Itt: Villains whos actions not only make logical sense, but are also benevolent

Itt: Villains whos actions not only make logical sense, but are also benevolent.

Pic related, I don't even know if they can be considered the bad guys, especially when if you encounter them after they lose the doctrinal conflict they warn you to get the fuck out and foster your species.

Other urls found in this thread:

transistor.gamepedia.com/Royce_Bracket
sc2.sourceforge.net/
hslda.org/docs/news/201008030.asp).
slatestarcodex.com/2014/05/23/ssc-gives-a-graduation-speech/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

who

Hold on buddy! I know the drill.

From what I've heard, when you meet the villian in panzer dragoon saga, he explains why he attacked your "starting village" and you end up joining him.

Ceasar.

Caesar*
also

Retard

He's a fucking mummy in a technological sarcophagus trying to 'rebuild civilization' by being a retarded tin-pot dictator in the middle of a nuked-out wasteland. Tbh I enjoyed beating the shit out of the little zombie.

Well, i'm sure he's a nice guy that Caesar fellow!

Caesar and Vulpes did absolutely nothing wrong.

House is the only one who is capable of creating a long-lasting society out of all the choices.
House, being biologically immortal, would be able to maintain his leadership and ensure stability on the Strip for much, much longer than any of the other options. Plus he has a kick ass robot army.

Stop this shitty meme. I don't know what Hitler did and didn't do during Nazi Germany, but if you're posting him because of Wolfenstein, guess what? You're posting what's intended to be a stereotypical evil power hungry villain for the player to kill as an "evil Nazi" and by that logic, insulting him, aren't you?

Read the image, retard.

Lol there goes your stability

My definition of bad nessessitates the definition of villian.
Benny is the villian of NV, he's the driving point behind the first half of the game and the goal you always need to work to. Everything after that is player choice for factions, the game doesn't define the villian for you.

Then you're saying Franklin Roosevelt is like a good villain instead of a shitty one, again, with that same logic.

Caesar's ultimate goal is to 'transfer' the men's loyalty to himself to loyalty to the future Legion state, so it has the best chance to last, as long as the Courier doesn't kill him.
Good, it deserves destruction.
Not to mention the raiders and shit. Though if Italy could survive its disunity for a millenium, then so could the Vegas area.
Stability is not always a good thing, in all honesty. It can lead to stagnation, and stagnation leads to weakness, which leads to collapse. Plus, what said.

There are plenty of people in the Mojave who are capable and willing to repair securitrons, and House has more than enough income to pay for maintenance and spare parts.

That's volatile and against stability.
Stability would mean he could build and fix the damn things himself but he can't, hence you opening the bunker. In 8 years, if he could manufacture them in a timely fashion, he wouldn't need the bunker open.

Are you insinuating culture and law not changing will weaken and deteriorate it?

Basically. That's the fate of ALL nations throughout history. Eventually, House's greatness will weaken him, make him and his residents complacent. Complacency does not a formidable force make, especially against forces like the new Chinese Empire or God knows what elsewhere throughout the world.

If the Chinese actually gave a shit about the wasteland of the US they would've already been in there already Fallout takes places hundreds of years after the bombs dropped.

I am skeptical that Caesar would have been able to successfully 'transfer' their loyalty to the idea of a Legion state. Even if it does have the best chance, I don't think it's very good chance.

House was able to maintain his securitrons for 7 years at least, from 2274 when they were activated, to 2281 when the courier delivers the platinum chip. After the events in New Vegas, he would have plenty of time to establish the manufacturing/mining infrastructure that would make him self sufficient.

Good luck. Caesar loyalists will adhere to his doctrine, national loyalists will adhere to an unpiloted concept. Always existing separatists will be able to organize without a centralized chain of command beating them down. Finally you have to hope it lasts more then 2 generations as each generation, like ripples, have diminishing returns without revitalization. It will fracture just as the NCR did after a few decades as people will want to assume control for themselves and not for "the state" concept.

Securitrons do not become complacent.

I'm talking about when/if House becomes a big enough power to give the Chinks a run for their money

As long as there are leaders and men that lead the Legionnaires down that path, I do believe it may be possible. Likely, maybe not so. I personally believe it may be possible with a more competent successor like Vulpes or Lucius.

But the man in the ivory tower does not? House is still a man, even if he has uploaded himself into a computer.

Suppose you and many other loyal subjects from a historical monarchy were able to rigidly pass down values and traditions through a secret order that comes to ultimately rule over business and law itself through its continuing generations while continuously passing down those same values, ideals for strength of body and mind and utmost respect for people and history that gave them the society they live in now.

You can guess these same people even will not hesitate to mercilessly silence any and all attempts at subversion and are more than capable of justifying it.

No, I'm not even hinting at Nazis or Jews. I literally thought this all up on my own out of imagination.

I don't see how, after the 2nd battle of Hoover dam, the NCR up and fucking leave. His self described consumer base vanished after that. The streets became cold and without life, remember? No more money.

I don't think House would ever become complacent enough to allow New Vegas to fall apart. He has the same type of mindset that all good CEOs and psychopaths have: he excels at long term planning. I can understand how the residents of New Vegas may become complacent, but Vegas' culture has really always revolved around that.

Of course, my dear friend ;^)
Once people's anger and/or desire for any sort of change, is greater than the fear of retaliation and pain, there will inevitably be a revolution, and maybe some super-powered son of a bitch with the powers of the atom at his disposal.

I personally think that we are seeing the beginnings of such a revolution here in modern-day politics. The only question is whether it will be smothered by the ruling classes or turn into a true blue overturning of the System.

There are other people living in the wasteland who would come to New Vegas to spend their money. Also, the NCR doesn't necessarily leave, the courier can pass a 100 barter check with General Oliver to promise that House will protect their caravan routes.

What would even need to change if race hypothetically wasn't an issue, simply common nationalism from all being born in that same land and making sure it isn't actually shat up by things like shitlam or any political shit like Communism or "identity" politics that isn't desirable and only detrimental?

If you were to somehow collectively preserve the most precious traditions and values of an ancient society no matter what the fuck retards try to do elsewhere and properly keep those citizens raised and properly educated on them happy and supportive of the status quo, there would be no unrest or desire for revolution.

Hard Mode: Villains who originally were heroes trying to save the shithole of a world, fucked up on the way, know that they fucked up, but are to deep inside of the entire mess as if that they could stop anymore.

I wish I was surprised.

Invisible, Inc. spoilers: Once you get Incognita into the central node, she goes full botnet and attacks all four corporations' HQ's with orbital satellite bombardments and slaughters everyone working there, because they were destroying the planet and leaving people to starve.

Reminder that Solidus stood against absolutely fucking everything that the governments of the world are doing with computers to invade our privacy and try to control people right now. He was a prophet and died trying to stop the inevitable. A true American hero

Pretty specific, this is the only one that comes to mind.

explain

It was protecting its outspring, it's logical and it's benevolent.

Fuck.

Fix'd. Sorry I'm sleepy.

He didn't do much neither
inb4, "she was just following her nature"
True, I would have sacrificed those hipster faggots too

It was logical, acting as any wild animal would, but I don't know if I would call it benevolent, since it was an apex predator that threatened the stability of the ecosystem of SR388.

Then humans protecting their children aren't benevolent either

Well yes, but it's neither benevolent or malevolent, it's just the natural response of an organism.

Humans are benevolent with protecting children.

okay fine you convinced me

Except metroids were artificial organisms engineered by the chozo to deal with a much more dangerous species.

I'm sorry, Royce? Are you out of your mind? Why? He wanted to kill everyone in Cloudbank, which, depending on your interpretation, is either a large thriving metropolis or literally a city covering the entire planet.

Obligatory

she was just following her nature

Beyond that, not only the cult was cleansing the city from the degeneration, it's hugely implied that the eldritch horror was trading the sacrifices for maintaining Possum Springs alive, it was a win win situation. Maybe you can say that's not benevolent to deal with a cosmic horror, but in a lovecraftian universe the morals works quite differently

Kek, I was going to argue too, but that was fast.

I don't remember the story quite well, but didn't he want to sacrifice everyone to contain The Process from going out of control? I think that implies that there is world beyond the Cloudbank or a part of Cloudbank that isn't infested yet. To be honest, I found the history of Transistor too confusing

I never played Night in the Woods, was there really an Elder God living in an abandoned coal mine that was keeping a town's economy alive in exchange for human sacrifices? If so, I may have been quick to pass judgement on that game.

transistor.gamepedia.com/Royce_Bracket
Okay, scratch "he wanted to kill everyone," I reread the wiki and realized he didn't want to kill everyone, he just wanted absolute control over society by killing the people who became Trace Data in the Transistor.
He's still a fucking asshole, though. The only way you could claim he's "benevolent" is if you're Jewish and support the NWO.
>To be honest, I found the history of Transistor too confusing
I feel that way about the ending sequence with Bracket, and whatever The Country is. I'm 90% sure it's supposed to be the afterlife, but I don't know. Bastion was a lot more straightforward.
Anyway, since you're here, would you like to hear a game theory? I don't know anyone else who's played it so I'd like to hear your thoughts.

The problem with Transistors plot/lore is that a "theory" is all that can be assumed from the ending.

That part only comes up at the end of the game. Before getting there, you have to spend hours suffering some of the most obnoxious characters and dialogue milennials have to offer.

The theory has nothing to do with the ending whatsoever, other than that the ending features [REDACTED], which is who it's about.
Care to hear it?

I just read the synopsis on wikipedia:
"Depending on who the player interacted with the most throughout the course of the game, Mae will sit down with either Bea or Gregg and talk about the events of the previous night, and all the things that have happened in Possum Springs. The others join them shortly after, and Mae tells them that although they will all be forced to grow and adapt to life as it goes on for better and for worse, they can still enjoy their time together now. The game ends as the four decide to forget about their problems for the time being and have band practice."
There's no way this game is not self aware and satirizing the kind of people who likely played it.

I believe you may be misunderestimating the intelligence of leftists.

Yes, that how the little town survived the modern times
You didn't, that comes until the very end, before that you have endure the faggiest writting in a videogame, with 20-something acting like they are still teenagers (probably a projection of the creator), being smug cunts, bashing facists and being shit persons in general

That's the funniest thing about the game: someone saw that story and thought that it was good

There's also a scene where the main character sees one of the cultists kidnapping a child at night. When she runs into the police, she just babbles that "a spooky ghost stole some kid". She's supposed to be in her 20's.

Sorry, user, I'm going to sleep like right now. If the thread I'll respond, maybe. With this new "archive" system, I'll read it anyway, if the thread is dead, I create another one to share my thoughts.

So, do it anyway.

I'm too fucking sleepy.

kys both of you cucks

I remember watching some user stream it earlier this year, but either i stopped watching or he stopped playing before that point. I distinctly recall that each of the main characters talked exactly the same way (looked up a quote for specificity):
And all of the characters speak in this manner, which drove me up the fucking wall. coincidentally, my sister talks the same way, and that concerns me

Ungrateful shits don't realize how essential the Illusive Man was in helping you stop the reapers. Probably moreso than any other character because had he not existed at all, the events of ME2 and ME3 would never have even happened. Shepard would have still been dead on some frozen wasteland.

Believe it or not there's actual people that talks AND writes like this all the time

Not that user, but I'm listening.

Ibzan was entirely selfish. He was helping the suicides find some warmth and reprieve from their eternal damnation, but the entire reason he freaked out and did what he did was because the Flames either abandoned him or tried to get him to retire without fully understanding that the reapers either were suicides or held the characteristics of suicides. So, he was driven mad from the cold and the memory of the warmth of the Flames.

Who the fuck spent trillions to revive a dead person? Oh yeah, that's right, the Illusive Man on Shepard's sorry ass.

Literally nothing I said was cucked. Fuck off, retard.

dont try to corrupt the meaning of that word you total sack of shit

That's not how it works retard. Rome had plenty of Emperors.

I'll probably go to sleep after posting this too. Here goes.
WARNING: MASSIVE SPOILERS FOR TRANSISTOR. DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVEN'T PLAYED THE GAME. THE WHOLE STORY WILL BE RUINED.
[REDACTED]'s data got screwed up when he was murdered, but the data recovery manages to recover that he has no selection, with reason "Still figuring things out." The full recovery text: "Recovered data indicates Subject had no Selections on record. There is a remote possibility (less than 5%) that this information is inaccurate due to data corruption. In the more likely event that the information is valid, Subject by definition cannot be matched with the census data, as 0% of Cloudbank willingly chose nonselection."
The implication is that recovery failed, because there isn't anyone in Cloudbank with no selections. But if that were the case, how was "Still figuring things out" still readable as a reason during data recovery? There don't appear to be selections for generic disciplines like "things & stuff", and it's incredibly improbable that the reason data corrupted itself in just the right way to spell "Still figuring things out" without any errors. So considering that, it appears that [REDACTED] was off of Cloudbank's grid entirely even before he was killed. Since he appeared to be just a bodyguard to Red, no one paid any attention to him or even noticed that he wasn't in the census (except Sybil, of course). This is further confirmed by the arrangements Sybil made for the attack on Red. Although Sybil desperately wanted to figure out who [REDACTED] was, she didn't have access to the census data and couldn't ask for it without tipping off that Red wouldn't be alone, and therefore could never find out it didn't exist; and if Grant decided to double-check that Red would be alone, he would notice that she's not in a relationship and she doesn't have any staff on retainer, meaning he has no reason to doubt Sybil's claims.
Now let's look at another very important question: how is babby formed? That is, where do new society members come from? None of the characters have kids, none of them refer to kids, the youngest is Olmarq at 22, and none of them select "education" or "childcare". The most child-relevant selections are "empathy" (Niola) and "supervision" (Sybil), and both of those are a stretch. There's an absolute disregard for the training and infrastructure needed for raising and taking care of children that reminds me a lot of GTA; furthermore, although there are many selections corresponding to the traditional sciences (e.g. Farrah's chemistry, Royce's mathematics), no one has a selection for biology or medicine, which means that in vitro fertilization/Brave New World-style cloning are not where new bodies come from.
For the third and final datapoint, look at the names of the processes. You may not have thought much about these names while you were playing, but they're very important here because they're all given by [REDACTED]. His naming choices give us insight to his thought process. Now consider: Creep. Jerk. Young Lady. Cheerleader. These are very odd name choices: Creep would more often be called Tripod, Jerk would more often be Pummeler, Cheerleader would more often be Amplifier. But [REDACTED] chose these names anyway as metaphors to their behavior. What do these names all have in common? When in life would you hear those words regularly? When in life would someone be "still figuring things out"? What point in life is completely unrepresented in Cloudbank?
High school. Adolescense. The formative years. [REDACTED] is almost certainly the only teenager in Cloudbank; by some fluke, he entered Cloudbank far earlier than he should have, without having registered his selections (or even his existence) with the administration. Some mild reaching: [REDACTED] may have given Men and Haircuts their name because he noticed they have long hair, while he, still believing himself a boy (because he is so young), only has short hair.
Where he entered from and how he got to Cloudbank are both mysteries, and are both completely unanswerable with the ambiguous information given. It could be that the lack of biology or medicine was a fluke and there is in-vitro fertilization operating somewhere outside Cloudbank, and the end credits are just a pretty picture of Red's afterlife. It could also be that the Country is actually the real world, Cloudbank is a simulation, and dying means that you are literally sent back to the Country (further endorsed by the name Clucker: there don't seem to be any chickens in Cloudbank). It's impossible to say which is true, and even more impossible to describe how [REDACTED] got into Cloudbank so young and without being registered. However, it's quite clear that [REDACTED] is significantly younger than anyone else at Cloudbank.
tl;dr Red is an ara and [REDACTED] is jailbait.

Well its said many times that they are enslaving species to protect them against a greater threat so while they seem like bad guys some races understand this and accept the protection that comes with the enslavements. Which we'll probably see in the new game. In any case it is clear that the Ur-Quan themselves faced this threat.

Rome also had a central city and society beyond an army and a cult of personality. The legion has never had an active peacetime culture, and it's doubly not going to do so after Caesar dies and a civil war happens. Rome and Caesar's legion have fuckall to do with each other outside of aesthetics, which legionfags have yet to understand.

if you played the game you would know that the Legion is loyal to Caesar, but not to the idea of the Legion Empire. Without Caesar’s leadership the Legion would fall apart eventually.

He did nothing wrong. He is also the best CO.

The original plot for The Reapers. Of course the 3rd game ruined it but originally
It made sense. The Reapers in Mass Effect 3 however did not.

Garrosh Hellscream maybe

The only reason the Kzer-Za could be considered evil is muh freedums. From the game:

I understood him and could sympathize with him but come the fuck on, how was he benevolent?

Griffith

kys

The Kzer-Za did literally nothing wrong.

What did they mean by this?

enjoy your jewish caterpillar semen

It's still evil, even if it's evil against evil.

So, if everyone the Kzer-Za encounters joins into the battle thralls, wouldn't they all be free nonetheless? Sure, by name they're underneath the Kzer-Za, but nothing is asked of them other than serving as part of the whole army.

Then what happens if the Kohr-Ah are defeated? If they are defeated and all spacefaring parties are subordinate to the Kzer-Za, wouldn't that mean there's nothing to worry about?

theyre not fighting on your behalf, its a ritual. you didnt even play the game.

So the ur-quan are semites, kzer-za being kikes who love enslaving the race of men and the kohr-ah being muslims who love killing infidels and consuming civilizations? Was this a subtle red pill by the developers?

vulpes is a furry
there are dogs left to starve in a mined building

How are the Kzer-Za not fighting for their slave races?

i will post this every time the empire gets glorified.

That is a ridiculous premise, as race is a biological guarantee that predates and presages civilizations. When you try to have a nation that does not emerge from a biological race you get fucking Brazil or, to a lesser extent, the US.

both quanquans just want you and every other non caterpillar out of the picture so they can never be enslaved again. go play the game if youre actually interested. its cool and fun.

sorry bugfucker, theyre not your friends

whats the name of the game?

starman's quaran quest 2: the ur quan menace returns to control the stars?!

you cant prove it, you only have corrrelations to back it.

When every single successful civilization in history fits the curve it implies causation.

The Kzer-Za don't like other races, but that by no means means they're retards who want to kill everything or just want to cause suffering. They give all species they come across, even ones that wage war against them to fight them, a fair and simple choice between either becoming Battle Thralls or becoming Slave Shielded. In either case the race is pretty well off and doesn't have much to worry about, and the whole fucking point of the Kzer-Za dominating the other races is so they don't have to be killed off. Hell, when the Syreen tell them they have no homeworld, instead of killing them off and being done with it, the Kzer-Za give the Syreen a new homeworld that was even better than the one they had before.

As far as masters are concerned, the Kzer-Za are fair, diplomatic, and benevolent

the syreen thing was cool but i wouldnt confuse responsible policing with benevolence. one benevolent act does not indicate overall benevolent behavior. they see the value of life and i guess arent sure what to do with us yet. but theyre rightfully terrified of what things like humans can grow in to. if a horrific action can be conceived of, it can be executed.

its extremely generous to call them benevolent merely because they have the capacity to do so much worse or put in a marginal effort to have you not die. to their credit they are extremely transparent about their intentions. but the ultimatum they offer is still 2 choices in slavery. they are prison shields, but they arent really to shield you from the kohr ah, they can get through them but theyre either honor bound to leave you alone until they win their ritual war or too busy with the kzer za. those shields are not gonna keep the kohr ah from chopping your shit if they win the war. this happens if you take too long to beat the game.

i gotta wonder if the concept for the ur quan came from catching caterpillars in jars and poking holes in the lid.

Benevolent is the wrong word for it. Comparatively well-meaning compared to the Kohr-Ah- even considering their conviction of eternal reincarnation of those they destroy, eventually leading to an ideal universe of nothing but Ur-Quan- but not necessarily benevolent. Slave shielded worlds do have Kzer-Za space platforms and may continue to operate as economic vassals on some level, and perhaps have an Ur-Quan controlled system of interplanetary resource redistribution when there are inevitable shortages from monoplanetary existence. Battle Thralls have the 'privilege' to continue autonomously administrating their own space, at the price of creating an active subordinate military-industrial complex to assist in spreading the Ur-Quan Hierarchy, which, as freedoms go, is rather limited. Said freedom may also only proceed for as long as it takes for the Hierarchy to establish dominance over a certain region of space, after which they may become slave-shielded after all.

All this is done to satisfy the collective total trauma of the Ur-Quan and their totally overpowering xeno & anthropophobia; the first acquired from slavery to the Dnyarri and their disdain for the other slave races who did not have what it takes to rebel as they did, the latter inherent to their physiology and never rectified by the Dnyarri in their genetic tinkerings. The total, overpowering, completely neurotic need for all-encompassing safety, now and forever, as acquired on the backs of all divergent forms of life, with little if any discrimination. Somewhere along the line, through their nature as 'effete scientists and bureaucrats' and observation of shattered worlds, they gained a burdensome paternal-protectionist instinct as well.

These creatures are, essentially, a twist on the biblical Jewry as far as their suffering and subsequent rampage goes, except the Ur-Quan have legitimately suffered, and suffered without cause due to the predations of mind-raping decadent slavers, rather than committed monstrosities and been subsequently repressed for ages while living in total denial of the former part and exaggerating the latter; their neurotic solutions to maintaining their existence and manifest destiny would be identical in character though not necessarily method, were it not for the fact that the Ur-Quan- being either law obsessed technocrats or spartanly task minded 'effectuators'- are more or less entirely void of sadism or hypocrisy, and of hedonist excess. It would be better not to call the Ur-Quan benevolent. It would be even better not to call them villains, as they are void of moral malice. The Ur-Quan are wounded children, mutilated and broken by malady of predatory instinct and the kind of absolutist mindset that can only come from twenty five centuries of pointless torture by giant psyker frogjews. They no longer have the capacity or freedom to be moral agents, because they have either surrendered it or else it has been stolen from them and replaced by a mandate of self-preservation at all costs.

If it wasn't for that I would agree, otherwise fuck him.

you mean the "civilisations" like the European union home of liberalism and tolerance?

That argument works when discussing history only if you ignore over 25,000 years of history to comb through.

I didn't forget you, user, I'm still gonna read it, but I'm severely busy for now.

Europe had it's ups and downs, now countries like India (China is already taking measures about how to compete whit India diplomatically and economically) and Vietman are surfacing, you could have said how China was doing better than European nations after the fall of the Roman Empire.

that explains a lot of their erratic behaivor, but still i dont understand whit the Kzer-Za needed to preserve and imprision other sentinent species, maybe because of the implied Eldritch menace

I never explicitly said "Europe" I meaan world history.

Both Ur-Quan want the same thing, they just approach it differently.
The Kohr-Ah think that they will never be enslaved again if they kill every sentient being, while the Kzer-Za think that enslavement and imprisonment of all other sentients will do the job.

Should I even play this game? From your discussions it seems the lore is interesting. What kind of game is it?

(checked)
Sure thing. I wonder if is still around though.

I would argue that their policing does serve as benevolence simply because a good deal of the galaxy's species would end up driving themselves to extinction or causing endless strife if left unchecked, with no higher power holding them all together. Just look at half of these races. If they had nothing to keep them in check they would easily suicide themselves.

All things considered, the Kzer-Za are very lenient in how they treat their battle thralls. They have a good amount of autonomy as long as they don't do overtly stupid shit, like try to genocide themselves, or rebel/intentionally go against orders. Even with the player, you can surrender to them and they'll only kill you since your the captain, and will let the rest of the crew live. And that is ignoring what happens if you reveal to them the living Dynarri, where they'll both be extremely thankful you told them of this threat, but also let you live and leave. The Kzer-Za seek to establish order with them at the top, whether how they enforce this order is benevolent, the end result of this order they enforce is peace.

The game is free, nothing to lose trying it.

sc2.sourceforge.net/

Do you have a non-botnet link? I couldn't find one.

Star Control 2 is exploration-focused. Not quite a 4x (SC3 fits that a bit closer), but managing resources is part of it

Hard to explain since it's a bit of everything. Arcade space shooter, exploration game, adventure game, RPG,

SOUNDS LIKE YOU NEED A SLAVE SHIELD

so what are ur quan gonna look like when they turn into butterflies? are they gonna be adorable?

Here's another hypothetical, what if the neighboring native races also actually assimilated over millennia and generations?

I'm not calling it a perfect civilization, I'm just asking what if the people were overall content and had absolutely no reason to change their culture? How would that weaken them?

You can't seriously have never literally heard the phrase "correlation implies causation".

It wouldn't. Compare the assimilation of Chinese-Americans to African-Americans. One of them does not harm the social fabric, the other does. There are many contributors to this, of which two of the most obvious are IQ and community attitudes towards assimilation.
The traditional phrase is "correlation does not imply causation" as a matter of fact.
sage because not videogames

Rebel scum

You're silly if you think Asian immigrants have zero negative influence on society. Just look at Canada and Australia.

This. Asians, when allowed to congregate into large communities unchallenged, slowly become a cancer on the area affected by them. While usually not as bad as the American ghettos, Canadian versions of "china town" are notoriously hostile to outsiders and dangerous areas to be in at any time of day.

Cantonese speaking chinks are top-tier.
Mandarin speaking chinks are scum of the earth PRC imports.
This is an important distinction, I know it all sounds like fucking ching chong bird sounds but there is a real difference.

Still alive?

The Master was a bit of a dummy.

Due to legal fuckery the only thing Stardock's Star Control has to do with the originals is the name. We won't see shit.

Literally nothing wrong.

I didn't even play the game and I know that 's false.

The Legion does have cities. How stupid do you have to be to think the entire empire is just military camps?

Remember how Black Mesa exists in the same universe as Portal? Well, GLaDOS just wanted to protect you from the Combine, but she was hacked by a filthy Jew to expose you to dangerous experiments instead. GLaDOS did literally nothing wrong and even tried to feed you sweets as a reward.

Holy fuck that quote.

Get to the point.
Okay?
I can't believe she actually felt the need to clarify she doesn't believe a constellation of a whale is actually a real whale in the sky. It's like she actually had to figure out herself whether there was actually a whale up there or not as if it's actually a point of contention, like someone could make the same mistake she made, and in the end she's still doesn't seem confident about it.
More blathering.
Okay no shit.
Yeah, that's what a constellation is.
Would've just fucking slapped her at this point.
Again, that's literally the definition of a constellation.

The whole conversation can just be summed up as:

You do know the original devs are also working on their own new Star Control, right?

You are a horrible person.

I don't see what I've done wrong, but okay. Maybe you just aren't emotionally mature enough to admit you were wrong about one of the most nuanced villains of the past decade.

Not just the same but also joined in a hivemind through Unity so I doubt there would be a civil war while under that unless The Master becomes a schizo.

Cloudbank
Cloud Bank
Cloud Computing Memory Bank

Good Lord.

Son of a bitch, how did I fuck that phrase up that bad it was literally the reverse?

Metroid were only hope against X Parasite.

THE REPUBLIC LITERALLY GENOCIDED TRILLION TIMES MORE PEOPLE THAN THE EMPIRE EVER DID

Yeah, but Disney said they're white supremacist bigots who voted for Tonald Drumpf, like my dad. Also the Republic has strong empowered womyn while the Empire is full of crusty old men. Obviously Empire

In the first one it says "would have killed"
Meaning it was an estimation of what would happen if they went ahead with the plan?
With that the numbers would be pretty close to each other except for the geonosis sterilization, I mean who gives a shit about some bugs?

it says 'would had been', and I guess the 'would' is just a typo here

The Triads did nothing wrong tbh.

(checked)
That's actually a solid theory, I would never thought about it. I think the only comment that I can make it is that he's certainly doesn't look like a young boy in the few "apparitions" he has in the game, BUT since everything in the game kinda circulates around people's wishes, those images we see could be Red's impression of him, even if he was puny and thin, Red could see him as big and protective, or even the reverse, maybe that was how he saw himself, or how we wanted to be seen by her. That would even explain how people didn't suspect him when he wandered around Cloudbank

Also, it's quite possible that he just looks like that, lots of adolescents that'll have immense height already look like grown-ass man by 15-16 years, anything's possible, I'm just speculating.

Shame that kojima chickened out on the real ending after 9/11 happened.

House has weapons-grade autism and is immune to mortal temptations
has 2 (two) slut robbuts
Literally infinite as long as there are idiots thinking they can "win big in Vegas"™
has it already
he's a mummy in a high-tech sarcophagus

Well thinking about it, a whole invasion might have started some weird protocol of preparing a very determined highly skilled person with no other weapon than his/her mind portal gun is technically not a weapon.
Considering the constant psychological tests of insults, guilt tripping etc… beside a phsyical and inteligence training that might kill you, this is just sci-fi bootcamp preparing you for fights that might be in abstract enviroments as well in the logical ones. Creating a survivor.

Did nothing wrong.

nah fam

Damage control
Star Wars is a pleb sic-fi universe, get over it, even i am hurt on stuff like how used is the plot armour, also too much fiction whitout the science (plasteel in the universe doesnt even have ablative properties

The devs from Star Control 2 are working on a new Star Control, they solved legal fuckery.

The only movie analysis dude I like is Rob Ager since he, god forbid, explains shit and breaks things down.

Yes, that didn't get past me (especially with all the comp sci references and "The Process" being what controls the whole city) but that still doesn't answer the questions I still have:
1) Is there something outside of the simulation that the emulated people can exist in? In a hypothetical real-Earth future where we become sufficiently good at emulating the human brain, it would be impossible for the emulated person to exit the simulation because there's no biological human for the emulated person to exist in. If this were the case, death is death and The Country would be nothing but an ancient myth to the people of Cloudbank. Alternatively, there could be robots in the real world that could hold the simulation and allow for interaction with "the real world" when a person dies in Cloudbank. We just don't know.
2) How is babby formed? Is it formed outside of the simulation? Is it formed in the simulation, and the story just so happens to never bring it up the entire time? The story strongly implies that every person in Cloudbank is unique, so it's unlikely new people are copy-pasted. We just don't know.
3) Where the hell did [REDACTED] come from, and how the hell did he get into Cloudbank? As I explained above, we just don't know.

I'm operating under the theory that he just looks like that. I reached 6" at 16, and I have a cousin who hit 6" at 14. And we don't know the actual heights of either of them. It's possible Red is just really short.
Also, I don't think that Cloudbank has body mods, or even the concept of body mods. The fashion designer designed clothing, not body parts; there's no biology study in Cloudbank; and no one has a cybernetic limb. I think people's appearances are unmodified.

Naturally, your intuition will assume that correlation implies causation; in the immortal words of Randall Munroe, "Correlation doesn't imply causation, but it does waggle its eyebrows suggestively and gesture furtively while mouthing 'look over there'." But the phrase was coined by a scientist paid by the tobacco industry to prevent the government from banning cigarettes because they appeared to cause lung cancer. The argument presented was that the studies were correlational, not causal, so it was entirely possible that instead of cigarette smoking causing lung cancer, people with a genetic disposition towards lung cancer would be attracted to smoking cigarettes, or that lung cancer and smoking were both correlated with some third causal variable (e.g. low socioeconomic status). Of course, the argument is ridiculous, but the government believed it and a causal study is literally illegal to do because giving a person a treatment you believe will have only negative effects on them is illegal.

That was mildly interesting thank you user

Yeah but it's pretty much the only scifi universe with halfway decent space-magic. excluding 40k, but the only time you control a psyker is in the RTSs, and there just aren't that many games. Not to mention the only movies are fan-made. Also the feminids are invading so it'll turn to shit in a few years.
Not to mention the alternatives are just as bad if not worse. Star Trek is just communism in space, deus ex doesn't have any space exploration and is turning towards micro transactions, Fallout basically died the second bethesda got a hold of it, and when the FUCK was the last time a Dune game was released? 2001?

tl;dr
Yes, star wars is pretty shit, but it's the best we've got right now.

The Force is just a half assed secularized Holy Spirit thing, meant to appeal to Christians and boomers who pretended not to be Christian but "spiritual". don't believe me? think of the audience they were trying to reach, mostly American in the late 70s and throughout the 80s. it is never properly described in the trilogy, basically bottom of the barrel space magic. they're fun movies but they never intended to have lore. don't tell me about the Extended, Expanded, Extravagant universe or whatever the fuck, its just fanfiction made by people with jobs.
mostly copying the Dune series and Starship Troopers (Space Marines and powersuits, tyranids). Butlerian Jihad is obviously replaced with that fedora tipping removal of religion, interesting villains and transportation system are replaced with generic cosmic horror and seven deadly sins crap. the whole God Emperor thing is ripped from Dune, its the title of the fourth fucking book.
Game's Workshop are hacks who try to sell you pieces of plastic and mostly shitty video games with a few exceptions like Dawn of War.

Dune doesn't call what it has "magic" but melange, prescience, the whole feudalist theme, genetic manipulation, the swashbuckling forced by the shield/laser and shield/worm problem etc gives it a space fantasy feel. its a lot more interesting than Star Wars, thats for sure.

Did bowser do anything wrong?

I don't remember that being a possible game result. It's up to the player to end the doctrinal conflict and therefore end the game isn't it?

The Shofixti did enough damage to the Kzer-Za when they blew up their sun that they lose the conflict. Certain things can slow down their eventual loss, such as fixing the Ultron and giving it to the Utwig, causing them and the Supox to attack the Kohr-Ah, but the Kzer-Za will always lose. You can destroy the Sa-Matra before this, though.

do any of you have that /tg/ screencap of a fatguy's campaign as a necromancer who deposed an evil king and freed the commonfolk but gets rekd as the BBEG in another party's campaign?

No. Nerds get out

reeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I know exactly the thread you're referring to

;-;
thanks user

You the real MVP.

That's not a villain, you stupid cuck.

That's why no one gives TIM any credit

I didn't know baby boomers played D&D

nigga I came in here to post that fuck you

Democracy is good when the general population is well-educated. What many people in Western societies fail to realize is that due to (((pure coincidence))) their populations are no longer well-educated.
Of course it is. The cotton boom happened for a reason: slave labor was cheap, productive, and heavily profitable.
People should work on things they want to work on. The more efficient acquiring raw material becomes, the less people need to be menial laborers in order for the society to remain stable, the more people can focus on creating new inventions, developing infrastructure, and advancing the arts and sciences.
I'm not sure what baby boomers you've interacted with, but I've generally found that "pumping the workforce full of cheap labor is good" and "people working is bad" are generally millennial beliefs.
t.on the border of millenial and Gen Z

The industrial revolution happened for a reason: slavery was generally inaccessible and frowned upon in Europe at the time, and people sought ways to replace slaves and serfs. Whatever you gain from lots of cheap labor, you gain tenfold from a reduced workforce. Necessity is the mother of invention.
True only for some (mostly white) people. The rest can focus on using their welfare check to sit on their ass or indulge in nonstop degeneracy :^)

>What many people in Western societies fail to realize is that due to (((pure coincidence))) their populations are no longer well-educated.
Oh, whites in western countries are (((educated))) well user. Kids are mandatorily forced into education, but they're taught that race is simply a matter of skin color and those nasty mean nazis killed twenty quadrillion jews and Hitler was a schizophrenic meth-addicted retard. Democracy works when the majority of people are educated, and you know who controls education? The government.
Intrinsically wrong.

I'm not going to deny that a lack of resources inspires creativity (on the contrary; I think "ability to accomplish a goal despite certain constraints" is a good definition of creativity), but it wasn't the factory workers who invented the machines, and it wasn't the slaves that invented the cotton gin (which was invented because cotton was so valuable and expensive to harvest, since it took so long for a slave to do manually and slaves were no longer being imported into the US). The only reason these inventions exist is because the people who invented them didn't need to work as menial laborers because farming and mining were already efficient enough that people could focus on other things.
Once you have the invention created due to the reduced workforce, you gain tenfold from having a tenfold-larger workforce. This is why the Industrial Revolution was a "revolution" and why the cotton boom was a "boom": because once the requisite inventions were in place, everyone decided to use them because they were so profitable.

>Oh, whites in western countries are (((educated))) well user.
Yes, they're well-(((educated))), not well-educated. That's what I said. Keep up.
What a delicious argument. Those words are truly flavorful. I recommend you eat them.

You're missing my point entirely, retard. Democracy is inherently flawed because the government has full control of education, and therefore it will always contain some measure of propaganda, flavor changing depending on who's in power. This is true for nearly all government types. The people will never be legitimately and with complete non-bias be "well educated" like you want them to, ergo any system in which the people vote is also flawed.

(((Dnyarri)))

If you buy all the historical information the Melnorme have, one of the last things they tell you is that the only mundane way to break the mind-control the Dnyarri have is extreme, torturous pain. The main reason the Ur-Quan freed themselves is because a good portion of their population inserted implants into their brains that delivered constant, extreme pain, and that combined with the thousands of years of under Dnyarri influence turned them effectively insane. That's pretty much the in-canon reason for why the Ur-Quan do most of what they do.

I mean, in the end the city got saved as he wanted, but Kitangi life and end is pure suffering.

Also kek

Democracy doesn't require public education. It operated just fine in America before compulsory public schooling existed, mainly because voting rights were restricted to rich white men aka people with a high probability of having a brain. Just because an educated populace is required doesn't mean it needs to be provided by the state.
If everyone were homeschooled, then instead of all the population being indoctrinated by whoever's in charge of the school, each member of the population would be indoctrinated by their parents, which is frankly a much better state of affairs because families are the fundamental part of civilization. See pic.

You kinda have a point, but the situation becomes a catch-22. Quality education, or fuck, education at all can't be guaranteed via homeschool; back in the day of no mandatory schooling white collar skill-requiring jobs were a lot less common

Certainly education can't be "guaranteed" by homeschool, but the fact is that education can't be guaranteed by public or private schools either. Studies show that homeschooled students do better than public or private school students in college (hslda.org/docs/news/201008030.asp). If instead of providing structured lesson plans like a school at home like the stereotypical homeschooling parent, you decide to take a completely nonchalant attitude towards education and let your kids learn for themselves ($0/year, if you get your books from the library), compared to a public school student ($10k/year) they would only be one grade level behind (see: unschooling.pdf).
I recommend you read this blogpost; it comes at the problem from a classical-liberal-democrat point of view, but I feel it's the best overview of the problem with current education, with the math-focused overview of Lockhart's Lament (also attached) being a close second: slatestarcodex.com/2014/05/23/ssc-gives-a-graduation-speech/

I think you're onto something. Where do the Melnorme and Druuge fit into this though?

The Druuge are also jews, just retarded ones. The Melnorme actually go to great lengths to ensure that their deals are fair on both parties so they don't really fit as jews.

Why fucking bother with anything anymore?

Thanks for posting this, I had never expected there to be a good explanation for the Reapers since ME1 and its refreshing to know that their existence was justified at one point, though also frustrating that this idea went to waste.

nice dubs, but 40k is already anita'd. It was our last hope.

The game has a time limit. If it runs out the Khor-ah wins the doctrinal conflict, and the Kzer-za flee. Then the Khor-ah will start wiping races out, and if they make it to Earth you lose. You can do things to delay this, and the time limit is fairly generous. One of thr fun things is sending them on a goose chase trying to exterminate the Ilwrath.