BATTLE BROTHERS

BATTLE BROTHERS

Post the best seeds you ever found. Also post stories, tactics etc.

Other urls found in this thread:

s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=05004908361243586209
twitter.com/AnonBabble

shill thread sage goes in all fields
go shill on ResetEra, amerimutt

oy vey, it's not a template thread. we got to shut it down and shout shill

Hi Holla Forums

How retarded do you have to be to parrot this on a board with only one text field. Goddamn you niggers are stupid.

The complete idiocy gave it away, didn't it? Let's ignore the newest attempt from the Marxists to make everyone miserable and talk about the game.

I do quite like it, it's basically Mount and Blade if it were a turn based game. What does irritate me is that the developers didn't release mod tools, because as it is the game does get stale after a while (though it will still take you dozens of hours to get a grasp of the combat and dozens more to experience most of the content).

The cancer killing Holla Forums this entire website.

I love this game, but mages ruin late-game battles. As if fighting a million Vietkong Goblins isn't bad enough, battling them when some shaman can vine rape your men every other turn is pure agony. Fuck hedge knights, too. I can't go two turns without the dumb fucks trying to kill each other.

that grinds my gears too. Imagine all the batshit crazy mods this would generate.

2deep4me
Wish we could have something comparable to these enemy wizards but that could potentially ruin the mood of the game.

We'll never know because the devs are gay and won't allow modding for whatever retarded reason.

they probably fucked up the possibility of having modding from the very beginning with the way they built the game and don't want to admit it.

maybe he killed a changeling, but doesnt have the lore check to know the enemy name?

I could imagine this game being so much better if the player had access to all the tools that the enemy gets. Imagine being able to hire/enslave orcs or goblins or having a necromancer in your party. But nope, no fun allowed.

I can already imagine some unique events to go with that

how the fuck does one even begin to fight later types of undead? Zombies try to overwhelm me with numbers and resurrection and the armored ones often succeed with that due to infinite stamina, and when that shit's sprinkled with necromancers and gaists and whatever the fuck it is that crawls out later, it's basically game over

A couple of good archers will help against necromancers or else having a couple of your guys run around the flanks to get to the fuck. for geists, if you have some dogs it helps and some guys with spears or other high hit weapons. I can't really remember too well, I played ages ago when it just got released, so my advice might be out dated as well.

Well, apart from killing the necros/geists first, there's nothing much you can do except for the good ol' spear wall. Either that or use two-handed swordsmen and axemen to mow them down very fast. Throw an axeman in the middle of a group of them and he can kill all of them with a single round swing.

Hi Holla Forums

we should hunt down every single person on leftypol make them dig their own graves

why is pissing on kids so fucking sexy?

The Lindwurm is free you fucking idiot.

Who gives a shit?

Really good game but still lacking in a lot of fields

I don't know how that would work or fit in with the rest of the mechanics, though.
You forgot dungeons. No dungeons.
You can use up to 18 with a simple tweak.
Yeah out of combat content in general could be much better.

The game could really use some alternative modes like being a lich raising undead from your battles or some kind of orc campaign.
Would also like to see some minor magic.

Where the fuck are the modding tools?

Shield walls and spears still work well with flanking two-handed weapons and crossbowmen.
Bows seem to drop off quickly against more armored enemies.

Just like goblin riders but with the difference that horse could go 1 tile per AP on flat terrain and had much harder time to move in rough terrain, in addition to providing "charge bonus" when engaging with an enemy. Also it could lead to adding for eg. lances to the game
This too
How?
Yeah, but its still very enjoyable and pretty good, if only it was moddable. I still have faith for their future project tho since devs seem talented.

Is the game still a rng centric unbalanced mess? did the mod community finally fix it?

Is the game still a rng centric unbalanced mess with no mod support?

They couldn't have even made it so that you can create a PC but if they die, you gotta load one of those special saves or some shit.

"Step 1: Version 1.005
I tried it myself this morning and it's working perfectly - the only flaw is that the post-battle summary still only shows 12 brothers. Will post screencaps once I get home.
Honestly I'll probably lower it to 15 or something though. Having 18 brothers just makes every battle a steamroll unless you're up against a 50+ doom stack.

Step 2: Version 1.10+
Due to the 1.1 patch that was recently released, the original method no longer works.
However, you can fix this issue by replacing a single file in the /data001 file with the same file from the 1.0.0.5 patch.
To do this you need to get a copy of the 1.0.0.5 version of the game (however you can). Once you've done this, on both the 1.1 version and the 1.0.0.5 version of the game, find this file:

data001\scripts\entity\tactical\tactical_entity_manager.cnut

What you want to do is drag this file from the 1.0.0.5 version of the game into the same directory in the 1.1 version of the game.
You don't want any other files, just this one.
If you do this, on top of what I said on the rest of the guide, the mod should now work, and all of the benefits of the 1.1 patch should still be there."
The file from version 1.0.0.5 is here:
s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=05004908361243586209

PC would die very easily, especially in the beginning. You would have to babysit him the entire game.

bump

Still?

They stopped development for the game like 2 months after release.