Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle is the best-selling Nintendo Switch game not to have been published by Nintendo

This is going to get a sequel isn’t it?

Other urls found in this thread:

vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=xcom 2
vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=mario + rabbids
vgchartz.com/game/91783/pokemon-sunmoon/
archive.is/zrB57
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Game_Awards_2017
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I keep reading Rabbids as Rabbis

They already cuck Rayman outta being Ubisoft mascot

The game is pretty good because it's a novelty. A sequel would ruin it, but it's better than

Last good Nintendo console was the GameCube. It's fuckin' shit and needs to die.

Inb4 Sonic & Mario & Rabbids at the 2020 Olympic Games

Well, duh. Xcom is a niche series.

I hope the sequel is just Mario Kingdom Battle 2

(checked)
Dubdubs seem to confirm, but we'll see.
VGChartz seems to disagree with you. Between all platforms XCOM 2 sold 650k copies, while M+R only sold 570k so far. It appears that they're missing the Japanese numbers, though, so it's possible you're still right.
vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=xcom 2
vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=mario + rabbids

THE GOYIM KNOW

I would not say no to Nintendo cucking ubisoft out of an IP.

Do you have a single fact to back that up?

Holy shit xcom 2 sold worse than Wolfenstein 2

VGshartz is not a source.

Do you have a better one then?

What if Nintendo buys rare back from Microsoft?

Ha, I wish. Microsoft will only give up Rare over their dead body, despite doing pretty much fucking nothing with the IPs and they do do is awful. Being acquired by Microshit is truly a fate worse than death.

Who published Xenoblades?

And yet they still go for the wider audience. Total non-sequitur to what the thread's about, but did you know that Firaxis have this philosophy based on an expectation that whenever their players are able to make choices or form strategies in their games, those players are always going to choose whatever choice or strategy's the least fun for them? That's actually what they design their games around - they see player choice as this bad thing that they have to minimise wherever they go, when player choice is really the one thing that separates video games from other mediums. They're like the original "muh cinematic design" fags. Embed related is all about that philosophy of theirs.

Not on PC. Then again, console peasants have shit taste, so it's possible they make up for the deficit here.
Even so, as other anons said, turn-based tactics is a much more niche genre. The fact that XCOM 2 even compares to Wolfenstein II is a testament to both how (insert caveats and apologies here) good XCOM 2 was and how bad Wolfenstein II was.
For comparison of these numbers, Persona 5 has sold 1.31M copies worldwide, and Pokemon Sun & Moon have sold 14.67M copies. We're not talking about the heavy hitters here, even if Bethesda wanted Wolfenstein II: The Current Year to be a AAA title.
vgchartz.com/game/91783/pokemon-sunmoon/
archive.is/zrB57

I kind of agree, but honestly they have the best data I can find on console game sales. If you have a better source I would really like to see it, if only because VGChartz has a crappy slow website and it takes almost 10 seconds to load those searches I linked.

How complicated is the game? Seems like a good way to get kids into strategy games.

it has an easy mode, that doubles your health and isn't too hard.

I find it extremely difficult to rate this guy. On the one hand, he's factually correct on most games. On the other, he's a massive corporate whore faggot who claims terrible FMV indieshit pushed by socjus are GOTY. At least Ross expresses his opinions on the title as a whole and his personal thoughts on the genre without any pretense of being the most knowledgeable guy around.

If the thumbnail is not a frame of the video itself but some phrase in big, funky font, it's a massive faggot.
This rule has never failed me. You need to write words, you write them on the title or description.

We use to have a lot kid friendly strategy gsmes

I don't see this industry getting any better any time soon.

Maybe it's true, the industry doesn't need us anymore. There are enough people out there that buy trash like this to keep it afloat.

These are dark time we are living…

That's because it's a Switch exclusive and has very little competition. If other devs made colorful games for The Switch they would sell well too but the kikes only want to make COD clones.

It's weird how every Nintendo game, even the ones literally no one liked or played like Mario Party 10, all have videos with tens of millions of views and comments "dissing the haters" with thousands of upvotes. Reeks of manipulation.

You think Ubisoft cares about it being good? They care about whether people will buy it and they clearly will.

Its over

DLC with the Mary Sue on the upcoming year.

Mario got killed during the Wii U era and now the body is being raped.

That might not be a bad thing

How so?

I'd play it

It's not out in Japan yet

Yes, I'm serious

Jesus Christ. Is Ubisoft skimping out on the Japanese translation or something? Is there a release date announced?

I believe Nintendo was waiting to see how well it did overseas before translating it and are doing the translation themselves

I haven't tried it because I hate the Rabbids with a passion, but I heard some rumors that it's pretty decent.
Any opinions? did anyone play it?

Mario+Rabbids came out in Murica in August, only a month after Splat 2. Japan goes nuts for Splat so they didn't really need that release there, whereas in Murica, they needed to pad the release schedule to make it seem less barren for those who don't care for Splat. They're saving the release in japan for later, to fill an empty release schedule slot. I think it's probably coming out there around the same time Nu-Wolfenstein is coming out here.

No, it's coming in Japan in January

So Wolf 2 on Switch is gonna be later? I assumed it'd be early 2018 as well.

The games were half-assed:
Even Super Smash didn't have jackshit compared to melee.

Why is this unspoilered? Am I looking at it right?

so, we will never get the Wario and Waluigi rpg. Or a Shyguy & Snifit game, right?
any drawfag can do this but with a rabbid instead of the minion?

How many of you faggots bought this?

Of course its getting a sequel. Why would Ubisoft not want to shit out another game for a console that has been doing alright?

I didn't even know they made a Mario Party 10, or maybe I did and I just stopped counting the shit after like 4 games in a row on the Gamecube.

This thread is making me want this. Isn't it just xcom with mario and rabbids?

An even more dumbed down XCOM with like a third of the content, yes.

Who bought this? It wasn't me or anyone I know who owns a switch, and hopefully not you guys. Was it just stupid kids begging their parents for a new game during the drought? Do kids like rabbids?

Kids and their normalfag mothers love Minions, so naturally Rabbids would appeal to them as well. Add Mario to the mix and you got a best-seller

They definitely got worse after the Gamecube games. Pic related though takes the shit-filled cake.

Taking out Donkey Kong has got to be the stupidest decision they ever made with the series. He even had his own minigames so it's not like they weren't willing to model and animate him. You just weren't allowed to play him for no good reason.

It's Miyamoto still being bitter about DKC

Nintendo fans buy anything labeled nintendo. And Switch owners have no vidya to play so probably bought it to fill time.

Fucking Japanese pride ruins so much shit.

I don't think it's so much Miyamoto's bitterness, it's more like
Considering that Nintendo also wants Mario Party to no longer be a friendship murdering family bloodbath that the older games were, it seems logical to assume the greentext is what happened because it follows through with the later games not being as cruel as the older ones.

I take back my want for this. Even base xcom is shit without long war and even with long war it's a piece of shit since the faggot developer can't into balance.

That doesn't even make sense considering he's still in the game. He was even in other games too like Mario Kart.

No, they are also scrubbing Diddy from almost everything because he was created by Rare.

I found what little I played or 5 to be way more random and unfair than any of the shit on the N64.

I'll agree (or agree to disagree in the case of 3D World) with everything on that list except Mario Kart 8. That game is the objective best console Mario Kart, even if it did begin to bleed into Nintendo Kart with the DLC.

MK8 is garbage compared to Double Dash.

You're entitled to your preferences, but that is incorrect.
I love Double Dash's item strategy as much as the next guy, but the core mechanics are such a huge step up in MK8 I can't think of it as anything but objectively better.

These don't make a game more fun.

What kind of fucked definition of fun are you using? The replay system is a harmless, easily skippable visual spectacle which does a good job of highlighting the dramatic/funny points of a race. The customization can significantly change the stats of a vehicle, and as someone who prefers tight drifting, it was nice to be able to change the tires of my bike to suit that instead of having a shitty sideways drift.

The real one

Not an argument. Provide a reason why giving the player more options (which can easily be ignored at little cost) is "not fun."

Fuck you asshole

I find the differences between the different MK games to be very interesting. It's a shame you'd rather screech about nostalgia or whatever than discuss them, but I guess that's what this board endorses these days.

Fuck chance time.

Kys faggot

BULLSHIT!

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Game_Awards_2017

Nintendo might buy the Rabbids IP or buyout Ubisoft.

Die in a bus fire, you SJW cuckchan KIKE.

The Rabbids already cucked that Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle fighting game with not just one Rabbit rep but THREE.

What are you? 12? The last good Nintendo console was Color TV-Game.

Nintendo needs every marketing point they can buy to keep selling their underpowered chink tablet.

But there's no strategy in that game. You control one unit.

Isn't it pretty much Pikmin?

I'll probably get some flak for this but I've always felt Pikmin closer to puzzle games. Games like that have to work three times as hard to be considered strategy games. Do we really want to considered Overlord a strategy game?

Once Nintendo became the Yakuza of gaming, they also become a faceless, soulless and a dickless company.

Well yeah, now you can predict your opponents' strategy on depending which item they're using, too bad they got rid of that in Mario Kart 8 Dx.

Oh man, that'd be so much fun, too much fun, and even if something like that did get made I'm sure Miyamoto would come stick his crinkly old man cock into the mix and fuck it up like he did Mario's series.

LEWD