What is currently the most direct, efficient, nonrestrictive, unmediated video game community on the internet right now?

What is currently the most direct, efficient, nonrestrictive, unmediated video game community on the internet right now?

The modding community

As a person who is part of many modding communities, this is just not true.

Speedrunning community?

The gay community.

I mean the modders and not the hordes of idea guys around them.
Nothing is perfect, and when wanting efficiency without control, then you might as well go for the less worse example.

Romhacking for old jprgs and srpgs, and/or RPG Maker

top delusion m8

Le epic boomer mentality…. Hitler conquered Paris… meanwhile you have your petty Instagram memes

why are you STILL upset about this?

Unless you host your mods on your own site, things will end up being needlessly moderated. I ruffled feathers in the HiT modding community by renaming a class "loli"

And yes, the "idea guys" are fucking annoying. All they want to do is post "hey your mod is cool but could you also make it do this for me please thanks."

I want cuck/pol/ to leave

Fuckoff Sexkik

sorry user, ancaps tend to take their shit pretty seriously and there's too many of those faggots on this board

no the modding community is pretty fucking gay. anyone who's spent any time around them knows most of them are hyper sensitive liberal faggots. The quake guys are pretty cool but clearly have some pretty gay beliefs when you get to know them outside of just their maps, but some, like skacky, are pretty much imageboard users.

inb4 gamezard gets upset at this

I'm not sexkik, I am but a simple faggot that has made unappreciated mods for Starbound

since when? You seem to be the one who takes shit too seriously.

Nigger get a fucking grip

Nobody gives a fuck about your personal pet peves with the Nexus community or your 2012 laptop you autist.

Any community that has a time machine to go back.

8ch
With exception for efficient part.

OP never asked for them to not be hypocrites.

Well, you got me there.

You talking about cuckchan or reddit?

How many gacha threads we have up? And how many times have we also had threads rejoicing that lootboxes are getting shitcanned?

FOUND HIM AHAHAHAHA

Checked. This. I am not sure why you would wish for anything like that at this time and date.

As someone involved in a couple modding communities, this is completely true. It only gets worse the more niche you go as well.

Holla Forums is full of hypocritical faggots who allow their opinions to be formed by the meme culture they are a part of instead of checking shit for themselves. It's full of people who will cry about muh bad normies who follow groupthink, and yet they will do exactly the fucking same thing.

That said, Holla Forums is still the best video game related community to exist on the internet.

This is absolutely why you should stay away from forums and the like, unless it's just tutorial material. You end up with nothing but glorified headcases that usually have fuck all qualifiers to be respected. Enough of that in real life.

I think Monster Hunter World will be a fun game. :^)

that kaladien guy comes to mind in recent memory, even simple fix mods can attract the biggest faggots.

agreed, lots of forums breed faggotry. the older forum, the better it tends to be. I really like func_msgboard and the way threads are handled makes it feel more like a futaba text board

Are you saying that those two groups are one in the same?

That's a real neat observation. I bet you road in with them.

I know they are.

Yep, that's generally for the best. So many forums have turned into just another face of social media at this point. Good to hear something is still standing as it should.

I'm just as guilty of what I'm pointing out. I'm not saying that I'm better than anyone here, only that it's a flaw that anons often exhibit, like people in most communities generally.

So did ResetERA come in to project?

I should follow up, big forums like steam, nexus, and moddb are a given for faggotry. If you use a forum connected to or hosted by these guys, expect to deal with the gay community and just try to avoid it in general. This should be pretty obvious, but it's worth mentioning in contrast to good 'ol func.

I want to believe this, but if you want to mod, your best bet is to make friendly with other modders, they can assist you greatly with their autism powers.
It's basically how anyone other institution works, make friends with higher ups and nepotism will bring you what you need.

n-nani?!

Generally yes, this is true.
Generally
If you've ever tried FE modding you know what I'm talking about.

Well, for another thing you can tell how faggoty it's going to be just based on what version they're running. Sort of like you say, folks start making their own forks just to patch holes and excise what shouldn't been there to begin with.

I do mod, and moddb has become a real fucky situation. I just don't talk to goddamn anybody unless I have a problem. That's my hot fix.

Holla Forums. Yes really. The internet is in a very bad state right now.

I'm just going off personal experience. Depending on the game, the tutorials for modding can be either shit or outdated. Hence why it's good to go in with others.
What game do you mod where this isn't the case?

regrettably this is largely the case, but for more popular editors like hammer you can quite plainly look up "how to do X in hammer" and get lots of results. I think there was some guy a few years ago, top hat waffle I think did a lot of hammer tutorials that are useful.

I'm not answering that question, you should know better.

I do but now I'm extremely curious. What's the worst than can happen?

You ask another question, that you should know the answer to.

In all seriousness, I just don't want to be related to some /agdg/ sort of thing. I saw enough after chanology. Truly nothing personal, I'd just rather user stays with user. As it was always meant to be.

Understandable
To actually give an answer OP, Holla Forums is still your best bet. We give each other a lot of shit but this is honestly the best forum on the web.

:^)
I was actually curious about what you were working on, but I understand if you're afraid of the raid brigade.

ha ha nice 4 chan reference

Who?

Honk. It's not about fear, it's about keeping power level where it lives. I understand how some anons just don't care about the association. It's not even that, I need you all out of my life, in some part of my life. You make something too good, you end up a figurehead for wherever you're from. I don't need that. I don't know who does. Just seems like an invitation for more normalfaggotry.

The ones on IRC, same as always been.

Sexkik did nothing wrong, Satan.

From fucking off cuckchan?
Sure, 2009 was the point of no return.
Using Tumblr however is doing plenty wrong.

Oh, I see. This shape of faggot. Right now. Right here. You recall now. You know where they are from. Ponderous how it always happens around holidays. I wonder. A big, fat cloud of wonder. I wonder who else is in that cloud.

As far as I know, you're already there

Kill yourself, kike.

don't lie to me

Everywhere else is either dead or more cucked. It just goes to show that this shithole is the best the internet can muster now.

do newsgroups still exist?

The codex seems like its still doing well, but I don't go there frequently outside of reviews so I can't say so for sure.

Outside of that it would just be private discord/irc servers

Codex is full of goons and alt right fags. It is garbage.

What happened this time?

Probably various relevant NNTP groups, still, after ~30 years.

The Singleplayer community the games are shit though

The nigger community.

/hgg/

Fuck is that?