Since we're never going to get another Battle Network game, what else is there that can scratch the same itch?

Since we're never going to get another Battle Network game, what else is there that can scratch the same itch?

I played The World Ends With You a while ago and was surprised by how much it reminded me of BN. Probably a combination of the visuals, the pin collecting, minor deck building, and the similarities between the noise and viruses.

Don't even really know how to describe what I'm looking for, but some kind of collecting aspect, a good combat system, lots of postgame content and good secrets, something that feeds my completionist addiction, etc.

I tried it, hated it. Something else.

Other urls found in this thread:

nyaa.pantsu.cat/view/981233
8ch.net/secretarea/index.html
megamanbattle.network/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Also no Star Force, I already played em all and they're inferior anyway.

There were more than six games released during less than ten years, what else do you want?

More. I've played them all. Where's the confusion?

Even the Japan only one?

Turrible, just turrible.

Drills alone do not redeem the whole game, user. I like Star Force a lot, but Battle Network is still better.

Which, 4.5 Real Operation, or the Network mobile games? Do any of them have complete-enough translation patches? Because my moon runes aren't good enough to play a game raw yet.

4.5 and this one

As long as you acknowledge the glory of Luna's drills your heresy is forgiven.

Also, I don't really think there's a game that'll scratch the Battle Network itch outside of just replaying 1-3. There's also Operation Shooting Star which is a lazy remake of the first game.

Barely a remake; the built-in maps aren't much of a bonus when I can just pull up better ones on my browser anyway, and the extra chapter isn't worth another playthrough of 1.

Oh shit, didn't know the wonderswan game was translated. Not quite what I was thinking in terms of gameplay, but I'll never say no to a new megaman game.

Revolution 60

Maybe Medabots.
Guild Wars 1 isn't really a traditional deck style game, but the skills and collecting them are nearly the same as cards, you just don't randomly draw them and instead slot them into your skill bar outside of combat areas.

Buying the .EXE Mii costume in Sm4sh

Honestly with how close we are to achieving the world of MMBN I wonder if that's the reason why we won't see a new entry in the series.

We've achieved it except the shit in the computers just spies on you for the benefit of corporations and government.

Until we have netnavis with souls we will not have achieved it.

Did you play the Chrono X demo? Did you watch every season of the anime?

Know any decent torrents for the anime?

So we're living in the MMBN universe? Well shit.

nyaa.pantsu.cat/view/981233

Is that game the Tails' Adventure of the MMBN series?

Don't make me crash another thread.

There's no backtracking so no. Not that there's any point to it in Tails' Adventure either.

Why didn't you like Chain of Memories? I fucking hate the kingdom hearts setting and characters but I really enjoyed the gameplay.

Well Kingdom Hearts is pretty fucking gay, that's always a reason.

How come I never heard of this before?

Don't be so negative user! We'll get another Battle Network game some day right?

The fuck is this.

You don't play enough videogames.

Fuck you too.

Hey guys, out of curiosity…Which Battle Network anime was the one where May doesn't wear any panties? Is it the same in the dub or did they censor it?

Are you offended because I pointed out that you don't emulate enough shit?

Woops, wrong pic.

Dang, that's a bit bigger than I expected. Guess I need to clear up some room. Thanks for the help and enjoy some official lewd art of a possibly yandere drills.

I don't emulate japanese games but I do emulate a lot of shit.

Why would you do this

I think so too, it's one of the stupidest series I've ever encountered. I just really enjoyed Chain of Memories.

There's a bit more shit that's not too shit if you wade through the moonrunes a little bit.

What are the must plays in the Exe series?

Who cares about that bitch when there's this sexy beast on the prowl

I think there's a forehead on your girl.

MMBN2 and MMBN3
MMBN6
MMBN1 and MMBN5
MMBN4

Oh shit I meant, nevermind. I suck at telling jokes.

2,3, and 6 I guess. People enjoy 5 for being less shit than 4, and 1 is completely skippable if you don't care for it.

That was funnier than the joke would have been.

Her eyelids are foreheads.

I knew what you meant. But you can't tell me you don't want to jizz on that forehead

God damn it user

I'm afraid it'd jizz back.

What do you think an adult Yai would look like?

For those who aren't aware, check out this board - it's kinda dead, but maybe some interest can spur whoever the dev was into continuing their BN project.
8ch.net/secretarea/index.html

She doesn't have a penis hole on her forehead, guy. It's perfectly smooth and shiny.

which version of 6?

Yai is pretty hot though, how old was she again

She was 8, but she was also a genius and the most mature.

Fictional characters don't have age.

You mean Falzar vs. Gregar, or US vs. JP? I remember liking Falzar more, I never got around to playing the fan translation of the original.

She was designed to be an eight year old. She is designated by the story and the other characters as an eight year old. She is eight years old. That doesn't mean jerking off to her is in any way comparable to raping an eight year old child, but it does mean she is eight years old. When I am asked how old she is I will reply "she is eight".

On that note, try the couple of downloads on the board - they're just a short BN style battle but hyper fast and, well, nostalgic I guess.

Also check out the games Tri-Wing (think it's dead, Jim) and Endcycle (seems to be alive), kind of modern BN style games.

I meant Falzar vs Gregar, and that's good to know. I just won a bid on a copy.

One last thing, a collaboration of various BN projects for those who are interested:
megamanbattle.network/

The Japanese translation hack adds back the Boktai content that they ripped out.

tfw This music will never be truly appreciated.

Luna a cute.

No, we're there.

There's a 2hu parody of MMBN. Look up Shanghai.EXE

Oh I'm aware, I think I have the translated ROM sitting in my files, I just never got around to playing that version. I never played Boktai anyway so I don't know if I'd really appreciate it.

Isn't there a romhack of BN6? I remember someone here linked a webm

its said that those who fall asleep wrapped in lunas drills will wake up inside of the other drill reborn as a loli

Drills a shit.

Holy shit, those drills.

>>>/gulag/

I can't like drills ever since my grandfather saw my exwaifu and said only men should have payot.

Iceman.exe could be cuter.

Is there any such thing as a monstergirl with giant drills with their own set of internal organs, mainly a hair-pussy, because I would fuck the Shit out of that.
Oh, and can there also be a yuri rape scene with a Scylla, so we can get some tentacles(literally) up in this bitch.

So you be sayin
uses 1900 damage air hock set up
So wait you be sayin
Activates 1200 megachip
So wait hol up you be saying
Activates darkness soul becoming literally untouchable
Ayy wait up you be sayin
top decks 3 area grabs since you can run 9/30
So excuse me but ya be sayin
Activates eraseman
So go be saying
Stacks stun on EX cannon causing for TOD off a common spammable PGA
AYYYYYYY so hol it, ya be sayin
activates Geddon 3
way a min ya be sayin
sets up eyeball while you're stuck on magnet pancels causing it to do retarded damage due to the forced movement
WE WUZ GUD GAIYMS 'n SHEEEEEIT
Starforce was a more balenced around multiplayer game while BN let you pull off miles of retarded combos that could OTK anything and actually had tournaments hosted by capcom for it in japan, 3 is hands down the best portable game ever when it had online interaction
**The only excuse for BN being better is muh side view, ignoring all the additional movement options in SF. *

I don't want to try Starforce because of the unnecessary shitty 3D for the actual battling instead of just making a better still sprite based Battle Network.

Does it not occur to you at all that using sprites doesn't mean that you have to stick to one series? Do you just think that all games before 3D became a thing were all part of the same series?

Anyway, if you think that low quality 3D is better than timeless pixel art, you're a true pleb.

If there's "spritefags", I'm shamelessly one of them.

And it's the almost 3rd person shooter shit in an empty panel battlefield I can't stand looking at and are talking about. They should have made like a 3D arena to move around on because my impression is Battle Network with worse graphics just for "muh 3D".

I'd screencap that if you didn't fuck up that last spoiler. Maybe next thread.

Japanese version of autism.

Nice

Spacing

dude

did

you

learn

it

from

Reddit_Comp
No but ending it on a conclusive note means time to move on.
LMAO, look at it with something other than a blurry GBA screen.

Like seriously man play the game, you'll ignore it when you actually get to the playing game part, make sure you set camera to dynamic.

I actually did 3 asterisks and must have then deleted 2 when I tried to fix it.

Let me look at some gameplay again and give it more thought.

I'll watch it in Japanese to not spoil anything.

Good source of footage would be the "Wave Masters Tournament" if you need a place to look.

Lost kingdoms 1+2 "kinda" has that feel.
Really it''s not that close, but not very many games have that sort of gameplay style.

Alright, thanks. Didn't know it had a transformations gimmick, so that caught my attention.

Krillin as a grill?

And she's still a sexy motherfucker!

That's Krillin crossdressing

An actually good series of games

Where are his eyebrows then? Krillin couldn't hope to imitate the sublime figure of the Lady Yai

I don't understand anything

That's illegal people, can't do that

Gee, Brain, what do you want to do tonight?

Post rare Luna's

mr prog

even looks

like the

reddit guy

I'm pretty certain Battle Network predates Reddit

You are fucking stupid

He's fucking wrong though, idiot.

By more than four years.

We are the Undernet

What a fag.

Alright, new question/refined version of the original one. While I like just about everything about the BN games, I think the thing I have a real hankering for right now is the chip collecting aspect, and specifically how it ties into the viruses, what with viruses dropping unique chips and chips emulating virus attacks. So what games do things like this, namely let you use enemy powers, and have some way to collect them all? Anything along the lines of Battle Network, Castlevania: Aria/Dawn of Sorrow, most mon games, Medabots, etc. Not like Kirby, where you can only have one at a time, but specifically games where you can collect enemies or their powers. I've heard good things about the DQ:M series, do I need to have played other Dragon Quest games first?

DQ:M, and there predecessors. Dragon Warrior Monsters, are more akin to SMT and Pokemon. Good games though. They're each their own independent games for the most part using the same engine. If you do decide to get into them, I'd recommend you start with the GBC ones before doing Caravan for GBA. The DS ones are so-so, but are entirely in 3D, so they've got that weird N64 Pokemon Colosseum feel to it, which you can either love or hate

Have you considered SMT?

I've played loads of SMT, it's one of my favorite series. Still a similar issue though, where once you're finished with your demons they're gone. The Compendium is kind of okay, but it never felt as satisfying to fill out as a pokedex, and I never felt compelled to get every demon, especially not in the older titles. The SMT gameplay is far superior to pokemon, but no other series has ever compelled me to try to 100% complete it like the pokemon games have.

theres not much of a collection aspect to it but one of my favorite parts of the first 2 paper mario games is recruiting what you usually knew as "bad guys".

Since we're making all these comparisons, what would BN interpretation of our world look like?

Those dumbasses where so predictable, not a single one of em where good at the game. Wanna know how I used to beat them in spite of their usual 1500 hp lead? Build you deck with invis chips and always block at the start of the round. Since their entire deck is full of nothing but mega chips that can't shield break you usually end up stopping their first chip, then you wait for the second and invis. Having aura and holy field also helps, since most of their ships are weak power multi hitters and the holy field negates the tribe king double attack power passive. Then hit em with w/e chips you want. You only have to last three turns for them to be completely fucked cause they cant do shit once the tribe king transformation runs out and at that point your own tribe king should be up and you can bomb them intro oblivion.
The third one was far more balanced than 2. especially since they removed that code bullshit from the English release.

So… 3 undisputedly has the best aftergame, right? The only thing that comes even remotely close in length was BN4's Shitty NewGame+ where you had to play the game 3 times to really "beat" it.

Lost Kingdoms does this to a T.
Phantasy Star online ep 3 is kinda this if you have ever played ep 1+2.
Gatcha force in like that in a sense, you can unlock and recruit every (sort of) unit you face in the game and they all have their own mostly unique style of play, it's actually quite impressive since there is something like 205 units in the game.

Skip to about 7 min into the video if you wanna see what lost kingdoms combat is like.

It only qualifies if you liked 5 to begin with, but there were three entire liberation missions hidden behind the final boss, and two full hidden areas. I loved 5 and the liberation missions so I'd say it comes close, but it still doesn't beat Secret Area.

funny, I'm actually playing through the first Paper Mario right now and was appreciating the same thing. Building a relationship with or otherwise fleshing out the enemies is one of my favorite tropes in games.

Wait scratch that, Nebula was just one big area. It's split in two by the second darkness portal though, and I think there's 6 screens total, so it's still hefty.

Holy shit, that actually does look really neat. I thought I knew about most of FromSoft's titles, but that one's new to me. I'll definitely check it out.

Moon-Drills was alright, but Sonia was the best girl. Now that I think about it she was probably my first waifu. Ever.
Honestly the thing I liked least about her was her being an idol.

It's too bad every single character in 2 was horrendous

Who's item did you save in 3?
I cheated and saved just before the cutscene, tested all three choices, then chose Bud, the only true choice.

t. I never played 2 or 3

4 is the only bad BN game. 1 is mediocre at worst, 5 is good, 2 is great, and 3 and 6 are damn incredible. Meanwhile 3 is the only consistently good SF game.

Disgusting otaku pandering.

Where's the fucking sexy Yai merchandise?

Well I can tell you where the port would be.

Are you kidding me? Have you SEEN her hairline? She's got a forehead as wide as a niggers wrap sheet is long. Not to mention she's got a bad attitude. Besides there are so many better girls to choose from! Just look at some of them!

And I haven't even mentioned some of the NetNavi, if you're into the AI womens.
also I don't know why that last post was spoilered. It wasn't supposed to be.

And yet Yai remains the most desirable