The forests and foliage in general looks better in a mario game than in zelda

How did this happen?

Because anime is always low-budget garbage.

because it's a smaller game that wasn't released on multiple consoles

Uhh okay?

ZELDA IS NOT ANIME!

It's getting there.

Zelda is a generation older, has an intentionally different art style (making everything shiny and plastic wouldn't work as well for a Zelda game), And it's a huge open world game with no loading screens on the overworld.

I understand all of this, but the trees in BotW are still kinda high poly, just badly made. They look like they are from 2004.

Zelda was a shitty anime for a good decade thanks to Aonuma.

They look like trees to me. That spike with leaves on it tree in the Mario pic is more awkward looking.

Reported.

Are your eyes working, OP?
Zelda seems better to me. Mario is full of 2d cardboard grass textures lumped around on the ground. Both your mario pics make it evident

it was always a cartoon you fucking dweebs

Tom Preston out.

When is nintendo finally going to admit that the cartoons are canon?

EX HUUUUUU EZ ME
princess

other game

ALL OF THE DAY BRO

Cry me a river, fatty.

That's why I don't like 'em. Cakefags.

I think you're on the wrong board then friendo

Anime is cartoons too

Grass looks a lot better in BOTW but if you want a reason, it's because BOTW was designed for the WiiU but Odyssey was designed for the Switch.

Different scale. The woods are way larger in Mario game, so even with spaced out trees if feels like a thicker forest.

Also due to some design limitations things like thick grass (would make spotting dropped items way harder) wouldn't work as well in Zelda.

Another thing, very large foresty plots may be boring to navigate hence they're kept smaller.

CEL SHADING
There. You're welcome.

Great question. Makes me wonder why Aonuma directed BoTW and not you, OP.

You don't understand what is an art style, do you?

You're just looking for trouble, aren't you?

whats wrong with that anime, user? it was fun to watch.

Wow, Nintendo's really gone back to their N64 3D roots.

I didn't even have that in mind, wew laddy.

You have no evidence.

The ultimate evidence is westaboos and weeaboos. The vicious circle, snake eating it's own tail. At least they do a better job preserving our mythology and history than the west at this point. They never would have gotten the idea of men in machines without us, for one.

Watch how this puts every yellow fellow in heat. Being fellow samurai and distant-distant volk. A big toot. Ain't no white man safe in the jungle, but now how you think.

Because the Forrest area in odyssey is like 1/100th the size of the forests in zelda and odyssey didn't have to be made to run on the wii u?

get fucked goon

Is the wii u so fucking underpowered even a tablet has more power?

Wouldn't be a that big of a problem if Zelda's environments were made with culling in mind, but most of it is flat and uninteresting to traverse.

Different artstyles and one game was originally made for the Wii U.
Sage for shit thread and wasted dubs.

Mario is much smaller scale than Zelda

It's a Nintendo console that launched in 2012, that was using generation old tech even then, so yes.

these
/thread
faggot

Wii U. now fuck off

Both are plain boring games. Nintendo doesn't make fun challenging games anymore they make dumb casualized shit for normalfags and kids. My young brother who cried because he finally got to play Odyssey finally came to terms with how shit the game is.

Mario Odyssey looks like a dog ate crayons until it died and was then immediately cremated.

BotW was rushed and shit. Even autogenerated speedtree forests in Unity look better than BotW's lazy copypaste. I could deal with it having awful graffix, but the gameplay was similarly rushed. I assume Nintendo moved everyone who knew what they were doing to the Odyssey team and Zelda got the interns and women.

They needed to game ready for the Switch launch.

Literally worse than $35 asset packs for Unity. lol.

Criticism is one thing, but the images posted were quite clearly trying to compare BotW to an artistic style it wasn't even trying to reach. There are plenty of valid points (like all the ones you just posted) that are stronger to stand on and criticize than saying it's not good at looking like something it wasn't trying to look like.

lol i just had this super nasty ass fart