NIHON FALCOM THREAD: Arges Adventure Edition

Don't forget to support the games (or not if it's a NISA release) and spoiler the spoilers!

- Tokyo Xanadu eX+ has been released for PS4 and PC. Reports of a fixed translation are in. (need proof)
- Zwei!! confirmed for English release by XSEED. Known as Zwei: The Arges Adventure
- Cold Steel 3 released in Japan. Remember to spoiler the spoilers. Game is to be split into two parts due to size. Second part is confirmed to release in 2018.
- Ys VIII released on PS4 and Vita. NISA fucked up the translation. Examples: imgur.com/a/58G3W and the promised simultaneous PC release was delayed to 2018 along with translation fixes that were initially promised to release in November.
- XSEED have ported Ys VII to PC. It is available now on Steam and GOG.
- ToCS II confirmed for PC with no release date available. New voice work is nearly completed. It is expected to release in 2018.
- Zwei: The Ilvard Insurrection has been released on Steam and GOG.

- The full Trails in the Sky trilogy is finally in English. They are available on Steam and GOG and were recently updated to include Turbo Mode.
- Trails of Cold Steel I is now on PC through Steam and GOG with gameplay enhancements and newly voiced lines of dialogue.
- Tokyo Xanadu released on Vita. Aksys fucks up the localization. Examples: imgur.com/a/RgUTF

- Trails from Zero fan tl at 50%. Ao is 79% translated, but not edited at all yet. A beta of the Zero TL from 2015 was leaked. It is full of typos and sounds like robots are talking, but it is at least coherent from start to finish. Play only if you are desperate. Machine TL of Azure has also been released, and it is as terrible as you would expect. It is completely unintelligible.
- Brandish 2 Renewal has been completed
- Ys VIII fan retranslation project has been cancelled until the official fix is released. The team wants to see if NISA can fix the problems. If not, the retranslation will continue.
- The Legend of Xanadu I & II Dub Project is finished. English tl patches coming in the next months tg-16.com/The_Legend_of_Xanadu_Dub_Project.html
- Also in the works: Dinosaur Resurrection and Vantage Master Japan

- Zwei: The Ilvard Insurrection
mega.nz/#!Bw5SURQK!fsrMwjX72trMpoXK3Vx6kKn7cgcj1h5sf5E1OSqgA0s
- Trails of Cold Steel: JP voices
mega.nz/#!WkUyhDbb!B8dXNO2aBwNHibQ7tjTCyQLrX-bbBUV2jkZVUYxJ0Q4
Dummy files (Required to write over the newly recorded English dialogue)
mega.nz/#!AoVmhDoL!h7fYCD14LQD14Ema9zWVvqHZegYJX2PF9EYWbn3x-DM
Magnet: magnet:?xt=urn:btih:6A260B5B9AA460EB5A71AA88A5B314583DF419D4
Merge the JP voices and Dummy files into one folder and dump that folder into the voice folder.

pastebin.com/G2mswYCt

Other urls found in this thread:

tg-16.com/The_Legend_of_Xanadu_Dub_Project.htm
geofront.esterior.net/2017/12/11/trails-zero-50/
archive.is/Rcd5o
archive.is/un9DL
falcom.co.jp/sen4/
archive.is/prlqf
twitter.com/KikkaVO/status/944269150553124864
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

is NISA death yet?

Yes, they are death for any game they get their hands on.

I'm hoping that with the hemorrhaging of Spike Chunsoft IPs (including Danganronpa) and the mess up of Ys VIII, they'll be on the verge of death.

It could only be so nice that at the very least, they could end up not being able to do shit on anything except NIS's own games.

So is it true that Aksys fixed Tokyo Xanadu's translation for the PC/PS4 version? Because if they did I'm willing to give them a second chance.

There are still some mistakes and weird words in the script, but allegedly, very few of them.

The port has also a few bugs, nothing too important with the exceptioon of music not playing the way it was intended (something about restarting the track and it keeps looping or something).

Falcom girls best girls

I hope someone bites the bullet and does some comparisons.

So I am enjoying Tokyo Xanadu so far but am wondering if there's a point to increase relationships with characters that will never join your party?

>That moment when you realize it's supposed to reference the Glint of the 5 mira coin

Like Cold Steel, I assume there’s an event where you can hang out with those characters.

You could also say that the coin is mede of cold steel in more than one sense.

Without going into spoilers Steel also heavily ties heavily into the Sept-Terrion plot.

Is this dead? The link leads to a 404.

I still can't find the third treasure for Sword Shrine Ascent, and the random brown box behind the door at the end of the first floor in Snowstorm Steppe. I've got everything else now but those fucking two.

For the third treasure of Sword Shrine Ascent you have to kill the hat on the first mushroom, which is actually an enemy. Then put the real hat you find later on it. The mushrooms will then open the door to the last treasure on the third floor.
For Snowstorm Steppe you probably mean the second floor. Immediately go up the bridge over the air current and knock down the barrier. You will see a Kobold who is carried away by the current. Go down and follow it. The barrier will prevent it from falling into the hole. Carry it to the door.

I would say that sen being a homonym for war is no accident either.

I got the Kobold one now, thanks. I had also already done the Footbath one. What I was actually missing was to fight the Rooster with the Bomb Cactus on top of it for the lvl 30 run.

Oops, might have added an l by accident. tg-16.com/The_Legend_of_Xanadu_Dub_Project.htm

The 50% milestone update for Trails from Zero is also up. geofront.esterior.net/2017/12/11/trails-zero-50/

Why are these blatant marketing/astroturfing shit allowed? How much is XSEED paying you? Is it worth it?

Gee, I wonder who could be behind this post.

NISA really wants them to shill.

So, is this a separate story from both tales and ys, meaning I don't need prior knowledge of another game to enjoy this? And how about the bugs, should I wait till they fix some stuff or can I jump in already?
I'm just wondering if I should go for this or the first Ys game.
Zwei is a pretty comfy game. I enjoyed the food system more than I expected.

Tokyo Xanadu is completely a separate story from any of their other games.

I mean. The name of the game should tip you off that it isn’t related to Trails or Ys.

The shadows at the bottom seems to be teases for 2018 announcements, I wonder if any of them are Falcom games.

wut?

XSEED publishes Shantae

tfw ao in 2024 just in time for cs3 in 2025

Could bleublanc's teleporting bullshit be something to do with moving between planes ? Is anything else hinting at this shown or mentioned ?
It would make sense for Ouroboros to have somebody capable of such stuff and planes are almost certainly gonna come into play again at some point, perhaps that was how he met the grandmaster, or some form of her through such means.
that or it was just foreshadowing phantasma

While I like Falcom games I hope they're Doujin games as well, especially with C93 coming up
We need more translated Nip crazy goodness.
my dik can't contain itself over all the lewd shit thats going to come out

I think that was just him being being overly romantic as always. My bet is that his abilities is plain real magic considering that witches and stuff do exist. Another theory of mine is that his staff is some nasty ass artefact that he picked up during his con artist days.

Most Ouroboros members can use teleportation.

Jesus fucking Christ I can't believe people use that fucking site, let alone people who work with stuff like Falcom games. I'd heard he used to post on Neofag but c'mon, people can't take a site where you can be banned for "extreme mansplaining" seriously.

Neofag was the same. As I recall, Hatsuu and Tom used to post there a lot. I don't know if they have accounts in ResetERA though, but it's likely.

Yeah but didn't they ban Tom because they hated Senran?

They banned him because he was adamantly against censoring it yes.

Hatsu didn't get her account banned but she was threatened (ie if she defended "pedophilia"/senran, she would be banned)

They're old NeoFag admins and likely have connections and Sony backing

do we still have our wolfs in there?

*wolves

This is some people die if they are killed shit right here.

Sakuna isn't Falcom either.

Durante has always been a neofagger. One thing I don't get why that wannabe Holla Forums but with forced registration ever took off and had people in the industry posting actively in it. The fact that SJW nest is being listened to causes me great distress.

People die if they are killed completely make sense though, so long as you know the context. NISA's Big Hole, however, will make you laugh even if you know the context.

archive.is/Rcd5o
archive.is/un9DL

Xseed isn't perfect but they still aren't NISA or Treehouse bad.

I read an interesting analysis on the new Xeno game by some Japanese speakers. Turns out the meaning of several scenes and entire characters was changed.

Ys 8 TL reads like shit but at least its literal. Seems you have to choose between translation and localisation.

I hate neoGAF so much.

Everyone there's always sucking developer cock. The industry posts there because it is a safe space.

Toxicity is a GOOD thing. It is part of this hobby. Always has been.

And what purpose does a forum have were people can't express themselves?

if this game has any conections it would be with xanadu next dont you think?

Please don't use that term ever again to describe criticism and anger.
That shit was conceived and is pushed to sterelize this hobby thanks to the likes of Blizzard, Tencent and Valve.

A medical student is a student who practices medicine.

That just sounds awkward, like as if someone MTLed it. They could've improved it with
Or something like that. People die if they are killed, meanwhile, literally cannot be improved because that line is essential to the context. I don't have an image saved, but i recall the monologue being something like

Please elaborate. Most reports I've heard is, apart from some names, it's very faithful.

control

need more sources for this

Who did the localization for this, been noticing a lot of bullshit like this.

Aksys, user. Unless you mean specifically one person.

Aksys they're all over the place. At least that's the PS4 version the vita version is worse.

cawfee and green tea?

I was specifically talking about the cringey commie references, seen some furry stuff too. I think there must have been a few blue haired tumblrites on this project.

PC version is the same localization as the PS4 one.

Fair enough

How the fuck do i get this chest ? I tried every teleporter in the room

FALCOM FUCKING SUCKS
ys8pc when

never ever with an even worse translation if it does come out.

In other news, Cold Steel 2 Kai was confirmed for PS4.

I've never wished this on Falcom's franchises before but I honestly hope something else happens to the PC version just so that NISA can dig themselves deeper.

I don't like using Ys 8 as a sacrifice but seeing a shithole like NISA squirming is amazing.

You have to go through the teleporters in a certain order. There's like two or three. One of them is the one that appears later in that section.

I saw Tokyo Xanadu on Steam, it's a bit expensive for a low budget JRPG, is it really worth it?

Yes, also get Xanadu Next whenever you can
They're not turn based as well, more action oriented

Not really. The gameplay is serviceable but ultimately not too great in my opinion. Enemies and bosses are piss easy even on the harder difficulties. I’d wait for a heavy sale and I’d wait for actual proof that the translation is fixed.

Someone I know who is playing it says they are still there.

The game has a lot of content, an amazing OST and good gameplay. Graphics aren't really that important.

Your friend is a filthy liar we fixed everything

I can confirm that fukkleducks is still in it. Other than shit translation it's fun.

This, Tokyo Xanadu is pretty disappointing in general. I heard somewhere that it was used as a testing grounds for new hires and if true that's not surprising.

Jesus Christ why does this exist?

It's okay. Imagine Persona 3/4, but with modern Ys combat, authored dungeons, and more fleshed out(but equally annoying in most cases) characters. I like it, but that's because I'm a sucker for weebshit.

I’d actually say it’s more in line with Zwei if you remove the puzzles and charm and throw in the bonding events from Cold Steel. It would be a better game, in my opinion, if it could find its own identity.

not amazing but miles better than CS1 at least

I want to fuck all of the women in Brandish The Dark Revenant.
All of them. Shopkeeps, blacksmiths, Dela, all of them.

That filename, dammit user.

Have they ever made a good game? Nope.

HOLY SHIT

Black magic.

There is a Falcom thread on ResetEra too. Very strange.

Neofag had one too, but it was mostly Estelle worship and bitching about how problematic Cold Steel was

SJWweebs are a thing, so it's not really that surprising.

They aren't real. It's entryism disguised as being part of the "fanbase" until they get loud enough to warrant "changes" in games they are pretending to be a fan of.

Daily reminder localisation is not the same as translation.

I thought they've always existed, ever since something awful was a thing.

I wonder if a counterpart to these people existed for the Liberl arc.
No
?

Nah, they're just conflicted people, like gay fundamentalists.

something awful is literally a staging ground for entryism. It isn't impossible to criticize something you like but the people from something awful/the retards at neogaf or whatever they're calling themselves these days are not fans in the traditional sense.
They see something people like gaining a fanbase and need to make sure they're in the group that can claim to be "original" fans, this allows them to use a very specific type of argument, so they can fuck with it later and use their "original fan" status to deflect criticism.
Think about people using the term
>As an old fan of I really dislike the direction the game is going
>As an old fan of , I don't like this interaction
Is it possible to have a valid argument when you say that? Sure it is. But the majority of people saying it are saying it while not liking something that has been part of the series since the beginning. So why is it suddenly not ok now? Because it has become the
That sort of argument can ONLY work if you can claim you've been with the series for a while.

Both of those posts are par for course.
Boogie was "their guy" until he said something they didn't like.
Traps have been around longer since the mentally ill retards decided they were transfaggots.
Resetera is literally just the retards of neogaf making the same retarded posts but have the "power" to punish people that disagree with them.
Realistically they probably don't play the games or are just given their talking points to repeat by some (((journalist)))

What the fuck

Durante please calm your wizardry do more, do lots more.

It begins. It will probably start getting quite difficult to dodge spoilers for CS3, anons. Just a word of warning.

falcom.co.jp/sen4/

Well.

Nothing strange here, move along, this shady falcom thread totally isn't a disguise for a neogaf thread. Did you really believed that Holla Forums users play generic jrpgs? Deep down you know it isn't true, everyone in falcom threads is an outsider.

I've seen other SJWs bitch about that scene.

Tokyo Xanadu Ex+ characters endings are seriously just "who Kou will look at" in the last cutscene? they took a hell of time with everything but could not bother making a decent ending? FFS Falcom.

and that surprise you? he is a NeoFaggot like Tom, while i respect the work both do i can't stand them as a person since both are leftists cucks, but so long that does not interfere with the games i don't care.

now that is innovative

Shit. Really hope that CS3 comes across soon and XSeed isn't waiting for both to release so they can just START working on them.

I like them but goddamn one of their flaws is that they're so fucking slow to do anything.

I remember people being mad about that.

Also that tall girl with the tan skin and green hair. Goddamn, giving me jungle fever.

Oh yeah, Leonora is hot as hell. Also she's in the swimming club.

Shareholders meeting in less than 3 hours IIRC

Great, not a word on CS3 English and Falcom is already doing marketing for CS4.

You can't learn Chinese.

Good, I'd never want to in the first place.

Well, yeah. Of course they aren't going to wait since 4 comes out next year.

>Finally buy Ys 8.

Does it get better? The characters have been utterly stripped of personality.

No, user. It doesn't get better. Did you at least get it used or did you support that tumor of a company called NISA?

Drop your life

I've always found the horseshoe theory amusing. SJW or alt right: neither of them stick to videogames.

I bought it at a pawn shop for 10 dollars. Why did they fuck this up? Ys had a chance. Had.

Kill yourself or refund the game.

I have a theory that they planned this from the start. They sweet talked Falcom to give them Ys 8. They knew they couldn't actually make the deadline, so they half assed what they could and sent it out. They sent out the translation fix promise, but didn't think that Falcom fans would notify Falcom of the shit job they did. Falcom called in angry and then NISA sent out the promise of a full retranslation.

Never believe NISA's lies.

Its a literal translation. Im okay with it because I'm a weeb. Read my share of fan translation projects.

Ys 8 is frankly the best Nisa can do really. The alternative is Burger localisation and memes to make it accessible and appealing for mainstream. I fully expect the re translation to be WORSE.

People should have listened to Xseed: buy 3 copies of their games next time.

My theory is that they just wanted a series they could latch on to since they're bleeding IPs beyond NIS's own.

Ys was made semi-popular by XSeed, so they snatched that and attempted to profit off of it. They attempted to take it, do it quick and dirty thinking that people will buy it and not say anything. Hell, other NIS fans swallow their shit all the time. And most of them are still doing it with Ys 8 (they'd eat literal shit for dual audio).

They didn't actually expect fans to mail Falcom at all.

If they actually did focus on a "better" translation, you'd have Laxia talking about fake news and alternative facts while Sahad talks in third person like a caveman.

To be honest, it's not like they just discovered this series and tried to steal it. NISA has been publishing the lastest Falcom releases on Europe.

I completely agree with this.
That's what the retranslation/relocalization attempt is for.

This translation is Star Wars prequel dialogue tier my man.

Character A: Thing happened
Character B: What a shame thing happened.

I'd take memes over this utterly dry bullshit to be perfectly honest. You can at least admit that when a localization is bad at least it's doing something with the characters besides a stale copy and paste tier job. All of the characters in this game are automatons, user.

At least with some meme painter the characters would have a shade of personality. There is no excuse for this shit.

Filling a character's dialogue with memes is not creating any personality. It is an excuse to pretend that they put in effort for a good translation of a "quirky" personality while causing the game to rapidly age.
A dry translation says only that the translator is terrible at their job and they don't understand the language or how it's spoken. You can watch what the characters are doing, how they actually say something, or how they move to get "personality".
A literal translation that makes every character speak in the same way means they're shit at their job and probably using something equivalent to google translate for increased speed along with an army of editors.

Don't look at the Endless History twitter if you're trying to avoid spoilers.

You can, if there are spoilers they will tell you.

Spoilery stuff

We actually coldsteel now

Rean's an artist. He's a performance artist. Here to fulfill your fantasies. Your deep dark fantasies.

It does.

archive.is/prlqf

It doesn't, NISA shill.

…sen IV is bigger than sen III.
Sen III was 100+ hours.

Kondo what the actual fuck?

There's a reason they're still around after all their fuck ups.
The shills flood the waterholes with stories of "improving things" and learning
They have never and will never change.

I already beat the game and I don't typically do second playthroughs so it doesn't matter much to me. I prefer to be optimistic, though.

that and the fucking french keep giving them money. It's gonna be a good day for the localization industry when France finally becomes a Shariah Controlled Zone

There is nothing to be optimistic about when NISA is involved.

The decline of Rean's smile and optimism.

Hnnnngggghh

Fuck me, I love this. Bring it on. Give me games I can sink days/weeks into.

I don’t think I’ve ever felt for a protagonist as much as I feel for Rean, to be honest. That poor bastard needs some hope, but you can tell he just doesn’t have it in him anymore.

At the same time I really love how he goes through some rough stuff. The story just keeps kicking him in the teeth. I honestly can't wait to play CS3 to see how much he's different from CS1 and CS2, and how he's beaten down for CS4.

I want to file a complaint on tracks starting off super fucking cool and then turning mediocre or shit 20 or 30 seconds in.
Sara's theme, the final dungeon from Ys7, pretty much half the Celceta OST, what gives?

What is the best Japanese only Falcom game that I can play so I can feel superior to everyone who doesn't know Japanese?

Super Mahjong

Jokes on you I love mahjong

There wasn’t a joke there, user.

Pic related

I haven't played the first two. Is this an endorsement for those as well?

She acts as if you just immediately gain all of the knowledge of Japanese as soon as you start trying to learn. She’s a dumb cunt that shouldn’t be listened to.

Did you like TiTS? Yes? You might like CS1. I haven't played CS2 yet.

I have not played any of the games

She's also a NISA shill, so that's a big red flag.

Brandish 3

There’s that as well. With a flimsy defense of “muh friends in France got to play Falcom games so NISA are the best ever” it’s amazing how people take her seriously.

Do not lewd the falcom lolis. I know this is what you're working up to. Don't do it, user.

They aren’t lolis anymore, user. They’re ripe for the plucking except Renne

I don't know why people have to keep reminding me of this. I know they're growing up.

It makes me kinda sad.

Renne's going to be an amazing ara when she grows up

Renee is used goods. She's already been plucked.

You didn’t read my post, did you.

It makes me sad too, but I’m extremely happy seeing them again. I cant bring myself to lewd any of them. Not even Fie at this point.

It was her pleasure.

I did it on purpose. A king of heroes joke, go ahead and laugh.
I didn't notice the spoiler

Falcom already lewds them though.

Well, they made them. Of course they'd lewd them.

Semi related, I cant seem to find trials of cold steel II on steam. I'm just about finished with the first and didn't think the second had been released. Sup with that? Am I the only one not seeing it in the store?

There isn't a store page for it yet. There will be one when it gets closer to release.

I've been meaning to get into Trails in the Sky, but I am unsure whether the psp or pc version is superior. halp

PC. The PSP version is old has a worse translation and none of the sequels came out on it.

Aye aye. Thanks user.

Here is a bit more information on the different versions.

Started the first Trails in the Sky today. Is everything supposed to be nearly-kicking-my-ass out in the wild? I can't avoid taking a few hits most battles. Am I playing it wrong or something? I'm only in the prologue chapter right now, where Cassius just left town for urgent business regarding Erebonia.

get a refund you nigger

Much appreciated. Looks like PC is the superior version across the board.

I will wait for the translation patch. If that ends up sucking I will never buy another localization from them again.

I didn't know they were shit. I just wanted to play Red Zelda; Island Adventure.

oh user…

I'm actually curious about something, in the grand scheme of things where do the trails games rank in the JRPG genre?

You playing on hard mode? If not then start forming strategy. The first game is pretty difficult until you start unlocking skills and get your third/fourth party members.

I'm just playing on normal mode.
oh so it's supposed to be like this? Okay, just making sure I wasn't a COMPLETE scrub. I haven't wiped yet or anything, but some of these basic enemy battles get a bit too close for being basic-bitch enemy fights.

It starts off being kinda harsh at first but then evens out after you get more party members.

The game kind of expects you to grasp the orbment mechanics almost right out of the gate too.

ah that explains it all then.
Basically I just need to gitgud

I don't remember TitS 1 being hard, but by 3 the difficulty is all sorts of fucked up. There's something incredibly weird going on with the stats that makes enemies essentially immune to physical damage from anything but your heaviest hitters. There are a ton of middle of the road characters like Julia and both Estelle and Joshua. Estelle is obviously supposed to be a physical-leaning sort of jack of all trades characters, but because of, I assume, the inflated levels she does essentially no damage. Characters like Julia do outright zero fucking damage unless you stack all your attack gear on her, in which case she'll lightly tickle the enemies (and you'll have screwed yourself over because then your heavy hitters don't have it). Even when using her skills. Since the middle of the road characters can't measure up to the dedicated spell casters like Renne, they're completely useless for anything but using buffing with things like the earth shield. It's an incredibly odd balance choice. Note that this was on hard difficulty since random battles are ridiculously easy (with bosses being huge difficulty spikes), but that's no excuse to essentially delete some characters.

Also about CS1:
It's particularly bad with the teachers at the end. They just stand around braying and complimenting each other on how strong they are for minutes while the enemy gundams just stand there. And they use fucking swords and a sniper rifle to fight gundams. Gundams that minutes ago easily destroyed all the army's tanks. Speaking of which:
>Right at the very fucking end all the bad guys suddenly have literally gundams and destroy any tank around without a scratch. Oh but of course a bunch of old people can beat them with a sword, a gun and two arts users, and your ragtag group of students can beat one up too by hitting its feet with swords. And then you get your own so that you can play rock paper scissors with memorization as the final boss (also you can't win on the highest difficulty unless you have RNG on your side). Then your class members hold a fucking speech and sacrifice themselves to defend you when the opponent could literally ignore them and kill you, though they survive anyway because reasons. What was the point in all the game being about war and armies and tanks when you're just going to invalidate it all in the last half hour? Why does everyone just stand around talking about each other's powerlevel? Was the fucking game written by Shonen Jump editors? I can't even remember when I last was this disappointed by a game's ending. Sky had some elements of both Shonen Jump style shit and mechas, but CS was ten times worse. Please tell me CS2 and 3 aren't this bad. Giving MC his own superpowered mecha when you've spent several ingame months setting up the motorcycle as his special mode of transportation is also stupid.
Also the credits music is both terrible and extremely unfitting for the context.

Dunno if you'd consider it better but the mechs become more widespread, much moreso by CS3. Also even in 2 they tone down how OP the mechs are, tank squads and even some special infantry units with grenade launchers can hold them off, pretty much after the tutuorial town of 2 you go to the nord highlands where the mechs are at a standstill facing zechs and his tank division. Honestly i feel they just wanted the end of CS1 to feel dramatic and threw out any balancing/consistency that returns come CS2/3.
also he does get to use the bike, and horses as transportation as well as an airship although the mech is used at the very start

I'd agree with you regarding the self congratulatory crap for characters and while the shit with crow not killing everyone is sorta explained in CS2, i'd also agree although regarding the difficulty of the final mech fight, and "rng" this has been autistically debunked a few times, extensively so only a few threads back, i don't have archives but somebody might i'm not gonna shit up a thread going through the same crap multiple times but to put it briefly, it's rng a max of two attacks untill you'll know all weaknesses, and unless your severely underleveled it's fairly simple even on nightmare, people just don't pay attention to the weaknesses don't look at their skills and plan ahead, while it is just dumped on you, all the knowledge to easily win is available, they even give what is essentially a practise battle.
the combat seriously improves come CS2 as well making it feel less shit since there are more abilities and combat options

Tita and Richard winslol

Which combat? The normal combat or the mech combat?

IIRC the gundams aren't all that sudden. They were being built by the Reinford company's 5th divison under Duke Cayenne's request. Part of Alisa's story was discovering that the 5th division was working for the nobles. They attempted to fashion the soldats after Ordine/Crow's mecha, making them able to outpace tanks while having armor to shrug off most large projectiles. Also remember that this is an entirely new enemy for tank squadrons to defend against. Infantry with swords and smaller bullets are more effective because I believe they made a point of focusing on the joints where the armor was weakest. Smaller agile targets are harder to hit; but also arts provide blasting and support that tanks don't have.

And yeah, there's a lot of powerlevel talk going on. You're just more exposed to characters with power levels like the principal and whoever. Compared to Sky. Thomas especially is someone special. Sharon is ouroboros so she's par for the course. But it's well known that "legendary" characters (ie ones that have a nickname or title) are superhuman. It's kind of annoying in CS1 but personally it didn't bother me much. They also get overpowered because of more soldats coming in, which allows Trista to be taken over. There are also different types of soldats.

Also the entire game isn't really about tanks themselves, it's about how the nobles are gathering funds, resources while tensions are rising between the nobles and reformists. Not necessarily their equipment. There is a focus on the display of power from the empire's tanks, but that's to make the soldats seem more powerful when the tanks get shut down later due to the surprise attacks. It's shown more in CS2 where tanks are able to cut down or at least fight on par with soldats through strategy.

CS2 answers how the class survives, but if you wanna know now Victor and the Courageous arrive at the last second.

You use the bike in CS2, don't worry.

What the fuck? The game is pretty easy and made even for idiots on normal difficulty. If you were talking about shit like the first SC boss or something like that, yeah, I'd understand, but FC is pretty easy for the most part.

Yes. The thing about TiTS is that you have to update your armor/weapons every time you enter a new town, otherwise you will get steamrolled. Sell your more valuable sepith, you will always get more and its only a hassle in the beginning as you don't have any cash.

I was specifically referring to the mech combat which greatly improves, iirc the normal combat stays mainly the same, although there are some additions obviously, although it could be considered somewhat better since you get more party members and for most of the game can freely choose your party, similar to how TiTS2 did it but with a larger selection. I think there may be more orbments available early on too, that and skills being already unlocked from 1 saves you the whole basic combat shit at the start most rpg's suffer from.

Dunno what normal is like since i've never played it myself, does anybody have a damage/health comparison table ?

Hard can definitely be difficult at the start though, largely due to a lack of sepith necessitating back and forth attacks, if one plays TiTS like a modern rpg and assumes you could just run through without needing healing/return trips I could see somebody having difficulty, i'd second although specify saving time sepith.
and i say this as a faggot who played on nightmare for TiTS1/2 first time through, SC truly was a fucking nightmare

On a side note does anybody know of any fun challenge runs for TiTS, or maybe CS, thought about replaying but i'd find a vanilla run to easy now ?

Don't. Just make as many quests as possible and use your brain when it comes to buying shit. If you need money, grind the sepith that you will sell later, but you'll need as much sepith as possible sooner or later even if it's just to open slots.

So are the brandish sequels any good, or should I wait for a The Dark Revenant-esque remake?

I used the undub for Zwei 2 but some cutscenes are still in English. What's the deal with that?

.>>14022530

The English version has more voiced lines. You need to get rid of them, or just use the .bat file that I got with the undub I used. Or even better, get rid of voices altogether. I didn't think any of them really fit. Alwen was unfitting in English as expected, and Ragna is way too nasal in the Japanese one.

We won't get more Brandish remakes in the future, and yes, those are good.

Why

Because Brandish doesn't sell

because people don't play good games, especially older ones
While it's a possibility it'd be highly unlikely and you could be waiting years or decades, society could collapse before a remake comes if ever
That and the sequels aren't bad themselves

Ys VIII Relocalization Sample

What do you think?

Ex+ confirmed for not having a fixed localization.

Are there more screenshots of this shit I can find somewhere?

At this point all I can care about is the port. Just release the fucking game and let me pirate it already.

Jesus Christ they don’t even care

I’m just pulling them off of twitter whenever I see them.

of course

Holy shit. That can't be real. What the fuck was the original dialog?

Sleep tight, loli.

Is it me or does the dialog end kind of abruptly.

The original TL was stiff, autistic and weeb. It worked for me. All it needed in my opinion was an editor so that non mentally ill people could enjoy it.

Instead they are adding their Nisa flavour. Predictable.

It was abrupt when Laxia just brought up Hummel out of nowhere. The entire exchange felt disjointed.

Can’t show what people actually think of their latest hackjob, of course.

But how good is the voice acting?

WELL DONE AKSYS

Is Tokyo Xanadu as good as Xanadu Next?

For the PSP or the PC versions?
PC versions have VA for battle lines and whatnot, but you can turn em off. They're mostly alright, nothing too good and nothing too bad. The PC I have no idea.

It's a completely different game, it would be like comparing Ys to Trails. It's more like a mix of the Ys gameplay + Trails system.

God no. Next is one of Falcom’s best games. Tokyo is a worse Zwei but with Cold Steel bonding events and modern Ys material grinding.

What did she mean by this?

Seriously, what does that mean?

I would assume by her stance she means she’s taking a loss. They just decided to spice it up horribly.

THEY SAID IT WAS FIXED

THEY TOLD ME IT WAS A BETTER TRANSLATION AND WITHOUT MEMES

They LIED TO ME

Well Fukkleducks.

I really fucking hate these people.

twitter.com/KikkaVO/status/944269150553124864

Last brandish question, I swear.
Is there anything similar(as in completely different story, playstyle and level design) to Dela mode in any of the sequels or is that only exclusive to the Dark Revenant?
Also I find it hilarious how little Ares changes visually with his gear but how much effort seems to have been put into Dela's headgear.

Also I don't get why Falcom's decided that the only things that should change visually are the sword/shields of the characters and not their armor past a certain timeframe. Hell in the trails games nothing even changes besides a few costumes.I get why because you have 9+ party members but still.

Xseed has a hard life.

Always the same faggots.

Fucking disgusting.

These fucking kikes. I hate that they manipulate and extort by using the natural good in others, it is the most contemptible thing I can possibly think of.

btw my cat died, can you put some furries in your games already?

What is this referring to?

Looks like Floofy is back on the “How can people be mad about Ys 8 and defend one horrible line in the rough draft of Zero!?” train again.

SJWs being SJWs.

That's just because she's super salty about the rough translation. She actually does dislike NISA because they never responded to her about some interview or something. She's just using the NISA outrage to try and shit on the rough translation some more.

I don't see what's the problem. If you complain about game A for having a shitty translation, being ok with game B for having a shitty translation makes absolutely no sense.

"Trap"

This track always sounds like a Christmas song to me.

Merry Christmas, faggots.

Apparently Sen IV will have tons of playable characters, and we'll also be guessing whether Rean is the protag or not of that game.

ZnK and Ys 8 were both perfectly playable. Neither of them contained any memes or censorship. People are just spoiled with Xseed I guess. I'm easily pleased, if I can follow the story its good enough. The story is what matters.

I played through ZnK's shitty translation. The reason why I didn't hate it was because it was free and the game showed no sign of coming to the west. I'm also easier on it because it's done by people who are just fans of the series who wanted other people to play it without asking for a price to use their translation.

However, I'm not paying for a shitty translation, especially if done by what's supposed to be an actual localization group. Ys 8's localization is crappy and done with the expectation that people will spend money for it and eat it up without complaining.

If Ys8 had a low or zero chance of coming across, and someone translated it like NISA did and put out that translation for free, I wouldn't have a problem with it.

Kikedyo/assylium plz go

I want to get this straight. CS2 will spoil Zero completely at like the first boss, right? Then as CS2 progress it'll spoil/hint at stuff from Azure?

With the fan translations maybe closing in to finish sometime next year and the long wait for CS3, I'm trying to figure out if it is worth it to wait to play CS2 until after the Crossbell games.

No, there is one mayor spoiler at the end about the ending of Azure. It basically spoils the cliffhanger that happens after the plot of Azure is resolved, but not really whats happening in Crossbell.
If you want to avoid that spoiler, stop playing when the credits end. There is a few hours of gameplay after that.

Honestly Ao spoils way more of CS's plot than visa versa. The only weird thing about CS2 is there is a part close to the end that won't hit as hard if you haven't played the Crossbell games. There is no perfect answer. Probably the best solution is what suggested, but even that has the downside of killing the pacing stone dead.

Hello guys. I have a question. Anyone know where I can a bunch of old Falcom art at? It's kinda of a pain to look all over for them.

Well I know you can find the Sky and Crossbell artbooks on Sadpanda of all places, but I'm not sure about other stuff.

Thanks for the info. Seems like I am hosed either way. Kiseki is truly suffering.

Hatsuu has started posting in the discord.

Also

Well, at least she's not actually on charge of the story.

I want to Hug Renne

FREE YOURSELVES FROM THE YOKE THAT IS 2D
1D IS PURE BLISS AND BEYOND REPROACH
Or will you perish like a dog?

Newspaper texture?

Falcom just used some stock art that was dumb and had real world stuff on it. No it was the "if by some miracle" part I was concerned about.

I doubt she'd go into a discord and give off any leads that they're working on Sen 3.

I wouldn't expect her to. But I wouldn't expect her to more or less hint its way up in the air either. I'm going to be nervous about this until we get an actual announcement either way.

So I'm a ways into chapter 1 now, just got to the part where I'm supposed to find Nial after having met with the Mayor again (after speaking with General Morgan and I can't find him for shit. I've turned Bose upside down looking for his cigarette-smoking ass and haven't seen hide nor hair. Can any of you at give me some sort of hint where he is? I already cleared the Amberl Tower too, thinking maybe he and Dorothy were there, but they weren't

Also, how am I doing for Orbments? I'm not really sure what the fuck to do with Estelle so she's my healslut currently.

If I remember correctly Nial was at the Kirsche Bar.

agh for real? I thought I looked there already. I was kind of rushing around though, thanks user!

yep he was there. Just tucked away in a corner of the bar. thanks user

I want to bully her

Stop bullying the vampire loli, Emma.

What fucking planet are you on?

I recently finished Ys II. Definitely more satisfying than the first one. Ys II at least added magic. The bosses were more doable than in Ys I where you had that scattering bats faggot and dark fact bouncing all over the fucking place while destroying the stage every time you hit him. The end boss of Ys II was a goddamn cake walk by comparison since you had overpowered shield magic. The story was better also. There were a lot of interconnected characters with little character arcs. Like Keith who had to live as a demon after demons killed his sister or Sada who tried to rescue his fiancee from being sacrificed. Lilia who had an illness, was cured, then kept going off trying to help Adol despite worrying all the villagers. There was that old guy Regg who was miserable since the temple was infested with demons and he couldn't go searching for relics to study, if you talk to him as a fake Rue he's like "just kill me". Being able to talk to the demons added a lot more character to the game as well I usually forget a lot of story stuff from games but I remember quite a bit from this game for some reason. Ys I was, mechanically, underwhelming and, story-wise, fairly forgettable by comparison.

The only bit that was kind of a letdown in Ys II was at the end Feena says goodbye to Adol and Adol goes back to Lance Village with Lilia. Feena looked really upset that she couldn't be with Adol. I guess because she's immortal and has to go do goddess things like holding an orb and sprouting wings with her sister Reah while looking like some sorta album cover. Why can't she just fug Adol? She clearly wanted to fug Adol. But no, he has to go live with the human girl Lilia who is admittedly a damn fine waifu but certainly no goddess.

The only woman Adol will ever fug is a hot little number who calls herself Adventure

Also the giant zombie head boss looked the coolest. I liked a lot of the aesthetics.

What a gay.

I'm having fun. I can't believe I waited so long to play this. I'm loving this story. Also
what's the deal with the Black Notebook I found in the Sky Bandit's Den? I'm guessing that's something that will come into play later?

It's for a secret quest that takes place during that chapter. If you went to the orbal factory it hints that the shop keep or whoever it was was taken into custody under suspicion of some shit, and if you go to the fortress dungeon you can find the shop keep being questioned there and you can submit the notebook as evidence. I'm not sure if you can still complete it or not.

Is Towa in any way related to the protagonist of Nayuta no Kiseki? Same last name and all.

It's probably just a reference. Like Towa in Tokyo Xanadu.

Nayuta doesn’t have anything to do with the other Kiseki games. Falcom just like to put references to their other games in their games. It’s still a fantastic game, though.

Actually, CS3 muddies this even more because they show a picture of Towa's grandfather and he looks like Nayuta. It could still just be a cheeky in-joke, though.

Is it? I mean I'm not too far into it but so far it seems nothing too special. Not that it's bad, but I don't think it's gonna stick with me like Brandish TDR or Xanadu next.

ahhhh damn. Well, ill try to go back up to Hakuen gate and see if I can or not. If I can't, Oh well i guess. I'm not exactly going for a 100% run anyway.

FC is very generous with BP. You basically have to try not to reach 1st class. Contrast with SC which has a 2 point margin for error to reach A-rank. That being said, A-rank is actually not canon anyway.

There's gonna be CS4 news in Dengeki in a week and a few days.

inb4 CS5
It's gonna make it a lot harder for people to avoid CS3 spoilers though, here's hoping its just character announcements and ambiguities since i doubt there'll be too many new features.

>mfw since Loewe and Renne were already shown they’ll show Estelle and Joshua** next

>Lowe

Did you mean Crow? Because I don't know where you're getting Lowe.

My mistake.

oh is that so? I was starting to think so honestly, since I'm 3rd class now, just getting to Zweiss. I've just been doing all the bulletin board sidequests, and maybe the one or two "secret" one's I'd come across, such as the two during the School Festival. I went to Sapphirl tower to see if that researcher guy was there but he never was or was I just supposed to go before the end of chapter 2?

I'm kind of surprised how short this game is though, I was expecting a much longer game, but I found out just now I'm already past the halfway point, 18 hours in. Granted, Turbo Mode for traveling and Battles has a made a world of difference i'm sure.

FC and 3rd are by far the shortest games in the series. All the others are almost or over twice as long.

There's plot density to consider as well the first half of fc is pretty much the calmest part of all kiseki, fc ecpecially has its last quarter contain most of the plot barring foeshadowing and buildup

so SC is pretty long then? Or is it similar length as the first and 3rd games as well. And I'm not really complaining, I'm more just surprised than anything.

damn I thought it was getting kind of wild when the orphanage got burned down but then again nobody died.

Oh man if you thought that was wild, I can't wait to see what you think of SC.

I can't wait to finish FC to start SC.

I've happened to see some spoilers for Cold Steel, the first game at least and know that it gets pretty fucking nuts at the end with something about a mech? I don't know much BEYOND that however. Good thing there's 4 CS games

Honestly, I'm only playing through TitS games to get to the Cold Steel games in the first place.

I'm glad you're enjoying Sky then. I think all the Trails series are pretty good. Cold Steel will be a slightly richer experience because you know characters from the previous games.

And SC gets crazy.

Well that's a little disappointing. They at least didn't hit it as hard and were smart enough to make no visual changes. I don't mind names being changed to line up more with western connotations for things like fire and that, but the changes to the Poppi dialogue were stupid, especially when every person playing picks up on the implications anyway. I also figured Sheba was a lesbian too because her heart to heart still implies it, so trying to obscure it seems dumb.

I LOVE FALCOM!!!!!!

Some of the name changes are just kind of translating a japanese thing ti an english thing but the vast majority of changes just seem to be completely fucking random. Also they are proper names just keep them the same people will look up the deeper meaning to names if they want. The content stuff just seems really fucking weird like if you watch anime at all you know exactly what the original dialogue was especially if you have the Japanese VO on. It just seems like they are making changes for the sake of it or because they have like very specific rules against certain things.

I would not be the least bit shocked if this was true.

Like it seems that religious stuff is avoided which is why Rakuen was changed to Greek heaven which is fine since greek mythology isn't practiced anymore. Also I wouldn't be surprised if homosexuality is just not allowed, along with sexualization of children. I could be wrong about the homosexuality though I'm not sure if they kept any of the stuff from Fire emblem Fates in the localization.

I didn't find 3rd as crazy as SC. Sure the circumstances are incredibly unnatural. But there is a lot of focus on character motivations, details and development rather than plot where the stakes keep getting higher

Forget about "stakes getting higher", the 3rd is literally a hell that shows you some some of the most fucked up scenes of the entire franchise.

That's true, but I still never thought of it as crazy. It's still pretty amazing though.

Cold Steel 1 is garbage and I'm contemplating not giving CS2 a shot.

i've heard the opinions on CS1 are pretty split, that it's fairly different from the TitS series. But I've also been told that during CS2 it really picks up. But it's not like I actually know anything so take this with a grain of salt.

i'm looking forward to crazy

People overstate how much the "school setting" takes over the plot, since most if the game's meat is I the field studies and it really is just a typical trails game wearing a different hat, but I will say much like FC, CS1 is a lot more low key. I mean, comparing the conflicts of the first game to the later ones, particularly CS3, does make the problems in CS1 seem trivial. That said, the first game is always more about world building.

Still, I'd you found the orphanage plot in FC compelling, I doubt you have anything to worry about with CS.

Playing through Nayuta a bit more I'm starting to think this should have been the new-ys gameplay style than the one we have now.

It's the same formula as FC but more railroaded (go to new place, do quests, shit happens). There's also stuff with the school but it doesn't take a whole lot of prevalence. You get to see a few classes here or there, but most of the time the game fast forwards through days where nothing happens to get to the next plot important bit.

A lot of questions left hanging in Cold Steel 1 get answered in Cold Steel 2, if you pay a lot of attention. Any questions left over probably get answered in 3 and 4. I've yet to play or see 3 so I can't say for sure.

I really like CS1, but really it's just like FC where it works as a buildup for the rest of games.

ah I see
great to know

I gotcha.

Whatever happened to the celceta PC port? did NISA getting Dana fuck everything up?
In the meantime the fucking chinese port got translated

NISA are holding an event on the 9th of Feb. Get ready for Flashy Paths 3 announcement.

That happened like 1 year ago mate. At this point everyone expects XSEED eventually port Celceta to PC, so I guess it's a matter of time.

Yeah, just like when the Twitter announcement was CS3 right? When are people gonna realize NISA poisoned the well?

I cannot think of another company that makes me fucking scared whenever they say they have games to announce.

Xseed can port it but that won't change how shit Celceta is and how Dawn of Ys is the definitive version.

Wasn't the whole point of Celceta that Falcom wanted to correct Dawn of Ys and Mask of the Sun? It's only the second one I've played after oath in felghana so I don't have much to go off of. I liked it okay enough just was not anywhere near as enjoyable as oath in felghana. The party system seemed like more of a hindrance than anything early on then it just made the game easier when you stocked everyone up and they just acted as extra lives.

Anyways we need new thread soon. Hopefully someone can make an OP.

As much as I enjoyed that game, sorry but not, it isn't, it's not even canon.

New bread