks are awfull.

what are you supposed to do with these CYOA charts anyway, daydream?

I guess so

trash

Well shit, I'd expect Satan of all people to have an interest in creating a brain demon or at least using the abilities associated with them.
If you're not shitposting I'm pretty good at tulpashittery and I wouldn't mind teaching you if you have a place for me to contact you, user. I've had my brain parasite for like five years now and I'd love to be able to share this rad as hell shit with someone here.

lucid dreaming is the true patrician's fantasy world of choice. tulpestry is just legit mental illness

Ah, sorry user, I didn't know you had such strong feelings against it. Lucid dreaming is really cool but tulpamancy is kind of my deal. I hope you find really rad adventures in lucid dreaming; I have lucid dreams every now and then and they're always really exciting when I have them.

These particular Poles havent let me down, Hatred was fun and hard and IS defence was a hoot, whether this can translate to their current very ambitious RTS is up for debate, however they are beta testing with fans and working from there so im hopeful. Their ethics and approach are exactly what i demand from dev companies these days i have no complaints.

You are correct about EC though, i didnt get enough info because i wasnt on /tg/, i was on Holla Forums, never saw any breakdowns into the scam.

fug

I feel like a tulpa is in my future if my life gets particularly bad and I can't handle the loneliness.

(((GW))) detected.

Imagine what Disney did to the Star Wars EU but significantly worse, that's Age of Skubmar. To be honest there's signs of their going for a 'soft' End Times in 40k. First they've been power creeping both the fluff and the crunch by focussing on giving each faction a new (expensive) unit of a theme (e.g. every faction gets Knights or Knight-equivalents) and then introducing Primaris Marines and the like to dumb things down while still strictly speaking remaining compatible with existing stuff.

Age of Sigmar, at least last I checked, was actually a pretty good business move for GW. Their business model with 40k for a long time has relied on attracting younger teenagers with style over substance, having them pay massively over the odds for armies in the popular factions and then when they get to the age of ~18 and realise how dumb this is just repeating the process with a new batch of players also introducing new units with power creep and models constantly so the ones who quit can't just ebay their shit effectively. Space Marines have long been the faction of choice for these exploited teenagers.
WHFB was always a poor fit for this model (less accessible a setting, harder to play, less known from video games etc). End Times let them slim down the lore heavily, chop cost-inefficient factions (if few people played them the profit margin was lower for various reasons) introduce pseudo-Space Marines, dumb down the actual battles and quietly remove lore elements that weren't so child/SJW-friendly (Slaanesh went bye-bye, female Sigmarines are a thing). Also they changed a lot of the more generic faction names to unique shit they could copyright, they've been trying that with 40k too (e.g. the new Imperial Guard codex being called Astra Militarum) but haven't made much ground there.

In other words GW don't give two shits that Age of Sigmar upset neckbeards, WHFB neckbeards were not particularly profitable anyway.

Orks reproduce with spores, even if there were female Orks there's nothing to work with.

It's not finished and officially it's not a 40k game (you have to install a mod for that). Read this for the full story behind the C&D 1d4chan.org/wiki/Chapter_Master_(game)

yes and the emperor isn't a chick, and the majority of astarties junk don't even work, its a towergirl chart thing user, cannon can be ignored

That's never been confirmed as cannon actually.
My autism won't allow it.

well, too bad. does this agitate your autism

I feel like getting into figurines would be a lot of fun if they weren't so absurdly expensive.

if you have access to a 3d printer you can just make your own. i have five friends and we're considering all putting in a portion for a 3d printer and just printing our own armies, but if you don't have several guys willing to do that with you it probably wouldn't be very cost effective to go that route. all that said, you're right, the figurines are a lot of fun, especially if you're autistic about terrain, paint etc

GW don't into business and seem to think upping model prices will cover people dropping out. Then when more people quit because of increased costs they up the prices again…
Other companies are much cheaper.

3D printing is one option, there were also some anons who claimed you could just cast new figures out of your existing ones. Alternatively ebay.

SOLD

WAIT A FUCKING MINUTE

I've acquired a harem of the Greatest woman of all mankind, A Sister of Battle, and a pure trap God of sex.
Merry Christmas and Checkmate Holla Forums I've won.

yvraine is a pretty intimidating woman

Well, its arpg after all. And arpgs require lots of attention to be good.

Wait, space communism plus she's a weeb?
GIMME THE FIRE WARRIOR

Whoever designed her should be fired. Terrible.

What the fuck kind of heresy is this!

I fucking love that cyoa, the dlc less so.

What?

I don't know what to do here, but over on /cyoa/ we post our choices as a reply.

into ash wastes it goes

Everyone freaking out on their forums about the lack of patches/info. yep, early access, not even once.

SAD!

Good news is that the GM booted the guy yesterday for being a massive antagonist faggot when we all met up at the FLGS

Alright what game is this? This is just too funny to let go without knowing the source.

youtube.com/watch?v=jCMNWAJiz5Y

both are great
one is centered around building an army, common in an rts with base building etc

the other is more tactical a "RTT" if you wish. Were it's more about MANAGING your units to win (as they cost more and you get less ressources) however if you do that well they will get experience and level throughout the game.
(rpg element with the hero having different loadout that you can change on the fly to adapt to the situation compared to a straightforward improvement system when you reach an apex)

both game are dawn of war, one is just centered around moving giants army while the 2ns is about controling fewer unit (about 6 squads tops) and managing them during combat with a better cover system etc …

i suck at DoW2 multiplayer due to this but i prefers it's campaign BY FAR. and the last stand is really fun, even now you find a game in less than 10 sec it's quite surprising

meh, ok.

why would you miss the most beautifull farseer, hell, the most beautifull eldar?

eldar OP in DoW2 ? don't you mean 1 ? and wasn t there a meme about this issue ? "dawn of eldar" or something ?

Like The Culture but written by Japs instead of a Scotsman. What is confusing about this statement?

I just want to restore the Dwarven empire.

For starters, what's the Culture?

8th edition isnt really dumbed down, its trying to be like 5th edition but not quite getting there.

Ive never seen, read or heard anyone talking, mentioning or even asking anything about AoS, its like if it never existed, the only place i see people talking about it is in the warhammer community page and /tg/ when they shit on it.
Also, slaneesh isnt really gone, its imprisioned by an eldar mcguffin (with the cultists/follower trying to get it back) and sigmarines are just spirits of warriors given new life, so they can be females since daugthers of sigmar (or whoever the sororitas equivalent of fantasy was called) were a thing for a long time.

Sexeldar its nice though, i bet shes into handholding.

Wouldnt that be xenophilia though? the empress would get mad as shit and not reproduce with you, race traitor.

Only macha or taldeer allowed, fag.

ahah you mean Transexual Solas ?
jeez, get some standard. the only thing that made macha attractive was the fanart before we knew her face and the attractiveness/pleasure of deflowering a 4000+ years old virgin

DoW 3 isnt canon, mate.
Macha the evervirgin will forever remain as she was beofer DoW3 in our hearts, also a virgin.

at least farseer all have sexy voice

ill always find funny that they actually added the red stripes to her face in the game when that was a thing 4/tg/ made for her fanart back in the day.

Blood Bowl has been continueing on anyways

The least they can fucking do, eldar females are supposed to be hot yet entirely alien, giving you a weird boner.

Of course, they are a bunch of lazy fuck, i bet the artists just googled "farseer macha" instead of looking through the concept art of the original DoW.
I still cant get over how they screwed the game, they are such fucking fucks they are trying to deny vance's righteus victory (the only one that would let DoW 2 happen) and giving it to gorgutz with no explanation at all.

That's why you have to repent, always.

Looks like Slaanesh is coming back soon though

Corpsecucks, Chaosniggerd, and Edgedar faggots need to leave. Malal is best and only good Waifu.

Your god does not exist, shut up about it.

Macha takes it up the old voidhole.

That one is new to me.

kek
how come there isn t that much rape porn of her when she is being held ((('willingly'))) by nurgle?
oh wait… nurgle forget i asked…

All thoses mention of Dow III made me remmember how the guy who was G.Angelos in dow I and II became Uther of Warcraft series in DoW III

Noone still knows what the fuck it is, other that it surely brings bad news.
Some people believe the outsider is the one to blame for tyranids reaching the milky way.

Never mind, it's just another stupid C'tan.

should have build a wall

You'd be hard pressed to find a more decent fellow. Seriously, he's like the fucking santa clause of 40k.

Isha's tears are a common theme on eldar folklore, so you can presume she isnt exactly happy about being held by nurgle and used as a test subject for his plagues.
People prefer to pretend that nurgle is nice to her because papa nurgle loves everyone.

C'tans are neat though.

Dont worry, guilliman will make the imperium great again.

Abbadon built a Chaos wall across the whole galaxy.

It's not Nurgle's fault that the stuck up bitch doesn't appreciate his gifts. Honestly, he's too good for her. He gives her the best gifts he can think of constantly and she never once shows any appreciation. And despite how cold she is to him, he still keeps trying to make her happy.

A box of STDs, ebola and crotchrot does not make a nice gift, you heretical fuck.
Just wait for it, the tempestus scions of the 68th deltic lions will rescue her and receive headpats.

meh, Sly marbo can do it anytime

Papa Nurgle gives headpats whether you succeed or fail. As long as you try your best, that's all he cares about.

*Headpats may contain various plagues.

Lol no. Trips of the corpse Emperor.
Nothing can save her now, because she doesn't need to be saved.

They were born for it though, your lucky 7's agree.

Its so fucking hard to find high res warhammer 40k art that's fit for wallpaper, that isn't about being in a middle of a fucking battle or full of lensflares/smoke everywhere.
Also how the fuck cities of the imperium even look? I never seen any proper art of them. Just lots of cathedrals everywhere?

They can look like whatever you can think of, the imperium doesnt have a mainline culture.
You can have hiveworlds that look like something out of judge dredd, cities that look like something from actual earth, medieval towns, giant underground bunkers, shitcottage villages, grand palaces, summer resorts, whatever you can think off.

Capped, though it should be made into an infographic.

Maybe twenty years ago when marines weren't a meme or pop cultures were kosher but now-a-days an imperial world is an imperial world. So yeah, you'll get mostly the same angles, the same not-concrete prefab buildings and the same embellishments whether it's an asteroid, swamp or desert.

Or you can avoid advertising how you're a cancerous newfag too dumb and too lazy to go over maybe half a dozen games in the franchise and make up his own mind? Fucking bloodbowl and mark of chaos must plays, nigger please.

Maybe in the videogames and artwork, but in the books all imperial worlds are all kinds of different.
For example, right now im reading duty calls (a ciapahs cain novel) and the world is described as a bunch of small urban settlements of the size of contemporary cities on top of plateaus that can only comunicate with each other via air vehicles, so theres airports everywhere.

Unless it's a savage world I don't buy it.

By comunication i mean transportation and travel though, of course they have vox casters and radars, how else would the airports work?

So you are too retarded for communication then. Great.
You are digging an even deeper hole. There were airplanes before radios were wide spread, and most early airplanes of WWI planes didn't have them.

It's not and he's full of it. For fucks sake, I dare you to find me a CC book that doesn't build on the comfortably familiar imperial architecture or environment. For example the whole Tau influences on imp architecture meme that keeps repeating and repeating and bloody repeating? For a different example in just how many planets and occasions has Cain barricaded himself in say Arbitres chapterhouses or similar prefab buildings?

If you want unique try Krieg or Catachan or one of the old meme worlds. The rest is unfortunately uniformed and then some.

I just said the name of the book i too that from man, learn how to read.

English is not my native tongue.
And as backwards as the imperium is, they wont let the imperial guard, arbites and eccelsiarchy work with ww1 tech.

Yes, it seems literally everyone has their own take on it.

Ditto, motherfucker. If anything that book goes to show you that even in highly unusual environment they still conform to a specific style.

But all of those are rather similar except for the last smurf one

how could you not mention Magnus homeworld?

Not at all, in no place is the architecture described as gothic, its more akin to contemporary cities.
The only place that has some gothic architecture in that world is the ecclesiarchy fiefdom where the sisters of battle have their convent.

when are we gonna get a primaris marine game? cause we all know genetically modified super soldiers need their own super super soldiers

God, I love it when a parjeet decides to school me on CC.
more Emperor‐favoured worlds. Vast plateaux, too many to count, soar upwards from this arid foundation to heights sufficient to
take them into the cooler air where life itself is possible, and hundreds of the larger ones, which can stretch for tens of kilometres
across, boast cities, farms, and manufactoria equal to those of the fairer globes most of us are pleased to call home.

>Principia Mons was, in many ways, gratifyingly familiar, the surface of the plateau covered in the sprawling jumble of hab units,
manufactoria, temples and other such structures that 'can generally be seen on the approaches to any reasonably populous city
throughout the Imperium.'

There were a handful of parks scattered across the outer fringes of the city, and a further one almost in the centre, which seemed to
have a fortified enclave of some kind in the middle of it2, but for the most part the place seemed completely urbanised.
As we approached I could see that the top kilometre or so of the spire had been honeycombed with tunnels, leaving structures and
industrial units clinging to the side of the rock. The effect was not entirely unreminiscent of a hive, and I felt a faint warm glow of
nostalgia at the thought.3 It didn't last long, though, being swiftly replaced by the realisation that despite its elevated position the
planetary capital possessed an undercity to rival that of a more conventional community.

he have the same communicator as buzz lightyear on his right forearm

Thats the capital of the world, take for example the city where Cain fights 2 hive tyrants and tell me thats a hive world.
And im not a pajeet, nor am i even close to asia.

Could've fooled me. And no, you illiterate, pigheaded son of a bitch. The first passage admittedly horribly formatted as I fucked it up describes the entire planet or at least a vast majority of it. And that's not only your example but also something I found in less than five minutes after not touching that book in years.

And just to play the devil's advocate: if you're looking for "canon" book examples of weird or unconventional architecture you'd be better off calling on say eisenhorn seeing that author doesn't have a problem with pulling all kinds of shit he personally finds interesting. Underground cities that freeze 95% of their population for months on end for one example.

Sure, thats why i can comunicate in more than one lenguage.
Again, look up the city where Cain fought two hive tyrants after the servoskulls tried to kill him in his regiment's HQ.

faggot

don't talk bad about the super ultra tacticool spess marine

He missed lots of games to be honest. Stuff like Sanctus Reach and Deathwatch. Also Space Hulk Ascension (2014).

Not implying anything. I'm saying a gullible may believe that piece of shit list and make a thread. And only (You) can prevent shit threads.

Yeah. like what? English obviously ain't doing the trick. Nigger, you can't even a lictor from a tyrant.

Re-read the book you fuck, he fought 2 hive tyrants on that city, he fought the lictor when he went to check on the civilians after he got injured in that city (and also 3 psykers).

what the fuck were they thinking?

Which happened not all that long after the servo skull incident. Tyrants came much later. Or are you saying a couple of Tyrants and a ton of other lifeforms is more appropriate for assassinations than a lictor and a couple of magi? No wonder nids can't catch a break :^)

Why take a break when you got biomass to absorb?

Chuckled and saved

Yeah, he got attacked by the servoskulls, fleed to the mobilized units with jurgen and his salamander, ended up being grouped with lieutenant sulla, got airdropped in that city im talking about, when chasing after the sororitas to tell them to go back in line instead of charging alone like retards and then got trapped by a bunch of gaunts and 2 hive tyrants, then got a head injury, spent 3 days on leave in the valhalan HQ, when to check on some civilians and there he fought hte lictor.

The same HQ that's set up in a uniform imperial fashion from prefab construction and commandeered standardized civilian buildings? Or is that now irrelevant since you moved on to mangling the plot? Seriously, try me if you're more competent in a different language. I'm getting a headache from this shit. I mean, the output is generally alright but my god, it's like I'm talking to a brick wall.

The place where he fought the hive tyrants and the valhallan HQ where two different places, stop playing dumb.
The place where he fought the hive tyrants was a city surrounded by jungles, the valhalan HQ was the highest plateau and covered in snow.

Hey I'm not the one trying to change the topic when my shit gets pushed in by my own example. You a shifty bitch and I'm done with your shit until you either say my bad or provide arguments more interesting than nu-hu for your each planet has snowflake architecture claim.

Well, there is some information about that.

I havent, im still insisting in the same world.
And even in the valhalan HQ, the buildings were more akin to current day structures than a hive city.

Those are all hiveworlds or hive cities though, they arent the majority of the planets in the imperium but they are the most populated planets.

Heard of (((citation needed)))? :^) And you sure sound like a streetshitter to me.

Hives and orbital docs were originally STCs iirc.

You yourself have the book, take a look

I did and I'm not seeing what you're selling. As for me being an asshole - that's a fact. But I still went and provided you with a much more appropriate author and series for your point.

We are talking about the same book you jackass.
Go look at the part where he reaches the place where they are keeping the civilians, or the descriptions of the entire plateau where the regiment is located, or the descriptions of the city near the jungle where he fought the hive tyrants.

(((citation needed)))

Chapter 19 and chapter 22, first one is the town by the jungle and chapter 22 is the starport terminal where the civilians stayed during the battle.

''There.' I pointed to a wide-open plaza, fronting the aquila encrusted facade of what had evidently once been the main
Administratum building of this benighted town. It was bordered on the other three sides by a colonnaded walk, which in happier
times had evidently sheltered a scattering of brightly painted market stalls from the near constant drizzle.'

Gathering from the sporadic local vox traffic that the vast majority of civilian survivors had been herded into the local temple, presumably in the hope that the Emperor would look after them as everyone else was too busy

Spotting the plaza of the bureaucrats I directed the pilot to it as I've already related

22 doesn't go into any deep description other than what you'd expect from a proper imp style. Aquilas, bronze and the occasional embelish clashing with notconcrete

'The troopers lowered their weapons, and began conferring with several of their fellows who had emerged from the wide bronze doors behind them, which were decorated with aquilae intertwined with what I took for native avians and a crude-looking flying machine or two, and
through which a wide, marble-floored concourse was visible.'

So, that all you got? I'm seeing temples, plazas, aquilas and prefab concrete buildings.

Chapter twenty
That is not a hive city and most certanly not gothic, it sound more like a modern town, hell, they even had sub-urbs in the outskirts wich the 'nids nommed.
Besides, in "It was bordered on the other three sides by a colonnaded walk, which in happier
times had evidently sheltered a scattering of brightly painted market stalls" can give you a comparisson of how small the main administratum building is.
Im not going to check 22 and 23 right now, but a chimera could barely fit through the doors, and that was the terminal of a starport, not an irrelevant place for the area.
WHERE? none of the buildings have been described as prefab.

Dear streetshitter, it's hardly cherrypicking if I used the book and even the chapters you insisted on. And I don't know maybe whenever SM refers in any detail to the actual quartering of the regiment.

Seriously. Stop talking out of your ass. If you want examples try Eisenhorn or even Gaunt's Ghosts. Hell, maybe even the heresy series.

All of that is taken straight from the book, you cherrypicker.
Most of the descritpions of the city come from chapter 19, yet you only picked the part where it describes the landingzone, wich on itself shows the adminitratum building being failry small.
I gave those as examples of a book im currently reading that the cities in the imperium vary from planet to planet, they arent all high gothic cathedrals and hive worlds, but no, you have to shit all over everywhere in a fairly friendly and well behaved thread.

>>>/normalfag/

I used the paragraph from the introductory part but you're conveniently illiterate when it comes to making a point. Or presenting any fact. And again, you picked the book and the parts. But I suppose you didn't count on me being bored enough to actually dig out a pdf and go thru it.

Now, you newfag piece of shit: I don't know what shithole you're used to or where it's acceptable to throw entire chapters to try and confuse the talk instead of giving the actual text but you're a dodgy little shit and I've no problem as calling you out as such. And frankly I don't give two grots that your feelings got hurt.

what is he doing with a necron's book?

so is the "middle age of technology" over ? how are the primaris battle barge ? all silk and smooth ?

I pasted the texts straight from the book, you double nigger, i even gave you the chapters for you to read through.
Stop making an ass of yourself.

It's not just he lack of patches, just look at the way the game looks and animates. Trashy as hell.

There's always Total WaWa :^)

Tyranids got attracted by the Pharos and further lured in by the Astronomican.

Looking for a new strategy game. Warhammer Total War 2 any good?

Well fuck user, asking this question on Holla Forums is dangerous.
I think it's the best Warscape Engine since Shogun in terms of battle gameplay and fairly lore friendly if that's important to you.
I don't know if they still are but they used to fiddle a lot with the balance in multiplayer with positive results.
On the other hand there is the imminent DLC-shittery I suppose.

I've gotten a few hundred hours out of it.
Fuck dude, Look at some gameplay or something.