Living environments

Let's talk about games that have living environments and recommend each other some games of that type. What exactly do I mean? Well mostly I mean games that are true sandboxes, not the GTA type sandboxes where you are locked into a city where your actions have no consequences on the state of the city. I mean games that create living environments for you to play in, influence or just watch develop on their own if you wish so. Games that might or might not have goals but if they do, they also give you a lot of freedom in the ways of accomplishing such goals. I'm talking about games that are not centered around story but around giving the player the ability to interact with a virtual environment where he solves problems his own way, leading to creation of individual stories specific only to the player. And I'm not talking about the "open world, procedurally generated" shit either although those games might overlap, I'm talking about games in which you can REALLY influence the conditions of the game world.

A few examples of such games would be:
>To a certain extent The Sims although it's a casual example

Anyone knows more games like that? Those have a lot of replay value and I've been starving to play something like that.

OpenTTD and other management games often change stuff over time.

Fable, but only insofar with characters reacting to you

Haven't played one of these in a while I should but one that comes to mind is X3TC/AP where you could have a lot of fun wrecking havoc in the universe once you made it out of the grinding phase at the start.

NiGHTS is supposed to have them but they're basically glorified Chaos.

Are there any games with active eco systems? Say you kill all the foxes the rabbits will become out of control until a new predator moves in sort of thing.

Spore

Creatures

I really fucking wanted a game where I can go from city to city, peddling some crafts and solving some problems, without some bullshit about saving the world taking place.
A world where the player is not everything, and things happen regardless of our actions

A true immersive world would be great, yes. The player always shows up just when a quest is to be given. You could ignore one village for I don't know, 100 in-game days, show up and their problems are still there when players can go there day 1.

although it is one example, I have to say it is really bad game

but another example I can give you is
really organic universe expanding on its own, but most 4x/grand strat can be said like that

I thought about that, but not really right, everything remains somewhat the same as you age

also keeping in an eye on thread, interesting feature to have

Star Control 2? It's more scripted than dynamic, but your actions have a large impact on the galaxy.

play mount and blade as a merchant then

get wanged

The fuck is this?

Not single player, but Eve Online. Don't have to be a group effort either. Sometimes individuals can completely shift the course of large groups without having to join or commit to anything.

Managed to force a group of like 60 players to evacuate an entire region after I waged a guerilla war against them, hired someone on the side to help me run a con, then stole assets from them valued at $300 irl. That's freedom right there. You make an impact and player run empires change and evolve.

Spellforce 1. A minor gimmick, but each workers you assigned to buildings can be seen doing actual labours, not just disappeared into a building and come out with stuffs in hands. You can actually see them hammering on the anvil, squatting down and lift up some woods from the pile, wood gatherers actually walk in and gently put down more woods to the pile, etc.

Look up "Shoppe Keep", although be warned that it's essentially ancient youtuber-bait from before youtuber-bait was a thing

Why do gays like mmos so much? That's a rhetorical question.
Shoo shoo nasty jew, your kind is not wanted here

A game called Creatures, I think it was on PS1.

So immersive sims…!

tfw actually bi. not a jew tho.

They can come out as gay and be flamboyant faggots and nobody can hurt them for doing so

Artificial life simulator, each Creature has it's own biology, neural network and genome that in every version of the game was left buggy and unfinished by the devs

Rain World

Kenshi
Kingdom Come Deliverance (maybe?)

Not quite but semi related:
Consortium
Age of Decadence

I'd rather play recettear again, both games have dead worlds however.

It feels like all games with living worlds are either Dwarf Fortress or 4X games, but dwarf fortress is WAY TOO AUTISTIC, or you simply can't play the small guy, you have to be the empire leader.

Port Royale 2 is up your alley.
Is there any comfy game with a story about traveling the world and solving small-scale problems like murder mysteries, solving conflicts between families/villages and so on and so forth? Bonus point for it being in animu stylistic but it doesn't have to be.

Dwarf Fortress doesn't have the mechanics that are supposed to allow you to trade as an adventurer yet. Adventure mode is largely unfinished.

Some Dragon Quest games have that, you go from village to village with stories not really related between them. I think Elona has that too, but I didn't play much of it

You're dropped in a galaxy full of captains who do stuff just like you, some merchant get blasted and all his cargo is dropped? better get them fast before another captain get them. And if you pick them up before them, they'll remember, and they're gonna kick your ass next time you meet

Space Pirates & Zombies 2, but I didn't liked it very much, the combat and ship design was kinda boring

Vanilla SR2 and SR2 Reloaded are both better than that shit heap with memes.

Not sure if Zelda: Majora's Mask fits your definition, but its world certainly feels alive and your actions have consequences on how characters there live out their… three days.

Hardwar has a real economy and traders, and playing around with supply can screw things up. The world and combat are okay, but I don't like trading that much.

Speaking of trading games where you can ruin the economy, M.U.L.E is an even more economy focused game, albeit with a funnier tone. People have said that it's actually a good way to teach someone how economy works, but once again I didn't like it just because I don't like trading.

bump

Hope you're playing with Litcube's for maximum space jew simulation.

The way the Segaris glows in the dark makes me rock hard. It is objectively the most sexy ship in the game.

Did you try the Hunter mode yet? It's fucking brutal. Hope all of the journalists who begged for an easy mode enjoy Monkcat, though, I did a whole playthrough in that mode this evening. God help them if they don't play it as a pacifist.

Drox Operative

that game is half decent, but it's pretty much an ARPG but in space.

It's actually shit but the idea is great. Worth a pirate just to for that. Same goes for Din's Curse.
If only the hack'n'slash part wasn't so bad.