I think Zelda winning GOTY was well deserved

I mean I would've been happy with anything but PUBG winning, but I was really pining for Zelda to win. Glad it did, did the open world meme better than so many other games before it.

Thoughts Holla Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/LJYSg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I agree. It's pretty much the ultimate form of open world combined with insane emergent gameplay. It's really too bad the sonyggers astroturfed against it to hell and back.

At least it's a game rather then a walking simulator or movie.

it was alright as a trap dress up sim but that's about it.
Yakuza 0 is my personal choice, or automata because Y0 was technically a 2015 release.

In all honesty it should have been Gravity Rush 2, Nioh, Nier Automata, Yakuza, or Etrian Odyssey 5.

Persona 5, Nier: Automata, Cuphead, or Super Mario Odyssey should've won. Y'know, games with ACTUAL REPLAYABILITY.

BoTW's a broken, unbalanced mess of a Zelda game that only won due to corporate pandering, nostalgia fagging, and because of "M-MUH OPEN WORLD" newfags. Fuck 'em.

report dupe threads

You niggers are told to fuck off with saying that for dragon's dogma, why should you be allowed to say that for breath of the wild?

Cry more, Nintendrone.

Do I need your permission.

It was pretty good for a bethesda game

Here is to hoping the next once is developed like Majora's Mask: Same engine/art but with more cool stuff.

I keep forgetting it came out, honestly. Not that I thought there was anything offensively shitty about it, I don't know why it hasn't stuck in my memory.

I feel like I should go back and spend more time with it, since I had a pretty enjoyable week with it on release, but it's hard to find a reason to. I need a better reason than just fucking around in the overworld for another 40 hours, which is what I would be doing. I feel like chasing down every single fucking Korok seed and shrine would be a bad idea.

It's not even a Zelda game

EOV had no chance because the west is more console-oriented. It's a shame because it's probably the best EO game.

Shoot yourself.

Also, this just in:
THE GAME AWARDS LITERALLY FORGOT AN AWARD
archive.is/LJYSg

shit game
op is a faggot

BotW is garbage. If it's a Nintenyearold effect, why wouldn't they at least go with Mario Odyssey? It's legitimately good while BotW is worse than Skyrim.

Polling started before Odyssey was released, which I think is why it didn't win anything other than Best Family Game.
I'm really surprised that the Nintendrones managed to beat PCMR out of winning Best Strategy Game though.

Stay mad faggots.

MAAAAARK

The menorah is the strongest weapon!

Could have been a way worse choice, but BotW has a lot of flaws such as the lack of enemy variety, and loot basically meaning jack shit as most of the stuff you find will be breaking after one fight.

but like I said, they could have chose something much worse.

Brace yourselves, the next season is going to be filled with thin-skinned switchfags like this faggot

NO NO NO NINTENDO IS SHIT THIS IS WORSE THAN A MILLION HOLOCAUSTS NOT HAPPENING
THEY DON'T DESERVE ANY AWARDS DON'T DON'T DON'T!

All of the above were better games

That'd be like of all the Final Fantasy games they picked 13 to get an award

why?

Who the fuck unironically cares about this oscars shit?

Wolfenstein 2 winning best action game proves that while the show was more entertaining and the announcements more interesting this time, the actual awards are still an absolute joke. It was gratifying to see HZD get BTFO in every category but I don't think they even really know WHY Zelda was better, if it was.