"Video games should [teach players] that their actions have consequences."

archive.fo/f30un

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.fo/qkZcP
archive.is/WoDUm
buffalo.edu/news/releases/2014/06/037.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

well, he is right, you know.

Could you make the archive over the article you are quoting, rather than the author page of this merry-multicolored-hair-faggit?

Is there a list of them anywhere?

WHEN WILL YOU FRICKS LEARN?

Why do these motherfuckers always go for the same look? There's not a single person on Earth who can make the turquoise side cut work. It's not unique, and just makes them look fat and/or unhinged.

It's amazing how many ways they can rephrase the "Video games cause violence and sexism" argument.

When they teach journos that they have to beat a game to properly review them.

I agree with this. For example, we could have a seemingly well-meaning (((faction))) that wants to overthrow authoritarian governments, and if you choose to aid them and succeed everything gets worse for everyone except that (((faction))), who profits from the fallout of everyone involved.

I fully agree. By giving players checkpoints (or even worse, no failstates) they fail to consider the repercussions of violence and taking damage. A "loss" in todays gaming climate equates into nothing more than a minor annoyance, a few seconds setback, if even that. By removing these handholding mechanics, players will be subtly encouraged to think about their every action, and play games more strategically, if only marginally, like they used to. This will lead to a better gaming climate all around, by forcibly removing normalfags, casual babbies, and shitty journalists who can't play Doom or dash jump.

He is 9999999999999999% right that games should teach players that their actions have consequences, but obviously not in the cucked manner he envisions.

I thought cuphead already did that. Your inaction to not get better results in them not seeing the rest of the game. :^)

Yeah, what we really need is a return to the good old arcade days where you had to pay for each life. The future of gaming is a return to artificially difficult meme games with cheap deaths and complete trial and error level design with 25¢ microtransactions for each life.

Oh, we've got a live one. Are you doing research on the mean ole nazis and their racist video games for your next article? Is that why you're here?

>user's post is a substitute, an analogy/metaphor for (((something else)))
:thinking:

git gud nigger

The Fun is Over: It's Time to Get Serious About Haircuts

Soyboys emulate what they see in their community: when soyboys don’t take haircuts seriously, they become joke subjects. We need style that encourages soy boys to think and reflect on adult image, but it can be hard when the environment fights change.

I totally agree with you my fellow anonymous deep dark web forum user.
Video Games should allow everyone to feel like he's good, even if it means downgrading a bit the gameplay and making skillplay obsolete thanks to hundreds of empowering gadgets that will be available to everyone in order to defeat way more skilled opponents without much thinking.

It is 2017 and it's about time we remove this toxic and obnoxious agenda where video games only reward skilled players. Video games need to be accessible to all types of people and have a wide audience. We need to reward failure and not success!

Follow me on Patreon and my reddit page

Literally fucking who?

Well, of course my actions should have consequences. I want my ingame character to do something when I input the proper command. I want the enemy to die after I do the required amount of damage to him. what a stupid fucking nothingburger article

If (((Forbes))) mentions him then he MUST be important!

So he wants every game to be The Walking Dead? Is every boss you killed going to remember what you did?

Kojima already did that in Metal Gear Solid 3.

Yep, just keep on distressing the children. Not like it's going to crack their backs and resound around the heavens. Just keep on keeping on.

This one time I played Doom before I went to school.

No body went home that day. They died, all of them. I got 100% kills, 100% items and 100% secrets.

I didn't know who this guy is, and had absolutely no reason to care about what he thinks until OP just brought up a blog from him just now.

You need to take a gamer or two out for a game of paintball and see if they don't understand the concepts of violence and damage. Also if you think that all checkpoints need to be removed, try playing any game with a 20-30 minute long level with a lives system and tell me you have any fun after losing all those lives and restarting that level. Certain games need checkpoints, it might be bad game design for some and fit right into the game for others.

An example of good checkpoints is Battleblock Theater (too bad the game gets old really quick).

They let retards in these days?
And where are the games? Why have I not heard of this company if its so profoundly good like this dick sucking article claims?

And now we've got a casual. We only need a normalfag to complete the set. Will some brave goon step up to the plate?

Don't video games already do that though?

Take it up a notch.

I still don't. Only read header and last post.

Just wanted to stop by and tell OP that he's #1 faggot in the world now. Congratulations.

most likely "retro" sidescrolling no-name games in 5 years. All went through greenlight I bet.

Way to not address anything I said, so instead check this list. I'm sure all of these are casual, right nigger?

I can play without check points, lives are just a chore on higher difficulty games. We aren't at an arcade, plinking away coins for lives so why keep such a shit mechanic? Not everything has to be "DEEP PLOTS, HOLY SHIT SOMEONE DIED AND SOMEONE REMEMBERED!!1"

Come on now, if its their kids, they should experience a live fire situation. Why a gun is a tool, just like any other equipment. Don't be afraid to raise a militia. Nothing worse than the standing government thinking they can be rid of that, specifically. What you do, is stand your ground, to begin with.

Fuck you.user made me spit.my drink

This guy is thinking the real thoughts.

He'd prefer it if you swallowed

Look at him, by "actions have consequences" he means "violence is bad, except when you can virtue signal at the same time"

I just don't take lightly to individuals thinking firearms are a hobby. Second to none other than what we observe as free will. Which one of you would exist without a sharp pop in the past.

Nah fuck off soyboy.

Would make lives meaningful for the first time in a while

Yeah, their dialogue is all fucked. What they mean to say is, not change, as they couch it. It's about turning back the clock. It's always right their within their language.

Has this faggot played anything harder than a walking simulator? That's a basic requirement to finish any game with a fail state.

video games should teach players that their actions have consequences in the context of the game

The big situation, is there no entertainment for little ones now. Unless you dust it off yourself. This gigantic void of really the whole 00's and onward. I miss when there was something to at least make the children afraid of strangers. It's been a united nations of grooming. You can ask who and why and how and where and what, but can they? Why are they in, why are they attempting to bury a child's sadness in psychology, instead of looking at the environment they are a product of.

Absolutely. Games should start doing choices right for fucking once. I mean Deus Ex has more choice than mos-
Oh so it's this faggotry again, huh?
Also, his game is about:

archive.fo/qkZcP
lol

They love nothing more than undermining proper behavior. The next step is forever.

Good rpgs have been doing that for aeons.

video games already teach you that, make bad choices and you fucking lose

He's right, just not in the way he thinks he is.

Not really, not in those terms. Not in a long while. At best they've become more of a gamgling addiction that really hitting that point.

I mean, you get yourself some grand waifu material but that's about it. Way as well be playing what Konami wants you in front of at this point. There is waifuism and then there is video games, and then, and then. You could sit there in that all day, which I assume most will. Still.

Every. fucking. time. Gas the normalfags.

Found a page on his website of them.
archive.is/WoDUm
I thought of myself as pretty well versed about indie games and yet I have NEVER heard of this guy or any of his games until this thread, which is impressive considering he started in 2012.

There's also a bunch of his "games" playable on Newgrounds, none of them are higher than 3 stars.
I just accidentally played his I'm a Little Teapot game and all I did in it was hold down the mouse button to fill up the screen with tea causing it to drown once it reached the tea pot with a face, all the while in the background a version of the song I'm a Little Teapot can be heard. It wasn't much of a game, it felt like something someone would make in WarioWare DIY for a joke.

And also this comment when he got to 80 games, which seems to explain why there isn't 100 games on that page.
Of the 80 games I’ve made and released, about 10 of them are hidden around the web as experiments, games I can’t attribute authorship to without spoiling the experience. 9 of them are non-digital games, and 3 of them are released class projects.

The fuck?

If it wasn't for video games, I'm pretty sure I would have shot someone. They are pretty good sources of venting anger.

Did I stutter?

Legitimately this. If anything, games are a good method for blowing off steam.

They already fucking do this.

I mean, that isn't wrong. The implication that all should be like this is, however.

Didn't want to kill a whole thread for this, so here.

They can have it.

Why though?

This. Only children and women give a shit about mobile gaming.

Well that was the entire point of video games. Play bad - fucking die. Apparently that's oppressive or something now though.

gas these faggots

The strand of green hair tells you everything you need to know.

>fratboy and aposematic hipster
Jesus who constructed this unholy creature?

Isn't that Spec Ops? Or MGS2 if you want the same feel of helping the baddie fight another baddie but in a better game.

>tfw closest to trauma was soldiers with PTSD in peace walker which get cured in 30~ seconds real time thanks to a harem of 50 S ranked female qt's

Manual saves with a slot limit are good.

(((Common core)))

>kill the enemy too many times
pic related

Marxism is basically a fear of failure so strong it was turned into an ideology. Marx was a fuckup his whole life. He fucked his job prospects, he fucked up his marriage and he fucked up his children so bad they all killed themselves. Is it any wonder an ideology meant to excuse all your failures in life would attract the bottom feeders of humanity?

No, he's wrong.

buffalo.edu/news/releases/2014/06/037.html

Video games are escapism and a way of safely acting out aggression you would otherwise simply bottle up and never want to act upon in real life. Video games are literally an outlet for bad behavior, similar to punching a pillow or a heavy bag to safely channel your rage.

This ideal that media somehow causes or promotes violence is complete bullshit.

These are the same people that go back and forth on their arguments, shifting the goalposts to suit their agenda so they're never wrong.

The accredited studies all show that video games in moderation are good for you. Problem-solving, hand-eye coordination, reflexes, moral compass, social skills in multiplayer games. The problem comes in when you have people with certain mental illnesses or issues; if you're screwed up in the head, video games are more likely to screw you up further.

Of course, that doesn't matter. People looking for shit to complain about will fabricate bullshit out of thin air. It's an obsession.

Five words in and I'm already done with this shit.

Bloodborne taught me that my actions have consequences. I was too slow to help Eileen kill Hendryk and she died because of me. Now she's dead forever and I'll never complete her quest. There's no going back from that but to start over. Now there's some consequences.

you have it backwards though, you should start as a (((government))) agent and stamp down rebellions and right wingers, only to see everything fall apart

Zowie! A person who gets paid to create propaganda wants more things to pay him to create propaganda? I'm shocked, really! Who could have foreseen this?

It's just a dog whistle. Most people complaining about gamers are either Christians who hate joy or feminists who hate joy and men. They like the excuse that it's harmful because it lets them condemn gaming and gamers.

Christians haven't been a thing in years. We're fully into Godless territory now.

This meme again. I swear I should have named the pic now I can't find it.

Whats the problem if violence and trauma are joke subjects?

Its not like anything has changed in the last thousand years, the naivety is irritating.

Video games can save the world! We can convince people to stop hurting each other if we just take video game seriously!

shitty game dev please put fork into toaster.

Oh yes, I completely agree. Violence and trauma shouldn't be joke subjects, they need to be fully represented as the horror it is. That's why I'm for better gore systems in videogames. I want enemies to call for medics and scream incoherently while the player blows their legs off, otherwise it's just making fun of people with PTSD. An enemy shouldn't just die when you shoot him a few times, he needs to be able to try to limp away and call for his friends (By their names, of course) who are paralyzed in abject horror because they want to help him, but they know even if they tried it won't make a difference, and their voices and AI should change accordingly. Children shouldn't be off limits too. As we know children are extremely important and protected in today's society, so I'd make sure to get the best voice actors possible and capture the best shrieks of terror and sadness possible. That's the only way we're going to teach society that violence is wrong.
Rape shouldn't be a joking matter too, I want to be able to stalk girls and identify places where only women live so later on I can go and do all sorts of sexually humiliating things to them all while the game is trying it's best to be immersive. I want strength and will checks to be able to fully make the victim submit and when I know she knows she isn't going to get away from me, a minigame where the player "pumps" her for a minute or two until climax, and then walks away while she lays there sobbing inconsolably. I will be able to rest easy knowing that the player can finally appreciate what rape looks and feels like, and that it shouldn't be joked about.

I completely agree. Whenever a player dies in a video game, they should be forced to start from the very beginning. It should be obvious, but people die when they're killed. Once my proposal passes, games journalism is we know it will be dead and reviews will be conducted by actual gamers, rather than ideological hacks who are too incompetent to find a job as freelance bloggers for BuzzFeed.

Correlation is not causation, you are right, but there IS correlation. I have an extremely difficult time believing that someone who doesn't make a lifestyle out of going onto multiplayer and griefing little kids isn't also a colossal fucking douche in real life, too. Video games don't cause people to be assholes, but it can enable and normalize this behavior.

You invoke a reductio ad absurdum, but people would still play games like that, and a significant number of them would fap themselves raw over those graphic rape scenes. You underestimate how enormously fucked up a lot of people are.

No they don't

No they shouldn't

I don't remember who, but it was either Shigeru Miyamoto or Hideo Kojima who once said that he wanted to make a game with actual permadeath: if you die, the game explodes or catches fire so that you can never play it again.

Daily reminder that the first people to bring up the "violent video game" argument in the 90's were (((Democrats))) in the Senate.

I'd love for a game to teach me that my actions have consequences but unfortunately devs are too lazy to make one

user. I'm the one who would fap himself raw over it.

Glad you're proud of yourself.

>>>/reddit/
Get the fuck out and never return.
>>>/tumblr/

You bet your ass they did. Both nanny-state liberals and hardcore Christians screeched about video games in the 90s; the only real difference was that the former group was secular in their hand-wringing while the latter brought Satan into the equation.

The latter was easily ignored and mocked, as your video proves. The former continued to thrive and is the scourge that we have today. I'd rather have the hardcore Christians if anything because not all of them are that bad and all of them can be easily ignored.

I beg to differ. The only difference is the left pretends to be the cool and hip kids who were fighting the evil Christian conservatives to protect our rights. In reality, they always were and still are trying to take away our video games.

Because the simpsons made fun of them?

I would play these games, just because they could be better than majority of games in this year and for some old good edge.
I rather couldn't fap to that kind of scene though.
Besides, these would get AO rating a.k.a. no console release for you, you sick fuck.

Making games isn't that easy, even with money on AAA tier.

I'll agree, correlation is not causation. That being said, and this goes into your other response, why should any industry cater to or base decisions off of a small minority of people who are horridly fucked up in some manner?

Why should an online game make decisions for in-game voice chat based on a small group of griefers and toxic assholes who make up at most 1% of the player base? Why should a multiplayer arena shooter make moderation decisions based on the small group of faggots that scream at women and children? Why should a development studio remove swastikas and well-known Nazi symbols from a game that is intended to not only directly reference, but historically represent World War II Germany because someone will 'feel terror' over the depiction of Nazis in a game where you're killing Nazis?

Why should a game intended to depict scenes of terror, anguish, and death in the worst possible ways avoid concepts like rape, torture, and the complete disregard of any measure of respect for a person's 'protected' status? Tackling real-world issues head-on can be a very powerful storytelling mechanic, since the real-world consequences of sexual harassment and rape can turn many peoples' stomachs. If someone decided, for example, to develop a psychological thriller set in the modern day, using any or all of these concepts to tell a story exploring the horrors of cognitive dissonance can could truly terrify a player.

The same argument applies to things like the rape scenes in Game of Thrones, where feminists absolutely lost their shit over a woman being held down and forced, despite the fact that you couldn't see anything and the entire scene was depicted with the intent of making the audience feel bad for the victim. Objectively speaking, it becomes effective storytelling that paints the concept of rape in a bad light while furthering the narrative that the woman being assaulted is a victim. It bothers me, but it doesn't surprise in the slightest, that feminists used this as a chance to virtue-signal about how rape should not be depicted in any form of media, despite the fact that 95% of them say media should tackle hard-to-discuss real-world concepts and events in a way that brings it to light.

It's hypocrisy. They want to have power over a medium because they think it might have an effect on people, and it doesn't matter if their arguments are valid or not because once they get control over the medium, then they will shape it in their image and nothing will stop them from achieving that goal. If they have to lie a few times, if a few innocent people get caught up in their way, then it doesn't matter because they are correct and anyone that disagrees or falls into the categories they deem inappropriate or 'evil' are wrong and should be shamed and shunned until they either capitulate or no longer matter.

Well, sure. Christians did complain about it, but the really hardcore virtue-signalers, no matter what they believe in, will always cry about how some depiction of something in the media is normalizing this horrible thing that goes against their values.

I had a Christian friend who had to secretly read Harry Potter because his mother was adamant that the story normalized the concept of witchcraft, which went against her beliefs. He read the books and enjoyed them, but he never got the idea in his head to pick up a wand and try to cast spells.

Every group does it. With a very few exceptions, it's not the belief itself, but the group of people who are loudest about that belief and demand that action be taken to protect the women, children, or some protected group who are potentially affected by that form of media.

Plus, the Christians were also egged on by liberals pushing them by saying that these games needed to be toned down, or it would make kids start believing in witchcraft and acting out violent tendencies. It's the same bullshit narrative we've had, and fought against, for decades, way beyond Jack Thompson.

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand SMB.exe. The gameplay is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of gender studies, most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer’s head. There’s also Jame’s nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into your avatar's characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from feminist literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they’re not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike SMB.exe truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the humour in Jame’s existential catchphrase “YOU'RE FUCKING A WHITE MALE!,” which itself is a cryptic reference to Solana’s political treatise the SCUM Manifesto. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as James Earl Cox III's genius wit unfolds itself on their image board. What fools.. how I pity them. 😂

And yes, by the way, i DO have a SMB.exe tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It’s for the ladies’ eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they’re within 5 published video game articles of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid 😎

Gaming was predominantly leftist in the past, which is where the focus on the rights sins comes from. We were young and it just so happens our often Christian-inspired authority figures didn't like us playing those violent video games. Video games were that spicy lure that introduced us to all kind of subversive leftist ideals hitherto unexplored.

Nobody cared about some random law that was never going to pass, it was the least of our problems. The left wasn't "pretending" to be cool, that's just what they were.

Hmm… Really makes you think.

Hi, STEM called, you're full of shit besides people with actual medical disorders.
Not your namby pamby social degrees and "Look at me I'm in the California Clique" Sheets.

If only he was talking about games where even if the player has a choice, his choice doesn't fucking matter, I would agree with him. But he's another Jack Thompson trying to force social change through Video Games.

I'm not angry anymore. I used it all up when you posted this a couple months ago.

Then why don't you fucking make a game that does that then? Why do these people think there is any value to talking about making a game instead of actually making it?

Complaining and fantasizing about things is much easier than actually getting shit done
How's your game coming?

The people playing and developing them were.
And they were leftist.

lol buddy games dont fucking make you git gud they make you git mediocre and press an active time event to save your ass if you're not mediocre enough yet

If you aren't angry, then why did you reply?

Prove it.
Prove it.

green
blue
red

Why is he so unnaturally skinny? No muscle

TO LET YOU KNOW YOUR EFFORTS TO TRIGGER ME ARE FUTILE SO FEEL FREE TO STOP AT ANY TIME YOU COCKSUCKING NIGGER

If/when these faggots get their way and turn all games into shit, we won't have an outlet for all our anger and then we will turn on them for taking away the one thing that made life kinda worth living.

But ultraviolence is funny

You must be 18 years or older to post here; your Christian mom telling you that you can't play Halo because it's Satanic or whatever is nothing like when (((liberals))) threaten to put your entire hobby under government oversight. Quite frankly, I'd prefer the former since it keeps dumbass kids from dumbing down the medium and the government away.

Here.

I hate that video games trivialize killing and getting killed. I want death to have impact, so you don't go willy nilly into gunfire, and your kills have real weight to them.

>nothing like when (((liberals))) threaten to put your entire hobby under government oversight
Because the former didn't want exactly that?

The faggots are going to try to police every developer again? Yeah that'll work.

every fucking video game teaches the player that their actions have consequences, ironically the ones that don't are the ones these prissy faggots prefer, like walking simulators where there is no fail state that can offend or trigger them

they cry 'oh we have to take these subjects seriously!' but when faced with the consequence of FAILURE they curl up in the fetal position and cry that life is too hard.

I wish he was playing the Joker.

Did i miss an exodus?

TO HIDE WITHIN THE GROUP
You are the good guys, they are the predators in sheep clothing. It's no random chance they keep picking actual sexual harasser amongst the sjw group.

Whats wrong with his statement? What better way to truly punish a player than making his loss result in real life consequences. Losing your life in dark souls will seem like charity when you have to pay 10 dollars every time you die.
Just get good at the game, games aren't about fun, their about status and elitism. What better way to show all your friends you are better than them then to show them you only lost 400 dollars beating crumple dump!

we all do user, we all do.
Or really anything where he's a villain. I fucking love that guy as a villain.

Watch boondock saints, he's good in that, besides being a faggot (but its 1999)

y tho? That sound like the most boring shooter on earth. I guess you could always play one of the sniper games.

That kind of game might work for swords and magic but not with guns.

I fucking hate your leftist guts with a passion. I hope you die in a gutter.

It already does.
If you suck, you lose.

The ultimate consequence. Winners win and losers lose.

As did every media outlet from the news to movies as well as all city dwellers. So yes, they were ignored, the same way you ignored the homeless man on the street or the peasants farming your food.

We already tried that: it was a quarter and the place was the arcades.

Oh, no, you misinterpret. I wasn't suggesting any sort of changes to how games are made. I couldn't care less. That was just idle commentary on how different types of gameplay attract different types of players, as a counter to the "violence in video games doesn't mean you'll be violent in real life" argument. As point of fact, people will push things as far as they can insofar as the law allows them to. If the world were free-reign anarchy, you bet your ass people who murder in video games would be out murdering in real life. But they can't do that; they'll go to jail. So all that is left is for them to be an asshole in the game and also in real life.

Also, feminists are cancer. They make things shit for both straight and gay men, so in my opinion they should be given the rope.

It's a mental illness prevalent among leftists. You must put yourself in their minds to understand what is going on here. These are the kind of people that believe in bullshit like trannies and otherkin, as in, merely thinking you're a man/woman/animal makes you one. They are the people that believe microaggressions (looking at someone funny is a hate crime). They believe in invisible racism that you can only detect if you are properly indoctrinated in detecting it. To a leftist all of reality is a malleable, hard defined rules do not exist, to them merely thinking something makes it really. Is it any wonder that such a demographic can come up with drivel like this?

Make a game where you play the role of a head of a country and you're never quite sure if your advisors are feeding you correct info.

So Red faction 2.

Literally
Fucking
Who
???

I was nearly hoping it was about going back to having games with choices and consequences of your actions in-game.
Moulynex-tier of dishonesty

These "people" are damaged.

They're basically just normies.

He should play Pokemon Go at night in the gang-controlled slums

Same tired argument as before, only now were supposed to take it seriously because LOOK AT HOW PROGRESSIVE HE IS. We should start neutering and banning books on this logic alone because they are graphic as hell and invoke DANGEROUS FEELINGS. What about Fifty Shades of G(r)ey? Cant put that on the chopping block, no sir, because MUH EMPOWERMENT. People CAN make a difference between whats fictional and whats not, with children needing this sort of parental guidance the most. Are you a child, Mr. James Coxsucker? If adults cannot make the distinction between whats real and whats not, they belong in a mental institution, and if they also cannot face up to the reality that not everything in life is sunshine and rainbows, then they need a good slap in their smug, punchable, aposomatism-riddled face.

I would ask for sauce, but the last few times I got it didn't turn out so well for me.

also, it's right there in the image, but ain't visiting that shit

Artist is Dmitrys. Check on your favourite booru site.

You stop that, I'm perfectly capable of finding out on my own, it's just that I'm afraid the artist might be a weird fucker like a majority of artists are.

You still have much to learn

pls no.

Your example is fucking rubbish. Games don't encourage griefing.

It's a silly example, but there is Bioware.
In fact, most of the DnD crowd was somewhat liberal for their time (the 90s), it's just that they weren't full on batshit insane faggots.

I burst out laughing, but I don't think Nival were liberals.
Of course, I imagine no one would have found the option strange back when the game was new, but I bet contemporary libshits would call it empowering and progressive.

1) You kill demons
2) You save Earth and are an hero

1) You kill $Opposing_Team_Member, 2) You get an award for that

isn't it like this already?

Well… If I want to play games with consequences, restricting me completely, instead of giving me a wide array of choices which ave several benefits and setbacks, it will get boring pretty quickly.
Also nobody will give a shit about the "consequences" in a game in the end. Because it is just a game. Payday's penalties for killing civilians doesn't stop me from doing so every single time.

Anyway, I think there should be games for letting of steam and games for a mind. Although playing permanently punishing games gets pretty tiresome.

It is with deep regret that I must inform you that unless you see both sets of genitals on the character, it is not futa.
The artist's characters are primarily shemales and twinks since they either appear as big titty muscle men with horse cocks or little bitch men with normal cocks, but never do either characters feature a vagina under the cock & balls. For all intents and purposes, it's just males with tits and makeup.

Its probably worth noting that if something is in a video game, be it a movie tie in or not, they are guranteed to kill more characters.

In the case of the indianna jones comparison there, you have something like Alien Isolation where one alien kills more then any single alien in the franchise has by double didgets.

hehe, she's only got 2 pokeballs user you should be able to beat her off. Easy money.

WHAT A SURPRISE

Thank you for clearing that up. I can live my life to the fullest now that I know this information.

I would postulate that those who like futa are, on a scale of 1 to kevin sorbo, less of a faggot than those who like shemales.
If we create a scale of gay to straight starting at bara and ending at ara, we can plot out what is between the two extremes:
bara - cuntboy - trap - shemale - futa - tomboy - ara
cuntboy being further up on the gay scale than trap because the overall appearance is more masculine than feminine despite having a vagina, where trap focuses more on a feminine appearance in spite of the dick, so futa must thereby be more straight by virtue of a focus on feminine appearance plus the vagina in spite of the addition of a dick and/or balls.

Or maybe americans should learn to distinguish fact from fiction and focus on real issues, like fighting the very real violent patriarchal rape cultures dominating the streets instead of fighting imaginary patriarchal rape culture controlling a computer screen.

If feminists and terrorists played video games, world violence and crime would drop 99% over night.

Hol' up, hasn't "your actions have consequences" been a sales pitch for most RPGs in the last few years, only to usually under-deliver on that promise since doing shit in a non-linear fashion requires more work and resources?

What is he even proposing to do? Do some undertale shit about keeping the consequences even on later playthroughs? So that the NPC you killed in playthrough 1 withh still be dead on playthrough 2? Does the faggot even realise how much extra work that would take for anything of larger scale? Does he realise you could still just reinstall the game fresh anyway?

Or does he actually just mean that every videogame should have an unkillable, preachy faggot telling you over and over that killing is bad and that you should respect women more?

A trap can be defined by the addition of feminine elements to a masculine form, and it is those feminine elements that are the primary draw, while futa is the addition of a masculine element to a feminine form. The whole appeal of futa is the inclusion of the masculine aspects, otherwise it would just be a simple woman. While a trap may be more masculine than feminine, the fact that the appeal comes from the feminine elements means it is less "gay" than futa.

you're both gay

It's funny, leftists whining about the need for consequences when they're all people who've never known a single consequence in their sheltered, pampered lives.

It's like they don't enjoy the idea of people being able to escape from reality for a bit and enjoy themselves. They want you to suck cold hard reality 24 hours a day, in a constant state of fear and depression.

Leftists don't want reality, user. Reality is a place they've never been.
They just want control.

The issue is that Christians screams about anything that was slightly offensive and shit that often wasn't. It's almost hard to acknowledge this shit seriously when you consider their short lived, extreme paranoia of bar codes.

screamed*

For fuck sake, Silent Hill had that in the late 90's. Without obvious fucking prombts of "Choose B for good ending". Faaan! Old RPG's different paths depending on your actions aswell, who the hell is this standalone fruit?

What about the thread title? He’s not wrong about that. Whether it’s through story or not, games should have some sort of consequence, or system to dish out consequences for your actions. In linear games, you have the narrative to show players consequences for many characters’ actions, in open world games you typically have a police-crime system, and in multiplayer games you have the vote/auto kick-ban system. They’re very small things, but they teach actions have consequence. I honestly don’t know where I’m going with this, but the title by itself isn’t wrong, in my opinion.

He should probably play good games if he wants actual depictions of action and consequence in story. Overrated pseudo-rolepalying game trash always has static worlds with few meaningful acts to perform or decide on.

Is there something you're angry about user?

I didn't know 70 year old women and hacj Evangelists browsed this board.

hack* fuck me.

Like not allowing you to skip parts that are too hard to teach kids to fucking get gud?

Choose one, asshole. The ironic part is that if his advice is taken to heart, it makes for a better game (real consequences), but he's expressing it for Marxist reasons. His idea of "consequences" might be very ham-handed however.

Players? Doesn't he mean kids?
When my dad saw me playing karate games, he said that in real life, kicking someone in the head can have very, very bad consequences and that I shouldn't kick anyone.

Nope. Public shaming of violent games isn't the same thing as (((democrats))) on fucking capitol hill demanding the government regulate the industry, Learn the difference between a moral outcry and government regulation.

Futa-fags are a bunch of hypocrites, the equivalent of the bisexuals: "I don't like benis, sure I gladly suck cocks and take it in the ass but I'm not gay, lol".

I don't… think that's how anyone rationalizes being bisexual.

Can confirm he's 100% correct. It started out with chopping off limbs in Jedi academe, then nading alien scum in half life, finally ending my life as a gamer by mass murdering folks in Hatred. I no long claim to be a gamer, but a lifer. I don't play games but play life. The NPC called FBI and CIA call me the second coming of Hitler. I am wanted in 64 states of Nu-North America(NNA), and 128 member countries of the European United Empire(EUE). /s

Sure, whatever you say.
(((Christians)))
How devout do you think Hillary Clinton or Arnold Schwarzenegger were? Or Jews like Joe Lieberman? Protip; the Satanic Panic was a big meme that really only affected Metal music and Dungeons and Dragons. The fact that you posted a pop culture reference to drive the point home means you fell for the leftist meme of “ebil white Christians trying to take your vidya” hook line and sinker.

Because an incredibly small minority of people does 100% of the crimes. Think about that :^).

Why these are practically the same thing!

I can only assume this is merely a thinly veiled shitpiece on GamerGate again? I fail to see how fucking video games are suppose to teach morality, then again I'm not sitting here lying for the sake of an agenda

Old games already taught people their actions have consequences. Run out of lives by playing like an idiot? Start the fuck over entirely, wasting all that previous gameplay. Make a shitty decision in a hundreds of hours long RPG and didn't save recently? You need to decide between losing hours of progress or continuing the game with your mistake. Keep dropping loads of money into an arcade machine and you die in the same spot repeatedly? Forced to use critical thinking to git gud, or stop playing because you don't have any more money.

Modern walking sims and autosave systems are the things teaching people the opposite, that any mistake can instantly be undone at zero cost, or that no mistakes can be committed in the first place. Kids today think they can pay their way out of any problem with microtransactions or revert to an autosave 90 seconds ago, and this attitude bleeds into their life. It's not the subject matter of the games teaching people these things, it's the lack of challenge.

Almost 200 replies and no one has read the article. How do I know?
The guy had his ASCII game banned on steam because it was marked as porn.
He's complaining that this happened because games are not taken seriously as an artform.

An actual quote:

I can't even be mad. I am almost impressed.
How do you even have a post like this:

And yet simultaneously no one knows what the article is even about?
Only on Holla Forums is such a thing possible.

It would be nice if this was a way to shit Bethesda game.

And why are you taking him seriously? He is yet a another "muh games are art" faggot. If anything his article only restates what we already know: that your average normalfag consumer is dumb as a sack of bricks and that steam is a censor-happy pile of shit that isn't even consistent with what it decides to censor.

SJWs and gamejournos do, which are basically the same thing minus the belief in a being greater than that of a rainbow haired bulldyke amputee negress.