Weird Console Problems

ITT post weird problems you've had with consoles
I tried playing on my friend's genesis and the problem's only with mine

probably a bad trace somewhere or cold joints. Not hard to fix.

Curious. You may want to ask about this over at Sega-16, as there are a great many people familiar with the hardware of Sega systems.
My weirdass problem is with my Atari XEGS. When I press the return key while in the BASIC environment, the whole system locks up. The return key works normally when in the keyboard test screen, and doesn't lock anything up when pressed in a game or in other test screens. I suspect the BASIC ROM is fucked up, but I have no means of confirming this.

a lot of those old microcomputers have ROM chips that go bad. Look up common points of failure in the system and you can likely fix it by replacing the hardware for a few dollars and even secure its future existence with some cheap heatsinks.

How would you fix it? I can't log into Sega-16 for some reason

Open the controller and clean the board, it probably has graphite rubbed off on it

How are they worse than 32X?
You don't need the original PS4/Xbone to use them.
Its essentially a model 2 equivalent.

This fucking board nowadays, I swear to fucking God

It's not the controller, I've established it works on another genesis

you really don't know how bad the 32x is.

yeah, maybe you should leave you faggot console warrior.

Whatever, something like the fucking Expansion Pak would be highly superior to the kike tier shit we have now.
Fellate a gun shill

ATARI XE BASIC ROM chips are as rare as rocking horse shit.

They locked off auto-registration, which requires moderators to approve everyone individually, due to pedobots spamming a while back. If you provide your username, I can ask in the HAY PLZ ACTIVATE THIS ACCOUNT thread.

Actually my mega drive also has a problem. Some garbage pixels are being rendered in a line right at the edge of the screen. I couldn't tell whether it was because i was using it with a HDTV, though.

hi gamezard

this is just artifacts that are very common in a lot of older games. You don't remember them because on your childhood CRT they were hidden in the overscan. Also why you should play these games on CRTs only.

Enjoy your ban you cuckchan tier fuck

keep trying to derail gamezard, this isn't a thread about console wars like you want it to be, this is a thread about problems and technical support.

>>>/reddit/

Nice ID hop

Scratched Switch tablets. :^)

I don't understand

Sega controllers are backwards compatible but not forwards compatible. Why would you want to use that square ass bullshit anyway?

I used them on a friend's genesis and they worked just fine. It's also easier than sometimes hitting a button that literally does nothing
Plus it feels comfier for Wonder Boy