Valkyria Chronicles 4

Some new information has come out on the game's Jap site.

First off, the new class, grenadier.

It also looks like we'll have the VC1 class division, so no techs, fencers or gunners.

continued

Other urls found in this thread:

matome-watcher.com/rpg/valkyria4yoyakukaishi
archive.is/km27j
archive.is/hadSX
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Scouts may or may not have been nerfed, pic related.
It's also good to know that lancers and snipers are as accurate as ever.

Now some tidbits about the most important girl.
Very loose translation.

tl;dr
She is Snow Selvaria who just wants someone to hold her hand and be warm together.

Finally, some landscape pictures.

Can they do it anons?
Can they make a good game? Is it going to happen?

Will she live happily ever after?

Those comfy VC1-tier graphics are giving me hope. I really hope a PC version will be available, the VC1 port was pretty stellar.

Those hits to kill are pretty normal for a low-level scout, aren't they? I tried VC2 and my beginning scouts seemed to be 3-4 shots to kill with a headshot. Also, couldn't they alter the movement range of the other units to nerf the scout while deincentivizing rushing when it comes to the mission rank?

Please stop, I can just imagine the pain when we can't protect her smile again

Scouts in VC1 had a pretty high headshots-to-kill count, especially on later elite enemies. Granted, that was completely circumvented once you started getting higher tier trophy imperial weapons with insane damage.

After looking at the screenshots a bit more, it looks like the anti-armour stat was removed from scout rifles.
Note the "X" in the scout's shot and the triangle in grenadier's.
I can't say more than that, but I think shocks got an AP boost.

There's also an entire new gameplay element called Bureibu (brave?), I'll translate it later.

It'll be different this time.
I promise you.

It's not the damage, it's the accuracy ring, that he's probably referring to. Previous scouts, even early on, tend to be marksmen-tier. Early lancers and snipers, well, that's pretty par for course.

So you can no longer spray a heavy tank's radiator with a ZM Kar 8 and get a kill, huh. Well, that's good, makes AT more important again.

Awesome new cake that we'll never ever have.

Let's be honest, Alicia (the game Alicia, not the animu one) was prime-tier waifu.

I see, I should have looked closer at the screenshot.

Translation

You can't do it with shocks any more either.
So far only lancers and grenadiers seem to have anti-armour, and with the latter it's only partial damage.

Nothing new here just for visual reference. Very excited. Thanks for the thread, OP.

There's no point denying that Holla Forums was right again.

I've been checking the JP page every few days waiting for something new to come out and they still bloody haven't shown us any gameplay at all.
At least I got some more info on the snow Selvaria.
Also, a picture of what the "brave" choice looks like and a shameless repost of my OC.

We gotta keep hoping, user.

I try to frequent the twitter and aside from a couple giveaways and slightly lewd pictures I've only seen famitsu mentions with barely anything and a super low res page scan. There's pic related but it seems you've already covered the content of it anyway but why not post it I guess

Honestly, just post whatever is new.
Lewds included.

The most important question is whether the ranking system is STILL gonna be purely based on the number of turns taken. That is what made scouts broken, not their general all-around utility. Honestly, how hard is it to make a system that gives you rank based on damage dealt/received in addition to turns takenP

When did this all started?

Devs hate busty babes so they made a copy of Selvaria just to kill her off out of spite.

Which VC was that? VC2 had Shonen Commander…never played VC1 or 3.

….What fiends! Everyone knows busty is the best. inb4 flatfags comes in.

whoops

This seems interesting. I wonder how meaningful/effective it will end up being. Thank you for the translation.

I agree, I hope the rank system gets reworked with at least some depth beyond GOTTA GO FAST.

4th pic is perfect

I-is that official art?

You fucking bastards. I bet they're gonna recycle maps from VC2 again too.

да

Shit forgot to take off spoilers sorry for getting your hopes up

To be fair, scouts were OP to begin with, but the main cause for frustration was the low turn limit which made them mandatory for offence.
This time the ranking might be a bit more lenient and with the scout nerf we'll likely have longer battles.
Pic related.

Someone post that "a true breast lover" picture.

Pretty good.
I've yet to read the bio about the two girls in the second pic, but they make a nice pair.

They made sense for the tiny maps on the PSP. VC4 will have the largest battlefields in the series.
If you really care about them, wait for mods.

matome-watcher.com/rpg/valkyria4yoyakukaishi
archive.is/km27j

I'm pretty sure Raita draws hentai. Plenty.

A SEGA localizer very vaguely hinted at a PC version on nugaf.

It's Honjou Raita, who was the character/world designer/artist for VC1/2/3, but not for Revolution, he's back for 4. Unlike most Japanese artists he doesn't use a different pseudenom for hentai, so search his name on sadpanda to see more of his stuff.

He does. He really likes drawing one type of lady though.

That art….perfect.

Please tell me NuSelvaria makes it guys.

I will buy the game if the snow Valkyria survives, i'll pass if she dies.
Definite buy if she joins my party.

What if you could finally have your own Valkyria unit on the battlefield, but the drawback would be that you'd be required to have an APC on that battlefield parked somewhere nearby, meaning you're not getting a tank for that mission.

Sounds like a decent trade off, would probably have to nerf the Valkyria though.

Have you not played VC2/3? APC's are top tier; 1CP, massive movement range and a mounted flamethrower, just unload a lancer to kill any tanks you're whizzing by.

The second any lancer gets within range you're not gonna have an APC. Light Tank B is a lot better, you get 1 CP, decent armor and a decent turret with a construction arm. Or, if you're feeling lucky, a good turret with no construction arm.

New Selvaria fig a lewd.

Her face is really bad

A lot of Selvaria figures are lewd though.

please dont tell me it's another underdog squad of friendship users beating the Nazis again…

Were you hoping to be the Nazis this time around? Better wait for the DLC campaign to come round then because it doesn't look like you're getting shit.

Nobody is gonna make a game where you get to be a nazi and slaughter jews user.

The gameplay is not involving enough to justify it being on a console or pc you sit down and play at. It would be much better on a handheld. Monster Hunter world has the same problem. Gameplay to shallow to sit down and dig my teeth into. The weeb aesthetics also trash the game. What are those stupid horns. Jesus.

you do remember the nips were nazis too right there user? Always found these games amusing for that reason.

Yes user, that's why.

Haven't played lots of VC2, but they were nerfed into the ground in VC3, to the point that they were only useful for grabbing the undefended bases. Seems like they found a way to fix this issue in the VC4 - scouts will still suck at combat, but they will have the legitimate reason to scout around.

Don't know how to feel about that. On one hand, techs were useful against sandbagged enemies, on other hand they took useful functions away from engineer. This was a problem when fencers were introduced, since they were overall better than techs, BUT LACKED THOSE FUCKING FUNCTIONS. Shame about gunner, though - they had a pretty interesting gimmick going on for them. Since we now have grenadiers with mortars, they should've probably made new gunners with tripod-mounted machine guns that require entire turn to deploy before firing, a la Advance Wars artillery, or something.

Why even go there?
He did it first on Twitter

How many times I need to remind you that Empire is USSR, not Germany? It has tanks based on Soviet designs, uses Soviet gun calibers, it is on the same spot as Russia, goddamit, their fucking aces are red.

But their guys have German names. So a mix between the two?

Never mind..did a check, it's a mix between the Soviets, Nazi Germany, Imperial Germany, Czarist Russia and Austro-Hungary.

That's VC3.
Play it.

Also, I am fairly certain that we are going to get our own Valkyria at some point, maybe even Snowvaria because they showed the SP that are from VC3 in one of the dev screenshots.
So look forward to that.

They made Revolution for Vita and from all accounts it sucks ass. Even more so than the PS4 version.

Empire is everything.
It has stuff from the German, Russian (literally uses the Russian coat of arms, minus Saint George in the middle) and Austro-Hungarian empires.
It's a fucking mess, but even so it's the best nation.

See, this is what I wanted to see as well, but I think they have their hands full trying to balance things already as it is.

Shouldn't we be worried?

Very.
But who knows. It might turn out alright in the end

They shill everywhere
Even here

w-we're gonna save her this time

;_;

I believe in sega.

I want selvaria back somehow

Sanic had denuvo

You're going to saver her alright
from herself, by killing her

So this?

NazBol then, got it.

Pretty much but with the Prussian Flag on top.

Are you implying the visuals are good?

Is this the worst hair clipping of all time?

Just like in my oblivion/skyrim mods.

I'd say they are excellent and fit the game.
The horns are weird.

You're focusing on the wrong parts.

I didn't actually recognize his art. I've only seen Raita's older works, and his artstyle evolved quite a bit since then.

Don't beat yourself up about it, he tones down his proportions a lot when doing actual concept art.

The sliver of hope i had on the game is gone now, can't say i'm surprised though.

You do realize that they were a thing in VC1 as well?
I can't remember snipers and lancers in VC3 being any different from VC1 ones.
There is already a screenshot of scout not being able to kill enemy with a full salvo to the head at short range, so shut up. And there is nothing wrong with shocktroopers being a bread and butter of combat, because that's what they are supposed to be - sharing the role of regular soldiers with scouts, with everyone else being there for their support. Not to mention that they will be crippled by low AP again anyway.

I'm more concerned how fucking close she's using that mortar from. I hope the range can be increased a great deal.
Shame Lancers won't be able to use mortars now (I assume), so they don't really have a secondary weapon/role now. Then again, neither did Scouts, Snipers, and Engineers (outside of less accurate but more damaging guns, and IIRC choosing between healing or mine-disarming).
The fact the mortar symbol is a mushroom cloud amuses me.

Because ability scaling on the user side is totally the same as on the AI side amirite?

Scout Elites had rifle grenades in the original game. I guess grenadiers will take over both this and mortar lances as well. Engineers had buffing/debuffing musical instruments in handheld titles, but since they will get mine disarming and sandbag repair back, I'm not sure that this shit will return.

"Scaling" isn't really the right term.
The only stats in the game are accuracy and evasion, everything else is determined through potentials, weapons and armour.
Besides that, we haven't really seen a proper gameplay video, so hold your horses for now.

Mortar lances in VC1 had terrible range and mediocre damage.
It was essentially a stronger grenade that could 1-shot some enemies, but good luck dragging your favourite lancer all the way to the enemy just to fire one or two rounds.

We don't know the maximum range, but we do know that they can intercept enemies and lob their shots in an arc, so walls, high and low level ground are not an issue.

I never really found the use for mortars in VC1. They are only useful on missions with little/no enemy armor, in which case a shocktrooper or a scout is better.

I think the poster in that image is complaining about VC1.

How are the darcsen like the jews anyway?

I think you know the answer to that, user. ;_;

Selvaria was better though.

Posting some more screenshots, because why not.
Also new medic girl.

They aren't.
It was a forced "muh racism" story element.

There is no fucking real life equivalent, because there are no hard-working people hated on ancient rumours alone.

Maybe if the racism part of the plot was made by an actual racist, they'd have something to them, but unfortunately we're saddled with a Jap normalfag's understanding of it.

I'm not really a fan of it, but hopefully you can switch out the turret and body like in VC1.

Feels bad, man.

Any more info on qt sniper?
I know this game was just announced but i do want to see if there's more info.

There's a short biography, but that's about it.
Might translate later if you want me to.

I think they tried too hard with the darcsens. They just had to make them these innocent hard-working people hated by everyone millenia later. Give them a bit of a devious or at least vindictive trait, that doesn't unnecessarily make them unsympathetic. Make up lore for a series of Darcsen riots in the middle ages, followed by a mass decapitation a-la French revolution.

Or have the darcsen be very unfriendly towards outsiders when they are in their own community, or something like that.

You're assuming there has to be a logical reason for racism. There usually isn't.

You best be baiting, user.

The artstyle looks great, but I'm not sold on the character design for the blonde girl, and the hat with the horns is an eyesore.

Yeah, it wasn't too bad. The only issue I had was in one of the missions with ladders that your're supposed to climb to reach some gun emplacements: Once my troops set foot on the wall, they fall into a black hole, a graphical glitch, and are unresponsive for the rest of the mission.

The Irish and the Chinese. Though to be fair, they're hated because the former is full of violent drunkards that can't into organization and the latter because they turn into Asiatic Jews the moment they sniff some coins.

She needs to be stretching out that ribbed sweater a little more.

You're gonna have to tell me what's wrong because I simply can't see it.

To be fair, people feared the Irish were more loyal to the pope than the USA (which they were) and since America was a primarily Anglo nation, they knew well of Irish rebellions. As for the Chinese, they typically brought opium into the country, had distasteful customs, refused to learn the language and stuck to their own ethnic enclaves.

The light blue doesn't fit well, needs to be a different color.

qt sniper is better

I haven't played it, but didn't VC3 have a bunch of Darcsen villains trying to use nukes to make a not-Israel and one of the Darcsen on your team backstabs you to join them?

Hi Tumblr.

I'm a fan of cute head accessories even where they don't really make sense, so I'm okay with it.

I liked the first game but can't stand JRPG characters or writing. What is the plot of this game? I mean, the first one was Jap WW2, what is this one about?

Will I be able to remove darcsen filth?

The situation the characters are in seems kind of like a scenario where the allies invaded
an Imperial Russia that merged with Germany and Austria-Hungary.

Darcsens have more in common with whites than they do with Jews, who are the valkyria.

No, the Valkyria are Hyperboreans.

Must have moar!

Alicia is best. Alicia is love. Alicia is life.

I know, I remember some user made a great post about how they're VCs Basques. Which makes sense seeing as they turn out to be VCs version of pre indo-europeans.

If only they didn't have the whole muh holocaust shit slapped on them.

Maybe if you're underaged and autistic. That artwork is fucking garbage.

The Darcsens didn't do anything wrong. The Jews on the other hand…

aaayyyy

F

only if they balance the whole scout rush, make the other units important and actually have a competent enemy AI, but odds are its just going to be a VC1.5 game

…How do you even sleep at night, user?

(4), hmm, interesting.

imps get out!

i dont like the sound of that.

some user cleaned up a pic

shameful, but the tanks thingies look nice

its a fucking fantasy settings, they take shit from every front and mix it to make shit up.

you dont play a lot of games, user?

nah, we already got sleeper agents as mods in there.

and we are fucked

It's a longshot but maybe you can assign the bonus CP points to whatever characters you want before a battle.

Nah, the characters with the CP in that pic are the main characters. It's gonna be like VC1.

I guess uncomfortably on the floor.
Because it's flat.

so why add them at all?! they should just give you all the damn CP points in each mission.

I like the character designs so far, but I just know they're going to make you play as a faggot nation and kill the nice Hyperborean ladies with giant knockers.

gagging on cocks

What, are you afraid one of your precious waifus is going to die in war, or something? You have to sacrifice them to save Gallia, user. Now send your assault trooper to charge that tank so the lancer can take it out.

To retain the lost CP mechanism when a command unit goes down. If they remove that feature, what would be the point of taking out enemy officers?

You'll hold be able to hold the cake on her death bed of snow

It's better than what VC2 and VC3 had, but I'm hoping they at least improved the story and possibly give us a cake option.

yes

good point, i guess they will just do it like in VC1

What's wrong with Raz giving a bonus command point?

Underrated post.

Plebs, the lot of you.

Maybe he doesn't like him?
I had little love for Rosie and Largo and only deployed them for the bonus and then almost never used them.
It's a good system, but shoots itself in the foot when you have to use characters you don't like in a game that's all about picking those that you do find appealing.

But maybe they'll let us choose who we want to give CP to like in VC3.
Who knows.

Started playing VC2 yesterday, didn't get very far yet. I can see why many people dislike the setting, but I don't mind. What's more egregious to me is the gameplay limitations, in particular map size.

I liked it and thought it was pretty funny at times.
VC2 had some good class ideas that you'll see later on.
As for the maps, that problem is about to get a lot worse. Thankfully, they fixed it in 3.

Still, I think it's worth playing through at least once.
If you like lolis, you'll enjoy one of the best that the game has to offer.

You're the pleb, user.

I always have her equipped with the Ruhm and just snipe shit across the map.

Is it wrong if i want to lick and kiss Alicia's feet and milky white legs?

faggot

just ignore the story and get used to the same map, but at least they use little surprises here and there with different missions, turning the whole mission like a puzzle you need to resolve quick.

the loli valk is cute, but a christmas cake valk would have been great.

fuck me, I should have checked this before I did the edit. oh well, user's image seems to be higher res, so it's compression artifacts either way.

doing gods work, user-kun.

he sleeps in prison because he is probably a pedo

I just wanna breed with a valk, loli or not (preferably loli that grows up into cake material so I can have and eat both), and have ubermensch children together. Is that so much to ask?

yes user. I believe the japs not letting westerners get the delicious aryan ara cake is the revenge for the nukes.

In VC3 you get Riela.
But what makes Aliasse the worst?

Listen to this man , he knows what needs to be done.

She just never struck me as particularly interesting.

another edit

ara > loli

i tried to get into this series but I hated it

Why?

Good job user.

I just wish this series had better armor design instead we get wonky uniforms.

thanks user. I made a guide in case anyone finds a poor, defenseless image in need of their big, strong artist hands.

Since you put so much effort in, now I have to draw something myself.

What's wrong with her?

I like the psuedo horns but acknowledge that they're kinda dumb

you could always make a valkyria chronicles gondola

No, I should really put in some effort. A good drawing that I did for fun has long been overdue. I'll see if I can come up with something by tomorrow, but don't get your hopes up too much.
It might look like shit.

put it in the drawthread

How is that even possible? You didn't even like the design and the characters?

Noice.
Hope she won't follow Scythevaria into oblivion. Nobody seemed to like that bitch.

did anybody actually played that game? im still waiting for it to be 5 dollars to buy it.

Please explain what the fuck you're doing here. Sometimes there's that one pesky transparent white or black bar that doesn't completely censor, but is just enough in the way to be a nuisance.

which step doesn't make sense?

The second one. What does that level adjustment actually do?

in the original image we have an area where the original colors have been altered by a set amount. in this case since the "sample" text is white, it's just a greyscale change to each color value in that region and we can get away with using just an RGB curves or levels adjustment to change it. so for example if 50% white has been applied to a dark blue area, it will look like light blue but if we then darken it by 50% it will look like it originally did.

in this example image you can see with the curve in the original position it looks normal. with it at the top left all but the very darkest content has been made much brighter and at the bottom left, everything has been darkened until only noise remains.

if you were to be much more gentle with these adjustments and only do them in a certain area, you could get a specific effect. for example, you could select just the knight and use curves to get the brighter areas darker. moving the curve further would make even darker areas darker, and you could keep going that way until the whole image is black like the last example.

does that make sense?

so how many of you are going full goy for VC4?

the game itself is alright, but feels very repetitive since all you have to do is rush at the enemy and fuck them up in melee combat, even tanks cant hold their ground aganist the sheer might of your oversized sword and if it isnt down in 5 seconds, you can still use either sniper rifles to shoot at the weakpoint or use fire element skills to fuck them up even harder.

only challenge in this game so far seems to be the valkyria herself since you need all elemental attacks at once in order to fight her, unless you want to spend 30 minutes or longer running arround and reviving your K.O'd allies.

Been a while since I've studied Jap, but sniper girl's name is Kai Shuren (Suren?) if my Katakana's right.

Going to wait for the PC port while masturbating to Raitas doujins and pirate it if it has Denuvo

You didn't fix her ugly face or the light source that can't decide where it's coming from.

Her nickname is "one shot killer"; I'm sure there won't be any cringy dialogue concerning that.

This is NuNuSelvaria. Maybe third time's the charm?

I'm so glad new Selvaria figs are still being released regularly. Pic attached is another one on the horizon.

I'll get it as soon as it releases for PC.
Normally I'd wait for a sale, but fuck it.

If I get fucked over, I'm never buying a game again.
If they fuck it up, then there truly is no hope.

Why are Valkryians so sexual?

Why even live?

Yeah I know butnif Im ever gonna spend more than 100 bucks on a small plastic figure, it better be perfect.

Shut up user.
Its hurts.

I am replaying VC1 and I just got to the scene where Isara gets killed.
I don't like drama and cutscenes that doesn't follow the game's rules.

That one's really pretty. Might have to pick up. I've never bought a figurine before. How much do these things tend to cost?

The medic didn't get to her in 3 turns, so that's why.

No one bothered to call the medic either.

Does that mean you don't like Devil May Cry?

be careful, user. you can never be sure what I'll actually try.
besides fixing all the lighting, fuck that. I'd rather just paint something from scratch.

the idea of fatties lusting after my waifu unironically distresses me to an unbelieveable extent

You will never draw that well and your mediocre creations will be forgotten as "just another straw in the bunch". Have a good day.

What are you doing

Depending on the make and size figurines can vary between 30$ to over 100$.
The Selvarias getting released nowadays are usually around 1/7 scale and fall in the 100$+ category. It can vary up or down if they're from a scalper or if they're pre-owned aka hotglued and returned.

I guess she's [printing money for sega as she's getting a new figurine every six months or so.

It's supposed to be like, "yamete kudasai baka senpai, don't look at me down there, it's making me feel funny in my uterus".

Is it going to damage the paint?

Rarely. However, it will always show under a blacklight.

Thanks for the info, dude.

Selvaria bump

I WANNA FUCK HER!!!!

we all do, user. we all do.

VC3 was the worst story wise, gameplay wise too. I fucking hated that super move shit it added.

I dropped VC1 way back when it first came out on steam for the same reason. The pantsu on the head retarded writing, are the other VC worth trying?

While I haven't played 3 personally, I thought being able to go Valkyria mode for a turn was a cool idea with the hard 3-times per map limit. Make them not invincible and just immune to counterattacks ala the Selvaria DLC in VC1 and it would be pretty nice. Alternatively, maybe they could take Kurt's super and make it the only super mechanic. Like, you can move 2 units at the same time, but it costs more CP and they can't be affected by Orders to compensate.

Either way, definitely no bullshit like Imca's. I agree with you as far as that one goes.

It has some issues, but dropping it because you disagreed with how the plot was proceeding is silly.
It's a window that lets you look into the game world, not a literary masterpiece.

Now you've crossed the line, mister.
VC3 has some problems, yes, but when compared to 1 it has significantly improved gameplay.
The first one had very limited deployment and routes that you could take to reach your goal, whereas 3 gave you much more freedom to the point that it could be called a proper strategy game and not a scout rush puzzle with strategy elements.
Being able to fight as a Valkyria or drag 2 units with you to a specific spot and attack with all of them didn't undermine it at all. Imca's special was only useful early game and wasn't that good to begin with.

And if you are bothered that much by them, then don't bloody use them. The main story isn't too hard, so they are not necessary.

Didnt play VC3 but the story cant be more cringeworthy than VC1, its impossible it would tear the realities and collapse the multiverses.

Did they fix the brain dead AI yet?

Fuck off back to tumblr along with that shitty frankfurt meme.

no the story is so much worse.
The main villian can't die in the final fight… because he's trying really hard to not die.

That about sums up the entire conflict, stupid and pointless, and there's no good reason for any of it to happen other than plot convenience. There's no motivation that actually makes sense, and for some stupid reason a nuke is involved.

Why did they give your squad members names and faces and personalities? This makes it very stressful when thinking they are ever going to return home if they die under your command. I just wanted to have fun, not develop PTSD and cry when trying to fall asleep thinking about people that died ;_;

I hope you are just kidding, it is very hard to lose anyone in VC other than Isara .

For fuck's sake.

If you have higher resolution scans or more, post them.

I wish I were kidding, I'm terrible at strategy games and it hurts seeing others die. I don't know if I can even play anymore, it's giving me quite a lot of stress. :(

The game is easy, there's even a nip who did the whole main story with level 1 classes, weapons, with no orders and no potentials.
Git gud and get them back safely.

Also prepare to be bullied for being a gigantic faggot.

Ohh sorry, t-that was a tiny bit rude though. How do I git gud? Tips are more than welcome user.

I honestly can't think of any tips to say other than maybe "keep your troops in cover when available."
Why don't you pick a mission, describe what you did and what went wrong. Then I might be able to tell you something.
Even better if you make a webm out of it, at least we'll have some interesting content.

Can't really read the first pic, but the name of the new girl in the 2nd pic is Minerva if im reading the katakana correctly.

It is.

Thank you, I can't read jappo for shit. I wish I could find a bigger image for that first pic for the loyal dog

I'm sorry user it's the best I could find. If you have a way of getting your hands on digital or physical copies of famitsu it looks like it'll be coming out in two days
archive.is/hadSX
sage for doubleposting

But the Imps are literally Russia. Gallia is the Netherlands. Just look at the fucking map.

I have problems planning in advance, I'm always catching up to the enemy, I wait for them to make a move before planing how to counter it. Tanks are causing me most problems, they one shot kill my soldiers with the mortar and blow up sandbags. I can't beat a mission in first try without losing someone, once I've seen how enemy moves I can manage to do it in a second or third try, but casualties have already left a mark on my heart by that point.

Maybe someone in the JP learning thread could help.

By losing, do you mean dying or just falling unconscious?
Because the latter happens on an odd occasion (a stupid decision or relying on luck) even after some 300 hours into the series to me.

It's going to be somewhat unavoidable for a first timer, especially if you're bad at planning ahead.
You really should have in mind exactly what you want to use each and every CP for. Try to make the movements in your head, or take a piece of paper and draw the map and your plan on it.
Tanks should be the least of your worries. If you can't get a lancer behind them in a turn or two or if they aren't guarding something important, don't bother – just get a defence boost or caution orders and run past them.

What chapter are you at anyway?

If you're using an outdated pirated version, switch to 30fps.

His name is Ragnarok

They could also be the Baltic States or Finland, but Gallia uses mostly German inspired tank designs and cannon calibers.

Hoo boy.

I don't know, I'm guessing dying? They disappear from the map. I just reset when that happens.
Thank you, that's a good advice, I always have plenty of CP since I never use all of them on my turns because I don't know what else to do without risking someone dying.
But they kill you super fast.
4, p-please don't bully, well maybe I deserve it a bit. Since I'm having problems now I can't even imagine how it's going to be on later chapters.
Will do, thank you user for all tips!

You're gonna have fun in the desert.

most of your main characters wont die, but a lot of the other minor will die you you don't get to them in 3 turns or if the enemy gets to them.
with tanks you can just take them from the front with your lancers, its not very effective but its safer than trying to maneuver your troops behind it to hit its weak spot.

did they finally fix that in the PC version?

You think one of em will have a subscription or somethin?

Wow are they trying to make an 11/10 game here

If dubs he'll be voiced by Patrick Seitz

Some of the posters live in Japan, so maybe they but it on an occasion.
It's just an assumption.

It was fixed ages ago user.

user what the fuck.
Now I really want to see some screenshots of your progress.

Which is why you either kill them yourself or just avoid them.
If I remember well, there's only one tank in 4 and you can circle around it with a lancer in two turns.

Also, like said, your main characters cannot die and if a minor one falls in combat he is only permanently dead if the enemy reaches his body or you fail to get to him in 3 turns.
If you win before 3 turns pass, they'll be fine.

Chapter 8 requires a bit of planning ahead, but is otherwise fairly easy.

Anyone have any vids of someone playing Chapter 8 the for the first time? I want to see the salt.

Ok, I'm making progress slowly, but steadily, I keep getting rated C, is that bad?
What happens to those that get injured but rescued? One got injured, but he got rescued in the last mission, does he dislike me now?

w-what happens in chapter 8? This is scaring me now, maybe I should quit now when I'm still able to beat missions after a try or two..

They go back to the base and you can immediately put them back into action the next turn when you press on your base flag.

It's the Dark souls of Tank Battles

;_;7

ohh noo, that no good, what am I supposed to do? I guess I can hope that I'll get better before getting to the 8th chapter

Stop scaring the newfag.

Don't worry user; we'll be here for you- every step of the way

Actually we all misremembered. It's chapter 7 that's the shitshow.

He has a right to know!

Yes. If you get too many low ratings you might have to grind the skirmish battles to be able to keep up with the enemy weapon upgrades and class levels.
If a squad member gets rescued, he's alive and well. There is nothing more to it.

It's an easy battle, but it's a big surprise the first time.
You'll be fine.

Ah, so it's even CLOSER for our newfriend- very good.

Make me

This guy's right, battle is actually pretty easy when you know what's going on but the first time is a bitch, be sure to grind with skirmish battles.

So how do I get a better grade? Lower the amount of turns I use? What else? I'm playing skirmishes, they are not that hard since I put them on easy.
What are engineers useful for? I always deploy one, but don't move them from the starting position ever. Can they repair or restore some HP to the tank?
I'm off to bed now, thank you for all your help anons, I'll try and get through chapters 5 and 6 tomorrow before the evening and report back i-if i make it that is…

The grades in the first game just tied to time, that's why scouts become broken as hell on base capture missions later. Don't scout rush if you want to actually have fun with the game instead of cheesing.
Engies repair the tank.

The fewer turns you complete the mission in, the better ranking you get, which also determines the experience and ducat rewards.
Engineers are the best at healing soldiers, disarm mines, restock grenades of other units and repair the tank/sandbags/towers.
Seriously, git gud, you sound like a little girl playing a war game for the first time.
You're not secretly a little girl, are you?

At least there's that mod Gallian Crossfire, I hear it fixes the class balance a bit.
I think I'll try it out tomorrow.

You honestly don't need to grind at all, but if he really sucks that much, he might as well.
Embed very much related.

He finished the whole game like that and this ex-hard mission.

If you really want anything to blame for scouts being OP, blame physics. Not the game physics, but actual physics.

Mobility and striking power has always been key. So in a game where guns should work like guns, as in, one or two shots your dead. You really don't need a machine gunner. The problem is that they made the Shocktroopers machine gunner guys worthless because they could only hit one target per turn. They should have gave them the ability to attack multiple times. There was no way to really utilized their gun aside for defensive positions where they auto fire, or if you where really good at lining up shots that your main target was in front of someone else. In all honesty, they shouldn't have called scouts, scouts, they should have just called them standard infantry. because thats what they really where.

The issue is that Scouts shouldn't have such insane mobility. There's no "realistic" reason and as everyone has already pointed out hundereds of times it fucks game balance so hard the game quickly turns into "Alicia does everything while the rest of the squad cheers from back at base". Really they should have given the sniper class the massive mobility to encourage you to seek out vantage points to fire on enemies from and gave the other classes a higher but more standardised mobility. Throw in increased interception ranges for units so assaulting can't be easily done over open fields and the game would probably be a lot more tactically interesting.

Being only able to reliably kill one target an action isn't as big an issue as being unable to get in range of a target in one turn while another unit can achieve the same results as you while taking less actions to get within a decent range in a game that thinks high level play should equate solely to a strict action economy that ensures most classes become dead weights simply because they can't sprint halfway across the map in one bound.

I've never played the PSP games though so I've no clue to the extent that was fixed in later games, regardless, here's hoping they get it right this time and the game doesn't degenerate again into God-Scouts being objectively better than every other unit at the specialities of the various units.

Maps are cut down in into several sections on the psp because of memory limitations. Deploying and switching to a specific section requires you to capture a midway base in order to move up. I suppose the smaller maps help interception fire, but can make it rather cramped. They also reuse maps a lot.

It's been years since I played vc2 on the psp though, my memory might not be so clear

The entire game would be balanced if grenades couldn't knock enemies out of their camps and if scouts's HP was lowered to 5/4's of sniper levels. Health is such a huge issue with scouts in VC2 that Avan is so much better than all other scouts with his giant HP pool and decent-to-great accuracy. Helmut is good if you really need a second scout, but aside from that you get nothing.

YES

You can only move each unit once a turn like every other SRPG, there, scout problem solved.

I'M NOT GOING TO CRY

If any game actually represented other aspects of modern warfare too you'd be dead wrong.
Machinegunners arent supposed to gun down enemies, their primary role is to limit the enemy mobility and keep them pinned, allowing your units to flank and destroy them.
Too bad no game outside sims gets it right.

Well at least the game story addresses that.

They do technically do that in this game too. Its just too easy to head shot them since the rifles have more range, and grenades one hit ko everyone even if in cover if I recall.

The entire issue is that the game punishes you for not rushing. Not to mention you're almost always attacking and never need to hold a defensive position which is where shocks would theoretically shine.
and whenever you do need to hold a position usually they spawn in a tank making the shocks worthless anyways

They do? When?

When we find out she's a Valkyria, obviously. Especially exacerbated by her hidden potential.

I didn't even realise that all you have to do is capture the base, I assumed you need to kill everyone first.

n-no I don't play much strategy games tho and stress is making it even harder to concentrate.
How can you take out tanks with normal soldiers? Even grenades don't' seem to do much damage to them even if I throw them at the engine.
I'm going head on in chapter 5! W-wish me luck..

shooting the radiator on the back does damage, you need to hit a certain threshold damage wise to penetrate the armor, but as long as you're using decent guns it should work. After you figure this out, scouts and stormtroopers are actually better at killing tanks than lancers or your own tank most of the time

There's an order that increases a characters anti armor damage for 1 turn, use it on Alicia in combination with the caution order and she can run around the entire map blowing up all the enemy tanks on the first turn just by shooting them with her scout rifle.

What do you mean? I shoot at the engine and it does next to nothing damage, but I'm still using the first weapons (they are a bit upgraded tho)

Ohh this is all too complex for my simple brains, I don't use orders, I don't know how to, I feel like I'm drowning in informations…

How do I do this? They destroy my tank in one turn, why are lancers and stormtroopers so lazy, they can only move a few steps per turn ;_; It's annoying, I always miss with my lancers and tank, but they always hit me at long distances.

keep an engineer behind your tank and repair it every turn, also why aren't you using any sniper or scout wtf

Squad is dividend in two parts and the mission briefing said that the south team will hit the enemy base head on so all my scouts and a sniper are with the north team. I figured I need shocktroopers are a better choice for assault. I don't really know how to use snipers… I mean I always pick one for a mission, but don't know what do to with him, they still need more than one shot to take down enemies and they can only move for a few steps.

W-why is Rosie such a bully? I don't think I'm comfortable with her in my squad ;_;

Holy fuck lad, how do you dress yourself in the morning?
Take your damn meds and focus.

P-pls don't bully user…It's hard and it's even harder with the burden of having to keep everyone alive to focus, I don't know how you anons do it. Chapter 5 is hard, if only shocktroopers could move further, my scouts die fast when against enemy shocktroopers, but it would take mine to reach them quite a few CP. I keep losing at the 1st garrison, I guess I could beat it if I would really take my time, but I might go over the rounds limit then. M-maybe strategy games really aren't for me…

How do you expect to improve if you just give up?
Protip, don't bother with the first garrison, they won't do shit.
Your goal is to capture the main base, never mind what the briefing lady says.

And don't play war games if you are a tiny loli.

Maybe getting your asshole pounded by a real man would give you a reason to feel stressed.

Don't listen to him, he just wants to hog all the war games to himself.

yeah, fuck that shit

Remember those doujins with ur waifu being impregnated by fat ugly old men with huge cocks and turned into their personal semen toilet?

Good times, good times.

I'm trying my hardest user, b-but I keep dying. This really is too stressful, I think I'll stop for today, this is really causing a toll on me.

Your meek and timid attitude is really starting to piss me off, and your shitty gameplay isn't helping. Fuck off and learn to play this baby mode game, it's not hard. Don't post again.

This. At this point you're just shitting up the thread with your RPing.

Seriously, haven't you been paying attention? Scouts should be able to get reliable headshots around the range enemy units start firing on them when they move, at that range just aim for the head and watch the enemy drop. If an enemy is in cover, lob a grenade at them and follow up with headshots if they somehow survive. If you're still feeling scared that your waifu is going to get fragged or whatever then go have your scout lie down in some grass nearby for a good defence bonus and possibly decreased visibility to enemies (dunno if that actually happened but it works in the inverse so it should).

Also, drop the fucking snipers from your team, they're shit. You need to save-scum to reliably get a headshot at any and good luck reaching any firing positions with their shit mobility. In fact, fuck it. Anons guide to VC classes:

Scout Tier
Scout: Can do literally anything and give you S ranks on every mission.

Not Scout (AKA: Shit) Tier
Shocktrooper: Like a Scout but needs to get closer to reliably kill anything and with less mobility. So not like a Scout at all. Get a flamethrower eventually, because nothing says "just use a Scout you idiot" like a weapon that does basically the same fucking thing their primary weapon did at even closer range.
Lancers: What sort of anti-tank weapon is a lance? A shit one, it turns out. Inaccurate as fuck, prone to hitting tracks rather than tank bodies and consistently less powerful than using a Scout to open up on the rear with the right orders. The size of the lances are to compensate for their entire class gimmick getting taken over by the Scouts in the mid-to-late game.
Engineers: Why the fuck are you even using these? Just don't step on any mines you moron. They're like Scouts but spend their days dry humping your tanks because all the girls are busy running after the Scouts in the enemy base.
Snipers: Literally only on the squad to fill out the diversity quotas for the severely physically handicapped. As I said above: anything you want to hit is easier to do just running a scout up close enough to get headshots and the Sniper union apparently made it illegal for any of those lazy fucks to move more than 10m in a single action or even bother to carry more than a handful of rounds of ammunition at a time. Not that they can hit anything, I guess training in marksmanship was too hard.
Tanks: Literally cost twice as much to move as a Scout, thus meaning they aren't even bothering to contend for a place alongside Scouts, just as mobile set dressing and occasional targets for Scouts to blow up.

There are a handful of situations where non-Scout classes come in handy but as a rule, VC 1 is a game about Alicia single handedly winning a war with her team of elite super-Scouts while the entire Imperial army wonder why all their bases are now Galian and some guy who likes flowers fucking his adopted loli Darcsen sister in a tank out of boredom back at base.

Use Scouts to run around the Eastern (right) flank of the map, that'll get you behind the enemy tank and right next to the base. Then use an anti-tank boosting order (in the menu I believe) to buff a Scout and then start firing on the tanks radiator- or just capture the base and finish the level.

I'm sorry anons, I never tired to offend or upset anyone, I'm sorry again, I won't post anymore.

Thank you user, I really appreciate the tips, I'll try again, I feel a bit more confident!

It's alright, user. I like you alot.

The tanks are just the worst kind of troops in the game, by a wide margin. Pretty funny given that the setting is clearly inspired by WW2.

That's the stuff.

She is the lengendary super sand lesbian, completely with glowing god ki aura. They cleary wanted the players to use her. Its just possible to pretty much solo missions with her too.

Engineers restock your scouts grenade lobing, and can restock multiple units at once. While actually being able to actually keep up with the scout. They have the second most moment in the game, and will probably still be near most scouts if the scout actually had to stop and shoot something, and they share the same gun as scouts anyway.

Really, they should have just dropped the concept of classes, and went with a weight system that took away the amount of mobility you have the heavier your gun or armor is. Scouts are just your regular bread and butter troops. The enemy army is filled out the ass with them. Shocktrooper, Snipers and Lancer troopers are clearly specialized roles. Really says something when an engineer is just a scout who can't run as fast because of all the wrenches they carry.

The only reason I still included Welkin and his big old tank barrel is because he gave command points. Especially since his tank is pretty much replacable once the lighter mini tank comes along that you can use for mobile cover. Hell, Rosie gun and Largo are probably the only shocktrooper and lancer you ever need.

I like to play Valkyria Chronicles trying to mimic actual US Army field manuals.

You'll win, but don't expect a very high rating.

Probably the biggest beef I have with the game. Kamakazi tactics have the best results.
You don't even have to worry about anyone dying as long as you beat the mission fast enough. As long as an enemy doesn't go to a downed troop, or its been less then 3 turns. They will be just fine in the infirmy.

Can't believe it hasn't been posted yet.

I typically play with no orders and with even CP distribution between units. Scout cheesing isn't really possible when you only get 2 commands per turn (and no orders).

UH OH

I'd like to but I don't think I'll be able to translate it before the thread reaches the bump limit. I'll post it next time we have a thread if it's still relevant.

Also, we'll finally be getting actual gameplay on the 27th.
Took them long enough.

Pretty much the only important thing in there is that the pink girl has amnesia and has some relation to Snowvaria

Excited about this

Thank you. Does it clarify any specific differences between the medic and dog, or state that they essentially fill the same role?

They are both medics. Seems like they go together judging by the screenshot.

Also the medic is Karen Stewart, and the pink girl is Angelica Farnaby

I would like if the medic is a playable class this time around.

Thank you

I agree, especially if that means playable life saving dog

Chapter 13 is fucking shit and I'm angry.

Lot of good girls this installment. Medic Karen looks lovely

Seconding this. Karen and loyal dog Ragnarök better not die.