Lost soul Aside

So apparently the guy got picked up by Sony?

Other urls found in this thread:

www(U 200B
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yeah it was announced a long time ago that he signed on to Sony.

I can't lie his game looks fun.

So how butchered will the end product turn out? I doubt he'd have full creative liberties under Sony.

we've come along way from "he didn't make the game, he bought it"

Lost soul aside, we've got to make money.

?

Most of the assets and code are purchased, the gook just put em together

Premade assets

Huh, not bad. I wish there were dual swords, but it's not too late.

Nothing wrong with using premade assets if the result is fun and looks good.

It means that his product is a soulless piece of shit and he is a talentless gook hack who bought his way to success.

I see your flag.

Don't a lot of use the assets from engines?

I'd say so, but I'd also say that there's a difference between using premade physics algorithms and using practically everything that someone else made. A lot of work goes into making a game; character, weapon, object and environment models; rigging and animation work that bring said models to life; texture production and other art assets like logos and designs that utilize high level art concepts which give the final work a consistent and professional aesthetic; sound engineering for everything from footsteps to broken glass, not to mention voice acting; a series of musical tracks that fit the game's theme and that harmonize together; a group of writers with an idea for a script that will act as the basis for all the previously mentioned disciplines; and not to mention the amount of effort that went into producing the bare features for the game, shit like a mechanically engaging combat system, for example.

Point is, some of this stuff is streamlined by AAA devs, but they've got both the money and the human capital to make this shit happen. On the other hand, while this product looks impressive, if it is true that he paid for all the puzzle pieces and put them together, then this fact sort of puts the whole thing into perspective. In other words, he's managed to put forth a great deal of effort in producing this game, which is commendable, but it can be confidently asserted that he didn't do it all by himself.

What he did is made a game that looks good and fun with whatever sources he had available.
Devs that make games "from scratch" also don't build computers and make up coding languages from 0s and 1s either, it's just different levels of pre-made stuff.
If the game at hand is good, what does it matter how it was made? All that matters if it's fun.

Case in point pic related.

In other words you're grasping at straws to move the goalpost away from the fact he didn't make the game, he just bought it.

A lot of studios use pre-made assets during the development of their game for the sake of testing but the goal is usually to remove those textures as unlike working under someone else's IP you are creating a game (for money) that is made only using other people's content. Even if he did buy everything fair and square it's still the epitome of lazy and I struggle to call him a developer just because he took a bunch of pre-made assets into his game and called it a day. It kind of ruins the the magic.

You fucking shill.

I guess AM2R team also didn't make their game and stole it from nintendo huh?
Good thing they C&D it :)

Except that AM2R assets, code and music were almost entirely new with the exception of some stuff being from the GBA games. Lost Soulless Aside has premade fucking everything, either commissioned or from the UE store.

Well he produced it, a gook with shekels made a demo that looks like a Devil May Cry/Final Fagasy XIV clone that doesn't look like casualized garbage.

"You didn't make that bookshelf, you just bashed together pre-made wood and nails you bought from the store!"

Having worked on menus and inventory systems, I really don't give a shit if somebody bought theirs from an asset store rather than making their own systems themselves, as long as it works. To my knowledge, he didn't buy the core gameplay, which is what I would care about.

Why should the asset thing matter? I get the soulless feel, but with or without his own assets, that he made or not, if the game is shit, then the game is shit. If he puts actual work into the gameplay, and makes a good game, then it's a good game, and he will have done as much work as if he had paid for actual artists and not pre-made assets. Assets wont change the quality of the game itself if he uses them well.

Typical
I honestly don't know why I keep using this shitty board after 2015.

Wait, is there pre-made asset for fun gameplay?
Because if there is, why it's the only one "asset-flip" that looks so good out there?

Might be literal shilling at this point

What did I miss?
Why everyone is so butthurt over it?
I get that it's some DMC clone made with assets from webstore or something.
What's the big deal? There are a bunch of games like this on steam.

It's either Nintendrones or indiefags since Sony is shit anyways, or it could be because chinkshit.

It's just that? I thought there was some drama I missed, like with that one user dev who went nuclear over Nier Automata.

I mean there wasn't so much hate over this kind of games that got on steam.
Is it because it's on console?
Is this thinly veiled consolewar thread?

Where is the evidence that he did such a thing?

Yeah, nothing like that. I think it's just the cocksucking that this game is receiving. Think about it; it could turn into another Undertale scenario. Who knows what manner of autism may be spawned by this game.

Everyone was railing on it for using stock assets and the gameplay being a flashy borefest with no actual depth with the development time obviously going towards the designs and visuals when the only platform people knew he was going to release the game was Steam.

Undertale has furries and active tumblr pandering.
Here is just generic anime cuhrayzee game.

Do you think it doesn't get free pass because protag isn't cute anime girl?
Now that I think on it all these games on PC has anime girls as playable characters.

That's the first thing I said about Dark Souls when I saw it (that is, that I originally thought it looked pretty generic and bland), and now look at it.
Why would that make a difference? DMC's main character is a muscular pretty boy, and most people tend to agree that it's good. Same with Metal Gear Rising.

Everywhere dumbass, literally every site that reported on it has mentioned that.

Then I don't know, I guess it's indeed because sony published it.

If those are premade assets from store, then we can check the in said store?
Or do you need to buy some dev kit to access it in the first place?

www(U 200B was here).unrealengine.com/marketplace

You saw Dark Souls and the first thing that came to mind was "generic anime cuhrayzee game"?
At least try to sound genuine the next time you make shit up.

What the fuck

I think he meant Dark Souls looked like generic fantasy action RPG like Skyrim or Risen.

Because there's been almost nothing to discuss. The times it has been discussed, we've had the exact same arguments about its assets, which has been happening for over a year. The only difference caused by it being picked up by Sony is that now we have retarded consolewar shitters in the mix.

It's pretty obvious there are shills in this thread, user.

There's a clear difference between a game that was genuinely made by one guy from scratch and a game that was pieced together by one guy. People are wanking over Lost Soul Aside under the assumption that he really did create every asset in the game. While it's fine to get a game developed because the guy in charge spent money rather than do his own art or programming, there's a difference between hiring people for your game and being credited as a producer or director, and just buying existing assets and being treated like a developer when the only work done is to arrange the assets. The end result won't matter as much to anyone playing the game, but you can always tell when something is bought rather than commissioned and whether the furniture matches the architecture. Working smart is better than working hard, but working smart doesn't mean you deserve undue credit.

user this is the company that hired Hideo Kojima.

There's a difference between creating an art style and just buying pretty assets. It looks soulless because a majority of the game's assets and code were purchased, and merely put together. It's basically a less ugly version of the typical RPG Maker game when it comes to how it was created, albeit with more money spent. It's not like the guy bought only rock and tree assets to be used as background decoration. Hiring people to work on stuff for you is like setting up a restaurant with its own employees. This is the equivalent of making a restaurant where the menu is nothing but TV dinners you toss into the microwave.

I watched the trailer. It looks fun. None of the bought assets look out of place. I'm not seeing the fucking issue.

user the assets store was made to nickel and dime would-be game developers who got in over their head for everything they're worth before they realize they fucked up.

Asset stores exist to jew faggots who won't ever complete a game because they find out they still have to learn things to mash together the Instant Cool FPS Kit and Super MMO Starter Kit Project that they bought.

looks like the guy is making a game tho, so that's good.

So does a director using the assets made by his art team's studio is also bad? The director should be able to make it all by himself to keep true to his vision of the atmosphere after all

*is

I want shills to leave

How is it different?

Fuckoff shill

From what I've seen so far the assets feel pretty well when they're on stage, no clashing art-styles or nothing, so there's been thought on how the assets fit together. Don't you think it's okay to use bought assets if they mesh well together?

I've seen TC mods reusing assets from the game that look better than this chink shit
>>>/oven/

Can anybody actually link to "assets" that are used in the game?
Like monsters, or main character or something?
is fucking huge and I can't find anything remotely resembling shit shown in the trailer.

I disagree. Where do you see inconsistencies?

That tactic got him into a deal with a AAA company who'll probably provide him a team to remake everything from scratch internally and then make a full product from that. We may not like how he got that deal, but he knows the game and he played it like a damn fiddle.

Honestly not everyone has creative talent but they know how to code. Maybe the guy is a NEET who didn't want to work with other people. Maybe he knows that most group projects fail. I'd rather he just buy his own assets than put together a team that'll collect shekels from patreon while working at a snails pace before eventually breaking up over petty squabbling.

So any proof yet?

bump

It's mostly amateur game dev faggots who shit the place up whenever this gets mentioned, people get salty about the fact that he had the cash to throw around to make his dream game come true when most of them aren't capable of cobbling together anything at all.

Where are the proofs user?

bump

What's the worst game to convert to Souls format?

If you are looking for a Souls-like game this is it…

That's clearly fucking cuhrayzee action.
You can't even put "soul" into game's title anymore.

I'm sure he's just kidding around. In any case, it's hilarious how much asspain is in this thread.

I'd rather have this over undertale any day. I don't see what the big deal is. At least people (sjws) can stop whining about not being able to make their own game (they won't but still, makes it even easier to laugh at them), even if it means piecing things together or whatever.

WEW

Get a life, faggot.

Never ever faggots.