When did video games die for you?

When did video games die for you?
I look at the entire catalog of games that have come out in the last 6 months and everything looks like fucking shit.
i have no interest in playing anything that is an advertised AAA game , NEET anime games are a no because fuck the japanese, and 'indie' games are just scams that will never get finished.

What do you do when you realize the medium you have invested all your free time in; for your whole life is just shit?

If you don't already have a collection of beloved games that you can repeatingly play over and over again for the rest of your life, then you have fucked up.

I'd suggest making a tumblr and blogging some impromptu poetry. Maybe fake cutting yourself for attention.

basically, mid-2000's all games went to shit

What you do is realize that you had fun playing all those games and that perhaps you need to get a new hobby.

It's bloody obvious you momentous retard, stop being a bitch about it.

i guess, ive been shifting from video games to children's cartoons for quite a while now, i enjoy being autistic over those much more than bidya

When everything became brown and bloom

My problem with games is that i can't get finish them because i either forget about them, or too lazy to even launch them.
I have some games completed, like Peter Jackson's King Kong game one, but now the only games i complete is mostly short ones or - may Holla Forums forgive for uttering this word - (((art))) or (((2deep4u))) games.

Large parts of vidya died for me with the death of MMOs. The rest dies everytime a good franchise is discontinued halfway through or killed through incompetence. Something good always comes along each gen but companies seem intent to ruin things faster and faster. 6th gen especially is guilty of this, having seemingly excellent concepts and in some cases early games in franchises being pretty good but devs and publishers murder the fuck out of them within a few years. It doesn't matter anymore because I don't play games until a year or so after release, when you can be sure all DLC is out for easy pirating.

You've got to find another hobby fam.
Video games died around 2007, the reanimated body finally went down in 2010, and beaten corpse had finally decomposed by 2012. Take up drawing or programing or electronics, fucking anything but VIDEO GAMES. Video games are to be remembered and cherished as they were, not as they are.

After Fallout New Vegas. That was the last game I thoroughly enjoyed. Now I play mmos to kill the time.

Vidya hasn't died for me yet, still got plenty of games to play.

Old games, new games.

When I first looked at Steam Greenlight. That thing was the death of the craft, like Dadaism was to real art.

So? Glorifying the past won't help the future.

Look around you and decide what future you have,

When I learnt that people actually pay for Season Passes.

Worse, they beg for it.

Mr.MattyPlay made a video criticizing Bethesda for upping the price of its Season Pass and it was heavily disliked even when he said that he still think that the Season Pass was a good deal.

There are still good games, but now that it's been so Hollywoodized it's more like Hollywood movies now: some decent projects and a few gems here and there to be found among an ocean of shit. Nier: Automata and Sleeping Dogs were both good, even though

Say what you will SE but their games have remained solid. People give SE way too much shit imo while Activision/Blizzard and Ubisoft don't get as much of it as they deserve.

This. My backlog is obscenely huge. No doubt in my mind I will die before finishing it. Even if I do, enough time will have passed that replaying all my favorites will basically be like playing a new game. That's not even taking mods into account either. The massive flops of big AAA titles and the huge backlash against lootboxes is giving me a small amount of hope that things might get better though.

I used to autistically screech about how games were getting shorter, but now I honestly think that 5-7 hours is the perfect length as opposed to the 20-40 of the past. Alot of those longer games were padded with really half assed levels and awful grinding to stretch out game time anyway, I would much rather they cut the fat and make it great from start to finish.