SRW X Pv1 released

HAHAHAHAHAH

WE GETTING ORIGINAL MAZINKAISER vs MAZINGER ZERO

Figures no one here plays a good series like SRW

but still no PC port

Sucks to be you. I own a vita. this brings my game count up to 3. I'd feel bad about owning one if I didn't buy it used

Also why the fuck did Nadia get in this?

Why the fuck not?
Its a ship, it fires lasers, it now carries mechs as well.
I just want to use a mouse to play these

Also, I wish Akira Kushida was my dad

it got in SRW Z, where the fuck have you been faggot. and don't give me that "oh I don't read moon" bullshit. Your favorite is there go fucking play it.

I'm surprised.
That's a great series list apart from code gayass and meme lagann.

Sorry, I meant

No

>>>/out/

Mazinkaiser coming back is cool, but

Feel free to fuckoff back to /a/

I still want a SRW fighting game made by Arc Sys

SUKAME PURAIDO

Why you don't go play spiritual successor of battlefront, prey and doom, if you're such a non-hipster. Same shit with TTGL.

TROMBE OVERRIDE

OH FUCK OH FUCK OH FUCK

Dude, it's 7 AM, I literally just woke up after staying up all night playing Jigoku-hen, actually, cut me some slack.

The other English video.

There are better tributes to old school mechs out there. TTGL would've been miles better if Simon didn't have dick envy that caused him to kill Kamina.

I just realized this. Shame.

I hope they bother to do a FDS this time around.
Also here's hoping Boss Borot gets its Borot Dynamic Special back instead of the Kurogane Five.

This is PV1. more to come no doubt

this is why TTGL fans are cancer. Most of them don't even watch the so called "source material" like Zambot 3, nor do they read the mangas like Getter's.

BELLRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
Fuck me I can see it now, Amuro calling Captain mask a char knock off.

That being said I noticed a lack of Nightengale/sazabi. Is Ikeda done?

Maybe for the next part of V assuming X is a separate timeline/universe

Yes

YES

NONONONONONO FUCK

Obligatory

That is a sick new animation

YESSSSSSSSSSS

Jesus fuck why you already have Ange to cover the "show about how shitty people are and how everyone should fucking die"

I'm glad we're acknowledging it again instead of using the Zeta movies

As long as it includes Emperor G

Obligatory

Overrated, but still a happy return

FUCK YES YES YES YES YES OH GOD MIGHT GUNNER ACTUALLY GETS TO ATTACK INSTEAD OF JUST BEING THE PERFECT CANNON

The one thing I was a little upset about was the thought that maybe F91 meant no Crossbone, so this works.

Would've preferred TV for better mech designs and the possibility of recruitable Treize, but hey, if it means a sexy new remix of Last Impression I'm on board.

Wait, didn't we al- oh it's the OVA

OH FUCK IT'S FINALLY HI-NU TIME AGAIN

YES YES YES PLEASE TELL ME WE GET THE ANIKI THEME AGAIN

Oh shit now I think about it everything so far HAS been in before, what are we getting no-

Eh, it was inevitable I guess, but I can't get excited.

Never actually heard of this? Doesn't look like anything special from the design.

….wait WHAT? This… is interesting.

Oh shit. Never seen this, but I've heard the name dropped by one of my students, supposed to be really good.

YES THANK GOD

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

SO SOON HOLY SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT

I mean, I'm glad it's in, but I'm kinda hoping that Masoukishin gets treated as "it's own series" at some point so it can join as not just "an Original."

The anime has glaring flaws but its still great even if overrated, Kamina died to make way to Simons independence and become a man instead of a Shinjii tier faggot, thats all there is to it.

What a goddamned cancerous faggot

So a distinct lack of Getter, as well as new Yuusha shows. Also very odd feeling to have Daitarn without Zambot. A little pissed that Geass got in twice, but not enough to kill my desire for this.

You'd be surprised. A lot of the TTGL faggots won't watch "old stuff".

Actually that being said I did like Imagawa's 2004 remake of Tetsujin and the Giant Robo OVA.

There's a SEA release with ok translation from what I saw of V, I bought the JP version.

CIAnigger confirmed for decent taste.

Also oh shit I just realized, we're finally free of both SEED AND 00, thank god.

The thread title said "PV1 released" and that's what it is

You wouldn't play games in any other language anyway.

How do you not own a Vita yet?

A ton, but still enjoyable if you've watched the shows. It's a cross over and the older titles are balls to the walls when it comes to weaving the stories

He still has Origin to do, so I doubt it.

checked

I just realized how much of a shill sounding comment that was about the Vita, so fair enough on that.

Also you completely missed that newer SRW titles have English translations, so you're a double gay

Why not just read them for yourself? Why on Earth would you want someone reading them to you and promising you that that's totally what they said? Though at least it leads to hilarious shit to make fun of when you don't have to put up with it yourself

Still not an excuse. Only two games are in good condition for EN translation.

I know that its entry tier, doesn't make the show bad though

Its getting an English Asian release

Two games in good condition is better than waiting for unofficial translations that are on permanent hiatus or will never get done. When's the last time anybody heard from Aeon Genesis and their Alpha project? Or cuck/m/'s SRW GC project?

wew I dodged a bullet because I bought the JP version.

Took it long enough to get an actual story :^)

Sorry I'm only semi-illiterate when it comes to moonrunes. Not only that but Audio is a thing

HI-NU AND CLASSIC MAZINKAISER ARE BACK, BABY!

Come on, Banpresto…give me Gray Stoke and the Gump as a secret character.

Wait…no SHIT, SHIT DESTINY or 00? ==YES!==

Oh wait, Endless Waltz, Code Geass and Cross Ange is there….fuck.

Heero's seiyuu is a fan of the series so expect extra dialogue

You fail at red text and taste.

Can't blame Midorikawa for that. That's the amusing part of Alpha

Sorry for not liking garbage, user.

With a really bad, stupid reason.
The creator went full retard and has pretty much disowned anything to do with that and his previous creation, MTV's Downtown.

EW's fine, but fuck the other two.

Code Geass is fucking awful with no redeeming qualities. The only potential good it had was the alternate history set up that begged for an LoGH-style political intrigue drama, and nothing ever happened with it.

Wait, what? I thought it was because CN wrote it off for taxes.

You know what should be in an SRW? LoGH.

If Yamato and Nadia can get in? Absolutely.

Have that game set during the OYW and have Zeon and the Galatic Empire join forces…you can fill in the ranks with other stellar empire baddies like Muge Zalbados though I doubt Reinhard would work with aliens…I can see Reinhard playing the Zabi family like a fiddle though.

Work in Yamato again and mix Gamilas into the mix. I like this.

You know what I find funny, the new world might be connected to both Byston Well and La Gias..hence why we got Cybuster AND Dunbine..or this could be the start to Masaki falling and being Asakim.

They abandoned all standards didn't they?

If they abandoned all standards they'd be Fire Emblem :^)

It was a Gundam show that aired on TV, and Banpresto is owned by Bandai, it was guaranteed to get in at least once sometime. The real thing that should make you think they abandoned any standards is Geass/Ange coming back AGAIN.

Standards were abandoned when they shoehorned Cosmic Era shit in a carefully crafted yet still UC-centric Alpha timeline.

And 00…and Wing….any other crappy Gundam series I'm missing? G's bloody amazing though. Shame no one ever made a follow up to G Gundam. Nooo..SHIT gets a sequel, a HD Remaster..and its sequel gets a HD Remaster. The two good things that came out of CE is Astray and Stargazer, one's a manga series, the other's too short.

We better be getting that ZUBABAN ZUBABAN

DO you hate Michiro?
Do you hate the man that has sung almost every theme song out there.

Either we get ZUBABAN ZUBABAN or we get DON'T WANNA KNOW WHY, EVERYBODY READY GET IT ON!

Just wanted to post the last time that song was actually heard, it ain't that deep.

It's OG Kaiser though, not OVA Kaiser.

Aww…not even Mazin Kenzan then?

(checked)
As long the Kaiser's not getting Kanjite Knight or Shugojin the Guardian. Just doesn't fit the Kaiser.

I'm so sick of Shugoshin, I custommed it out in V, replaced it with SRW F's covers of Mazinger Z and Ore wa Great Mazinger for ZERO and Emperor respectively.

Heck, if I get V, I'm going to give the Great the Alpha 1 version of Ore wa Great Mazinger.

Alpha 1's a great choice too, but I have a soft spot for that Sega sound

Or maybe as a gag…have Great Mazinger fight to this theme

I strongly considered it, especially when during the Great Might Gaine event Tetsuya even says "A Great Hero… guess there was no need for me to help out after all."

I want to see Xabungle again. with it's story intact.

I loved how they brought it in in Alpha Gaiden

At least it's not SEED. I'll be all for it if we get Treize though. And is EW actually good?

Did we really need these again?

I barely remember watching this, it was pretty bland. There were some decent mecha scenes and the main girl was cute, I guess.

But why

Rest of the list is good, or I haven't seen it. Having F91 in X after Crossbone being in V really makes me want them to put TV-series Nadesico in, though. Some Gai would be great after edgy Akito.

Again to be fair this is the first PV. We might get Getter.

EW itself is mediocre, but SRW has handled it very well in the past - W and Z3 come to mind. Sadly, it does almost certainly preclude Treize.

No one needs that shit.

While I agree, at least V handled it amazingly, with edgy Akito slowly de-edging thanks to living in a super hero anime due to Might Gaine being around.

When have we ever had a new series added after the initial PV?

Alpha too..hell, considering they managed to work in Wing into the UC timeline. Also, W spoiled me..now everytime I see Nadesico, I expect that Gai survived and we get to see Gai's Super Aestivalis.

I think technically they might need to have both TV and PoD in the same game to be able to do that due to the wacky way rights work. Like how we can't have Treize if there's only EW because he's only mentioned by name and never shown in EW.

I dunno how Japanese rights work…but I'm guessing its expensive to have a massive roster like in Alpha 3, huh?

Getting the rights to anything is usually a massive cluster fuck.

Look what happened to Giant Robo in 1st Alpha.

Considering Yokoyama's death made it worse…

I'm not exactly complaining since the Alpha games are enough and one of them is translated, but Anno done fucked up if he's drumming up support for 4.44, now that's he making it.

My impression is that it is. That said… looking closely at the song list at the end, Just Communication is listed, so who fucking knows really. On which note

The list includes Aniki's "Mazinkaiser" so get ready for some ZUBABAN

At least Giant Robo was in SRW64 as well.

Best part of that game is that epic battle between Alberto the Shockwave and Master Asia.

It's got loads of neat little things, it's just too bad its one of the more archaic games in the series.

SRW V was a letdown. They didn't even Include Yamato songs in sound edition. Didn't finish it to this day. I want this for Nadia. Adding it was genius move. I still know I'll be bored with many enemies on screen. They should give more characters skills that kill multi enemies.

Fucking ending was great, the final boss **is an AI that can't comprehend love and more or less has a mental breakdown over it. emo fag android regains control of his body and helps MC out.

Nice spoiler tags.

While it wasn't as crazy on MAP weapons as, say, Tengoku-hen, V had a fair number of them, and ExC abuse made it easy to wipe multiple foes out in a single turn.

I love the battle quotes for it too. Like Ryouma's "Man, even I know about love" that just drives Nebarina up the wall

Well, Ryoma loves two things…beating dinosaurs with his bare hands…and women.

I fucked it up badly.

ExC made the game feel too east to be honest. considering the crit boost stacked with hot blood and soul.

Maybe you would have preferred to have the game more west.

I honestly just want alpha gaiden 2.0

ExC did make it easy, but not as easy as Tag Tension made Z3. I'd say V's bigger thing was shit like Repairalyze/SPalyze

I wonder how this will sell, it's not like srw is known outside of Japan and niche mechafans but its probably going to do alright since its vita and ps4, and if Bandai Namco ain't retards they keep the price in the middle range.

wasn't there one srw that had evangelion in them?

They've been in several and it's honestly the only way I can deal with Eva, when Shinji actually mans the fuck up because there's more than his nigger tier dad around.

Alpha Gaiden was probably the last time we'll see SRW trying to be hard. You can always go on beating the classic timeline games for challenge. F Final can be absolute pain in the ass with Poseidal enemy units.

SRW is a chart topper, and this one's on the Vita, there's no reason to think it won't sell well

I love how in MX he sees Hokuto and Ginga and realizes he needs to stop being a bitch when elementary school kids are manlier than him.

Dude I've only played 4 games in the series so I'm not the best sauce of accurate information of SWR

I think most of the newer ones are on vita if not 3ds. I know these games sell reasonble in Japan but will it be a chart topper in the west? When was the last time the SRW was in the west?

Only recent one that wasn't was Moon Dwellers on PS3.

It's not coming out in the West. Why would it?

These two.

In Alpha, Shinji grew a pair because of the support that the Super Robot pilots gave him…also helps that Asuka got another target to bitch at…a target that fights back (aka Kouji)

Hell, the Classic timeline was tough because of the lack of things that became staple in other SRWs (can't counter in the classic games, if I recall) and in F Final, the Ideon is terrible.

I thought this one was coming to the west never mind, the one I bought this year was not X but Super Robot Taisen V

well, maybe Bandai Namco realizes that there is a niche audience out there?

V didn't get a Western release either.

Hopefully not, the last thing we need is the thought of trying to make the series appeal to foreigners.

No Counter, no comboing, only few units are viable and pretty much nothing scales properly. They're also rather tedious because of unskippable battle scenes. At least emulation allows fast forwarding.

Nah dude, just nah. They'd need to license each and every show separately from whoever owns the rights in each country they'd want the game released. They don't have such restrictions with South-East Asian Ocean English releases.

then what the fuck was OPs trailer for an Asian release? Also there is no way V would come so soon since it was released this year in Japan.

I think Bandai Namco owns the rights for most of the shows when it comes to game addaptation.
I'm not sure how it would work if they published it.

Like I said, it's for an Asian English release of X.

For Gundam, yes, but not for everything - part of the reason Yuusha shows are so rare is because they're owned by Tomy Takara.

OK, that makes sense so it's an import game for most people.

Not only Gundam but Godzilla, one piece and gintama as an example. You can almost call Bandai Namco for Activision of Asia or EA of Asia they are huge when it comes to release of random anime video game or gundam.

OK, why the hell were all my posts deleted?
I don't think I posted anything that broke any rules.
wtf mods

You baited with anti loli shit didn't you?

What happened to the artstyle? It looks more generic now. Why does this ALWAYS. FUCKING. HAPPEN?!

You must be mistaking me for someone else.
All I did was reply to anons wondering why this series wasn't more popular with Holla Forums.
All I said is that big reasons are that many of its releases are JP only and that recent games are PS4 and Vita exclusives, heavily narrowing potential playerbase.

They seem mimic the style of the base material. Maybe it's just that the new mech animes are getting more generic artstyles.

The machines look more like smaller versions than SD now too. Not that I'm complaining.

Must've been a mistake, my bad.

Thank god for that too. The last thing we need is this getting marketed to SJWs and Goons.

Wonder when are we getting Mazinger Z Infinity on an SRW game?

The movie comes out next month, it's going to be a few years at least I just hope the movie isn't shit, but I'm hesitant from what we've seen thus farStill probably going to go to the theaters for it though

Reviews from the Italian premiere of the film range from positive to mixed so here's hoping.

how poor

well in V they made PoD bareable and akito took back up cooking while staying with yurika. SRW works miracles

where do i start? i like AT:V

Geass and Ange were at least watchable trainwrecks. G reco was a snoozefest.

They always do work miracles. I mean, making me like Shinji is a damn miracle.

I know…they couldn't just put in Godannar or something if they want fanservice that much?

Alpha Gaiden

Speaking of which…are they ever getting that Alpha 1 translation done?

Strange then
Did you shit up any other thread?

it's been in limbo for years.

and the main guy is a virtue signaler now. Speaking of mecha

I took a trip back to cuckchan /m/ and dear sweet fucking god the board's quality has seriously deteriorated in a few ways. Seems in recent years the Holla Forumsedditors have started to post like their normal retarded selves on /m/

…You gotta be kiddin' me. Fucking politics, man…ruins everything

Code Geass was fucking great because of how fucking insane it was watching it weekly. You're just too much of a newfag to not remember the weekly threads on /a/ and /m/ back in 2007.

Also G got an HD remaster too, you dumbfuck, it's where the Domon pic in came from

S1 was ok. S2 is fucking shit

Again, S1 had this great premise where the gundams were considered flat out terrorists. S2 fell into traditional gundam shit because fans were unhappy.

Wait…we haven't seen the OG unit yet, haven't we? And no, Cybuster doesn't count. I mean the OG unit specifically for the game. Here's hoping Banpresto ain't giving us another Mist Rex.

Are they usually SR or RR?
Or is it a mixed bag?

That depends, honestly. Used to be they would do both SR and RR…even when the game only has one protag. Not as complex as Alpha (where with a bit of finaggling you can have Yuuki Jagger piloting the Grungust..I think) but used to options…now, they kinda hamstrung you with one but usually the one mech is good enough…unless it's SRW K and your protag is Mist Rex.

Sad, but Turn A's gotten a ton more love than normal recently anyway.

Haven't seen G Reco, but it must've been unforgivably awful if Geass and Ange were watchable in comparison.

SRW Shinji is the absolute best. They even manage to make the "Mustn't run away" line badass, when he calls out the Antispiral for being a coward with his whole "shut down the Spirals" tactic.

Probably less a matter of fanservice, and more a matter of wanting a setting where every character is a completely unsympathetic and unlikable piece of shit like Geass.

I remember Geass along with SEED proving to me how terrible /m/ was back in those days because you'd have constant threads about that crap and barely anything about Gaiking LoDM or Shin Jeeg in comparison.

It had the Russian guy who gets offed by his son for no reason and the used jihad salesman. Other than that, no redeeming qualities whatsoever. About the only enjoyment I've gotten out of 00 is replacing it's BGMs with Naze Nani Nadesico in V so that during their stupid "dramatic" events you get music that fits them so much better.

Considering even the Japanese fanbase hated Mist, I doubt we'll see a similar character. I think it was back when Hakai-hen was announced, there was this really high quality fake of Mist screaming about how the Earth must be destroyed, since the title "World Destruction Chapter" certainly made the though of him being the villain believable.

SRW made Shinji likeable when they had him deck Kira Yamato in Alpha 3.

Wait, barely any thread on Shin Jeeg and Legends of Daikuu Maryuu? Fucking shit taste for /m/. Heck, getting a new Gaiking series is a damn godsend what with the dispute between Toei and Go Nagai.

Fuck, I really need to learn Japanese.

Even in Alpha 1 he was pretty good due to having Kouji and Hyouma buddying up around him. Then in MX you have Yashima happen at the same time as Hokuto and Ginga from Dendoh having to pull themselves together after Altair kicks their ass, and him realizing he REALLY needs to man up if a couple of 4th graders are being more mature and manly than him unfortunately he reverts a bit in no small part due to Rah Xephon shit V's Shinji is fucking amazing too, managing to get it together enough to take on Mazinger ZERO to save Kouji.

There's a reason I gave up on /m/, despite Super Robots being the best thing in the universe.

SRW is great just as a "literally better in every way" Fire Emblem, but the writing is such a treat that I would say it merits learning Japanese just for it and then if you like other video games, you'll start to realize just how fucked English versions are and be glad SRW never allowed you to settle for that kind of filth

lotDM was neat. I did like how once they found a way out the main villain was like "whelp no need to invade the surface" yet his daughter was batshit insane and killed kids for not being cute enough.

I really loved how they played up Emperor Darius to be large and menacing and powerful… and really he wasn't a bad person, just wanted to explore any and all options to save his people. Proist really is what ruined everything.

I've been working on it. Only got about 1000 kanji so far though, so I've got a ways to go. How complex would you say SRW is?

SEED didn't even air during Code Geass's run, faggot.
There was plenty about both of them, and Jeeg was a 13 episode anime, what did you expect?
It wasn't. The first season was well done, well animated, had great world building and mystique regarding the goals of CB. It was only the 2nd season, which is practically all you just complained about, where they decided to copy Zeta, but it still had its moments.

wait a second

Also the classic: Everyone tells Kira he's a fucking asshole

That's about where I estimate myself at. You're probably fine, SRW's not too tough, especially if you are already familiar with the source materials. The worst you'll get is science/military/politics jargon drops, but for the most part you should be good, and if anything it might be a good way to pick up more vocabulary for you.

Right, it was prior, which goes to show how terrible /m/ was that they were STILL talking positively about Geass even at that point.

Not nearly as much as about Geass.

It was crappy. Animation doesn't really matter much when you have no good designs at all, the "world building" was just looking at a handful of villains being "lol so randum my mock battle aceness my I lurv you Gundam" and then that annoying teenage couple that served no real purpose to the story. The mystique might've worked if you cared enough about any of the characters or the world to want to know what's motivating them, but there's all of two potentially enjoyable characters in the show and neither works for them. It was a godawful trainwreck, and I never want to see it in SRW again.

Proist was actually both male and female, the "angry" personality was the male self, hence why it used "ore" as a pronoun.

If only that didn't require you to play the shit route. Still, even on the good route, characters constantly call Kira out on his shit, like Enil and Jamil and Harry.

What's wrong with Kira? I thought he was liked well enough, I mean he's iirc often quite high on the Newtype polls and shit.

Basically he's a faggot who preaches about non-violence and stopping war, while aiming at the cockpit of enemy MS.

Not to mention he's a mary sue. having survived being inside his MS when it's reactor exploded and all he got was some bruises. Unlike Amuro who grew as a pilot and character, Kira is only good because bullshit testtube baby super intelligence.

He's very well liked, because normalfags are cancer. Kira is basically a really stupid and unlikable attempt at ripping off Amuro with more plot armor than a Wing protagonist. The quality of the writing for him shines through in two moments in particular for me, both in "finale" duels. Gundam, as you likely know, is known for big philosophical debates mid-battle for the finale, like Amuro and Char talking about humanity's progress and potential or the like. Kira's against Raul in the first season of SEED went something like this:

Raul: Humans are bad! They kill, and lie, and war, and are racist, and all kinds of bad things!
Kira: No! You're wrong! Shut up!

Then in SEED 2 Electric Boogaloo, where Kira fights a particularly silly fellow named "Laser Barrel" who is a clone of Raul from the first season and due to good ol' fashioned brainwashing by Chairman Voiced-By-Ikeda believes himself to literally be the reincarnation of Raul. Here is their big fight dialogue:

Laser: It's me! I'm Raul Cruise!
Kira: No you're not!
Laser: Wait, I'm not!? AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

I really wish I was exaggerating.

Yeah…at least Newtypes had to earn their powers. Kira just got his from the start. And yeah, Kira would complain about folks aiming the cockpit…but then he can swing at the cockpit without impunity? Doesn't help that later in the series, he's just Aimbot McBeamspam.

The less said about SHIT Destiny..the better. Hell, don't get me started on why Cagalli went from being a firebrand to a whimpering crybaby…(it's because the writer doesn't like the voice actress, see)

This too, not to mention he somehow still magically canonically avoids hitting cockpits and killing people. This is especially egregious when you consider this came right after Turn A, which also had a relatively pacifistic protagonist, but who didn't hesitate to take up arms if it meant protecting people. This also provides a great example of SRW taking something already good and making it even better - in Z2, Loran has sealed away the Gekkouchou because it's way, WAY too destructive. In the second half, Saisei, there's an event where debris is falling and threatening to fucking wreck shit bad, and he finally bites the bullet and unseals the Gekkouchou to save the day. At this point a recording that Queen Diana left for him plays: "If you're seeing this, it means you've broken the seal on the Gekkouchou. I want you to know Loran… I'm proud of you. I know that to make this decision must've been at the end of great worry and personal pain, but you still had the resolve to do it because that power was needed."

Right, thanks. Carry on mates.

No problem, nothing wrong with questioning popular opinions about shows you haven't seen.

shit taste detected
Nothing like that ever happened in the show. Way to show off you've never even watched it.
Sure, they were a weak point of the story, I'll only give you that.
Boohoo, cry more.

tl;dr Kira was just poorly written AND THEN ON TOP OF IT favored by the production staff

Oh right…forgot about that bit where Nicol just wanted to commit suicide by Gundam. Hell, even with Astray explaining how Kira survived that explosion, it still freaking miraculous.

Fucking lol.

What 00 designs are so good then?

You're trying to tell me that Patrick and Graham weren't in 00? I'm not sure YOU watched it.

To be 100% fair, said girlfriend was the initiating party for that, because she wanted to emotionally manipulate Kira into being a killing machine. Kira's still fully at fault for going along with it though, so he's still a piece of shit.

One of the biggest problems with SEED's writing is the obsession with keeping Kira and Asuran's hands clean. I'm convinced the other writers wanted to have Asuran take responsibility by killing his father, hence why the terrorists in the beginning of Destiny talk as if Asuran himself directly "stopped" his dad, but Morosawa would have none of it. It's really a shame, because SEED could've been pretty good if Kira had stayed dead and Asuran had to live with the fact he killed his best friend and couldn't really say WHY and it would've been a great parallel to Fukuda's inability to explain why war is bad that he admitted to in that one interview

Or why the hell Asuran decided to go around with the worse Quattro impersonation I've seen since Harry Ord wearing normal glasses.

Flag, Overflag, Shell Flag, Tieren, Tieren Taozi, Gundam Virtue, Gundam Dynames, Enact Agrissa, the Gundam Thrones, the GN-X, the Seravee Gundam, the Cherudim Gundam, the GN-X III, the OO Raiser, the Masuaro and the Susanowo, the Reborns Gundam, the Gadessa, the OO Quant, the Raphael Gundam, the Harute Gundam.
Neither Patrick or Graham were villains, especially not Patrick.

Which one was the wimpy one…Patrick, was it? I know Graham's the one who went balls out insane and became an otaku.

No, patrick was the guy who jobbed yet survived every time he jobbed. even in the movie.

Spindly Limbs..and the Tierens are like LEGO Zakus…

There was nothing normal about Harry's glasses, but yeah, the whole Alex Dino thing was the most pointless thing, since absolutely no one was fooled by it, and he dropped it almost immediately anyway. It was literally only there because "we want to be Zeta."

Yeah, I have to say, those are all godawful designs, though to be fair you'll never have better Gundam grunt designs than OYW Zeon or the OZ suits from Wing. The GN-Xs in particular though are just so bland and pointless that I think you're just pulling shit out of a hat.

Antagonists then, the point still stands, they were terrible characters.

There's this one moment where Harry goes incognito….and all he did is wear normal glasses.

Man, I totally forgot that, I need to rewatch Turn A.

nah, fam

Man, shit taste in here tonight
The Zaku wasn't perfected until 0080 and 0083 redesigned them. The original Gouf looked like shit and it needed the 08th MS OVA redesign to even come close to fixing it. The Dom was okay but was only improved with the Tropen in 0083. The Gelgoog needed the Gelgoog Jaeger and Marine for it to look good. The Acguy is love. The Gogg was outclassed by the Hygogg. Nobody likes the Zock. And the Zeong never looked good.

Oh I'm sorry did I strike a nerve? none of those designs will ever be as iconic as the best Zeon MS to exist

That's not a redesign though. that's the Fz, the one you see in 8th MS team is the 07C Gouf Custom.

>>>/reddit/ is that way

Forgot to mention the "redesign" in 0083 isn't a redesign, again that's the MS-06F2. It's basically a F Type Zaku that's been up armored and improved since the Ftype was ancient compared to the likes of the Dom, Gouf and later suits. not to mention space use suits like the Rick Dom.

It's a fucking mega particle beam cannon battery on treads and aquatic.

Yeah, you've just got to be shitposting at this point.

Confirmed shit taste.

Which is a redesign.
I didn't say I liked IBO, though.

You can't say the GN-X is bland and pointless when the Taurus is effectively the same thing.

Honestly, I'm not even sure how to reply to you, I feel like the way your brain perceives reality is too fundamentally different from how mine does.

The Taurus had a pretty sensible design for being able to change into a Mobile Armor form. The only really bad OZ MP MS design was the Virgo, and it at least incorporated aspects of it's parent suits.

Oh…just the Taurus..I thought you liked the shittiest grunt mech ever known…the Leo.

It is that wimp…that wimp with the good waifu.

Is there a place to find translation patches?

I just want an Alpha 3 one that doesn't crash randomly.

A complete Alpha series patch (safe for Gaiden) never ever…

They look too frail, even for mechas that are supposed to transform
Fine, but a bit blocky
They look like Gundams in power armor
They would be good if they were simpler. The III fixes that, somewhat
Too fucking blocky
Not exactly bad, but it feels like a Wing redesign
Not bad either, but they look more like Super Robots
The cannon mode looks dumb
Too frail
I get it, it's supposed to transform, but it looks so fucking dumb

At least they got the stupid alias part of Zeta right

No need to bother user, the games are already in Japanese, just like almost every other video game worth playing.

Then they'd be the dullest and most uninspiring Supers imaginable.

I'm oddly interested. Do they fuck?

That'd be the day.

At least he got to see some bare titties.

Pretty much. The only mecha lead character I can think of who definitely scored on a regular basis was Kei from Orguss.

I'm pretty sure Goh was regularly banging this sweet piece of ass, considering he marries her in the first episode.

He seems the kind who wouldn't lay a hand on her until after they were married, and after that point shit gets too crazy with the increased pace of Gitaijuu attacks and then the whole deal with Mila and such That said, goddamn I would not hesitate to tap that, Anna was a god-tier woman, not just for her body, but for being a total badass who keeps in mind that they're all there to save the world and not just resolve their personal issues

Glad my favorite gundam series is getting the respect it deserves.
I still need to fucking play Z2 and you just gave me a good reason to start it sooner rather than later.

Considering the ending Kei got ass across the multiverse in the end.

I liked Orguss.

Keep in mind Turn A won't get as much focus since it's "post-story" with all of the plot having happened in Z1, not even appearing until about halfway through Hakai-hen (the first Z2 game) and then not getting powered up with the Gekkouchou until about halfway through the second game, Saisei-hen. That said, they're still great games on their own merits, and as a fellow Turn A fan that scene in particular makes me tear even just remembering it. I should get around to replaying it on PPSSPP and screencapping that whole sequence, it was so good.

Kei will never not be drowning in bitches. In Z3 Fudou even calls him something like "The Interdimensional Ladykiller"

Which SRW should i start with and are they non moon friendly?

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Start with Alpha Gaiden, it's 100% EN translated aside from some extras. Good level of challenge to it too.

The latest titles feel easier after playing @G to death.

Just go for SWR V, it already got a translation so you can follow the story.
If you want to play a one that is not translated I think you should look for the ones that have series you like, that is how I got into the games.
Check akurasu for the translation of skills, abilities, etc. Its really easy to learn what they do.

If you're just trying to play them, some basic pattern recognition should be enough to learn what "Attack" and "Move" and the like are. The only tricky part would be stages with odd conditions, especially for SR Points. That said, you should get on learning to read immediately, because as previously discussed in this thread the writing is god tier.

..He didn't know that Kouji and Sayaka was fucking like rabbits in one manga…

Wasn't her dad basically Kabuto Kouji?

Same voice actor

He looks like Kouji too.

It's been a while so I don't rightly recall, especially with how many disguises he went through, but it wouldn't surprise me. I just know for SURE that voice was Kouji's.

The only picture of him I can find on Google had him with the Kouji sideburn.

All of Matzingers are shit

user confirmed to be a faggot.

WHERE THE FUCK IS SHIN MAZINGER Z 2?????
WHERE IS IT
FCUK

I'm surprised Reddit has even heard of Mazinger

Even if Cross Ange was actually yuri, I wouldn't want it in a crossover series about the best of mecha fucking each other up. Wasn't it primarily just actual people fighting each other with guns and swords and shit with occasional mech battles and a handful of lesbians thrown in?

Also, Ange herself seems like a bitch, so good riddance.

Didn't even fucking Dragon Ball of all things says once during the final battle against Cell there's nothing wrong with fighting to bring peace? You realistically absolutely have to kill enemy soldiers and military leaders in order to weaken and force an out of control army and nation to surrender.

Kira still sounds like an uninteresting faggot as a character and protagonist and a Mary Sue, but by that logic, anyone who wants peace that fights a war is a hypocrite and you know that's bullshit.

No, he's the one complaining about other people killing other people..yet he's the guy who flies out in the Beamspam machine..yell out STOP FIGHTING!….and then ends about 100 lives in one beam spam.

I remember Android 16 telling Gohan that there are some people who words cannot reach, and eventually you're gonna have to fight them because they are aggro assholes. It was a great moment, because Cell immediately proved the point by crushing 16's head and that's what sent Gohan in to rage mode that unleashed SSJ2 where he magically changed size repeatedly while kicking the shit out of Cell.
And it's true. Some faggots will just keep attacking, never caring that they're hurting everyone in their path, and the only way to restore peace is to take the "sin", if you want to call physical violence that, upon yourself and kick the shit out of them and remove them.

Throwaway (1) opinion time: Gundam EW is fine, Geass is shit. Best part of Geass was the one reaction image I made and occasionally gets reposted of the glasses girl losing her mind.

I'd love to have a game or two have this happen for all of teen Gohan's cutscene attacks, being a different size from each camera angle or cutaway.

More or less, just like Geass.

Every single character was. The worldview of the writer seemed to be "humanity is shit, there's no such thing as a likable human being, so none of the characters will be" so, again, just like Geass.

Probably. As much as it gets a bad rap for being many people's My First Anime, the thing to remember is that Toriyama's not a bad writer or stupid by any means. Fukuda, on the other hand, was interviewed once and asked "If you had to explain to a child why war is bad, how would you do so?" and could only come up with "It just is, OK?"

Hypocrisy is what Jesus does best.

That's the part that's even stupider writing, word of god there is that he supposedly doesn't kill anyone in those beam spams, they all magically missed cockpits and reactors and everyone comes out alive.

That is absolutely correct. There is nothing at all wrong with this statement though admittedly I may be having an overly positive view of EW, if SRW's treatment of it has clouded my memory of it too much

Even though a) We don't see the pilots ejected..and b) the MS that got hit by the Beam Spam…EXPLODES.

If they ever made an OG game..I wish they keep this song

Or this for Mazinkaiser

That was an amazing track, especially considering the moment it plays. Sadly no one uploaded one of the other great Original pieces from V, 暗雲, or "Anun" which plays during a lot of the "uh oh bad shit going down" moments in the game. It's a great track, and doesn't overstay it's welcome despite playing a LOT in the game, and I'm hopeful it comes back in X.

OK..if we are getting a Getter Robo for X..may I suggest Getter Robo Go or Neo Getter Robo? Been itching to hear Storm one more time

Or hell, better yet an SRW rendition of Rising

IT'S RIGHT THERE YOU

DOUBLE
NIGGER

Hell, the only thing we should be yelling for is "WHERE THE FUCK IS SHIN GREAT-HEN, JAPAN?" Stop giving us shit and give us Shin Great-hen.

What's that?

Alpha Gaiden is a damn ball buster of a game.

I cut my teeth on @G.

Guess what, play Alpha Gaiden and you may see stuff you want to watch.

I think I got stuck at the Macross city stage…

It doesn't matter how strong they are if they can't hit you.

wait the fight against the Neo Granzon?
That shit is tough. You have to remember in SRW you have units that can repair and replenish.

Repair units have a wrench on their status screen. EN replen units have a icon that looks like three bullets with the letters EN under them. EN replen replenishes all EN and ammo at the cost of 10 will of the person being replenished so not useful early on. Replen can only be used if the Replen suit hasn't moved

Repair suits can move and repair suits. Repair has no downsides.

Use White horse jr and Mari's Blugar as their pilots get good senshins late game.

If you think Macross city is hard wait till the later stages.

Again you need to use some thought

Thanks…guess i better start over. Lost most of my stuff when upgrading my laptop and my old stuff got hit by Floxif.

Speaking of which, does anyone know what PS1 emulator for the PC that has a fast forward button? It's not ePSXe, I'm sure of that.

you can turn off attack animations you know.

Also have fun with bosses that have HP(L) and EN(L)

On the bright side…it's not Don Zauser.

TTL is overrated shit.
Everything it did was done better in other anime

You're trying too hard (24), blind fanboy.

I watched that shit when it first aired. Was fun when I was a kid, but let's not pretend it's some grand achievement. Face it, it's overrated AF.

Who cares? It's still [spoilers]well made and fun.[/spoilers]

It's kind of a shame how they didn't go for more fantasy mechas and less real robots if they're using a fantasy setting this time around.

fucking hell

Yeah…Escaflowne would've fit right in with Dunbine. Good luck getting L-Gaim or Five Star Stories though…rumor has it the guy didn't want to see his mechs getting trashed by other Supers.

Not really..considering the last episode basically pissed on its own premise..

I wonder how long it will take Holla Forums to hate this series once Reddit finds it.

The last episode followed through on its premise until the last possible second. The duck are you on about?

Yeah, what was that talk about doing the impossible and shit…and what? Could've saved Nia..and then the fucking time skip finale. Yeah, all that talk about kicking logic to the curb and shit…and they just gave up the very moment Nia dies. And then Simon admitting he was useless? Fuck that shit.

The Antispirals were utterly destroyed down to their last memory. Nia too. Simon never gave up shit nigger. He absolutely built the future Kamina imagined in the first episode.

They clearly have, see:

Fucking Reddit..why must they ruin everything? They're like the least painful version of Tumblr.

I learned to love Banjou, especially in @G where Daitarn was a brick house more or less.

The last game I think I saw L-Gaim in was SRW OE on PSP

Shit, sorry..meant just Five Star Stories. Apparently way back in SRW 4, the guys thought the units from 5FS are from L-Gaim so they included it in as a cameo..the guy who created 5FS got angry (rumor has it that he doesn't like the idea that the unit he designed getting their asses kicked by mecha created by other designers)…though it turns out he was pissed that Banpresto used his design without paying the licensing fee (though it was mistake)

Nagano is behind FSS.

He also made mecha designs for Zeta Gundam. Most notably the Hambrabi and Quebeley.

L-Gaim is a good show. Another "must watch"

He was pissed off because of just FSS. He's cool with everything else being in SRW except FSS. Heck, thanks to that gaffe, he's holding on to the FSS license from ever getting into an SRW.

>no Grendizer Giga

I dunno…Go Nagai has rumored to said that having Mazinkaizer and Grendizer at the same time is impossible. (Something about not wanting to prove which one is superior) Don't know if it's true or not…but an FDS with the Shin Getter, Mazinkaiser and Grendizer will never be.

You know what could've been a cool? With SRWs going with AU routes for stories (see Z and V), why not have a game where you can have TWO Duke Fleeds? One's the familiar Duke Fleed, the other from this.

Yeah he's on record saying that.

So yeah, an FDS with the entire Dynamic mechs is going to be impossible..and I'm talking Shin Getter, Mazinkaiser, Grendizer, Kotetsu Jeeg, Gaiking (yes, Go Nagai is the creator of Gaiking..blame Toei)

I was under the impression that what we got was the full works list for X. Aside from the new OG unit, how many more animes and such can we expect?

What about Gundam Thunderbolt?

Gotta be difficult, considering that Thunderbolt took place during the One Year War and sometime after (probably during War in the Pocket but before Stardust Memories).

That's a good point, not to mention it's in an odd almost AU position given the technology it has compared to the UC. If it does get anything, it'd likely be a "units only" sort of deal since there's not a lot of plot to work with and the anime is still ongoing.

It's funny now that I remember I have read something about Ken Ishikawa and Go Nagai deciding not to put Getter against Mazinger and then (probably because Ishikawa died) we have scenarios in SRW V where there's a damn madness of Black Getter vs Great Mazinger, Shin getter vs Great Mazinger, Mazinger Z vs Black Getter
I lurked a little bit, and found the rumors you wrote about on lots of sources, and then found these:
And SRW X-Ω features Mazinkaiser, Grendizer and the Shin Getter.
I don't know what the hell the SRW producers and Go want to prove to us or what they are thinking, but if we are getting a ripoff/spiritual successor to a ripoff, then we'd better have a Shin Final Dynamic Special (preferably with a Kotetsushin Jeeg absolutely non-canon, but that's what SRW is about).

Want to know why Go Nagai's been ditching Grendizer? Blame Toei (it seems like a running theme with Go Nagai and Toei…). It seems that Go Nagai and Toei had some disputes and he did say that Grendizer was a fun side project but he doesn't consider it to be part of the timeline (which is a damn shame…I kinda like Grendizer. I mean hell, Kouji managed to design a working space craft)

And Shin-Chan. And Heybot. And three different im@s mechs. And Godzilla, Shinji piloting Mechagodzilla, Sakura Wars, DaiZyuJin AKA the Megazord, Little Witch Academia, Sega Hard Girls, Robot Girls Z…
When's Happy Robo?

They can't ruin SRW because they will never be the target audience. The worst they can do is be faggots you ignore.

And even THERE Cutey Honey can't get in.

Don't talk to me about X-Omega…fucking IDOLMASTER got in, fucking Robot Girls got in (fuck that series by the way…could've gotten Shin Great-hen but noooooo, let's have series where little girls parade in the corpse of Super Robots..you know, because I like to be reminded how SRs are a dead genre and Moe-shit's been killing it), Little Witch Academia got in..Daizyujin's cool (hoping for Jetman honestly but agai, Daizyujin is cool)

How about we sour grapes this and say X-Omega sucks? Same thing Mega Man fans did with X-Over.

We should…

Has nothing to do with sour grapes, X-Omega is just complete shit, like you would expect of cell phone shit.

a place that quickly turned into a shithole with the overabundance of tripfags namefags and larpers, not helped by fucktards that pushed for things like strike witches and infinite stratos there

I wanted to like this game but the fact that my mecha are just floating heads on the map kills me more than I thought it would. Is it really so hard to make a full sprite instead of being so lazy you only make the fucking face? What's worse is I know I would love the game but little shit like that rumples my autism too much. Is it like that in every game? I only tried the PSP one.

There were 4 PSP ones. Of them, you want MX Portable if that fucks with you, since that one goes isometric rather than overhead. V also does isometric instead of overhead, and X most likely will run on V's engine.

God damn that looks fucking great. Too bad I don't speak moon and that one seems to have a couple translation attempts that got dropped, maybe one day. Thanks anyway though user, you're a champ.

Learning to speak Moon is going to be a necessity at some point, for SRW and just for vidya in general, so the sooner you get on that the better off you'll be. That said, V has an Asia English version that, while a fucking joke in terms of being actually accurate, is apparently functional enough, and X will have one as well.

Yeah..too bad the fan translations are taking forever.

Just more reason to take things into your own hands.

Also, for anyone who hasn't noticed, X is up for preorder on Amazon now.

cuck Holla Forums has infected it. I peaked back there because a massive source of cancer in Gundam Online is the cuck /m/ threads due to redditors and streamfags are pretty much the people who play it now and I'm all that's left of the old guard.

I found a thread on Xenoblade 2 and it was filled with people bitching about how it was "sexist"

Yes. Some games like @G have little overworld sprites but it's easier and less memory intensive to just use the heads. V had the full overworld sprites though so there's that

Don't they have anything better than to whine about some non-existent sexist thing?

your mom a shit

I know this will be never ever but..Geppy X in SRW? Heck, make it even better, Geppy X, Gekiganger 3 and more meta? Have it also be with classic Getter. Or heck..have Getter Robo Zan?

I still want an SRW with TV Nadesico and Getter: Sekai Saigo no Hi, so that you can save Gai and Tsukumo, and they can team up with Akito to salvage a Getter Dragon out of the Shin Dragon mess and customize it into a Gekigangar 3.

Or what if…Gekiganger 3 is really just an adaptation of the original Getter Robo story? Like someone took all the exploits of the Getter Team and made an anime about it.

Could work. Also I want an SRW with GGG, TV Getter or Shin vs. Neo, and Gun x Sword - Gol and the Dinosaurs facing off against not just the Getter but their old nemesis El Dora V, and then shrinking in terror as "The Harbinger of the Apocalypse" Chouryuujin appears.

And it turns out that Leo Shishioh was a huge fan of El Dora V hence why GaoGaiGar's initial design looked like El Dora V…this is getting fun.

What actually is killing SRs (or at least damaged it to the point of near death) was a trend of making shit more grimdark and """realistic""" because muh Eva. As much as everyone wants to blame "moeshit" it has nothing to do with what happened to Super Robots. RGZ was a weird fucking thing, because it relied too much in references to the actual works and had more of a comedy focus instead of fanservice/ecchi yet the whole concept seemed to be a blatant cash-in, complete with browser game.
Imagawa's cursed, pretty much everything he directs gets no closure.

I knew it…I knew that NGE is the death of SR…and people thought I was crazy.

SRW is the ADHD of the mecha genre. It needs to fuck right off.

..So, you wasted your time to complain about it on this thread. Who's the one with the ADHD again?

What did he mean by this?

Oh hey..I noticed…no Macross Frontier too!

Will Tomino ever revisit his non-Gundam titles? Did Xabungle Graffiti even get subbed? Will we ever get Jiron piloting the Boss Borot?

Again, not exactly blaming NGE. But everyone else wanted to be the next NGE at the time. By mid/late 2000s practically every other SR show not based in a Go Nagai property was made as either parody or homage to the genre instead of just having their own things going for it. And thanks to Meguca it'll start spreading to magical girls too.

I thought that's just a compilation movie?

Pretty much. Basically the only difference is that Arthur Rank somehow survives and then fucks off with Elchi at the end to fix her eyes with Innocent technology

SRW Z had fun with that, making you think they followed the TV version for the longest time, only for Jiron and friends to go "Huh? We never said he died, what are you talking about?"

This. Lecce>>>>>>Amu.

Just stumbled onto the trailer. Nadia is in and I'm happy for that.

I still want them to suffer by trying to bring in Build Fighters.

Build Fighters wouldn't even be that hard to do. Either do a world where Gundam is just an anime and BF is the only "Gundam" series per se, or do one where Sei and friends fall into the One Year War, and ruin all the dramatic moments like the Bright Slap by Sei shouting out everyone's lines before they can say them. Also use his knowledge of the show to save Ryu and the like.

Or have Try set AFTER G Gundam…it's the only way to explain why Domon is Sekai's master

Time travel, have Sekai get to see what his shishou was like in his youth

Welp..thread's hitting 300…