I know it's (((Early Access))) but that doesn't mean it has no potential

I know it's (((Early Access))) but that doesn't mean it has no potential.

Or are the devs one of those quantity>quality types that won't fix camera issues until they've added in fifteen hat reskins?

Other urls found in this thread:

hooktube.com/watch?v=lsG-VUYUhQw
reddit.com/r/lowpoly/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

they're the devs of ARMA user

If you're going to shill some trashy early access multiplayer survival sandbox game, why don't you fucking tell us about it you dumb cunt?

No.

>I know it's (((Early Access)))
Then why bring it up here?
Potential doesn't mean jack shit if it isn't realized.

Game already has a microtransaction store, so yes.

Looks like some lazily made crap.

Didn't they get an entirely new team to start working on it semi-recently since the old one abandoned it?

Didn't Dean 'Rocket Cock Pocket' Hall totally buhl on them and just quit trying because fuck it he had his money?

>(((nu-polygon)))
Is this some kind of a ruse?

Yland? More like Ybother.

That's exactly what it means.

No one abandoned anything. They simply gave up on the premise of early access for DayZ, and turned into Bohemia's bitch team that is making them a new engine since the Arma team is too lazy to do it them selves.

I don't think I've ever seen an EA title that lives up to its potential. The good ones are close to the full release before being released as early access games, and the rest are doomed to be stuck in EA purgatory.

>dev correspondence on discord getting more sparse

you can maybe justify having the community fund your unfinished game in hopes of it turning out well, but there should be no way, that anyone falls for this. the retards giving them money for this kind of deserve it, i just wish it was burned instead of given to BI

Delver has potential too when it the TIG source Forums. It's still in eternal beta.

I played it. There's no reason to buy it right now. It's got potential, but it's still deeply, deeply unpolished. The mechanics just aren't there yet. So any hope of making fun mini-games or exploring other people's creations is out the window. If you're expecting a neat survival game where you can find all kinds of awesome randomly generated shit, like you find a cave and inside is a huge temple with traps and puzzles and stuff.. That's not there either. Probably never will be. The only random stuff you seem to find out in the world are silly hats and sometimes books that, for some reason, contain entire transcripts of stuff like Alice in Wonderland. If you want a game with tons of deep customization and great tools for customizing and tweaking everything to your autistically specific ideas, that's not here either.

The problem is that they showed this shit off at E3 and from what I can tell, they hurried to put in some stuff like cars and pirate ships so they could put that in the trailer, but the rest of the game is utterly hollow. You want a game where NPCs run around and you can do awesome naval battles with bots? Not this game yet. You want to tweak your jalopy racecar until it handles perfectly? You can't.

Good troll I give it a 2/5

You forgot Arma 3. 3FPS bug fixed never. And we've had that shitty godawful scroll menu since 2001.

My DICK has potential, but that doesn't mean I'm ever going to do anything with it.

Until they start shitting out weekly updates and the game starts taking shape more quickly, I think it's inaccurate to even say it has potential.

The art style of this game looks like shit, something that only a hipster would do.

Missing zombies.

GBA game
hooktube.com/watch?v=lsG-VUYUhQw

What the fuck are they doing with that?
Also ArmA still feels like it is in early access, they still haven't fixed the 3fps bug… since fucking over a fucking year.

I didn't mean the GBA game you just posted, it's the nu-polygon that looks like shit, which they "sell" it as ""low-polygon""

Good job faggot.

dammnit

delete this thread now

strike 1
strike 2
strrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrike 3 you're out
What are you still doing here?
I said get off the field!
S-stack back, you spawn of Moleneux!
BACK I SAY!

>I know it's (((Early Access))) but that doesn't mean it has no potential.
Thats exactly what it means

I guess that user in 2015 was right, low-poly will become the next pixelshit. Does anyone have the screencap? Is there are screencap?

Holy shit, that's like the perfect storm of an unfinished game, what the the fuck OP, is that you Dean Hall?

I know exactly what you're talking about, so I guess there is a screencap.

reddit.com/r/lowpoly/

I like dubs.

Why is this thread still up?

Just waiting for you to post so I knew it was alright to delete it.

shills begone

Skywanderers?

Its like pottery

Those low poly threads actually had textures though. You'd know this if you were actually there.

When people talked about low-poly they used examples that emulated low-poly consoles and looked good. It's evident now that indie shitters and shitty companies will never bother footing the effort.

The 2D/3D dichotomy is helpful for understanding this phenomenon. Anons dare to dream. We see perfection every time we close our eyes, and we know a beauty that's forever off-limits to those who only focus on what is. That's why it's so upsetting to see these wonderful things brought into existence - they always turn out flawed in some way. Those flaws are easy enough to ignore when you don't know any better, but when you're painfully aware of just how much more it could have been, looking at it is just disgusting.

Low-poly was good when no-one was doing it. Not because of some hipster superiority complex, but because if no-one's doing it, no-one's doing it wrong.

I could have sworn that user said it last year. Either way I don't like it.

Kill yourself.

Except we were talking about decent people making decent games while staying true to the original style and not this polygonal vomit.
I don't recall what the next game by Solath is called, but I do vividly remember it being brought up in those threads a few years back.

Your post deserves dubs.

I suspect if only low-poly looked like decent work at least with fucking textures and not just "i just paint-fill triangle/square/whateverfuckinggeometry with tasteless color".

forgot pics

I don't want to know how many polys are wasted in order to "texture" his clothing.