EA selling their shares after Battlefront 2 fiasco

archive.is/BNTIL

Guess Battlefront 2 has become EA's first nail in the coffin.

Other urls found in this thread:

fortune.com/2017/12/08/star-wars-battlefront-ii-sales/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Bummer. I guess the whaling continues unabated on their other fishing spots.

tl;dr

physical sales of battlefront ii are down significantly but ea has not adjusted their revenue predictions even though they have a tendency to do so when they know they won't make them

We got an EA shill here.

Oh yeah, we did it rebbit, the single most downvoted comment in history, am I right? :)

Bump and reported.

You should go back.

That's just RPing

The important thing is the Star Wars license is now at risk for them. Which if they lose the contract with Disney, that's a big blow to their reputation and they'll have trouble working with any other companies in the future.

EA HAS BEEN FUCKING UP AT THIS LEVEL FOR YEARS NOW - THEY'RE STILL GOING

If EA loses the Star Wars license could disney force Tortanic to close?

What's going on in this timeline?

Hubris is what's going on

It’s been confirmed that EA has sold less than 1,000,000 physical copies of Battlefront II so far.
fortune.com/2017/12/08/star-wars-battlefront-ii-sales/
It may pick up over the course of the holiday sales, but they’re never gonna get remotely close to the figures they needed to get.
It may not become a deathblow, but they’ll remember this broken nose for years to come.

right until 100,000 of those sales are whales.

It probably won't pick up much if the rumor that stores are being told to return all copies is true.

Its finally started.

They're doing this after blatantly buying their own stock using shell companies to inflate their numbers. I'm pretty sure that's illegal.

This is why you shouldn't get excited, user. Digital has been growing considerably as the method by which normies buy games. It's also good for publishers like EA since there's no way for the public to track those figures usually, so they don't have to say shit about it.

In other words, that article is largely meaningless.

What is valuable, however, is that EA has been tightlipped about BF2's sales. Remember user, if a game is selling well, publishers will let you know immediately because positive news helps drive more sales.

But if a game is selling badly or underperforming, they'll not say a damn word.

Silence = mediocre to faltering sales.

They're sourcing fucking Pachter, take every extrapolation the guy makes with a bucket of salt.

Why does anyone listen to this faggot anymore when it comes to games?
Almost every prediction he has made about vidya has been fucking wrong.

The comment that turned a million redditors into financial experts overnight.

Technology companies got blasted across the board recently due the big money makers rotating money into other sectors. EA got off positively lightly compared to other companies (just take a look at AMD). At the end of the day EA will still make money and this scandal won't mean much.

It will be like the Worst Company award, they will flutter but not give much a fuck and still be scummy

They could actually, if they view it as detrimental to the Star Wars brand. And given from what I've read the ingame story turned pants on head retarded, I wouldn't blame them.

I want to believe that EA is in trouble too, but the numbers for it simply aren't there, in the grand scheme of things. What happened in 2009?

hownew.ru2live

see

Alot of people killed themselves.

Oh, shit. It hadn't occurred to me that it would have affected EA that badly.

It affected the global economy

I don't know about you fuckers, but I know gamers are dumbasses and I am prepared to make a profit on this just like when I bought Microsoft stock after their Xbone reveal. Gamers have the memory of goldfish.

You mean people.

Why don't we all buy stocks in EA and form an alliance so we can start calling the shots over there?

I don't think 8/v/ could come up with the literal billion USD required to do so, user.

It's still an incredibly risky move in todays tech market. The smallest miss in the next quarterly earnings will send it tanking. Might be in a position to make a small gain over the next week or two as part of a general tech recovery rather than anything to do with this scandal. It's just not worth it really.

EA strategy having multiple production cycles going on are what makes it so strong compared to smaller studios due to how much time and money is required to be invested before it turns a profit. As stated in the article EA did get hurt by the sales of this doing poorly but thanks to the revenue from other sources they bottom line is not in peril. Yet

I replied to the wrong person.

meant for

Does working in the army count as government handouts?

The military has actual standards so no.

Are you saying a bunch of Holla Forumsbittors circlejerking don't do much?!

LOL no they fucking don't. They let all kinds of fatasses and females in now, give you iPads and "social networking time" in boot camp, and nobody can yell at you.

You're joking.

No, Holla Forums, it doesn't, because working for the military involves doing work. Government handouts are what Shaniqua and Jose get for adding (((diversity))).

I fucking wish.

Fat asses are put on special diet restrictions and it's the same if you're too skinny as they need you to gain weight. Women being accepted has definitely ruined some things but you're exaggerating.

EA, after running out of shit to sell, it sells itself.

Bullshit. Just because your country is cucked doesn’t mean all Western militaries are soft now. Every other country’s military is still hard and still has standards.

Also, I doubt your marines or the US army are doing that. It’s probably an airforce thing.

Fixed that for you

Bootcamp is meant to get you in shape, so unless you're obese, there's no real reason to not accept someone overweight or underweight. The tablet thing is actually the Navy, not the Airforce.

You fucking shills.

WE DON'T DO BOYCOTTS.
DON'T ATTACK DEVELOPERS

You are giving GamerGate a bad name you fucking cunts, don't fall for this guys, buy Battlefront2

I almost bit the bait until the last line. Well memed, my negro friend.

lazy

ummmm no way you're from around here lol

Eh, made me chuckle.

No longer censored?
What about kino?

Y U NO BUY GAEM THO?

Well I mean we could probably get a billion, in zimbabwean dollars. And say it's for diversity

Even Zimbabwe doesn't use Zimbabwean dollars anymore user

So I've been hearing rumors that Anthem is in deep shit, and some of it's senior level staff are bailing. How much you wanna bet it's going to be another ME:A shitshow, EA will spin it by saying that the losses incurred due to "the community" backlash caused them to tighten the belt and produce a sub-par game - meanwhile they can't afford to keep Bioware open so they'll have to be shut down.

Apologize

I don't think it should be handed back to Lucas. Episode VII may have been a ((CURRENT YEAR)) rip-off of Episode IV, but that doesn't make the prequels good. And I don't think Lucas has the passion for Star Wars anymore. It had a good run, just put it to rest.

you had one job

JUST FUCK MY COMPANY UP

Are you trying to defeat your own point?

ironic shitposting is still shitposting

I'm trying to show two different time scales. The first image is three months, while the second image is about 27 years. I'm no stock expert, but it's common knowledge that stocks fluctuate and you have to look at it over a long period of time. They're still immensely profitable, and the recent sharp downturn is smaller than several other downturns they've faced in the past. They've certainly taken a hit, but they're not in any serious trouble yet. If this is all that happens to them, they'll probably rebound. Hopefully, they'll lose the Star Wars contract and things will snowball a bit.

G*mergate hacked the reddit comment that caused this chain reaction, they set the downvote values to negative hundreds of thousands to make people think there was a bandwagon and embolden all the sexist EA haters.

You heterocispatriarchal phallo-hegemonic manspreado-capitalist pieces of shit want to destroy EA just because they publish LGBTQIA2+ interactive experiences.

Wew, did someone really get that asshurt?
Also I wont start dancing until I see some serious rumblings from EA, or the stock keeps plummeting.

The ratio is usually 1% or so user

Its been a while since I've had a good belly laugh, goddamn this thread is hilarious

They won't. Normalshits will forget about any of this ever happening in about half a year's time and it'll be back to business as usual. Disney getting cold feet when it come to parading their Star Wars corpse around is the strangest thing about this whole situation.

Disney already had to deal with Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite tanking, so their reaction to EA's fuck-up is probably them tightening the belt on the property.

It would take a massive level of coordination for poor NEETs and children to be able to afford any amount of stock in a major publicly-traded company, let alone the amount of stock required to be able to make any sort of impact on business decisions.

Now if, somehow, somebody won the lottery and invested basically every cent into EA, it might be possible to turn a head or two, but you're still competing with people who wipe their asses with that amount of money on a weekly basis, and there are more of them than there are of us. Good luck making any sort of change by buying stock unless you're literally willing to Jew your way into the money required to meet the bare minimum level of acceptance in those circles.

No, it's true. Army boot camp gives recruits an hour of 'phone time' every day. The Navy has required "white privilege" and pro-LGBTQQIABCDEFG69+™ training for a few years now. Women are allowed onto the front lines, and gays and trannies are openly allowed into the service.

After the election last year, leaders were forced to tell their sailors that if they didn't feel safe or comfortable, they would be around to 'talk about their feelings'.

All the while, staffing has gone down considerably and people actually in the service have very, very little respect for the institution. Despite the ridiculous amount of money spent on our military, it goes nowhere it needs to, and everything suffers as a result.

They won't forget about it entirely, but EA won't stop until their current CEO gets fired or steps down for grossly mishandling the business. It's not going to stop anything until people get so fucking tired of it that the business loses any and all credibility and their stock price drops by 10-15% or more.

It's just going to take time, but normalfags will be made to remember all of the shit EA keeps doing in their lesser titles when they try it with another big-name title all over again and do the same stupid narrative spin to keep trying to make money. Daddy Didney is already mad at Capcom for screwing up MvC:I, and the way they stepped in on EA effectively backed them into a corner, so it should be apparent that things are going to get very messy if they keep trying to Jew everyone so blatantly that the public just gets tired of it.

Even fags hate CIA niggers?

Go back to eating KFC and playing GTA and shitty fighting games.

That's an S not an A.

Does anyone have a recap of the TOR lore? I'd love to see how badly they fucked up a Saturday morning cartoon Star Wars that was KOTOR in the first place.

It would be relatively easy to make Star Wars good. Take some common universal myths, combine them with some basic mysticism, and tell the story using a backdrop of samurai and WW2 movies. That's it. That's all Star Wars is.
But no, we get this shit instead.

Does this mean its a good time to buy stock in EA when they pull it out for E3 2018?

it could keep going down, wait til it bottoms out or they release a new fifa.

Literally every main character in both KOTORs dies, one of which is a mid level dungeon boss.

No, buy my game instead.

Is that Todd Howard as a Pillar man?

Yes.

Make an edit of Todd as the Vault 13 Overseer telling the Vault Dweller that he only has 150 days to go out and get a copy of Fallout 4.

(Then just follow it up with a screenshot of the VD killing the Overseer)

ummmm no lol

What I want to know is why no one else realizes how fucking obvious this is

Come on, you're telling me you don't want to see Todd in one of those badass overseer desks - commanding his troops to climb those mountains while blasting away with twin mounted miniguns?

And then getting overrun and torn to shreds by supermutants

I don't know why, but this made me laugh hard as fuck.

As long as they keep making Madden and Fifa they'll be fine.

Still pisses me off how they don't do that shit with the overseer desks in any of the Bethesda fallout games. Closest we got was that radioactive vault with the tiny turret under it in NV.

Do you mean issuing new shares? Corporations, by definition, cannot own their own shares.
t. financefag

best joke in the thread

these are the two people above you in the chain of command in today's US military

Poe's Law is in effect.

Is this a Star Wars general already? Is it worth trying out the Jedi Knight Sourceports for Android? Anyone got spoilers for the movie?

No it hasn't. This is fucking nothing to EA. They could have ten fiascos on the scale of Battlefront II and they'd still be perfectly fine thanks to the revenue generated from all their sports games.

Good. Hopefully this means Battlefield 5 will be cancer-free.

>>>Holla Forums11034691

Just this isn't enough. We need to take advantage of this push and start tardwrangling normies into not buying shit games.
But I don't think this is the place to do it because 8gag regularly does it too.

Hey mike, how's fucking Jay?

EA always has sports.
And that is growing year agter year.
They recently said that with each passing year they make more and more money of their ultimate team DLC shit.
While their other project may fail time and time again, it's not nearly enough to ofset the winnings of their sports sector.

I bet they won't even lose the Star Wars license.

When a corporation buys back stock, it's put into a treasury account. It's not "selling their shares." OP doesn't know what he's talking about, and neither do you.

What do you even have to do to lose a Star Wars license at this point?

Not meet Disney's child kidnapping quota.

I dunno, guys, I hear Bob Iger is pretty pissed off these days.

what a shocker

so are you trying to unironically state that the prequels were any good? i can't decipher the retardspeak you've couched whatever statement you're trying to make in

Amusingly, a Disney music exec is being investigated for kid diddling

Too bad its from a satire site.

give it a year. the movie industry will start doing it.

Doesn't surprise me in the least.

Remember who feeds EA.

They're in deep shit if laws are passed outlawing that card kikery for minors. EA is very vulnerable because their revenue sources are so limited. It's basically lootboxes, which make up half of their income, the other half divided between sport games and whatever DICE shits out. They have almost no competent or profitable studios left.

Shouldn't have to wait too long for that satire to become reality.

this image is actually quite interesting, not because it shows games sell more on consoles but because despite having hugely more sales the revenues from consoles aren't actually much higher than the revenues from PC games. Really takes a shit on the whole "muh piracy" argument, and one more nail in the coffin for console games. Consoles need to fuck off already.

As someone who went through army basic last year, you're full of shit. At most you get ten minutes on Sunday to call home. In my unit you only got ten minutes once every three Sundays. As for the navy being a bunch of faggots, that's nothing new, but I was at AIT with people of all branches for both the election and inauguration and I never heard a weird about people being available if you were triggered by the election.

Did you miss that the left slide is 2015-2017 and the right slide is 2013-2015? The net sales to revenue ratio for consoles and PCs is basically the same for 2015 (~1.2).

KEK

mate Bioware's Star Wars game is cancelled

Some user posted the entire movie in this thread:
>>>Holla Forums1014561

Leia also flies around like Superman. This is what happens when Jews and leftists don't get the gas chamber.

What a beautiful timeline this is.

And so much more.

… Burn everything.

What? They were planning a new one?

Ya know I felt like an 85 year old with dementia who just wandered into a trendy night club when I recently ran into this DLC shit . What in the fuck are these people thinking?

I'd been away from gaming for about 15 years due to busting ass in the real world. No time mainly and no money for software/hardware. Finally earned enough to buy a mid-level rig and started looking around for some entertainment.

I went from a cheap pc, first generation cable modems and physical CD game purchases directly into the current Steam/EA fully digital cancer ward.

Un-fucking believable these tards expect me to spend literally thousands of dollars to unlock features in their online games. Seriously niggers. I'm hardly an innocent and naive young lad but fuck, this is some astounding kikery.

actually pretty good advice. It could work. But then you might actually start listening to him, and realize he's a typical "analysis t". Any prediction he makes is like a wet square of toilet paper. No real timeline, no real estimate of magnitude, plenty of room for him to backtrack and claim success. In fact, that is his MO. Make his shit work for both positive and negative outcomes and claim success either way.

No. Film and the business of film has fundamentally changed since ~1989. (((They))) ran Verhoeven out of Hollywood, and anyone else with creativity and interesting social satire of (((their))) ridiculous social practices and beliefs. Sorry user, you will need to stick to movies made before about 1993 or so. Nothing interesting will come from Hollywood now.

That guy's still around? Why would anyone hire him anymore? They might as well just hire a self-proclaimed psychic or fortune teller instead.

All of the US Army accounts that I had to deal with always seemed to have tens of millions of dollars in minute overages, and the fucks who managed the accounts would never allow me to reorganize the high users into unlimited plans to cut the bills by 90%. Government budgeting in a nutshell.