Studio announces new project while very obviously still in just the conceptualization stage

Why do companies do this? This shit is the most self-sabotaging stunt you can pull outside of being Present Day EA.
Sure it starts building hype early, but that just guarantees that a huge portion of your population is gonna get impatient or disinterested with you when months or even a year passes with no new information because you haven’t built your main attractions yet because you unveiled the project before you even started the foundational work, let alone gotten past it.
If you added up the mental capacity of every normalfag alive, their total attention span would still come short of the average fruit fly, they’re not gonna hold their breath forever, and by the time the devs have enough material for a new announcement they will have either forgotten it entirely or feel shortchanged on their prior emotional investment and thus antagonistic to the project, so the company would have been better off waiting until they were half-done or more before making a proper reveal.
That’s not getting into how projects that get announced while still nothing but a name have every part of their development cycle nitpicked to hell by the public and are vastly more likely to become Vaporware.
Seriously, what possible good reason could there ever be for a company to do something stupid like this?

It's to stall the damage of a more recent release. They wouldn't announce Prime 4 if Samus Returns didn't look like shit.

They have nothing else to announce.

Oh boy another boring snail-paced FPS. Metroid is dead.

LOL
Fuck me I just want to play it already.

are we still im limbo hell for otherworld?
i mean last i remember i heard was they were working on it they didn't like where some shit was going and were probably hitting walls and decided to Rework from the ground up again. which was again why we got more terraria updates and PORTS

in case of metroid prime 4 it was damage control after the royal fuck up with AM2R.

That trailer really stole my souls

Basically. More specifically Engine Software is out as co-developers and Pipeworks is in. Development actually restarted sometime around march or april of this year, pretty much from the ground up. Anything and potentially EVERYTHING before that point could be a wipe.
tl;dr When you think of Terraria Otherworld now don't think of it as being in development for 2 years, think of it only being in development for about 8 months.
I hope they don't change the new devourers though. I think they're cute.

I think in the case of Prime 4, Nintendo is trying to get on people's good side by saying "things you've been begging for are coming"

For the most part having at least one big title that they can hype up/dangle in front of you over time is a way for them to keep interest in their console. BotW was that thing for the entirety of the Wii U, even if it ended up on the Switch as well.

I'd fuck it

Because of the current-year hype machine. No other reason.

Was any reason given as to what happened with Engine Software to have them be let go?

Do you think they'll port over the trilogy in the meantime?

It's to appease investors. It provides an immediate short-term increase to the company's stock value and gives their investors confidence that something is actually being made (in a format that's short enough to impress the investors who don't give a flying shit about video games).

Moviebob out.

Samus returns was good though. Aside from amiibo jewery, which was horrendous.

That it exists at all is the point you asslicker.

It creates something they can show to shareholders to generate money

It's how you begin to generate hype chucklefuck. It leaves a big ass window of speculation from consumers that marketers can collect information that will be used to figure out what the best approach on how to release more info and who to target.

It's marketing 101.

Most people are angry the doublehard mode and the fusion suits were locked behind the Metroid Amiibo™

I would've bought it if they didn't pull that shit.

Except Metroid Prime 4 started active development in 2015

Yeah, the special samus amiibo shows the metroid 2 manual art and the others do shit like free energy, but he one that's actually wanted is the squishy metroid amiibo since that unlocks extra hard mode+fusion suit.

All shit that used to be normal unlockables, not DLC.

There's a 5$ plastic cart thing that you can use an android app to put hacked amiibo data on. Just get it used to not support jewtendo if you want to play it, and use that shit to get around the amiibos.

Nah mate, people liked Samus Returns. It was because Metroid fans are upset and have been since Prime 3, so they needed to do something to shut their mouths. You know those jewtubers who do "reactions" to these E3 streams? Every one of them went "lol we no get no Metroid haha upvote my brothers" and were all going nuts over that announcement.
Frankly, people expect that they'll only get info once every year, during E3, and if the trailer is "hype" enough for them, all that excitement will come back.

In the case of Metroid Prime it was clearly done by Nintendo to show that they are actually listening to their community, after years of accusations that they don't care at their important franchises apart from Mario and Zelda.

Pretty much an assurance for the future of the Switch I suppose.

With the From Software game fuck if I know. Desperation? Was it shown at PSX? If it was possibly because Sony gave them a bunch of money

Sony probably paid them off to show something because PSX was fucking baren, only noteworthy annoucements were the Medievil remaster and the Rick and Morty VR game, and they need to compete with the Switch for the holidays.

Just because it's popular doesn't mean it's bad

I didn't say it was good.
It was just something that people gave a shit about.

I don't believe I defended Other M in that post at all.

Because faggots were screeching loudly over that fucking 3DS game, and everyone else was pissed over that AM2R debacle. Nintendo panicked and needed something to placate people, what else is there to get?

As an actual answer, the purpose of those teasers and trailers isn't to entertain us, it's to obtain investors.

Isn't that guy on the right some Aussie who had this gaming show online years ago?

ninturds will defend this level of jewry

What's this Other M? It sounds disappointing and insulting.

though, how can anyone be hyped after Nintendo already revealed Retro wouldn't be working on prime 4… A concluded franchise being dug up from the grave due to notoriety by a different studio, Halo 4 vibes anyone?

Or the fact that the titular Metroid Prime is fucking dead, making the title pointless. It's just an artifact at this point and shows they don't have any sort of ambition towards moving the series forward.

how

an hour long is a bit hyperbolic. It was a 11 minute "Breakdown".

It's too early to be enthusiastic
At the same time, it is too early to have an opinion at all
Marketing wise they did the right choice, now people are generating hype, by letting them know it is in development

I fucking hope From's next game has no lore or depth so this fag can fuck off forever

That's still 655 seconds too long

Vaati would make a cute gay bottom
but he's too manlet to fuck anyone

vid

(checked)
Just seeing that face makes eye twitch a little.

i still get quite visibly upset

I had to stop scrolling and mention how much I fucking hate that image. It never ceases to piss me off.