Unconventional Fast games

Hello, I want to go fast.
But I also don't want to play driving/running/flying game dedicated solely to going fast, because usually that means there is nothing else to do or it's the central accent of the game, like racing games or sonic games.
Rather I want a traditional game, action or otherwise, that just happens to let you go at accelerated speed, compared to most other games.
Does such game exist?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_6syNv5xfxo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Half Life if you abuse the physics system I guess. Or one of those multiplayer arena shooters that involve bunnyhopping and shit. Xonotic for instance.

Oh right I'm aware such thing exist.
To be honest it's a bit too much busy work for mild increase in speed for my tastes.
I understand that it's essential for pro players, but for some casual fun I'd like something less stressful.

How about emulating a regular game and increasing the emulation speed?

If I recall correctly, Xonotic generally has a higher acceleration compared to other AFPS and you get feedback on it with an accelerometer enabled on the HUD. That feature generally isn't available often in other games, and its fairly easy to notice room for improvement. For HL there's rapid mouse movement because acceleration comes from turning in air. The mechanism is different for Xonotic and generally doesn't involve as much action.

If that clears anything up.

The Mega Man Zero series is an iteration of the Mega Man formula with melee combat, which encourages going fast, relative to similar games. Going fast is technically optional, but the scoring system heavily favors those who go fast, which directly affects your ability progression, so you either go fast or get shit on.

Perhaps Morowing and Oblivion with speed potions/hacks?
The music from this video, reminded me of the Jedi Outcast and Academy games, where you can also go fast/slow down time(it's a matter of perspective) using the force, and it's not build for that, but rather one of the many force powers in the game that you can use.

You can go really fast in Jak and Daxter if you know how to abuse the rolling movements.

There was some fps where a game mechanic was that you entered some sliding mode while you shot at enemies. I think the name started with a v. Anyone know what I mean? It was an average game

Vanquish.

Yeah that's it, thank you. Seems like what op wants, a game of a genre that "let's you go faster than typical for that genre". I never played it but I do believe it was pretty average / on the short side but what fps isnt

play 2d saaanic you dumb faget

Titanfall 2. The bunnyhop is extremely easy to use and it's really fast
A great example starts 10 minutes in the embed.

I don't know if you would call Cloudbuilt conventionally fast. It's ostensibly a time attack game, but it's also less about going fast than navigating open-ended environments and taking shortcuts.
However, if you get into the autism of it and use techniques like corner jumps, you can just fucking zip across the map, much faster than you think you can playing the game casually.
I will, however, say it's frustratingly hard and confusing on some levels.

You mean quake?

Mechwarrior 2 using Directional Jump Jets.

this is mildly unconventional

Dude that's like every fucking video game except turn based RPGs

Caster is pretty fast, but it's fucking short though.

You could try surfing on Counter-Strike. Similar to bunnyhopping except easier (in my opinion) and you feel the speed much more

Like CPMA?

Super House of Dead Ninjas
Ubermosh
Doom and Duke Nukem 3D
grindframe

Caster is a small hidden gem. It's nothing special, really, but you won't forget it.

You can bunnyhop very easily in the first Thief game.

Marvel vs Capcom 2, when played at a high level, is all about abusing movement mechanics.

Vanquish sounds like it'd be your style

Umihara kawase has very satisfying speed and the game is built in a way that it intends you to ultinately get that good but doesn't entirely require it. It uses the in game timer to incentivize fast play.

You will laugh now, but KSP allows you to go pretty fucking fast if you know how.
Step 1: install FAR
Step 2: install realistic engines and fuels
Step 3: install procedural tanks and wings
Step 4: install BD armoury

Now all you need to do is set a task for yourself, like transporting 1 Kerbal to the pole as fast as possible. Of course you could built an ICBM, but you could also limit yourself to using no parachutes for landing, or not going higher than 50.000 or 10.000 meters. You can even program autopilots to keep your trajectory for you using kOS.
You can put up some very hard challenges for yourself, and continuously improve your design, or scrap it all, make it harder and start over.
Just pirate the game, since the devs are shit and abandoned the game long ago.

Doom/Quake

Here are two you might like OP. I really wish there were more scrolling shooters like them.

Not with that shit level design and enemy placement and small viewing area to lure you into spike traps it sure doesn't.

Play the SNES X games if you wanna go fast.

Try accelerator

Seconding Tittyfall 2. It's a decent CoD clone with Virtual-On mechs you can hop in. Not to mention you can slide around and use grappling hooks to go fast as fuck.

Quake 1-4
youtube.com/watch?v=_6syNv5xfxo

Its literally the only good if not great cover based shooter because you dont use cover. And its third person, not FPS

E.Y.E. Divine Cybermancy
You're slow at first but once you spend some points in your legs, you can go really fast.

Morrowind is pretty easy to break too and end up going super quick.

Healer nigger in overwatch can go fast

The Suguri series
technically a bullet hell shmup, but you have a dash move and are encouraged to move rapidly all over the screen while shooting things.

one time I went so fucking fast that I literally died. I remember it like it was just last week, actaully I'm impressed that I remember it at all because I'm literally fucking dead. Anyways it was during the middle of the 'Great Jew March of 1815' when molasses broke out of the holding tanks we were making those cunts drag along the ground. I was so mad that I snapped all of my fingers off and called for Satan to unleash a horde of Jerry Seinfelds to cut their toes off while fingering their own buttholes, however, the little demons that were doing the deeds did not have enough arms to complete the task sucessfully, so they resorted to going for the nads, but became lost inside the hairy remnants of the jewish anus. Basically, the Jews complained so my wife forced me to give them all Christmas trees, howeverr, this was a backhanded gift since all ofthe trees were filled with small trojans, who impregnated all ofthe Jew wives, this went directly againts YAWEHs teachings, but the husband didn't know. Baiscally, all modern Jews aren't Jews at all and are just my descendents.
Sonic is a Mexican beep boop go fuck yourself.

Is there any good exploring/platforming fast first-person game ?
I didn't finish Lemma but I liked what I played of it.
I have done everything in SEUM: Speedrunners from Hell and loved everything in it.
I didn't play a lot of DeadCore but I liked the concept but was bored by the few first levels.
Does anyone know about other games like these ?

Prototype (first one, second one is gay). Action game resembling the open-world Spiderman games. Holy shit does the protagonist move fast once your speed is fully upgraded. Like Neo in the Matrix fast.

My nigga. Vanquish is a fucking great game, and the PC port is actually good.

Titanfall 2 deserves way more recognition than it gets. What a fucking great game.

memories live on

STARSIEGE WAS FASTER FUCK YOU

CPMA is a balance mod for Quake 3, yeah.

Midair when?

I hope Hi Rez fucking burns to the ground and those responsible for what happened to Ascend feel nothing but pain

Is midair going to let the players have custom maps? Ascend was hot garbage without renegades. I don't think I'll ever lament the death of Ascend because it was already a huge departure from the design philosophy of Tribes 1 and 2, even before the speed cap.

If you don't mind buggy, shitty games TES or FO past the 2nd one with some mods or console commands will let you go fast.

Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age lets you play at accelerated 4x speed.

Surprised this wasn't posted yet.

Play C&C on the fastest speed setting: FPS uncapped
Bonus points if you play it on multiplayer FFA.