Monster Hunter General /mhg/

MHW BETA IS LIVE TODAY

Resources:
>Ping's MHXX Dex: sites.google.com/site/pingsdex/pingsmhxxdex/
>Athena's ASS for XX 0.21b: mediafire.com/file/aciahjorffckfwo/Athena's Armor Set Search for MHXX v0.21b.zip
>Athena's ASS list for all MH games: mediafire.com/folder/4o1idj7mmtn85/Monster_Hunter
>Information on item droprates, skills, monsters, etc: kiranico.com/en/mh4u
>MH4U Relic Chart Stats and Images: imgur.com/a/b3xwy
>MH4U Relic Spreadsheet: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-oyh86FG6V4-T5zegGIZuX0b-_tyy7_TIe8Wv8jkfZE/htmlview?pli=1&sle=true#gid=1520165799
>How many times will I have to hunt in order to get _?: desiresensor.com/
>Attack Stat Stack Chart: i.imgur.com/sSRW7q6.png
>Kinsect Flowchart: i.imgur.com/wD2OUug.png
>Kinsect Ingredients list: i.imgur.com/qf79jKs.png
>Arena Armor Recipes and Requirements : pastebin.com/kvLN7Fni

Other urls found in this thread:

store.playstation.com/en-za/product/IP9102-NPIA90006_01-PSPLUS14DAYTRIAL
dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/538/1538583/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reasonable_doubt
youtube.com/watch?v=DvhsraBbxFs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

All you need to know about the beta

Here we go again.

By the way guys if you cant afford to get ps+ from what i heard you can get a free trial if you make a new psn account.
The beta for MHW will then become playable!

store.playstation.com/en-za/product/IP9102-NPIA90006_01-PSPLUS14DAYTRIAL

Heres the link I guess?
So yeah, no one needs to pay 500 yen for the beta demo

how long is the beta open for? i won't get a chance to play tonight

I bought ps plus for a month to play a beta. I'm shit.

Waiting for the beta to went live, fucking timezone

From 9th-12th December

oh sick that's plenty of time, thanks

thought it didn't go live till tomorrow at 9:00 pst

Not paying ten bucks to play, you faggots tell me about it.

Can't be worse than underwater combat. :^)

Then get the free trial faggot

Can't be worse than playing it on a 3DS

MH4U for the 3ds was pretty solid. Though I will agree that the psp was the perfect handheld ergonomically for a portable MH.

Used the free trail awhile back.

create a new account

Thought it was based on the ps4 itself. Will give it a try.

This is going to be trash isn't it? Everything I see about it and additional information that comes out makes it seem like the most casualized piece of shit that misses the point of MH.

Is it true the Nips absolutely detest this game also?

It looks like the kind of shit gooks love though.

if it was on phone, maybe

Is it worse then we thought?

Well of course it was dev'd for western audiences because capcom wants to run every franchise it owns into the ground

Can't be worse than MH Wii. That was a real low point of the series.

mh tri on the wii is the only mh I've played, why was it bad?
Yes I am trying to emulate more games but psp emulation just doesnt want to work on my pc

>introduced the Nintendo "audience", good and bad

TriU is the 3rd strike of monster hunter.

I love the salt the elitist pricks leave behind.

Not really, 3rd strike was at least fun and looked good. The worst you can say about it was that the parry system was fucked and shat on characters that couldn't take advantage of it.

The worst you can say about tri is that the underwater system was fucked up and shat on weapons that couldn't take advantage of it.
I like tri and I think the underwater combat is fine. Not great but alright. I think youre just autistic or have little patience.

underwater combat wasnt as terrible as everyone says

nah, the underwater combat was horrendous for this type of game. The fact they removed it tells you that even they know it's garbage.

Fair enough, but underwater combat was really neat. I dont know, I didnt feel any kind of handicap and it was my first mh game. I havent played in 6 years though

It's the first MH game so you will ignore some flaws.
I love the Lao Shang Lung fight but even I know it's 20-30 mins of staring at dragon jaw as you poke him.

Never played a monhun game before, is this worth getting?

Im so sorry that you had to play a MH game with such cripplingly low amount of monsters. When I was that there was only 18 large monsters my jaw nearly dropped. The lack of G-rank is bearable though I guess. I only played MH games with 50+ monsters with them. Maneuvering around in the underwater combat was actual torture for my hands, especially during tense G-rank battles in 3u.
Also user, tri came out 7 years ago, why havent you played any other MH games? Especially 3U since thats the best version of tri?? You missed out on way too much.

Finally what do you think about world?

I dunno, get it if you think its your cup of tea. Demo becomes playable tomorrow. If you have fun with it I guarantee you'll have fun with the rest of the game.

God damn it I really thought he was going to be the gore mag of MH5.

I havent played any other game because I cant emulate psp, it worked once but with no audio so I just gave up. I should try again at some point
I am here to get opinions mostly, I'll try it on christmas

Those fuckers are 50 american dollery doos and make excellent portable emulators.

You're right. It was much worse.

a part of me hates that this will be a lot of peoples first impression of Monster Hunter but another part of me likes that people are being introduced to it.
I feel conflicted.

I'm just here for finally nonshitty controls, a screen that my tired eyes can see without squinting, and the freedom that being on pc will give it.

Today is preload. Can't play until tomorrow

Yeah! I get that. My instinct is telling me to not get my hopes up though.

Fuck, are we going to see people editing their gear to an even worse degree than 4U?

because I'm poor, user

Yes but the custom content might be good. Can't wait to pirate this shitheap when it comes out.

Between the delayed pc release and potential of G rank not being in until later like previous games, I'm probably going to end up waiting almost a year until I play it anyway.

I don't really give a shit, not my problem since I play solo.

if you are a burger like me then pawn shops allow you to put shit on lay way. Surely you can scrounge up 50 shekels in 3 months, right?

No user, I am YUROpoor. But I should get a psp/vita some day for all the mh games plus wipeout and advanced wars

Also it's really fucking late holy shit

Its live in 3 hours, user

wait, my bad, its tomorrow.

I'll wait until it's out on steam so I can pirate it to make an objective opinion on it instead of shitposting like you.

I got my first 3ds from a nigger who stole it from some fat beaner kid for a pleasant $60
I only found out that it was stolen when I saw a picture of the kid and his mom together
I still have that picture saved to my 3ds
Getting cfw on that 3ds was totally worth it though

I got my wiiu from a pawnshop
Of course that shit was previously stolen too
Getting cfw on that wiiu was totally worth it though

Nope

Shit, it's late as fuck for you m80. Go to bed.

Yeah they removed it and monster hunter has been going downhill ever since so what does that tell you?

That they don't know what the fuck to do with the IP.
And MH4U was a solid entry. They are learning.

When you say custom content, this is really what comes to mind. And maybe some slick boi out there can patch out the Raths completely because they're the fucking gayest things ever.

Whatever you say bud

God I hate just about every single Nintendo IP. They're all so gay.

Eat shit, faggots.
I get to watch my chad of an older brother stream this, be complete ass at it even with the casualization, probably quit after thirty minutes and not at all buy it like those cocksuckers at Capcom hoped people like him would.
It's gonna be popular, isn't it?

To any fags who have preloaded, go into the voice selection and check the languages. One option is "Monster Hunter Language". Does this make all the language sims-esque gibberish?

Don't know, don't care. I planned on pirating it from steam regardless, I was never going to pay for something guaranteed to be a (((steam))) exclusive and kiked up with drm.

Bludgeon the cunt with a 2x4 on stream till he literally and figuratively stops twitching.
It's the humane thing to do.

I'm gonna be honest, I'm not feeling the hype from the normalfag zone. The only games on the normalfag's radar are Star Wars Battlefront, PUBG, and Overwatch. Traditionally, Sony based releases are pretty muted, even massively publicized games like Bloodborne were ultimately mediocre to forgotten. The 3DS was a cheap piece of shit and everybody had one, but the PS4 is a bigger investment with a smaller installbase – not to mention the fact that the """"""future"""""" PC release is nowhere to be found or heard of at all and there's no past hunting title on the platform.

I just want to play the demo and see how it is.

What are you even doing here?

It arriving late on PC is going to woefully impact the sales of the console version drastically, as it's always been the case that if there is a PC version gamers will often wait for that over the console version

It should have been across all three platforms at launch and not this staggered release system and its going to butcher the console sale numbers, which will do little to please capcom investors as they view the PC as a "Bad" platform even though PC versions of their titles are always the highest sellers

Shit, I always assumed I was bullied and just had a smart ass mouth that would piss others off.

I want to go back to being a neet faggot.

This probably won't happen, but it'd be nice if it did.

Nah, you missed something after the first four lines.

It's important to know your rights, user.

The only laws I follow are those of God, and of my own gubmint because i don't want to go to slavic prison

America has regulations protecting the "right of first sale": Basically, you can do whatever the fuck you like to something you legally own. This covers modding as well as resale or destruction of the item. The DMCA has a lot of shitty vague language allowing it to arbitrarily cover a lot of ground, but to make any of it actually stick companies generally have to take you directly to court and hope you give in or lose all your money defending yourself. Even then, a mod project like this could be taken up by anyone with access to the git, so it's an unending nightmare for the poor sucker trying to stomp out every fork and variant.

Assuming that MHW sells like hot cakes on PC, what are the chances of Capcom releasing 4U HD and Gen/GenU HD on PC(and quite possibly on everything else too)?
Because while i'm not too stoked for MHW, i would love to play 4U on a non-shitty screen in a non-shitty resolution with a non-shitty controller.

HEY /MHG/ ARE YOU READY FOR MEGAMAN!?!?!

That's because Koreans are MMO loving scum

The chances of that are probably non-existent. Aside from P3rd, HD remakes aren't a thing with MH. And if World sells they will probably just shit out more shit like World, which is not like the previous games.

3G had an HD remake on the Wii U

It's not really a remake, it's technically a port. 3DS and Wii U have local cross-play and online crossplay with a certain Wii U app.

Pretty sure you could cross play the PS3 and PSP versions of Portable 3rd.

3DS/Wii U also had save transferring, nearly forgot.

So did PSP/PS3

Then they're not really remakes.

Can we play game yet? When can we play game?

It's just me, or the "volcano area" will be the goddamn fucking elder dragon?
Also they have shown 3 returning monsters, uragaan, silver los and lavasioth.
And i couldn't discern if that was a normal diablos or a black one.

Uragaan's shot reveals a totally different environment to what the elder dragon is and where it's at, so probably not.

Fair enough, just saying that if whatever P3rd HD on the PS3 was counted, then so did the HD version of 3G on the Wii U.

Funny enough, there is technically one remake the game has. Freedom Unite on iOS kinda counts since it's more than a port job, they added a target cam/lock-on to it and obviously controls are adapted to touch screens.

Fair enough, though that just makes remakes sound like bad things, because fuck touch controls.

4g made it clear it was the start of the decline
but the journey was great, right? who cares if the destination was shit?
if you suck at the game then yeah the journey would 90% of your gane time while veterans are stuck at the shitty endgame for 90% of their time.
it's no wonder why the same team tried to casualize mh more to atrract the western audience while fucking over those that have been playing since mh1

Don't forget how rather than making monsters that are challenging for their own sake, they just slapped on a gimmick where you could only hit them for a few seconds at a time while waiting on the magic recharging "hit the monster" stone to turn back on.

Last MH I played was MHFU on the PSP. Is that still the best one? I've heard it's the last one before they made some big to the changes to the game right?

3U is the best one.

Yes Capcom is abandoning their loyal audience in the hopes of replacing them with the casual market, they have gone well out of their way to casualise every aspect of it from drastic slowing monsters down so they're no longer a real threat to making armour skills way to easy to get so now you can have like 10+ skills active at a time and no guild quests or g-rank because that would be to difficult for casuals to handle, oh and lets not even get into the fact the game has paid preorder DLC before it's even out.
This is the game that will kill the franchise.

You mean the game that will make the franchise wildly successful with stupid normalfags and third worlders, right?

2G on the PSP is basically the pinnacle of what the first two gens did. Tri was a radical reinvention, with Portable 3rd mostly reverting to being like 2G but without as much content since it didn't go up to G Rank, then 3G being something of a hybrid between them. From there 4 and 4G really started pushing the speed of the game up with mounting and encouraging faster gameplay. I would say it's worth it to try the third and fourth gen games.

Exactly, the game that will kill the franchise.

X/XX/Gen was really where the downfall kicked into high gear. The tipping point of where the series was going to shift into shit and never recover

FU is still the best overall. Vanilla 1&2 still have the best atmosphere, but anything up to 3U is fine to play as well. Unfortunatly P3rd, the only real contender for the new best overall monster hunter, suffers from a relative lack of content and much more importantly; noticeably slowed monster speed. 3U and Tri are both perfectly fine games and 3U has the most polished core combat in the series on the ground, but they both feature underwater combat, which ranges from tedious to mediocre at best. Monsters and their hitboxes are at least properly balanced for underwater combat, not that this makes it fun exactly but at least it reduces the tedium of the monster swithcing between behaving completely unfairly or being absolutely harmless, which sets it apart from the later introduced aerial combat.
MH4/U and XX are practically spin-offs, they are reasonably playable and they do feature new content, but as standalone video games they're weaker than any generation 1-3 Monster Hunter games holistically and not very enjoyable unless you play them as an addition to one of the core games. Not just because they messed with mechanics a la underwater combat and slower monsters, but because the design philosphy is obviously very different to early games in the series and the most fun parts of anything from MH4 onwards are usually in the form of returning content from older games.

I like XGen for what they were even though it's easy as shit with Adept, Brave and the Absolute Evasion crap because it added my favorite mechanic, parries. I wouldn't call them outright bad, they're just fun for different reasons. I remain that 3U is the best game though, as it fixes up some of FU's archaic points like weapon viability and some of the pointless grind, doesn't have the shitty verticality introduced by 4th Gen and has the most fun version of HH. Underwater combat is bad but it's only 10% of your playtime if you're good, and there's ways to exploit it.

I like 3U because I enjoy the slower methodical stuff, but Gen gives me my speed and timing kicks better than 3U does (doesn't help that 3U on Wii U has horrendous input delay)

My point was that the absolute evasion nonsense and the absurd nature of styles really was telling what they were doing with the series direction.
XX gets even worse with brave

I think it was pretty well acknowledged that Xth gen was a spin-off gen, IIRC World started development around the same time X did and World doesn't really have the crazy bullshit. Some weapon movesets have clear adaptation of the new stuff in some cases but it's not like there's a tool that'll prevent you from getting hit during all minutes of the fight now. LS's counter might be that tool, but we'll have to wait for beta impressions to understand the full gravity of it.

Kinda trailing off here, but I remember anons discussing in the last thread about old concept art where MH would introduce magic but it was obviously scrapped and the reason is pretty obvious as well at this point. The very idea that they even came up with magic for MH should be telling you that the MH team has always had this direction in mind. It's a bit of a worrying conflict I feel, that players like things the way they are, but developers don't want to do the same thing repeatedly.
I'm just accepting that World is going to the be the way it is, as will future games in the series, and that they will be fun for their merits whilst retaining the core of beating up monsters with unique weapons.

It was, it was done entirely by a separate team

Not sure about that specifically, but they said in the Famitsu interview from after announcement that World had been in the works for 4 years at that point, which would put it as starting around the end of making 4.

I think you're wrong in that respect. World doesn't look good even taken as a separate game. And you shouldn't take it by itself either because it's a sequel. It's too afraid to take any shots at the player and ends up feeling like a coddling parent or something.

Also even if the teams are different, corporate meddling knows no bounds especially from capcom, which has the astonishing track record of killing… all but monster hunter of it's major IPs, and Monster hunter seems to be dead in less than 4 hours now

And I just realized OP forgot to finish the OP, so I'll do so for him.

dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/538/1538583/

Highlights:

Some key quotes:
Tsujimoto: "'Monster Hunter' itself has continued for a long time, and so we thought somewhere along the line there was a need to take a fresh look at it, and choose this timing to produce it."

Tsujimoto: "Up until now we've done numbering, as this is a timing to take a fresh look at 'Monster Hunter', we brought that concept into the title."
Fujioka: "It feels like numbering, but World is just a subtitle."

Fujioka: "There was this global wall we were never able to surpass. So we wanted to think about that and include that here."
Tsujimoto: "When we say that, it might make you think we're ONLY thinking about global with this work, that's not the case at all; we think this concept will absolutely satisfy the people who've played the series up until now domestically, and on top of that will be global and expand more and more. It's a global that includes Japan."
Fujioka: "Since the foreign fans have increased, we'd like to more straightforwardly have them playing. To go even further, we'd like them to interact more with Japanese users. Just, we want to make it while properly facing up to the elements that prevent it from expanding."

Question: "Where did you feel this global wall?"
Fujioka: "Even though there are facets that are great as Monster Hunter's unique traits, it was frustrating that they didn't seem to transfer well.
If there's a stopping point when you take an action, we include that as part of the strategy, but there are people who don't play simply because of that."

(regarding the damage value displays)
Fujioka: "We, who are developing the games, accepted them without any sense of disconnect or discomfort, so we think it'll work out alright."

Eva+ skills and shields have existed for a long time, and lance counter has existed since tri. Shields can easily be argued away as you are almost always penalised for blocking regardless of how well you time it, either with sharpness loss or time loss from dropping your guard, and lance counter isn't a parry so much as it is a utility for the weapon due to the loose timing of it, but low-level evasion skills function mechanically identically to parrying a move and I've always I enjoyed making a delicate roll through a hitbox to start attacking earlier over something like longsword's flashy brave counter. Even then, I still enjoyed a game like p3rd desptie it's lack of difficulty, so what is so different about double cross isn't the abusability of all the arts and styles that remove difficulty, but the design approach the team took to the game. The focus is on spectacle and spectacle exclusively, monsters don't need to be made fun or reasonable to fight because the development team is allowed to give the player options to get out of any situation without penalty, so long as it gives the visual impression that the player has done something cool. Spectacle on top of the core game would not ruin the game, nor would a relative lack of difficulty (within reason), what ruins the game is how this changes the attitude the team takes to what experience they want to give the player, and that's why XX is such a poor entry beyond just its difficulty or its deviation from the world style of the earlier games.
As for what you're saying about 3U I agree completely that 3U is the best game mechanically, the best game to purely fight monsters in, even to the point where I was never particularly bothered by underwater combat, but to assess the game in a holistic sense takes into account a more factors than the mechanics alone. Personally, I believe that FU has the best blend of all factors considered, having a length greater than the single set of village quests that you see in 1&2, a much greater amount of polish the MHF or MHG, and a world that stays quite close to the original atmosphere of the series which the Tri series drifted away from somewhat. For the matter of atmosphere, while I personally think that the early games presented a more unique and interesting style, this is still hugely a subjective point, and the tri series does not deviate so much from the original that it can be completely disregarded without any argument, so if someone felt that the style of the world in tri series games was as good or better than the earlier games, they would be welcome to argue that 3U is holistically a better a entry.

While I'm here, there were subtle differences between MHG ps2 MHG wii and MHF/P, which are all basically the same game. Would they all be considered remakes too?

So what's the verdict? How shit is it?

Right, capcom only IPs are so much better

yeah, if you needed any further proof to have no hope in the game

faggot

seems there isn't enough gameplay to determine that yet.

Evasion is hampered by 30fps. You should only be knowingly shielding something if you're in a tight spot. I think the Lance counter is easier than parries and it's neat but Lance Parry in X has a billion things you can do off of it like a good parry should let you do, including another parry. CB's guard points are close but I could never get a grip on it because the combat pacing with CB feels very odd compared to other weapons. I'm disappointed that GL doesn't have its XX guard point in World. GL has always been in dire need of buffing and that would be perfect for me.

Overall, I don't mind spectacle that much probably because I have a history of playing games that have a lot of spectacle and can appreciate a balance between raw game and fancy stuff. I guess you can call me a pleb for that line of thinking, but it'll do good for your soul if you loosen yourself up sometimes.

was I just kicked and or banned from the discord?

Oh my fuck it really is a fucking story trailer, I expected them to go for normalfags as audience and I thought that "monster hunter is next soulslike, lore video when" was a meme but it looks like they might actually be going for the souls lore community. They might make this even worse than I thought. We might actually get fucking lore theory channels for fucking Monster Hunter. This world deserves only death.

I think you might be in the wrong thread, this is a MonHun thread

Monster Hunter Stories is already a full out lore game, it's just more like Pokemon and not Dark Souls :^)

ah it seems like I was banned from the discord

Hi sorry, can you delete this? The assasin's creed thread is two blocks down. Oh it's an elder scrolls trailer? My mistake, sorry, but this isn't the thread for that either.

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.

Why do I even bother coming to this thread.
I hope the aids you contract from capcom shoving it's gangrenous cock down your throats. makes you reconsider some of your life choices.

What's a discord?

You know I remember being so excited for the MH4 trailer and even the MHX trailer. The fact that it was Monster Hunter alone was good enough for me. All I needed was seeing monsters roar, seeing some hunters flail around, and hearing the swell of the theme music. But everything about THIS just makes me not feel it. The voice acting is so awful and out of place with every single line. The characters all look like they were designed by Bioware. The maps are ALL vertical slopes. The voice acting is really really bad.

And the music is trash. What's up with the music being so trash? Why does it sound like it was performed by a high school band?

it's a place where I wanted to hun some mon with anons but seems like not tbh

It's being designed for Western audiences.

It's the collective noun for a bunch of fags.

Its going to be just like every other mon hun story, only they're going all out on animation and trying something they havnt done.

I don't think other MH stories have escort missions (4U had "kill monster in our way" at one point though but it was just a regular hunt) and there haven't been any NPCs just on the map, though it makes me wonder if these cutscenes are occurring before, during, or after a quest. I know in the first Rotten Vale gameplay footage that there was an NPC that gave you a fishing sidequest mid-hunt though.

Why are they so hellbent on turning Monster Hunter into a JRPG anyways? They started doing this shit back in MH4/U with the literally JRPG subplot about the ace hunters and traveling to a bunch of villages.

Kill yourself you nig nog

Escort missions? Did I miss something or is there more information out there than I realized?

Kill yourself please.

Hit the legs, dipshit.

At least mon hun stories lore left the normal areas intact and had you doing stuff elsewhere.

There is more information out there than you realized. One of the new mission types is something like "defend the caravan".

Is the demo playable for burgers yet?

It's not a JRPG until the hunters start levelling up.
Oh wait. It'll actually make it a Chinese RPG.
I actually don't remember if they removed Hunter levelling, looks like they did.

tbh cuckchan tbh

How do so many people struggle with timezones? 9AM PT, 5PM GMT, 6PM CET is when it starts.

Yes, you should go back there.

In 3 hours, gotcha!

user am I a bad person for thinking the gameplay of world still looks fun? Everything else about it reeks with borderline retarded modern capcom. World looked pretty fun on its own but all of this story being shoved in our faces and the MN9 tier dlc is really making me upset. At least MH isnt owned by konami or it would be completely kill by now.
Is there still any sliver of hope for this game?
I actually want to play this and have fun, despite all of the things the doomsday-fags say.

I wasn't aware that MN9 offered EXCLUSIVE PRE-ORDER GEAR ONLY AT GAMESTOP

tbh

Wait for the PS4fags in this thread to play the beta, play the full game and give a full impression before pirating the PC version that's released later and then decide.

kys tbqh fam

Bad, no, just utterly lacking in standards.

I would love for it to be fun, but I just can't imagine any realistic scenario where there will be any fun to be had with this game.

Playing the game is a realistic scenario to figuring out a realistic scenario for where the game might be fun

It would be if the game was good, but so far there has been absolutely nothing to suggest that that will be the case.

tbh

But you can't realistically know if the game is bad if you don't play it because all opinions are subjective to their owners created through having the most objective information possible.

I believe what you mean to say is that I can't know beyond a shadow of a doubt without playing, which is true. That said, we have more than enough evidence to establish beyond reasonable doubt that the game will not be good, to the point where the only way I could imagine the game being any fun would be if it was absolutely nothing like any of the footage shown thus far.

While it's technically accurate to say that a particular plate of feces can't be assured to taste like a plate of feces until you've actually eaten the whole thing, it's not an unreasonable assumption to make. I mean, I ate monjayaki one time and it didn't actually taste like puke, but if you go to a grillhouse, order a steak and someone brings you a plate that looks suspiciously like the current contents of your stomach, it's probably not monjayaki.

I formerly would have been mad at you for saying that but I felt the same way with FFXV. My brother bought it a few months ago and I would just pretend the game never existed due to the asinine changes made from the FFXIII versus days. I have no reason or motivation to play that game at all.

Everybody likes their own their own shit due to their shit taste. I beleive ELEX and Etrian Odyssey to be absolutely garbage games no matter how much I try to see what is so good about it in my head. But no, their just shit, but people still like it for some reason.

The comparison to a plate of feces is stupid because when you're given the plate, you now have direct interaction with the plate of shit, and don't necessarily have to eat it to determine that it is shit. You can smell it, and poke and dissect it using your utensils to figure out it is shit. To think the only thing you can do with a plate of food is eat it to know its value shows a lack of problem solving skills on your end. All pre-release media is like being shown a picture of a meat pie before you order it, except you can't tell if the brown stuff inside it is either beef or shit, and this thread is clearly divided on which one it is. Thankfully, the taste test is in a few hours.

AY HOL UP

I'd like to get unbanned on the discord tbh

I think you're on the wrong chan buddy, cuckchans two block down.

I don't know what you're trying to say here. Can you shitpost somewhere else please

Ah, at last I see.

Well thanks for so deftly pulling my grossly simplified analogy apart while completely missing the point. As it turns out, I know that video games aren't food and that the primary element to the enjoyment of a video game isn't its taste.
To clarify: If you really don't think that gameplay footage is a reasonable enough indicator of gameplay then you must be delusional. The only way that world could be decent at this point is if everything they've shown us was actually a big joke and they release a game which is nothing like what we've seen. Frankly, I'm inclined to believe that's an unreasonable assumption to cling to.
Also are you rastapasta? If you're not you should try to find him, he's the only other guy left that still believes that when capcom ties your hands behind your back, beats you, then whips out its cock that you're about to have a good day and not 'get anally raped', because they haven't actually raped you yet, right?

Stop spewing misinfo, on the same thread people talked about the escort mission the same user that gave the info later said that it's not a escort mission and just context because the caravan goes away before you even start it.
It's as much as a escort mission as the ones in the other MonHun, y'know? the ones that have the backstory of some merchant being in the desert and needing help because a diablos or tigrex is attacking them?
It's that exact same thing, but now instead of you only have a small text in the last page of the mission details, you have a cutscene showing you what are you doing.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reasonable_doubt

tbh

Is that second image a jojo reference?

I'm looking at it and apart from minor questionable decisions here and there, I'm not seeing anything else that'd make me think it's total shit. The gameplay according to raw gameplay footage looks functionally like MH as 3U makes me understand it. The sound design isn't up to standard but it's not garbage. Graphically the game is pretty (Before you say it, all MH games have a palette that's standardised across everything in that single game only, it's never been 100% "vibrant" before World), the English voice acting is shitty but they actually took precautions for people who hate it already and to say this isn't something to be praised is silly when people complain constantly that games with bad voice acting should be dual audio to be good. The very few things people tried to rap at Gen's translation (That couple lines of dialogue the guild girl says at the start of the game because nobody ever brought up anything else) has been corrected. Larger weapon movesets is fun in a general perspective when you remember it's still an action game, and all the moves look fun to use in their own right. The fact that AI actually scales based on multiplayer and not just health is a pretty cool idea. Verticality is garbage, but I can forgive it slightly now that they have added more vertical moves to the weapons that suffered the most from it in 4U. I like that they wanted to focus on ecology stuff that happen in the CG cutscenes the series always had but never actually did in gameplay.
You should stop feeling insecure about your elitism.

I didn't see much more than the one screenshot.

As a reasonable person that enjoys shit Platinum and Musou games yet thinks 3U is still the best game, I think World could possibly be fun. A different kind of fun from 3U, maybe not as fun overall since verticality and mass mounting will be extremely present again, but still fun.

shit like* Platinum and Musou, rather

Actually, people brought up many others, like the Gathering Hall clerk changing her dialogue from encouraging players to take on the quests solo for the challenge factor to insulting people who would try to, or how they shoved in advertising for an e-celeb who shills for them and surprise surprise supports censorship and rewriting, or the stupid and out of place drug humor. The "git gud" thing was just screencapped and thus got kept visible more often.

Except for the part where that means if you want to play the actual game you'll need to get four copies running and have the other three players just squat in the base camp so the game amps up the monster to the normal difficulty.

You should stop thinking elitism is a bad thing.

That's a fair argument, and I can respect that. I don't see any fun to be had myself, but I can understand people seeing it potentially be fun as something more along the lines of Musou than MonHun in theory.

I don't think your definition of game play is the same definition the other 2 anons have.
When they say that the gameplay is shit, i think they are talking about eating while running, the rocksteady mantle or shit like that, not the combat.

user, I think you need to go outside and take a walk or something.

Also when the beta starts who is going to host?

There is nothing wrong with elitism. It's a natural thing to develop when you get immersed into something enough, because you CARE about it. That's all elitism is - giving a damn about the quality of things you're passionate about.

If all elitism is going to do is make me miserable and angry whenever new games that are nothing like how I like them come out and people end up pushing themselves into my corner, I think I'd rather not be and just ignore the people I don't like. I'm actually still pissed about animefaggots completely shitting up the Jojo fanbase but this is a video game where I have an upper edge to all the new players, which means I don't have to worry as much.

This is a complete non-argument. The AI only changes if the other players are actually present, and extra HP isn't extra difficulty, just tedium like every other game that does it. Health in video games is balanced by the devs so that there's a good balance between the type of challenge, the difficulty of the challenge and the amount of time spent on that challenge, so the base difficulty is the "actual game".

When is the pc beta?

Never.

The chick on the left has an uncanny resemblance to the autism chick in Mass Effect. We need a side by side comparison.

I agree, I wish people would accept that elitism is a good thing.

Modern children are all taught that the worst thing in the universe is having their fee-fee's hurt by meanies. Being told "you're bad at this" causes them a great deal of distress, and they strive for environments where such things are never uttered. Everybody is a winner, everybody gets a trophy, everybody is correct about the way they live their lives, everybody can be whatever gender they feel like whenever they want.

Why?

well there is, it's called the full release in 2019 for PC

Are you new to the whole "capcom hating money" thing?

They did release Dragon's Dogma on PC. Eventually. 5 years after it came out on PS3.

Look at

Its all about the money and careful marketing.
Its apparently always best to give it to the biggest market last just months or a year later.
Just like what they did with Nioh.

10 mins until?

WHO IS GOING TO HOST!??!

BETA IS LIVE
LET'S GET HUNTING FAGS

Jesus christ this is like 20fps

You and other anons better be making webms

Oh please, Jesus, save the day through Sony's awful hardware.

why are you faggots playing this fucking 65 dollar normalfag magnet made by the third worst video game developer

WTF? is the game really that casual?

It was just one mission?!

How was that 1 mission?

Well there's a medium and hard variant I guess.

Full version is 3 faints, beta seems to be the same as the conference demos where things are easier so casuls can learn it faster.

Every MH demo does this after you complete one of the quests.

People are going to hate it. Maybe that's okay for weebs but not the market they're targeting.

already at it huh

So far the only thing I like is the heavy FWOSH when you swing the absolutely retarded looking sword. Fuck that's a stupid sword.

We have literal video evidence of the 3 faints from a build of the release version and you can download any of the 3DS MH demos right now and see for yourself on the second point.

Glad the CB got its old shield stab then smash combo, and it has a new combo where you press X once or twice then A and you do a slide then attack.

Very dissapointed in how easy the first monster is though, and it seems they made the CB even stronger.
at least it looks and sounds nice.

just spouting the same nihilistic shit about everything being ass. He wasnt pardoning it and you're already jumping on the hate wagon. he was simply giving reasons as to why they might add that for a demo.

I hope it's at least decent and a not a downright travesty.

In the mean time how is generations? I'm still like 500+ hours in frenchgame4u.

I wasn't aware the demo of the 3ds game ran at 20 fps with drops

I didn't even bring that up.

Healing from potions is over time, evading cancels you drinking it and you move slow while drinking

So how bad is it? I'm not wasting bandwidth

anyone wanna try the beta with me, I already hunted a barroth, it was okay, I still have some gripes though [spoiler]how do I tell what my playstation user name is, is it just what it says when I log in? I've never used it before[spoiler]

>fucked up spoiler fuck

It's exactly what people were expecting it to be
Only thing i saw different is that Barroth is way more active then jagras, he doesn't fucking stop attacking, so at least that.
AI is still broken, as the barroth i saw went to sleep right in front of the monster.

Max potions are instant though

literally first quest I did had a model spaz out btw, I knocked the barroth over, and he fell into the mud worm thing, and started spazzing out, teleported to another location, then canceled my stun.

I was able to run with it in short bursts.

Its pretty solid and the combos are nice and fun, looks nice and the framerate doesnt dip.
Would be better if it was harder though, there is a good game hidden in this, but I bet PR hounded them to make it easier or some gay shit. Would love to be able to look for foot prints and shit without scout flies to feel like a real hunter.

if they spent more time on the tracking to make it feel better, and like proper tracking, not like running along a line pressing circle some times, they would've had a much better game already

getting hit while drinking a potion seems to actually cancel all of the potion healing

yeah, if you roll early too it cancels the whole rest of it, wasting the thing.

Why the fuck would any Japanese company think this was acceptable in anyway?
Everyone have a pic of what the Handler could have been like if Capcom didn’t drink the American Feminist Kool-Aid and beat her with the Down Syndrome stick.

it seems you can cancel with attacks aswell

The wanted the western money. And guess who they talked to about that?

Holy shit is it everything I feared. Baby's first monster Hunter is what it should be called. 8 continues if you did, always showing where the monster went, cat heals you whenever you are hurt. Please tell me the full version isn't this shitty and they just did this to get people to buy it…

They have said since day one they want the western audience, even though they already had one, and due to soyboys and SJW constantly whining and throwing massive hissy fits about attractive characters they probably thought "Boy those filthy gaijin sure do love uglys, better make sure no one is over a 2/10".

If you died is what I meant to post.

if anyone wants to join a hunt with me, Qust ID is
47KEWHKDDBX2

yeah, this is pretty easy, maybe they'll make it harder on multiplayer?

Can anyone else confirm this? did they double the fucking cart count?

why do they make the room ID much more retarded? what's wrong with the old one?

Yes, but it was discussed earlier that this might just be for the beta
hopefully

Look

I tried avoid the doomsday pessimism and marketing shills. Done Jagras and Barroth with the Greatsword so far, here's a few thoughts:

The niggers I'm watching apparently saw a Diablos. Anyone fight it?

here's some counterpoints.
Player damage is hilariously low compared to environmental effects. A hit to a weakspot did fucking 30, a rathalos then swooped in and dealt 600, thanks game for deciding that I needed help to kill the anjanath or whatever.
Monster AI is also the old AI from when hunters were massively less mobile, so it's incredibly easy.

Hopefully the difficulty stars go up to 20 because the 4 star quest was a breeze. I guess I will wait until the game comes out till I completely dismiss it. Although multiplayer could be fun for a while.

Doubt.

Quest ID is FsvzPspYu4e if anyone wants to hunt. Feel free to just learn combos too

I forgot to add in when it works, which shouldn't have to be a statement.
Monsters still kind of veg out and stare at eachother for a few seconds

I doubt things will be different in the release version, especially with mantles being a thing. The game will be easy for anyone who played the older games.

had trouble joining, is matchmaking just fucked or something

I dont know, maybe. But people seem to be really impatient on PS. They cant even wait for a full lobby. Where as on DS me and others would wait plenty for others.

Hunting a barroth rooms open if people want to join.

6wZdtBe3cbNN

Just saw someone use up their stamina and there was no stopping or consequence. Anyone else confirm this?

There's still the exhaust animation when you stop after you've run out, but slowdown only occurs when you completely run out from what I've seen.

You stop moving and gasping for air if you used up all your stamina

Anjanath done.

So..no character creator?
can i give my girl a big ass in the final version or is this it?

No character creator in the beta, there's a trailer with detailed character creator footage somewhere.

theres only preset on the beta, you can only customize the face in the full game

I'm talking about the body, is there any customization for that
kys

You can stay in the air indefinitely with the Insect glave if you press circle non stop and keep hitting the monster like you're from AoT

Does the IG bouncing not use stamina?

You could always run forever, but when you still hold down the run button with no stamina you just move at walking speed and as soon as you stop you do the animation

It does use stamina.

It either uses very little or its bugged. I havnt run into the issue of stopping.

Probably no body customization, aside from skin color and the clothes under your armor.
Kill yourself.

Blood is also confirmed.

okay so confirmed now, running while drinking is not a skill, and you can do it whenever you have stamina, just gotta move and press r1 while drinking

Just beat barroth doing anjenath now 6F3WwXFAC2kr

i forgot to party bvack up so if the people who fought barroth with me want to join back they are welcome to.

they changed the timing of the meat. You have to do it very quickly now.

AND THERES NO SO TASTY SCREAM

Correction to this: the Greatsword didn't feel more mobile, but the bowguns are way different. I haven't used them in a hunt yet, but playing around in the training room it's clear they've got way more maneuverability. The Heavy Bowgun almost feels like the Light Bowgun from previous games. Not sure how I feel about this yet, might be the first change I'm really not happy with.

Also the Insect Glaives has some crazy air combo shit going on, but I don't know how effective that really is.

You can run around with the heavy bowgun and easily move while shooting. Also the machine gun mode is some ammo type where you go full auto.

Wouldn't body customization risk some potentially severe clipping issues with some of the armor sets?

funny how a console can be both a computer and a restricted use toy
play games on an adult machine not a nigger box

Here you go, 5 minutes into youtube.com/watch?v=DvhsraBbxFs

My only complaint about World thus far after playing is that the music is shit by comparison of past MH games. No Brachydios hype, no Zinogre hype. It's all trashed.

Elitists blown the fuck out.

In most games the armor just gets strechted in shape

remember the 6 trillion jews, goy?
>>>/reddit/

I think the reason the monster sleeps in front of you is because of the old system where it would use shortcuts and go between areas, where in this one you can just follow right behind it the whole time

Shitloads of people in this thread also claim shit without evidence along with the rest of Holla Forums and people here will believe anything as long as it's bad news.

I heard from a reliable source that this game sucks donkey balls. Check mate.

How so?

point one out.

Shit dude, guess I'm totally owned. Gonna shoot up a school and kill myself now because I got btfo online.

I tested the healing mechanic, and with exception of max potion which instantly heal you, potion and mega potion heals you in an incremental rate and will stop heal you if you break the drinking animation. Its not noticeable if you only lose like 10% of your hp and use potion, but if you only have like 40% hp left and use megapotion, you will see that its not instant at all. The more hp you lose, the longer it takes for the potion to heals

Going to fight rathalos if anyone wants to party up.

we're in the great jaggris hunt so avoid killing that monster and go for the rathalos

room code: 6F3WwXFAC2kr

the whole "escort the caravan" bullshit, no one asked for source on it

How about the fact that until today that people have been happily eating up outdated or purposely obfuscated information about the game as long as people like Nipanon scream loud enough about it with oldass webms and things that are outright false.

So long as you've learned your lesson, kiddo!

And the scout flies thing, it doesn't automatically track down monster as soon as you go out in the open world. You still need to wander around and get clues for it to start tracking, otherwise it just pointed out random shit like mining spot or plant or some shit.

Finished all 3 fights in the demo and did a bunch of refights and tried some online.
it feels like there is a good game in here, just buried under a lot of trash.

Probably give the full game a miss unless a bunch of my friends jump in on it as it will just aggravate me.

Well bad things happen more often than good things i assume.

Theres Rathalos? I haven't encounter it because all the party I joined brute force anjanath and killed it before it can run away and meet rathalos.

Then it's up to you to provide more updated reliable content to prove the other content is obsolete if you want to argue in that direction.

true, though I saw screenshots of it in the last thread.

I expected nothing and I am still disappointed. At least with the first monster you can chain flinches till he runs away. It's essentially a punching bag. Even low rank Arzuros puts up more of a fight. Granted I still need to try the others, but I'll do that after I eat.

yh took us ten minutes to find it and because of the maze like verticality of the zone it can be hard to find your way to it

Trying to find a Rathalos was fun. good hunts guys

Honestly they're not much better. There's not much threat period unless you're dicking around and trying not to heal.
It's a hard miss. It could be fun but there's way too much trash here, the maps just are too vertical based so you have 4 fucking maps ontop of eachother so the in game map is useless.
They used the scoutflies as an excuse to have poor map design

Did you guys kill it? Any video I've seen people usually run out of time. Though I think the demo at cons have less time to play.

nah, we werent able to kill it, the time limit was too short, and we sucked at tracking it.

Did you skip finding anjanath and when straight to the top area?

I hope they increase the time limit in the final game. It feels too short and doesn't give you much time for messing around, it's plenty of time to kill the main monster but not much if you want to mess around with other monsters or play it slowly.

Git Gud, dont tell me you prefer a straight corridor maps?

Demos are always 20 minutes and retail game is always 50 minutes and sometimes elder dragons will be 30 minutes but you'll still win if you did enough damage before running out of time.

Anybody wanna hunt rathalos?

Looks better than 11's aesthetic, to be honest.

7pHhxNaKdCNB

Doing last monster. Only 1 run cause gotta go soon

If the color pallet stood out a little more, I'd be fine with it. but everything's so muted you can't really tell what's an invisible wall and what's a jump point. not to mention the map doesn't show if something has multiple layers so that's not helpful.

Verticality was the worst thing that ever happened to the franchise and MH4 was the one that did it.

Maybe you just color blind?

oh no they fucking went hog wild with verticalilty in world and it's so much worse for it. every other map has a steep sliding slope or some nonsense so you can do "press a button something awesome happens"

Poor baby can’t handle vertical levels. Maybe if you stopped sucking shit.

so long sword got a huge buff, when you lose red spirit, rather than going back to no spirit, you go to yellow spirit. it wasnt like that before right? I was never a LS user

what the hell is kick default binded to in this, i can't find it

Press R3 after a quest to choose between staying or disband the party

I found an easy way to find rathalos, drop in at the camp at very top, camp 17. Rathalos is literally next to it

i meant kick as in to kick my cats

When you lose enough spirit, you go down 1 level. So when you hit max spirit and start losing spirit, you go through the other levels before hitting zero. Thats how the other games did it.

Is it just me or is the bow weak af in MHW?

What do girls wear if you unequip their armor in MHW beta?

nothing

lewd if true

I went back to 4U, beat up the great jaggi in the tutorial mission for the long sword and my red spirit blade went from red to nothing.
I'd be fine with this change if they made the spirit levels last a lot less time so LS users are forced to be more aggressive with their spirit combos to maintain the red level.

PC when???

First thoughts: guide bugs are terrible. They're either too much when they form that giant trail to where you're going or they're not enough when they hover over random shit around you.

Second: is there any way to force the bugs to find a monster you're tracking? I know old footprints mean returning monster, but if the bug doesn't do anything when I find them, what's the point?

A year at least.

Fuck, i was really looking forward to playing it on pc

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

just beat all the missions, shits pretty fun but the janky framerate can be annoying, longsword is still fun as fuck

man, i've been out of the game too long

That was a change specific to MH4G and was not the way it worked in MH3/G or MHX/XX. Infact I think it might have just been 4G alone, not even MH4.

Capcom is going to cater to these idiots and butcher the game even more, aren't they?

there's no way the game gives you good enough gear to beat a diablos on time in this

where the hell did you find a rathalos?

i dunno, MH devs are the only ones capcom don't seem to fuck with too much

in ancient forest, camp 17, literally next to it

I wanna see all those elitist that said the game is casual to try and kill rathalos solo, shit is hard as fuck. You dont need to waste time climbing the forest, just teleport or drop to camp 17, walk behind the chest and follow the trails, you will see rathalos

How about you prove me wrong and kill it solo then :^)

How about you get me a Bloodborne station so I can do it, because I can dispatch a Rathalos no problem in FU where a fireball can pretty much one or two shot you depending on rank.

man i might actually use guns for the first time

So I just ran through all 3 hunts solo with my hammer. I killed Jagras and Barroth easily they were essentially stun-locked the entire fight. Anjanath actually made me heal twice so that's something. The palico riding thing is incredibly annoying they are constantly in your way.

How about you get a job

Ok, where?

with the amount of effects that were going on with the palico and the monster in a closed in area i got pretty confused for sure in there

Then that means the game is complete shit because you can't play it without doing multiplayer faggotry.

Webm related tells you to stop shitposting

Because they fell for the Western Audiences Matter meme.

Yes, just like every other demo that… no, wait…

Most of us have seen the screenshot in question already I presume.

For example?

Oh, you're one of (((those people))), never mind.

It's been different in different games - 4th gen just dropped you back to zero, but IIRC in 3rd it went in increments.

There's 17 of them? Jesus christ.

In the past yeah, but that seems to be changing, judging from shit like them being tossed into MvC.

alright, I've bee playing this since 9:00 am, and I can say now without a doubt, that this is kinda fun. but it isnt monster hunter, it feels nothing like previous monster hunter games. I'll probably still play it, but once again, not like monster hunter

I mean, from what I've seen from the streams and various webms, I'd rather play Dauntless at this point. It's the same streamlined garbage except I don't have to pay 60$ to Crapcom and wait a year, plus I'll be able to rope in somebody to play with me more easily if they don't have to pay.

i have never enjoyed bowguns until now

You never enjoyed bowguns until they turned the game into a TPS?

I tried with a IG tried and ran out of time. Feels fucking bad.
Gonna switch to a GS and try again, he can't be that hard to kill.

I agree with you on some points but your inability to accept that things change makes you pretty fucking stupid, you know that?

I think its mostly having dualstick makes it tolerable compared to DS/PSP, loading special ammo gets my rocks off

No, how about you stop assuming things you dont even know

First attempt at a singleplayer Rath hunt was pretty damn fun. The other hunts are really easy, but this was a lot closer to the MonHun I remember. Timed out unfortunately, the asshole flew off and I took too much time finding the path up to where he was.

The more I play, the more I think being able to move while using items is fine. Your movement speed is pretty slow, and it takes so much fucking longer to get the full effect of the heal - max potions excluded - that I almost feel like the old system is easier. If you knew what you were doing, it was pretty easy to make a monster whiff you and get in a heal while it recovered. Because the heals are over time now, if you try the same thing in World the monster's going to recover and attack you again before the heal completes.

I can see what you mean, it's like how using ranged attacks went from garbage to fun when they added mouse control to Nioh.

I just soloed him with a GS, but I abused the fuck out of fast travelling to save on time.

Anyone else noticing some kind of mild auto-correcting aim on blademaster weapons? I was playing hunting horn and doing the triangle+circle backwards swing while facing away from Barroth's head, but the swing seems to move to the side away from my intended target. It feels like it's happening even with camera lock disabled.

I tried to fight the rathalos with a GL but that fucker took off and I couldnt even find him after that. I still dont even know how to use the scoutflies. The game is pretty good but the monsters in the demo dies in like 5 seconds, I even managed to kill the gyratados and the barroth in one go.

Anyone up for a hunt with me? Send a code my way. Ill be your healslut and use lifepower whenever your hurt.

Fuck yes, Rath world tour 2.0.

Some things never change.

Try to learn the minimap, it usually indicate whether the monster is above or below you. You dont need scoutflies after you encounter a monster since it will show up in your map anyway.

I'm guessing April but you never know, apparently the devs said they don't want to do a straight port from ps4. Not that it means anything they could just port it and call it a day.

PC version will most likely have Denuvo.

4QYeAPu2XAuw

The minimap barely helped me at all, its either the level itself was too confusing or that im actually retarded.

Congrats to the people who managed to solo it though. What weps did you use to kill it?

Biggest complaint so far is that the map is fucking hard to read.
Protip: if you're looking for a wounded Rathalos that flew off, he's probably back near camp 17 where starts, despite looking like he's in the middle of the map for some goddamn reason.

I can tell you’re just saying “it’s not monhun” to get brownie points from the faggots here. Everything about it is monhun just with better controls.

lord

You have to admit that the fireflies and walking while using items really makes it feel slightly strange and annoying at worst. That said it's a hell of a lot more enjoyable than MH Wii.

He's not hard, I've done it with GS, LS, and IG.
The map is the issue here. Once I gave up on trying to chase it on foot, it's just another Rathalos.

Except that we have video evidence of it not cancelling from running right there.

Provide video evidence from the demo then.

So the base camps all just have arbitrary numbers assigned to them?

Myself and some friends just tested it on the beta. You can indeed run and drink.

There's an arrow next to monster indicator on the map that tells you if its above or below

Using a potion or mega potion puts you into a near crawl walking state while you heal. You can hold down the run button to go a bit faster, about as fast as you do when walking normally, at the cost of stamina. Potions and mega potions take several seconds to get the full effect, and the effect is canceled if you attack, get hit, or roll. Max potions have a bit of startup but the heal is instant. Antidotes have the same movement properties as other healing items but take fucking ages to activate, and the poison doesn't get cured if you cancel out.

There are numbers assigned to each general area like with older MH games, retard.

It barely uses stamina. In fact most things barely fucking use stamina.

Another info, the pterodactyl on the area cannot be control, it just transfer you from one area to the next. In the ancient forest case, it just take you to the area above, ifyou ride it again, it takes you down. So it just serve as an elevator of a sort, havent tried the desert area where its all flat and doesn't have a vertical map. If your grappling hook cannot reach it, just shoot it with your BB gun so it lower itself.

So a normal walk in World is as fast as running in normal MonHun?

Fair enough. So how many base camps ARE there?

I want Monster Hunter World to fail miserably
I don't even play MonHun, I just like shadenfreude and want to see another series to plunge into a well.
You know, because internet rage is fun and all.

Then you'd want World to succeed, not fail.

the shit that happens in this is fucking wild

No, seriously. How the fuck can you piss away a year head start?

The other monsters doing the fighting for you making the game easy as fuck does sound pretty wild.

It's like I've seen you post in these threads before.

Where was that in any way implied?

4 on the first map.

Yeah, but that only lasted so much. I need my fix man

Only if this game becomes so casual let's players stream it en masse. Unless markiplier and pewdipie can play and stream this and help bring this game to the masses, I won't be happy.

shit's fun

G rank is going to be paid DLC, isn't it?

Yeah just like every other monster hunter game.

Honestly, that could be better than how they do it now. As it is G-rank is basically paid extra content that costs the game's full price, G-rank DLC would (probably) cost a lot less than full price.

except for the fact that it felt nothing like a normal monster hunter, the monsters behaved differently, and the atmosphere and visuals were completely different, stop being a lying faggot

And that is somehow worse than paying for a full price game for G rank?

Anyone managed to figure out where Diablos spawns? I want to hunt since he's the only one I'm missing.

Either that or you'll have to wait for Ultimate World and pay full price like you always did, the alternative isn't better.

Nevermind found it, he's next to campsite 15 if anyone is wondering.

its easy if you're using a range weapon but anju got into a fight with the yellow fucker while i was using LS and it was a clusterfuck and i couldn't get in on them

It's like you're (((cancer)))

In the webm here

Good to know, thanks.

That is the exact audience World was built for.

Good god the shills are out in full force

are you purposely being retarded?

It's nipanon, of course he is retarded.

It's not a better option though, the digital route requires buying both the base game and the digital content, as opposed to the current model where you skip the base game and pick up the G version when it drops to less than half the MSRP. Digital is anti-consumer cancer.

I guess it's my turn to be "nipanon"? Funny how that works.

I have never ever seen a human being defend updated re-releases over a cheaper expansion pack until the last thread. It comes off as shitting on the game for the sake of it.

That's the thing, it's not cheaper. Digital only for consoles means it stays at full price and isn't subject to the natural lowering of prices that happens when multiple competing retailers have the same product. It might potentially end up cheaper on PC due to competition between GoG and Steam and the like, but for the console versions at least it's nothing but cancer.

What if peoples already have the base game that have to buy another full price game? you gonna ignore that?

If you're stupid enough that you're buying a first release of a game in a franchise that has done expanded rereleases for every major installment since it began over a decade ago, you should probably just kill yourself.

Doesn't change the fact that full price rerelease isn't consumer friendly now is it?

It's much more consumer friendly than requiring a base game purchase plus a digital purchase that isn't subject to competition between retailers and thus can maintain a higher price. And that's before taking into account that digital content only lasts as long as the servers that support it, and if you were to buy a used copy of a game that needed it in a decade or so, you'd be SOL.

What if like with every other major update game capcom puts out they also put an updated version on shelves. Like they have done with every other monster hunter, street fighter, even dragon's dogma. So you can just wait for the physical G version and buy that anyone else can buy the base game then update?

Nipanon, have you ever heard of something called an expansion pack? Or DLC?

Its something that moden consoles such as ps4/xbone can do nowadays. Instead of needing to buy an entirely new game, possibly because of shitty handheld software.

You do know both digital update and rerelease can exist side by side like every fucking games out there? that way no one got jewed, both existing players and new players. Do you understand now you fucking dumbass.

More options is always better for the consumer, yes. I'm merely talking about a situation of one vs. the other.

Why? thats not what we were taking about. user just asked if theres gonna be a G rank and we just answer probably in a from of DLC, nobody said one is better than the other.

See , , and

They are not saying that physical version with the Ultimate DLC can't exist, but rather that the availability of a DLC for Ultimate would be better than a re-release only.

Fair enough, I apologize for jumping to conclusions on that angle.

Nipanon you're such a silly fucking dope.
I wish i could meet you irl.

In the normal game the Scoutflies level up as you learn more about the monster eventually allowing you to find it right away. Just like the regular games except since there are no instanced zones you get a helpful guide to show you the way to the walking lootbag you most assuredly have on farm now. It's a good system. Fight me.

Join my room I want to hunt and kill the Rathalos. Pick the ancient forest camp in zone 17.

The code for my room is

6DXtifm8jHQA

Don't mind if you're a shitter. You don't need a mic either. Let's just focus on killing the bastard.

would be better if they removed scout flies and improved on using your eyes and expanding the sytem.

is public? its gonna filled up before I can join

scoutflies isn't some casual auto tracker, it doesn't work unless you found some clues about the monster. You need to find at least 4 clues for it to start auto tracking, good news is if you found 1, the next clues gonna be nearby.

is MH3U a good version to start on having never played?

No it has underwater combat which will never be coming back again. 4U is probably the best place to start if you plan to play the newer games in the future.

well im limited to emulators and citra isnt as far as cemu is

Hmm maybe then 3U is your best bet or maybe Portable 3rd. I never played P3 so I don't know which is the best one to play.

Don't you (((people))) have any better ideas than this?

Am I the only person on this board who even bothered doing research on the game? The more clues you find about a monster the better the scout flies get at locating it. Maxing out the required amount of investigations and fighting it enough times eventually allows the Scoutflies to automatically lead you to the monster when you leave camp. The more information you gain on the monster by fighting and tracking it also unlocks more information about the monster in the bestiary like carve rates, and weakpoints.

You have some source on that buddy? all I know is that investigation filled your wiki pages about the monster, doesn't say anything about your scoutflies become permanently lock on to the monster.

It's buried among various videos made by shitters like Arekkz but it's one of the listed effects next to what else you're talking about.

There, destination and status shown on map when the scoutflies maxes out on that monster.

OH MY FUCKING GOD AM I PLAYING DMC

I'm still butthurt over being able to run while healing and move while firing the heavy bowgun and shit.

Legitimate complaints are hardly what I'd call "butthurt"

It's incredibly silly as well considering that speed eating is also fucking insane and you only need 3 armor pieces for it to trigger.
I don't even care, I love the heavy bowgun since tri but it just feels so powerful, you're still pretty slow so it just feels like a small upgrade. I just wished the sniper shot dealt more damage.

I avoid bowguns and bows like the plauge, the changes for GL are fucking amazing though.
Once I got used to the weapon and learned some sick combos it became my favorite alongside SA.

it's a conflicting feel to have one in your group

I just like the HBG being a gigantic log cannon and not a fucking minigun.

Remember when monsters would use creative ways to leave the environment instead of walking through the zone loading paths?
This is how it looks like in world.

Cant you still use it like that though? I remember seeing that there were multiple modes for those?

The bow is great too, the wyvernshot you can do with it is a piercing shot and it deals amazing damage against enemies like the Diablos.
I need to try out GL again, I didn't manage to play it too much yet, but almost every weapon besides SnS feels great to use, the only one I didn't enjoy was the LS.

So it spends an annoying amount of time in a magically unhittable area just to look nice? That looks irritating as shit.

i just see it as a load screen that's nice to look at with the possibility of being able to hit monsters sometimes(except that webm)

At least its not the plesioth swimming around in water out of bounds and blasting you with hyrdo-pumps for what felt like a solid minute or two.
Not being able to hit the anjanath for 40 seconds is not that bad in that case.

That's your own fault for not bringing Frogs to fish it out and Sound Bombs to knock it out of the water.

Not going to lie, I get butthurt seeing people saying shit like "I never got into Monster Hunter, but this looks like the one!"

Again, that's not being "butthurt" that's a legitimate thing to be annoyed about, because

Free DLC for the forseeable future including new monsters. Does this mean no g rank?

Tbh if it wasn't for his MH3U tutorials I might not have checked out the games in the first place. What did he do that is so offensive?

I knew this game being on PC was going to be a bad idea. cancer race ruins everything it touches, every single fanbase instantly goes to shit the moment the retard race gets involved, combined with the nintendo idiots still angry about their buyers remorse over their shitty new system and I doubt MHW threads will be able to prosper here.

Bad games have a hard time doing that here, yeah.

Shut the fuck up.

I wouldn't call "full of shills trying to terraform the board" a thriving thread, myself.