Games you hate with a burning passion

What are some games that make you absolutely fucking despise other people who play games?
For me, it would have to be this fucking pile of garbage. Every time I see this masterpiece of trite, I think back to what it killed to get where it is.
Surf: Dead
Multigame: Dead
Deathmatch: Dead
Deathrun: Dead
Any sense of community: Dead
For what, a shitty matchmaking system filled with 12 year olds with daddies wallet and a system that fucks you over for stuff not even directly linked to the game.
archive.is/NDWPJ

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/KIsZN
steamspy.com/app/10#tab-geo
moddb.com/mods/abandon-the-town.
moddb.com/mods/hev-mark-vi.
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Over this games lifetime valve went from a somewhat decent company to an absolute pile of shit. You can argue this is where the lootbox shit started to.

Fire Emblem Heroes/Warriors/Fates players
Assfaggots players
CoD/Ubishit/EA players of any kind
Basically anyone who contributes to the ultimate cancers of the gaming industry.
Fuck them all

Man I loved those custom skins/models that people worked on in CS and Source. When my buddy was talking to me about CSGO I asked if people still worked on cool skins.

"Oh yeah dude, check this out."

I was like "wtf is this garbage?"
Then I got my answer when someone gifted it to me and I started playing it. I don't care if the 1% pro players enjoy it, this version of CS is flat-out trash.

Mario is just CoD with a 2 year cycle instead of 1.

Cape > Flying Hat > Tail > Squrriel suit are all the same item

multiple generic fireball gimmicks.

New Mario is just an expansion pack for Mario 3 and 3D mario are just Mario 64 expansion packs.

Sunshine is the one exception and people hate it for not spoon feeding them more of the same mario.

It sucks. There's still design space and instead they make another cape skin.

Not to mention

Dull, repetitive, ugly and overrated.

How is it like Skyrim?

Open world > Skyrim, don't you know? It beats having an argument.

Deus Ex
>let me lecture you on (((economics))) for 5 minutes

It's not that. It's the cancer inherit in competitive games. Everyone plays to grind their rank which means nothing, rather than play for fun. Then it just becomes a habit and they endlessly grind it out for 100s of hours on end. Suddenly everyone is super tryhard and only copies what the top players do. Instead of playing a game they're mindlessly going through the same routine over and over again.

That's not even bait thats just retardation.

Even so, finding a decent server with decent people was infinitely better than any matchmaking system ever could be.

It's a WRPG. Stealth is only one method to succeed.

sounds like your problem isn't the game; your problem is not having any friends to play with

How does matchmaking eliminate micspamming? In either case couldn't you just mute?

Why do you hate fun?

All ASSFAGGOTS games

(you)

wew

Casualized fantasy open-world but it came out shortly after Skyrim so if anything its an Oblivion clone.

Basically this is the source of most of my hate. I could bear the never-ending balance improvements a la Wolrd of Warcraft but the lack of customization is just pure evil. Comparing CS:GO to CS:S and CS is like comparing Windows to any UNIX-like OS.

CS never even had good mechanics to begin with, it became so popular because it was like a chat room: people went on the server to have fun with all the people on it, not to pretend to be some e-sportman. All the custom maps and game modes, the skins, the fucking community was the heart of Counter-Strike. Same much goes for pretty all Valve games up until that day in 2010 when Valve decided to move all their Source games to a new engine. After that day everything went to shit. Not only new Valve games have barely any customizability but they even went back and made games like TF2 worse by killing the majority of good community servers and forcing sv_pure on their own servers.

you sure have shit taste for being an oblivious linuxfaggot.

Those were the days, and the custom servers were awesome. My favorite had to be the Warcraft servers where you could level up special abilities for your guy.

Part of me still wishes I was that good at CS, but the other part of me see's where the game went and how "pro gamers" are and I quickly change my mind. I'm guessing the original CS is dead at this point aside from a few foreign people online.

This

The fucking tranq gun gives guard ample time to activate alarms

Half-life 2. It is said to be the greatest FPS ever, but it was boring as shit and took me something like 5 years to beat, because I could never be bothered to continue. DOOM was way more fun.

Bethesda games, and yes, not just Oblivion and Skyrim, but also Morrowind, Daggerfall and the rest. I will never understand how people can like these horrible, buggy piece of shit games, their shit lore, their bad interfaces, their Wikipedia/BioWare dialogue systems, the fact they pushed the "procedurally generated" cancer before it was popular and how Skyrim ruined cRPGs for the foreseeable future.

Don't hate any. But dislike Doom, since it's an old rotting corpse but still somehow popular.

So, the problem with the game is that people want to actually win?
I agree that losing the sense of community is a bad thing, though

I hate R6: Siege
Good idea to start with, butchered by Ubisoft simply being Ubisoft

We spent so many years asking valve for something, ANYTHING, for CSS. Fucking silence and then whoop here comes the dicking, open your wallet chumps.
This is not what we wanted. All we asked for was an engine update, that's all. I rememvber a thread on the steam forums for CSS, it was a timer since the last valve message about known CSS bugs. It was going on 3 years.
I will never buy a valve game again after what they did to Counter Strike.

you only hate it because you suck user

Tetris was a slippary slope towards gay marriage

Lost all my high school friends to League of Legends. Such a terrible game. Even Dota 2 is a complete waste of time and energy.

The death of zombie, zombie escape and glorious gungame turbo was the death of cs. Vanilla cs is such shit.

If you max pistols and get a headshot they go out cold in half a second

The vast majority of players who play competitive games put as much effort into it as a pub in any other game. The difference is they're seeing who can copy the pro players better rather than just playing the game.

Then why the fuck are you using the tranq

Plebs, both of you.

Dis nigga
Nothing better than going around disrupting the creation of a cybernetic god than with only a fucking baton

This one's up there. Over 117,000 years of this game have been played since release.
PUBG is everything wrong with the PC market rolled into a single cash grab.

It just blows my mind. The game is literally an Arma mod sold standalone.

I don't hate CSGO, but I hate Dust2, it seems that everyone that plays this game seems to think that this is the only map that exists.
CS1.6 also suffers from the same issue, almost every server is Dust2 24/7, pure cancer.

How's it open world, you double nigger?
Is ocarina of time open world too?
It's a connected world.
lmao kys.

Dragon's Dogma IS open world and not comparable to OoT at all.

JRPGs in general. I know that there are some good ones, but i fucking hate the usual tropes associated with the genre and loathe turn-based combat.

please tell me which game has little kids to grief, i really miss them.

CSGO

To be honest I thought so too but I changed my mind very quickly when I played Shin Megami Tensei. I realized that the only reason why I hated turn based combat was because I didn't really understand it. I'm not saying that you have the same problem user but it's possible, a lot of people who hate turn based combat usually don't know it very well.

I don't think what makes PUBG so successful is in the game itself, but it presence on Twitch.

It looks worse than most mods, too.

I know I'm the only one but I can't stand RTS games. They're possibly one of the most boring genres I have ever played. You try an RTS from the early 90s and then one made at the end of the genre's lifespan and there are no changes whatsoever except a change to 3D models.

They've had almost no evolution at all since their inception and they all offer the exact same basic boring gameplay. Get spawned in a map, build up your army, destroy the base of the enemy.

at what rank do you find kids. i can climb any rank but can also drop to any rank just to grief kids

I'm a hardcore weeaboo that watches anime and loves the JRPG tropes, but I just can't do the grinding and turn-based combat. My babby's first RPG was western stuff like TES, not Final Fantasy. I liked Chrono Trigger though, but the industry never got the idea to just clone the non-boring combat system from that game and stuck to the FF formula instead.

To me, it is a toss between Skyrim and Bioshock.

Because every game is either Dark Souls, Zelda, or Skyrim.

archive.is/KIsZN

RTSes are a very fixed style of game, just like Tetris: If you tweak the formula too much it just turns into a different genre entirely.
While it's completely true that most of them are just refinements of DUNE II, there are a few rare examples of excellent RTS games that really shake up the basic formula.
Have you tried World in Conflict? It cuts the fluff of collecting resources and building units and focuses more on combat: It's abandonware too!

This one. This one right here. This one is pure marxism made by an arrogant and utter disgusting jewish demon. This is the pinnacle of the DARPA gamified leftist brainwash.

gmod or tf2

Like i said, kys.

No you are retarded.

i know it's hard, so try find a solution on here
>>>/suicide/

Actually, those started in FIFA. TF2 was just more popular among non-mongoloids.

Samus returns

fucking newfags man

CS was fun for a while, but it definitely over run its course, so yeah hate every faggot that play only that shit

this is what I was going to suggest
niggah pays subscription, gameplay is a pointless drivel, you only grind to be able to grind better
then niggah only plays that shit 24/7 and calls himself a gamer

You are literally retarded if you seriously believe that DD is like OoT

you don't know what you are talking about and I am 100% sure that you never played online.

You build units to scout and figure out the enemy strategy and then you counter it. Let's look at a recent rts game, Planetary Annihilation. You have to expand your base as fast as possible. You build some defensive units, some fast units to scout the enemy and building units to expand your base. There are dozens of strategies, like rushing the enemy, rushing into other planets and different combinations of units.

It belongs to ubisoft. They just had a giveaway,

I know It's your job to be retarded, pol. But please stay so on your containment board.

Why when I open up your image I see nothing but a blank white canvas?

Never said that but thanks for outing that you're a retard.

why you retards complain about this but play LoL and Dota retardism?

But zelda is the dark souls of skyrim games.

Yes you did

My mistake, the game is in limbo at the moment. The group responsible for the multiplayer revival, Massgate, gives out free CD Keys for piratefags and hosts the official patches.

The only part that was boring was when you had to make this long journey to Eli's base.

You are comparing apples to oranges

I always keep forgetting it exists.
Thanks anons. (

No it isn't, surf is still a really popular gamemode.
I never actually played multigame in my 1.6 days so I can't comment.
There's still tons of 90 player community DM servers plus valve DM servers.
Still an active game mode.
That depends what you consider community, but there's still plenty of injokes and memes between people about the game.

It seems to me you hate it over minor bullshit like cases and skins instead of having any valid reason to dislike the actual game. The game has spawned a lot of new gamemodes too like Hunger Games that weren't in 1.6.

Football games. Why the fuck do people play football games when they could have bought a goddamn football with the money they spent on a fucking football-game. I understand hockey, american football, and racing games, those are expensive hobbies when you get down to it, but goddamn football?

Maybe on half/v/. Are you confused?

I guarantee you're under 20.

HL2 was a tech demo and was inferior to HL.

Any final fantasy game

since fucking when?

A genuine cancer that's leaking onto the entire TBT/TBS genre.

He meant CS:Go you nigger.

It used to be Dust that was overplayed. Why did it switch to Dust2?

Dust2 is more balanced than Dust, especially if the server has more than a few people on each team.

Are there no FOSS versions of CS or COD4 that can become fps multiplayer/mod heaven?

Even if there was the case, at least the games are "complete" and Free To Play.
Think about it, PUBG makes LOL and DOTA2 look decent

VNs. They have been somehow legitimized as games by taking the videogame definition literally (a computer program that reacts to user input for amusement purposes) and applying it to electronic CYOA books. I could bring up nearly anything under that definition as a valid videogame: a hello program that randomly tells you you suck, 5 degrees of kevin bacon, freemium games from the ads on this very page, the fucking Encarta encyclopedia knowledge tests. The difference would be that there wouldn't be a legion of hormonated 4AM waifuhumpers available to have my back.

People are lazy and/or a chronic need to consume alcohol while partaking in social activities, like football.

i agree with you, but lets not pretend like mario has been innovating in level design/mechanics. all of the 2D mario game levels are essentially the same and all the 3D mario game levels are essentially the same with very little/no innovation in between.

the newest mario is just sunshine with a different item. and sunshine is just every other 3D mario but with a water pack.

All monthly subscription fee games

Can't you see you're glowing, CIAnigger?

This fucking shit right here. Good taste. War3mod was the fucking business. Teleporting around with a knife was some fun shit.

The salt was so tasty. Then the server died when everyone threw money towards Valve's Mann Co. Store instead of to the server.

I can see why you scream reddit spacing at people now.

These days they have abandoned that entirely as well. They just put random floating blocks in the sky.

But Dust2 isn't very fun. So why pick it over a better balanced map that is fun?

There is nothing that bores me more than playing this game for 2 minutes.
The whole fucking map is boring, nothing happens and I can't stand the cancerous videos that people make with this crap.

The single players fun. The multiplayers just a cluster fuck that was added to fleece idiots.

Is planetary annihilation any good?

Halo
Half-Life 2
Counter Strike (including the original)
Call of Duty
Battlefield games after 2142
World of Warcraft

Anons don't like it, but I do like it. I bought the titans version and regularly play it with friends. I can share some screenshots later if you want. Anyway, it goes like this: your Commander spawns on a planet, he is the one who builds buildings. You start by expanding your economy while at the same time building a little army and while you do that you also constantly have to spy on your enemy to see incoming attacks and also to see for what kind of strategy he goes (e.g. is he trying to rush you with a early army, or is he trying to build high tech).

I like it a lot because you are always on the edge.

That shit was fun.
I need more CS1.6 gamenights.

Not really.
steamspy.com/app/10#tab-geo

ASS CREED!!! Fuck ASS CREED!!!

1.6 has about 20,000 players on Steam at most times and probably around 20,000 more people play the game with a cracked copy.

I play CSGO now and then. Does it make you angry?

This board is ''pol''' you retarded tornigger.

I'll give it a try I bought it on a steam sale years ago so might as well, kek

I know exactly how you feel. I remember when it first came out. It was so bad it nearly killed the entire TCG and TTG gaming in my area. Somehow despite not being funnat all it grew. Shouting matches over stupid matches happened and my so called "friends" that I knew since grade school thought I was a loser for not playing it and stopped talking to me althogether when I had to kickstart their shit in for spreading rumors because I kept refusing to play the POS game. I nearly lost all of my online friends over it too, I recorded them after a game just to show them how shitty of people they were becoming and they finally quit
That game has been nothing but a flight and nightmare

Fuck this game. I remember renting it, and it was so fucking boring. The name and art design are dumb as hell too.

Holla Forums is Holla Forums you retarded CIA Nigger.

I'm switching to gog galaxy after artefact. Fuck valve

Nigga, you should have done that like 6 fucking years ago. GoG and Pirating is truly the nirvana for video games.

My parents got it for me on one of my Christmas's. It really is as retarded as it looks.

Go back to r/The_Donald

Then why did you rent it?

Unfortunately, no. Which is kinda weird, you have to admit, considering how many Quake III Arena clones there are.

Please, I bet more than 90% of all player base pirate the game and play on non-Steam servers.

Does that matter? CS will not die anytime soon, both the legit and the pirated version is played by a shitload of people.

cause I was a dumb shit middle schooler.

Every multiplayer focused game with large mainstream player-base because of . They even try-hard in gimmick game modes that you're not even supposed to take seriously.

Fucking N'wahs. I agree with everything else though.

This. Its a technical garbage fire that should have been free but is FORTY FUCKING DOLLARS, and god help you if you get banned for no reason at all.

Driving around in the cities, especially at night, was comfy as fuck and the heists in the story were really fun.

maybe it's a french strategy game

I wonder if this is why Blizzard stopped making Warcraft RTS games, and started making expansions for the MMO.

I got a different POV regarding this.
I play Xonotic; that game doesn't have matchmaking and the stats is largely opt-in. For some modes like race people don't play to win and instead focus on improving their personal best times, but the end of the match will still record who wins. Yet you can still see the to-be winners of the match help his would-be competitors git gud.
For other modes, you can convince the other players in the match to use spawn weapons only for the hell of it. Of course, the game still has some form of elo points and people who will grind that or wins off of newbies.

So winning might still be nice, but it's not as imperative.

I don't even know what that is.

Its pretty much bliss.

HL2 was genuine garbage. First off, the weapon variety is complete shit. The pistol and the SMG are 100% useless when you get the AR2 and shotgun, meanwhile they both had significant roles in the first game despite being the weakest weapons. In the first game, the pistol had the longest range of any non-crossbow weapon which has its obvious uses, ands the MP5 was a good all-rounder that was often used for finishing soldiers or stunlocking them into dying if you see them first. We have crowbar, pistol, SMG, SMG 2.0, shotgun, sniper, grenades, RPG. Where the fuck are the cool alien weapons? There shgould have at the very least been Combine stand-ins for weapons that existed in the first game. No tau cannon, no gauss gun, no snarks, no nothing. Hard to put into words how lame it is compared to HL1. Of course, the leaked beta had leftovers of many weapons that would have fit the bill including the actual tau cannon, combine guard gun, flare guns, hopwire grenade, immolator (acid flamethrower), and tripmines (loved tripmines in hl1, why they were cut I have no idea.) Many of these should have been in the game for variety, but instead Valve stripped down the weapons to the point of pretty much being objectively inferior to the HL1 selection of weapons. Also, why can I only hold 30 rounds for my shotgun instead of 128?

Second, the enemy variety is extremely pathetic. ONE enemy returns from HL1, and that's the headcrab, also known as the weakest enemy in the franchise that is never a threat to the player under any circumstances, ever. Classic zombies walk at a quarter of a mile per hour and even stop walking to swing their claws which means you have to be basically AFK to ever be hit by them. Fast zombies do 5 damage per swipe even on hard I believe, less than that of a headcrab. Poison zombies are also harmless along with their headcrab variant because they're never placed in a location where you can actually die after being hit by one, if fast zombies + a poison headcrab were ever in a room at once that might be the case, but as it stands they only serve to scare the player despite only being scary to fags with arachnophobia.

The only other real enemy you fight are humans with guns. Cops with shitty guns and aim, soldiers with slightly better guns and shitty aim. The soldiers pale in comparison to how hard and fun HL1 soldiers were, quite pathetic when you consider that HL2 was made six years later and had technogically improved in many ways and that these soldiers are fucking transhuman cyborgs wearing 40 pounds of kevlar getting merked by some nerd. It shows that these soldiers are weak as fuck, combine soldier engagements are very common and they often said a large number of soldiers after freeman, meanwhile in HL1 every soldier encounter was significant because they were so insanely tough, on hard difficulty it was like "fuck, here we go again" and it was awesome for that. Here, they're just cannon fodder.

Gunship and strider fights are boring as shit, literally fire rockets then take cover and get ammo. Not fun at all.

Antlions are boring as fuck, iirc they were the only enemy not designed by Ted Backman (guy who designed most HL1 enemies) and instead by some diversity higher, and it shows. They are incredibly generic looking and I actually forgot they existed at all until I replayed the entire HL saga lately and found them in the game to my surprise.

Once again I'll talk about the beta. Why the fuck was every alien from HL1 removed aside from the headcrab? Might have removed them as well because they're fucking harmless and the game has basically no relation to HL1 anyway, with every single character including Gordon himself being retconned. (occasionally, in EP1 when Alyx mentions that "Gordon used to climb through vents to race Barney when Kliener locked himself out of his office" because he climbs through vents a lot in the HL series, give me a fucking break.) Why the hell would they remove the houndeye and bullsquid? If any other aliens you need these two to connect it to HL1. I want to see the ways of which bullsquids and houndeyes have ravaged the post-apocalyptic Earth, how they damaged the ecosystem. Having them not present at all is mind blowingly retarded. Did the Combine wipe them out? How? Why are they not still coming in from Xen? Why haven't they wiped out Antlions and wild headcrabs? Why would they wipe out something that only serves to make life difficult for those who live outside of Combine rule?

Second, Combine synths. How can you have a scenario where your imagination can run wild, you can design the coolest army of combined alien races of all time and you manage to completely fuck it up and have us fight only humans for 99% of the entire game? Literally all they had to do was create synth designs, figure out how to make it work in gameplay, and then add it to the game. HL1 took two years to make and had so many enemies with cool designs, how can you fuck up so bad when the game took six years to make? Oh, right, they focused on gimmicky tech demo bullshit like physics that nobody cared about post-2007 instead of focusing on making a game that's not shit. This game had the potential to be visually interesting, have fun gameplay, and truly be a deserved sequel to HL1 but Valve fucked up when they stripped everything away from HL1 and didn't replace it with anything at all.

Next. Episode one. This in itself is a massive waste of potential, and let me tell you why. This game has many atmospheric areas, in which the atmosphere is completely lost because I have stronk womyn #5005 (but she's realistic guys) over here killing transhuman cyborgs wearing 40 pounds of kevlar while she wears a fucking jacket held together by duct tape. Episode one would have been awesome if you were completely alone and trying to escape the city, imagine how atmospheric and terrifying the entire episode could have been if it were just you in the darkness of the underground (with guns and ammo, not that shit they pulled where you have no ammo) , just you when the zombies swarmed the elevator, just you in the hospital, just you leaving City 17 on a train. This would truly be in the same vein as HL1, being in a terrifying and very dangeorus situation while all alone and isolated from everyone else. Everyone but you, soldiers, zombies, and antlions has either escaped or been wiped out thus far. Aside from all of this, the """final boss""" was lame as fuck. It wasn't even three striders, it was just one strider.

Next, Episode two. Finally, an interesting alien was introduced via the Hunter. Too bad the only way to kill them without reducing yourself to 0 ammo for all guns on hard difficulty is with the car, and the way their flechettes work you have to jump out of the car when the flechettes hit the car to avoid taking damage until they explode, then you have to hop back in while the car is stopped making you vulnerable to getting shot again which is fucking obnoxious. Aside from that, I like the new environment but the Episode has the same problem of being with Alyx. Alyx kills my immersion so much it's not even funny, in a series that prides itself on immersing the player. Seeing a female killing soldiers that, once again, are fucking TRANSHUMAN CYBORGS WEARING 40 POUNDS OF KEVLAR while she wears nothing and uses a shitty automatic pistol with recoil that should be breaking her wrist utterly destroys my immersion. The new antlion worker is also boring as fuck, and Episode two has a glitch that was never fixed where if you get hit by a worker or a poison headcrab, your screen flashes white and shakes violently any time you take damage from anything unless you restart the chapter, very annoying and makes the game pretty much unplayable.

The HL2 saga pales in comparison to HL1 because Valve only used these games as glorified tech demos and not actual good games like HL1.

Everything with matchmaking systems and/or microtransactions.

I don't think those words mean what you think they mean.

As for the thread topic: League of Legends. It's not just the gameplay itself with its overly long matches, shitty mechanics, and what is essentially one map (I think there's another but it never gets played competitively to my knowledge). It's the kind of people it spawns. People who play a single game non-stop to the exclusion of all others for fucking years. I don't understand how it draws them in so completely. I could barely get my friends to play anything with me for about two years. Not only that, but people who play it turn into the most vindictive, whiny, anti-fun cunts you can imagine. It and all of its derivatives are as cancerous as a game can be.

prove it. No way it's even close to that.

TORpedo upset that game is good and red pilles the goyim. Fuck off Moshe!

t. faggot defending 90s call of duty
First time I've seen it on here in a long ass time too.

Requires same, if not more skill as UT and Quake. But just like all the other people who hate on cs you are just a nigger.

All things related to Pokémon.

You need to be older in order to post here faggot. Pic related, it's CS before ADS was even popular. Stop and shoot cancer rather than constantly trying to throw off your opponent. It doesn't require two levels of skills, it's incredibly 2D by comparison.

sure
how? it nails the atmosphere it's going for perfectly

That's a lot of reading. But good effort OP.

I agree with this user, CS doesn't require more skill than UT or Quake, but to say it requires no skill is a huge overstatement, as it is very punishing and true skill shines a lot, all you need to see is any recent tournament for it, those guys legit have sub 150ms reflexes, your image is only good against COD, CS has a lot of importance regarding positioning and movement.

You swap to knife to move faster and you can properly Bhop if you're good enough. Other than that its all positioning like CoD. Quickly reflexes in professional play is not an argument it can be applied to any shooter with a competitive scene. Especially twitch shooters.

No skill? Perhaps not, but it's still the casual PC game of it's era. And still is today

thanks for the (you)

Yeah, if you want to play retardoland versions like timed surf with deathmatch maps.
Fuck off with that bullshit.

Jesus Christ. Why the fuck did they even get that mad at you to do that shit in the first place? It reminds me of how some of my friends became complete retards about the game and sperged out at me when I called it a casual grindfest that fails to be DOTA. They now unironically like MTG, Big Bang Theory, and all of those youtube e-celeb faggots. They also try to be progressive gamers.

(checked)
(checked)

(checked)

(checked)

(checked)

(checked)

(checked)

(checked)
(checked)

(checked)

(checked)

(checked)

(checked)

(checked)

(checked)

Mad cuz bad. The thread.

thanks for the (you)s

People who praise this cancerous piece of shit just because they were too young to know what Metroid was even about when it was released should be flayed alive.

Hahaha, Metroid Fusion was a masterpiece, nigger.

I would have said MTG was a good card game, that is until they stole some dude's cards valued at 1k because they didn't like what he said or some shit.

Trips of truth, some of the best boss battles in the franchise. I bet he's a salty 3Dnigger that liked the Wii games.

Not really, always thought the Prime games were boring and mediocre. Fusion is pure unadulterated cancer however.

It's shit

Speed is constant, but how well you move between positions is regarded as movement. Sure, it's not not blazing fast like Quake, but there is a lot of room for optimization and game awareness. You could even consider boost-hopping as a movement option for surprising angles.
Look, I'm not saying other professional players DON'T have this either, but regarding pure reflex speed, CS is the most absurd one when it comes to reaction time in its players, just look at how they guard angles, shit's as close as it can get in some cases, and those little shits hit those shots.
I didn't say it wasn't.
haha ecks dee, have you seen nowaday games? May I remind you of Overwatch?

Then what is your favorite Metroid game?

Even before that, I have hated what magic the gatehring has become. It already had pandering bullshit in recent years, but it got worse over time. Not to mention how awful the art style has become. All the art work just looks the same rather than having noticable styles to them, and the lack of color variety was done on purpose. Then the power creep got ridiculous as well. A lot of the colors lost the things that actually made them unique, and a lot of the card qualities became either boring repeats or generic.

You're dumb
If you move when you shoot in CS you're incredibly dumb
You're assuming that cover is not a thing and players are always moving, which makes you retarded
You're also assuming both players know where the other is at the exact same moment, making you a drooling potato
Please kill yourself as soon as possible.

Deleted post because I misread his
I appears that I am the drooling potato this time

agreed. nothign to do in the map. no stunt jumps without looking them up online, and theyre boring. minigames are fucking gay.

I really hate this game.

This is pretty much why i quit PvP games. I miss people just playing shit for something to do in Starseige or battlefield 2. Now everyone wants to throw a fit for losing.

I thought it was good. Also, man did this went under the fucking radar. Barely remembered it.

The pic is pretty wildly wrong at this point in time. At least half of it can just be removed.

I agree that weapons in HL2 are pretty boring and suffer from the 'Doom pistol syndrome' and there should've been more weird weapons but complaining about having thirty rounds instead of one hundred and eight is simply silly. The amount of ammo you get in HL1 was absolutely ridiculous, never in the game you feel like you're even close to depleting it. It obviously was done for balance purposes.

So was the removal of beta weapons. Folks on this board love to praise Opposing Force but I really don't get what for. Just because it has more weapons and some shoved-in Race X? These weapons never even had any significance in that game, no situation where you would be required to use them. Just a crowbar but stronger, a pistol but stronger, just an SMG but stronger, just a hivehand but stronger. More is not always better. The retail version has less weapons than the beta simply because you would never use them.

One last thing to add about HL2 weapons is that despite being pretty pathetic in the single-player they feel pretty great in the multi-player, at least in terms of usefulness.

Now, enemy variety. While I agree that it's a pretty weak part of the game I feel like comparing it to HL1 isn't doing it justice, even if sequels should improve on the original game. Both games had weak enemies. The original only had soldiers and assasins, sequel had only shotgunners, I guess.

Both games have shitty slow zombies that can't do anything, except HL1 puts them against you where your only weapons are a crowbar and a pistol with barely any ammo and, as you might've noticed, you don't see them much in later parts of the game, while HL2 dedicates a whole chapter to zombies while giving you a whole aresenal to deal with them with fast zombies being the only threat to unskilled player. I agree with everything else you said but one thing I have to point out is that damage numbers were shit in the original as well. After playing both games and mods for them to death, I can give you an advise: never pick up the suit batteries and maybe keep your health under 75%.

And don't think too much about why certain things aren't in the game in terms of lore, it's just silly. It's like wondering why all buildings in Fallout 3 and New Vegas are full of untouched loot two hundred years after the bombs fell.

And lastly, the episodes. Yes, fuck yes, that stupid bitch. I just wish she never existed. The heart of the Half-Life series has always been in being the lone survivor and they just had to force you into companionship with her. God, Episode One has such fucking great atmosphere and it brings me tears of comfort just remembering it. And the had to ruing it with Alyx. Episode Two, on the other hand… yeah, not so much. I agree that Hunter is the single most fun enemy in the sequel especially how it was later used by modders but the overall setting… I hate it. Sure, it's nothing really offensive but trading the original and unique Eastern-European city for what? A cave, some forests, a mountain in the background. Yeah, never seen that in any other game. And I didn't like the graphics changes, in my opinion they made the game look way more cartoony. I know it's an unpopular opinion but Episode Two is my least favourite of HL2 games.

I can recommend you one mod that you might find interesting. It's called Abandon: The Town and the whole idea is to add gameplay changes to HL2. Without spoilering what's what here's the link: moddb.com/mods/abandon-the-town. The author is also making another mod with the same-ish premise called H.E.V. Mark VI: moddb.com/mods/hev-mark-vi.

Also I find it sad that no one cares about the proper use of physcis in games nowadays.

you could also just stop being retarded and start winning games.

You know that bunny hopping is a thing in cs, right?

Not by a long shot. Do you guys even play Unreal Tournament? There is a reason why that game is nearly dead today while still a shitload of people play cs. To many hitscan weapons for it to be high skilled.

cs is way deeper gameplay wise compared to the ut series and the peak of pc multiplayer game. I don't think we will see a game better than cs anytime soon.

Not every weapon has to be used by force. Some people prefer a shotgun, some prefer an assault rifle and some like sniping. Allowing you to pick which you want to use without forcing any of them is good game design.

Half life 1 has no real mood setting chapters. It's a pretty basic action game once the long intro is out of the way. Half life 2 wasn't trying to be Half-life+1, it was trying to be it's own game. It's successful at having an amazing atmosphere all the way through it. Not every level is great sure but it all feels like the same world where Black Mesa is all over the damn place.

Zombies aren't supposed to be a super threatening enemy. They're supposed to be disturbing. They're a look at what happens if you fail to stop the combine. This will happen to everyone you're supposed to care about. The zombie bombs are supposed to be horrific. Ravenholme is what happens if you fail your mission.

The reason why bullsquids and houndeyes aren't in the game is because the combine have locked down the planet. Their guard dog of choice is the antlion which murders any one who tries to escape the human pens. They have limited numbers and limited tech this side of the portal so they make effective use of the ant lions. It wouldn't work if City 17 was swarming with random Zen life forms. It would no longer be a combine held city then would it? Those things were only in Black Mesa due to an invasion, they serve no purpose so the combine just murdered them.

It seems like you're looking for HL+1 and then HL2+1 in the episodes. That was never the intended goal. The episodes are poorly done but it's fair to admit they did a good job in being different to the main game. They feel like you're no longer in city 17, things HAVE changed and they play that out well.

HL2's biggest problem is that it became the bench mark to work from. Everything built on top of it and Bioshock to get where we are now. It loses it's character as everyones now wearing the same dress it designed so many years ago.

UT and CS are vastly different games. You're comparing an arena shooter with a tactical shooter and saying one is better than the other.

Arena shooters died because of consoles. When the 360 became the lead platform for FPS games everything had to be slowed down for the joypad to work. Knee high walls and iron sights are how they did most of the slowing down. Since this dominated the Triple A market for over a decade we're left with a complete lack of people able to handle faster speeds.

This lack of skill then translates into getting dominated by those of us with arena shooter experience. Instead of putting the time in to be good they just go back to CoD.

Any one competitive is now playing CS, DOTA or LOL because they had millions of dollars propping up the tournament scene now. There's no money in Quake because no one artifically forced the E sports meme and it has no organic growth as it's no longer the premiere competitive genre arena shooters used to be.

Basically you have a hostile environment to games like Unreal tournament and Quake. The only reason CS survives is because CS has been dumbed down to fuck compared to 1.6 and it's the only option left in town. As a big fan of the FPS genre my realistic multiplayer options are CS or 3 MOBA wannabes. None of which really appeal to me.

Nah man, 1.6 was still going strong by the time cs:go got released. Yes, cs:go is trash compared to 1.6, not denying that, but either way cs wouldn't die that fast. Lootboxes and e-sport kind of ruining the pc gaming culture, killing older games but cs is one of those games that easily survived this new wave of cancer.

Are you Russian?

THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP

As kids we would be outside and play football all day long and then go inside when it got dark and play football-games against and with eachother.

It's just fun.

god i fucking hate the game but the community i hate with a passion

I don't get it.

Any rank has kids. Russian kids are by far the easiest group to get upset in CSGO. This is what I do. It's pretty childish but at least it's fun:

The issue is less ammo but more enemies, I barely have enough shotgun ammo for a single large firefight engagement which is just dumb. Worst offender is the AR2 which only holds 90 rounds total, very annoying. If I don't feel comfortable going into a firefight when I have the maximum ammo capacity allowed, there's a bit of an issue.

I think the reason most people like Opposing Force is the art style, it's a different and unique take on the HL1 saga, it manages to feel different despite being in the same exact facility as HL1. Not a big fan or Race-X or the new weapons though. I spent a large portion of my childhood playing HL:OPFOR multiplayer though, loved every second of it, never played HL2 multiplayer (CS:S filled that role.)

Some of the weapons removed from HL2 that were in HL1 like the tripmines I used very often, they should have added an alien weapon that has common ammo (like, as common as AR2 ammo) that functions in a unique way and looks interesting at the very least. Immolator would have been cool as shit as well for obvious reasons, a flamethrower just feels right in the HL universe in my opinion.

Zombies do set the tone for HL1 and only exist while the player is still getting use to the game early on. I also find the appearance of HL1 zombies to be more disturbing than that of the HL2 zombies for some reason. Headcrabs were also harder but more annoying due to the fact that the crowbar can't take them out easily like in HL2. As for Ravenholm, as all know it's just gimmicky tech demo bullshit to show off the physics engine, it's really boring as fuck if atmospheric. Only good thing I can say about the zombies is that shooting a fast zombie in the head with a shotgun while it leaps at you is satisfying as hell.

I think the setting of White Forest looks good visually, though it is boring in comparison to the unique contrast of old communist architecture and new Combine technology that really made the game look special and stand out. With regards to the source engine graphical updates, I personally liked how everything looked shiny though I know it was grossly overexaggerated.

Physics were cool in 2004, but they don't mean anything now. If Valve didn't focus so much on it and stopped shoving it into your face every 30 minutes, the game would have aged better.

That's not how HL works. Every gun has a role, and some weapons are better for some enemies. Crowbars/pistol for headcrabs/zombies, shotgun for vorts + houndeyes, tripmines and grenades for soldier encounters, MP5 for soldier encounters and as an all-rounder, crossbow for shark thing, etc.
HL1 didn't need mood setting chapters, the chapters set the moods themselves for the entire facility. Half-Life 2 wasn't trying to be any unique game, it was a glorified tech demo that aged horribly in contrast to HL1 because of it. I do like the world of HL2, though.
I have several issues with this. First of all, that's not even remotely an excuse for a level filled with them, you're just admitting it makes for shitty gameplay. Second, zombies in HL1 looked more disturbing and they made more sense with how the stomach was used to feed and how the ribs were used as teeth. Third, the retcon for zombies technically being alive is stupid IMO because it wasn't present at all in the first game (zombies in HL1 are dead, their head is nothing but a skull and they don't make any noises indicating they're alive at all). It's just something they did because they thought it would be scary and disturbing, it gets old really quickly.
Nah, that's a load of complete bullshit. The actual reason is because they couldn't find a use for them in-game so they just cut them like the lazy fucks they are, continuity to HL1 be damned. They were great enemies gameplay-wise too. Also, bullsquids still exist in the HL universe as one took off Eli's leg. Also, I don't know what you mean by "It wouldn't work if City 17 was swarming with random Zen life forms", there are none in City 17 before the uprising but there's a shitload of hostile alien creatures OUTSIDE of City 17, along the coast. Also, the Combine hardly locked down the planet, Gordon drives past like three armed rebel outposts which would be utterly destroyed if the Combine truly had it 'locked down'.
Yes, I'm looking for a sequel to the first game, hence why the game is called Half-Life 2 and why I criticize it for being so unlike HL2. The only difference between HL1 and HL2 is that HL2 is heavily stripped down in terms of weapon and enemy variety, and that they added a bunch of bullshit that doesn't improve gameplay like physics and facial animations
Doesn't matter, happens rarely and doesn't deal much damage.
No, like I said before its biggest problem is that Valve focused on making it a tech demo for the Source engine and not actually a good game. The myth that "every game copied it so it seems bad now by comparison" is a load of absolute horseshit pushed by the retarded HL2 fandom, because games copied HL1 as well but that game is infinitely better and aged infinitely better because it was an actual good game.

Fucked up greentexting here.

You're making a little too much sense, man who is stubbornly trying to convince me to regret purchasing the Orange Box. Why can't we just go back to calling Half-Life 2 the single best shooter that ever existed and call it quits? I just want to pretend it's still 2007, so stop trying to force me to admit the world's moved on and can view Valve through a more objective lens, please? N-now, how about that delicious and moist cake, huh?

you are total cancer

This. This steaming pile of garbage killed every potentials and futures MMO had and turned it into a cash cow drivel which gave birth to F2P which gave birth to lootboxes. The evil itself stems from this shit and was brought into fruition by that devil spawned cunt Tigore itself and the shitstains at post-WC3 Blizzard.

nah fam, it's just my friends only want to play that one and iwas bored so i booted it up once, i did not provide all details of the match but it was just horrible

then what was your first counter-strike

You're autism is implying everyone is you and they're not. I used the shotgun to fight the grunts, I'd get in their face and murder them. I'd use the assault rifle on the hound eyes. That's what makes the game work, having options to pick from. It's also why the prototype guns don't return, they never really did anything outside of a broken rocket jump. They're cool but don't fit the world any more.

The entire level filled with them is a boat ride through a destroyed area that combine used headcrab missles to destroy. They're hidden away in side passages and stumble out towards you as you pick up supplies. I find their screaming to be creepy as hell, they're less goofy than HL1s zombies. Ravenholme is a tech demo but first time through it's creepy.

No one said they no longer existed, but they're not part of the combines forces which is all Gordon is dealing with. The role bullsquigs would play is done by the antlions. Your problem seems to be again that you want HL1+1 instead of it's own game. The world changed, enemies changed.

I'm not part of any half life fandom or anything of the sort. Half life 2 was a massive step up in tech, which means it also suffers from being that tech's tutorial.

Yea man, I sure loved Barney and Barney and Barney and Barney and Barney and Barney and Barney and Barney and Barney and Barney and Barney and Barney and Barney and Barney and Barney and Barney and Barney and Barney and Barney and Barney and Barney and Barney and Barney and Barney and Barney and Barney and Barney and Barney and Barney and Barney and Barney and Barney and Barney and Barney and Barney and Barney and Barney and Barney and Barney and Barney and Barney and Barney and Otis.

The death of a franchise.

Tell me, why exactly is Unreal Tournament 3 bad?

Autism. I found it good. Not as much as 2004. And its hard to beat a classic like 99 but i thought it felt the same.

I can't post them unless I write an essay about why they are bad and even then I am still gonna get shit regardless. Heh, take a guess about what kind of game i'm talking about.

It's slow, movement is sluggish and floaty. It's ugly, brown and grey. Focus was clearly on consoles primarily.

It obviously sounds like something Holla Forums puts on a pedestal.

Don't you mean brown and dark red?

Are you talking about arena shooters?

oh boy
I didn't say anything about the grunts, I also used the shotgun against them. Using the MP5 on houndeyes is a complete waste of ammo, you were objectively doing it wrong. Like I said, every single gun has a role in the game, "weapon choice" isn't even a concept, there is an objectively best weapon for each enemy which is how it should be because that's good game design, without that it's just an incoherent mess of weapons. The prototype guns can be replaced with something else and new, such as the Immolator or flare gun which would have obvious uses in certain scenarios. If they don't fit the world, get new weapons that do, dropping all interesting weapons and replacing them with nothing is not an excuse for shit weapon selection.

How can they be less goofy than HL1 zombies? They act far too zombie-like now with their retarded shambling, they look like a mentally retarded, physically crippled adult trying to walk. They're hardly creepy, meanwhile the HL1 zombies truly invoked the uncanny valley effect, you could almost barely tell if they were human at first which is how it should be. Aside from that, Ravenholm isn't even scary because not only are zombies not a threat, but the game is fucking screaming "YOU SHOULD BE SCARED NOW, CUE VERY SCARY MUSIC AND LEGS DANGLING AND IT'S VERY SCARY FEEL FEAR PLEASE", it's too in-your-face to be anything resembling scary and not over the top.

And? Not an excuse for them not being present once again, and also bullsquids and antlions are literally nothing alike. One hides in toxic waste, the other burrows underground. One is a muscular bipedal creature, the other is a flying insect. They serve very different roles gameplay wise, I don't give a shit about your retarded excuses for them being cut story-wise that don't even make sense story-wise, cutting them from gameplay was pointless and a terrible decision.

Sounds like you're admitting the game is shit here.

What do you mean by floaty and sluggish? You character keeps moving after you stop? No air control? After you land your character keeps sliding?

Because classic games, like the first UT and older Source/GoldSrc have these features. Once you jump you can't change your direction mid air in the first ut. All this air control that people seem to love is a new feature. Then this "ice skating" thing that people complain about, this is also only found in older games. You had it in the original cs, but in cs:go you instantly stop. And UT is slow in general, quake and half life are fast games. UT99/UT3 are the slower ones, ut2k4 is the fast one.

And what exactly do you mean by floaty? Because 2k4 is clearly the floaty one.

How does it feel to be a total casual?

I wanted the original story for HL2, not this "Gordon's European Vacation" bullshit we got.

Not really. There are still popular servers on both CSS and CSGO. New maps are still being made as well. The rest I agree with though.

Yea I'm done. Save the autism.

I mean it feels like there's a disconnect between my input and the characters movement. It feels like I'm moving around in slow motion in 3.
Yeah, the movement speed of UT is in general slower than Quake, but you still need sharp controls and reflexes to play it properly. It didn't feel this way in UT3.
Maybe I'm completely off the mark, but I obviously haven't played it in some years after I bought it on launch and went back to the previous iterations soon after. I'm merely retelling what I remember from my disappointing experience back then.

They're not zombies, they're humans infested by an alien parasite. Having them literally be zombies is fucking B O R I N G.

That couldn't become the way it was because they had to pioneer their shitty facial technology, nope gotta get rid of all the gas masks and cool concept art we developed.

To be honest, I didn't even like the gas masks but they could have kept the polluted skies without them being deadly to humans somehow. They should have also kept the conscripts, having soldiers with military grade equipment rebel against the combine makes much more sense than having an abused, mostly completely unarmed civilian populace do it.

Played CS:GO for the first time a year or so ago, and after half a dozen matches people started to call me hacker, because I knew what the fuck Iwas doing thanks to a ton of 1.6 back in the day.
It's not only the game that is easier then 1.6, but the players seem to be a lot worse as well.

Gahahaha I once got kicked from a match for "hacking" by the audibly disgruntled spic admin.

Go play LoL. Clearly that's more to your tastes than an atmospheric fps game is.

You're just salty. The game turned out great. No missed opportunities here. Now buy G-Mod so you can look at your mulatto waifu Alex's butt some more.

Yea, CS:Go is shit. I think I'm done with CS in any form. I want a new TFC. Any one want to recommend a nice team based FPS? Not MOBA shit though

My Chinese friend would always get called a hacker within 5 minutes of using the AWP.
And he was always miserable.

It actually did. But at the same time, all the shit from the beta looks a lot better.
Funny how that works.

Nice job failing to argue against my other points

They are the only one of their kind, that is why people put up with the terrible quality of the software.
Lets say you want to play a game like Tribes your only options would be to play the awesome but incredible dated Tribes 2, some inofficial sever with the horribly balanced Tribes Ascend or try your luck with the early access game Midair.
These are your only options, pick your poison if you want to play.

I've shat on the game with around eight posts that have approximately 5-6 paragraphs each, but I don't really hate the game. I just see the missed potential and how it could have been a sequel worthy of HL1 that gives me impotent rage. Seeing that the game could have been truly great with good enemies, good weapons, and a story at least somewhat in line with HL1 if they hadn't focused on physics/facial animation while retards praise HL2 for its physics/facial animation makes me feel GENUINE ANGER

I despise blizzard games and wish the company would burn down with every last one of those faggots locked inside the building. Overwatch especially should be aborted from time.

I feel ya, man. I actually love the game to death and still think it's one of the greatest shooters of the 2000s, but I can't let go of the feeling that the game we didn't get would have been a lot better.

I kinda wish I'd never seen all the old concept art and leaked beta assets. Why the hell hasn't anybody tried to recreate the original concept as a mod, Black Mesa style?

A lot of people have, actually. The most famous one is Missing Information, but there's a lot of others as well, all with their own vision. Think one's being worked on right now called The Abyss or some shit.

Once? Nigger when cs:go got announced I was fucking happy that we finally got official servers. Man I got banned from countless servers in css because everyone who plays that game sucks dick. That said, now that we have official servers I want community servers back.

Fuck you OP

You've obviously never played it right. Try this next time:

It's so fucking funny playing this way, I cried laughing the first time I did it.

Community servers are only good if you or your friends run them.

Your posts scream of someone who didn't play it at release. It was mind blowing.

I played it at release after I played HL1 first in 2001, I was just as disappointed as every other HL1 fan on the planet. Mindblowing then doesn't make for a good game now, it's all style and no substance. Keep in mind the gameplay is still complete shit, something you can't even argue against at all.

But community servers also allow custom maps and fun game mods. Of course it's a lot better if the server host is a friend of yours, but even if it's not a friend you can have a lot of fun there. I remember a lot of good gun game servers. There was one where I regularly played, you need 3 kills with every weapon and a lot of people were stuck at the shotguns/snipers. With friendly fire enabled you also lost weapons for team killing.

Valve's official gun game mode is pussified and not fun at all.

Are you retarded? HL2 was loved and still is today. The gameplay is solid, it felt like a sequel where the world had changed. There's not much more you could ask from it besides skipping the in engine cut scenes.

Loved by the retarded HL2 fandom, yes.

LOL
Literally just wrote fucking 20 paragraphs, much of it including why the gameplay is dogshit.
Oh, it's bait, okay.

Of course ironsight is going to be a problem if you take the basic level design and gameplay principles from arena shooters. The quantity of factors needing consideration affects processing speed. In arena shooters like Quake for example, most complexity has been stripped away, but it gives you lesser time to process these factors by adding in the equally unrealistic movement allowing players to gain speed. Now take a game like Call of Duty, which gives you much more time to process the scenario, but is less complex than Quake because it doesn't have enough significant factors to warrant the amount of time given. As you can see in my shit diagram, the green line is to represent the ideal, the red and blue areas indicate that the gameplay is simple and complex respectively. I don't actually play Rainbow Six: Siege, but from what I've seen, it looks like it's balanced well enough.

In conclusion, when introducing mechanics like ironsights that slow down the gameplay, you have to increase the amount of factors to take into consideration.

Yeah, by gay redditors who never played the first one. No idea how you can play both and prefer the second one.

That's the thing, literally nobody who played HL1 first prior to the release of HL1 sees HL2 as a legitimate sequel because they were already spoiled by HL1 and saw HL2 for what it was: a fucking glorified tech demo. In 2004, it was novelty at best. In 2017, it's downright pathetic.

If Half-Life 1 is so good, explain why Half-Life 2 always tops best video game ever made lists. Half-Life 1 was good for 1997, but it hasn't had the lasting impact of its superior sequel. So, take all the time you need, casuals.

Pretty much every successful multiplayer indie game is a mod though. Like counter strike. It was rough at launch but it went under several changes.

I'm not a pro on the matter but my friend once said that unlike in Quake-based engines (e.g. Source) in Unreal 3 player doesn't move on its own but there's more like a force being applied to him.

yeah but those mods moved on and turned into full games. Killing Floor also started as a ut mod, but is now a full game.

What game isn't loved by redditors? Just name your favourite game and there's a subreddit for it. Sure, HL2 isn't perfect but it's definetely not loved only by normalfags, pretty much the opposite nowadays. It's loved mostly by modders because, guess what, not a single modern shooters offers them what HL2 does.

This applies to literally almost everything, saying that is meaningless. Not only is the game not perfect, it's significantly flawed in terms of story and gameplay, with gameplay obviously mattering much more.

Trips of truth

What lists? The one on kotaku? Or gamefaq? Maybe you're talking about reddit's list, seeing as how you're from there. Just because something is popular, doesn't make it good. You probably enjoy big bang theory and nu-star wars, because those are on a lot of best of lists.

What the fuck are you talking about? There's everything from DM surf to pure no kill surf and plenty of maps. It's probably the most popular community game mode.

If DayZ can do it…

So many great HL posters today. Wanna exchange Steam IDs so we could play dead mods together?

We live in a democracy, user. If the majority decide something's good, then it's good. You might be some edgy kid, thinking your opinion's always right, but it isn't.

Schmuley, what lists are you talking about? HL2 was at most an average garbage game with little to no fun. I never hear anyone mentioning it. All praise always goes back to HL1 and that's the truth.

I can remember I downloaded HL2 piracy version and couldn't even play for more than one and a half hour. It had little in common with HL1 and felt uncomfy to play. Perhaps they should have never released HL2 and make a different game under a different name instead. It's just HL was anticipated and famous names do sell regardless of what trash content is put inside. Valve released this cheaply glued game mainly to justify the engine and to sell other games like CS source etc.

Weebshit games with samefaced bitches, don't see the appeal.
Can't ban me things you hate is the topic of the thread cocksucker hotpockets

This game sucks the life out of you

I hate these god damn template games. I never hear any conversation about these games on their own, and it feels like other games only stand on their own legs by comparing themselves to already wasting games.

inb4weebscallyouagoon

HL2 looked and played good in comparison to other games at the time. We take it for granted since we have better games like Crysis now. I was shocked to hear that Swat 4 was released a year later.

Pieces of shit that only retarded casuals praise.

You want proof? Here's proof that you're just a bitter loser. Maybe in your little old man echo chamber it's more popular, but that's because you belong in 1995. Go watch the X-Files and play your vampire rpg, because the cool kids are here to talk about video games.

Not to mention that it was pretty optimized too.

You'd best be joking, nigger

hahahahaahahahahahahahahaha. pure autism pal

It's people like you who let this country go to waste.

thread is already taken over by goons

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HOLY SHIT
not everybody lives in mcdonald land
good projection

go back to 4chan pol, underage

We pity those people and call them vassals. Seriously though, stop being an edgelord.

You win, user. I'll stop shitposting.

0.2 is 20 percent you fucking nigger.

F.E.A.R. is a better Half-Life game than Half-Life 2.
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:967e139bd30c49a37761c4e49fa478954261f9e2&dn=F.E.A.R%20Collection&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.leechers-paradise.org%3a6969&tr=udp%3a%2f%2fzer0day.ch%3a1337&tr=udp%3a%2f%2fopen.demonii.com%3a1337&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3a6969&tr=udp%3a%2f%2fexodus.desync.com%3a6969

Why are there so many primary school dropouts on Holla Forums today?

Not if you're comparing 9.0/10 and 9.2/10 you dumbass

But the best part was driving around comfy slavland coasts and forests.

shid shoulda read the thread.

Come back when you are ready to play video games from 2005 and earlier

You don't have to post the whole URL, just magnet:?xt=urn:btih:967e139bd30c49a37761c4e49fa478954261f9e2 is enough.

Schmuley why are you not dead yet? Fanboys defend any brand with their life even if it's a total failure. Most of the reviews are payed and the negative ones are deleted.

You are an idiot - you believe in "metascore ratings" but I think most people are like you, this is why you think you you found confirmation in your stupidity. Not exactly sure how a tiny twat like you ended up here on Holla Forums maybe you should go back and cuddle with your mom as you did for the last 14 years of your full life.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAhA

I decided to join this meme and wasted over 1000 hours into it. I started fine since I did it for fun and was enjoying the difference in characters and roles since when a game has a lot of different classes that are somewhat unique it scratches a nice itch for me. Over time it sucked me in and I started to hate it but I could not stop playing. I made this thing determine who I was, I went mental, I was angry at friends for not being serious even in normals, I hit myself whenever I made huge fuck ups, and when I finally got to gold like the friends who left me I stopped playing and never looked back. I have occasionally gone to play for a little bit but uninstall after a day of playing because I get too frustrated. League now has some disconnect in my brain to where I am alaways angry and never learn from my mistakes like I do in other games that are demanding of mechanics and thought.

How is it any different from Steam?
And should I be supposed to do with all the games I already own in there?

Man, I wish Holla Forums's Holla Forums had a section like Metacritic. Then we could finally have objective ratings.

Get over it, faggot. Your shit taste in video games rounds up to a 2% difference in consumer reviews. It should be more, but nostalgia is a hell of a drug, I guess? :^)

Would be spammed to dead by fake reviews, bots and toxic fanboys who sit down and spam the sections from different proxy IPs. Holla Forums isn't clean either, Jim would be happy to take any penny he can and developers would gratefully pay him to delete the "unwanted reviews".

Reviews = slot for bribery and corruption.
It always has been this way, it will always be this way.

Guys who can afford real manipulation of the vast majority of the opinion on the topic are mostly the big companies like EA and Valve and Bethesda etc.

Why? It's no secret that Orange Box was great mainly for Portal and TF2.

And yet a few years ago Holla Forums would have been shitting on people like you not liking competitive games because you "suck too much to git gud and rank broooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo" back in the Halo 3 days.

You mean you don't like every gun having the accuracy of a hollywood action movie nameless villain grunt in all but one very specific "first shot only but only with some guns" circumstance with every other circumstance being 100% luck RNG, and having that called "skill-based"?

If a nipshit developer made the exact same games the exact same way you wouldn't be able to get your mouth off their dick long enough to type up that post. Kill yourself.

DELETE

CStards don't play other maps because they'd have to have an IQ above 70 to contend with having to learn and play more than one map. Why do you think they got rid of physics in GO and there's the whole shitstorm about fucking chickens existing in GO?

Ocarina of Time was a Daggerfall ripoff. '':^)'

But playing real football means being in shape and not being a fat soycuck shoveling down doritos and mountain dew, and that's bad. Having high testosterone leads to flipping cars and killing politicians and shit, and that's just not acceptable in the current year.

Everyone that spouts this meme should kill themselves.
By that "logic" every fucking game in existence is a "tech demo" unless it's a literal reskin of an existent game. NIGGER.

This is your brain on Holla Forums.

B-but it's nintendo so it's ok! Now let's go screech about Activision's developer teams doing that for Call of Duty for 1/3 of the time and be blind to the hypocrisy because feels!

Have you posted that video online for the public to see?

What a shit infographic.

It went under the radar because it's yet another indie pixelshit garbage with a gay art style. Nobody cares. Not even normalfags and indiefags that soak up anything and everything.

inb4 impotent screeching over responding to posts in a thread

Valve cut a bunch of shit out out of pure asshurt because some beta shit was released. They are cancer, and their source engine is pure fucking shit. 2004+ and all the fucking lighting is static even in the newest engines, all the shaders are pure ass, all the level geometry is boxes, and why the fuck are these Respawn retards using such a shit engine? COD developers got shit on for using modified Q3 engine for so long, but dicks are sucked over a 2004 engine that was shit from the start being used 13 years later.
It's been over 13 years since physics were added to games. Of course it's not lauded as if it's a brand new thing.

Now I know you're full of shit. It's the same fucking game remade for the third time, just with a couple extra weapons and maps to make people think it's not just CS:S's "exactly the same down to shitty animations but slightly better models and a new engine plz buy it again" repeated.

Your meme is shit. Tech demo yourself back to reddit.

You are autism, though.

You're literally retarded. Kill yourself. The world's IQ average will raise more than the results of any given night's chicongo nigger gang war.

At least you admit it. :^)
60IQ nigger.

Same argument used for making up retarded "challenge" runs in pokemon instead of just playing more than one game.

Astounding. Putting those 6 brain cells to work.

Confirmed for never playing a real RS game.

Kill yourself freechnigger.

EVERY BLIZZARD GAMES after WC3 ESPECIALLY OVERWATCH
EVERY ASSFAGGOTS
EVERY E-SPORTS SHITS

every thread
>>>/cuckchan/

Casual

You're a faggot, but I'll check your dubs regardless.

(Stealing this digits, fuck you for that)
Fuck you, you lying piece of shit. Even three years a go when I quit CS:GO, Steam, and Gabe Newell's Micro$hit-like trainwreck of a company, all the community servers were dead, and that was before all the retarded updates.

Drag your face across the floor back into the closest bathroom at Valve HQ you shilling soyboy.

It doesn't help that the VAC is so shit that CS:GO is actually filled with hackers.

Unfortunately no. The closest that comes to that are Urban Terror and fucking AssaultCube, both of which bleed "hobbyist project" out of every pore in their DNA.

There's a new F/OSS project on the block called "FreeCS", but it's focused on reimplementing CS 1.5 a la OpenMW or GemRB, and I have no clue if it's playable yet.

There is this project called CSPromod

user he already mentioned assfaggots and esport shit

OK, point taken. Overwatch is definitely worse.

Is this bait?
Please fucking kill yourself if this isn't bait.

This is why I unironically hate democracy. People like you are allowed to vote. Ad populum is not an argument. Most people you included are retarded and only care about perceived trends. You can't think for yourselves.
Autism.
Name one twitch based multiplayer shooter that benefits from the retarded mechanic. Then make a real argument for why it's not objective inferior.

That just means you hate universal suffrage. Which is not a necessary condition of a democracy.

The Salt Trinity

No I hate everything democratic. Its a bad system that allows state actors to easily get into power. Universal Suffrage or not. I know our ancestors only let land owners vote, but I'd rather no one do so. At least not on a national level.

that's cheating, nobody likes those games. Even lol fans hate lol.

Can you niggers do this somewhere else? And don't learn your politics from anime

Jesus, how can someone listen to that and think "yeah, this is good, this is definitely the audio track I want to use, this is what I want to be known for." ?

She's a full-blooded chink living in the US from a young age, they sometimes sound like that

The same person who has made thousands off weeaboo beta orbiters by playing a shit game in that voice.

I think it's cute. I don't watch her videos though.

My first PC games were Half-life 1 and Warcraft 2. I still have the t-shirt they packaged in with HL1 here.

Stop trying to revise history like a goddamn kike. Half life 2 was mind blowing. It's a very good game and people liked it then and like it now. You're just making up bullshit like the fat kid who's dad works at Nintendo.

We already had 3 games in Black Mesa. We had every possible combatant playable. HL2 took the story to post-invasion Earth which made sense considering they had been invaded by 2 different alien races at that point.

There were 3 mild complaints back then.

1, Gordon is overblown. Making him a legend doesn't fit how the original worked. Freemans better as a random than a mythical figure.

2, The boat section goes on a bit long. It's not bad for the time but it just goes on too long and could have done with being about 25% shorter.

3, Some of the trailer content was missing. We got an explanation for this from Valve but people still wanted their blue tentacle monsters.

I'm really sick of kids who never experienced the era and these technological leaps spewing such utter bullshit. Next we'll have people complaining that Doom 3 is ugly when it was mind blowing at the time and clearly a huge step the same way HL2 was. Historical revisionism is just rather pathetic. It's people trying to feel smarter than they are and project their current ideas on events they were never a part of. I'm sure HL2 is very disappointing when both cost you a dollar in a christmas sale.

give yours

No. I didn't and don't learn from Anime, I saved that because it's redpill material. Everything in LOGH is.

Yeah, if you fucking feel like playing a death match map on a timer instead of the fucking deathmatch.
Or if you feel like playing that god awful deathmatch mode where you have to wait until the round is over before you can respawn.

This piece of shit, and I haven't even played it.
It's trying to lull you into a false sense of security to pull the rug out from under you, but it doesn't have the balls to just do it. Before you reach the game itself you get 2 pretty explicit content warnings.

I just don't get why you would make a game like that and then do everything in your power to sabotage yourself. If you're that much of a pussy, don't make a game with a dark twist in the first place. The only explanation I have is that this isn't a passion project at all and just tries to be let's player bait, while attempting to dodge any trigger controversy.

Shit posting but sure.

Original CS didn't have fixed bullet spreads. You couldn't learn to make your gun 100% accurate.

Map design has completely changed. Any maps that were difficult for one side or the other have been changed into entirely new maps. A good example of Assault which now has windows and vantage points from every direction giving the CTs a huge shift in power. We went from the Ts being in control and CTs having to use grenades and team play to get in to CTs being in control and having multiple ways to thin out the crowd inside.

wew, the mods actually removed it?

The only ones who sound like that are the ones actively putting it on for the "le cutesy weeb girl ^_^" aesthetic. It's not a style of speaking that occurs naturally in English, it's something you have to actively go out of your way to artificially force.

Yeah and some people think McDonalds is the pinnacle of human culinary achievement, thankfully people who enjoy polluting their senses with artificial crap don't get to dictate if something is good or not.

Turn your fucking autismo down for a second and think. You can't possibly force a voice like that for who knows how long without straining your vocal chords and not making it sound obvious. I've seen multiple people with their voice like that and it's not forced.

While everything you said is true I thought it was neat. Bare in mind I don't play VNs because they're too much to handle because of feels

how's the orbit beta boy?

Looking good adds nothing to gameplay, and "playing good" is straight up false unless referring to optimization

I sure love how you never talk about gameplay, the retarded HL2 fandom never ever talks about gameplay, a.k.a. what actually matters in a video GAME
No, anyone old enough to play HL1 first hated HL2 aside from the most retarded of fans. Guess what, dipshit? Everyone loves Destiny 2 and Battlefield 1 now, does that make them great games? Fuck no. How popular a game is is not an argument for how good it is, and it really just shows you have nothing else to say about it besides "w-well, everyone ELSE liked it so it must be good!!!11"
And did a piss-poor job of portraying it due to the lack of fucking aliens like I said 100 posts earlier.
Holy fucking shit you are actually retarded, only children who were teenagers were mindblown by the novelty shit HL2 added, people who were old enough to like HL1 still think it's a disappointment in one way or another. It's not 2007 anymore kid, people can now look at Half-Life 2 for what it is and actually criticize it for not being the best game ever created, or even being in the top 200 games ever created.

It sounds like garbage user, what about that is cute?

I had a bit of a hard time thinking of games I hate. I've played games that were infamous for being bad on the NES like Wizards and Warriors 2, where your character's basic sword attack had a pitifully short range and Deadly Towers, which needs no introduction, and I still love them because they invoke memories of me playing them on my grandparents' ancient cabinet TV from the 70's with my brothers.

I really resent pics related because Borderlands is the perfect example of being one of those hyped-up games that you play for a few hours before you set it aside on the shelf for it to collect dust. I don't want to recall why I hate this game so much, it's enough that I remember the shotgun you get from the guy with the gimpy leg that shoots out a bunch of blue swirls that have a velocity slower than the guy from David Lynch's lawn tractor movie, they spread out like a 50-year old Catamite's projectile diarrhea and, when they hit somebody, the swirls just, kind of, bitchslap the dude and he still comes running at me all goofy-like as if nothing happened.

And Modern Warfare 2's Striker is such an ineffectual piece of shit that it might as well be blasting compressed air at other players. At least it's better than Modern Warfare 3. I also had more fun playing the hidden port of Zork with a gamepad than I did playing any of Black Ops' actual modes.