Monster Hunter World

Monster Hunter World Beta is out tomorrow.
Its gonna be shit isn't it.

Other urls found in this thread:

capcom.co.jp/monsterhunter/world/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Who fucking cares.

Isn't gonna get released on PC later next year?

You need to be online to play single player mode for the beta so they can stop people continuing to play once the beta is over you spaz.

how many quests were you expecting?

How does it feel to be constantly positive in 2017?

yeah fucker stop liking things and being reasonable.
why can't you be a pessimistic slug like me.

i doubt that's for stoping players to play once the beta is over, that works offline too. Could be so everyone participates in the multiplayer.

Why not? many good games was release in 2017 like Nioh, Nier, Persona 5, EDF 5

I'm going to try out the demo, but I doubt it will change my opinion that this game will be casualized bullshit.

I'm not even positive about MHW because it's going to be dumbed down to fuck but carry on making assumptions.

It's a game being built from the ground up for people who hate Monster Hunter, and they have so little confidence in the game they're charging you money to play the demo. It's guaranteed to be shit.

It hurts.

The rope is too good for this cattle.

Believe me, I know only pain from this too user.

Worse, those are the target audience for this shit.

Watched someone hunt the "expert" monster. Most hits you take are easily telegraphed, which would be good, but you only take about 1/10 damage to your life per hit. This is not the monster hunter I know and enjoyed, so yes, anons, it is shit. It is casual bullplop using an established name to spread awareness. Upgraded graphics mean shit if the gameplay is worse than better games on the 3DS and the challenge is nonexistent.

Does someone know how to share quest ID?

Just tell or text whomever you want to play with the ID you dope.
Its retarded that MHW still has that system instead of just inviting your friends like a normal game.

Its Fucking 8+ characters?

Yep. And?

Yeah keep accepting boneheaded ideas faggot.

Because they're testing the servers, it says right on the image you posted.

The beta is nearly, if not the same build as the press demo. It's low rank and has 8 carts for fucks sake, you'd have to be retarded to think it's going to be like that on release. Some of the changes aren't straight up buffs to hunters either, like what they did to mega potions. They take longer to heal to make up for having no flex at the end. And anons complaining about some of the QoL improvements is fucking mind boggling. Only retards are going to miss area transitions.

It's still amazing to me how MH discussion on imageboards has been consistently shitty since MHFU days.

I killed both the mudosioth and barroth in the same quest.

Took them long enough, but I'm glad it's finally worth using.

Try Diablos next.

As long as it works user. Try sending them a picture too if you have to.
Have fun you faggot!

Some anons like to shit on a videogame just for the sake of shitting on the videogame.
Let them have their fun, its not like they will pay attention to what you have to say anyways.

Yo dude want to funlance the shit out of the rathalos/diablos with me?
Send me your fucking quest ID!

How's Hunting Horn?

So is the demo confirmed the game is gonna be shit?

Framerate is fucking terrible. Nearly unplayable.

I actually enjoyed it as a game on its own, it was pretty fun.
But the old monster hunter is good as dead though.

At least this entry is fun.

why is it fun?

>no underwater combat :^)

You spend less time chasing and more time fighting.
The jumping on top of monster mechanic is pretty cool.

PC version cancelled. Trailer is ~18 hours old.

Give me 20 minutes and i will

You're right. I'm buying 20 copies right now.

The jumping on monsters mechanic has been there since the 3ds era. At least they took that aspect from those games since flying asholes are annoying and it feels real fucking good when you jump on Rath to knock his ass down when he's flying around like an asshole.

You only need one. :^)

Website still says "PC (release date to be announced)".

Considering the audience World is being built for, it wouldn't surprise me if that's the final.

Not much longer, plus you can run while using them.

That's not an improvement though, since it just means they put in a bunch of empty corridors to connect areas where you have to physically run through for a minute or two rather than just moving on.

Sounds like it.

Only in the sense that it's 3D and you push buttons to swing a weapon.

capcom.co.jp/monsterhunter/world/
Website has never mentioned a PC version at all.

I'll trust the official capcom trailer over a site that's slow to update.

It's PS4 exclusive in Japan

The graphics are pretty cool and you can have 3 diferent monsters fighitng each other

Good to know you are talking out of your ass and what you say is nothing more than ill informed opinions. You would say odyssey and 64 are only the same in the sense it's 3d and you press a button to jump.

Ok room code is 47yTwB3pPJ8Z
Only funlance is allowed

You're right, it's definitely gonna be final. I'm sure they'll nerf the demo Diablos taking half your health in one hit as well.
You're right, it's not like healing slows you down or makes you waste your potion without healing yourself if you roll out of the animation.
I too wish they'd keep the cramped level transition corridors that make me want to throw my handheld at the fucking wall when a monster knocks me out of them or when the tail/shiny lands in them. That way I can duck out of the area and heal like a pussy if I start having a hard time.

Your arguments are hot trash, man. Please don't ever consider yourself an authority on anything.

Yes it did.

Not if the potion doesn't start healing you nigger. You have a short time to roll cancel before you take a sippy. Even then it's casual as fuck.
It's okay! MHW™ has dozens of tiny corridors across the map where you can do the same fucking thing you drooling moron.

Quest ID: 6nRuyJsz6sFb
Get in here faggots we are hunting the rathalos on mission 3.

As opposed to not dodging and possibly dying.

Whenever you're ready bro!

I never fucking supported it but don't pretend you can't do the same fucking thing in MHW with corridors that are littered across the map.

Confirmed for not playing the beta.

I just played it for 2 hours. Go fuck yourself and your shit game.

Then you would know that if the monster is after you it will fuck your shit up on a corridor. Anyone with a brain knows that you haven't played it. As many times you have been wrong, you are either lying to yourself and others or just not informed about how the game plays.

No, even if it doesn't heal you'll waste it. Play the fucking demo.
PLAY THE FUCKING DEMO

That's not the point I was making. I'm saying if you use a potion and dodge out of it, you use up the potion and don't heal yourself, but you got to dodge. It's a tradeoff.

I just played the fucking demo. You don't waste it if you roll immediately.

It doesn't, you can run while healing.

In which case you can teleport back to camp and restock.

did suck, yes.

World's going to make that even easier to do, considering you can freely teleport to base camp for free full healing and restocking on all items.

So you're not trying to defend how casual they made potions? The dodge is intended to allow people not have to deal with consequences for making a poor decision. It also doesn't waste a potion if you've already healed part way. You only waste part of it, and you can cancel out of it before you start healing. I played the demo. It's fucking stupid how easy it is to heal now.

Has nothing to do with the platform, open world is just garbage period

You can not fast travel while you're in combat.

Which one? BotW? Skyrim? Uncharted? Odyssey? Fallout 4? GTA? :^)

I just tested it you lying piece of shit, you wasted the potion if you roll during healing

It's not open world. It's the same kind of map as every other monster hunter just no loading screens.

And with how vertical the game is and how much shit slows the monsters down, it's not at all hard to break out of combat, your point?

There's nothing wrong with open world. It just needs to be designed well. Which Devs seem to forget to do since "Open World" has become a selling point rather than a design choice.

"There's nothing wrong with Communism, you just need it to be run by people you can trust."

It's not hard to use a farcaster during combat either. Let's stop pretending the OG monster hunters were the pinnacle of hardcore video games friend, Japanese preschoolers play them.

Which you get 1 of, as opposed to infinite of. Not to mention you can't just freely restock your inventory or swap out your gear in the actual MonHun games.

I accidentally the session
Join 4T3LxWirtARa

I don't think I can disagree with that analogy.

It's called take one far caster plus 10 of each material. Don't pretend like it doesn't happen in g rank or I can easily claim you never played GRank. Shitters do it all the time.

4DprFdztAiNP

Join my room, faggots. We're hunting Rathalos.

Anyone else that finds the three main hunts too easy, go fight this motherfucker. He really fucking hurts, and you don't have to spend half the hunt chasing him down like with Rath.

I think it's fine if healing is made easier. Earlier today I was running around the arena for 5 minutes with two monsters after me before they finally left me alone long enough to heal, and that was in Generations, AKA the easiest MH to date. I agree that healing didn't need to be made easier if you're just fighting one monster, but something like this was desperately needed for fights with multiple monsters, especially considering the maps in World can have more than two monsters in them; trying to find three seconds in which to chug a potion while multiple monsters tagteam your butthole is simply not fun.

I'm starting to wonder if it isn't scaled. Like, if you go alone there's 3 carts, but if you go with two players it's 6 carts - 3 for the each of you.

No it's 9 carts no matter what. Obviously this is for demo purposes. They already said this.

I did him easily with GL but that's not really saying much.

How much did they buff the GL? I didn't use it much in the previous games.

And yeah, this Diablos isn't super difficult for anyone familiar with the series, but it's a lot more interesting than the other hunts. Finished with the LBG with 30~ seconds left. Baiting his charges into the mine things the LBG gets was great fun.

Once again unconfirmed rumors are spread based on some anonymous faggot online and people believe it.

It's Nier all over again. PC port info gets removed from official website, new trailer doesn't have the steam logo and they go all silent about the port until the console version gets released. 100% sure (((sony))) is behind all this.

Its pretty fun one you get used to the controls and develop and actual strategy against it but no matter what we try it cant be killed unless its with a 3-4 man team.

I don't feel GL damage was buffed much, if at all. It's still mediocre damage compared to the real heavy hitters.
If there's a buff its the stamina consumption, feels like I got innate Guard +1. It could also be just them nerfing Diablos for the beta, so its too early to say.

I went out of my way to hurt myself and it worked.

The Steam Logo isn't there because the game doesn't come out on PC on the 26TH.

Not only that
Try going stab stab stab, uppercut and then mash triangle.
Insta cool move

user what the fuck is wrong with you? MHW is a shitty game for you but why are you going out of your way to make yourself miserable? Please dont do this to yourself. Mental self harm wont solve any of your problems.

Stopped reading right there. It's a good thing they're so cancerous because you can judge if the whole thing is worth reading in a glance. The amount of hours I've saved by not reading shit must be plenty by now.

I too, am a hardcore gamer.

The new sword and shield stuff is pretty fucking awesome too. I like the body slam.

The normal lance is fun too. The super charge is hilarious.

You guys think Capcom is going to charge for G Rank?

Id like it if we could actually figure out what they did that was so bad instead of crying about it existing.

If they are it's probably going to be an expansion like with the older games as a big DLC. But then again this is capcom they would probably try to re-release the entire game just for more shekels.

I can solo a G Rank Teostra in MH4U, just like most other monsters.
I'm still hype about the game.
Suck my dick.

Did you check the light bowgun and it's commando mode?
It also looks like they made subtle changes to HH (you can still play a song twice! and also select what song to play in case you are holding on two different melodies) and hammer has a weird thing you can do while chargin by pressing O+T which i still need to understand the purpose of

user hes literally just sucking his own dick he cant bend like that and get two dicks in at once it's just not healthy.

Why would you waste that much inventory space?

I think you're the one who hasn't played the games, user.

Source on Tsujimoto or Fujioka saying this please.

Let's talk about

You make it sound like they were ever hard to use before

You make it sound like 2 analog stick or KB+M isn't the better control.

Is it yours?

Considering how annoying that was on the PS2 games, yeah, I'd much rather play on the PSP or 3DS.

I could see that being better for ranged combat, but fuck using that for movement, much less melee combat.

No, but I'm also pretty hype.
A couple weeks ago i was made fun of for having bought a ps4 pro just for the occasion.

You're the worst kind of fag.

Yeah, fuck people who enjoy videogames.

If you like to clawed your hand like a mutant, good on you m8 but I prefer a comfortable controls

The only time you ever had to claw was the PSP. 3DS fixed that issue completely with the target lock.

As an avid MH4U player i didn't want to believe the game was gonna be good.
I caved in the criticism about healing while walking, flying max potion bugs and environmental traps.
I only bought the ps4 cause i have about 7 people i know irl that are getting the game and we are all gonna play toghether.
With that said, having seen what the game has to offer, it might just be the best game in the series so far.
And you are gonna know nothing about it.

You had to claw on the PS2 as well.

Yeah well PS2 was a retarded piece of shit with attacks tied to the sticks. Unlike the PSP, that shit falls squarely under the "did not age well don't bother playing ever" category.

This tbh.

I almost never use potions (DB GOD) so the potion thing isn't actually a legit issue with this game.
I only play MH games alone though. G2+ solo (12000hrs) mh3/mh4u.I'm also pretty hype.

Doesn't change the fact you had to claw, and that in spite of having two sticks.

It's hard to go back to after the upgrades the PSP and 3DS games made to controls and general QoL, but I'd still say they're fun to play which is more than I can say from what I've seen of World

Talking about potions, isn't walking while sipping actually taking way longer than it took in other games?
Does it drink faster if you stand still?

I love how MH threads always attract the most obvious shills.
Like, at least TRY to sound like a normal poster.

Running, and no.

I remember emulating p3rd while I had no controller and playing it keyboard only, it wasn't too hard but I never tried ranged weapons.

I still found 3ds uncomfortable to play on.

I mean, more power to you pal, but, a single game doesn't justify buying a console for me, I don't have that kind of disposable income especially when said game is only a timed exclusive.

I haven't timed it or anything, but it does feel like it takes significantly longer. Antidotes in particular take forever to activate.

Don't believe so.

Everybody knows about that video and running with the potions by now, in fact i played the demo and I think running with the potions was actually fine in some situations.
It made the game more faster and less counter intuitive, thus more fun. Potions take a while to activate, especially with the health regeneration and antidotes take even longer to work. The mechanics make sense and work just fine in terms of a balanced gameplay standpoint. Call me a shill all you want though, this game is fun and that wont change a damn thing.

Just get it on PC when it comes out user. I dont want you to end up homeless on the streets because of a damn videogame.

Then why do people keep trying to claim it's just a walk and somehow takes longer than in Monster Hunter games?

What was counter-intuitive about it? And faster in this case is easier, thus less fun.

You can say that all you want though, this game isn't fun and that won't change a damn thing.

You do realize we're talking about controls in MHW right, not MH on PS2.

The argument was that having two analog sticks was somehow automatically better, when that's an obvious load of bullshit as the original Monster Hunter games prove.

Because some user's are fucking retarded and don't go look into this shit themselves and just repeat the same shit they heard from some other retard.
Does that really need an answer?

Really? You delete my post for liking dubbed anime. The fuck kind of censorship is this?

For you. I saw your other posts, it seems like you just have a bad case of shit taste. Go back to freedom unite you fag.

But isnt that how you watch anime in the first place!??!
ISNT THAT HOW YOU BROWSE THIS SITE???

Not somehow. It is better. It's amazing how the original monhun game even got this far with continuously shit control schemes that got worse as time moved on.

The sites in english. And how do I watch anime and browse Holla Forums if its in nippon?

Shit I forgot Holla Forums came in a English dub I forgot :^y

I don't really know what I expected.

Fair point.

Says the guy defending World

Monster Hunter original and Dos beg to differ.

You mean that improved? Because the PSP was a definite improvement over the PS2 controls. And it got this far because the game was still challenging and engaging enough to encourage people to adapt to the controls enough to play it, something World looks to be dropping entirely.

The same way you play video games.

It's a game made for Westerners, of course it's only going to attract the Westaboos.

I guess its too much for you to watch the show while reading whats at the bottom at the same time???
That should not be a problem though, japanese take forever to speak.
In that case user, i think you're just slow.
also that ID Heil'd

Also here user, its your post, take good care of it.

the analog stick isn't responsible for retarded control scheme.

No, but just having a second analog doesn't automatically make the control scheme better.

You are one of the most nonsensical posters on this site.

In MHW case, it does

Like it matters anymore, I was already censored. I'm starting to wonder if the rumors about mark hiring cuckchan mods were true.

I watch it in english when I play vidya, unless it's the nobunaga one, but I always have to watch that several times to get it all. Not like it matters since every episode is only around 3~ mins.

Is that you Ron?

not really, the lockon is way worse than in the DS games because it rotates and isn't just a center camera

Well i never said it was gonna be one game only for me.
I do have 3 friends in my immediate vicinity who can lend me physical copies of games, and about 5 i can play with after a quick call.

Just for you Ill ask him about it the next chance I have to speak with him.

Who the fuck is Ron?
Im making fun of you for saying something stupid.

Why would need a lockon when you have a dedicated 2nd analog stick for camera control?

How do you know the dorito jew?

I haven't seen anyone use the grappling hook. Is it not in the beta?

grappling hook can only be use in a few situations. swinging from a tree branch with weird glowing bug, ride a pterodactyl to another area, and recovered yourself if you got thrown off when mount a monster and maybe some other stuff I haven't figure out. Point is, you cant use it anywhere you like ala spiderman.

Join my room I want to hunt and kill the Rathalos. Pick the ancient forest camp in zone 17.
The code for my room is
6DXtifm8jHQA
Don't mind if you're a shitter. You don't need a mic either. Let's just focus on killing the bastard.

The only thing it has going is its visuals. It's basically a pure action game at this point.

There are screenshots of 3 cart quest details from the press versions of the game demoed already. 9 cart is for the beta. Stop being so bitter, user. The game is super fun.

Ever single fucking time.

I would now but im too damn tired. I will help anyone out with quests tomorrow though. Goodnight.

She is disabled in the multiplayer quests

She shuts up entirely after about 2 quests. I have not heard much from her since hour two unless I pick a weapon I have not tried yet. You can turn off the normal voice acting for the word classic grunts in sound options.

Here, I made a shit video faggots. You can move while using potions, but you're not fucking sanic.

How is this a bad thing?

Only outside of combat, did you fail to find the Jagras and give up?

I killed it fast enough without it getting anywhere hardly. And never dodged enough to leave me out of breath. I honestly thought they got rid of the stamina bar. It wasn't until I was running after the Barroth that I noticed it slowly goes down during chase.

Feels casualized. Gathering didn't take that much time in the first place.

I honestly don't know whether stamina's been changed then, I haven't paid much attention and the weapons I use don't have stamina mechanics.

Really have to disagree here though, it isn't like having to stop to gather items was a challenge or anything, it was just pure extra tedium. And you still have to stop to mine.

The entire pacing just feels faster in general. You no longer need a net to catch bugs now too. They just lay out in the open and you can run and grab them too. It's really jarring and feels like it's a fast-paced action game now.

If you asked the people here 2 years ago what their ideal MH game would have been they would have almost unanimously agreed on something similar to this game. Now that they have it you are witnessing the power of unified autism.

Just got done trying to fight the Rathalos solo with SnS not happening for me. Was fun though. Good luck sharpening your weapon anywhere near that fucker.

The only thing I enjoyed was rapid carving. You can spam circle to continuously carve without going through an animation. Super useful after you beat the quest. That and its visuals. Everything else makes it feel too different from a typical MonHun.

I don't know, maybe it's just not for you then. There's some changes, but the core gameplay still feels like Monster Hunter to me. And what would you call MH if not an action game?

That's the thing, MonHun has always been an action game, but this feels a little closer to the cuh-razy side to me. It's something about the general flow. It's feels faster than any of its predecessors (though, I skipped Cross). I really can't say I'm hyped for this at all. I will probably skip this MonHun as well.

flavor animations like that may be fine and dandy and show how much effort devs are willing to put into something, but they get real fucking old real fucking fast
complaints about the combat are fine
but complaining about the streamlining of gathering items just feels like you're against change
its the same as those sub-humans that think survival horror games should have shitty controls because that somehow "adds to the experience"

Its nice that gathering is faster, but I don't need bugs pointing out everything like I am too retarded to know what I can gather.

Honestly, I am. I've enjoyed all previous versions of it, but Cross and this don't really feel like the MonHun I've known. I would've been fine if they just updated the visuals and kept it where you don't need to load different sections of the map.

The game feels like a mix between Dragon's Dogma and Monster Hunter and that is A-Okay with me. I like it a lot. Did you ever figure out how to grapple the Remobra though? It's the one thing I still can't do.

you got me there, stupid hand holdy shit like that should take a fucking hike

but those smaller things don't even impact you at all, if you didn't like how the combat felt compared to older games I'd understand, but this is like complaining that a game lets you skip cutscenes

I guess it's a personal thing. It just feels too different to me. You know, honestly, if you could get rid of the "no need to pay attention" bugs, tracking a monster by actually looking at the ground for tracks would be really fun.

Can you unequip the clothes of female characters in the beta?

Looks like it's about walking speed. It's not that bad. It offers a chance for players whom know how to use their positioning to evade but casuals aren't going to be able to take advantage of it.

I have been played the beta basically nonstop today and it seems that the more you gather the less you see the Scoutflies in general. It seems that they do it the first couple of times to get you up to speed then stop once the game understands you have a grasp of the general idea. It seems that all of the tutorial stuff resets if you close the game as well. Though I doubt this will happen in the full release. Some anons here are just being contrarian asshats. No one bitched remotely as hard when 4u forced you together blue mushrooms and honey with little pings on the map, but no this is a NEW monster hunter. Lets all collectively lose our FUCKING minds over walking while drinking an instagathering and ignore all of the fun shit they added to the game.

I could do it after shooting them with a slinger shot, I think that's the requirement to grapple them.

What's the "fun shit," Capcom?

I didn't have any performance issues, but I was using a ps4 pro. Game was a blast.

I can fucking charge up sword mode with SA and ride the monster with an element discharge and blow my load all over them

Capcom has had heavy shill presence ever since they announced world. Look at the Mega Man thread a while back where everyone was willing to buy a fucking capcom collection on Switch, its obvious theyre shills

The scoutfly tracking thing isn't really as hand holdy as I imagined it would be. I thought they would instant find the tracks and clues, but you still have to explore a bit before you find something to investigate.

I know that from previews the more you hunt the same monster the better your Scoutflies get at tracking that particular monster. If I have to trade paintballs for a bigger more open and interactive world to hunt monsters in I am down with the Scoutflies. At this point I find them more interesting than mindlessly running through each zone and hitting the target cam going "Nope, not in 8, nope not in 6."

I would much rather you use your Calico as the Scoutflies. Let it point out clues for you and when it catches the scent you follow it instead. Having your calico in 4 player hunts would have been cool too.

Hi Makoto-senpai, how is the butthurt going? still salty that people are having fun?

Not really, they hone in on the tracks and broken branches pretty easily.
You enjoy this then.

If you roll immediately, ie the space of time between you pressing the sippy button and your guy actually taking a sippy.

You mean before the potion touches your lips and actually gets used?
Yeah, it's nice technology.

Yup Capcom is paying me to shill on an imageboard you can't even find with google. You stupid fucking faggot. I get you don't like the game, but why waste your time in this thread, about a game you hate, and likely have not played? Are you autistic, user?

As for the fun shit, I like the new mounting system, the instant gathering, the new moves for every weapon, the new SnS stuff is super fun. I like the increased interactivity in the environments. I find the glider mantle fun.

You're not even the guy I replied to.

I'll take even a little more interaction with the environment in the form of glowing trail scout flies over literally nothing, user. Nothing. You just run from zone to zone until you memorize where the monster is, it works the same in this game, except you know, you get to interact with the environment.

But you can jump in DD, climb a giant cyclops wherever you want and much more faster combat

Played one hunt at a friend's house

Wear the rocksteady mantle

In reference to DD I mean the general atmosphere AMD the way the bow handles. The bow is really FUCKING fun in this MonHun. To the point where I don't know if I can go back, user. The dodging, the way that fucking wyvern shot thing knocks your hunter on the ass. It makes me rock hard. If you do anything in the beta, try to kill Rathalos with the bow. I am basically sold. Still not preordering that shit though.

To be honest I went into demo ready to sperg out about the 6 billion skill mantle, remember the skill points goy.
Turns out it's not really that good, it's available for 1 minute, and then is gone for 6 minutes. You find more often than not when you pop it you feel like you're not sure if you even got any value and the cooldown time is about half the hunt so you get 1, maybe 2 if you're bad, uses per hunt.
It's not worthwhile to use over literally any other mantle or tool.

I didn't even really bother with too many of the items, mostly because the UI was fucking tiny and my eyes aren't that great, so sitting across the room on a couch staring at a large TV just wasn't helping.

Also the changes to mounting make it feel a little like Dragon's Dogma. Mounting now uses Stamina instead of a minigame. You can move around on top of the monster and if you stay in one place too long the monster will try different stuff to get you off. Like if you stay on the head he will try to ram a wal or breathe firel, if you stay on the tail it will try throwing you off, or hitting the ground to shake you off. If you're on it's back it will try to roll over. It's not as free form as DD but they definitely took cues from DD. Like how the ogres in DD will slam their back on the ground if you climb there. It's a lot more interactive and fun to mount now. And if you run out of stamina you can't use your singer to rodeo back on.

You really love the word "interactive" ey

Yes I like to interact with my video games. Not simply play the spam button and hold button mini game. Should I use another word to describe what you do in a video game?

Eh its pretty shit
Alot more casual and easy. Monsters are also pretty stupid this time around. The environment is also cluttered as fuck and looks awful. It runs like ass too, and with how Japan handles PC releases we probably won't ever get a non-trash port.
It is being shilled alot though since Capcom really wants this to become their new money fountain.

You're not even trying to hide your shilling. I rememver they used to hire better

Please respond to the correct post next time.
The post you wished to respond to can be located located here

Don't have to spam, just hold the button down.

Nearly every thread anons are on about going fast. Now let's slow it down and get back those animations that waste time and are fun to see about three times before you're sick of them.

That is weird I swear I clicked on your post.

Please tell me how the old mounting where you spam one button is better than the one where you get to climb all over the monster to avoid different attacks the monster can do sometimes using the envorinment itself against you. It is inconceivable to you that the game could actually be quite fun you're just being a contrarian? No I'll just call the guy a shill marketer because it bolsters my confirmation bias.

That's pretty shit.

FUCKING WHAT?

OP's a faggot the demo is online only because you have to have Playstation plus to get the demo because it's a Sony Exclusive thing.
They've set it up like that to test the servers.

It's most likely just for the demo.

You're not charged directly for the beta, but you have to be a member of the Playstation Good Goy club to play it (or anything online on the PS4)

You seem new friendo, and also alot like a shill.You've ticked off all the usual red flags; 'Muh contrarianism', 'Muh nobody cares about Holla Forums', and 'Muh Buzzwords', and the inability to figure out what IDs are. Alternatively, if you aren't a shill could you prove that by shutting the fuck up instead? If the game is worth shit (Which it isn't) people will find out anyways once the PC release comes out.

It might be better in the case of World, but that still doesn't mean a second stick "automatically" makes it better. It has potential to be better because of the second stick, but it's far from automatic.

Are there? I'd love to see them.

You're also far from "walking." Also jesus that red bar healing is fast, and the potion itself only takes two seconds.

And yet it's been proven that people shill here. Makes you wonder, really.

It's especially stupid considering MonHun was a money fountain to begin with, and what they're doing is basically the equivalent of blowing up the fountain in hopes of getting more water faster.

Mounting was already a dumb thing to implement. At first at least, it was just momentary and a way of making way for more actual Monster Hunting and openings for power attacks. The new scheme makes mounting a goal in and of itself, and puts more focus on it.

Such is video games.But remember, it's Fun™, Innovative™, and Better than Ever™, so you better go along with it goy.

No kidding makes me so glad that my favorite series is almost unexportable, and thus mostly albeit not completely immune to this shit

LOL

She's always been disabled :^)

retard

Now now, let's give him the benefit of the doubt maybe his employer will let him write it off as a business expense

Biggest complaint I have is the dumb ass favorite wheel that's bound to the fucking right stick so you cant change your camera while going through items.
I know it's supposed to be a quicker way to use items but fuck that I prefer spamming through the old wheel. Why have both.
Other than that game is really fun.

Here you go, faggot-kun.

That sounds awful can you still claw for the camera? Or did they do something else with the D-Pad?

Fair enough. Always a relief to see they didn't fuck up one of the most basic fundamentals.

Why the fuck would you claw on a controller with a right stick? Why? What is this autism? The absolute state of this place.

Im doing fine on mine, did you gut your ps4 or something

You can still claw and you can remove the radial wheel entirely.

Because Also, you clearly haven't played the PS2 games

Good

Even the most basic of research would have lead you to this conclusion. Your entire opinion of this game is based solely on the conjecture of random shitposters on the internet instead of your own cultivated sense of taste. I for one will enjoy playing Monster Hunter: Dark Arisen.

No no. I get that. I understand perfectly well what the d-pad was for in 2004. When Monster Hunter somehow had a much shitter control scheme than it does now. But. Why in 2017 would you EVER fucking claw on a dual shock 4? Why ever? Why? What the fuck, nigger?

Because the stick was being used for item selection for some reason. Luckily, indicates that that can be turned off entirely.

Check your fucking eyes. This shit is running worse than the 3DS games.

Works on my machine lol

How?

But he is?

Either you lack reading comprehension, or I've misinterpreted the post I replied to because the one before it was deleted. I believed user was talking to someone complaining about have to read text on screen while playing the game.

Misinterpreted then. He was talking to someone complaining about having to read subtitles in anime. The post in question was screencapped and reposted here:

Monster Hunter was always shit user

is this the new THE GAY COMMUNITY approved game?

Basically yeah, it was built for them from the very beginning.

no, it's pretty mediocre.
I'd say it's worst than Gen and that's a fucking low bar to clear.

I liked the demo very much, it was still an incredibly fun game to play. Most people who bitch about the game are oldfags who hate how the game is different from the first 2 and freedom unite. Otherwise on its own MHW is a very fun game, especially when you challenge yourself against the harder monsters.

Why would they do that?

Has anyone tried just camping out in the corridors to see if the monster is even capable of attacking in it? Do attacks damage the monsters in transit?

Holy shit why are there so many obvious shills on 8ch?

It’s really fun and is MonHun. The faggots who are railing against it hate it because it doesn’t have shit controls.

Give it a few months after World releases, they'll leave then we'll just have to deal with the shitposters and the people Stockholmed into defending it purely because it's on the PC in the West

Why is it so hard to believe that there are people that like Worlds? Not everyone is a shill you fucking faggot, I've played every single MH game since freedom duo with my brother and we both played and can't see anything wrong with the demo, nothing that really stands out as game ruining atleast. I think anyone that is mad right now should legit kill themselves, it's a fucking video game of course it is going to change over time.

I was dumb, I watched the ENB MHW stream. Do not watch the ENB MHW stream unless you have some pressing need to be absolutely furious.

Exactly what I need right now.

You can change without completely trashing everything that made your game appealing. Dragon Quest manages to be different in every title while still maintaining it's identity and what makes it's fans like it.

Holy fuck user, I know that its alright for you to not like the game but why cant you accept that some people here actually like it? No matter what you say you wont change our opinion. At this point you're just being a bully.
And I wont leave, I will play and enjoy MHW because I like the game, just like the previous MH games ive played

who knows, i'd ask them but i haven't bothered with xx yet.
i'll try out mhw when the pc version comes out, i won't shell out money on a ps4 especially when most of the people i play monhun with have little positive things to say about it.
i'm replaying mhdos with burango's g rank patch for nostalgia's sake in the meanwhile.

What's been trashed?

You no longer have to wait to gather items at gathering points. Time consuming grind is the soul of MonHun afterall. :^)

Ive seen fags like you bitch constantly for months non stop and now that people have their hands on the demo, you're doubling down on calling anyone who doesn't think it's hot trash a shill.

No it doesn't change trash everything stop using hyperbole this is not as anywhere near extreme as what happened with Nu-Doom. But I guess im a shill for looking at this objectively instead of the actual changes and not crying like a fucking man-child.

Sup goon-kun.

Wow what a game shattering change.

Yes I forgot im clearly a goon because I called you and all these other faggots out for crying non stop in every thread for the past 5 months and im tired of seeing it.

Add in your attempt to demonize people who dare to post a lot about a topic in a direction you disagree with, and you have why people can recognize you as an astroturfer.

There's a patch for Dos that adds in G Rank? I'll need to check that out.

The pace of the combat, the sense of tension, the need to act carefully rather than button mash blindly, the challenge, pretty much everything that differentiated Monster Hunter from other action games.

I've seen the opposite, now that people are seeing firsthand how terrible it is, there's tons of people doubling down on trying to drown out actual impressions with vague platitudes and claims of "it's just like Monster Hunter"

Now why do you think I would be here in this thread if I dont play MH?
Silly user stop kidding yourself.

Pace of the combat seemed just as spammy as Generations to me, were you this upset at that game aswell?

This was a demo, there will still be monsters that take half your health in one hit, which will force you to act carefully.

I would've been if X had been marketed as Monster Hunter 5 like World is being, instead of being very blatantly a side-project done by a completely different team. Styles and Hunting Skills were pure cancer.

yes actually generations was fucking awful.

And don't forget the ridiculous HP bloat of Hypers.

No just you.
You already called yourself on that post of yours.

>we'll just have to "deal with" the shitposters and the people Stockholmed into defending it

If that does not sould like a bully then I dont know what is.

This isn't a reddit safespace. You act like a fag, you get bullied. That's how it works.

The fact that you consider >(30) to be a legitimate argument against someone is the point.

And the fact that you are unironically complaining about people bullying you on the Internet. Jesus christ, you need to go back to SA where people won't hurt your feelings for fear of having to pay to get back in after a ban.

That's fine then, atleast you are consistent, I don't think Worlds is as bad as Generations was but it all depends what the end of the game looks like, Generations turned into a clusterfuck towards the end where monsters hardly got to attack because they were downed via all the different methods for most if not all of the fight meaning you never needed to learn fights.

yeah, i'm honestly surprised that it was still updated on 2013.
i don't even remember using dung bombs back then so multi-monster fights in one area was a blast

Playing dumb has always been the Jew's greatest strength.

Okay then, I understand. Im not going to bother you about it anymore.
Its pointless to try to talk to you to try and reach a point where we understand each other more but oh well.
I would of course LOVE to see you try to "deal with" me in the coming months though.
Now have a nice day user.
And enjoy your vidya gaems

"Oh no da goyim have found me out. I forgot about the me-me font."

There's nothing wrong with open world. It just needs to be designed well. Which Devs seem to forget to do since "Open World" has become a selling point rather than a design choice.
This
Three specific examples off the top of my head:
Woulda been great if they didn't follow the far cry formula to a T.
World size was actually goodly sized for what it was, still felt a bit walky though. Bullet sponges are still a bit of a thing. For any of you curious, I played it this weekend while it was free, haven't paid a dime.
Way too empty. A LOT of that space could have been properly filled via much bigger cities and towns. Imagine Riften with more houses on the lake. I've used creation kit before it's piss easy to make houses once the assets are there.

Most open world games suffer from repetition and emptiness. HR, for example, would have been better if it emphasized stealth over firepower and had independent agents on both sides. Territories being taken and lost all without your intervention (but maintaining a general equilibrium around where you left it, so it isn't "maintenance" heavy.)
Love me some monster hunter. Got introduced to it with Tri on the wii, then pretty much bought a PSP to go back and play freedom unite. After that I played portable 3rd on emulator for a while. The thing that ticked me off most about World was the bugs which do all the work for you- no open world game I've seen (including witcher 3) makes you locate everything yourself.

In world's case it seems like the "open world" and the scoutflies was just an excuse for them to avoid map design. They're pretty awful

Please bully me user-sama~

This is the audience Capcom wants.

The scout flies are there because casuals are to brain dead to know how paintballs and psychoserum work or get confused when they need to find something on their own and need quest markers to tell them were to go.

Then my main tower broke and world was announced, goddamit monkey paw.

I played the beta and dumpstered everything. The game is too easy to begin with (monster's health being lower and mounting being even easier than in 4), and mantles make the game even easier. Just fucking emulate Freedom Unite and Portable 3rd you fucking retard.

I think he meant it being World instead of a good MonHun being part of the monkey paw effect.

Try reading the post you're replying to next time.

You realize they were low rank hunts right?

Even for low rank mantles are inexcusable

Everytime I hear something new about MHworld I get more and more dissapointed, I hope it isnt a success which could mean they stop making mainline MH games and focus on world iterations

Capcom should use the budget on their games, not on obvious shills.

But that's not how you do Western Video Entertainment™.

To be fair, it's most likely Capcom of America's money, not Capcom's, so it's not like it's money that could be spent on anything meaningful to begin with.

That's what open world ends up being in 99% of games that it's implemented in. That's the reason the concept has become so hated.

Another genre killed by reddit and normalfags.

F

I trust the devs not to duck this up. You niggas are acting like this shit is being done by Team Ninja or EA and not the team that delivered the first 4 gens of monster hunter in the first place. I played the fuck out of the demo and had a blast.

The combat still feels like good old Monster Hunter. Every single weapon has been improved, mounting is actually fun to do now and requires thought, the environmental stuff doesn't effect much to the degree people were freaking out about all that much, even with 4 players it takes roughly the entire span of the quest to find and kill the Ajanath. The Great Jagras is the first big monster in the game it was never going to pose a challenge to anyone.

The only thing that deeply concerns me about this game is the framerate. You get two big monsters and screen with 4 people and it tanks to the low 20s. Absolutely unacceptable considering the 3ds and psp games never so much as stuttered.

This

Do you anons in this thread seriously think this game will end well for the consumer? Keep in mind that it's already attracting the Twitch crowd, meaning the devs will do all they can to cater to them. Expect loot crates or something to that affect in the future. This game will be nothing like what you are used to from the MH franchise.

Half of the streams are shit like
24+ HOUR STREAM OF THE MONSTER HUNTER WORLD BETA LIVE.
Seriously the fucking twitch crowd makes absolutely no sense, how do you play 3 20 minute hunts for 24+ hours

That shouldn't really be an issue with the PC version. But they really should try to improve framerate for other versions.

As for my opinion, the missions seems pretty decent for the game.
I mean 2, 3 and 4 stars on 3U and 4U were already fucking ez, the difference is that at 3 and 4 stars some missions were a bit cheeky like the querupeco who called a Deviljho to fuck up your shit.
These demo missions are just generic ones that are probably just there to simbolize what the gameplay is about and so people can test the new changes.

You get o n e shot user, otherwise we hang you.

This is an instant dealbreaker for me. Do you have a source?

Join me and let's fuck up a mudsioth
7CcKnj48huRD

Ill help you out user. wait for me.

its only for demo

Game still feels kinda clunky to me. I don't think I like MonHun games.

Isn't it only Always Online because it's a beta? That'd be more understandable.

It will be like any other capcom game made now. It checks to see if you are a good goy and connected to the internet and at worst it starts the game in offline mode similar to Dragon's Dogman.

Eh, it's not for everyone, it's a love it or hate it kind a game.

I just can't get the hang of it. How the hell do I reload the gun lance?

I have a handy picture for you.

Thanks. That worked.

Capcom isn't going to fuck up their biggest cash cow. Without MonHun they are finished.

this is petty

Why not? They've fucked up every other cash cow they had.

MonHun is not like their other cashcows though. It's basically a national institution. They would die. There would be actual riots if Capcom legitimately ruined MonHun.

What rank is that old blos vs the new blos?

Based on the equipment he's using, the Alatreon hammer and Ceadeus armor, it's most likely G-rank in the comparison; unless they happen to be hunting in a lower rank than they're actually at, using higher tier gear. World's using Low Rank footage, because so far only Low Rank has been shown. So, it's comparing Low Rank, un-enraged Diablos, to enraged and most likely G-rank Diablos.

Oh well thats fair

Low rank Diablos is a fucking joke of a monster whose greatest weakness is you walking slightly to his left and suddenly he whiffs every charge.
The biggest challenge is not falling asleep when he spends 7 seconds every time he goes below ground only to move and surface at the place you were at BEFORE he went underground while you are miles away.
Here's a minute of exciting low rank blos gameplay straight from P2ndG