THQ Nordic is teasing something about Jagged Alliance ?

jaggedalliance.com/

It seems like THQ Nordic has something planned for Jagged Alliance soon™. They acquired the IP a couple of years ago which probably didn't cost them too much considering the quality of the recent titles, the latest one (Flashback) being a quick kickstarted cashgrab.

I doubt that this is a remaster of JA2, it would be pointless considering it runs sort of well on modern specs not to mention there's already a firmly rooted modding community for it. On the other hand I also don't see them doing a new JA game either since it would be quite the task in the current, JA2 had a lot of fleshed out areas from voice acting to sound design and it seems we can't have that nowadays without spending a million dollars minimum. I'm really curious what THQ Nordic wants to do with the franchise though, they have been surprisingly alright most of the time. I'll still keep my expectations at the lowest.

It will be like NuCOM calling it.

They announce partnership with EA

If it's a new JA game, it's very probable. I have seen a lot of SRPGs using that half-cover/full cover thing and getting rid of action points since NuXCOM. Are action points too complicated or something ?
If they decide to go this way that would kinda suck anyway, there's a lot of options regarding movements and actions in JA and I don't see how to give the player the most freedom without using AP.

Please don't butcher it like that THQ please don't butcher it like that THQ please don't butcher it like that THQ

It will run on Novalogic's new engine.

I really liked Back In Action. The projectile based firing lines instead of pure RNG was pretty cool. Too bad about only having minimal destructible environments though.

>(((thq nordic)))
sage

Pretty much
Western turn based RPGs are regressing instead of progressing in terms of depth.

okay redditor op just fuck off okay? this place was good before you showed up.DOTR

Careful what you meme lest we get a microtransaction ridden F2P multiplayer Jagged Alliance.

You mean like the ones we've gotten before?

There's nothing left to meme my friend, the franchise changed hands 6 million times and we got almost every horror we could imagine.

What the fuck.

Im cautiously optimistic
Its pretty hard to fuck up such easy TBS concept after all

Have you been living under a rock for the past decade?

N-nevermind then

Never underestimate the current year videogame developer.
Plus, y'know, we already have a precedent set with Console XCOM.

И вот почему мой племянник алкоголик.

It isn't just the turnbased ones either.

In kekscom bullets either hit target (or cover to break it)
or cease to exist entirely.

Nobody but Eastern Europeans give a fuck.

Yeah I really hate when a game does that, there's plenty of times when I was able to hit someone I wasn't able to see but I knew was there because of that which I always thought was pretty neat. Same thing for cover, plenty of times I got saved by being prone behind a rock in the desert even though the enemy had their sights on me.
It's a shame most SRPGs nowadays don't even bother making bullets projectiles.

In kekscom bullets don't exist; attacks are dicerolls. For reference, in the game it's ostensibly a remake of that was released nineteen years before it, bullets were actually physically simulated.

also they'd have to actually try to release a worse JA than back in action, so i'm cautiously optimistic

Wish they'd tease something about Destroy All Humans