So it seems Nintendo has been stealing the good employees from Sega in the last years

So it seems Nintendo has been stealing the good employees from Sega in the last years.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hey!_Pikmin
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Smart move. It's like how valve bought out all the talent from Looking Glass and other studios that went under. Only to then focus on their fucking hat monopoly

I'm not convinced monolith is anything but a waste of money.

That would explain the massive dip in quality this past decade or so.

As long as they convince people to buy console and expand library they're fine. They also help in other projects and had big success with project x zone 1. The art for their big project looks promising too.

Sonic Unleashed was shit though

if they aren't making good games they aren't very important.

It was one of those games where obviously well over half of the team didn't care and some of them were actively sabotaging the few that did.

Only in your opinion, faggot.

they didnt steal best sega employee

Naganuma is an independent contractor these days anyway. He has been for a while.

Every time it seems like Sonic fanboys might actually have some decent people, autists like the poster in OPs pic remind me that Sonic fans will always be the most autistic fanbase
Sonic Team wishes they had anyone even half as talented as Koichi Hayashida tbh

Most of the staff that worked on Unleashed in OP's pic were artists who were then tasked with making more art for Nintendo games such as BOTW. Non surreal dreamlike direction aside, the graphics were among the least shittiest things about Unleashed.

>My dad works at nintendo and sega shows up to say "I-IT'S TOTALLY BECAUSE NINTY STOLE EMPLOYEES FROM SEGA"
Lad, please.

I'd land my Apollo on that princess's moon if you know what I mean.

Naoto Ohshima?

Sonic CD was terrible though.

And, NES Remix wasn't the game of the century. Your point?

And now they're into leeching the publisher's fee.

Sonic Unleashed artists Nintendrone, Aonuma definitely did jack shit.

The term you're looking for is "Recruiting". It's what you do when you want to fill jobs in an industry where you need people who bring something to the table. The employers are (for whatever reason) unsatisfied with their current employer, work environment, project(s), or pay/benefits and someone offers them a better deal (because they need their talents), so they take it. It's standard in pretty much any industry, especially one in which massive lay-offs tend to happen between projects, such as in gaming. There is absolutely nothing (apparently) wrong with what Nintendo is doing and if Sega is losing key talent, they should probably work towards remedying whatever problem is making them leave in the first place.

The picture in the post is retarded drivel. Super Mario Galaxy 2 and Super Mario Odyssey were made by their respective teams. You are not praising Sonic Team even if you praise a team former Sonic Team members are on. The only way you could come to that reasoning is if you think Sonic Team is the fucking center of the industry. Furthermore his examples only specify one former part of Sonic team as having worked on Galaxy 2 and 0 of working on Odyssey. That's not to say they didn't, I have no idea either way, but it doesn't prove his thesis at all.

>The employees are*

yeah, you an nintendrone

God what a retard

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hey!_Pikmin
Nope, Nintendo stole him too

Never=a=mind me SEGA,just-a-pirating some-a emplo-yees
WAHOO

top wew

Nintendo can never have denuvo in their games because they'll never leave their systems

You miss all the mobileshit they're doing lately?

You got me there.
I don't know how I could've forgotten that cancer, maybe I just repressed it.
I remember I used to love jewtendo as a kid.
Goddamn

You'll notice none of those people were directors or gameplay designers.

Modern Sonic is 100% absolutely hopelessly fucked now.

And all they literally had to do was polish the fucking physics, controls and make the game playable without having to boost at all times or feel like a slippery yet somehow stiff mess obviously only meant to make boost easier to handle with moving forward and occasional otherwise complete shit jumping.

Instead, NO', they're continually losing what few actual talent they have while putting completely inexperienced newfags in charge of the most vital shit like level design. What shitty fucking schools did these Japanese at Sega and Sonic Team seriously go to? This is fucking unbelievable.

What is the project?

Monolith has helped Nintendo on both Splatoon AND BoTW. Regardless of any opinion on either of those games, you cannot deny they have made Nintendo a decent amount of money and goodwill in the process.
Also to note. Monolith is not losing money as they reported a substantial increase in profits in a recent fiscal year.
Furthermore, I am not so convinced XCX was a "HUGE FLOP" like most people claimed it to be out of spite for the shithouse translation. Their help on BoTW alone is enough for Nintendo to want to keep them anyway.

This is a rather subjective statement, as in my opinion XC1 and XCX (Emulate it, don't buy.) are good games. I haven't bought a switch and don't plan to for sometime but people are enjoying XC2, however like those other titles, it has flaws. Something niche JRPGs are prone to having.

Little is known on this project as of current.
The two pieces of art as far as I know are all that have been released. The Japanese page for the game apparently states it to be an Action RPG and this obviously means its not the common type of game from Monolith.
So it's literally nothing until we see something more.

You know what suck? they gonna go chugh the same shit every time. mario and zelda, mario and zelda. they gonna burn out and kill themselves I swear.

That explains everything.

please no

Splatoon 3.

Ha ha baby Yoshi and baby rosalina eating poopie with Mario ha ha that's rly funny I don't meant to offend anyone ha ha toad makes peach such his cock ha ha anal baby beads that's hot ha ha
Imagine if Yoshi inflates inside peach and makes her into a flashlight beach ha ha just imagine baby doodoo bowser sucking his first cock and sucking in Luigi's farts ha ha if someone has any pictures of that please share ha ha send a lot

thats more apt then you think considering pirates recruited from captured ships, luring them into a pirates life with tons of gold and treasure