Favorite Little Details in Vidya Thread

Post your favorite little detail you noticed in a vidya

Mine:
youtu.be/6To3CZZyD8c
(Best vid I could find, skip to 1:00)

Off to a great start. Someone post the barrel WebM.

You do realize Rockstar literally does this shit all the time in their story modes right?

ops mum xDDD

As for an ACTUAL example from a GOOD game, in the hunting minigame with saejima in yakuza 5, if you shoot once with the shotgun he'll just take out a single shell and replace the spent one. But if you fire both he'll pop both out and replace them. It was a minor detail, but it felt great seeing they put effort into something they clearly enjoyed doing.

See that mountain? You can climb it.

Hello reddit/4chan friend and welcome to Holla Forums Holla Forums. If you are not entirely sure what is going on here…feel free to ask me! Your friendly guide!

In Silent Hill 3, one of the antagonists comments on how Heather views the Silent Hill monsters.
It made me second-guess myself if my character was merely psychotic and killing innocent victims this whole time. In Silent Hill 2, Laura apparently didn't see any monsters and Angela saw flames wherever she went. It got me thinking, perhaps SH protagonists are merely viewing the world through distorted lens, killing innocent people they "imagine" as monsters.
I know that there IS a supernatural element at play in Silent Hill, and that the antagonist was probably just fucking with you. But still, it wasn't first time characters in Silent Hill saw a twisted view of the world.

Maria and Laura don't actually exist beyond James imagination; Angela and Eddie were only there for James to rape and murder.

I loved raping everything with the Great Knife btw.

Here was that scene.
One correction from my faulty memory: He was smiling deviously while he said it. Not laughing.

Adding even more fuel to the fire that SH protagonists are actually insane….

I'm not sure how that's a detail, but that moment was quite a neat trick indeed.

I love that scene. However, was Heather actually insane or was the bloodline (technically she is related to Vincent too right?) that she came from just pure evil? You could say Harry went insane after losing his wife (those air raid sirens are a great "decent into madness" touch.)

Did James have PTSD as a veteran and then kill his wife and lose it?

I believe he says he was joking afterwards. For me, I saw this more like a subversion of this kind of guilt tripping cliche

I can't see a reason why a teenage girl would end up on a killing spree, but that would justify why every place is so empty.

But James is insane, I thought that was quite obvious. Wait a second, are you guys young?

I believe he killed his wife because he saw her as an sexual object, when she became a burden his true nature came forth, but he couldn't cope with the consequences.

No, I'm really old. But anyway, , was saying that SH protags were all supposedly insane from the get go. In that sense, they were all drawn to Silent Hill in some fashion and thus the player gets to enjoy killing monsters that might actually be innocent people.

Also, yeah Silent Hill 2 was basically all about James and his ID being manifest into violent rape and murder. He's probably the most depraved of the protagonists tbh.

Really? It certainly seems more likely than a little girl or an adult woman to me. Plus we're talking about a teenage girl forced to change identities and live on the run. A gumshoe finds her after a nightmare at the mall, followed shortly by the cult she's on the run from. She snaps during the elevator ride, tears her way through home, and goes fully insane when she finds her father dead.
Now, I do believe Vincent was just fucking with her, but the killing spree scenario never seemed like much of a stretch to me. Besides, the bad ending is supposed to be possession, but it just shows Heather killing Douglas very unemotionally. It fits.

Vincent wasn't fucking with Heather though. Heather is Claudia's twin sister and part of the Silent Hill death cult, so she was indeed murdering innocent people in order bring about the God of Destruction. By Claudia's hand, unbeknownst to Heather.

smh

My favorite outfit for her to wear while beating "monsters" to death with a pipe, just like good ole Harry did to the Silent Hill doggos back in the day.

nope

I fucking love that in a game. It's the little things, isn't it.

Been going back and playing a lot of older games lately, because everything new is shit, and a recurring thing I've noticed is that environments are far more interactive. Even if they don't do anything. Glass objects break when you shoot them, vending machines actually vend products, you can flush toilets and turn on hand driers, vibrating whorehouse beds, shooting out lights, turn on/off radios and TVs, and mirrors actually fucking work.

You rarely ever see that level of detail in modern games. You're lucky if environmental objects even have physics, and mirrors never ever work.

For an industry that crowes on and on about "immershun", why do they keep creating game worlds that are just static props meant for background dressing and little else?