Mojang Being a Jew: A Fun Trip Into the Jewish MC Market

I want to get Minecraft on Windows 10 not because it is a game I want to play, but because I want to upload my old and dated texture pack that no one uses anymore onto the marketplace for some shekels. Prepare to pay 8800 Coins for premium edition of my texture pack that you can get for free.

I need an account to sell people things. Prepare to pay for BROPAINT PREMIUM EDITION!!!

Gift code NOW!!!!

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/aq4xf
forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=15410
forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?t=16503
github.com/stleary/JSON-java
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

How many shekels is it in USD?

jew-meme thread?

From your pals at /k/.

>artificially limiting the amount of (((gift codes)))

I fucking love you, you beautiful bastard.

This thread is great for my collection. You're all magnificent.

Wew lads I dubbed that name for this webm years ago and find it in the current year.

Centuries of sneaking into the houses of Christians and abducting their children for use in blood libel rituals sure as fuck did give that kike some nimble feet

Oy vey support israel goy send more troops or itll be anudda shoah!

archive.is/aq4xf
Read more about it right here.

What the fuck.

that second one is so ass-backwards. if it wasn't for the west constantly protecting and supplying israel, it would be leveled by the muslims. The muslims, btw, who are only hostile to the west because of israel.
dirty kikes.

Dedodated wam

Random merchant folder dump? Ok.

People still play minecraft?

god bless those jewish hearts.

Agreed, I also thought that you could make the boulder jewish and the rock giant Holla Forums with the town as general normies, niggers, and other faggots.

What would you have done to save it?

Actually make Dwarf Fortress 3D instead of the shit we got.

I wouldn't, I played starting with Indev and I think the main killer was that Notch didn't really have much of an idea of what he was doing so turning to shit was an inevitability, there's also the problem of that lazy fucking building it on Java and not hiring proficient programmers to build a c or even c++ engine for the game to fix all it's fucking shitty performance quirks.

I'd love to fix Minecraft, I wish they would hire someone who has a single idea as to what they were doing, there are even faggot redditors who had better ideas than the entire current cuck team. There are mods that do a better job with Minecraft than what people who are hired to work on the game do.

Oh yea, how is Minetest, been thirsting for years to make higher quality assets akin to what Dock had designed for Minecraft but last I checked it didn't support 3d models

Minetest leaves a lot to be desired. You have to create mods for shit you assumed would be in the game to begin with because it decided to be an engine for a game rather than a game itself. (For example, there's no native entity framework, so everyone creates their own.)
There was some fork that tried adding basic gameplay features in response to Minetest going down this route, but I forget the name of it.

But DF is already 3D :^).

Gas Notch, make it in anything but java, remove the autistic tedious shit where you're still autistically mining the same shit materials except a little bit faster and add NPCs that work for you. Also make it look good and add rape mods and gacha.

So I'm guessing a no on those 3d models, maybe if I make them someone will add the functionality, or maybe if I keep on with C I will have the skills to implement them, even though Minetest is built on C++

Fuck Mojang.

Give it an actual artstyle. Minecraft's graphics are made of placeholder textures and models.
Pic related was intended to be the player's character but Notch fired the artist.

Notch's twitter is great for shitposting

A decent amount of those suggested ideas have been added, it's just has taken them nearly a decade. Though the volcano atolls haven't happened yet.

muh dik, I can already think of multiple structures that could be built from them. have they ever been added, or at least in a biome mod?

He made the right choice, pic looks like something from a unity asset swap.

I'm currently trying to fix it, some things are easier to fix than others and I've gotten stuck on trying to read json files, once I figure it out though, I'll be able to start cranking out configs for most hardcoded aspects like health/hunger/recipes/etc.
Java confuses me though, and minecraf'ts code base is all over the fucking place, so figuring out how things work takes a long time of jumping between different classes and memorizing how one thing affects the other.

Minetest supports blender models by default.

Probably too hard to implement compared to the models that exist, I don't know if notch made a custom tool for designing models or what, but I've seen the model classes and it's series of calls for adding boxes, actually let me just screencap it.
I can't imagine what it would take to have a model like in that pic.

Christ

You could improve that by making a tree diagram of body parts. Even then, the names are arbitrary and it should just be an array of data

youll get no sympathy from me

I'm hoping that over time I'll begin to understand enough to improve upon the existing code, but there is still so much that needs to be done and I'm lucky when I get a weekend free to do anything.

theres a native entity framework, its just very simple. what people are making are vehicle or mob APIs, or whatever else would use entities.
Freeminer claims to do that, but IIRC the only notable thing about it was that it had an Android port before Minetest. Voxelands is a fork of Minetest before the Lua Modding API existed, so you can expect it to lack features compared to using a bunch of mods in Minetest. basically its Minetest for very potato computers.
theres also Squaresville C, but thats a fork based on dev builds mostly focused on a map generator. a lot of it used to be lua mods: forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=15410

i've had "volcanoes" in minetest, due to the magma conduits mod and the dynamic liquid mod (magma conduit generates high enough in a hill or mountain), can be pretty chaotic. ethereal has a lava biome where pools of lava are generated as well.
this was a minetest mod: forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?t=16503
the bastet mod adds statues 900 statues randomly placed in the game world, they can summon mobs. theres also the pyramids mod and the ziggurats mod.
the cloud API in minetest lets you do this apparently.
v7 mapgenerator in minetest
in minetest_game and in the ethereal mod
dunno if theres a mod that added generating them but its definitely possible
minetest generates mountains taller than 256 sometimes, but minetest's actual height limit is much higher than that.

you'll see them sometimes in minetest, at least in the v7 mapgenerator.

It looked okay in 2009.

Just use a fucking library.
github.com/stleary/JSON-java
First fucking google result.
As someone who wrote Java for most of his education, get used to that. It's a primitive, limited language that is just poorly designed. You get into a very bad habit of designing everything in terms of objects, because it forces OOP upon you. Even when it's not suitable to model like that. Also, it's impossible to get it to perform in a reliable fashion. You just don't know when the garbage collector will kick in, causing your game to microstutter.

Yeah I could use another library for it, but there's already a library in minecraft for reading/writing json, but the documentation on it is as barebones as you can get, I'm thinking the only reason Notch used it at all was because it was slimmer pickin's at the time. So to avoid adding a second library in I've been trying to figure out what's included, I don't want to make this shit MORE bloated after all.

Wow OP, welcome to like 2009.

I think Notch is glad he fucked off and sold that shit.

Bonus:

I wonder if we'll ever see Minecraft again or if it'll just be another thing Microsoft paid billions for, does nothing with, and writes off.